Menstrual blood is maintained in a liquid state due to the activation of special enzymes that prevent its coagulation in the uterus and vagina. Blood clots are allowed during menstruation, if it is a small strand, pieces. The appearance of large clots may indicate a pathology.
During menstruation, there is a separation of the endometrium, which was prepared for the adoption of a fertilized egg. Endometrium is the uterine mucosa, which is pierced with a large number of vessels. It is intensively supplied with blood, and during menstruation its separation occurs due to overflow with blood and spasm of microvessels. Therefore, the menstrual flow resembles blood, but it is not pure.
Concept of norm
For the average duration of menstruation, a woman loses from 80 to 100 ml of blood. These are normal indicators, which can sometimes deviate. In the first day or two monthly abundant, but subsequently they decrease. At the same time, the secretions that appear on the gasket contain not only blood. They include:
- endometrial residues,
- cervical mucus
- vaginal microflora,
- waste products of microflora.
Anticoagulant enzymes maintain the excretion in a liquid state, so as not to hinder their removal. The chemical composition of blood closer to the venous, therefore, has a dark red-brown color.
What do blood clots say during menstruation?
Monthly with small clots and mucus fit into the concept of the norm. Similar excretions can be observed each cycle. Especially when using tampons - coagulated blood and endometrial residues are not absorbed into them, but go outside when removed.
But large blood clots during menstruation should be alerted. The cause may be the following states.
- Uterus bend. The position of the body of the uterus can dynamically change. This happens for natural reasons - due to the overflowing bladder, rectum. Sometimes associated with the location of the peritoneum and ligamentous apparatus. If the uterus bends forward, blood flow may be disturbed. After a while, it will curl up and come out in the form of a huge blood clot during menstruation. This may cause cramping pain: the cervix has to stretch a bit to skip a blood clot.
- After abortion. During the abortion, the doctor needs to expand the cervical canal with special metal dilators. All manipulations can haunt in the first menstruation. It does not come on time, heavy bleeding or, conversely, scanty bleeding. And when the neck spasm is broken, the outflow of blood is disturbed, and it comes out later as a dense, dark-colored clot.
- After childbirth . Before the onset of menstruation after childbirth passes from two months or more. It all depends on the desire of women to breastfeed. But the bleeding, which must stop within the first month, sometimes suddenly increases, the blood becomes scarlet, and large clots appear in it. This is not a sudden menstruation, but the remnants of the fetal place. This situation requires emergency assistance.
- Aborted pregnancy. Sometimes a woman does not even know about her pregnancy, especially if the menstrual cycle is irregular. A delay of several days ends with the release of blood clots during menstruation, similar to the liver. Miscarriage may go unnoticed, since the fertilized egg in this period is only a few millimeters in size. But the condition is dangerous with the possibility of massive bleeding: the uterus is not always completely emptied, and the remaining parts will not allow it to contract normally.
- Ectopic pregnancy . A fertilized egg can attach to the cavity of the fallopian tube. Such a pregnancy can not be saved. It ends with either a tube abortion or rupture of the fallopian tube. In the second case, the risk of internal bleeding is much higher. Part of the blood will be excreted through the vagina in the form of clots.
- Endometriosis. The cause of blood clots in menstruation in this case is the thickening of the endometrium in the uterus, as well as its desquamation in the endometriotic foci. If adenomyosis is formed, the mucous membrane grows into the muscle layer of the uterus, the structure of the body becomes similar to the honeycomb. Every menstrual cycle, they are emptied, but in the form of dark blood and clots.
- Intrauterine device . Intrauterine contraceptives can affect the volume of blood loss - menstruation is extended and become abundant. But the helix creates a mechanical obstacle, so the blood can begin to clot in the uterus.
- Abnormalities of the uterus. The congenital anomalies include an intrauterine septum, which divides the organ into two parts. As well as a partial septum, if the uterus in the process of ontogenesis has not fully grown together. Acquired intrauterine synechia, which are the outcome of chronic endometritis, also disrupt the flow of menstrual blood.
- Infection. Menstrual blood is a good breeding ground for bacteria. Therefore, by the beginning of menstruation, some women report an exacerbation of chronic inflammatory diseases. As a result of the vital activity of microbes, the blood may clot and come out in clots.
- Climax. Decreased ovarian function leads to hormonal changes that affect the general state of health. In an aging body, an increase in blood clotting occurs. Therefore, the monthly before the onset of menopause may be clots.
