The genital system of a woman has a complex structure of organs and the mechanism of their physiological function, which is aimed at reproducing offspring. There is an internal system of the genitals and an external one. Internal genital organs are represented by the uterus, ovaries and tubes. Here is the main process of conception, carrying and giving birth to a child.
When hormonal effects on these organs, the following reaction occurs:
- The ovaries secrete a ripe egg from an exposed follicle,
- The fallopian tubes are involved in transporting it to the uterus,
- The uterus is preparing for the introduction of the egg and the biological process of gestation.
If fertilization has not occurred, then the inner layer of the uterus (endometrium) exfoliates and exits through the external genitalia in the form of bleeding. This process is called the menstrual cycle and occurs in women every month, so it is called monthly.
The normal duration of monthly ranges from 24 to 31 calendar days with a duration of bleeding (critical days) from three days to a weekly phase.
Ten days before the start of the monthly discharge, the woman has abundant leucorrhea with a yellowish tinge. This suggests ovulation has taken place, that is, the exit of the oocyte from the ovarian follicle to the abdominal section. At the same time, some women note a sharp pain in the lower abdomen in the side where the ovulatory phase occurred. A couple - three days before the onset of menstruation, discharge may be of a lightening nature and pink. The reason for this is the onset of contractile movements of the uterus and partial release of the endometrium. After this period, critical days begin with the release of bloody mucus and clots. The yield of abundant bloody mass is not observed for a long time, only at the beginning of the menstruation, then they decrease and become brownish with a gradual transition to yellow color and cessation. This whole process is considered the physiological menstrual function of the female body.
Why are spotting after menstruation, and what causes them?
The discharge after the critical days can be in the form of whiter, which are scanty in nature and it can be noted that they are not at all noticeable. Minor discharge from the female genital organs without feeling pain, burning, itching, smell, are considered normal. If these symptoms are present, and there is a change in the consistency of secretions and their color, then this may indicate the occurrence of a pathological process, that is, diseases.
Causes of gynecological diseases:
- Anomalies of genital development,
- Genetic predisposition
- The asocial lifestyle of a woman (violation of hygiene, irregular sex life, physical exertion, metabolic disorders due to violation of diet and rest, abuse of alcohol, nicotine and drugs),
- Artificial abortion, pathological pregnancy and childbirth in the history of women
- The presence of concomitant serious diseases.
The cause of brown smear after menstruation may indicate the development of endometriosis. This is a disease in which the inner layer of the uterus can grow for a long time in its cavity, as well as in the ovaries and in the organs of the abdominal cavity. During the menstrual cycle, and more often during or a week after the beginning of menstruation, there is a detachment of the epithelium of this layer and an exit through the vagina in the form of brown clots and a sensation of pain. Why the secreted of this color, due to the fact that the rejection of the membranes occurs in small foci and sluggish progress towards the exit of already coagulated blood.
Often, the selection of a bloody character after menstruation may occur during ectopic pregnancy. In this case, the ovum may attach to the inner, outer region of the fallopian tube or to the abdominal organs. Persistent spotting brown in this pathology is observed due to detachment of the developing placenta, due to an abnormal process.
Sometimes, during the implantation of the ovum and the development of a woman’s pregnancy in the early stages, pain and bleeding occur. The pains have the character of stinging or cramping, and the vaginal discharges are pink, brownish or bloody. When asked why this happens, you can immediately answer - the threat of miscarriage or spontaneous abortion. As a rule, this pathology can occur up to eight weeks of gestational age.
Through an irregular menstrual cycle during menopause, women can also observe changes in the amount, consistency, color and duration of discharge. That is, after a week or a certain number of days after menstruation, there may be spotting short-term or sluggish discharge.
Pink discharge or the color of meat slop may appear in a woman with cancer of the body of the uterus. This is observed in the stage of disintegration of the tumor. In the initial period, there is a violation of the menstrual cycle, spotting and pain during urination.
Based on the foregoing, it can be concluded that the course of the normal physiological process of the menstrual function in women may have a deviation in the pathological direction. Therefore, if the occurrence of incomprehensible symptoms, it is necessary to consult a doctor to get advice and expert help.
What does daub say a week after menstruation?
Vaginal mucus discharge is normal for women of reproductive age. Cyclical fluctuations of hormonal background, the process of maturation of the egg and its release from the follicles is accompanied by different intensity, character and texture of vaginal secretions. