Does the chest hurt during menopause? This question interests the woman in the period of the onset of menopause. Having crossed the line at 45, many people worry that chest pain may herald the early symptoms of a tumor. Is breast tenderness during menopause normal? How to cope with it, and is it worth to visit a doctor?
Chest pain - a frequent symptom of menopause
Why does chest pain occur during menopause?
During menopause, the female body is going through a difficult time. The hormone production slows down, the body is under stress and changes completely. How are changes expressed?
- In the period of menopause, the woman's health weakens, visiting the doctors becomes frequent. However, it is worth remembering that during these periods the depletion and malaise of the body is the norm.
- Painful symptoms of the nipples or mammary glands are also commonplace.
- Chest pain is similar to pain that occurred during menstruation. If the woman had no breast pain during the menstruation, then these symptoms will manifest themselves at random hours.
- In rare cases, the pain symptoms are very strong.
Pain and discomfort in the chest, otherwise can be called mastodin. It occurs when the hormones of a woman changes. When menopause, the reproductive function of hormones slowly fades away. That is why the mammary glands are prone to pain, because they are a hormone-dependent organ.
Mastodynia is characterized by severe pain in the chest.
How does chest pain manifest during menopause?
Not always during menopause severe pain in the chest, rather the opposite. However, every woman should be able to distinguish mastodynia from other diseases. How can chest pain in menopause?
- It may feel heavy in one or both breasts.
- There may be aching, burning, or burning pain.
- In rare cases, the pain syndrome can be acute (piercing or cutting).
- Breast may increase or swell.
- The chest becomes quite sensitive, with the slightest pressure, aching pain can be felt, even wearing a tight bra causes discomfort.
These symptoms may not always and not all. However, in most women, due to hormonal imbalance, pain in the mammary glands is a regular occurrence. These changes can disrupt the usual way of life. Brisk walking, active hand movements, physical exercise become an almost impossible mission. In addition, problems arise in the process of sexual intercourse.
Chest pain seriously affects the quality of life.
What pain is worth paying attention
Some pain in the area of the breast or nipple during menopause may be a sign of the disease. It is necessary to consult physicians with painful symptoms that have a clear location. They may indicate the development of cysts or tumors. What symptoms should alert a woman?
- If the skin color changes in the chest area.
- When changing the shape of one breast.
- With the deformation of the nipples and their colors. Any discharge from the ducts of the glands.
- With a breakdown and loss of appetite.
When these symptoms occur, you should consult a doctor mammologist. The specialist will conduct an examination for the presence of oncological diseases, prescribe an ultrasound scan and mammography.
Mammography will help determine the exact cause of chest pain.
Treatment of pain symptoms of the chest during menopause
Pain in the mammary glands during menopause is a natural phenomenon and does not require treatment. In some cases, when a woman has insomnia, pain medications are prescribed. Discomfort can be eliminated by following some simple rules:
- Perform chest massage or seek help from a specialist.
- Try as little as possible to use a bra. Buy high-quality underwear made of natural fabrics, which corresponds to the desired size.
- Do not neglect hygienic procedures.
- For severe pains, apply cold compresses, regularly take a warm, refreshing shower.
- Periodically use herbal decoctions of meadow clover, nettle and burdock root.
- To exclude from the menu spicy and spicy dishes, do not drink large amounts of liquid.
- Take a course of vitamin complex tools that are sold in each pharmacy and are specifically designed for women at the time of menopause.
- If the pain increases, you can escape with ibuprofen or diclofenac.
It is also worth noting that it is very important to maintain a diet, sleep and exercise. Diet is one of the important factors in stopping chest pain during menopause. Eat as much greens, bread, fish, fruits, and vegetables as you can.
Spicy foods can aggravate chest pains.
Do I have to go to the doctor for chest pains
With the onset of menopause, every woman should visit the doctor's mammologist, who will conduct a preventive examination. For any discomfort, you should seek help from a doctor. Such receptions are held once every six months.
A mammography will be performed at the clinic, an ultrasound of the mammary glands will be done, medications will be prescribed and a proper diet will be compiled. If the doctor doubts something, he will prescribe a biopsy to be performed in the appropriate laboratory.
If during the examination no pathologies were found, the specialist will prescribe medications that will relieve pain in the mammary gland.
