The recovery period after curettage of the uterus is several weeks. It is considered normal if menstruation begins after as many days as the patient’s cycle continues. But there are violations due to the fact that the body needs to recover from an interrupted pregnancy or during the procedure an infection was carried. Abundant periods after scraping should be the first bell to see a doctor. During the postoperative period physical exercises are contraindicated, and personal hygiene should be in the first place.
Causes of heavy discharge
The first periods after the procedure should begin after as many days as the cycle continues for the woman. But if they are very abundant, then this is already a sign of the onset of complications and you should immediately contact your doctor.
There may be several reasons for this:
- Most often this occurs if particles of the ovum remain in the area of the uterus. A few days after the procedure, they begin to decompose. The patient has pain in the lower abdomen, and the temperature rises.
- Severe bleeding can begin if the uterus mucous membrane or its neck is injured. Damage to the mucous membranes is a very dangerous injury and can lead to incurable sterility. Bleeding can be so heavy that the patient may die from blood loss. Rupture of the cervix can occur in uterine patients, and the blame for this lies with the doctor who performed the cleaning.
- The infectious background after the operation depends on the good faith of the doctor. Often, during these procedures, infection is carried out and inflammation begins in the uterus, which also leads to abundant secretions that have an unpleasant odor and texture.
In the best case, the patient has a congestion of blood in the uterus due to a spasm of the cervix, and after relaxation the blood rapidly flows out with clots.
How to normalize menstruation after scraping?
Scraping is a procedure after which time and proper behavior are needed to restore the body. Women are contraindicated exercise and hypothermia. You cannot live sexually at this time.
The nature and time of the onset of menstruation depends on the reasons for which the uterus was cleaned:
- Usually, after diagnostic curettage, periods quickly return to normal, during one cycle.
- If scraping is performed after a miscarriage at a long time or after an abortion, the body should restore the balance of hormones, and menstruation can occur in a few months.
- Abundant periods after missed abnormalities indicate complications that need to be treated. The reasons must determine the doctor. This may be a hormonal failure, inflammation or remnants of tissue in the uterus.
Hormonal disorders can occur as a result of stress. They are treated with hormonal and sedative drugs. The inflammatory process requires antibiotic therapy, and when it detects remnants of the amniotic fluid, another cleaning is prescribed. After treatment, the monthly normalized, and the cycle is restored.
What is the period of monthly fully normalized?
There are no clear boundaries of time when monthly periods will fully recover after cleansing. For each woman, they are individual. If the cleaning is carried out qualitatively, and the woman fulfilled all the doctor's prescriptions, and there are no deviations, then the menstruations will begin as usual before the cleaning (cycle from 21 to 35 days).
If an abortion has occurred, a seven-day delay may occur. But if complications have arisen, then menstruation will recover only after the treatment. When the effects of cleansing are completely cured, then everything will return to normal. In severe cases, this can take many months.
Sometimes the period may not occur for a long time. The reason for this may be the accumulation of blood in the uterus as a result of a spasm, which does not pass. The same can happen as a result of a new pregnancy (fertilization can occur 10-15 days after cleansing).
After scraping a lot of bleeding from the vagina can be considered the norm, if they are painless and last no more than ten days. But if there is pain in the uterus and fever, you should immediately consult a doctor. Long periods should also be cause for concern. You can not try to self-medicate. Running pathologies can lead to infertility, and even to the removal of the uterus.
An important role in the well-being of a woman is played by the strict observance of all the doctor’s prescriptions. Exercise, bad habits and hypothermia should be excluded. It is necessary to pay special attention to nutrition, consume more vitamins, eliminate fried, smoked, fatty foods. Personal hygiene must be thorough and mandatory. In case of any deviations from the norm, contact a specialist.
The structure of the uterus
The uterus is a hollow organ of a pear-shaped form, which is displayed in the external environment through the vagina. Between the uterus and the vagina is a narrowing - the cervix.
The uterus consists of three layers:
• the outer (serous) layer, which is in contact with the peritoneum,
• Middle (muscle) layer or myometrium,
• The inner (endothelial) layer or the endometrium.