- Pathology of the coagulation system. Congenital or acquired coagulation disorders (for example, thrombophilia) lead not only to an increased risk of blood clots in the vessels. Sometimes blood clots during menstruation speak about the pathology of coagulation, and not the uterus.
5 warning signs
Periodic release of small blood clots - a variant of the norm. But there are situations that require urgent medical care. Note the five warning signs.
- Duration Menstruation goes on suspiciously for a long time, while there is no tendency to reduce bleeding. If seven days have passed, and the discharge does not stop, you need a medical examination.
- Abundance On pathology says non-characteristic volume of blood loss, which leads to a feeling of weakness, dizziness, tachycardia. And also profuse bleeding, when the gasket lasts no more than two hours.
- Smell. Unpleasant smell, uncharacteristic for normal menstruation, indicates possible infection. An additional symptom may be fever.
- Abdominal pain . Pulling or sharp pain, which is accompanied by bleeding with blood clots, suggests possible internal bleeding.
- Change the composition. If clots appear with white streaks, purulent impurities, then an urgent need to consult a doctor.
If blood clots appear during menstruation, it is necessary to exclude all factors that may have a deplorable effect on reproductive health. Treatment should be prescribed by a doctor based on the causes of the pathology. Sometimes it can be limited to homeopathy and folk remedies, and in some cases surgical treatment may be required.
Blood clots in menstruation - is this normal?
Every month, the reproductive system produces an egg, which passes through all stages of development, and at the time of ovulation becomes ready for fertilization. The hormonal system and the reproductive organs are preparing for pregnancy, as a result of which the inner layer of the uterus thickens the endometrium. If a woman is carefully protected, conception does not occur. The level of certain hormones begins to decline.
Under the influence of hormones, the blood supply to the uterus cavity decreases. Endometrium, as unnecessary, is rejected and leaves the reproductive organ through the genital tract. In other words, there are monthly flow - mucous and blood mass with particles of the endometrium. Too liquid menstrual flow should not be.
Studying the question of why the monthly go by blood clots, immediately consider the phenomenon of the norm. In most cases, they stand out after changing the position of the body. If a woman is lying or sitting for a long time, the blood in the uterus stagnates and slowly coagulates. But after she gets up and moves around the room, the discharge quickly comes out with clots. This is normal.
It is also necessary to take into account that on critical days the body produces enzymes whose properties are similar to anticoagulants. With moderate menstruation, they reduce the rate of blood clotting. With abundant secretions, specific enzymes do not have time to cope with their functions, and menstruation comes with clots.
Blood clots during menstruation as a sign of pathology
If there are periods with blood clots large and resembling the liver, and the menstruation itself resembles bleeding and is accompanied by severe pain, this indicates a deviation.
Consider the main reasons for this negative phenomenon.
- Poor blood clotting. The blood quickly coagulates in the uterus, since the necessary enzymes do not work.
- Intrauterine device. The body takes a mechanical contraceptive for a foreign body. Unusual conditions affect the nature of the discharge.
- Ectopic pregnancy. In addition to thick bloody discharge, women suffer from lower abdominal pain and hyperthermia.
- Childbirth / abortion / scraping. The first periods after childbirth or surgery are pathological. Dimensions of clots reach a length of 12 cm. Abundant thick discharge can leave the body against the background of increased body temperature. In this case, you must consult a doctor and examine the uterus. It is possible that there were particles of the placenta in the cavity. Now you know why large blood clots come out during your period.
- Uterine fibroids. The development of a benign tumor in the main reproductive organ disrupts the stable cycle and makes the monthly discharge abundant and thick.
- Hormonal disorders. Wrong ratio of hormones makes menstruation irregular, intense, thick. Sometimes the discharge is brown in color.
- Endometriosis. Hyperplasia, that is, an abnormal proliferation of the mucous membrane of the uterus, often leads to the fact that large blood clots are present in the menstrual flow. Causes of endometriosis and blood clots in menstruation - endocrine disorders, including obesity and diabetes, and hypertension.
- Incorrect structure of the internal genital organs. The development of the girl's genitals begins in the prenatal period. Incorrect formation of the structure distorts the body of the uterus, causing it to become single-horned, double-horned, curved or saddle-shaped (there may be other anomalies, for example, an intrauterine septum). Such deviations violate the contractility of the uterus during menstruation, so bleeding increases and clots come out.
- Oncological diseases. Malignant neoplasms in the reproductive organs provoke bleeding with clots in different phases of the cycle.
