Painful periods are characterized by painful sensations, which by their appearance resemble contractions. The pain can be aching and manifest in the abdomen, sacrum or lower back during the entire menstruation. This pain causes a woman a lot of discomfort, which significantly impair her lifestyle. Painful periods - quite a frequent condition. It occurs in almost half of women. In anticipation of the next menstruation, a woman is tormented by thoughts of how hard it will be for her throughout this period. Without a doubt, this affects not only her general well-being, but also her emotional and mental state. All these changes lead to family problems. From all this it can be concluded that painful periods are a problem not only for medicine, but also for the whole society.
Painful periods are divided into primary and secondary. Primary painful periods are the result of anatomical changes in the internal organs of the reproductive system. Secondary painful periods are the result of diseases such as: endometriosis, malformations of the internal genital organs, inflammatory diseases of the uterus, which are chronic. In the fight against painful menstruation, a drug called no-shpa will come to help the woman. This pharmaceutical agent is an excellent analgesic that can relieve not only pain, but also spasm. Take no-shpu need one by one - two tablets in the morning, afternoon and evening. To normalize the menstrual cycle, you can also resort to the help of special dietary supplements (dietary supplements).
The composition of the drug and how it works
"No-shpa" is produced in several forms: tablets, ampoules, solution. The composition of this drug can not be called rich, the main active ingredient is Drotaverine hydrochloride.
There are many options for using shpy. Girls can use this medication for menstruation, as well as in the event that there are a number of symptoms indicated in the instructions for use in the column "Indications".
Drotaverine is responsible for the effects on FDE4 inhibitors, which inhibit and suppress the flow of physiological processes. The main property of the drug is to reduce the pressure and temperature. In addition, it promotes muscle relaxation and relieves spasms.
Pain during menstruation
The appearance of pain is a characteristic symptom of the onset of the menstrual cycle in most women. Despite the fact that the intensity of pain can all be completely different, the main discomfort is brought by the nagging pain in the lower abdomen. In addition, they have a bad effect on the quality of life and performance of girls. Painful periods are often also called dysmenorrhea.
Experts recommend taking "No-shpu" as an anesthetic during menstruation. The drug no-shpa with menstrual pain can loosen the uterine muscles. The drug has no serious side effects. The use of "No-shpy" does not harm the health of the woman and gives a tangible analgesic effect.
Types of pain and the effects of the drug
The drug is mainly used to eliminate spasmodic pains. In addition, "No-shpu" is used in such cases:
- Temperature rise,
- High blood pressure,
- Pains in intestines
If you carefully read the instructions, you can make sure that this drug is not considered a remedy for headaches, but only helps to overcome insomnia, which can cause it. It is also worth noting that this medication is not compatible with other painkillers. It is strictly not recommended to use the medicine on an ongoing basis. If you are already worried about headaches for a long time, then you should consult a doctor for qualified help. He will be able to choose the right treatment method for you.
There are two clinical pictures characterizing fever. In the first case, there is a sharp increase. For therapy used antipyretics. For the second case, the appearance of muscle spasms and cramps. Used for the treatment of antispasmodics. No-silo is recommended to be taken together with antihistamine and antipyretic drugs.
Infection of the respiratory tract provokes the development of cough. Most often it is caused by viruses, bacteria or fungi. For a cough flash, spasms and suffocation are characteristic. In this case, No-shpa helps the patient to soften the situation. It is recommended to be taken with cough medicine and expectorant drugs.
Since during pregnancy a woman has a high muscle tone of the uterus, there is a need to use painkillers. No-shpa helps to prepare the birth canal to the movement of the fetus. In most cases, the drug is prescribed together with Papaverin and Buscopan.
The cause of toothache is irritation of the nerve endings. Quite often, the use of this drug helps to reduce pain. Nevertheless, it will be enough for a short time, in connection with which it is recommended to make an appointment with a dentist.
There are many reasons for increasing pressure. If it is caused by a spasm of the blood vessels, it is recommended to use antispasmodic drugs. Due to the fact that No-shpa is able to expand the vessels, it is perfect for reducing pressure.
This disease is common in both adults and children. In this case, the drug is used to reduce pain. It relaxes the muscles of the bladder, thanks to which, the normalization of the body.
The cause of colic is a spasm of the muscles of the retroperitoneal and abdominal cavity. This can affect both the kidneys and the pancreas with the intestines and liver. No-shpa helps to eliminate spasm, thereby relieving pain. However, you need to seek help from a doctor to find out what is the cause and how to treat it.
Nausea and vomiting
Usually, nausea and vomiting are symptoms of malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract. The drug is able to relieve these symptoms, as well as give an analgesic effect, so that it will be possible to see a specialist.
First of all, you should read the instructions for use. Depending on what symptoms are observed, you need to choose the dosage you need yourself. Since antispasmodic drugs are sold without a prescription, there is a risk of using them for other than the intended purpose. It is not recommended to take No-shpu without good reasons.
The standard normal dose for an adult is 6 tablets per day, and for children - 3.
Indications and Contraindications
The main contraindications to the drug:
- Renal failure
- Heart failure,
- Diseases of the organs of the excretory system.
The indications include:
- Abdominal and stomach muscle spasms,
- Temperature rise,
- The tone of the uterus,
- Colic, etc.