The endometrium has a basal (deep) layer and a functional endothelium of the uterus. With the help of the basal layer, the functional layer is updated (new growth) from cycle to cycle. During the menstrual cycle, maturation and thickening of the functional layer takes place, preparing it for embryo attachment. If fertilization does not occur, then the functional layer is exfoliated - menstruation.
Scraping for diagnostic purposes is performed mainly before menstruation. Only the functional layer of the endothelium is scraped out and, after menstruation, a normal physiological restoration of the functional layer of the endometrium occurs. With the purpose of treatment, scraping is performed after menstruation, when the endothelium has exfoliated and separated out with menstruation in order to remove a tumor or a polyp that has penetrated deep into it. In this case, the functional layer of the endometrium will be restored within several cycles. There may be copious periods after curettage.
Allocation after scraping
What can be a selection after scraping:
• Normally, after curettage, bleeding is characteristic, as during menstruation, for two to three days,
• Brown discharge after curettage indicate the imminent cessation of these emissions,
• However, if the bleeding lasts longer or is abundant (more than 80 ml per day), this may indicate dysfunctional uterine bleeding. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor,
• If a woman has a mucous discharge of yellow or green color after curettage, this indicates infection. In this case, it is also necessary to immediately consult a doctor to prescribe antibiotic therapy,
• Also a dangerous sign is if during the first 2-3 days after curettage there is no discharge. Cervical spasm could occur and blood accumulates in its cavity (hematometer). This blood clot may fester in the uterus (pyometra). In this process, the woman feels pain in the lower abdomen and the temperature rises above 37.5. For prophylaxis of a hematometer, gynecologists prescribe, after curettage, the administration of antispasmodics for several days and a cold in the abdominal area.
Also for the prevention of complications, the doctor recommends to refuse:
• having sex for two weeks,
Do not lift weights after this procedure. Reception of prophylactic doses of antibacterial therapy is also recommended. The first periods after scraping appear after four to five weeks. If, 45 days after this procedure, the woman did not have her first menstruation, then the sprout layers (basal layer) of the endometrium were affected, which means that the curettage was too intense.
A gynecologist in a month prescribes a control ultrasound. One of the complications after curettage (in the case of an artificial abortion) is the residual parts of the membranes of the ovum.
Early complications after curettage can be:
• Cervical tear (if the wall is loose, bullet forceps fly off). Small tears heal independently, large tears sew up,
• Perforation of the uterine wall (may also occur when the wall of the uterus is loose or if there is excessive pressure on the dilator). Small perforations self-tighten, large sutured in place.
Women may complain of painful and heavy menstruation after the curettage, this is a normal variant, if these complaints do not last more than 2-3 months. Thus, the menstrual cycle is restored. With prolonged (more than seven days) abundant (more than 80 ml) menstruation, it is necessary to consult a doctor, since with significant chronic blood loss, a woman may develop anemia. Anemia is a borderline disease characterized by asthenic-vegetative symptoms (lethargy, weakness, drowsiness) and decreased immunity.
If a woman has abundant periods after curettage or discharge, which should not be normal, you should immediately contact a gynecologist. In our clinic, competent specialists will advise and help to cope with this problem.
Monthly after hysteroscopy
Abundant periods after scraping come in a month. The report must be conducted from the first day after the operation. Since normal menstruation lasts twenty-eight days, the approximate cycle is equal in approximately three to four weeks.
Changes in the menstruation should not be. Discharge should be red, without black clots. And if there are irregularities, such as fever and pain in the abdomen, you should immediately contact a gynecologist. But as a rule, the first cleaning does not give complications.
Why monthly after scraping abundant
In the first days after cleansing, spotting may occur. Do not confuse them with the monthly, as they begin twenty-one days after scraping. And such periods after scraping hysteroscopy are simply the consequences of brushing.
But if the monthly after cleansing is abundant, then it is worth thinking about it, since they can carry the news about such diseases:
- damage to the lining of the uterus,
- inflammation of the uterus,
- cervical rupture
- ovum remains.
After the onset of heavy periods you should consult a specialist in order to avoid diseases.
