Many have heard, and some know what a thrush is. How to treat it? Boric acid for thrush the most effective means. Thrush (candidiasis) disease of the genital organs (mostly women are ill).
The causative agent of this disease is a fungus of the genus Candida. Burning, persistent curd discharge, discomfort, rash, such an infection is a problem for many women. Thrush to be treated. For the treatment using drugs, and boric acid.
Consider the main signs (symptoms) that are pronounced or non-intense.
1. Curd discharge that is gray or white in color, with a sharp sour smell.
2. Severe itching. Mainly manifested and enhanced during intercourse, bathing, with increased physical activity.
3. Burning during intercourse.
4. Swelling, also accompanied by abundant redness of the perineum.
5. Pain when urinating.
As soon as you discover any signs of thrush, you need to consult a doctor.
Use of boric acid in the treatment of thrush can be using two options. The first capsule, the second douching (use of boric acid solution with a cotton swab).
We treat thrush with boric acid, it will help not only in the early stages of the disease, that in very neglected situations. Boric acid is a wonderful therapeutic drug that perfectly disinfects and is an antiseptic. To do this, buy in the pharmacy boric acid capsules. Use them as vaginal suppositories. Capsules due to the humid environment that is in the vagina and body temperature dissolve, and boric acid is released. The treatment period is seven days, you need to use capsules every day. Thrush can recur, so to avoid recurrence, you need to use capsules with boric acid three times a week. The course of treatment prevention three weeks. Please note that boric acid therapy can cause burning sensations, itching and discomfort. If all of these symptoms appear, discontinue treatment.
Prepare a solution of boric acid, which will process the vagina with a swab (it is better to use a cotton). For cooking you need a glass of boiled water and a teaspoon of boric acid. Stir well, until the acid is completely dissolved. Moisten the swab in the solution and place it in the vagina. Change the swab every two hours.
Boric acid is contraindicated in lactating women, children, pregnant women, and kidney disease. If skin peeling, headache, irritability, discomfort appear, refuse this drug or reduce the concentration of the solution.
Boric Acid Thrush Treatment
Thrush can be treated with boric acid in 2 variants. The first method consists in the use of capsules, the second - in douching (a solution of boric acid is applied using a cotton swab).
If boric acid is used in the treatment of thrush, then assistance is provided both in the early stages of the disease and in the case of extremely neglected situations. Boric acid is rightly considered a wonderful medicinal product, perfectly disinfecting and antiseptic. To do this, pharmacies buy boric acid in the form of capsules, which are used as vaginal suppositories. Humid environment, which is present in the vagina and dissolves the capsules through body temperature, leads to the release of boric acid. The duration of the treatment period is 7 days, during which the capsules are applied every day.
In order that the thrush does not recur, capsules with boric acid should be used 3 times a week. The duration of the course of prophylactic treatment is 3 weeks. In the process of treatment with boric acid, itching, discomfort and burning sensation occur. When these symptoms occur, treatment is terminated.
When treating with a solution of boric acid to treat the vagina, it is better to give preference to a cotton swab. Preparation is made on the basis of 1 cup of boiled water and 1 teaspoon of boric acid. Placement should occur until the acid is completely dissolved. A tampon soaked in solution is placed in the vagina with a shift interval of 2 hours.
Boric acid is contraindicated for use in children, pregnant or lactating women, in the presence of kidney disease. If peeling of the skin, headache, irritability or discomfort, the drug should be abandoned, or the concentration of the solution should be reduced.
Boric acid: the use of candidiasis
Like all acids, it corrodes the least resistant cell walls, causes coagulation of intracellular protein structures and their inevitable death. This applies equally to:
- viruses (due to the absence of cells, their DNA / RNA is destroyed),
- insects and parasitic worms (mites, lice, worms, but only stomach ones, as the substance requires direct contact with the pathogen),
- the simplest
- own cells of the body (horny cells are almost insensitive, and mucous membrane cells are well susceptible to destruction).
Boric acid is not an antibiotic, therefore it destroys healthy and infected cells equally effectively. Its properties of insecticide from blood-sicking insects and worms are explained by the ability to accumulate in cells of various types, including the liver / kidney / spleen parenchyma and neurons of the central nervous system. In its fight against insects and worms, the latter is especially important (causing their paralysis and death).
In candidiasis, it destroys the proteins of the mycelium and, especially valuable, the spores of fungi. For representatives of the genus Candida, this breeding method is atypical. But many pathogens of this type prefer it because of its reliability (the dense shell protects disputes from any negative external factors).
Contraindications and harm
Boric acid is toxic to the filtering cells of the excretory organs and the neurons of the peripheral and central parts of the nervous system by blocking their functions (reduces the permeability of the membranes). Serves as an abrasive and irritant for the tissues formed by granulocytes and mucous membranes. It readily accumulates, but is poorly eliminated from the body due to the inhibition of kidney activity — on average, over a week.
For these reasons, even in the USSR, boric acid was banned for use in newborns (at least up to a year, older - only by prescription), pregnant and lactating mothers. It is also not recommended for use for more than 5 days in a row (including in therapeutic doses):
- on open wounds,
- significantly damaged skin.
The drug is strictly contraindicated in hepatitis, cholecystitis, urolithiasis, gout, nephritis of any etiology, oliguria (urinary retention), if the area of the treated area exceeds 15% of the total (not more than ¼ of the surface of the back or abdomen). Chronic overdose can cause diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, a decrease in the volume of urine produced, and headaches. In acute and severe cases, the following are likely:
- indomitable vomiting and diarrhea,
- decrease in body temperature and blood pressure,
- prostration and loss of consciousness
- erythematous rash,
- immersion in coma
A deadly dose for an adult is considered 5-20 g of pure (not diluted) active ingredient. In each individual case, it must be calculated on the basis of the current state of the liver and kidneys, their excretory potential. When used exclusively for external use, taking into account contraindications, deaths have not yet been recorded - only on the basis of ingestion.
The most famous case, when it is recommended, is the system of “treating” cancer according to the “people's academician” (in fact, the scientific career of its author ended on admission to the post-graduate school of a technical university) B. V. Bolotov. This representative of alternative medicine is based on our own, not received scientific confirmation of the ideas about malignant tumors as plant cells with alkaline metabolism inside animal tissue with acid metabolism.
Accordingly, as a means of preventing and treating cancer, B. V. Bolotov recommends actively “acidifying” the organism by consuming food products and ingestion of weak aqueous solutions of acids. Increasing the acidity of all media, including blood, supposedly should kill the "alkaline" cells of the tumor. And salt, boric, silicon and other non-edible, toxic abrasives in his system are among the first.