Drotaverinum and No-Spa - what is the difference
When the muscles begin to contract sharply, a spasm is formed, causing unbearable pain. Every woman feels the same during menstruation. In such cases, antispasmodic drugs, for example, No-Spa or Drotaverine, come to the rescue. Before you buy the listed drugs in a pharmacy, you need to know how they differ.
Drotaverine hydrochloride is an active substance that is present in the composition of No-Shpy and Drotaverin. This element increases blood flow to the organs, lowers blood pressure and has an antispasmodic effect. From this we can conclude that both drugs contain the same substance, which assists with monthly pain.
The difference between No-Shpa and Drotaverin in one indicator - their value. But-Shpa as a more advertised brand has more value than Drotaverin. The dosage of these drugs is also the same, so if there was no No-Shpy at the pharmacy, you can safely buy Drotaverine to eliminate pain during menstruation. More about Drotaverine can be found in the video:
The composition of the drug and the release form
To learn more about each of the tools, you can study the instructions for use and components of the composition. The active ingredient - Drotaverine hydrochloride - will be the same in each tablet. In No-Spea and Drotaverin, its amount is 40 mg.
The composition is represented by the following components:
- But Shpa. As auxiliary substances contains magnesium stearate, talc, povidone, corn starch and lactose monohydrate.
- Drotaverine. The cheaper analogue of No-Spa contains lactose monohydrate, potato starch, crospovidone, talc and magnesium stearate.
Magnesium stearate is present in the composition to give shape and connection of all substances among themselves. Talc is needed for better gliding along the esophagus, and lactose monohydrate acts as a filler. Povidone or crospovidone is added to antispasmodics as a binder, and potato or corn starch is needed to form a tablet form.
No-Spa is produced in the form of tablets, as well as in ampoules for injections. Drotaverine is also sold in these two forms of release. No-Shpa is packaged in packs of 24 and 100 pieces, while it can be produced in blisters and polypropylene bottles. Drotaverine is packaged in packs of 20 pieces - 10 units per blister.
Impact on the body
The active ingredient Drotaverine hydrochloride is the most common and effective tool to help get rid of antispasmodic pain. It is prescribed not only for menstrual pain, but also in other situations when it is necessary to eliminate cramps.
No-Spa and Drotaverin have the following effects on the body:
- removes cramps
- affects the smooth muscle tissue of the walls of hollow organs, reducing their physical activity,
- removes painful sensations of nervous and muscular origin,
- moderately dilates blood vessels
- reduces motility of the smooth muscles of the urogenital system.
No-Shpu is used not only to eliminate pain during menstruation, but to eliminate spasms of the gastrointestinal tract and urinary tract. It is also used in gynecology with the threat of miscarriage or premature birth. Gynecologists may prescribe it for dysmenorrhea, as well as an additional medication in complex therapy.
How to drink No-Shpu and Drotaverine during menstruation
Since the active ingredient in these two drugs is the same, then the dosage will be the same. But Shpa during menstruation will help to remove cramps and return the woman to the usual life. Before taking the drug, it is recommended that you read the instructions for contraindications.
Dosage for monthly pain will be:
- 1 tablet should be taken when the girl feels severe cramps in the lower abdomen,
- if after some time the cramps do not pass, then you can take another pill of the antispasmodic drug.
An adult is allowed to take 1-2 tablets at 1 time. The amount will depend on the degree of pain: it is enough for one women to take 1 tablet of Drotaverin or No-Shpy to remove the spasms completely. For 1 day you can drink no more than 6 tablets of the drug.
For the treatment of persistent monthly pain, it is recommended to take 1-2 tablets three times a day until the spasms stop. The treatment should not be long: usually spasms take place 1-2 days after the onset of menstruation.
Does No-Shpa help with menstruation
According to statistics, No-Shpa is the most used drug for monthly pain. Regardless of the fact that there are more expensive or cheaper analogues, women are used to using this drug in the first days of menstruation. Once inside the body, No-Shpa acts on the smooth muscles of the uterus, eliminating spasms.
Through how much does No-Shpa during monthly
Yellow-colored small roundels with the characteristic “SPA” inscription have long been an integral part of the first-aid kit of every woman of reproductive age. The drug helps to get rid of cramps and pain in the lower abdomen. If you compare No-Shpu and drug Papaverine, then the effect of the first means comes faster, so that they are chosen by millions of women around the world.
But-Shpa has a high bioavailability, the period of its semi-absorption is 12 minutes. Taking No-Shpu inside, a woman can expect its action after 15 minutes. If the drug is administered intravenously, then its effect is palpable 5 minutes after administration. Due to this quick effect, a woman can drink medicine at the first urge of spasms, so that she can easily survive the onset of menstruation.
No-Shpa with painful menses
Abundant and painful periods are characterized by severe pain and cramps, which can be compared with contractions. The pain is manifested not only in the lower abdomen, it extends to the lower back, the sacrum, and can give to other areas of the back. To tolerate such pain during menstruation is impossible, so you should turn to antispasmodics.
But-Shpa with heavy menses, accompanied by severe cramps, helps to arrest the pain. It is necessary to take a pill of the drug in the morning and in the evening 1-2 units at a time. The duration of treatment is determined by the duration of pain. For example, if a woman suffers from severe monthly pain only on the first day of the cycle, then it would be wiser to take No-Shpu only on that day.
