Myoma is one of the most common diseases in the field of gynecology. Knots of various sizes can be detected even in young girls. For this reason, the issue of the selection of contraceptives for myoma is particularly relevant.
Contraceptives with fibroids, in addition to the key action - protection from unwanted pregnancy, can reduce the growth and the formation of nodes.
It has been confirmed that the constant use of hormonal contraceptives reduces the increase in the growth of fibroids, and in addition, to a certain extent stops the occurrence of others. In addition, against the background of fibroids, women can develop pathological disorders. Acceptance of contraception on a hormonal basis has a beneficial effect on these processes. And directly the constant intake of these drugs will contribute to the treatment of such conditions as:
- Anemia and bleeding. When using oral contraceptives reduces the size of the menstrual blood. Properly chosen hormones can even save a woman from surgical therapy.
- With myoma together with the nodes, one can often find endometrial hyperplasia, polyps and other similar diseases. Hormonal agents at the same time provide therapy for these conditions.
- The use of oral contraception (and other forms of protection - coils, patches and others) is beneficial for women with mastopathy, since these diseases are closely associated with hormone disorders.
- Pain during menstruation and the severity of premenstrual syndrome with well-chosen oral contraceptives are reduced.
- The use of OK in the premenopausal period can help the rapid transition to the normal course of menopause, which will contribute to the solution of many difficulties that characterize this period.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account that it is preferable for women with fibroids not to become pregnant, since the risk of disturbances during gestation is very likely. Hormonal agents provide the greatest possible protection when used correctly.
How to act
Myoma is a hormone-dependent disease. Even if at first it may seem that some pathologies are difficult to notice, with careful diagnosis they are revealed in the majority of situations.
It is believed that the primary or secondary node, even at an early degree of its own formation, expresses inadequate susceptibility to the influence of sex hormones, mainly to prolactin, gestagen and estrogen. The number of receptors to them changes in the tumor, which subsequently activates its increase. Nodes atypically react to estrogens, and an excessive number of them helps the tissues to grow and thicken the tumor. As a result, she is no longer able to regress, even with a normal hormonal background.
An excessive amount of estrogen leads to a shortage of gestagens, and this already contributes to the pathology of the cyclic production of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones by the pituitary gland. In addition, the importance of prolactin in the formation of fibroids is unclear.
It turns out that with the nodes in the uterus in a woman it is possible to find an increase in the production of LH and FSH and an impaired hormone balance in the genital area.
Using oral contraception, a woman introduces significant corrections in her own well-being. The key effect of contraceptives is through lowering the production of LH and FSH on the basis of feedback. This fact leads to inhibition of the growth of nodes, even to a certain reduction in their volumes.
It is believed that synthetic hormones, acting in conjunction with birth control pills, bind to receptors in the nodes of fibroids. By this they imitate estrogen and gestagen. However, this does not trigger the subsequent mechanism of increasing fibroids.
What are the best contraceptives for myoma
Hormonal contraception may be different in structure and form. The most famous are:
- Monophasic bicomponent (include estrogen and gestagen),
- Mini drank
- Progestin means.
Gonadotropic hormone agonists also provide a contraceptive effect, but are used for therapeutic purposes. This happens for the reason that they cannot be taken for a long time (more than six months) and because they have many secondary reactions.
If we take into account the form of drugs, then the most common are pills. However, there are also other types of hormonal-based contraception:
- The vaginal insertion ring (Novaring),
- Spiral (Mirena),
- Intramuscular injections.
What kind and form of the tool is suitable for each specific woman can only be a gynecologist, after the diagnosis.
With small nodes
In order to prevent the occurrence of the disease and when small nodes fit the typical means used to stop unwanted pregnancy. Select should be based on the design of the woman, the characteristic features of her puberty, hormonal levels. In addition, the use of mini-saws containing only progestin and with less contraindications to use is effective and safe.
With large nodes
When consuming hormonal contraception with a volume tumor, it is necessary to take into account that fibroid will not go away on its own. Only with the use of serious drugs (Buserelin and similar means) can the volumes of fibroids be slightly reduced with further surgical treatment. Simple contraception of a hormonal type will not bring essential result.
In addition, large structures in the uterus are capable of disrupting its cavity. This can cause an incorrect setting of the intrauterine device (including its hormonal form), its movement and lunge.
This fact is capable of delivering inconvenience to a woman (pain, even during sexual intercourse, excessive discharge of blood during menstruation), and even provoke a helix attack.
When combined with another pathology
Since the appearance of fibroids is closely associated with the production of sex hormones, together with this disease appear "sister". For this reason, the selection of contraception must be made subject to this condition. Key options are as follows:
For young girls
If we take into account the age, then up to 30-35 years, it is more correct to use products containing estrogen and gestagens in the form of tablets and rings for the vagina. In addition, in such a situation, and mini-saws. In this age period, the least restrictive measures exist for any drugs.
When approaching menopause, it is necessary to take into account that the number of somatic diseases in women, as well as gynecological disorders, is increasing. For this reason, it is more appropriate to use either non-hormonal methods of contraception, or prolonged forms. They will be able to help a woman gently approach menopause.
After removing nodes
Modern techniques allow women to remove nodes, while not removing the uterus itself. After such therapy, there may be a question of how to properly protect oneself and whether hormone therapy is allowed.
In fact, hormonal drugs should be preferred. They help eliminate the formation of new tumors. It is more correct to use tablets or injections with the content of the progestogen. However, mini-pills and even simple monocomponent tablets may come up. The selection must take into account age, illness and plans for pregnancy.
Is it possible to treat fibroids with hormonal contraceptives
The constant use of hormonal contraceptives can stop the occurrence of other nodes and to some extent reduce the growth of old nodes. However, completely free from the nodes of this method will not work. In what situations you can use hormonal contraception in order to obtain a therapeutic effect:
- With small nodes,
- In order to reduce blood volume during menstruation,
- If concomitant disorders are present (endometrial disorders, mastopathy, etc.),
- The stage of preparation for surgical removal of the tumor.
To the treatment of fibroids in women must be approached personally. Since this disorder develops under the influence of many conditions, and only 2/3 of the women's pathologies in the hormonal background are laboratory confirmed.
Contraceptive use rules for myoma
The dosage regimen in any particular case is set personally. The most correct reception table can be determined only by a specialist. What options can be:
- The traditional reception for 3 weeks with a break of a week (or during this period can take pills). According to this scheme, patches and vaginal rings are used.
- The use of hormonal agents exclusively in the second phase. As a rule, in the range of 14-28 days.
- For prolonged forms - injections are carried out every 21 days.
- The intrauterine device is placed for 5 years of continuous use.
Possible complications when taking oral contraceptives with myoma
Even with the right choice of drugs, there is a certain risk of the formation of complications, especially in women who are prone to hematopoietic diseases, nerve pathologies and others. For this reason, it is necessary to painstakingly take into account all the contraindications.