One of the diseases that occurs after cleaning the uterus. A hematometer is a collection of blood that occurred after a failed evacuation. That is, it is frozen blood that cannot leave the uterus, which brings pain and discomfort.
It is formed due to improper cleaning or abnormalities of the genitals. But not always the uterus is completely closed. Most often it is a spasm that prevents blood from leaving the body. And also formed during difficult and long labor. After them, a woman may even die.
Damage to the lining of the uterus
Damage to the mucous membrane of the uterus or, as it is called in medicine, endometritis. It occurs in women who have performed a large number of times surgery in the uterus. These are abortions, purging, miscarriage, or treating another disease. The worst thing is that this disease is inflammatory. Therefore, when it occurs, there may be an increased body temperature.
- E. coli
These diseases can be picked up both in unsanitary conditions, and from the use of low-quality products.
But among the causes of damage to the mucous membrane of the uterus are more important, namely:
Sounding of the uterus is carried out with deviations of the structure of the uterus and suspected disease. It is carried out in the conditions of a hospital and in full asepsis. If the rules of the operation are violated, then there are various diseases.
Inaccurate douching or busting it provokes allergic reactions that are harmful to health and entail unpleasant consequences.
Both cleaning and hysteroscopy should be carried out according to clear rules. And a deviation from the standards of sanitation or carrying entail infection. That is, there is a suppuration of the uterus. These effects are removed only by surgery.
Endometritis after curettage
Endometritis is a frequent occurrence after curettage. Appears due to inflammation of the endometrium. And most often, inflammatory processes subsequently occur negligence, failure to comply with standards of hygiene.
It can be identified by yellow discharge instead of red, and an unpleasant smell from the vagina. These symptoms are a sign of endometritis. If they are found, you should immediately consult a doctor, because the result is infertility.
Therefore, before you have an abortion, it is worth considering whether this act will cost too much. In this case, you can pay with your happiness to become a mother.
Rupture of the cervix with the Gegar expander
The Gegar expander is a medical instrument used to examine the uterus. Simply put, these are bougs that widen the cervical canal, which allows the doctor to insert the necessary tool for hysteroscopy or curettage.
But with careless and quick use there is a risk of breaking the cervix, then as a result there will be very heavy periods. After such an unsuccessful examination will require surgery. So, going to the doctor can end up with unpleasant consequences.
The remains of the ovum
Fetal egg remains, as a rule, after a failed abortion. And his presence is removed by cleaning the uterus. But in the postoperative period, the danger of residues of the ovum is bleeding. And although the bleeding is observed there is little, but nevertheless the patient’s anemia occurs. There may be loss of consciousness, fever. And if the bleeding lasts a long time, then the death of the patient is not excluded.
Most often, residues of the ovum are observed when pregnancy is interrupted for a short period. Because the egg size is small and doctors can not always accurately determine the elimination of pregnancy. In such cases, the egg makes it difficult to fully reduce the uterus, menstruation continues to go, the probability of infection is high. Although in some cases the fertilized egg spontaneously leaves, as with menstruation.
Features of hysteroscopy
Like every procedure, this one has its own peculiarities and nuances. In this case, there are diagnostic and surgical hysteroscopy.
As for diagnostic hysteroscopy, this is just a visual inspection of the uterus, small surgical interventions are done. Conducted with suspected pathology and irregular menstruation. And there are several features of the:
- the duration of the manipulation is not more than thirty minutes,
- After the procedure, a woman can go home without further hospitalization.
But surgical hysteroscopy has a number of difficulties during:
- stopping intrauterine bleeding,
- application of general anesthesia.
After such an intervention, it is worth staying in the hospital for several days under the supervision of doctors.
After surgery, a woman is strictly prohibited active sex life for three weeks, as well as any physical activity. It is necessary to exclude the intake of strongly hot baths and in general increase in body temperature due to the sauna or bath. You also need to forget about douching.
If something bothers, it is better to turn to a specialist without self-medicating. And when restoring the menstrual cycle, it is strictly forbidden to use tampons, in order not to damage the uterine cavity even more and not to cause irritation.
Only by adhering to these instructions, you can continue a normal lifestyle, restore the menstrual cycle without complications and repeated operations.