Any pain is a protective reaction of the body, a signal of the occurrence of some trouble. If there is pain in the anus during menstruation in women, then this is a reason for going to the doctor - gynecologist. The female body, due to the characteristics of anatomy and physiology, is more adapted to survival in the environment. The weaker floor can tolerate stress more easily; it can endure pain and suffering longer.
Women and men have different assessments of the same situations associated with pain and physical suffering. This is due to the monthly changes in the hormonal balance and metabolism in the female body.
The anus in women and men is the final section of the gastrointestinal tract, through it the remnants of undigested food stand out. In normal times, the muscular sphincter annularly encloses the rectum and closes the anus.
With the accumulation of feces and stretching of the walls of the rectum, it relaxes and opens the exit. There are a large number of glands that produce mucus, which facilitates the act of defecation.
The rectum is separated from the vagina by a thin septum that cannot completely isolate these two parts of the female body from each other. The end section of the intestine is richly supplied with nerve endings and blood vessels, which form two venous plexuses in the submucosal layer inside the intestinal wall and around the anus under the skin.
These vessels are easily susceptible to expansion, the formation of nodules and inflammation, which can occur under the influence of various provoking factors (during sedentary work, lifting weights, obesity, constipation, and improper nutrition).
During menstruation, blood flow to the pelvic vessels increases, which creates additional favorable conditions for blood stagnation in women who have a hereditary predisposition to varicose veins due to weak connective tissue and decreased vascular tone.
Clinically, blood stasis is manifested by pulling pains in the lower abdomen with irradiation to the rectum, constipation, protrusion of hemorrhoids, pains during defecation. Hormonal restructuring in the period before menstruation causes fluid retention in the cells, the woman gains weight, becomes emotionally unstable and irritable, which also affects vascular tone.
This is the mechanism of the most common cause of pain in the anus in women during menstruation, namely hemorrhoids. This disease often accompanies the weaker sex in life, especially during pregnancy and childbirth. Not everyone can get rid of it, so exacerbations often happen, the period of menstruation is very suitable for this.
What other reasons are there?
During menstruation, many women experience discomfort in the lower abdomen, which are usually tolerated easily and do not cause much suffering.
If the pain is strong and gives to the anus, then it can be different pathological situations of gynecological or proctological direction:
- Endometriosis - severe female pathology associated with the importation of endometrial cells (the inner layer of the uterus) in different parts of the body, where they grow and begin to live their own lives. Each month, these areas undergo the same cyclical changes as the normally located endometrium. This can happen after childbirth or abortion. Endometrial cells often attach to the rectovaginal septum, the peritoneum of the Douglas space (between the rectum and the vagina), causing painful sensations in the rectum during menstruation. The disease is difficult to cure, can cause infertility and oncology.
- Adnexitis (inflammation of the uterus) - pain in the lower abdomen, which gives in the perineum and anus, may be aggravated by coughing, urinating defecation. Requires complex treatment to avoid the transition to the chronic form.
- Ectopic pregnancy - manifested by bloody discharge by type of menstruation and pain of varying intensity in the lower abdomen with irradiation to the anus.
- Algomenorrhea - painful menstruation. It can be primary (if there are no organic problems with the pelvic organs) and secondary (occurs when there are diseases of the female organs). The pain in the anus can be given when the uterus bends (congenital anomaly).
- Ovary apoplexy - rupture of an ovarian cyst, accompanied by pain in the perineum and abdomen.
- Rectal fissure - hurts during bowel movements, aggravated with constipation and during menstruation due to stagnant blood.
- Rectal cancer - It hurts in the late stages constantly, develops in women with polyps or ulcerative colitis in history.
- Sphincteritis - inflammation of the tissues of the anal canal, usually occurs with concomitant inflammatory bowel disease.
- Proctalgia - pain in the rectum, which occurs when the pathology of the nervous system, with injuries of the coccyx in history, after operations on the pelvic organs, in emotionally unstable women prone to hysterical reactions.
The pain in the anus, which occurs in women during menstruation, can be a companion of many gynecological, proctologic and other problems that need to be detected and eliminated by qualified methods with the help of doctors - specialists of the appropriate profile.
Ignore the symptom of pain is impossible. Timely diagnosis and treatment can save a woman from a serious danger to health and life.
Anatomically, the vagina is located very close to the rectum. They are separated only by a small partition. Therefore, discomfort in the anus appears in all women during menstruation. But the nature and duration of pains have an important role: if they are cramping, sharp and do not pass for several days, then this is the reason for a visit to the doctor.
During menstruation, blood flow to hemorrhoids increases. Therefore, if a woman has hemorrhoids, then the pain in the anal sphincter is very intense. Sometimes inflammation in the veins of the rectum is accompanied by bleeding and a burning sensation.
In this disease, discomfort in the anal sphincter increases during bowel movements or after it. Often, the pain extends to the tailbone, thigh, or female genitals. On palpation of the coccyx area there is an increase in pain.
Also, the following symptoms will be alarming: a noticeable deformation of the gait, impaired defecation, pain in the buttocks in a sitting position, irritability.
A disease that causes inflammation in the rectal area. As a result, the woman fever, there is a weakness in the body, there are shooting pains in the anus. An abscess forms on the inner layer of the muscles, which is a great threat to the patient's health.
Paraproctitis develops rapidly during menstruation. Therefore, if time does not go to the doctor, you can encounter purulent discharge from the anus.
Anal fissures can occur for various reasons: constipation, frequent use of an enema, anal sex, etc. Damage to the mucous membrane is accompanied by acute pain and, in some cases, bloody discharge.
Painful sensations in the anus during menstruation, accompanied by burning sensation and a feeling of heaviness, may occur due to infection of the blind pockets. Also, symptoms of cryptitis are frequent constipation and the appearance of fistulas. The pains are aggravated by bowel movements or during weight lifting. Without treatment, malignant processes may develop.