Why not drink No-Shpu during menstruation
Each analgesic or antispasmodic has a number of contraindications and side effects. But-Shpa also has a list of prohibitions for use, which must be read without fail:
- kidney and liver failure
- hypersensitivity to drotaverine and other components of the drug,
- heart failure,
- lack of lactose in the body,
- syndrome of absorption of lactose (the drug contains lactose monohydrate),
- No-Shpu can not drink to children under 1 year.
You can take pills with caution for people with arterial hypotension, as well as for people suffering from lactose intolerance. Side effects during menstruation are not observed, but the instructions say that violations of the nervous, immune and cardiovascular systems, as well as of the gastrointestinal tract in the form of nausea and constipation. Compliance with the indications and dosage will not lead to the appearance of side effects.
Analogs and price
The cost of the drug No-Shpa depends on the point of sale. In pharmacies or online pharmacies, its price usually starts from 200 rubles per pack of 100 pieces. At the same time packing No-Shpy of 24 pieces will cost the buyer 120 rubles. A pack of 6 tablets will cost 64 rubles.
There are several analogues of No-Shpy, which coincide in composition and action on the body during menstruation. These include:
- Drotaverine. Available in tablets of 50 pieces. For packing you need to pay 44 rubles.
- No-Spa Forte. It is a more effective analogue of No-Shpy, as it has an increased dosage of 80 mg. The cost at the pharmacy is 150 rubles for 24 tablets per pack.
- Spazmonet It contains the active ingredient Drotaverine hydrochloride, a pack of 20 tablets will cost 70 rubles. The manufacturer is located in Slovenia.
- Drotaverin-Teva. Tablets from the Israeli manufacturer. Packed in 20 pieces, the price - from 75 rubles.
As can be seen, there are enough analogues in No-Shpy, therefore, if the pharmacy does not have the right drug, you can easily replace it with an analog from the list. The dosage of the active substance in these tablets is the same except No-Shpy Forte.
Critical days each woman transfers in different ways. Some practically do not notice their cycle, while others are forced to suffer for 5-7 days and hardly get out of bed. To solve the problem with menstruation, you should know in advance about effective methods.
Be sure to first visit a specialist. The doctor will help you understand exactly what causes discomfort. First of all, this is a division for primary and secondary pains. Primary caused by anatomical features: it may be the structure of the genital organs.
In most cases, global treatment does not exist, only the withdrawal of symptoms. Secondary pains are caused by pathologies. This endometriosis, chronic inflammatory processes. They must be treated at the first signs.
No-shpa is effective drug only in case of regular use. This is a weak analgesic and antispasmodic. Due to this, there are practically no side effects. However, No-shpa with monthly helps only with a certain regimen. It is necessary to take the medicine a week before the menstruation. You will need three tablets a day.: one in the morning, at lunch and one in the evening.
The main effect of this medication is to reduce spasm. That is why No-shpa for pain during menstruation is more effective than any other analgesic that can reduce inflammation.
Discomfort occurs due to the fact that the uterus gets rid of unfertilized eggs with the help of contractions of muscle tissue. Sometimes the spasms last longer, which means more serious discomfort..
The active ingredient of the drug is drotaverine. It promotes relaxation of muscle tissue and blood vessels, and as a result spasms become much weaker. Additionally, this drug fights prostaglandins, which release damaged tissue and can cause an inflammatory process.
Contraindications and side effects
With regular use of these pills, you can notice unpleasant side effects. They are not serious, but require attention. First of all, a decrease in prostaglandins increases the amount of blood: they are able to form blood clots and stop the bleeding. The second point is to reduce vascular tone, thereby lowering blood pressure. When using the drug in the normal range, it does not lead to consequences.
No-shpa pills for painful periods may not take everything. There are contraindications, as with any antispasmodics and analgesics:
In case of an overdose, unpleasant consequences may occur, so be sure to follow the instructions. Side effects may be:
- Dizziness and decrease in pressure.
- Arrhythmia, increased heartbeat.
- Anxiety and increased sweating.
- Pain in the liver, heart, or kidneys.
Only with the permission of the gynecologist can take the drug during pregnancy. Sometimes it is necessary to preserve the fetus, and sometimes it can cause harm to the body. The menstruation cycle is not disturbed and there are no serious health problems even during long-term use, if you follow simple recommendations.
If the patient ignores the contraindications, the following complications may occur:
- very strong periods,
- pressure reduction
- pain in the heart or organs of the excretory system.
There are many cheaper analogues "No-shpa", among which it is worth noting the following:
At the moment, the cost of "No-shpy" in Russia ranges from 65 to 500 rubles, depending on the form of release and quantity in the package.
Which year already I keep "No-shpu" in the mini-first-aid kit. Rescues very often, especially when menstruation begins. Helps to fight spasms of the muscles of the intestine and bladder.
The drug is easy to use and acts instantly. I met him since childhood.
For my family, No-shpa became a family remedy, as it acts for its intended purpose, and very quickly. I give the child with abdominal pain, and I accept it during menstruation.
With the bitter taste of these pills met for a long time, however, the main thing is that they really help, unlike some other drugs. A few years later, I had to take No-shpu during my period.