- Iron-deficiency anemia. An insufficient amount of iron in the blood leads to a decrease in hemoglobin level. Hemoglobin is a protein responsible for feeding cells with oxygen. Deficiency of the substance disrupts the body and leads to weakness, nausea, dizziness and painful periods. In secretions, clots of 2-4 cm in size are visible.
- Ovarian cysts. Enlarged ovaries with cyst-like formations cause soreness and discomfort. Unpleasant sensations increase during intercourse. Functional cysts distort the hormonal status and extend the 2nd phase of the MC. Bleeding becomes irregular. When critical days begin, discharge goes copious with clots.
- Endometrial polyposis. The proliferation of the inner layer of the uterus occurs according to the type of formation of polyps. The disease causes lower abdominal pain and menstruation with clots.
- The use of drugs that accelerate the beginning of menstruation. With a delay in menstruation, some women drink Duphaston, Norkolut and other pills that approximate bleeding without consulting the doctor. The appearance of clots in the days of menstruation in this case is due to the fact that the delay was not due to progesterone deficiency.
Abundant bleeding with clots on menstrual days may disturb a woman with infectious diseases of the pelvic organs. Also, the consistency of secretions is affected by an excess of vitamin B and insufficient fluid intake.
What is the danger of menstruation that come with clots
In the menstrual flow allowed the presence of small single blood clots. But if the dark pieces come out accompanied by additional symptoms, it is necessary to consult a doctor for clarification.
It is highly recommended to visit a gynecologist if:
- Concerned about dizziness.
- Body temperature ranges from 37.5 - 40 ° C.
- Outside of menstruation, brown discharge appeared.
- In the abdomen, there is severe pain and other discomfort.
- There is a pre-unconscious state.
- Abundant menstruation lasts longer than 7 days.
- Menstruation began in a timely manner, but come with large brown-black clots and a stomach ache.
- For all critical days, blood loss exceeded 150 - 200 ml (in one cycle).
So why are blood clots with menstruation dangerous? They can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy, the death of a polyp or other life-threatening condition.
If a woman is planning a pregnancy, an unusual menstruation should alert her. Pieces in menstruation suggest that the fertilized egg cannot be fixed in the uterus.
If the fertilized egg develops in the fallopian tube, in the right or left side, the woman will feel a pulling pain. Sometimes the painful symptom does not manifest until the fallopian tube is completely stretched and ruptured. Its contents enter the peritoneum and cause septic shock. In the absence of urgent medical care, the woman dies.
If during menstruation not only clots come out, but the above symptoms have appeared, it is necessary to consult a doctor without fail, regardless of age and desire to acquire offspring. Problem secretions may indicate a serious illness.
Diagnosis of pathological menstruation begins with a study of blood clotting and determining the level of hemoglobin. Leukocyte counts will help the doctor to verify the presence / absence of the inflammatory process. Also, the patient passes blood tests for hormones and antibodies. The second analysis will help identify pathogens. If there is a suspicion of oncopathology, the patient passes the analysis for tumor markers.
Biopsy allows you to establish the nature of the tumor. Ultrasound of the pelvic organs reveals neoplasms, abnormalities in the location and structure of the internal organs of the reproductive system and endometrial hyperplasia. In addition, the cervix and uterus are examined with a hysteroscope. The optical device facilitates the inspection of suspicious areas.
Treatment and Prevention
Having figured out what it is - blood clots in menstruation and what kind of illness they can testify to, let's consider in general terms the treatment of pathology and the prevention of iron deficiency anemia. Conservative therapy aims to eliminate the factors that provoked abnormal bleeding, and fill the lack of iron.
Preparations for the conservative therapy:
- Hormonal agents.
- Folic acid.
- Iron preparations to maintain hemoglobin.
- Cyclic vitamin therapy with the content of vitamins A, E, B, C.
Surgical treatment aims to remove fibroids, the intrauterine septum, abnormally overgrown endometrium and other pathological elements. In advanced cases and in cancer, removal of the uterus is indicated.
To replenish the reserves of iron lost with menstrual flow, the patient is prescribed a diet. The diet should contain the following foods:
- Red meat.
- Pork or beef liver.
- Boiled beets.
- Dark chicken meat.
If a woman does not suffer from iron deficiency anemia, still such nutrition will be useful. The listed products facilitate the flow of menstruation. About a week before the expected bleeding is recommended to refrain from some products:
- Canned food.
- Smoked meats.
- Fast foods.