Timely and systematic visits to a specialist can save a woman from a number of pathologies, including cancer. During menopause, many women are prone to cancer. Therefore, you should not treat the pain in the mammary glands during menopause - not serious! In case of any uncomfortable condition, consult a specialist.
Despite the fact that medical institutions and most experts believe that breast pain is the norm, a woman should worry about her health and immediately consult a doctor at the first pathological symptoms!
Why does chest begin to ache during menopause?
Many people are accustomed to associate unpleasant sensations in the mammary glands with menopause with an unstable hormonal background, but not always the jumps of sex hormones cause chest pain during menopause. In this matter, not the last role is played by:
- Changes in fatty acids. The imbalance of these acids does not go unnoticed by the body, especially in the area of the mammary glands, where the adipose tissue is allocated a lot of space. As a result, there is mild aching pain.
- Diseases of other body systems. These include osteochondrosis and heart problems, which during menopause begin to develop more strongly, causing pain.
- Stressful situations. Breast glands may suffer under the influence of unstable psycho-emotional background. Negative mood, irritability and tearfulness - all this creates an unfavorable background against which breast pain often appears.
- Previously suffered injuries. A woman could get them for a very long time, but they began to manifest themselves at the time of weakening of the body.
- Medications. Climacteric ailments require treatment, which pushes women to receive a variety of means. But with constant use, they strongly influence chemical reactions.
- Bad habits. This factor is associated with other discomfort during menopause. Alcohol and cigarettes adversely affect adipose tissue, destabilize blood circulation and interfere with normal metabolic processes, including the chest area.
- Conception in premenopause. If menopause has just begun, then breast swelling and nipple pain may be associated with pregnancy, because during this period, the female reproductive system still retains a small chance of conception. When pregnancy can be observed and discharge from the mammary glands.
- Lack of progestins. Discomfort in the nipple area can be caused by a natural drop in the level of progestins in the blood.
- Mastopathy with menopause. This disease occurs when a woman takes hormone drugs incorrectly. Because it is not caused by estrogen deficiency, but by their high blood levels.
- Cancer neoplasms. Breast during menopause sometimes suffers from cancer, so all doctors advise annually to undergo examination and tests.
What can be painful sensations?
Do not immediately take hormones or indinol. First you need to learn to distinguish between different manifestations of pain, which can be associated with both hormonal imbalance and inflammatory processes or neoplastic diseases.
When menopause pain in the area of the mammary glands often do not have a bright characteristic color, that women begin to think, and if the chest or just the chest hurts.
In this case, pain appears in the form of:
- feelings of heaviness that does not have a specific zone,
- long aching and burning sensations,
- short tingling and cutting sensations,
- unusual nipple sensitivity,
- swelling or breast augmentation.
- discomfort while driving.
Similar symptoms are tolerated differently by patients. If some women have temporary pains, then others suffer from them at the slightest movement. There may also be a retracted nipple, but here you need to consult a doctor, because such contractions may indicate pathology.
Can the mammary glands increase during menopause?
Despite the fact that the growth of the mammary glands stops by 25 years, with menopause, this is also possible. The causes are associated with an increase in adipose tissue. Breast can not only swell, because some women say that during menopause they have veins or breast shape has deteriorated, despite a significant increase.
Doctors believe that this is normal for the initial stage of menopause, and only then swelling of the nipples and an increase in the mammary glands act as a signal for the examination.
What can indicate pain?
Breast pain during menopause can indicate both natural changes in the body, and negative factors and diseases.
Most often occurs when:
- using some drugs
- liver disease,
- alcohol abuse
- the presence of excess weight
- previously transferred stressful situations
- wearing the wrong / too little underwear,
Also, pains of glandular tissue rarely indicate the following diseases:
- breast cyst,
- benign tumors
- various injuries
- previous chest surgery,
It is worth paying attention to the skin. For example, if it is drawn into the chest area, then there may be a neoplasm under it. But to the touch it is not always possible to determine them, so an appropriate diagnosis will be needed. Also the nipple can retract.
Diagnostic methods and alarming symptoms
Women are advised to visit the breast specialist every year. The fact is that after 40 years the risk of new growth increases. In pathology, the following symptoms may occur:
- clearly localized pain
- the presence of skin in a specific area,
- deformation of one gland
- change in the appearance of the skin (redness, darkening, wrinkling),
- discharge from the nipples,
- chills and sharp fever.