To cope with painful sensations during menstruation will help No-shpa - antispasmodic, able to relax the muscle tissue of blood vessels and smooth muscles. Due to the active ingredient - drotaverine hydrochloride - the drug gently relieves spasm of the muscles of the uterus, so after 15-20 minutes after its use, the girl will be able to feel relief from discomfort. But-shpa not only copes with a single clamping of the muscle, it temporarily prevents further long-term contractions.
No-shpa not only has antispasmodic activity, this medicine partially neutralizes the action of prostaglandins - substances that are synthesized and released into the bloodstream when the tissues of the body are damaged. Such compounds have one unpleasant effect - they cause an inflammatory reaction, accompanied by pain.
When endometrial damage prostaglandins are allocated a lot, they increase the pain of a spasm of the uterus. But-shpa partially reduces the body's sensitivity to prostaglandins, so the discomfort disappears.
Negative effects of no-shpa
But shpa does not affect the menstrual cycle, nervous activity and does not provoke drowsiness, but it can cause some negative effects. Firstly, due to the antispasmodic action, the tablets reduce the tone not only of the uterus, but also of the vessels - this is fraught with a decrease in blood pressure.
With regular use of large doses of the drug, persistent hypotension may develop due to a decrease in the contractile activity of the vascular muscles.
Secondly, No-spa partially neutralizes the action of prostaglandins, which cause not only inflammation and pain, these substances accelerate the flow of blood cells to the injury site. There they must fight off the infection and form a blood clot in order not to lose blood anymore. Therefore, when taking No-spa sanitary pads will have to be changed more often, because the monthly will become more abundant. This effect, caused by frequent use of the drug, is dangerous for people with anemia and low blood pressure.
According to the instructions, the drug is not a remedy for headaches, but overcomes the insomnia that causes it. The drug is not compatible with other painkillers and is not recommended for regular use. With frequent headaches, you should consult a doctor who will prescribe a more correct treatment.
At a temperature
Temperature rise is characterized by two clinical pictures. The first, in which there is a sharp jump in the indicator, is eliminated with the help of antipyretic drugs. The second, which diagnoses muscle spasm, impaired blood circulation and the appearance of cramps, requires the use of antispasmodics. No-shpa is taken along with antipyretic and antihistamines.
The development of cough is provoked by an infection of the respiratory tract. It can be caused by a virus, bacterium or fungi. A cough outburst is accompanied by cramping and suffocation. In this case, the drug eases the situation for the patient. It is taken along with expectorant drugs and cough medicines.
During pregnancy, women need to use the drug. It appears when diagnosing a high tone in the muscles of the uterus, which can lead to unwanted interruption. The drug in the period of labor helps to prepare the birth canal to the movement of the fetus. It is prescribed, as a rule, with the drugs "Papaverin", "Buscopan", etc.
Cystitis is a common disease in adults and children. The doctor prescribes "No-shpu" as an additional drug for pain relief. The muscles of the bladder relax, it helps to normalize the functioning of the body.
Malfunctions in the gastrointestinal tract, which are expressed by nausea and vomiting, can eliminate “No-shpa”. The drug will relieve the initial symptoms, anesthesia and will give the patient the opportunity to consult a doctor.
Before using the medication, you must carefully study the application guide. Based on the emerging symptoms of the disease, it is necessary to choose for themselves the appropriate dosage of the drug. Sale of antispasmodics is carried out without a doctor's prescription, so you can not take them uncontrollably and for any reason.
Acceptable dose for adults - 2 tablets 3 times a day. For children - 120 mg in three doses. The drug has some contraindications that are listed in the instructions.
First aid for painful menstruation
- It boils down to the fact that you need to take a comfortable position. A woman is recommended to lie down and free the lower abdomen from the constraining clothing.
- In the presence of tight belts or trousers, they need to be undone. At the initial stages try to help yourself with physical methods.
- If there are painkillers recommended to take them.
- If you feel unwell, you should seek help from a specialist, or go to a medical facility on your own or call an ambulance brigade.
Painkillers during menstruation
This is one of the most used dosage forms for pain relief of menstruation. It is characterized by ease of use. But due to systemic effects, as well as passage through the gastrointestinal tract, it is not recommended to use them uncontrollably. This can only be a one-time use.
- Ketorol. The drug is from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Helps to quickly and effectively cope with pain. It has a small number of side effects, as well as a small multiplicity of intake. In most cases, only one pill for monthly pain relief is sufficient.
- Analgin. Cheaper and well-known drug that relates to naproxen derivatives. It has a good analgesic effect, but it is much lower compared to the above. In some cases, can be used twice. It has a high risk of developing stomach ulcers.
This is one of the most common ways to eliminate pain during menstruation.
Features of the action of candles:
- The advantage of their use is the creation of a local effect, as well as the absence of the passage of the active substance through the gastrointestinal tract.
- The action comes quickly enough, it is associated with a high degree of blood circulation in the rectum, which has many hemorrhoidal veins, which provide an increase in temperature in this area, a slight dissolution of the candle and absorption of the active components.
- In addition, due to the close anatomical location of the effect occurs much more pronounced, compared with systemic means in the form of tablets.
- Rectal suppositories used to relieve menstruation contain primarily paracetamol.
The effect can be observed already after 10 minutes. The course of therapy for rectal administration should not exceed 4 days, taking into account the regularity of the introduction. For use mainly used dosage of 500 mg. It is recommended to administer anesthesia for menstruation with the same interval of time not exceeding 5 hours.