- Energy drinks.
What are the reasons for such nutritional restrictions?
The fact is that before menstruation in the body is concentrated 1 - 3 liters of excess fluid. Salt increases this volume and creates an additional load for the kidneys. But dehydration also has a negative effect on the menstrual process, so a woman should consume enough water.
Coffee and various energy drinks increase the tone of the uterus and increase pain during menstruation. You should also not use tonic drinks and products that promote gas formation in the intestine. According to medical statistics, women with iron deficiency anemia suffer from colitis, gastritis, and enteritis. Compliance with a safe diet for them will be useful, even if with no monthly problems.
With a sedentary lifestyle, a woman may conduct a small experiment and observe how the monthly flow will go - with clots or not.To do this, a week before menstruation, you must do daily exercises. It is possible without difficult exercises.
If blood clots with menstruation earlier came out due to low physical activity, this time the menstruation will pass without lumps. But if sport and diet could not change the composition of the discharge, it is necessary to consult a doctor and be examined.
P.S. Remember that menstruation should not be too uncomfortable and reduce performance. If you notice large, liver-like pieces of thick blood on critical days, immediately go to the clinic or call an ambulance for heavy bleeding and feeling unwell.
Waiting until the situation improves by itself, as well as self-treatment, will lead to the fact that you miss a serious illness. With the progression of cancer pathology treatment may be useless.
Natural factors affecting excreta
Causes of clots in menstruation are not always pathology. The unusual consistency of secretions may be due to physiological factors. These include:
Increased blood clotting at high body temperature, for example, during colds.
- Hormonal restructuring of the body, when the cycle has not yet established or premenopause. During this period, heavy bleeding can be replaced by scarce and the appearance of clots is inevitable.
- Termination of pregnancy for a period of 1-2 weeks. If the fertilized egg is not fixed in the endometrium, menstruation may come with a slight delay, and the remnants of the ovum in the form of pieces will come out with blood.
- Genetic feature in the form of a modified form of the uterus (bend, separation of the organ cavity by a partition into two parts).
- The use of an intrauterine device that violates the free flow of blood.
- Iron-deficiency anemia.
- Low physical activity.
- Insufficient fluid intake.
- The presence of pathologies of the cardiovascular system, blood diseases.
Pathologies causing clots
Excessive bleeding with thick black bloody pieces can mean the onset of inflammatory processes in the genital organs. If you do not start treatment in time, serious complications are possible: iron deficiency anemia, large blood loss, aggravation of diseases of the internal organs, infertility. Cases of death are also not excluded, if the cause was an ectopic pregnancy or the remains of the ovum in the uterus.
If no pathologies are found, but the menses are still heterogeneous, It should be tested for the degree of blood clotting and the content in the body of B vitamins. Their excess can lead to an increase in blood clotting, which increases the risk of uterine vein thrombosis and requires correction.
White clots on the linen fabric with a sour smell can be a symptom of candidiasis. To restore the normal microflora of the vagina, you should consult with your doctor, who will choose the best treatment option.
The following symptoms can be considered a cause for concern: unpleasant odor of discharge, severe cycle failure, constant discharge of brown mucus, huge dark clots during menstruation, acute pain in the abdomen, poor health, high fever.
Endometrium is the functional membrane of the uterus that regulates the production of hormones necessary for the formation and development of the fetus. When it grows due to diseases such as hyperplasia and endometriosis, the cells can go beyond the limits of the organ and stand out in large pieces.
If the uterus is inflamed, doctors diagnose endometritis. The disease threatens the rapid growth of pathogenic flora inside the pelvic organs.
Endometrial pathologies have similar symptoms.:
profuse menstrual bleeding lasting more than a week
- severe lower abdominal pain
- intermenstrual spotting with clots,
- insufficient secretion of vaginal lubrication, which leads to discomfort during intimacy,
- difficulty conceiving.
This disease is the occurrence of benign growths inside the uterus, which in advanced cases can turn into a malignant form. In gynecology, in addition to fibroids secrete fibroids, fibroids. If you notice clots during menstruation, the reasons may be a hormonal imbalance. At risk are women after 40 years, close to menopause, but the disease can occur in childbearing age.
The disease can be almost asymptomatic, posing only as an unusual discharge with clots. Because of the swelling, the blood is unable to freely come out and coagulates. Myoma may grow or disappear after a while. Amenable to hormone therapy. With the growth may require surgery.
It is important to timely identify the disease, then the treatment will be as effective as possible.