The most common complications are:
- Periodic appearance of spotting brown discharge. There may even be heavy bleeding. As a rule, similar phenomena can be traced during the body's addiction during the first 2-3 months.
- Headache, migraine. When they occur, it is necessary to cancel the funds. If a woman even has cases of migraine in the history of the disease, then this is a contraindication to the use of hormonal-based oral contraceptives.
- Thrombosis. In particular, this fact is subject to representatives of women with various diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Contraception on a hormonal basis increases blood viscosity. For this reason, they may be contraindicated in people who have or have problems with blood vessels, heart attacks, strokes, and so on.
- Lowering libido. Determined by changes in hormonal levels.
- Minor woman weight gain. Usually, no more than 3-5 kg.
- Biliary dyskinesia, especially against the background of disorders that a woman already has. It is expressed by nausea and vomiting.
Hormonal contraception with myoma can bring results, especially in girls. These funds are able to reduce the rate of increase in the tumor, stop the formation of new nodes and free a woman from such diseases in the gynecological field. However, the selection of funds should be taken seriously and should be done only with a doctor.
Opinion of doctors
Almost all experts agree that hormonal contraceptives can help with uterine myoma. However, they will not be completely cured.
Alexandra Ivanovna, gynecologist:
Many women ask me what contraceptives they should use if they have uterine fibroids. Selection should take place individually with each woman, since each has its own reactions and its own history of diseases. Hormonal contraception can even slightly reduce the volume of tumors with the right selection. But the whole disease can not be cured only by using OK. Moreover, a noticeable result will be only with myoma small size.
- You are worried about sudden abdominal pain.
- And the long and painful periods are already rather tired.
- And the recommended drugs for some reason are not effective in your case.
- In addition, constant weakness and ailments have already firmly entered your life.
- Now you are ready to take advantage of any opportunity.
What contraceptive pills to use for uterine myoma?
Oral contraceptives for uterine myoma should be taken only under the supervision of a physician. At present, progestin-only contraceptives containing levonorgestrel (Microlut) or monophasic combined contraceptive pills containing desogestrel (Novinet, Regulon, Marvelon, Mersilon) can be used to treat uterine fibroids. No other oral contraceptives for the treatment of uterine fibroids can be taken, since they can, on the contrary, provoke enhanced tumor growth.
I am 44g. A year ago, an ultrasound showed that I had uterine fibroids for 7 weeks. Please tell me what hormonal drug can be used for treatment. Thank you in advance.
For the treatment of uterine fibroids apply various methods and treatment regimens. Assign you the necessary course of treatment can only the attending physician, taking into account the characteristics of the course of the disease, the presence of indications and contraindications. As a rule, conservative treatment is based on such drugs as: gestagens, for example, Norkolut (the appointment is justified when uterine fibroids are combined with endometrial hyperplasia and adenomyosis), gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists (aH-RG), antiprogestins, for example, Mifepristone - a synthetic steroid, which possesses both anti-progesterone and anti-glucocorticoid activity. We recommend that you visit the attending gynecologist, who will prescribe you an adequate treatment.
Which of the preparations (Novinet, Regulon, Marvelon, Mersilon) are the safest for the body? Thank you in advance!
Each of these drugs has its own characteristics, indications and contraindications, while all of them are safe and can be used up to 5 years without interruption. You can only prescribe a particular drug to your gynecologist after a personal examination, a general assessment of your health, indications and contraindications.
Hello, Tell me please, I took Janine half a year, with myoma 27 mm, a couple of days ago I checked for an ultrasound and she became 38-27 mm, they told me that Jeanine is no longer an effective drug. What can you advise? I plan pregnancy is it possible with such a myoma? how to proceed?
Planning a pregnancy, unfortunately, you must first undergo treatment and achieve a stable lack of growth of fibroids. We recommend that you first take a blood test for sex hormones, after which you should personally consult with the gynecologist and endocrinologist, who, after the examination, will prescribe you an adequate treatment.
Contraceptive pills - which is better to take women and topical medications without side effects
Any modern girl must take care of health. Therefore, in the prevention of unplanned pregnancy, contraception plays a big role. Today, medicine offers a huge assortment of various means, and a woman has the right to decide for herself which contraceptive pills to choose for her body.
Contraceptive pills after 40 years
Many women who have reached the age of forty are interested in the question, the contraceptive pill - which is better to choose for protection and is it possible to choose such means by yourself? With the choice of drugs will help to determine only a qualified specialist, who, assessing the state of health, will be able to offer contraceptives for women over 40 years.
To prevent pregnancy, it is better to give preference to drugs that do not contain estrogen. This type of contraceptive is called mini-pill. Their advantage is the ability to prevent the development of endometrial hyperplasia in its infancy. Other non-hormonal contraceptives in the form of ointments and suppositories are prescribed to women whose sex life is not permanent. The main difference between these means and the previous type is that they should not be taken daily, but only before sexual intercourse.
The modern pharmaceutical market is represented by a huge amount of contraceptive drugs. As a rule, after 40 years, gynecologists try to prescribe oral contraceptives, since they prevent pregnancy 100%. In this case, the reception should be dosed, any deviations can cause unpleasant consequences. List of the best oral contraceptives after 40 years:
- Depo-Provera - the drug is sold as an injection.
- Jess - reduces puffiness.
- Marvelon - prevents pregnancy and improves the condition of the skin.
- Regulon is an effective contraceptive that normalizes the menstruation cycle.
- Silest - inhibits the activity of the egg.
Hormonal contraceptives after 40 years
After forty years, hormones are a real salvation for women. As a rule, women who have reached a mature age complain of deteriorating health and malfunction of various functions in the body. This is due to the onset of menopause. The following hormonal contraceptives after 40 years can come to the rescue:
- Trisequens Contains estrogen and progesterone, eliminates the painful symptoms of menopause.
- Femoston.Includes Estradiol, it is advised to use the drug to improve bone tone.
- Janine. Changes the condition of the uterine lining, affects the appearance of ovulation.
- Novinet. Normalizes the menstrual cycle, reduces blood loss.
- Silest. Suppresses ovulation.
Microdosing Contraceptive Pills
For birthless young women who are having a regular sexual life, microdosing birth control pills are best suited. Preparations of this group do not have side effects and are easily tolerated by the body. Excellent for those who have never used hormonal contraceptives. A list of the most popular microdose pills:
- Klyrah As close as possible to the hormonal natural background of a woman.
- Jess Plus. It has a cosmetic (antiandrogenic) effect.
- Zoeli Monophasic drug that contains hormones similar to natural.
- Lindinet-20. Reduces the appearance of ectopic pregnancies.
- Dimia Changes the endometrium and increases the viscosity of the secret, which is located in the cervix.