Boric acid from thrush: application
This infectious disease causes a fungus-parasite of the genus Candida, breeding mycelium. Immediately after infection, its symptoms appear vividly, and after the first attempt at treatment, it subsides, the pathogen itself is organically incorporated into the composition of healthy microflora. In the future, patients are waiting for periodic exacerbations each time with dysbiosis.
Thrush is not only the genital tract - this fungus feels good in the mouth. Infection of the oral cavity in adults usually occurs during oral sex, in children, during the sucking of milk from the breast, which the mother had previously touched with contaminated mycelium with her fingers. An aqueous solution of boric acid 2-3% is one of the drugs shown for both sexes (and children older than 12 months) against it.
Means is not intended for preparation for the future and is not subject to storage. The amount of active ingredient required for the procedure is diluted immediately before douching / washing / lotion, rinsing or instillation. For the treatment of candidiasis exacerbations in women, boric acid is mixed with boiled or filtered water in the proportion of 1 tbsp. l 1 l of water is slightly warmer than body temperature (up to 40 0 С).
Douching with boric acid in thrush is carried out according to the standard - lying on its side, with knees pulled up to the chest, until the solution is exhausted. At the end of the remaining fluid should wipe the entire area of the vulva and labia majora to the femoral fold. In the acute stage, it is shown once a day, preferably at night. As the itching, burning, decrease in the volume of cheesy discharge decreases, the gap between the procedures increases to 48 and 72 hours, respectively. After the final attenuation of symptoms, another 1 “session” is recommended, but no more.
Washing from representatives of the stronger sex require dissolving 1 tsp. active ingredient in 50 ml of potable water with the same temperature as for women. In the process, special attention should be paid to the folds of the foreskin and the head of the penis under it (along with the entrance to the urethra). The entire pubis area should also be worked up to the femoral folds and behind the testicles, in the direction of the anus. The length of the course and the frequency of the procedures also depend on the severity of the exacerbation. More often than once a day, the use of the agent is not recommended, less often - on the contrary, it is shown. Very well, if the therapy does not take more than a week.
Up to 12 months it is contraindicated, in the future - is allowed to use by appointment of a pediatrician. Mouth rinses are prohibited for them up to 5 years or any age when a child learns to spit out liquid at the request of parents instead of swallowing. It is dissolved in 0.5 g per 30 ml of warm water and used externally - for rubbing (including diaper rash) and shallow douches (only for girls), on a schedule every other day, for a period not longer than 5 days. The gap between courses should be at least 14 days.
In general, boric acid is no more dangerous than any other antimycotic or antibiotic, especially a potent one, belonging to the last generation. Reviews of its effectiveness remain positive after repeated use due to the absence of addiction.
Egor, 21: “I use only different contacts after all the question-raising contacts. All drugs have side effects, only antifungal ointments should be changed every couple of uses. And disinfect with boric acid for a couple of days at least for the rest of your life. ”
Letitia, 35 years old: “It’s a pity that I don’t even know who“ awarded ”me with thrush. Or maybe it is for the better: I would know if I could have killed! Once a month, the ICP is consistently “updated”. But boric acid always saves, and for some reason, the critical days themselves pass after it easier. ”
Olesya, 46 years old: “I have candidiasis due to my youth very rarely. And now the doctor says, the age, the composition of the microflora is changing ... So I, what is the most offensive, cannot use boric "talker" and other simple antiseptics! Painfully dried, only begins to itch worse. I use Zalain, nothing to do. "
Symptoms of a yeast infection include:
- Itching, irritation, or burning sensation in the vulva
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Swelling and the appearance of cracks or tears in the skin in the vulva
- Cheesy discharge
If the above symptoms appear, you should consult a doctor. Treatment of candidiasis is likely to be complex. The use of antifungal drugs may help alleviate these symptoms. In addition, certain preventive measures should be taken. It is believed that boric acid can also be used to kill fungi. How to apply it is described below.
Treatment of candidiasis with boric acid
Boric acid - It is a chemical substance with antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It is a substance in the form of an odorless white powder or crystals, which is dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription for external use. It is placed in empty gelatin capsules, which are used as suppositories. During treatment it is recommended to use cushioning material for the bed, since discharge may occur.
Boric acid is produced by combining borax and sulfuric acid. It acts by increasing the acidity of the skin and making its surface unsuitable for the survival of fungi. This acid destroys fungal infections, while soothing and cleansing the affected skin. The dosage is usually 600 mg per day, and the duration of use is 14 days. The introduction of boric acid is carried out using capsules. The capsules are destroyed and release it. Do not use more than one 600 milligram capsule per day. It is best to use this tool before bedtime. Boric acid can cause irritation and burning of the skin. Its irritating effect can be minimized by using together with capsules with vitamin E or oil. Usually, the external use of boric acid gives positive results.
- Observe personal hygiene. Keep the genital area clean and dry.
- Clean the affected area with plenty of water. Try to avoid the use of soap, as it may increase the alkalinity of the skin, favoring the growth of fungi.
- Wear cotton or breathable underwear.
- Wear loose clothing.
- Change underwear after workouts. Also, change your wet swimsuit to dry clothes as soon as possible.
- After a bowel movement, wipe from front to back.
- Eat a healthy diet to strengthen your immune system. Increase the consumption of yoghurt without additives and garlic.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Although it is proven that boric acid helps in the treatment of yeast infections, if the infection does not go away, seek medical help, as well as follow the prevention measures listed above.
What is useful boric acid?
Boric acid is considered an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agent that successfully inhibits fungal and yeast microorganisms.
Unfortunately, these microorganisms are part of the microflora of the female vagina, but a healthy immune system is able to control them. Otherwise, the fungus multiplies and causes candidiasis. Every second woman faces candidiasis, so treatment and preventive measures become mandatory. If you do not treat the disease, it can result in complications, including infertility.
The procedure restores the level of acidity of the vagina.
Treatment and preventive measures include drug treatment and traditional methods. Douching or washing with a solution of boric acid helps to balance the pH of the vagina, not to mention the fact that the acid suppresses the pathogenic fungus and is a powerful antiseptic. In gynecology, there are even cases when the acid helped to remove the fungus in the most advanced stage. But before starting treatment you should be familiar with the positive and negative qualities of the remedy.
When is it allowed to use boric acid from thrush, and when is it prohibited?
Boric acid solution has antiseptic and fungicidal (neutralizes fungi and yeast) action. Based on these qualities, the following indications for the use of the solution are highlighted:
- inflammation of the skin - dermatitis,
- conjunctivitis - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the eye,
- otitis media - inflammation of the ear area,
- colpitis is an inflammatory process of the mucous membrane.