Algodismenorrhea is called regular pain during menstruation. This condition occurs in many women. There are primary and secondary algodysmenorrhea. The primary is caused by normal physiological processes during menstruation, and the secondary could be caused by any pathological conditions.
Painful sensations often have a nagging and pulling character. They may extend to the lumbar, perineal, or intestinal area. In addition, the patient suffers from diarrhea, bloating, nausea, frequent urination, fever, tachycardia or bradycardia.
A disease that occurs due to the pathological proliferation of the endometrium. There are three types of endometriosis: extra genital, internal and external. Extragenital infects the intestines, bladder or peritoneal peritoneum and arises due to the proliferation of endometrial cells with the help of blood and lymph.
The inner one touches the uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes, and the outer one develops in all other internal and external genitals. The disease is directly related to the menstrual cycle, so the first symptoms appear a week before the onset of menstruation. Endometriosis develops due to a sharp decline in immunity or hormonal imbalance.
In rare cases, a combination type of endometriosis occurs. It affects not only the intestinal area, but also the genital area too. This form of pathology is accompanied by a pulling pain in the lower abdomen, nausea (less commonly, vomiting), the release of mucus and blood, and bloating.
Combined endometriosis is treated with the help of conservative treatment methods. The course of therapy is 6 months. If there is no effect, the doctor may prescribe a woman to have a surgical removal of an endometrial infiltrate.
A disease that is characterized by inflammatory processes in the ovaries, fallopian tubes. Pathogens can be streptococcal infections, intestinal and tubercular bacilli, fungi. Adnexitis occurs due to hypothermia, undertreated gynecological diseases, abortion. Also, the cause may be a complication of infectious diseases.
The main symptoms are: pain in the lower abdomen, which gives to the rectum, vaginal discharge with an admixture of pus, a failure of the menstrual cycle. Pain, mainly after intercourse or bowel movements.
Pathology that occurs during the development of a fertilized egg in the fallopian tube or other organs of the small pelvis. The danger is that ectopic pregnancy does not manifest itself and is accompanied only by symptoms of a normal pregnancy. If this pathology is not diagnosed in time, the woman will face the consequences for her life.
If you notice such symptoms, then immediately contact a gynecologist: pain in the lower abdomen and anus, blood discharge in the middle of the cycle, delayed menstruation, scanty menstruation.
For the diagnosis of pain in the anus using such methods:
The anal opening has a lot of nerve endings. For any infectious or inflammatory processes, terrible discomfort is experienced, so it is necessary to immediately begin treatment.
Before you begin treatment, you need to find out the cause of the pain. In some cases, rectal suppositories help, and in others only surgical intervention will help.
Regardless of the causes of pain, doctors prescribe antispasmodics and painkillers (Spazmalgon, No-Spa, Ketoconazole). In severe cases, use:
- Cryotherapy. Node removal with liquid nitrogen.
- Scleotherapy A special substance is introduced that relieves inflammation after a few days.
- Coagulation. Moxibustion fistula infrared waves.
Also used for the treatment of ointments on the basis of sea buckthorn oil, calendula or propolis, which reduce inflammation from the outside. To eliminate the inflammatory processes inside the intestine, candles impregnated with special medicinal substances are necessary.
To reduce the risk of intestinal or pelvic disease, it is necessary to lead an active lifestyle and play sports. But it is very important not to over-exaggerate, in order not to injure the body once again.
To strengthen the immune system, you need to eat more vegetables and fruits. With their lack should be consumed vitamins in tablet form. The most important thing is to visit a doctor at least once a year. This will prevent the development of various diseases and preserve your health.
Cause of pain
The woman’s anus completes the gastrointestinal tract. Serves to remove the remnants of undigested food. The rectum is separated from the vagina by a thin partition, therefore, these two components of the female body are closely connected. Changing the normal state of the vagina leads to discomfort in the anus and vice versa.
The final section of the intestine is supplied with numerous nerve endings, blood vessels. Under the action of various internal and external factors, the vessels are able to expand, to form nodes, to inflame. On the eve of menstruation and during critical life, the blood flow to the pelvic vessels increases. This creates a situation where there is stagnation of blood. Especially often this phenomenon occurs in women with a genetic predisposition to varicose veins. Manifested stagnation of blood in the lower abdomen, lower back, gives to the rectum, causes discomfort during defecation.
The reason for all this is the hormonal changes in the body of a woman associated with the menstrual cycle. Pain in the anus can occur periodically or every time during critical days. The latter situation requires an appeal to a gynecologist. Accompanied by an unpleasant feeling in the anus, an unbalanced nervous state of a woman, an increase in weight, which affects the general condition of the body and blood vessels. In the absence of serious health problems, the pain in the anus passes by itself after the end of the menstrual period.
Factors causing pain
The cause of pain in the anus are problems in the reproductive system, the gastrointestinal tract. Contributes to the occurrence of unpleasant sensations sedentary lifestyle, excess weight, exercise, unhealthy diet, alcohol, nervous tension. The disorder can be temporary, goes with the normalization of nutrition, lifestyle adjustment. Or provokes serious diseases that require careful long-term treatment from a woman.
- Endometriosis - A disease associated with the proliferation of the endometrium of the uterus, spreading it beyond the limits of the organ. Endometrial cells are often attached to the rectovaginal septum, causing pain in this area. Treatment provides for a long, comprehensive, qualified.
- Adnexitis - inflammation of the uterus. Accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen, including parts of the intestine. Increases during bowel movements, coughing, laughing. Requires immediate treatment to prevent the transition to the chronic form.
- Ectopic pregnancy. It is characterized by bloody secretions of low intensity, pain in the lower abdomen radiating to the intestinal sections.
- Algomenorrhea - painful menstruation. The reason may be physical pathologies - uterus bend, congenital anomalies, diseases of the female reproductive system, temporary stress of the nervous system, physical exhaustion. Treatment depends on the causes of this phenomenon.