- Among rectal suppositories for anesthesia menstruation are applied. Tylenol or Aquamol-Teva.
- You can also use candles for vaginal administration. The main disadvantage of using this form is the possibility of washing out the product before it is absorbed by the released blood. They almost do not have side effects, but at the same time the reduction of pain occurs within 10-15 minutes. Drugs in this group contain analgesics. These include Efferalgan or Tsefekon.
This is one of the common dosage forms used for painful menstruation in women.
The indication is a strong pain syndrome that interferes with the normal process of vital activity, reduces performance and standard of living.
Also, the introduction is allowed only to medical professionals who have this manipulation, as well as only under sterile conditions in compliance with all the rules of asepsis and antisepsis.
The appointment of such a dosage form is possible only by a doctor. These funds for pain relief of menstruation have analgesic or antispasmodic effects.
Among these drugs should be allocated solutions with the following names:
This is one of the new ways to relieve menstruation.
Features of use:
- The principle of its operation is to create a warming compress. As a result, the area of the pelvic organs is warmed, and the pain is reduced. During abundant menstruation associated with a strong pain syndrome, an antispasmodic effect occurs.
- The set includes a set of chemical agents that contribute to the creation of a complex reaction.. Due to the action of oxygen with the active substance, the reaction of heat generation takes place. The temperature rises to 50 degrees, the duration of this state continues within half an hour. Even after this period of time, the temperature reaction is maintained within a few more hours. Due to this, there is a uniform heating of the organs and the creation of a long-lasting effect, while the temperature does not reach such a level that can cause a burn on the skin.
- It should be remembered that the patch is applied only on underwear, it is impossible to make drawing on clean skin.
In the absence of contraindications, it is recommended to take it only in the days of heavy menstruation.
A group of drugs deposited for monthly anesthesia, which has been used for a long time.
Features of use:
- The mechanism of their analgesic action is based on the relaxation of smooth muscles, as well as the elimination of spasm of the vascular walls. There is a decrease in the tone of the spasm of the uterus, as well as improving the discharge of blood through the cervical canal, also due to the relaxation of the fibers of the cervix. After the introduction of antispasmodics, there may be a slight increase in blood loss.
- Often used for the treatment of algomenorrhea in adolescents, as well as girls who are not sexually active.
- Allowed for use by people suffering from pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, and can also be drunk during breastfeeding.
- The only drawback is a much less pronounced anesthetic effect compared with the means for example the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory group.
The most popular and well-known drug is No-shpa or Drotaverinum. The only difference between these trading appointments is the inexpensive price. Drotaverine is available in two dosage forms, these are tablets and injections.
The course of treatment can be quite long, with monthly periods last the entire period.
The downside of most drugs are side effects. Often drugs cause severe intoxication, subsequently causing complications of the kidneys and liver. To prevent the side effects of such drugs, we want to pay attention to special phytoampons. Read more here.
This is a common group of drugs to eliminate painful menstruation. The drugs are widely distributed in the pharmaceutical market.
Features of analgesics:
- Able to provide not only anesthetic, but also antipyretic effect.
- The main active ingredient is naproxen. They are allowed to take no more than 6 times a day. The course of therapy can be prescribed for the entire period of menstruation.
- This group of remedies is contraindicated for people who have individual intolerance, kidney and liver problems, as well as bronchial asthma and blood diseases.
- The most popular means of pain relief during menstruation are Analgin, Baralgin and Novalgin.
Group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
This is currently one of the leading monthly for pain relief.
Features of NSAIDs:
The mechanism of their action is based on the processes of blocking or retarding the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are the main mediators of pain.
- In addition to the pronounced analgesic action, they have a weak antispasmodic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- The most popular in chronic inflammatory processes that cause painful menstruation.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are currently used in various pathologies. For the anesthesia of menstruation it is recommended to take the funds by the exchange method. The beginning is carried out before the onset of menstruation for a few days.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory for pain relief of menstruation in various dosage forms. Among them may be pills, suppositories, solutions for intramuscular administration. Candles can be administered both rectally and vaginally. In case of severe pain syndrome, it is possible to use a loading dose with a gradual transition to a maintenance one.
Traditional methods of treatment
A lot of herbal remedies will help to cope with pain during menstruation, the most popular among them are:
Horsetail, which is used in the form of infusion.For its preparation it is necessary to mix 15 g of a dry plant per 300 g of boiled water. To insist the mixture obtained is required for an hour, and the resulting remedy is used with severe pain for every two hours to a quarter cup, and then switch to a triple use mode.
- Broth, for which the cross-shaped gentian is mixed with water, for full return of all useful properties it is required to boil the mixture for at least 10 minutes, then insist until it cools completely. The resulting mixture is filtered and consumed in half a glass three times a day.
- Mixture in which sporysh, horsetail, golden thrift and silverweed goose join. A mixture of the resulting herbs is poured boiling water, after which it is infused for an hour. Drink a glass of broth throughout the day, the course of treatment should be up to a week.
The roots of the elecampus are renowned for their analgesic effects.To obtain the desired mixture, it is necessary to mix the roots with 200 ml of boiling water, after which the mixture is boiled for several minutes, infused for several hours, until it cools completely. The resulting decoction is taken in a volume of a tablespoon three times a day.