The main cause of the disease is abortion, childbirth in adulthood.. But now more and more cases of polyps occur in young women who have not interrupted pregnancy. In this case, the pathology can be triggered by hormonal disruption. Polyps are small neoplasms that grow on the walls of the uterus. They cause pain, heavy bleeding with clots.
After installing the intrauterine device
The intrauterine device is a type of hormonal contraceptives. It is made of plastic or copper, placed inside the uterus around its neck. Installing the product is not considered a traumatic procedure, but after it there may be bleeding, which normally should disappear in 3−5 days. If the bleeding does not stop and becomes abundant, and during the menstruation blood clots are released, the helix should be removed. After that, you need to choose a more suitable method of contraception.
After abortion, miscarriage, childbirth
Bleeding with clots can be a response to physical intervention. This condition is also a consequence of incomplete removal of the embryo, the beginning of the inflammatory process. Part of the fetus may remain in the uterus due to a mini-abortion with the use of tablets without a second expert consultation or vacuum aspiration. Possible injury to the body when scraping.
After childbirth, the woman’s monthly cycle is not immediately restored. There are delays, violation of the duration of menstruation. In some cases, there is heavy bleeding, there are clots. If there are monthly blood clots, the causes of which are unknown, it is necessary to consult with the gynecologist in order to exclude the presence of pathological processes.
Spontaneous abortion often occurs during the first 12 weeks after conception. A woman may not know her position. After a small delay of 1–3 weeks, more abundant than usual discharge, non-uniform in consistency begins. To make sure that the uterus is completely clean and there is no need for additional procedures, you need to undergo an ultrasound.
Medical means to call menstruation
Information posted online often pushes women to self-medicate. It does not take into account many factors and the body's response to taking the drug is unpredictable. Women who do not understand why they have lost the cycle are trying to restore it to Norkolut and Duphaston. These tablets contain a significant amount of progesterone. If hormones are disturbed, and progesterone was initially normal or even elevated, the drug will cause heavy bleeding with blood clots. The therapy prescribed by a qualified specialist will help to correct the situation.
Violations of the urogenital system is engaged in a gynecologist. The specialist examines the patient on the gynecological chair, then assigns the necessary tests. In some cases, it may also be necessary to consult a general practitioner, oncologist, and endocrinologist.
In addition to the examination, the following are used to identify the reason why large clots appeared during menstruation. diagnostic methods:
liver and kidney tests,
- study of hormonal levels,
- blood test - biochemical and general,
- examination of the endometrium by diagnostic curettage,
- hysteroscopy - taking material from the uterus,
- oncocytology - smear from the cervical canal,
- determination of coagulability, the level of erythrocytes, leukocytes,
- Ultrasound, MRI of the pelvic organs.
To avoid health problems, you need to pay attention to your lifestyle. The following rules will help:
to balance the daily diet, it is useful to use red meat, buckwheat, fish, veal, apples, eggs, liver (pork, beef) to replenish iron in the blood,
- eliminate or minimize bad habits (nicotine, alcohol),
- do sports: hiking, jogging, swimming, doing exercises in the morning,
- sleep at least 8 hours, avoid stress.
A healthy lifestyle helps to maintain vitality, stabilize hormones, and ease the flow of the menstrual cycle. In normal menstruation can be with clots and if the discharge is not too abundant, there is no temperature and severe pain, then you should not worry. When the duration of critical days exceeds 1 week, a lot of lumps stand out, the temperature rises, there is a strong indisposition — you need to consult a doctor. Such a condition can be a sign of serious pathologies requiring medical intervention.
One of them is poor blood clotting. With this pathology there are very heavy bleeding. This condition can last up to 10 days every month and causes anemia.
The main causes of poor blood clotting are:
- genetic diseases - hemophilia, von Willebrand disease,
- insufficient content of vitamin K,
- cancer and infectious diseases of the liver,
- long-term use of antimicrobials and anticoagulants,
- low platelet count.
In this disease, the lining of the uterus inside - the endometrium, grows deep into the walls of the uterus or grows too much. Sometimes so that the process goes beyond the limits of the genital organ and spreads to the neighboring ones.
The reasons that cause the appearance of endometrial hyperplasia are not fully elucidated. But it is believed that disruption of the hormonal and immune systems can provoke the appearance of this pathology. Frequent abortions and prolonged use of intrauterine devices for contraception, severe childbirth, overweight and “poor” heredity can lead to hyperplasia.