- Ovarian appolexia - represents a rupture of a cyst, which is accompanied by pain throughout the lower abdomen.
- Rectal fissure - Exacerbated by blood stasis during menstruation. Causes pain during bowel movements.
- Rectal cancer - The disease is accompanied by other painful symptoms in the intestinal area. In the late stage, pain is always present in the anus.
- Sphincteritis and hemorrhoids - inflammation of the anal canal, which occurs due to inflammatory processes in the intestine.
- Proctalgia - a common disease of women, which is associated with pathologies in the nervous system, damage to the coccyx, operations in the pelvic area. Often found in emotionally unstable women prone to hysteria.
- Intestinal dysbiosis - disruption of the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Numerous factors cause dysbacteriosis: nervous stress, unhealthy diet, medications, gastrointestinal diseases, contraceptives and much more.
With the exception of serious health problems in the field of gynecology and proctology, you can cope with unpleasant sensations in the rectal area during menstruation independently. Treatment is based on adherence to diet, taking drugs that improve the state of the intestine - Laktovit, Laktiale, Bifidumbakterin, Smekta, Enterol, Hilak. It is necessary to ensure proper rest, eliminate physical exertion, avoid stress, make walking. Treatment of serious diseases should be under the supervision of specialists.
Causes of discomfort
What exactly is causing the pain in the anus, just can say a specialist.
There are many different causes - hemorrhoids, endometriosis, rectal neuralgia, etc.
Hemorrhoids are inflammations that originate in the rectum. The proctological illness of the beautiful half of humanity can manifest itself quite differently from men.With menstruation, pain in the anus can increase and cause discomfort when walking - 20% of women suffer from it.
Neuralgia of the rectum is an inflammation of the nerve endings of the final part of the digestive tract. To diagnose it is very difficult even for qualified doctors. If you start the disease and do not treat it, it will eventually develop into a chronic disease, which as a result will lead to constant pain and spasms in the anus.
Endometriosis is one of the main causes of pain in the anal canal, a severe gynecological disease. Soreness that has arisen with the onset of the menstrual cycle, triggered by the growth of endometrial cells and their penetration into other organs. It threatens to interfere with the regularity of the menstrual cycle and the intensity of discharge.
What else are the causes of this unpleasant pain? Among the other symptoms can be identified:
- Paraproctitis is a purulent process in the tissues that surround the rectum. May cause fever, rapid deterioration of the general condition, sudden spasms in the anus.
- Cryptitis is an unpleasant pain that causes a burning sensation in the rectum. Many women often manifest themselves during critical days.
- Anal fissure - can be caused by various injuries and damage to the rectal mucosa. Its symptoms are very similar to the manifestations of cryptitis. The level of pain depends on how deep the crack.
- Algomenorrhea - disruptions cyclical menstruation. May carry trailing and cutting pains. There are also other symptoms: pain in the head, nausea and weakness.
With the appearance of adnexitis (inflammation of the uterine appendages), most often aching pain affects the legs, sacrum, abdomen and vagina.
Why does an exacerbation occur during critical days?
Most often there is pain and discomfort in the anus with the onset of critical days. They can be triggered by a number of diseases:
- adnexitis (inflammation of the uterine appendages, can cause cutting pain in the anus and abdomen),
- fibromyoma is a small knot, but when enlarged it can put pressure on some organs and cause soreness around the anus during menstruation (if the knot was formed outside the uterus, then the latter may well rest against the intestine),
- endometriosis - as a rule, causes the appearance of blood from the anus (pain syndrome can occur in the region of not only the genitals, but also the intestine).
Often, pain in the anus during menstruation can be caused by some pathologies. Their appearance can be argued by overeating, because during the menstrual cycle, the female body is experiencing some kind of stress, which can increase the appetite, especially cravings for sweets.
There are many different diseases that provoke unusual sensations, as a result of which the anus hurts during menstruation. It is not recommended to ignore such symptoms during menstruation, it can lead to serious consequences. Intestinal pathologies may occur.
The rectum is close to the vagina, and during menstruation there is pain, which gives to the rectum, but when the menstrual cycle comes to an end, it may not weaken, but rather increase. In addition, the formation of anal fissure hemorrhoids is possible. The main symptoms that indicate the presence of damage to the rectum are as follows:
- Intense pain in the anus when stool or after it.
- The occurrence of spasm of the anal sphincter.
- A small amount of dark blood from the anus.
How to relieve pain?
Many patients try to hide all the obvious symptoms, believing that an early visit to a specialist is not necessary, and you should seek help only in emergency situations. If you are worried about the pain in the anus during menstruation, hope that everything will pass by itself is not worth it. Need to take appropriate measures. The usual pain pills can eliminate pain only for a while, but not cured.
You can get rid of pain only when you know its causes:
- Hemorrhoids. It is necessary to use candles Relief or Heparin ointment. You must also follow a diet and do not make physical exertion.
- For a crack in the anus, you can use the ointments Aurobin, Actovegin, Ultraprokt. These drugs can relieve and relieve pain. You also need a disinfectant - candles Anuzol or powder Fiber.
- Cryptitis often requires surgical intervention. If the stage of the disease is not running, then candles based on propolis or levomycetin can help.
- When giving back pain in the anus during menstruation, neuralgia of the rectum can be the culprit. It is treated by physiotherapeutic methods.
- If the anal passage is severely affected during critical days, it can be caused by algomenorrhea. In this case, you need only a comprehensive treatment. Relieve the pain that struck the anus during menstruation, you can use the No-shpy.
In order to prevent such diseases, you should always observe preventive measures:
- Eat right.
- Systematically respect the hygiene of the genitals.
- Every year, go for a visit to the doctor, even if nothing bothers you.
It is also necessary to go in for sports, not exceeding moderate physical activities.