With the appearance of emetic urges, you must refuse to take the medication.
Но при этом кислота является ядовитой, поэтому нужно придерживаться дозировки, чтобы не вызвать побочных явлений. The ban on use applies to children under 15 years of age, pregnant women and people with kidney disease. In case of overdose, it is better to refuse to use. Overdose is indicated by the following symptoms:
- nausea, vomiting,
- skin rash,
- headaches, hair loss,
- severe burning in the genital area after the procedure.
An effective method of getting rid of thrush in women is considered to be douching boric solution. Douching is a medical procedure, the essence of which is to irrigate the vagina with drugs. For douching use pear-syringe. Doctors recommend women to douche twice a day with a solution of a teaspoon of boric acid per liter of boiled water. Procedure spend a week. In the absence of adverse symptoms in order to prevent the procedure continues for another 3 weeks. By the way, rinsing with thrush with a solution is also allowed to eliminate the unpleasant itching and burning of the labia. It is important not to overdo it, so as not to overdry the skin.
In the form of capsules
It is possible to treat candidiasis not only with a solution, but also with boric acid capsules. In the finished form they are sold in a pharmacy. The essence of the treatment is as follows: the suppository is inserted into the vagina, and as a result of the dissolution of the capsule from body temperature, boric acid is released. For a positive result, the use of capsules daily for the week is recommended.
How is thrush treated in newborns?
Thrush - the lot not only adults. Symptoms of thrush in newborns are manifested due to weak immunity and are transmitted, as a rule, from adults. Candida stomatitis is a fungal infection that develops in the mouth, as a result, the crumb will be capricious and refuse to eat. But boric acid, even in minimum concentration, is prohibited to use, since harmful substances in the composition easily penetrate the affected mucosa. As a result, the child may begin vomiting, convulsions, and the kidneys work will be disturbed. It is better to use weak solutions of soda, iodine, hydrogen peroxide, but only after consulting a doctor.
What can replace boric solution?
It happens that the treatment is contraindicated or the therapy had to be canceled due to uncomfortable sensations. Then come to the aid means of a similar action: hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate, chlorophyllipt. In addition, herbal extracts of chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort, and oak bark will be helpful. These tools can be used not only for the treatment of the vagina, but also other places on the body affected by candidiasis. Required are washing with soap and lactic acid. Lactic acid is an alternative to washing with boric solution, which will not cause dryness and burning.
How to apply Sodium Tetraborate for thrush
For many years, unsuccessfully struggling with the dairy?
The head of the Institute: “You will be amazed how easy it is to cure a thrush by taking each day.
The modern pharmaceutical market impresses with its range. For the treatment of thrush produced a huge amount of drugs. Despite the huge selection of drugs, it is difficult to choose an effective means. For this reason, it is recommended not to self-medicate, and if signs of thrush are found, contact a gynecologist. Many drugs, despite the high price, are ineffective. Alternative medications come to the rescue. One of these drugs can be considered Sodium Tetraborate, which is quite cheap, while coping well with the symptoms of candidiasis.
For the treatment of thrush, our readers successfully use Candiston. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
Specificity of the drug
Sodium tetraborate, which is a local antiseptic, helps in the treatment of candidiasis. Sodium tetraborate is a salt of boric acid, which can also be obtained by mixing it with sodium hydroxide. These crystals are called borax. They are perfectly soluble in glycerin, water.
For the treatment of candidiasis borax is dissolved in glycerin. This is due to the fact that the combination of glycerol and crystals has a good viscosity, therefore, it remains on the mucous membrane for a long time without any irritation. It is recommended to use a twenty percent solution, where 100 ml of the preparation contains about 20 grams of salt crystals.
The solution is used as an antiseptic preparation of local exposure. The main indications for its use: thrush genitals and urinary tract, candidal lesion of the mouth. Also borax is actively used in the treatment of strong diaper rash, pressure sores. Thanks to the antimicrobial effect of borax, it is used to treat upper respiratory tract inflammation. Sodium tetraborate is not recommended for pregnant women, as well as during lactation and for the treatment of newborns.
Features of the treatment of thrush
The use of the proposed solution in the treatment of candidiasis has several forms: soaking a tampon, rinsing and others.
To treat thrush throat and oral cavity can be rinsed, for this is used a solution of borax and glycerin. You can also lubricate the affected areas with this solution. The procedure is repeated three times a day. The duration of one therapeutic course, depending on the severity of the inflammatory process is 3-7 days.
In the treatment of thrush urinary system, borax is used for lubrication and douching. The fight against vaginal thrush is carried out using tampons that need to be plentifully soaked in a solution, injected into the vagina, left for thirty minutes. Before performing such a manipulation, it is recommended to wash and douche using an antiseptic solution (chamomile decoction and others). The duration of therapy is seven days. The number of manipulations is based on the severity and intensity of the clinical picture.
For the effectiveness of therapy it is necessary to follow the rules of hygiene, a certain diet, and also strictly follow the instructions of the doctor. Remember that the goal of treatment is not only removing the symptoms, but also eliminating the causative agent.
Instructions for use of sodium tetraborate for thrush
- How to apply
- Possible side effects
Sodium tetraborate is also called borax in glycerol - it is an antiseptic, and it is also a bacteriostatic drug. This medical product is of high quality and inexpensive. Sodium tetraborate helps to prevent the development of pathogenic bacteria and at the same time stops their spread, therefore, the drug is actively used to treat thrush in women.
Sodium tetraborate are crystals of boric acid, they are formed after combination with sodium hydroxide. Such a substance tends to dissolve almost completely not only in water, but also in glycerin.
Even in ancient times, glycerol borax was used in the treatment of diseases of the genital organs. Crystals mixed with glycerin have a high viscosity, they fall on the mucous membranes and linger there. A characteristic feature of this mixture is that it does not irritate the mucous. One hundred grams of the solution contains twenty grams of salt crystals. In medicine, use a 20% solution of sodium tetraborate.
The drug inhibits the growth of microorganisms and contributes to the disruption of the vital activity of some species of fungi, and also prevents them from attaching to the mucous membrane. This property has become widely used in the fight against thrush, as the drill helps to reduce the number of fungi Candida.
Before using the drug, be sure to read the instructions. This remedy is very toxic, so it should not be abused. Buru is best applied at the initial stage of thrush. When the disease is already running, the drug is used as a supplement to other medicines, which are prescribed by the doctor.
Sodium tetraborate is produced in dark bottles of 30 g or 50 g, as well as in the form of a powder (30 g).