The best birth control pills for giving birth - rating
Women who have already learned the happiness of motherhood are best suited to low-dose medications, which, although containing estrogenic components, are safe to use. Unplanned bleeding may occur during menstruation from micro and high-dosage means in mature women. The list of the best contraceptive pills for giving birth:
- Siluet. Inhibits ovulation, eliminates acne.
- Midian. The action of the contraceptive is aimed at reducing the likelihood of ovulation.
- Miliziston. Treats dysmenorrhea, eliminates the functional disorder of the menstrual cycle.
- Silest. Changes the endometrial implantation ability.
- Marvelon. Prevents the maturation of the egg.
The best contraceptive pills without side effects
Many girls refuse to use birth control pills because of hormone levels. But modern pharmaceutical companies have created the latest drugs, in which the content of synthetic hormones is minimized. This helps to reliably protect women from pregnancy and does not harm the body. At the same time reducing the dose of hormones does not reduce the effectiveness of the drug. The list of the best contraceptive pills without side effects:
- Yarin. Prevents the appearance of edema and weight gain, cures acne.
- Janine. Reduces bleeding intensity.
- Regulon. Resolves ovarian cysts, treats uterine bleeding dysfunction.
- Logest. Warns the development of many gynecological diseases.
Good contraceptive pills non-hormonal
Non-hormonal drugs are not taken orally, but are inserted into the vagina. The mechanism of action of such contraceptives lies in the high content of active substances: nonoxynol or benzalkonium chloride. These compounds, damaging the sperm membrane, destroy them, which leads to the destruction of tadpoles. List of good non-hormonal birth control pills:
- Pharmatex. The activity of the drug lasts for three hours.
- Erotex. In addition to the contraceptive effect, it also has an antimicrobial effect.
- Gynecotex. The contraceptive effect lasts 4 hours.
- Benatex. The activity of the pill lasts for 3 hours.
- Patenteks Oval. It has a high contraceptive activity.
The essence of the hormonal contraceptive method is to suppress ovulation. For this purpose, synthetic analogues of female genital hormones are used. Hormonal contraception is represented by two types: oral pills and prolonged means. List of the most popular hormonal contraceptives:
- Regulon. The main advantage of using tablets is that the product does not add weight to a woman.
- Laktinet. Does not affect the blood lipid spectrum.
- Three regol. Reduces the likelihood of sperm entering the uterus.
- Femoden. Reduces the susceptibility of the endometrium to the binding of the blastocyst.
Combined Contraceptive Pills
To avoid unwanted pregnancy, you can use the new generation of birth control pills, which include synthetic substances in small therapeutic doses. Depending on the qualitative composition of the following classification of the combined funds:
- Monophasic (Silest, Belara, Logest, Demulen, Chloe, Mersilon, Regulon, Ovidon, Non-Ovlon). Contain gestagen and estrogen in a single dosage, painted in one color.
- Biphasic (Anteovin). Consist of two tablets, painted in different colors.
- Three-phase (Three-regol, Three-Merci, Triquilar, Trizeston). They contain three groups of tablets, are considered more adapted to the natural cycle of the woman.
Cheap Birth Control Pills - Names
Inexpensive contraceptive oral contraceptives contain only female hormones - gestagens and estrogens, antiandrogens are also included in expensive drugs - they have fewer side effects and a lower chance of getting fat. At the same time the price of such funds is more than 1000 rubles for 28 tablets. Good cheap birth control pills are:
What are useful OK in the treatment of fibroids
For contraceptives characterized by the presence of artificially synthesized hormones. They act almost the same as those produced by the female body.
Uterine fibroids are among the hormonally caused diseases. Regular intake of such contraceptives contributes to:
- slowing the growth and development of fibromatous nodes (sometimes reducing their size),
- cure some of the associated pathologies,
- increase libido,
- prevention of new formations,
- prevention of unwanted pregnancy (women with myoma are likely to develop pathology of gestation),
- easing menstrual bleeding and associated symptoms,
- the rapid onset of menopause (if the drug is used during menopause).
What OK is better to take with myoma
According to gynecologists, the following types of oral contraceptives are the most effective for this ailment:
- combined typebased on progesterone and estrogen,
- single phase tablets,
- non-combination drugs.
With fibromatous nodes, the selection of suitable medicines is carried out only by the attending physician based on the results of the examination. He also determines the regimen of the drug.
With small formations
For the treatment of small-sized intrauterine nodes or for the prevention of their appearance fit hormonal contraceptives of any type. Therefore, the selection of the drug is carried out based on the individual characteristics of the hormonal status and the constitution of the patient.
Usually the choice stops on the application. mini sawd ("minimal pills" of gentle action), since they include only microdoses of progestin and are characterized by the least number of contraindications.
If the myoma node is detected in a woman with a large size, then it is necessary to take into account that the volume tumors displace and deform the uterus, and it will not be possible to completely eliminate them with the help of contraceptives.
However, with proper selection of the drug, you can achieve a reduction in the value of fibroids, which will facilitate its subsequent surgical removal. But to achieve the desired effect, more effective means will be required than in the case of small nodes (for example, Buserelin and its analogues).
When combined with other diseases
Often, the presence of intrauterine lesions leads to the development of a number of comorbidities that also need to be considered when selecting contraceptives.
If, in case of myoma, the choice of contraceptive is carried out without taking into account associated diseases, it is unlikely that the treatment will be truly effective.
Women younger than 35 years old who have been diagnosed with intrauterine fibroids are prescribed estrogen-progestin tablets (combined) facilities, vaginal rings or contraceptives mini drank.
For ladies after 40
Starting at age 40, women are not recommended to use drugs that stimulate an increase in estrogen levels, since this can lead to a growth of the neoplasm. Instead, doctors prescribe a prolonged action or recommend to protect themselves, without using hormonal contraceptives.
After removal of fibroids
Upon completion of the liquidation of formations, it is necessary to direct all forces to prevent the formation of new nodes. Therefore, contraceptives used in the postoperative period should contribute as much as possible to this, as well as be appropriate for the woman’s age and her overall health.
It is recommended to take hormonal tablets or injections containing progestogen. However use bicomponent preparations or mini pile may also be appropriate.
Possible side effects after taking
Despite the individual approach to the treatment of each patient, it is impossible to guarantee the absence of complications and adverse events. Their occurrence is most likely if a woman has concomitant illnesses of the nervous, circulatory, or other body systems.
Frequent side effects observed when taking hormonal drugs are:
- breakthrough bleeding and spotting (usually observed at the stage of habituation)
- thromboembolism and thrombosis (to them the women with various cardiovascular pathologies are most located),
- lowering libido,
- biliary dyskinesia (accompanied by nausea, vomiting, etc.),
- weight gain about 3-5 kg.