There are also symptoms for urgently calling an ambulance:
- squeezing or arching pains of the mammary glands,
- labored breathing,
- impaired motor abilities.
In such cases, do not rely on their strength, taking indinol or other drugs. At the hospital, the doctor will be able to accurately determine the causes of these symptoms with:
- x-ray of the breast,
Use of painkillers
There are certain rules for the use of painkillers:
- Such drugs must be taken in a specific dose (must be determined by the doctor).
- Strictly observe the reception mode.
- Do not change the dose or regimen without the knowledge of the doctor.
- For any side effects, stop taking and consult your doctor.
Among the popular painkillers are:
But do not abuse drugs, it is not clear why the breasts hurt.
To reduce the negative stress effect on the chest take:
- Alvogen Relax
- Peony extract,
- Landyshev-willow drops,
- Motherwort Extract
- Valerian extract.
These tools are useful because they also help to deal with other symptoms of menopause, and not only if the nipples during menopause or mammary glands hurt.
Preventing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
Indinol acts as a prophylactic drug. It is effective in preventing fibrocystic mastopathy, and is also used to correct the functional state of the mammary glands. Indinol is available in capsules. Its main component is an extract of cruciferous plants.
Indinol is not a medicinal product, but before using it, consultation with your doctor will not hurt to find out the causes of pain.
As for lifestyle changes, you need:
- daily walk in the fresh air
- buy a supporting bra,
- resort to yoga, breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques,
- during periods of exacerbation of pain immediately consult a doctor,
- improve the diet by eliminating fatty foods
- consume more fiber
- do not disregard other climacteric disorders,
- use less salt, because it retains fluid in the tissues (due to the problems of water-salt balance, breasts can fill up),
- take vitamin complexes
- completely give up alcohol and cigarettes,
- Do not self-medicate if your chest starts to hurt.
Asking whether breasts can hurt for natural reasons, you need to pay attention to your health. Any illnesses during menopause must be discussed with your doctor. The body during this period loses its protective functions, and on a weakened background, various pathologies can arise. If it hurts in the sternum or another area of the body during menopause, the first thing is to undergo a diagnosis and tests. After all, all diseases are easier to cure in the early stages of development.
Does the chest hurt during menopause?
Women who do not know whether the chest hurts during menopause worry when faced with various problems and pains in the chest area. In fact, chest pain during menopause, as in the fertile period, is a often diagnosable symptom. In fertile women, painful sensations of varying intensity are noted monthly before menstruation, and in elderly patients, the breast glands ache non-cyclically.
The appearance of painful symptoms is observed during menopause in the period of premenopause and menopause. The pain is usually non-localized, spreading through the tissues. It can then flow, then weaken. A woman feels a burning or tingling sensation. In many patients, discomfort occurs only in the nipples. Spreading pain is usually not dangerous, but pain localized in a small part of the tissue can signal oncology.
In 70% of patients, discomfort in the breast tissue is observed throughout life. But for most women, breast pain is mild, and only 10% of patients complain about the intensity of the pain syndrome. In some cases, the symptoms are so strong that it interferes with the maintenance of a full life.
Changes in the mammary glands during menopause
A healthy breast has three types of tissue:
- glandular, representing lobular formations, secreting a secret,
- fibrous, which is the supporting base of the glands,
- fatty, shaping the shape of the chest.
With the advent of menopause, when a hormonal imbalance occurs, the transformation of glandular cells into fatty and fibrous cells takes place. Such a transformation can cause pain in the breast. This painful condition, though pathological, is not dangerous.
However, during menopause, it is important to monitor the state of the mammary glands. A woman may think that the discomfort is caused by an age-related hormonal rearrangement, but in fact she develops a benign or malignant neoplastic disease.
Causes of chest pain
If breast pain on the eve of menstruation is caused by cyclic hormonal changes, then the pain in the mammary glands during menopause is due to the influence of the following factors:
- age transformations in glandular structures,
- fibrotic or cystic breast mastopathy,
- fibroma, lipoma or another benign tumor,
- breast cancer,
- chest injuries
- severe stress,
- ischemia, angina pectoris and other cardiac pathologies,
- chronic disruption of the pulmonary system,
- diseases of the liver, urinary and other internal organs,
- metabolic disorders, obesity,
- bad habits
- long-term use of certain medications.