Possible side effects
If the drug is used correctly, it does not cause any side effects. If the recommendations are violated, then a burning sensation will appear, the skin may redden, swelling, dermatitis or weakness will appear.
If the side effects are very pronounced, then you should immediately stop using the drug, wash the skin and look for alternative treatment.
In women who have previously experienced high sensitivity to the components of the drug, new contact with the brown is undesirable. Often, an overdose of the drug can cause vomiting and diarrhea, as well as provoke various irritations on sensitive skin.
Sodium tetraborate needs to be taken only locally, but not inside. Keep it in a dark place away from children. Never use the drug after the expiration date. During the entire period of treatment it is necessary to eliminate the use of alcohol, because it only multiplies the toxic effect.
- sodium tetraborate has a very high level of toxicity, so you need to comply with the specified dosage,
- It has an irritating effect on the vaginal mucosa, so there may be a burning sensation and hyperemia develops,
- allergic reactions are possible, so after the first use it is necessary to carefully monitor the condition of the woman,
- the drug requires regular use, the course can not be interrupted, otherwise there will be no effect of the treatment,
- contraindicated nursing and pregnant.
But there are advantages to the drug:
- facility is available
- acceptable price,
- not addictive,
- not develop resistance to the components of the drug.
Sodium tetraborate is an effective remedy that helps women eliminate thrush. Their reviews are mostly always only positive about this drug. The treatment process is quite simple, it can be used by women of any age, and it is inexpensive. But it should be remembered that you only need to apply borax according to the instructions, namely, to adhere to the indicated dosage and to monitor your health during the treatment process. If any problems arise during the treatment, you should immediately consult a specialist.
What to do douche for thrush: compositions and action
Most of the fair sex are faced with a very unpleasant disease - thrush. One of the most effective means in the fight against this nuisance is considered to be douching. So, douching for thrush, rules of the procedure, recipes and much more - on.
What is the essence of the procedure
In order to fight this disease, there are a large number of drugs, as well as many folk remedies. But they will not be able to immediately remove these unpleasant symptoms. Therefore, to alleviate the condition it is recommended to douche. Douching almost immediately removes for a certain time all the discomfort.
This procedure is a washout of the vagina with special solutions. But you can not use it without a doctor's prescription, although it is considered fairly simple and harmless at first glance.
It is important! The procedure is not recommended for certain categories of women - pregnant women who are in menopause, after abortion, childbirth, before visiting a gynecologist.
Rules of conducting:
- To carry out the procedure, it is necessary to purchase a rubber vessel, a gynecological syringe or an Esmarch’s mug with a special tip,
- it is best to douche before bedtime, to remove unpleasant irritation and sleep well,
- before the procedure it is necessary to wash with warm water
- for douching they lie on the bed, it is better to cover the sheet with an oilcloth and put a rubber vessel under it.
- pre-fill the syringe with a pre-prepared solution, spread your legs and gently insert the tip into the vagina without damaging its walls. Slightly pressing enter the contents. The solution is good to wash the vaginal walls and pours into the vessel,
- It takes about 10 minutes. Then you need to lie down for 15-20 minutes.
Symptoms of thrush should go through the week. If this does not happen, you must contact your doctor. Perhaps the treatment was carried out incorrectly.
Like all procedures, douching for thrush has its negative sides and consequences:
- It can not be done too often, because the microflora in the vagina is broken, it can lead to another disease - vaginosis,
- You can not douch before visiting the doctor, because the leaching of milestones of bacteria occurs, the diagnosis will be wrong,
- During pregnancy it is forbidden to douche yourself, treatment can only be carried out by a medical professional in a medical institution. Look at the material on how to treat thrush during pregnancy can be.
- During menstruation, it is forbidden to douche, since microbes can penetrate the uterus,
- You can not carry out the procedure after an abortion and childbirth, while taking contraceptives, you must wait about 1-1.5 months
- It is forbidden to douche those women who have inflammation of the genitals and cervical erosion.
Baking soda is considered to be the most common and proven means for syringing. It from the acidic environment in the vagina creates an alkaline, while destroying fungi. Therefore, unpleasant itching and discharge cease.
Before doing douching with soda in case of thrush, it is necessary to take into account that excessive washing with sodium bicarbonate leads to drying of the mucous membrane and the appearance of inflammation, as well as allergy to alkali.
For the solution is taken 1 liter of warm water, a tablespoon of soda is added to it, everything is thoroughly mixed. Then you need a syringe, this is a special can with a tip. It is necessary to fill it with soda solution and lie down on the bed, having enclosed a rubber vessel. Slowly enter the soda solution into the vagina. This procedure should be done 2-3 times a day, until the symptoms of the disease disappear. After the procedure, you need to lie down a bit. Soda will create an alkaline environment in which Candida fungus will die. The duration of treatment is 5-6 days. Read more about how to conduct douching soda with thrush and reviews about this tool.
This is a ready-made solution that is easy to get at the pharmacy. Take 1 tbsp. l solution and mixed with 1 liter of warm water. This solution is first washed genitals, and then douche.
For the treatment of thrush, our readers successfully use Candiston. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
Another effective remedy for douching is Miramistin. It is allowed to use even during pregnancy and lactation. He fights well with different types of bacteria and yeast-like fungi, kills pathogens of venereal diseases.
Everyone knows the yellow pills, which are most often used for gargling with sore throat, is also very effective for thrush. To obtain a solution of furatsilina in 0.5 liters of boiling water dissolve 5 tablets, cool to body temperature and syringe.
Chamomile is also considered to be an easy and affordable means of douching. It can be prepared in advance, dried in the shade of flowers or purchased at a pharmacy. To prepare the infusion for douching with chamomile for thrush, you will need a thermos, 0.5 liters of boiling water is poured into it, and 1 tbsp is poured. spoon of chamomile. To enhance the effect in the same proportion, you can add oak bark.
Insist for several hours. Then the gauze is taken, it must be folded in several layers and strain the resulting infusion, then dial it in a syringe and do the procedure in the prone position, as with soda. The duration of treatment is about 5 days. It would be nice to alternate with soda douching.
In addition to herbs, the pharmacy sells a product obtained from chamomile flowers in the form of a solution - Romazulan. It is more convenient for this procedure. Need to take 1.5 Art. l means and mix with warm boiled water and hold douching. In addition, the solution contains chamomile oil, it will not only destroy the fungus, relieve swelling, but also soften the irritated walls of the vagina.
Effectively even when running thrush. Preparing a pale pinkish solution, which is used for douching. The procedure should be carried out several times a day. The cure comes in 5 days.
In the pharmacy you can buy a ready-made solution of chlorhexidine. It is sold in a plastic bottle with a tip. Therefore, it is necessary to take a recumbent posture and insert the tip into the vagina, squeeze the solution.