The occurrence of migraine headaches has the status of an absolute indication for stopping the use of contraceptives.
Reviews of OK in myoma
The effectiveness of a particular type of therapeutic effect is most easily judged by the reviews of people in respect of whom it was used:
My small fibroid was revealed. However, the doctor said that treatment is still required, and prescribed the use of a mini-pill contraceptive. After some time, when re-examining, it turned out that the nodule had decreased so much that it became almost imperceptible.
Accept OK appointed by the gynecologist for the past three months. Last ultrasound showed that the formation was almost halved (from 2.6 cm to 1.4 cm). With well-being, everything is in order, but I plan to soon undergo an operation in order not to worry about it anymore.
In addition to fibroids, I had cervical erosion, so the doctor said to give up the IUD and go to receive OK. I do not know how much this will affect myoma, but my state of health after such a replacement has improved significantly.
The presence of myoma nodes is a danger to the health of a woman. The negative effects associated with the development of these neoplasms can be minimized with the help of hormonal contraception. However, it is not recommended to select a suitable drug yourself, since the choice must be made by the attending physician who will rely on the results of the examination and be able to take into account all relevant factors, including the presence of comorbidities, age and the general health of the patient.
Although contraceptive drugs are harmless, not all women should use them. The main contraindications for use are:
- progestin contraceptives are not prescribed for patients older than 40 years who have a history of the disease due to the fact that they contribute to an increase in the concentration of estrogen in the body,
- Contraceptives are not recommended for smokers and alcohol abusers,
- you can not take them in the presence of such a disease as diabetes,
- not prescribed for diseases of the heart and blood vessels, as well as inclinations to them,
- do not use drugs in the case of frequent occurrence of laryngitis and sore throat,
- funds are not assigned in the presence of excess body weight,
- not recommended for severe and frequent headaches, especially migraines,
- can not be taken with increased blood pressure and varicose veins,
- increased tendency to depression and frequent mood swings.
In case of a benign neoplasm on the walls of the uterus, these types of hormonal contraceptives can be used:
The most reliable and widely used means intended for contraception are hormonal pills. Pills are of several types and are intended for oral administration. In the presence of uterine fibroids allowed the use of combined monophasic pills, which include two hormones.
One component of these drugs is estrogen, and the second is progestogen. The effect of progestogen is very similar to the hormone produced by the ovaries - progesterone, which in turn promotes the active growth of nodes.
To halt the growth of a tumor that has arisen, it is necessary that a progestogen be associated with receptors instead of progesterone, which has a very similar structure but different effects.
The advantages of using oral contraceptives for myoma are:
- protection from unwanted pregnancy, as well as reducing the risk of progression of the disease,
- inhibition of tumor growth, the size of which is no more than half a centimeter,
- knot reduction, less than one centimeter,
- relief of pain that occurs before the onset of menstruation,
- reduction in the duration of menstruation and reduction in blood loss,
- relief of symptoms characteristic of fibroids.
The disadvantages of oral contraceptives are:
- positive effect on small fibroids,
- it is necessary to use these funds according to a specially developed scheme,
- have a significant list of contraindications and can cause various kinds of side effects; therefore, a qualified specialist should select the means for a woman,
- drugs are not compatible with other drugs.
All oral contraceptives are divided into two large groups, such as:
Drugs belonging to one group or another are distinguished by indications and contraindications. In addition, they have their own characteristics, effects on myoma, formed in the uterus.
Simple one-component drugs with the same principle of action and almost analogous composition are called progestin drugs. These medications are rarely used in the presence of fibroids.
Medicines belonging to this group have a milder effect on the woman's body. It is believed that their therapeutic effect is not high enough with respect to medicines belonging to the combined form. Progestin drugs are prescribed to patients whose age does not exceed 40 years. In addition, they contribute to increasing the concentration of estrogen in the blood.
All birth control pills with uterine myoma or the presence of other benign tumors should be taken according to a specially designed scheme. Compliance with the recommendations will help to significantly improve their effectiveness, and in the presence of fibroids has a positive effect on the entire body.
Doctors distinguish the following rules for taking contraceptive medications:
- medications are prescribed exclusively by a specialist
- to take them is necessary only in the case of having regular sex life,
- the application begins with the beginning or, conversely, with the end of menstruation,
- It is recommended to take pills at the same time
- for effectiveness, drugs are taken in courses that last three weeks, and between them there is a break of 7 days,
- a regimen for the treatment of fibroids is developed individually for each patient.
One should not expect a significant positive effect from the drugs on the tumor formation that has arisen. This effect can occur only in the case when the size of the fibroids were initially very small.
In the presence of fibroids, it is permissible to use intrauterine devices in the form of contraception. If the neoplasm is benign, the helix can be copper, or the levonorgester-releasing system of Miren can be used.
Contraception of copper coils is due to the fact that the copper metal contributes to the destruction of spermatozoa ingested, as a result of which impaired fertilization and subsequent implantation.
The feasibility of using such a helix is decided only by a doctor, since it is not used in the case of uterine deformity. The spiral is established after the doctor eliminates the possibility of an inflammatory process, otherwise it can provoke the growth of the tumor tumors that have arisen.
In the formation of fibroids as a contraceptive, you can also use the levonorgesterle-releasing system Miren. Она предотвращает не только наступление беременности, но и оказывает следующее воздействие, а именно:
- уменьшает длительность и объём менструальных кровотечений,
- in the period of its application there is no increase in myoma nodes,
- helps to reduce the risk of resumption of tumors in the event of rapid removal.
The huge benefits of using these intrauterine devices are:
- reliable protection from conception,
- it is put on for a long period of time, in some cases even up to 5 years, during this period the effectiveness of this tool does not decrease.
In addition to the positive sides, there are also negative ones, namely:
- after the establishment of the intrauterine device, a woman may experience pain in the lower abdomen,
- there is a risk of intrauterine pregnancy during the use of the IUD,
- the helix does not protect against diseases that are sexually transmitted, in addition, it is set so that the uterus is always in the ajar state, this phenomenon alleviates the risk of various kinds of infections.
Contraceptive with myoma
Most contraceptives include analogues of the female sex hormones progesterone and estrogen. It is also known that fibroids are hormone-dependent. It grows with elevated estrogen levels. However, a lot depends on the level of progesterone. If estrogen is elevated relative to progesterone, then fibroids increase.
On the other hand, modern combined contraceptives do not have this effect. They do not increase the level of estrogen in the blood. On the contrary, their correct (in accordance with the menstrual cycle) technique is able to normalize the hormonal balance. And, in addition, to restore the menstrual cycle, broken myoma. Moreover, some schemes of conservative treatment of such neoplasms involve taking combined oral contraceptives.