In the anal passage there is a very large number of nerve endings. When they become inflamed, the body experiences terrible discomfort and suffers from ailment.
In order to start treatment, you need to establish the cause, which led to painful sensations in the anus. There are different stages of the disease. Sometimes you can do with ointment and candles, and sometimes you only need surgical intervention. It is not recommended to self-medicate, as the ills that concern this area are very serious. Only a doctor can prescribe symptoms and treatment.
There are modern diagnostic methods that you definitely need to use:
- Visit to the gynecologist to establish the diagnosis, examination in the gynecological chair.
- Ultrasound diagnosis of the pelvis and abdomen.
If an infection is suspected in the female body, general urine and blood tests can be prescribed. To exclude intestinal pathology from a number of diseases, it is worth using a colonoscopy and rectoromanoscopy. Be sure to pass an analysis of feces for the presence of bacteria.
Practically for any pain in the abdomen, anti-inflammatory and anesthetics are prescribed. There may be surgery:
- cryotherapy nodes (apply liquid nitrogen),
- coagulation (burning with infrared waves),
- scleotherapy (a special agent is injected into the inflammatory areas, which helps to reduce inflammation in a few days).
It is possible to use several methods simultaneously, in several stages.
With regard to drug therapy, can be used for the treatment of drugs based on natural ingredients (sea buckthorn oil, calendula extract, propolis). Ointment should be used for external hemorrhoids, for internal - suitable candles.
Severe pains that occurred during menstruation in the anus, may mean that an emergency examination is necessary and, perhaps, the inflammatory process of some organs has already begun.
No need to postpone the trip to the doctor, or try for a long time to eliminate the pain with painkillers.
Adnexitis and ectopic pregnancy
Adnexitis (salpingo-oophoritis) is a gynecological pathology characterized by inflammation of the fallopian tubes, ovaries and the uterus itself. The inflammatory process is provoked by streptococci, staphylococci, intestinal sticks, fungi, tubercle bacilli. The main reasons: sexually transmitted diseases, abortion, hypothermia, undertreated gynecological diseases, complications after infectious diseases. Andexitis has 3 forms: acute, subacute and chronic.
When menstruation hurts the lower abdomen, the pain gives to the rectum. A painful sensation also occurs during sexual intercourse and during bowel movements. The menstrual cycle gets off, vaginal discharges have mucopurulent structure. To eliminate adnexitis, broad-spectrum antibiotics, immunomodulators, and vitamin complexes are used.
Ectopic pregnancy is a pathology that occurs when a fertilized egg is fixed and develops in the fallopian tube. Ectopic pregnancy is difficult to recognize independently, as it is characterized by all the symptoms of a normal pregnancy. Pathology is dangerous for its complications and is a big threat to life. Therefore, it is so important to get registered with a gynecologist in time and undergo all appropriate examinations. Ectopic pregnancy occurs due to obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
A fertilized egg gets stuck in the fallopian tube, in rare cases in the ovary or abdomen. Developing, the embryo stretches the walls of the fallopian tube, which may result in its rupture. Among the symptoms of ectopic pregnancy note bloody discharge by type of menstruation, pain, extending into the lower abdomen, perineum and anus. Currently, laparotomy is used to eliminate uterine pregnancy.
What else could be?
A fissure in the rectum is formed as a result of rupture of the mucous membrane of the rectum. In women, a crack most often occurs in the anterior midline of the anal canal.
The mechanical cause of the formation of cracks is tight stools and constipation, which contribute to injury to the mucous membrane. Crack also occurs during inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. The defeat of one part of the digestive system causes inflammation of the mucous membrane of the entire gastric tract.
The acute form of the disease is accompanied by severe pain in the anus. In the days of menstruation due to blood stagnation, pain increases. Conservative treatment of cracks in the rectum includes: the normalization of the chair, baths with medical solutions, taking drugs that relieve cramps. Surgical treatment is the use of the method of excision of cracks.
- Rectal cancer. It develops not so fast, and at the first stage of the disease is rarely detected. The main symptoms of the initial stage of cancer are chronic constipation and hemorrhoids in the rectum. At a later stage of the disease, intestinal obstruction develops, the stomach hurts, problems with defecation occur. The most effective method of treatment is the removal of the tumor and tissues affected by metastases.
- Sphincteritis is an inflammation of the circular obturator muscle of the rectum. The causes contributing to the development of pathology are: chronic inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, dysbacteriosis, frequent diarrhea, rectal tumor, autoimmune pathology. Provocative factors are unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, hypothermia, radiation therapy, alcoholism.
- Proctalgia is a muscle spasm of the rectum, which is not a serious pathology, has no complications. The disease is poorly treatable, in women it occurs in a more complicated form. There are 3 types of disease. Primary proctalgia occurs at night and is accompanied by acute pain. Pain syndrome extends into the perineum, lumbar spine. This pathology develops due to mental overstrain, stress, depression.
- Spastic proctalgia is accompanied by prolonged pain. Causes of: problems with defecation, impaired bowel function.
Volatile proctalgia is caused by the tailbone injury, constipation, and osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine.
Pains appear suddenly, can last from several minutes to several hours. Treatment of proctalgia is to relieve pain. To do this, use procaine blockade, physiotherapy, sedatives and sedatives, massage the anus and coccyx zone.
Unbearable pain during menstruation. The emergence of such an unpleasant symptom as pain during the period of menstruation, can knock any girl out of the rut of life. AT…
Painful monthly radiating to the lower back Critical days are the result of complex physiological processes in the body associated with ...
What to do in case of severe pain during menstruation Monthly bleeding from the genitals of a woman is a physiological process and ...
Pain during menstruation: the reasons for what to do and folk remedies. Approaching menstruation make themselves felt with chest pains and in the hip belt, and so ...
Severe pain in the uterus during menstruation. The menstrual cycle is a periodic physiological process in the female body. Woman to prepare for ...