It is not recommended to get up right away, it is advisable to lie down for a while. This tool can not be used more than the prescribed treatment time. It can cause an allergic reaction or destroy the whole vaginal microflora, cause bacterial vaginosis.
Tea Tree Oil
Pre-mix a mixture of medical alcohol and tea tree oil. Everything is taken in the same proportions. Before douching 0.5 L of warm water, 5 drops of the mixture are added. Dialed into the syringe and inserted into the vagina. It is necessary to carry out treatment about a week before bedtime.You can alternate with douching soda with thrush. For the treatment of fibroids gynecologists recommend the use of boron uterus.
Infusion of raspberry and sage leaves
This tool is time-tested, it effectively fights candida. To prepare the infusion are taken in equal quantities leaves of raspberry and sage. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of the mixture is added to a thermos and poured with 0.5 lire of hot water, insisted for several hours, then filtered through a sieve or several layers of gauze, cooled a little, add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and perform the procedure.
This wonderful fragrant yellow-flowering plant actively fights fungus. For douching brew 1 tbsp. a bed of dried raw materials and 0.5 lire of boiling water, cool, filter and perform douching. It is recommended to drink this broth in parallel several times a day.
For the preparation of funds taken 1 tbsp. l dry grass and brewed with 1 cup of boiling water. But there are contraindications, if in addition to thrush there are the following diseases: bronchial asthma, epilepsy and disturbances in the work of the cardiovascular system, then use this tool is prohibited.
This solution can be purchased at the pharmacy already in finished form. This type of therapy is more effective in the initial stage of the disease. Before the procedure, it is necessary to wash with a pink solution of potassium permanganate, and only then do syringing. Usually given several times a day, after the symptoms begin to decrease, sufficient 1 procedure in the evening.
Bow and hunter
This tool has established itself as a powerful antiseptic. Excellent destroys Candida fungus. For its preparation to prepare a decoction of Hypericum, 0.5 liters of boiling water, taken 2 tbsp. spoon dry grass and infused for several hours in a thermos. Then the juice of one fresh onion is dropped into the cooled and filtered solution and douching is carried out.
Another frequently prescribed douching agent is hydrogen peroxide. It belongs to the natural antioxidants. It effectively fights various microorganisms, including viruses and fungi. It can be purchased at the pharmacy in the form of a 3% solution. For the procedure takes 1 tbsp. spoon of hydrogen peroxide and mixed with 0.5 liters of warm water. Everything is well shaken and inserted into the vagina.
Douching with hydrogen peroxide in thrush is desirable to do at bedtime, it helps to get rid of unpleasant sensations almost immediately, 3-5 procedures are enough for the disappearance of itching and cheesy discharge. Other popular ways of treating thrush home are proven to be effective.
Lemon juice, boric acid or apple cider vinegar
Especially if the disease is not prolonged, an acid solution can help restore the vaginal microflora. For its preparation will need 1 tsp. lemon, boric acid or apple vinegar, which is diluted in warm boiled water. This solution is used for douching.
A popular antiseptic complex preparation that will reliably destroy all microbes and fungi in the vagina. It consists of 3 components at once: hexamidine, chlorhexidine, chlorocresol. For the procedure you need to dilute with water in the ratio of 1:10. With the introduction of cyteal long acting on fungi for 18 hours. It does not irritate the walls, its gynecologists are also prescribed for pregnant women.
The pharmacy sells means of plant nature - malovit. It copes with different microbes and relieves swelling well. 15 ml of solution are taken, it is dissolved in 300 ml of water and treated. The course is about 5-7 days.
Another effective remedy for syringing with thrush is the well-known antiseptic - iodine. It is necessary to make the following solution: 1 tbsp is taken for 1 l of water. l baking soda and 10 drops of iodine, everything is well mixed and treated.
So, there are a large number of different tools for douching for candidiasis. But remember that only the attending physician can prescribe the most appropriate treatment, taking into account the extent of the disease, its effectiveness and tolerability. It is better not to self-medicate, but to trust a specialist.
Advantages and disadvantages of boric acid
Among the positive aspects of use should be allocated relative cheapness. You can buy the drug in virtually any pharmacy. Its cost is significantly lower than that of some other medicines for thrush. Moreover, the ease of use definitely happy. Acid is sold in the form of powder, prepared solution or capsules, which is very convenient. The tool has an antiseptic effect and destroys harmful fungi that are present on the vaginal mucosa, and helps get rid of thrush even in severely neglected cases.
Like any other medicine, boric acid has its drawbacks. They need to be studied in advance to prevent undesirable consequences. Possible side effects such as:
- Dizziness and fever.
- Allergic reactions that appear on the skin (significant redness, rash, small blisters and dryness).
- Violation of the urinary system is manifested in a decrease in the amount of urine.
- Problems with the work of the kidneys.
- Nausea and severe vomiting.
There are also some negative effects from an overdose of the drug:
- Malfunction of the central nervous system. In this regard, seizures, tremor of the hands and eyelids may occur. There are also cases where people fell into a coma, and even deaths occurred.
- Women need to properly calculate dosages, because there is a threat of hormonal disruption and the loss of the possibility of having children. That is why this drug is less and less prescribed by specialists.
- If used improperly, boric acid can cause burns.
When using this drug, you must carefully study the instructions and follow the recommendations.
How to treat thrush with boric acid?
There are several effective recipes that help to get rid of candidiasis during the week:
- You will need to buy boric acid in powder form. In half a liter of boiling water should be added only an incomplete teaspoon of the drug. Next, you need to mix everything thoroughly and allow the resulting mixture to infuse and cool. Prior to douching a woman should take a shower. It is recommended to perform this procedure twice a day, seven days in a row until all symptoms disappear. If suddenly the thrush during this time has not receded, then it is possible to continue the treatment, but already once in three days.
- The best option is definitely the capsules. They need to enter into the vagina in the evening or before bedtime. During the day it is better not to carry out the procedure, because after the introduction of the capsule it is necessary to lie down without standing up for several hours.
- If there are no capsules in the pharmacy, then dilute a teaspoon with boric acid with a liter of liquid and moisten a tampon in it. But there is one significant nuance. Tampons should be replaced every two and a half hours. This method of treatment is not entirely convenient, because it is unlikely that you will be able to perform the procedure in a timely manner at work or on the street.
Anyway, for the complete disappearance of the manifestations of thrush, auxiliary means will be required, for example, candles. Comprehensive treatment is much more effective than the use of a single drug. You should also take into account that boric acid can create significant discomfort and even cause burning in the genital area. Before giving preference to such a tool, it is better to consult a gynecologist.