Types of myomas in the uterus
At the age of 40, they are able to protect against unwanted pregnancy and normalize the cycle. After the age of 40 years, they are able to facilitate the flow of menopause and the period before its occurrence. In any case, a properly selected contraceptive can positively affect the body with myoma.
At the age of 40, birth control pills for uterine myoma produce their main effect - protection against unwanted pregnancy. In addition, if they are properly selected, their reception can normalize the hormonal balance and stop the growth of fibroids. They also significantly affect the severity of symptoms.
Normalize the menstrual cycle, reduce the intensity of menstruation, bleeding. Sometimes even pain syndrome becomes less pronounced. It is for this reason that some types of contraceptives are used as therapy in the treatment of tumors in the uterus.
In women over 40, another positive effect is possible. In addition to preventing unwanted pregnancy and positive effects on fibroids, the tablets have the following effects:
- Reducing the risk of cancer,
- Increased bone density due to the normalization of hormonal balance,
- Reduced mood swings for the same reason
- Improving the general condition - the absence of heat, sweating,
- Increased sexual attraction
- Elimination of insomnia
- Reduced anxiety and improved mood.
It is important to remember that you need to select the drug very carefully. It is better if the doctor does it. After the age of 40 years, drugs that increase estrogen production are not desirable. After all, they can adversely affect myoma, accelerate its growth.
Contraceptive with uterine myoma (and also without it) must be taken according to certain rules. Their compliance will increase the effectiveness of drugs. And in the case of myoma, will allow the tool to have the maximum positive effect on the body.
- Funds must be administered individually by a doctor.
- You can take them only if you have regular sex life,
- Begin reception from the first or fifth day of menstruation,
- You need to take it at the same time
- The tool is accepted courses for three weeks, with breaks between them one week,
- If funds are accepted for the treatment of fibroids, the regimen should be developed individually.
Do not hope that the use of contraceptives will have a significant positive effect on the tumor. This can happen only if its dimensions were initially very small. In other cases, the method is ineffective.
Action of hormonal contraceptives
Contraceptive pills with uterine myoma provide effective protection and prevention of various diseases of the reproductive system. The drugs are based on special substances - analogues of female hormones. Myoma develops due to an overabundance of estrogen and hormonal failure. Properly selected drug and medication according to the prescribed scheme will stop the growth of the node.
Pharmacies offer a wide range of hormonal drugs that are effective for myoma. They differ in name, composition, dosage and result. Choosing the right one should be done only after consulting a gynecologist, who knows the nature of the disease, the degree of its neglect, the type of node, etc. Artificial hormones, entering the body, block their natural production, which allows stabilizing hormones. Doctors divide drugs that can affect the tumor into two large groups:
- Combined oral contraceptives for myoma or COC. They include estrogen and progestogen substitutes.
- Monophasic drugs. Their main distinguishing feature is that each tablet contains an equal amount of active substances and active ingredients.
In practice, KOCs, such as “Mikrolut”, “Novinet”, “Marvelon”, etc., are more often used. They have proven themselves well. Effective drug is "Silhouette".
This is a combined contraceptive with antiandrogenic effect. It is completely absorbed, and is easily excreted in the urine during the day. The main effect of tablets is the inhibition of ovulation and the change in the structure of the endometrium.
Retail prices for Silhouette pills range from 650 to 1600 rubles, depending on geolocation, and packaging of tablets. usually packed from 21 to 63 pieces.
A course of hormone therapy can reduce the manifestations and symptoms of the disease, such as uterine bleeding and pain. In combination with hormonal drugs, you can use folk recipes based on herbs, bee products, herbal ingredients. An integrated approach, diet, restriction of physical activity and aces staying in the sun are welcomed.
The effectiveness of birth control pills after 40 years
Often women are interested in whether it is possible to take birth control pills after 40 years? Doctors are unanimous in their opinion that the use of oral contraceptives is not only necessary but also useful, because it has an excellent therapeutic effect. They not only prevent the conception of a child, but also have a beneficial effect on overall well-being, the body as a whole becomes alert and healthier.
If contraceptives are used systematically after the age of forty years, it will allow to evaluate numerous advantages, namely:
- reducing the risk of cancer,
- anti-symptom action
- normalization of the menstrual cycle
- reduction of pain and PMS.
It is believed that a woman enters the period of menopause at the age of 45-50 years. This age indicator is purely individual. Often under the influence of bad habits, ecology or genetic predisposition, menopause occurs earlier. During this period, the monthly may be absent, but the ability to conceive is still preserved.
The use of contraceptives after 40 years eliminates the possibility of pregnancy, and also allows you to reduce the negative effects of menopause - hot flashes, bleeding, abdominal pain, etc.
Before the doctor prescribes oral contraceptives to a patient aged 40+, he needs to be examined, find out if the woman smokes, has any cardiovascular diseases, lives a regular sex life, or has a tumor. An important role is played by the state of immunity. If it is weakened, the absorption of drugs worsens, which reduces the effectiveness of drugs.
Women's opinions about contraceptives for myoma
On the effectiveness of contraceptive drugs for women diagnosed with uterine myoma better than any advertising will tell reviews of those who took them.
Irina, 39 years old
“A year ago, myoma was found in size 2.7 cm. It was diagnosed randomly during a routine inspection. The doctor decided to watch, but not immediately operate, for which I am very grateful. Hormone preparations were prescribed, a diet was developed. Contraceptives were also prescribed. The gynecologist said that Regulon with myoma is extremely effective, as I was convinced.
With the start of the drug, I felt an improvement in health. During menstruation, she stopped experiencing pain, became calmer. After a year and a half, the size of fibroids decreased to 1.5 cm. Based on this, I can conclude that the effectiveness of the treatment is 50% dependent on how competent and experienced your doctor is, and on the remaining 50% of the drugs used. ”
Ekaterina, 45 years old
“When myoma was discovered, the gynecologist prescribed Regulon as a contraceptive. The drug is effective, but what I liked the most is that it does not irritate the stomach, does not cause nausea, vomiting and other side effects. I drink the drug for a year. 100% satisfied with it. I advise everyone. ”
Zhenya, 33 years old
“The treatment of fibroids is a long and complicated process. Everything is very individual, and what suits everyone does not always help you specifically.