Causes of pain in the anus during menstruation
Very often during menstruation, girls experience a range of painful sensations in the lower abdomen - from mild ailment to the very real cramps that have to be removed with medication. However, there is another possible reason - severe discomfort in the rectal area, coming or sharpening during the period of critical days.
Among the main causes of pain in the anus are the following:
- Rectal fissure. It is painful in itself, it can even remind of itself during regular physiological bleeding and with constipation, since during such a period there is a stagnation of blood in the pelvis. This pathology also occurs due to excessive loads on the intestines, for example, after strong attempts during labor.
- Proctalgia described by rezya in the intestines and appears due to damage to the coccygeal zone, after surgical interventions in the urogenital area or when diagnosed with a neuralgic disease.
- Blood that circulates more slowly during menstruation in the pelvis also provokes soreness. hemorrhoidal nodules.
- Women can form intestinal adhesions with genitals. They lead to pain during active contractions of the uterus during menstruation.
- Exacerbations of chronic pathological processes of the intestinessuch as colitis and enterocolitis can also entail the occurrence of painful sensations of the anal ring area.
- Paraproctitis characterized by severe intestinal pain, which may seem unbearable, combined with a contraction of the uterus during the period of critical days.
- Neuralgic bowel diseaseassociated with impaired innervation and, as a result, inflammation in the terminal section. This disease is difficult to diagnose, but its advanced stage is fraught with the appearance of long and numerous spasms.
- Oncological intestinal diseases in the last stages, they are accompanied by constant painful sensations that do not depend on menstruation in a woman.
- Cryptit ̶ inflammation of the blind pockets of the sphincter ̶ is also accompanied by severe pain, especially when going to the toilet or lifting weights.
And here more about the changes in the vagina during menstruation.
The following female problems can cause pain in the anus:
- Algomenorrhea ̶ fairly common pathology in girls. This intense pain during the critical days. The pain around the anus occurs for various reasons.
- Inflammation of the uterus, also called adnexitis, is accompanied by painful sensations in the lower abdomen, which can give to the anal region. One of the additional symptoms: the pain becomes more intense when coughing, urging to defecate and urinate. It occurs after hypothermia, against the background of genital infections or various injuries.
- Cyst rupture in the ovary (apoplexy) accompanied by intense pain in the lower abdomen and anus.
- Ectopic pregnancywhen an egg fertilized by a sperm cell is attached not in the uterus, but in one of the fallopian tubes. This condition is accompanied by discharge, similar to menstrual, and painful processes that are felt in the anus.
- Endometriosis manifested by strong discomfort during menstruation, as the endometrial cells lining the uterus from the inside can separate, spread throughout the body and begin to function independently. Such areas are attached to the thin wall between the vagina and the intestine, which provokes pain. This is a severe female pathology that can lead to cancer and infertility.
- Ectopic pregnancywhen an egg fertilized by a sperm cell is attached not in the uterus, but in one of the fallopian tubes. This condition is accompanied by discharge, similar to menstrual, and painful processes that are felt in the anus.
Pain in the rectum during menstruation can be a companion of any gynecological or proctological disease. This symptom must be reported to a specialist to avoid the development of a possible problem.
See this video for the causes of pain in the anus:
Why aggravates during menstruation
The structure of the female body partly explains the appearance of discomfort or exacerbation of pain during menstruation in the rectal area.
The intestine ends with an anal ring through which undigested food debris leaves the body during a bowel movement act. The final section of the intestine is richly lined with various nerve endings, blood vessels and glands.
The vagina and intestines are separated by a kind of thin wall, the thickness of which is not enough to fully isolate these two areas. Therefore, the various processes occurring in the female body during menstruation, which can be attributed to spasms, can affect the intestines, giving to this area.
Anatomy of the pelvic organs
The mechanism of pain distribution is the following: discomfort covers the uterus and vagina, and passes through the thin partition between them and the intestines through the intestines and is given in the anal canal. In the usual time for a girl, the female organs in a healthy body do not spasm, so no painful sensations occur in the anus.
How to remove pain in the anus during menstruation
It is worth remembering that any physiological process in which a girl discovers rectal pain is a good reason to consult a specialist. In this case, with the appearance and growth of unpleasant sensations in the anus area during the flow of hormonal bleeding, an urgent need to visit a gynecologist.
After examination, the doctor will indicate the problem that has arisen or is present and, if necessary, will advise you to contact a proctologist. This may be necessary if the pain in the anus is not the result of a spasm and is not related to the gynecological problem.
Delays in visiting the doctor due to lack of time, shyness or due to the fact that the problem did not seem serious enough, is unacceptable, as it can lead to an exacerbation of a possible disease with a subsequent transition to a chronic form or even fatal.
However, if it is not possible to visit a doctor immediately when discomfort occurs, there are the following ways to remove or ease physical discomfort:
- Algodysmenorrhea, which often accompanies girls during menstruation, is stopped by antispasmodic drugs, which include “No-shpa” or “Drotaverin”, “Novigan”, “Spazmalgon”. Plant-based drugs that will ease the pain that is felt in the anus include Plantex and Romazulan.
- When inflammation in the intestine is often observed pain, which will help to eliminate antibiotics. A group of these drugs (based on tetracycline, penicillin, and the like) should be determined by a doctor, since different medicines affect certain infectious pathogens.
- If there are suspicions of a fracture of the intestine or there are obvious signs, the candles Methyluracil and Actovegin ointment, Ultraprokt will help to ease the sensations. You should also take care of disinfecting the anus. To prevent the progression of the process with a cracked anus will help candles "Anuzole" or spray "Miramistin". Fiber powder can also be used.
- When detecting hemorrhoidal nodules, you should use candles "Natalcid", "Relief" or ointment "Heparin". Anesthetic effect will create candles with lidocaine and benzocaine, such as "Anestezol", "Ginkor Procto", "Posterizan", "Procto-Glevenol" and sea buckthorn. Static recumbency and the elimination of physical exertion will also benefit from painful sensations in the anus.