In conclusion, we note that boric acid is indeed used to treat thrush, but it has too many serious side effects. It is undesirable to use this drug during pregnancy, lactation and for children. Also, it will not benefit women who suffer from kidney impairment.
The use of boric acid in the treatment of thrush due to its pharmacological properties. It is antifungal, antibacterial and disinfectant. It has the appearance of a white crystalline powder. The crystals dissolve well in alcohol and water of any temperature. The chemical formula of the substance is H3BO3.
Using boric acid from thrush, you can:
- suppress the activity of pathogenic bacteria,
- destroy yeast-like fungi.
In addition to effective control of yeast fungi, the solution allows you to restore the impaired vaginal microflora.
Indications and Contraindications
Douching with boric acid for candidiasis in women is indicated in the presence of such symptoms:
- itching, burning and soreness in the genital area,
- discomfort during intercourse,
- pathogenic vaginal discharge - astringent or curd consistency,
- swelling of the mucous membranes of the genital organs,
- the presence of yeast fungi in the smear,
- elevated white blood cell count.
The method has contraindications:
- first week after delivery,
- menstruation period
- kidney disease
With proper use of the tool, given its indications and contraindications, it is possible to conduct effective home treatment for thrush.
Application in gynecology
In the recent past, experts prescribed the use of H3BO3 in the treatment of vaginal candidiasis in women as part of complex therapy. Boric acid is also used in modern gynecology to eliminate the signs of thrush and normalize the vaginal microflora.
The tool is used in the form of a fluid for the rehabilitation of the vagina - cleansing from pathogenic microorganisms. For the preparation of therapeutic solution, you can use two methods:
- One teaspoon of H3BO3 must be dissolved in 1 liter of water.
- Two tablets of the substance of 0.02 g dissolved in 200 ml of water.
Prepared means to use for douching 2 times a day during the week. The procedure should be carried out in the morning after waking up and in the evening before bedtime.
Remediation of the vagina at home can be carried out in another way: moisten a cotton swab in a solution of boric acid, enter inside and leave for 3 hours. The course of treatment is 1 week.
With prolonged use of boric acid or exceeding the recommended dosage in the treatment of candidiasis side effects are not excluded:
- vomiting, nausea, dizziness, diarrhea,
- convulsive states
- skin rash,
- peeling of the skin,
- reduction of urine excretion
- hair loss,
- reproductive impairment.
To avoid such unpleasant consequences, the course of therapy should not last longer than 3 weeks. Before treating thrush with this method, you should consult with a specialist.
Quite often, in the treatment of candidiasis, women turn to traditional medicine. In addition to dosing with boric acid, douching with potassium permanganate has proven itself well. You can read more about the technique of the procedure in a separate article on our website.
If you want to quickly get rid of the symptoms of vaginal candidiasis and the pathogen that caused the pathology, you should give preference to modern drugs.
Contraindications and effective dosages
The drug is not prescribed to children under 15 years of age, patients with kidney disease, pregnant, with individual intolerance. Boric acid in a solution of various concentrations is applied to limited areas of the body.
Effective dosages of boric acid:
- Alcohol solution with a concentration of the active substance from 0.5% to 3% is prescribed for otitis. The drug is applied to turunda 5 drops 3 times a day.
- Aqueous solution is indicated for eczema and dermatitis. The concentration of boric acid in this case is 3%. The solution is prepared immediately before the treatment of the skin.
- Conjunctivitis - 2% aqueous solution.
- Mucous membranes with colpitis, diaper rash lubricate 10% solution of boric acid in glycerin.
The side effects of the drug develop with prolonged use or overdose of the drug. In this case, there is:
- Dyspeptic symptoms - vomiting, nausea, impaired defecation
- Neurological - headaches, convulsions
- Dermatological - rashes, epithelial desquamation
- Urinary system - reducing urinary excretion.
In case of drug overdose, the following pathological processes develop:
- Intoxication, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Violation of the central nervous system, up to the development of coma, seizures and death
- Various rashes
- Exhaustion, hair loss
- Impaired reproductive function in women.
The treatment is aimed at removing general intoxication. Dialysis is indicated.
Interaction with other drugs is not described.
Available in bottles of 40 g. Released from pharmacies without a prescription. Store boric acid should be in a dark place at a temperature of +8 to +15 degrees.
Boric acid and candidiasis in women
Candidiasis or thrush is a disease caused by a fungus of the genus Candida. This microorganism is a permanent resident of the genital organs and belongs to the conditionally pathogenic flora. As long as its amount is less than 10 5, candida does not cause concern to women.
With the failure of immunity: cold, antibiotic treatment, excess diet, during pregnancy - the fungus begins to actively multiply.
- Pain, burning, itching in the genital area
- Discharge from the genital organs - cheesy, viscous
- Hyperemia of the mucous membranes
- In a smear, the presence of yeast is determined, the number of leukocytes is increased.
In the recent past, gynecologists prescribed boric acid douching as part of a complex treatment of candidiasis of the genital organs. To prepare the solution will require 1 teaspoon of boric acid and 1 liter of boiled water. Douching with thrush held 2 times a day for 1 week.
Another option for the rehabilitation of the vagina with thrush involves the use of a cotton swab soaked in boric acid. The concentration of the standard solution - 5 g per 1 liter of water. The tampon is impregnated with the drug, injected into the vagina and left for 3 hours. After 3 hours, a new swab should be inserted. The course of treatment is 1 week.
A more convenient form of the drug is capsules. The suppository is inserted into the vagina overnight. The duration of treatment for thrush is 7 days. Then they switch to supporting procedures and use candles 3 times a week for 3 weeks.
Boric acid capsules are ordered from pharmacies or made independently.
Boric acid analogs for the treatment of candidiasis
On the shelves of pharmacies presented a wide list of drugs used for thrush in women.
- Tantum Rose in sachets - producer Angelina Francesco Italy. The active substance is benzydamine. It is indicated for the complex treatment of colpitis, rehabilitation of the vagina before and after surgical interventions. The powder is diluted in 0.5 of water. Douching is carried out 1 time per day.
- Flucanazole capsules - PJSC Monform, Ukraine. Antifungal agent of system-wide action. Active ingredient fluconazole. Take 1 capsule in 1 and 4 days of treatment. When running thrush will require another 1 reception - on the 7th day of treatment.
- Levarol candles - Nizhpharm, Russian Federation. Active ingredient ketoconazole. Active against candida, and other conditionally pathogenic flora. When thrush prescribed 1 suppository for the night. The course of treatment from 5 to 10 days.