- Листья лесной земляники. Столовая ложка сухих листьев заливается холодной водой и настаивается в течение дня, после чего процеживается и употребляется в объеме 100 мл.
- Nettle also uses its various healing properties from various sides to eliminate unpleasant symptoms during menstruation. It is able to reduce the amount of discharge, thereby anesthetizing menstruation. To do this, it can be used both locally and systemically. Inside, pre-cooked decoction is used, as well as tampons are used in which the leaves of a young plant are mixed to the state of porridge and placed in gauze. After that, the mixture must be inserted into the vagina.
Simple ways to relieve pain during menstruation.
Non-drug methods will help to eliminate pain during menstruation. Much attention is paid to these procedures by women for whom drugs are contraindicated, as well as to girls in adolescence.
To do this, use the following physical methods:
Warming the abdominal area.This is a procedure that quite easily and quickly helps to alleviate the symptoms, but has several limitations. It should not be used in cases of doubt, when the pain can be caused not by menstruation. In addition, when the mass of the pelvic organs, such as cysts and fibroids. To obtain the effect, it is enough to take a warm bath or use local heat. To do this, you can take salt or heated wheat, which is wrapped in cloth and placed on the abdomen. So there is a gradual and prolonged release of heat, and with it the provision of an antispasmodic effect.
- Exercise can also help to relieve menstruation. To do this, you can do gymnastic exercises or slow walking. In no case should it be weight lifting or high physical exertion.
- To cope with painful periods can massage the abdomen. To do this, a woman needs to take a comfortable position, free her stomach from clothes and make slow and soft circular movements in a clockwise direction. They will help to spasm and improve the discharge of blood from the body.
This is a rather complicated question about monthly anesthesia, and it is connected with the fact that many women cannot find an effective way due to the reason that causes the appearance of this syndrome.
First of all, the girl and the girl need to be taken for routine checkups to the gynecologist., it is advisable to do an ultrasound in childhood and adolescence. At this time, you can see the defects and abnormalities of the structure of the genitals and in time to fix the problem. The prevention of painful menstruation in this case is reduced to timely surgical intervention, reconstructive operations, etc. until the onset of menstruation.
- Also, the problem of anesthesia during menstruation is usually resolved by a woman after childbirth.when the uterus occupies a normal location. Therefore, if a woman suffers from a pronounced pain syndrome, she should not delay the birth of the first child.
- Factors that may cause inflammation of the uterus should be avoided. These are protected sexual acts, the absence of hypothermia, control over the state of immunity, as well as the timely treatment of already existing and anti-recurrent measures during periods of possible exacerbations.
Also with the question of endometriosis, prevention methods boil down to the timely detection of the disease.When a woman has any initial symptoms, you should contact a medical institution, modern drugs can suppress and limit the spread of the pathological process, thereby creating a long-term remission.
- With diagnosed varicose veins of the pelvic organs twice a year should be treated with venotonics., as well as to avoid heavy physical exertion and a long vertical position.
- If an intrauterine device is installed it is necessary to check the correctness of its location, as well as in the case of the ineffectiveness of other medical measures to remove it.
Reviews of women about how they cope with pain during menstruation:
Which drug is more effective?
The downside of most drugs, including those described in this article, is side effects. Often, drugs greatly harm the body, subsequently causing complications of the kidneys and liver.
To prevent the side effects of such drugs, we want to draw attention to the special phytoampons BEAUTIFUL LIFE.
In their composition there are natural healing herbs - it gives tremendous effects of cleansing the body and restoring women's health.
Read more about how this drug helped other women read here in our article on phytoampons.
Drug release forms:
- pills No-Shpa, on 6 or 24 pieces. in blisters, 1 blister per package, 60 pieces each with polypropylene bottles supplied with a single dispenser, 1 bottle per pack,
- pills No-Spa Forte №20, 10 pcs. in blisters, 2 blisters in a carton box,
- No-Shpa injections, No. 25 (5 × 5), 2 ml per ampoule, 5 ampoules (arranged in a pallet), in a carton 5 pallets.
Tablets of 40 mg biconvex, round, yellow with an orange or greenish tint color. Engraved on each tabletspa”.
No-Spa Forte is a biconvex, oblong-shaped tablet of yellow with an orange or greenish tint of color. On one side there is a fault line, on the other, engraved “NOSPA”.
The drug in injectable form has the appearance of a clear yellow-green liquid.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Drotaverinum - this myotropic spasmolytic. The action of the drug is aimed at reducing the tone and motor activity of smooth muscles of internal organs. Moreover, these effects are accompanied by moderate dilation of the blood vessels.
In comparison with Papaverine has greater antispasmodic activity and duration of action. There are no pronounced effects on the cardiovascular, central, and vegetative nervous systems.
The remedy is effective in both muscle spasms and spasms of neurogenic origin. Regardless of the type of vegetative innervation, it helps to relax the smooth muscles of the biliary tract, digestive and urogenital tracts.
Insofar as drotaverinhas an effect directly on smooth muscles, it can be used to relieve spasm, even in cases where it is impossible to use drugs from the group holinoblokatorov (for example, whenprostatic hypertrophy or glaucoma).