- For flatulence, coupled with rectal pain, you should use products containing simethicone. These are the medicines Espumizan, Sub Simplex, Bobotik, Simicol and Simethicone.
- Intestinal cryptitis is eliminated by a surgeon. In the presence of the disease at an early stage, candles with the content of chloramphenicol and propolis will help to ease the discomfort.
When there is pain during menstruation, it gives to the anus and is repeated every month, talking about violations of the functioning of the internal organs. The anus acts as the final part of the digestive system. Between him and the vagina there is only a thin partition. That is why these departments are closely interrelated. A violation in one of them leads to a reaction in the other.
Pain in the anus during menstruation may indicate dilatation of the rectum and other problems. The set of nerve endings of the organ rather sharply reacts to any internal and external influences.
During menstruation, blood circulation in the pelvic organs increases due to the influx of large amounts of blood. As a result, all pathogenic microorganisms are activated. With a sedentary lifestyle, violation of sleep and wakefulness, a woman’s immunity is weakened, which causes various kinds of disorders.
Most women associate pain syndrome with menstruation, but in most cases it is put the first sign of the development of serious pathologies.
Features of the anatomical location of the rectum lead to the fact that during menstruation, almost every woman has an anus. But there are several bowel diseases that can aggravate the situation:
- Koktsingodiniya - pathological process, characterized by the appearance of unpleasant and painful sensations after the act of defecation. In some cases, the symptoms of the disease are constantly present. Irradiate to the thigh, coccyx or genital area. It is easy to determine the pathology, because the pain increases with pressure.
- Hemorrhoids are considered the most common cause of pain. During the period of menstruation, there is an increase in blood flow to the pelvic organs. Hemorrhoids begin to bleed. Many women note itching, burning, difficulty defecation due to the fact that the patient is afraid of pain. The disease becomes a consequence of a sedentary lifestyle, frequent hypothermia, hereditary predisposition and other factors. As a rule, after the end of bleeding the symptoms of exacerbation of pathology disappear. However, this should not be a reason for postponing a visit to the doctor.
- Paraproctitis is a pathological condition characterized by the development of the inflammatory process in the tissues surrounding the rectum. The basis of the disease is the appearance of a cavity filled with purulent contents. The disease is characterized by vivid clinical manifestations, severe pain during bowel movements, an increase in body temperature up to +40 degrees. In the absence of therapy, the ulcer can open up on its own. As a result, purulent discharges appear, in some cases with blood. The disease is very dangerous, and in the period of menstrual bleeding tends to develop rapidly.
- Anal fissures can also provoke painful sensations. This is due to an increase in pressure on the pelvic organs due to the influx of large amounts of blood. The intensity of the pain syndrome depends on the number of cracks and the depth of tissue damage. As a rule, unpleasant sensations are accompanied during bowel movements.
- Inflammation of the blind pockets or sinuses of the anus in medicine is called cryptitis. Pathology is characterized by bright clinical manifestations and develops as a result of infection. Constipation is considered one of the symptoms of the disease. In severe cases, the pathological process leads to fistulas and even rectal tumors.
The appearance of such symptoms may indicate the beginning of the development of pathology of the rectum. An alarming signal is that the pain syndrome after the end of menstruation does not subside.
The likelihood that a woman has a gynecological disease increases significantly if there is pain during menstruation in the rectum and anus. The most likely causes are the following:
- Algomenorrhea is a pathological condition characterized by bouts of cramping lower abdominal pain. Discomfort can be pulling nature, to give into the rectum. The violation can also be accompanied by headaches, weakness, irritability, increased fatigue. Often there are violations of the chair. In women with endometriosis and endometritis, the pain is more pronounced. Predisposing factor to the emergence of algomenorrhea can be an anomaly of the structure of the uterus or its wrong location.
- Fibromyoma is a disease of the uterus, based on the formation of a benign tumor inside the organ. Pathology most often develops in women after 35 years. The main causes of the disease include: artificial termination of pregnancy, ovarian cysts, self-selection of contraceptives or their wrong reception, lack of a history of childbirth, frequent stress, accompanied by a violation of hormonal balance. The tumor may be of different sizes. The intensity and duration of pain during menstruation depends on this. For accurate diagnosis of pathology, the patient is recommended to undergo an ultrasound examination.
- Adnexitis is an inflammatory disease in which appendages suffer. In addition to pain in the anus, there are other symptoms: hyperthermia, increased sweat glands, muscle discomfort, severe pain in the sacrum. The basis of the disease is the penetration of E. coli, streptococcus or pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases to appendages. Predisposing factors are considered to be frequent hypothermia, reduced immunity, colds and viral ailments.
- Endometriosis is a serious disease characterized by the proliferation of endometrial cells in atypical places. In severe cases, foci appear not only in the body of the uterus, but also outside, on the tubes, ovaries, in the vagina, on the surface of the abdominal organs. The disease is characterized by severe course, menstrual disorders, pain in the anus during the menstruation period. One of the features of the pathology will be the appearance of spotting brown. In some cases, the selection continues throughout the cycle.
- Ectopic pregnancy also often causes pain during menstruation. Related symptoms: severe pain in the anus and sacrum, weakness, hyperthermia.
Any of the diseases requires treatment to a specialist. An ectopic pregnancy requires immediate medical attention. In the absence of therapy, pathology can lead to rupture of the fallopian tube.
To effectively eliminate pain, it is necessary to determine their etiology. This is possible using modern diagnostic methods. The first step will be a survey of the patient, finding out the nature and duration of the unpleasant sensations that accompany the symptoms.
Next is a digital examination of the rectum in order to identify pathologies. After that, a woman is examined on a gynecological chair., take a smear to determine the pathogenic microflora. Additionally prescribe a clinical analysis of urine and blood.