- Kanesten 500 - vaginal cream. Manufacturer Kern Pharma concern Bayer. Active ingredient Kliorimazole. The drug is administered at night once.
To summarize: boric acid has antifungal effect, but has a large number of contraindications and side effects. Not used to treat children and teenagers and pregnant.
The duration of treatment with this drug is up to 3 weeks. At that time, a course of treatment with modern means lasts 1 to 3 days. Almost all of them are allowed during pregnancy.
Boric acid, although used by our mothers or grandmothers, does not automatically make it the best treatment for thrush.
Do not self-medicate, as candidiasis has similar symptoms with other infectious diseases of the reproductive sphere in women.
General care guidelines
Careful care of the genitals plays a crucial role in the treatment of candidiasis in women. Haste or elementary laziness slows down the process of recovery. Intimate zone hygiene rules must be strictly observed:
before the next washing of the genital organs, you must first wash your hands, otherwise the bacteria from the skin of the hands will fall on the vaginal mucosa,
- need to be washed at least twice a day: after sleep, at night and after sexual contact,
- in order not to transfer bacteria from the intestine into the vagina, it is necessary to wash it properly: from the pubis to the tailbone,
- it is not recommended to take a hot bath often,
- in order to avoid infection, it is necessary to have an individual towel for each family member,
- when choosing pharmacy products for intimate care, you should pay attention to the composition: dyes, flavors, fragrances can cause itching and irritation, which already cause a lot of discomfort during thrush,
Lactic acid should be included in the intimate hygiene product: it regulates the state of microflora in the internal genital organs,
- запрещается подмываться обычным или антибактериальным мылом: его состав высушивает слизистую и уничтожает полезную микрофлору у женщин,
- toilet paper should be soft and white, it is better not to use colored products during treatment;
- underwear changes daily (however, this rule applies to even healthy women).
During menstruation, it is desirable to change the gasket after 3 hours.
Important! Tampons for thrush cannot be used, because in such a "closed space" optimal conditions are created for the reproduction of a fungal infection.
Do not welcome the use of gynecologists daily pads. Wet and warm environment is an ideal place for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
Women with thrush need to forget about thongs, synthetic underwear, and in the summer - no walks on the beach in a wet bathing suit. Poor ventilation in tight lingerie and friction against the skin provokes cystitis and thrush.
In the period of acute candidiasis, it is advisable to iron the panties with a hot iron without steam, change the towel for the intimate zone daily. Doctors strongly recommend giving up sexual contacts for the period of treatment, otherwise thrush will pursue both partners for a long time.
Douching, washing away with soda solution and other procedures should be coordinated with the doctor to prevent disruption of the acid-base balance of the vaginal microflora.
Comprehensive treatment of thrush includes systemic drugs (pills) and local remedies (baths, douching, medical tampons). So, what to wash with thrush:
- Soda. A solution of baking soda neutralizes the acidic environment in which the fungus multiplies. Proportions: for 1 liter of boiled water a tablespoon of soda is diluted. Rinse no more than 2 times a day, otherwise alkali together with the fungus can wash out the useful flora and provoke bacterial vaginosis.
Oak bark and a mixture of medicinal herbs. Another popular remedy for thrush in women. For infusion mixed: 3 tbsp. l oak bark, 1 tbsp. l lavender, succession and nettle. Herbal medicine pour 170 ml of boiling water and leave to infuse for two hours. The infusion is diluted with boiled water to the volume of a glass. Used for scrubbing 2 times a day.
- Boric acid. A teaspoon of boric acid in the powder is dissolved in a glass of boiled water (hot). Cool to room temperature and apply for scrubbing.
- Decoction of medicinal plants. It is necessary to mix 2 tbsp. l marigold, chamomile, celandine, sage and brew a glass of boiling water. Strain the broth after half an hour and add another 200 ml. water.
- Potassium permanganate The water in the solution should be pale pink. Too concentrated solution can cause burns to mucous membranes.
Burdock root. Often used in inflammatory processes in women. Infusion is recommended not only for washing away, but also for the use inside. For treatment will require 5 tbsp. l chopped fresh burdock root. The plant must be boiled for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Eucalyptus. 1 tbsp. l dry grass eucalyptus need to brew 0.5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for 30 minutes. Strain and use for washing and rubbing genitals.
- Honey water. The ratio of medicinal solution: 1 part honey to 10 parts water. Honey solution effectively relieves irritation, itching, swelling, it is allowed to use the future moms and nursing women.
The main rule when using folk recipes - the exact dosage of products and pure boiled water.
Solutions based on soda, boric acid and potassium permanganate are allowed to use only 7 days. Do not forget that washing away will not replace the systemic drugs prescribed by the doctor.
Gels with lactic acid
The use of funds with lactic acid relieves the unpleasant manifestations of candidiasis: burning, itching, redness of the mucous membrane. Acids increase the number of lactobacilli in the microflora in women, which speeds up the healing process from a fungal infection.
So, what can be washed with thrush? Below is a list of pharmacy tools for intimate hygiene:
Lactacyd Femina is the most popular care product for women, there is a wide range of drugs in the form of a liquid, mousse, gel.
- Epigen Intim - the gel contains glycyrrhizic acid, which fights against pathogens. The gel is used strictly for its intended purpose, that is, in the treatment of inflammatory processes. Prolonged use of Epigenes intima can cause irritation or allergic reactions of the mucous membranes,
- Gel for intimate hygiene Nivea — gel contains bisabolol - this substance soothes irritated skin and prevents inflammation in the intimate area. Chamomile extract and lactic acid help to normalize the pH level,
- Carefree Sensitive - instead of lactic acid, manufacturers added an analogue: citric acid. Cosmetic gel does not contain harmful additives, gently cleanses the delicate zone, does not contribute to the relapse of thrush. Judging by the reviews, girls prefer this gel for price-quality ratio,
Vagisil - contains lactoprebiotics that are designed to preserve the natural balance of microflora. Hypoallergenic, allowed during pregnancy, suitable for owners of sensitive skin,
- Ginokomfort - except lactic acid, the gel contains tea tree oil and chamomile extract. These components effectively eliminate inflammation on the mucous membrane.
Before using intimate hygiene gels, it is advisable to consult a gynecologist.
The most difficult to treat chronic candidiasis. The success of treatment of thrush depends on the patience of the woman, strict adherence to the course of treatment prescribed by the doctor, it is important to observe the rules of personal hygiene. With an integrated approach, the thrush will disappear and will not be felt for a long time.
Self-douching for thrush
Thrush is an infectious disease caused by the yeast fungus Candida. From this and the name of candidiasis. This fungus is present in the body of each woman in the optimal amount that does not harm and does not cause any damage to the body. At the time of the disease, the yeast fungus is activated and begins to multiply diligently, causing unpleasant sensations.