Violations of the monthly cycle, which is observed in women suffering from endometrial hyperplasia, may be the first symptom according to which the doctor suspects this pathology. Depending on the causes of the disease, menstruation either occurs after a long break, or too often.
In the first case, the endometrium that has grown over a long period comes out in the form of large clots. In this case, the woman feels a sharp pain in the lower abdomen, often she looks like labor pains. Discharge (except for large thick fragments) is liquid, and much more abundant than in the normal state of the endometrium.
When the growth of the endometrium is uneven, is focal in nature, the menstruation is rather scarce. This is due to the fact that only the areas of the normal, unchanged endometrium exfoliate and exit. At the same time in the middle of the cycle there may be spotting or heavy bleeding.
The causes of the appearance of blood are various - strong physical exertion, careless sex. But due to the increased fragility of blood vessels with focal hyperplasia bleeding can begin arbitrarily.
Condition after delivery
Postpartum discharge in women is somewhat different from the usual menstrual and called lochia. Do not be afraid if a large amount of blood comes out during breastfeeding, when walking or after probing the abdomen - the uterus contracts especially actively. Lochia last on average up to 8 weeks and consist of:
- blood cells
- plasma that is released from the injured surface of the uterus,
The composition and intensity of lochia varies depending on how long ago there were childbirth. In the first week they are abundant, similar to menstruation, there are many clots in them. The amount of excreted blood depends on how well the uterus is reduced. During the first 7 days of the postpartum period, a woman can lose up to half a liter of blood.
Then the lochias become red-brown, become thicker and less abundant. At 4-5 weeks they are already dark brown and scanty. And finally, by week 8, the uterine mucosa is fully restored, and the discharge acquires the character of light mucus.
After cesarean section, excretions have the same character as in physiological labor. But in this case, the woman should be especially careful to monitor their intensity and color. If the amount of blood suddenly increased significantly, it is necessary to immediately consult a doctor. Postoperative suture can interfere with the normal reduction of the uterus, which causes severe bleeding.
It happens that after delivery the placenta is not completely separated, the endometrium is poorly excreted, the blood stagnates. In this case, the woman may feel sharp weakness, dizziness, which is accompanied by high fever. This condition is an occasion for immediate visits to the gynecologist.
Among the reasons that cause the release of large amounts of blood during menstruation, hormonal imbalance in the body occupies a special place. They occur in women of different ages - and in very young girls, and in mature women.
Violations can be caused not only by the causes associated with insufficient or excessive production of sex hormones - estrogen and progesterone. Malfunctions of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands also affect the female reproductive sphere is not the best way.
Often the menstrual cycle gets off. Monthly come earlier than normal, or, conversely, with a significant delay. After a long break in the menstrual blood of a woman notice quite large clots. The discharge is abundant.
Hormonal disorders cannot be left unattended, hoping that “it will pass by itself”. Often they become the impetus for the development of infertility, problems with pregnancy, severe anemia and cancer.
The bend of the uterus is a phenomenon that is characterized by an unusual arrangement of the organ in the abdominal cavity. The body of the uterus while shifted posteriorly, to the left or right side. Often the bend is innate, but can also occur due to illness.
Congenital bend does not cause concern. While acquired is accompanied by a whole set of unpleasant symptoms. Among them, a violation of the cycle, pain in the lower abdomen on critical days, weak or too heavy discharge. Menstruation does not pass without a large number of clots. These problems are associated with obstructed outflow from the uterus.
The same discomfort is experienced by women with a septum in the reproductive organ. It appears due to a violation in the prenatal period of development. In addition to the problems associated with the menstrual cycle, this anomaly threatens the onset and normal pregnancy of the woman. Why doctors and advised to get rid of the septum surgically.
Insufficient hemoglobin in the blood - anemia. It may appear as a result of the harmful effects on the body of various external factors or develop after a large blood loss.
The development of female sex hormones depends on a sufficient amount of all the necessary nutrients in the body. As soon as their concentration decreases, a process is launched that negatively affects the work of the reproductive organs.
Anemia affects the nature of the monthly cycle. It becomes shorter. When menstruation comes, the woman feels especially bad - there is a strong weakness, pain in the lower abdomen and in the lower back, shortness of breath even at rest.
Discharge these days is abundant (due to increased fragility of the vessels), bright red (low red blood cell count). At the same time there is a large number of clots. Monthly periods lasting for anemia last up to 7 days, and their intensity remains the same for almost the entire period.