Before I felt better in health, I had to try more than one drug. Basically, the gynecologist prescribed COCs, but they did not help. Then I imputed the doctor, underwent a second examination, and I was prescribed Regulon. This is a monophasic drug, the effect of which I felt after two weeks of administration. I drink it systematically, but I am thinking about the operation. ”
"Took" Silhouette "as a contraceptive. It is very convenient that you need to drink pills at one time. The body gets used and it is almost impossible to forget about the medicine. I like the drug, because it really helps. For one and a half years of admission, there were no problems in the gynecological area. ”
Tatyana, 47 years old
“When I started menopause (43 years), the doctor immediately prescribed“ Silhouette ”. The drug helps to prevent the risk of developing tumors, reduces the appearance of menopause. I almost did not feel hot flashes and other unpleasant symptoms. I still drink "Silhouette", while I advise all friends to start using this drug during the climax. "
Kirill, 38 years old
“I am a doctor with many years of experience. On the effectiveness of the "Regulon" I can not speak firsthand. The drug is really well manifested as a contraceptive, and also allows you to influence the growth rate of myoma node. "
Marina, 41 years old
“I prescribe“ Regulon ”to women diagnosed with myoma, because I am confident in the effectiveness of the drug. I drink pills myself as a contraceptive, as well as a preventive measure. If you follow all medical recommendations and drink the drug according to the regimen, the reduction of fibroids is noticeable after 3-4 months. ”
What is COC and how do they work
Combined oral contraceptives are a modern, effective and relatively safe method of protection against unwanted pregnancy. Today KOC is recognized as the best way of protection for young women. The Pearl index of birth control pills is 0.1-0.9, and this is a very good indicator. Only sterilization is more effective, but unlike tubal ligation, COC is reversible contraception. At any time, a woman can cancel the drug and plan the conception of the child.
Combined oral contraceptives - one of the most effective and safe contraceptives.
The Pearl Index is an indicator of the effectiveness of a particular method of contraception (or the number of women out of 100 who become pregnant while using the selected drug). The lower the index, the more reliable the contraceptive.
All combined oral contraceptives contain two hormones: estrogen and progesterone. In almost all preparations, the same substance acts as estrogen - ethinyl estradiol (its synthetic analogue). The composition of the new tools includes natural estrogen, which brings these contraceptives to a completely different level.
The second essential element of any birth control pill - progesterone - may be different. Depending on the substance, the properties of oral contraceptives will vary. When choosing COC for women with uterine myoma, progesterone is of fundamental importance. Not all contraceptives are suitable for this pathology.
When treating uterine fibroids with combined oral contraceptives, progesterone plays an important role.
At the heart of the action of COC are three mechanisms:
- Suppression of ovulation due to inhibition of the production of gonadotropin-releasing factor, FSH and LH. At the same time, the follicle does not mature, the egg cell does not leave the ovary, fertilization becomes physically impossible,
- The thickening of the mucus of the cervical canal, which prevents sperm from entering the uterus,
- Suppression of endometrial activity is an emergency mechanism in case conception does occur. In this case, the embryo will not be able to implant in the uterine wall, and miscarriage will occur.
With proper and regular use of COCs, almost 100% of cases block ovulation, and there is no need for an emergency abortion.
Benefits of taking COCs
Why do gynecologists prescribe oral contraceptives for myoma? According to doctors, KOK allow you to get the optimal result with minimal risks for the patient. The benefits of contraceptives are known:
- Antiproliferative effect: prevent the proliferation of uterine tissue,
- Reliable contraception: protection from unwanted pregnancy for the entire period of therapy,
- The exclusion of abortion, which also benefits the patient. It is known that abortion is one of the risk factors for uterine fibroids,
- Good tolerability (when using modern drugs and their proper selection). This moment also causes that women usually drink COCs according to the regimen recommended by the doctor, and less often refuse treatment (compared to other hormonal drugs used in the treatment of fibroids),
- Ease of use: just drink one pill per day,
- Relative safety: compared with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists and other means for treating fibroids, COC is less likely to cause unwanted side effects.
Experts prescribe COCs in the treatment of benign tumors, including in order to exclude the onset of unwanted pregnancy during therapy.
Contraceptive pills are not perfect, otherwise gynecologists would no doubt appoint them to all their patients. Oral contraceptives have some disadvantages:
- The need for daily intake of the drug is strictly at the same time,
- The probability of developing individual intolerance,
- The adaptation period is the first three months of administration, during which the majority of women report nausea, breast tenderness, decreased libido, etc.,
- The risk of side effects and even serious complications
- The ban on smoking (especially for women after 35 years).
Opinion gynecologists in relation to COC is unambiguous: with myoma, these drugs can be prescribed only for certain indications and after a full examination of the patient. Self-administration of hormonal drugs threatens serious health problems, including from the reproductive system.
Indications for the use of hormonal drugs for myoma
Appointment of birth control pills is justified in such situations:
- Site dimensions up to 2-2.5 cm
- The absence of complications: necrosis of the tumor, torsion of the leg and other conditions requiring surgical treatment,
- Age of women under 35 years old.
When prescribing hormonal drugs for the treatment of uterine fibroids, the age of the patient is necessarily taken into account. The positive effect is seen in young women under 35 years old.
When using COC, several important aspects should be considered. There is an opinion that it is possible to treat myoma with contraceptive pills with a node size of up to 1.5 cm, because it is at this stage that the tumor still responds well to hormone therapy. That's just according to recent studies, uterine fibroids up to 2 cm in diameter, in principle, does not require special treatment. Such a node usually does not bother a woman, is not accompanied by clinical manifestations, and often decreases in size after delivery.
The question of the appointment of COCs or other hormonal agents is decided individually for each woman. The size of the node is important, but it is not the only criterion that determines the choice of a particular treatment regimen.
Применение оральных контрацептивов не оправдано при диаметре фибромиомы от 2,5 см. На этом этапе опухоль не всегда поддается гормональной терапии, и для ее лечения используются более серьезные препараты.
КОК – это обычно препараты первой линии. Birth control pills are often prescribed to women younger than 35 years old as the first means of treatment. At the age of 35-40 years, oral contraceptives are used with caution and only after a thorough examination. In the late reproductive period, the likelihood of complications develops against the background of the existing chronic pathology. Many diseases can be a contraindication for the use of COC in women older than 40 years.
As a rule, combined oral oral contraceptives are not prescribed to women after 40 years of age with uterine cancer due to possible complications due to chronic pathologies.
There are several options for the use of COC for fibroids:
- As the only method of drug treatment. Justified with newly discovered myoma sizes up to 2.5 cm and minimal clinical manifestations,
- After 6 months of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist therapy. When using potent drugs fibroids is reduced in size, the woman's well-being improves. Oral contraceptives help to keep the tumor in a stable condition,
- After childbirth and completion of lactation. In this case, COCs serve not only as a means for the treatment of fibroids, but also allow you to avoid unplanned conception of the child (the recommended interval between pregnancies is at least 2 years)
- After surgical treatment of fibroids to stabilize the growth of the node and prevent relapse.
Birth control pills are prescribed according to one of the schemes:
- 21 + 7 - taking the drug for 21 days, after which a 7-day break is taken,
- 24 + 4 - for COC containing 28 pills per pack. The woman does not take a break in taking the drug. Menstruation comes when taking a placebo pill (last 4 pieces in a pack),
- 63 + 7 - continuous reception of COC for three months, then a break for 7 days.