Usually, during menopause, the mammary glands do not hurt because of hormonal fluctuations, but because of the age-related deformation of the breast tissue or the disruption of the vascular system, accompanied by pressure instability and an abundant rush of blood to the chest.
Breast with menopause can not only hurt, but also:
- swell like before menstruation
- to itch
- knot over
- discharge liquid from the nipples.
When the above phenomena need to urgently go to the mammologist, the doctor promptly identified a dangerous disease, if it developed.
If the chest with menopause hurts on the left, then heart disease or an increase in blood pressure can be assumed. In this case, you need to go to a cardiologist. Patients with chronic pulmonary disease should be examined by a pulmonologist. For obesity, refer to the endocrinologist. And if the pains have developed against the background of diseases of the kidneys, liver and other internal organs, then the help of a hepatologist, nephrologist and other narrow specialists is required.
Breast augmentation during menopause
From the age of 25, the mammary glands are fully formed, and during the fertile period, breast enlargement without an increase in body weight is considered a dangerous phenomenon.
But during menopause, there is nothing terrible in the filling breasts, the glands may swell due to the formation of adipose tissue instead of glandular tissue, and the breast swells as a result of an age-related increase in body weight. With an age-related hormonal failure, a woman can gain 5 kg or more in weight, become the owner of a large breast, and it is very difficult to lose those extra pounds. The swelling of the mammary glands is noted mainly in premenopausal, then this symptom gradually disappears.
Minor swelling of the nipples is also considered normal. But the condition of the nipples should be monitored closely. Due to bloating of the nipple tissue, Pedzhet's cancer can develop - a fast-flowing cancer that requires urgent surgical intervention. Therefore, older women with any changes in the breast during menopause should be examined by a mammologist.
Discharge from the nipples during menopause
No discharge from the chest during menopause should not be, because the glandular cells that form the liquid secretion turn into fibrous and fatty cells. If a suspicious fluid flows out of the nipples, then an urgent need to go to the doctor. Most likely, the release of fluid is a consequence of galactorrhea - an unpleasant disease, manifested by spontaneous leakage of colostrum from the breast.
Fluid may leak from the teat:
- whitish (colostrum),
With galactorrhea, pain in the nipples is often noted, the breast swells, and some painful sensations also occur in its internal tissues. In this case, morbidity indicates that galactorrhea has become a provocateur of benign education or oncology.
Pain in the nipples during menopause
In the menopausal period, a woman should regularly conduct an independent breast examination in order not to miss the moment when a visit to the doctor is necessary. Especially carefully you should look at the condition of the nipples, since it is for them that the easiest way to identify developing pathology.
It is possible to speak about pathological changes if nipples periodically or continuously hurt during menopause, as well as:
Ignoring such symptoms is unacceptable. A woman should contact a mammologist. The doctor will determine exactly why the nipples hurt, prescribe an effective therapy.
Breast treatment for menopause
Women who have reached menopausal age need to undergo medical examinations three times a year. And if the patient has any pathology, the doctor prescribes preventive studies and tests every 3 months.
To prevent pathologies of the mammary glands should periodically visit the breast specialist. To identify the symptoms of mastitis and other breast diseases, the doctor sends the patient to an ultrasound of the chest area.
Medical examinations cannot be ignored. First, according to the patient's complaints, the doctor prescribes medicines that eliminate chest pain during menopause, alleviate menopausal syndrome. Secondly, timely medical examination reveals oncology and other serious diseases at an early stage, because of which, at the beginning of menopause, the chest may hurt, which simplifies further treatment.
Be sure to go to the doctor with suspected tumor disease, if:
- nipples swollen and changed color
- dense clumps are felt inside the chest,
- lost appetite.
To alleviate chest pain during menopause, the doctor prescribes the patient:
- analgesics of non-hormonal type - Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Voltaren,
- soothing herbal remedies
- homeopathy and dietary supplements based on phytohormones to improve well-being.
In some cases, it is necessary to prescribe anticancer drugs or hormone replacement drugs.
To successfully treat the chest in menopause, you should follow the following recommendations:
- lead an active and healthy life, take regular walks,
- wear high-quality underwear, well-supported chest,
- normalize the diet, add more fiber to it,
- eliminate bad habits, including addiction to coffee, because nicotine and caffeine can significantly worsen the health during menopause, and chest pain because of this increase,
- take sedative medicines and vitamin preparations on the recommendation of a doctor,
- do not overcool the chest,
- follow hygiene,
- use breathing exercises as an additional method of therapy.