Symptoms of the disease is very pronounced: itching, burning and cheesy discharge with an unpleasant odor. Treatment for candidiasis is complex, including medication (antibiotics and eubiotics), oral administration and local effects (douching, baths). Than to douche for thrush at home, it is imperative to negotiate with your doctor. It is only after his approval to use syringing as an additional treatment for candidiasis.
Douching from old years is used in therapeutic and prophylactic purposes in the fight against gynecological diseases. With the help of a medicinal solution, all fungal infections and harmful bacteria are washed out from the vagina. There are a large number of both medical fluids and recipes of traditional medicine.
It is important not to get involved in douching, since this procedure is an artificial washing out not only of fungal and harmful bacteria, but also a violation of the natural microflora of the vagina. Overdoing with douching, you can attract other ailments, including endometritis, inflammation of the uterus, endometriosis and others.
How to douche?
For the positive impact of the means used and the safety of the genitals, you should know how to do syringing with thrush. For syringing is used syringe or Esmarch's mug. Before the procedure, the syringe should be washed with boiling water and rubbed with alcohol, and after manipulation it should be disinfected with a light manganese solution.
Pour the finished medicinal solution into the syringe and inject 5–7 cm inside the vagina. Syringe should be carefully: the jet should not be strong, so as not to fall deep into the uterus, but only to wash the vagina. This procedure is best done lying down for maximum comfort. During one procedure, it is necessary to use 200–300 ml of liquid.
After the manipulation should not make sudden movements. It is recommended to stay in a prone position for half an hour.
The use of douching in pregnant women can harm not only the personal organism, but also the baby. Many recipes for douching are completely prohibited during pregnancy. Therefore, in this situation it is not necessary to engage in any self-treatment, especially to resort to syringing. Any procedure must be approved by a medical professional.
Having washed the vagina with the medicinal solution, it cannot be the only and frequent method of dealing with thrush. It is carried out only in combination with medical treatment. After douching, doctors recommend applying antifungal ointment.
Soda solution against thrush
In the treatment of thrush soda has the best effect on the microflora of the mucous membrane. Yeast fungus, like many other fungi, prefer an acidic environment. Soda is an alkaline product. Therefore, when douche with soda solution, fungi are not easily washed out, soda completely destroys fungal microfibers.
To prepare a soda solution at home, you need to combine 1 teaspoon of soda with 1 liter of boiled cooled water.
Dosing with soda solution should be repeated 2-3 times a day. This will help relieve itching, burning, and pain when urinating. Soda does not have a lasting effect, so it will help to remove unpleasant symptoms only for a short time.
Douching infusions and decoctions of herbs and plants
Medicinal properties of plants and herbs tested by many years of experience of women. To combat thrush the most effective are:
- Oak bark,
- St. John's Wort and others.
On their composition, you can prepare infusions, decoctions and teas, which are used for internal reception, wetting tampons, baths and douching.
Each of the herbs has a healing effect:
For the treatment of thrush, our readers successfully use Candiston. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
- Calendula - antimicrobial and healing effects,
- chamomile - anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action, and also normalizes the mucous membrane of the microflora,
- St. John's wort - anti-inflammatory,
- sage - astringent, disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic,
- yarrow - astringent and healing,
- Oak bark - astringent, anti-inflammatory, soothing.
Recipes effective means to combat thrush:
- 1 st. l oak bark, chamomile, sage and 3 tbsp. l nettle mix thoroughly. Two Art. l collection pour 1 liter of boiling water. Leave it overnight.
- Combine 3 tsp. Chamomile flowers and 1 liter of boiling water. Let it brew for 2 hours. Strain before use.
- 2 tbsp. l Hypericum infuse in 1 liter of boiling water for 2 hours. After that, add the juice of the halves of the onion to the infusion and mix thoroughly.
- Mix 20 g of yarrow herb, rosemary and sage leaves, 40 g of oak bark. Collect pour 3 liters of water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp. l calendula, chamomile, yarrow and pour the collection of 2 cups of boiling water. Leave infused to cool.
Herbal medicine is the safest and most effective method for choosing what to douche with thrush.
Essential oils against candida
When the treatment of thrush takes place at home, the goal of the patient is to apply the most effective folk remedies. A tremendous positive effect on thrush has essential oils of natural antifungal agents. Tea tree oil, melaleuki, myrrh, lavender oil and others are widely distinguished from the multitude.
To use any essential oil as a douching, it is necessary to take into account the fact that this substance is very concentrated, so it should be well diluted. For cooking, it is necessary to dilute 2 drops of base oil in 1 tsp. quality vodka, and then mixed with half a liter of water. Such a solution can be successfully used for washing and douching.
For an improved effect, you can add a couple drops of oil to the liquid soap for intimate hygiene and wash off after each emptying.
Improvised means for thrush
From thrush can also help funds that are on hand at any hostess. For example, the usual household or tar soap, potassium permanganate, hydrogen peroxide and so on. Such options than douche with thrush very much.
- Laundry soap. To prepare a douche for the mixture, rub a piece of soap on a fine grater and put boiling water on it while stirring constantly. The finished mixture should be homogeneous, watery and have a white color. After douching with soap it is necessary to carry out a couple of manipulations with warm water.
- Hydrogen peroxide. 1 tbsp. l means it is diluted in half-trays of water and carefully mixes up.
- Potassium permanganate Dilute a couple of potassium permanganate crystals in a glass of warm water. The resulting solution should acquire a light pink color.
Also, in case of thrush, not only pharmaceuticals in every household can help, but also a number of products that have a positive healing effect on the vaginal microflora.
- Carrot. For douching, you need to mix carrot juice with warm water in a 1: 1 ratio. Therapeutic effects of carrots are aimed at strengthening the cell membranes and their restoration in the event of fungal infection with Candida.
- Garlic. Homemade garlic oil is used to treat thrush. To do this, mix the grated garlic with vegetable oil and lubricate the entrance to the vagina.
- Kefir. This dairy product normalizes the natural environment of the vagina and creates additional protection for its mucous membrane. For douching kefir is used in pure undiluted form. And you can also soak cotton buds in kefir and insert into the vagina. After two hours they should be changed.
From thrush, many different options are used for douching, ointments, suppositories, tampons, and other topical agents.
It should be remembered that these funds can not independently cure candidiasis. Therefore, the treatment must be comprehensive and set by the attending physician. Any independent manipulation can cause a number of complications and side effects that can be avoided by specifying a course of treatment with a gynecologist.