During a 7-day break, a woman should undergo menstrual bleeding. It usually starts 2-3 days after the cancellation of the COC and lasts up to 3-5 days. The tablet from the new package should be drunk strictly on the 8th day, even if your period is not over.
When using KOC under the prolonged pattern, the appearance of intermenstrual bleeding is possible. If this situation repeats, you should switch to the standard 21 + 7 reception regimen.
The absence of menstrual-like discharge at a seven-day break may indicate pregnancy. It is necessary to make a test or donate blood for hCG, and then consult a doctor.
In the absence of menstruation during a break in taking COCs, a blood test for human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) should be performed to confirm or deny the onset of pregnancy.
In the first three months, the woman's body adapts to the new drug. During this period, the occurrence of such unpleasant symptoms:
- Breast engorgement,
- Decreased sexual desire
- Mood swings.
Within 2-3 months, all these manifestations should go away, and the woman's body should adapt to the hormonal drug. If undesirable symptoms persist, it is worth thinking about changing the contraceptive.
Throughout the course of COCS, the following side effects may occur:
- Depression and depressed mood
- Nausea and vomiting,
- Breast pain
- High blood pressure
- Contact lenses intolerance,
- Deterioration of varicose veins,
- Intermenstrual bleeding,
- Thrombosis and thromboembolism.
If any unwanted symptoms appear, consult a doctor. With the development of serious complications (especially thrombosis), you must immediately stop taking the drug.
Headaches can be a side effect of taking COCs. If after 3 months of taking the drug, when the body adapts to it, the pain does not go away, you should consult a doctor to select another means.
Overview of contraceptive drugs used to treat uterine fibroids
The list of popular drugs used in the treatment of this pathology includes the following medicines:
What birth control pills is better to take with myoma? Gynecologists prescribe mainly drugs with strong progesterone - levonorgestrel, gestodena or desogestrel. It is these drugs that inhibit the proliferation of uterine tissue and thereby inhibit the growth of myoma host. Weak progestogens with this function do not cope, so their use is not justified.
The photo shows one of the most used combined oral contraceptives in the treatment of uterine fibroids.
In recent years, the appointment of other progestogens with antiandrogenic activity has been considered promising. This is primarily a dienogest, as well as a new generation progestogen - drospirenone. The latter has anti-mineralcorticoid activity, which explains its good tolerability and makes it the drug of choice for women who fear rapid weight gain while taking COCs.
A detailed description of contraceptives used to treat uterine fibroids is presented in the table:
With small nodes
With the preventive purpose and with small nodes suitable conventional drugs that are used to prevent pregnancy. It is necessary to choose taking into account the constitution of the girl, the characteristics of her sexual development and the hormonal status. It is also effective and safe to use mini-pills that contain only gestagens and have fewer contraindications to receive.
When combined with another pathology
Since the occurrence of uterine fibroids is closely related to the production of sex hormones, along with this disease, there are "sister". Therefore, the choice of contraceptives should be based on this fact. The main situations are as follows:
For the same reason, it is better to abandon the vaginal ring. In this case, preference should be given to tablet forms and patches, if necessary, injection.
After 40 years
As menopause approaches, it should be borne in mind that the number of somatic diseases among women and gynecological pathology increases. Therefore, it is preferable to use either non-hormonal methods of protection or prolonged forms. They will be able to help the woman to more gently approach the climax.
After removing nodes
Modern technology allows women to remove myoma nodes and preserve the uterus. After such treatment, the question also arises how to properly protect themselves and whether hormonal preparations are possible.
Indeed, the latter should be preferred. They will help to avoid the formation of new nodes. It is best to use tablets or injectable progestin drugs, but mini-pills are suitable, and even conventional two-component birth control pills. When choosing, one should take into account the age, whether pregnancy, other diseases, etc.
Action COC: regulon, silhouette, Janine with uterine myoma, reviews
In order to understand the work of hormonal contraceptives, one should understand what they are and the mechanism of their action.
Hormones are biologically active substances that are produced by our endocrine glands: the thyroid gland, the adrenal glands, etc. The spectrum of their actions is diverse. They are involved in the main exchange, growth of the body, are responsible for the behavior and support the function of other organs. But we are interested only in hormones of the genital glands: estrogen and progestogen (progesterone). These two groups of hormones are actively involved in the regulation of the monthly cycle.
The principle of action of all hormonal contraceptives is basically the same:
- Suppress ovulation,
- Prevent the egg to gain a foothold in the endometrium of the uterus.
The daily application of COC (janin, regulon, silhouette) introduces the woman’s ovaries into a so-called “artificially induced” drug sleep, with the result that the sex glands do not ovulate each new cycle.
The use of drugs such as Janine, with uterine myoma, or with regula- nous with uterine myoma, helps to reduce the intensity of bleeding during the cycle, reduces the duration of menstruation to one or two days. The pains that you feel during menstruation will not be as pronounced, the cycle will normalize and become regular. In addition, taking combined oral contraceptives reduces the risk of developing ovarian and endometrial cancers. They can prevent some causes of infertility, thereby contributing to the onset of pregnancy.
Remember that you cannot take hormones yourself, as any uncontrolled use of hormonal drugs can lead to the progression of tumor growth, or disrupt the function of other endocrine glands. Our expert advice guarantees first-class and timely advice on any issues. To do this, you just need to make an appointment, and all your questions on hormonal contraceptives, alternative methods of surgical treatment, you will get answers.
Treatment of fibroids with birth control pills must necessarily be carried out under the close supervision of a physician. The dosage and frequency of the drug is selected for each patient individually, and overdose can adversely affect health.
To take such tablets for the treatment of uterine fibroids should be as follows:
- taking the medicine must be started from the first day of menstruation,
- taking birth control pills for the treatment of fibroids should be strictly within the prescribed dosage of the doctor,
- you should not interrupt the course of therapy, otherwise you can cause a re-outbreak of the disease,
- It is advisable to take the prescribed medication at the same time.
Sometimes when taking birth control pills for treating uterine fibroids, you can notice bloody discharge from the vagina. A shift in the menstrual cycle may also occur. This is not a reason for panic, but the gynecologist who monitors the dynamics of the treatment of uterine fibroids with the help of contraceptives must be aware of such changes.
Combined oral contraceptives for myoma
Combined oral contraceptives (COCs) are drugs that contain two components: gestagens and estrogen. According to the mechanism of action, they are close to the sex hormones of the female reproductive system.
KOCs have several mechanisms of action:
- Suppress ovulation,
- Reduces sperm motility
- They alter the chemical and biological properties of the endometrium, thus making it impossible for the egg to attach to the mucosa,
- Affect the microflora in the vagina (thickening mucus in the cervix), preventing further movement of sperm.