Reception of medicines, dietary supplements and anesthetics should be carried out only after permission of the doctor. The use of medications at its discretion is unacceptable.
To relieve the pain of the mammary glands during menopause, various anesthetics are used. The supervising doctor should be aware of the admission of even a light painkiller. Antibiotic-based drugs should not be taken for a long time, as they may aggravate the condition of the body.
It is recommended to use the following dietary supplements for breast pain during menopause:
- tocopherol solution,
- pyridoxine solution
- omega fatty acids.
These supplements extinguish inflammation, reduce pain.
Still, if the chest hurts during menopause, you can use decoctions and teas based on medicinal plants:
If the patient’s condition is severe, the doctor may send the patient to the hospital for treatment.
Saying why the chest hurts during menopause, it should also be noted that the provocateur of the pathological phenomenon is the wrong lifestyle of a woman in fertile years. To reduce the likelihood of pathologies of the mammary glands in old age, in youth and in mature years, you need to:
- eat right, do not get involved in fatty and fried foods, sweets,
- give up alcoholic beverages and cigarettes,
- lead an active life, engage in feasible sports (the most useful for a woman is running, fitness, gymnastics, swimming).
A woman entering a climacteric period needs to start stabilizing the hormonal system. For this, herbal remedies with phytohormones and folk recipes will be suitable at the initial stages of menopause. Such therapy normalizes the physical and emotional state, prevents further development of the menopausal syndrome.
Why during menopause hurts chest
Climax of a woman conditionally has three phases, the time of occurrence of which depends on the hormonal status and heredity. Premenopause is characterized by a decrease in menstrual function, disruptions in the cycle and the appearance of unpleasant symptoms.
In the second period - menopause - the level of producing hormones decreases and the last menstruation passes.
In menopause, there is no menstrual flow for more than a year and there is no other climacteric symptomatology.
A woman’s breasts are most vulnerable to hormonal changes, so during her whole life she can be ill for completely different reasons:
- Onset of pregnancy
- Before menstruation
- Development of various pathologies and so on
During menopause, chest pains can be not only a consequence of changes in hormonal levels, but also an alarming clinical picture of some diseases.
Among the comorbidities that lead to pain in the breast, there are:
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system. With age, calcium absorption decreases due to a decrease in estrogen production, which contributes to the development of ischemia, osteochondrosis and inflammatory processes in cartilage and joints. The pain that accompanies these diseases may radiate to the breasts.
- Stress and emotional instability are frequent partners of menopause.
- Earlier injuries and surgeries can cause discomfort.
- The percentage reduction in fatty acids in the body leads to pain in the chest, as the amount of estrogen decreases and their production is carried out by the fat cells of the mammary gland.
- Pregnancy, which is not excluded in the period of perimenopause. The presence of active eggs is a normal phenomenon, even during a period of cyclical menstrual changes. Breast swelling, nipple sensitivity and nagging pain in the lower abdomen can be a sign of fertilization.
- Medications. Taking strong drugs provokes chemical reactions in the body, including those affecting the chest.
- The presence of bad habits. If a woman takes alcohol or smokes, the adipose tissue in the breast grows, which leads to discomfort and pain.
- Mastopathy. With a previously established diagnosis, all the symptoms are more pronounced in the climacteric phase. This process is associated with the production of estrogen.
- Benign and malignant tumors are one of the most dangerous causes of pain in the breast during menopause.
With timely treatment to a specialist, you can avoid many diseases of the chest. Any unpleasant symptoms, pain, discoloration of the skin of the breast, discharge from the nipples will be the reason for visiting the mammologist.
Nature of pain
The growth of adipose tissue and the replacement of glandular cells with it leads to the appearance of pain of a different nature.
It can be pulling, aching, stitching, localized in the right or left chest, and even depend on certain conditions (for example, food or nervous tension).
A painful symptom is characteristic of the initial period of menopause, when hormonal activity is unstable. After the onset of menopause, pain often disappears, but only if it is not associated with the development of pathology.
The mammary glands can ache during sleep or when walking, physical exertion. They can start at any time of the day and also suddenly pass.
A common symptom is pain in the nipples. Normally, they should not change structures, colors, and have no selections.