An obligatory diagnostic method will be an ultrasound examination in order to confirm or exclude ectopic pregnancy, fibroids, endometriosis and other disorders. To exclude pathologies of the rectum and colon, a colonoscopy or rectoromanoscopy is performed. Based on the results of the examination, the specialist diagnoses and prescribes the appropriate treatment.
Depending on the cause of the pain, appropriate treatment is prescribed. As a rule, the following drugs are used:
- In case of algomenorrhea, the use of antispasmodics is shown, which will help relieve spasm of smooth muscles and relieve the patient's condition. The most common are Spazmalgon, No-shpa, Drotaverin.
- Purulent proctitis requires surgical intervention to open a purulent cavity and extract its contents. After the operation, a course of antibacterial drugs is prescribed to prevent various complications.
- If hemorrhoids are detected, it is necessary to undergo a course of therapy with rectal suppositories that will relieve the symptoms of inflammation. Relief candles have a good therapeutic effect.
- When adnexitis is prescribed a long course of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs. It is also shown hormone therapy in severe disease.
- Severe forms of fibroids and endometriosis, characterized by the rapid growth of pathological foci, require surgical intervention. Analgesics are prescribed to eliminate severe pain. In the postoperative period, hormonal treatment is required to prevent recurrence.
Mandatory point of therapy will be the appointment of pain medications. Nurofen, ibuprofen and their analogues are used most often. Such drugs also contain anti-inflammatory ingredients. Before using them, you should consult with a specialist and make sure that there are no contraindications, since there are a number of complications that develop with illiterate and excessive use.
During the period of treatment it is recommended to abandon intense physical exertion, alcoholic beverages. It is necessary to adjust the mode of work and rest, to devote a sufficient amount of time to full sleep.
Compliance with simple preventive measures will help to avoid pain. You should not choose hormonal contraceptives yourself; only a doctor can do this. It is necessary to avoid hypothermia, timely treat colds and other illnesses, balance diet, follow the rules of personal hygiene.
If symptoms of one of the diseases are detected, it is recommended not to postpone the visit to a specialist. This will allow time to identify pathology and prevent complications.
Inside the anus there are many nerve endings and vessels that are prone to inflammation and knot formation under certain factors. It is during menstruation that the blood circulation in the pelvic organs increases, which leads to favorable conditions for the vital activity of various pathogenic microorganisms.
Sitting work, the lack of an active lifestyle, hard physical labor and weight lifting can cause bowel pathology and pain in it.
If the pain of a shooting character, it is necessary to determine the cause of its occurrence as soon as possible and contact a doctor for this. Any disease without treatment goes from acute to chronic, which complicates the situation.
Despite the fact that pain appeared during menstruation, it can be associated with various infectious processes in the rectum, neoplasms or cracks, and not only with diseases of the female genital organs.
The rectum is anatomically located very close to the vagina, only a thin partition separates them. Almost every woman has a slight discomfort during menstruation, which quickly disappears after the discharge. But the presence of strong cramping pain, which give into the anus, should disturb the woman and be the reason for the visit to the doctor.
Various injuries of the rectal mucosa and injuries lead to an anal fissure. Pain depends on the depth of the crack, which can be formed due to paraproctitis, hemorrhoids and other inflammatory processes.
Pain, a feeling of heaviness and burning in the rectum during menstruation are often due to cryptitis. This is an inflammation of the blind pockets due to infection. The disease leads to constipation, the formation of fistulas, and sometimes the development of a malignant process. Severe pains increase even more with weight lifting and bowel movements.
A benign lesion in the uterus is called fibromyoma and often causes the rectum, stomach, and bleeding to hurt. The tumor is most common in women after 35 years. The degree of pain, its localization depends on the size of the tumor. One of the characteristic symptoms of uterine fibroids is disturbed menstruation. Causes of fibromyoma:
- wrong choice of contraception
- persistent depression and stress,
- ovarian cysts,
- lack of childbirth and breastfeeding after 30 years.
Inflammation of the uterus is often the reason why the rectum hurts in women during menstruation. Other symptoms include a sharp increase in temperature, severe pain in the sacrum and lower abdomen, muscle pain, increased sweating. The inflammatory process arises due to the penetration of streptococci, Escherichia coli, gonococci, installation of the intrauterine device, due to venereal diseases.
Modern diagnostic methods
Mandatory examination includes:
- rectal examination,
- examination on the gynecological chair,
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs and abdominal cavity.
If an infectious nature of the disease is suspected, a complete blood and urine test is prescribed. To exclude bowel pathologies, sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy are performed. Mandatory method of diagnosis is the patient’s feces analysis, bacteriological examination of blood.
Чем унять боль в прямой кишке
Нельзя ждать, что боль пройдет сама, даже если она не слишком интенсивная. При каждом заболевании медицинская помощь разная.
- When proctitis is prescribed surgery to remove the abscess, then antibiotic therapy.
- Cryptitis is first treated with rectal suppositories with levomycetinum and propolis, and further surgery may be needed.
- Koktsingodiniya eliminated with the help of modern methods of physiotherapy. Sometimes they use blockade with novocaine to relieve acute pain.
- When hemorrhoids effective candles "Relief", various ointments with heparin, venotonic drugs.
- For the healing of cracks and pain relief use Ultraprokt, Solcoseryl.
- Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs are used to treat adnexitis.
- Endometriosis needs surgical treatment, but painkillers are prescribed to relieve pain. Among them, the drugs "Novigan", "Nurofen."
- To relieve pain in myoma take "Ibuprofen", "Naroxen".
- "No-shpa", "Spazmalgon" will help relieve spasms and pain with algomenorrhea.
General recommendations for the prevention of diseases of the pelvic organs are reduced to the following rules:
- daily genital hygiene,
- proper nutrition,
- moderate exercise
- refusal to play sports until full recovery,
- timely visit to the doctor.