Ingestion absorption Drotaverineone hundred percent. From the digestive tract the substance is absorbed very quickly. During the first passage (passage) through the liver, only 65% of the dose enters the bloodstream. TCmax - from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
In tissues drotaverinevenly distributed, penetrates smooth muscle cells. Does not pass through the BBB. Substance and / or its products metabolism can pass through a placental barrier in insignificant concentrations.
T1 / 2 - from 8 to 10 hours. Within 72 hours, the substance is almost completely excreted from the body. More than half of the drug is excreted - mainly in the form metabolites - By the kidneys, about a third - through the gastrointestinal tract (excretion into bile). Unchanged form of drotaverine in the urine is not detected.
What helps No-Shpy pills?
Indications for use No-Shpy:
- smooth muscle spasms caused by diseases of the biliary tract (cholecystitis, cholangitis, cholangiolithiasis, cholecystolithiasis, pericholecystitis, papillitis),
- smooth muscle spasms of the urinary tract cystitis, uro- and nephrolithiasis, pyelite, bladder tenesmus.
As an addition to the main therapy, the drug can be used for smooth muscle spasm, caused by diseases of the stomach and intestines. Indications for use are: peptic ulcer, meteoric forms of spastic colitisas well as SRKT with constipation, cramps pylorus and cardia.
In addition, it is advisable to take No-Shpu with headache and at dysmenorrhea. A headache for headache is effective if the cause of the pain is a spasm of the blood vessels (tension headache or tension pain).
Forte tablets are prescribed when it is necessary to provide a longer effect and reduce the multiplicity of applications.
What is No-Shpa for injectable?
But-Shpa in ampoules is used mainly in situations where taking tablets is impossible.
The composition of the tablets includes lactose. Its content in one tablet 40 mg - 52 mg, and in one tablet 80 mg - 104 mg. In this regard, patients with lactose intolerance may receive complaints from the digestive system.
People with impaired glucose / galactose absorption, lactase deficiency and galactosemia should be appointed only shots No-Shpy.
Parenteral administration of the drug is also shown in pancreatitis: the disease is often accompanied by debilitating vomiting, due to which the intake of pills does not give the desired effect.
Does No-Shpa help with toothache?
It is considered that the drug for toothache does not help. And this is not surprising, since the main effect Drotaverine - antispasmodic. The cause of the toothache is:
- damage to the enamel or dentine of the tooth,
- inflammation of the tissues surrounding the tooth root,
- pulp inflammation.
Smooth muscles in the development of pain do not play a role, therefore, the reception of No-Shpa with toothache does not make sense. However, in some cases, tablets are still able to help. If you put a pill on the tongue, you can feel that the tongue starts to numb quickly enough at the point of contact with it.
Not being analgesic, the drug provides an analgesic effect, and this allows it to be used to alleviate the condition in situations where there is no opportunity to quickly consult a doctor. To relieve pain, a pill is applied to a diseased tooth or placed in a carious cavity.
It should be noted that the medication will work only if the pulp chamber has already opened.
Pills No-Shpa: instructions for use
To relieve the condition during the day, an adult is recommended to take from 120 to 240 mg of drotaverine. Thus, the daily dose ranges from 3 to 6 tablets No-Shpy. It is recommended to divide it into 2-3 doses.
The maximum permissible single dose - 2 tablets of 40 mg, daily - 240 mg.
The standard dose for a child up to 12 years old is 80 mg / day. (dose is divided into 2 doses), for a child over 12 years old - 160 mg / day. (dose is divided into 2-4 doses).
The recommended duration of admission without consulting a doctor is no more than 2 days. If within 48 hours the condition does not improve, you should consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis and the selection of the correct treatment regimen.
In situations where No-Shpa is used as an adjunct to the main therapy, the recommended duration of treatment without consulting a doctor is 2-3 days.
Ampoules No-Shpa: instructions for use
Average daily dose Drotaverine in ampoules for an adult - from 40 to 240 mg. The drug is administered intramuscularly for 1-3 separate administrations.
No-Spa in / in is introduced to patients withstones in the biliary or urinary tract at acute colic. Single dose - from 40 to 80 mg (the solution should be introduced slowly).
How much does the medicine work?
The effectiveness of the drug No-Shpa three to four times higher efficiency Papaverine. In addition, the drug is characterized by 100% bioavailability. When taking the pill drotaverin very quickly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract: a period of semi-absorption of the substance - 12 minutes.
When taken internally, the action of No-Shpy appears after 10-15 minutes, and when administered intramuscularly - within 5 minutes.
A severe overdose of No-Shpy is accompanied cardiac arrhythmiaand impaired cardiac conduction function, up to the complete blockade of the legs of the PG (bundle of His) and heart failurewhich can lead to the death of the patient.
The literature indicates that the lethal dose of drotaverine is 1.6-2.4 grams (40 to 60 tablets, 40 mg each). Death occurred 2-3 hours after the drug was taken. Wikipedia states that the Drotaverine LD50 is approximately 135 mg / kg.
After taking a large dose Drotaverine the victim must be under medical supervision. Symptomatic treatment, including gastric lavage, induction of vomiting, and maintenance of vital body functions.
Like other papaverine-like PDE inhibitors, drotaverin weakens antiparkinsonic action Levodopa. When taking these drugs in combination may increase tremor and rigidity.