Breast tenderness can greatly affect the normal rhythm of a woman’s life: contribute to a lack of appetite and reduce physical activity.
What pain to pay attention
Much more dangerous is the locality of pain. If a woman is hurt in a certain part of the breast, and a slight thickening is felt, then we can assume the presence of diseases:
- Cystic formation
- Intraductal papilloma
- Fibrocystic mastopathy
A more dangerous cause of pain may be a cancer.
If you have the following symptoms, you should consult a doctor:
- Changing the symmetry of the breast.
- Deformation of the skin, as well as discoloration, manifestation of the venous network.
- Modification of the nipple, which may swell or, conversely, retract.
- The appearance of a lump in the chest, above which we can change the skin color.
- Discharge from the nipples of any nature (serous, bloody, purulent, and others).
- The duration of the painful manifestations.
You should not postpone the visit to the mammologist if at least one of the symptoms is present. Since any delay can cost life in the event of a cancer.
Methods for the differential diagnosis of pain
To exclude any pathology in case of chest pains, you should visit the mammologist's office. It is necessary to visit a doctor at least once every six months. Adequate and timely diagnosis is necessary for the early detection of dangerous diseases.
Palpation of the mammary glands should be carried out independently. Also, the doctor at the reception will thoroughly examine the shape, color and other changes in the breast. Examination of the blood components of the hormonal components will determine the cause of pain in the glands.
With the appearance of chest pains it is necessary to do breast ultrasound and mammography. These procedures detect tumors and seals, as well as recognize tissue changes.
In the presence of pathological growths, tissue biopsy is performed, followed by histology.
Treatment of chest pain during menopause
The female genital sphere is designed so that many changes in the body are caused by lifestyle and habits. Not all menopausal symptoms need to be treated.
Adequate treatment of pain in the breast consists of three components:
- Correction of life position
- Folk methods
- Drugs and surgery
Change your habits, increase physical activity, change the principles of nutrition, tending to rational - the basis of lifestyle in menopause, which will help reduce or even get rid of pain.
Folk recipes are quite popular. You can be treated with herbs, massage courses and other homeopathic remedies. Everyone has the right to choose what will bring him due relief.
Efficacy of different plants that contain phytoestrogens. They are able to fill the missing hormone in a completely safe way. Among the products containing phytoestrogens are known: rice, soy, lentils, oats, barley and others.
Drug therapy is taking hormone replacement drugs. The doctor chooses the dose and the preparation of a purely individual.
In some diseases, a symptom of which is chest pain, surgery is necessary. For example, intraductal papilloma, cyst, cancer.
Sometimes women with very large breasts need surgical treatment. A large amount of adipose tissue actively affects the production of estrogen and only breast reduction surgery can alleviate the situation.
Can the mammary glands increase during menopause
An increase in breast size is normal. This is explained by the growth of lipid tissue. Breast may swell, pour, regardless of the cycle. With improper diet, the presence in the diet of fatty, fried and other unhealthy foods, fatty tissue begins to grow rapidly on the chest, abdomen, legs of a woman. In addition, adipose tissue becomes an auxiliary source for the production of estrogen.
Natural explanation for the occurrence of pain
Experienced experts have a scientific explanation for why chest pains in menopause. The thing is that at the time of menopause, the hormones of the woman undergo an irreversible change. The level of estrogen is significantly reduced and, in the mammary glands, pathological processes begin, which provoke a decrease in the size of the mammary gland and swelling of the soft tissues in this area.
In addition, the climatic period is also accompanied by a hormonal imbalance that occurs with a sharp jump in one indicator and the rapid extinction of another. All of these changes are provocateurs of versatile chest pain during menopause and its non-standard increase in size.