If the pain during menstruation gives into the rectum, it is necessary to visit a doctor. Not always such pains mean problems with the digestive tract. They can be a sign of serious pathologies of the female genital organs that need urgent treatment. Paying attention to the pain, giving to the rectum, you can stop the development of the pathological process.
Preventing the onset of pain
If you carefully monitor your health and comply with preventive measures, you can avoid unpleasant sensations in the anus during menstruation:
- Intimate hygiene. Daily washing and linen changes are basic precautionary principles, since the genital organs and rectum, which are kept clean, will not allow various infections and bacteria to cause illness. You should also pay attention to thorough hygiene of the genital organs and anus after sexual contact and going to the toilet.
- Annual inspection by a specialist. The gynecologist will hear complaints, conduct an examination, take the necessary tests and draw up a history. Further, on these grounds, the doctor will determine the presence of any diseases of an intimate nature and prescribe treatment. When going to a specialist, you should inform that during regular bleeding rectal pain is observed.
- Proper nutrition and diet if necessary, eliminate the possibility of constipation, which results in an intestinal crack. Drink plenty of fluids, sufficient fiber and a balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates form the basis of a harmonious diet.
Daily use of fresh or minimally thermally processed fruits and vegetables will provide the body with dietary fiber, which is necessary for good intestinal motility.
- Regular chair. Should pay attention to the frequency of defecation. Usually a healthy body experiences the urge to empty every 1-3 days. Rarer toilet visits are fraught with constipation. At the same time, it is necessary to change the principles of nutrition and drinking, use laxatives if necessary, and be sure to consult a specialist.
- Adequate athletic load on the female body will help to avoid proctological problems associated with overstrain and lifting large weights. In everyday life, it is also worth taking care of yourself and not carrying bags with products or things weighing more than 3 kilograms.
- Sex life should not be accompanied by injury to the tissues of the vagina and anus, as the frequent violation of the integrity or rupture of the integument of these areas of the body can also contribute to the emergence of diseases of the urogenital sphere.
And here more about the problems when using the toilet during menstruation.
Rectal pain during hormonal regular bleeding can have two causes - gynecological and proctological nature. For each case, you need to visit a specialist, but there are also medical methods for immediate relief of pain. Timely treatment, as well as the prevention of possible problems in the female part, can relieve the discomfort of the anus during menstrual bleeding.
See this video for a set of exercises to relieve pain during menstruation:
If the painful toilet coincides with menstruation, then the reasons may be hidden diseases, non-compliance with the diet, the presence of hemorrhoids and others. You can get rid of them if you identify and cure the pathology, as well as carry out prevention.
Often monthly with ovarian cyst come with delays, failures, clots. But their character is influenced by the type of education, as well as the factors that led to its appearance.
Due to a decrease in immunity, cystitis is exacerbated during menstruation. The reasons also become a violation of the rules of hygiene, incorrectly chosen gaskets and other problems. Treatment includes both antibiotics and folk remedies.
Depending on which scheme is chosen, what problem should be solved, the menstruation will change while taking Norkolut. They can and cause monthly, and provoke a delay.
Understand the physiological processes
On the functional purpose of the anus everyone knows. Not overcooked food comes out through these openings, having passed before the entire gastrointestinal tract. The sphincter performs, including a protective function, closing the anus and not allowing fecal masses to go out randomly. However, as uncooked food accumulates, the walls of the rectum begin to stretch, which is why the sphincter weakens its coverage of the rectum.
To make the whole process work, the special glands work painlessly, secreting mucus. This kind of lubricant makes defecation as painless as possible. It follows that if the rectum was eating during the menstruation, this may be due to the long absence of bowel movement. But problems with the release of lubricant glands should cause pain only in the process of emptying.
The rectum and vagina are not isolated from each other as desired. Between them there is only one thin partition. The structure of the anus is such that it actively reacts to any changes in the body. There are a lot of negative factors (obesity, sedentary lifestyle, excessive loads, etc.) that can lead to the expansion or inflammation of these vessels.
The menstrual period is characterized by an increase in blood flow to the pelvis, and this affects the nerve endings of the anal canal.
Causes of pain associated with menstruation
It can be difficult for a woman to understand why the anus is painful during monthly periods. To accurately determine this, you need to consult a doctor.
- Inflammation of the uterine appendages (adnexitis) causes a feeling of pain in the lower abdomen, but sometimes the pain passes to the rectum.
- Due to a number of different problems and diseases (inflammation of the genital organs, abnormal position of the uterus, endometriosis, etc.) there is algodismenorrhea. In this case, the pain can also give in the fifth point.
- Endometriosis is a very common disease. Because of it, there are often anal pains, and blood comes out from the anus during menstruation. If blood comes out of the anus, this is a clear signal thatno help from a doctor anymore.
- If fibroids are formed outside the uterus, then it may well rest against the intestines, causing characteristic pain.
In fact, this is not a complete list of diseases and illnesses that can cause characteristic pain during menstruation. Only the doctor will be able to eliminate the wrong options and find the very reason for which there are additional discomfort.
What treatment to resort to
If the disease is diagnosed, then we can talk about treatment. For this reason, the presence of an alarming symptom requires medical assistance. If the pain during menstruation gives into the rectum, then you must first go to the gynecologist, and then to the proctologist, if necessary.
Forget about traditional medicine and the advice of a friend who had exactly the same. No dandelion poultice does not help, but only aggravates everything, because precious time will be missed for real treatment.
Depending on the disease, different treatment is required. In one case, antibiotics are needed, and in the other, surgery is not necessary. Special suppositories, ointments, antispasmodics, physiotherapy and other treatments should be prescribed by a doctor who accurately determined the cause of anal pain and their relationship with menstruation.
Rest and diet will help in the most simple situations. If this does not help, then all that the patient can do on his own is to ask for help in time.