This class of drugs is the most effective method of preventing unwanted pregnancy. Combined oral contraceptives are divided, according to the ratio of estrogen and gestagen, into three types:
- Monophasic: 21 tablets containing an equal ratio of estrogen and progestin,
- Biphasic: 21 tablets containing two different combinations of estrogen and progestin,
- Three-phase: 21 tablets, vary in color, contain three different combinations of estrogen and progestin.
Three-phase COCs are the most optimal, but this is not the “gold standard” of treatment. For each woman, an individual approach is needed in the treatment and selection of a hormonal drug. Our gynecologists prescribe hormone therapy only in the presence of fibroids of small size - up to two centimeters. Remember that COCI is only a prophylaxis; for the complete elimination of the pathological process, our expert advice recommends embolization of the uterine arteries. Around the clock, you can ask us any question you are interested in and get advice by e-mail from the best specialists of our clinic.
How to use hormonal drugs for myoma
The drug must be taken every day, at about the same time of day, for 21 or 28 days, depending on the drug: mono-, two- or three-phase.
During the week after 21 days, the so-called "menstrual reaction" occurs. Ease of use makes the fact that each tablet on the plate corresponds to a calendar day.
If the plate contains 21 pills, then the drug should be taken from the first day of menstruation, and after the end - to take a week break. During this period, use other types of contraception is not necessary. If you are prescribed a drug containing 28 pills in their packaging, then it is taken continuously. Before taking you should consult with a gynecologist. A huge amount of information you can get on our website or make an appointment.
What are the complications in the treatment of hormones fibroids
Gynecologists of our clinic are reluctant to prescribe hormonal drugs for the medical treatment of uterine fibroids. Despite the almost “perfect” method of contraception, combined oral contraceptives have a huge list of complications:
- Weight gain
- Decreased libido,
- Intermenstrual bleeding,
- Development of thrombosis,
- Soreness and sensitivity of the mammary glands.
Many doctors disagree that contraceptive drugs are a panacea for treating uterine fibroids. Modern clinics for the treatment of fibroids offer an alternative option - uterine artery embolization. After this procedure, which lasts 40-50 minutes, the myoma node gradually decreases in size and atrophies due to the blockage of the vessel with the embolus. The effectiveness of the operation you will feel after two or three menstrual cycles. As the site atrophy and decrease in size, the symptoms also regress: menstruation becomes less abundant, intermenstrual bleeding gradually disappears, pulling, dull pain, the function of other pelvic organs normalizes.
In the Russian Federation, this technique is practiced only in private clinics, since state hospitals do not have sufficiently qualified medical personnel and the supply of expert-grade medical equipment. Hormonal drugs do not give such a significant effect as EMA. The leading expert in EMA, endovascular surgeon Bobrov B.Yu., for many years of his practice, perfected this procedure. Every day he helps women throughout the country live a full life!
What birth control pills are better for taking with myoma
Gynecologists advise for the treatment of uterine fibroids to use:
- estrogen-progestogen combination contraceptive drugs
- single phase tablet preparations
- noncombined products.
Contraceptive drug and treatment regimen is selected individually by the attending physician.
For women after 40 years
After overcoming the 40-year mark, it is advisable not to use agents that contribute to enhanced estrogen production, since they can increase the size of fibroids. After 40 years, doctors give preference to prolonged forms of drugs, if not hormonal methods of protection from pregnancy.
Contraceptive pills after 40 years reduce the risk of cancer and suppress the negative symptoms of menopause.
Possible side effects and complications after taking
An individual approach to the choice of contraceptives for myoma does not give an absolute guarantee of the absence of side effects. The most disposed to the occurrence of complications are women with concomitant diseases:
- circulatory system
- nervous and other.
- Most often, side effects appear as:
- breakthrough bleeding,
- decreased libido
- weight gain.
The appearance of headaches or migraines is an absolute indication for discontinuation of the drug.
The effectiveness of drugs in the treatment of fibroids
Contraceptives are prescribed only if the fibroids are small. In this case, with their help, you can achieve:
- reduce the intensity of intermenstrual bleeding or their complete cessation,
- normalization of the menstrual cycle
- stabilization of psycho-emotional state,
- normalization of hormonal levels.
The effectiveness of contraceptive drugs in the treatment of uterine fibroids is confirmed not only by doctors - the positive dynamics noted by the patients themselves. But hormone therapy in myomatosis does not give lightning results, so it will have to continue for several months (usually for six months).
Contraceptive with myomatosis after 40 years
Are birth control pills effective for uterine myoma after age 40? This group of drugs is often prescribed by a woman on the threshold of menopause in order to prevent further growth of the myoma node.
In patients after 40, the production of their own sex hormones is reduced, which often leads to a regression of the pathological process. But it also happens that fibroids, on the contrary, begin to grow actively, and to stop its growth, the birth control pills are prescribed by a gynecologist.
But, in addition to stopping the progression of pathology, such tools for women after 40 can be taken for:
- eliminate climacteric manifestations (in particular, tides),
- restoring the balance of sex hormones
- establishment of reproductive function, etc.
Birth control pills for uterine myoma in women after 40 can be taken only if a strong immune system.
Against the background of a weakened immune system, the absorption of drugs is significantly reduced.Consequently, this adversely affects their effectiveness in the treatment of myomatosis.
The most effective drugs
To treat uterine myoma, you can use the following contraceptive drugs:
To treat myoma can only be the drug, which was appointed gynecologist. In no case can not independently seek replacement contraceptives - this can lead to serious side effects.
The fact is that the selection of a specific drug is carried out taking into account the size and type of the pathological node, as well as the presence of concomitant diseases (for example, endometriosis). In addition, not all women can be treated with fibroids with the help of a particular remedy - sometimes doctors have to choose analogues of birth control pills that are little known to patients with myomatosis.
Contraceptive with endometriosis
With this group of drugs, not only myoma, but also endometriosis can be treated. This is a disease that can occur in both young girls and women after 40. Often, treatment of endometriosis is carried out using progesterone-containing agents:
- Zoladex and others
Hormonal PZT is recommended to be taken for endometriosis in women younger than 35 years old. But it is not uncommon cases of the appointment of such funds to patients after 40.
These drugs will be effective only at the first and second stage of endometriosis development, when the tissues of the uterine mucous membrane do not grow beyond the limits of the genital organ, and do not form adhesions.
At this time, contraceptives stop the progression of the pathological process, eliminate pain, reduce the intensity of intermenstrual secretions.
Treatment of fibroids and endometriosis with hormonal contraceptives has a lot of positives. One of those is the lack of need for additional contraceptive use.
But if the patient is advised to avoid pregnancy at the initial stage of therapy, a condom should be used during intercourse. This is the only contraceptive that protects against unwanted pregnancy, as well as prevent infection with sexually transmitted diseases. And they can only aggravate the course of myomatosis or endometriosis!