Related pain provocateurs
In addition to the scientific explanation, there are also other interpretations why the chest pains during menopause:
- changes in the composition of fatty acids. Due to the fact that the mammary glands contain a large amount of adipose tissue, changes in the composition of acids during hormonal changes can cause such an unpleasant reaction,
- the presence of a woman with osteochondrosis and cardiovascular diseases. At the time of menopause, these diseases begin to develop rapidly, which is the cause of the pain in the sternum,
- emotional shifts. Due to stressful manifestations (irritability, tearfulness, etc.), chemical processes in the mammary glands during menopause are disturbed and often become provocateurs for the development of pain,
- previous surgery and damage to the chest. Tissue struck in the past more responsive to age-related changes in the female body,
- pharmacological drugs. Many women, before the onset of menopause, take hormonal drugs, and such unnatural intervention in the female body is often accompanied by manifestations of pain during menopause,
- abuse of alcohol-containing beverages and tobacco. Alcohol intake and smoking significantly increase the size of fatty tissues and impair blood circulation, which causes oxygen starvation of all vital organs and disrupts the process of natural metabolism, this is what causes chest pain during menopause,
- pregnancy. Rare, but possible at an early stage of menopause (when menstruation is still present), a reason that explains why the mammary glands hurt,
- the presence of a woman mastopathy. If at an earlier age such a disease was diagnosed, then with the onset of menopause it does not go away. Only the chest hurts during menopause, there are excretions and redness now not from a low level of estrogen, but, on the contrary, due to its high concentration in the body,
- cancer of the mammary glands. In the presence of cancer, at the time of menopause, severe pain is also present and indicates a late stage of the disease.
Symptoms that indicate the presence of serious diseases
Each woman is often interested in the question "can she independently determine the presence of progressive pathology in the body without the intervention of doctors."
Qualified doctors answer this question that, regardless of the existing signs that indicate dangerous diseases, a female representative, whose age has exceeded 40, should visit the medical facility annually, while checking the state of the mammary glands using mammography. During such planned studies, it is possible at early stages to identify all kinds of diseases and to treat them in a timely manner. But if it is not possible to visit diagnostic rooms, then you should know a number of signs that indicate the presence of dangerous pathologies in the female body:
- various discoloration and wrinkling of the skin,
- unnatural deformation of one breast,
- all sorts of changes in the appearance of the nipples,
- discharge of any fluid from the chest,
- fever, chills.
Disruption of general health, which is accompanied by aversion from food, decreased physical activity and anemia often indicates the presence of oncological diseases.
Also, if the chest begins to hurt during menopause together with the following symptoms, you must immediately call the ambulance team:
- deterioration of the respiratory system,
- frequent dizziness,
- urging of vomiting,
- violation of the motor apparatus.
Breast augmentation during the climatic period
A no less frequent question during the period of climatic syndrome is: “Is breast swelling possible in the given period, and, if so, how is it caused?”. This process medical professionals also have a scientific explanation.
During menopause, the breast increases due to the fact that with hormonal changes, the layer of fatty tissues in the whole body becomes larger, causing an increase in the size of not only the mammary glands, but also the total body mass. Such changes are inherent not for all women, but if the breast volume has increased, you should not be alarmed and consider this phenomenon as a symptom of a serious illness.
The nipples can also increase for natural reasons, since at the time of menopause the breast ceases to be hormonally influenced and changes occur in it. But there is also a more unpleasant interpretation of their deformation — a cancer that struck this particular area. Therefore, at the moments of any non-standard breast processes, experienced specialists strongly recommend that you contact the nearest medical facility for a thorough diagnostic examination and qualified medical advice.
What to do with the manifested pain
Often breast pain during menopause brings a woman serious discomfort, and she is looking for all sorts of ways to get rid of him as soon as possible.
First of all, the representative of the fair sex should visit the hospital, where all the necessary studies will be conducted, thanks to which the doctor will be able to confirm or deny the presence of serious diseases in the body (ultrasound examination and mammography). After conducting diagnostic procedures, the attending doctor makes effective recommendations and prescribes a number of pharmacological drugs that will contribute to improving the patient's health.
Most of the fair sex, as a result of their ignorance, begins to receive synthetic estrogens and herbal remedies, which can only increase the discomfort, but in no way reduce the pain. That is why qualified doctors do not recommend self-medicating. To improve your condition, it is recommended to use vitamin complexes of groups A, B, C, D, E. And also you should take means that can quickly and effectively alleviate pain:
To reduce the stress on the breast, the following sedative preparations are taken:
There are also a number of recommendations that no less effectively facilitate the female condition:
- using a bra that supports, but does not tighten the chest,
- professional massage of the sternum,
- reducing the amount of foods that are high in fat,
- periodic yoga, dancing, swimming, gymnastics, etc.
The main task of a woman at the time of menopause is a periodic visit to a medical institution and the implementation of all the recommendations of an experienced doctor. Adhering to all the existing rules, women can not worry about their health and even live a full life during menopause.