In combination with other antispasmodics (including with m-holinoblokatorami) mutual strengthening of antispasmodic action is noted.
Much of the dose taken Drotaverineis in a state associated with plasma proteins (mainly with β-, γ-globulins and Albumin).
There are no data on the interaction of a substance with substances that significantly bind to plasma proteins; nevertheless, their interaction at the level of communication with the protein is hypothetically possible ( of blood the patient will increase the concentration of the free fraction of the drug, in which the bond with the protein is weaker).
Hypothetically, this is fraught with the occurrence of toxic and / or pharmacodynamic effects of such a drug.
The composition of the tablets contains lactose, which should be remembered when prescribing the drug for people with the syndrome of impaired glucose / galactose absorption, lactase deficiency and galactosemia.
When in / in the introduction of the solution due to the risk of collapse, the patient should be in the supine position.
The drug should be used with caution in patients suffering from arterial hypotension.
The composition of the injection form of No-Shpa includes sodium metabisulfite, which can causeallergic reactions. In sensitive patients (especially those with a history of bronchial asthma or allergy) are possible bronchospasm and the onset of symptomsanaphylactic shock.
Patients with known hypersensitivity to sodium metabisulfite should avoid using No-Shpy injections.
Indications for use in pediatric practice
It is advisable to give medicine to children atcystitisand nephrolithiasisemerged spasms of the duodenum or stomach, gastritis, enteritis, colitis, flatulence, constipation, spasm of peripheral arteries, high fever and severe headaches.
Contraindications for children
In children, the use of No-Shpy is contraindicated in heart, kidney or liver failure, individual intolerance to the components of the drug, low blood pressure, impaired absorption of galactose / lactose, angle-closure glaucoma, bronchial asthma, atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries.
The use of tablets is strictly contraindicated in children under 12 months, but the most safe is to give the drug from the age of six. Very young children so powerful antispasmodicgive only in cases where there is no alternative.
To improve the taste of the tablet, it can be crushed into powder and mixed with sweet syrup.
Dosage for children at temperature
At a temperature in children, No-Shpa is used as one of the components of the so-called “triad”.
In addition to antispasmodics, such a mixture may include:
For knocking down the temperature, you can use a simple combination “No-Shpa + Analgin”.
The dosage of each drug is calculated depending on the age of the child. For example, for a child of 2 years old enough Ана tablets Analgin and ⅓ tablets No-Shpy.
No-Shpa during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Drotaverinum It has a relaxing effect on all smooth muscle structures of the body, while provoking the expansion of blood vessels and helping to increase blood flow to various organs.
During of pregnancy the tool is used mainly in the tone of the uterus in the early stages. Before childbirth it is not prescribed, this is due to the fact that the reception of No-Shpy before childbirth will contribute to relaxation and dilation of the cervix.
Taking the drug during childbirth helps to normalize the contractile activity of the uterus muscles and reduce pain, reduces the risk of injury, and also reduces the period of labor. Despite this, in many European countries, the appointment of the No-Shpy during childbirth is considered a relic of the old school.
No-Spa is considered safe for pregnant women drug. Clinical experience with the use of the drug in pregnant women, as well as the results of animal reproductive studies, show thatdrotaverinIt has no embryotoxic or teratogenic effects.
However, during pregnancy, it is necessary to correlate the potential benefits for a woman with the possible risks for her unborn child.
Dosage No-Shpy during pregnancy
Pregnant women form of the drug and the daily dose is selected individually. With increased muscle tone of the uterus at an early stage of pregnancy, the recommended dose varies from 80 to 240 mg / day.
But-Shpa in ampoules is usually used to prepare for childbirth. Injections Drotaverineaccelerate the process of cervical dilatation. The drug is injected into the muscle in a dose of 40 mg. After a few hours, the injection is repeated if necessary.
Women who took the drug during pregnancy - reviews are proof of this - they assure that No-Shpa not only copes well with severe spasms in the first months of pregnancy, but also greatly facilitates the course of labor.
Reviews about No-Spe
Reviews of No-Spee are different: someone literally saves the drug (especially during pregnancy), while others consider it completely ineffective.
The main advantages of the drug are:
- high safety profile, which is confirmed by the results of a large number of clinical and post-marketing research,
- the ability to reliably prevent smooth muscle spasm and reduce its severity,
- the presence of 2 dosage forms
- no side effects that are characteristic of individual antispasmodicswith anticholinergic action,
- the ability to eliminate spasms of a different nature of origin (No-Shpa is effective for spasms caused by urological and gynecological diseases, gastrointestinal tract diseasesand an obstetric profile, the agent is a first-line drug when it comes to emergency care).
Another important feature of No-Shpy is that it does not mask the symptoms of “acute abdomen”.
How much is No-Shpa?
The price of No-Shpy in tablets 40 mg in Russian pharmacies - from 55 rubles (worth 6 pieces). Buy 24 tablets of 40 mg can be an average of 140 rubles, and 24 tablets of 80 mg - for 180-200 rubles. Price No-Shpy in ampoules - from 99 to 447 rubles. (depending on the number of ampoules in the package).
The price of No-Shpy in tablets in Ukraine is from 50 UAH (24 tablets 40 mg). Injections in Kharkov or Kiev can be bought for 245-260 UAH (25 ampoules 2 ml). Price No-Spa Forte - from 100 UAH.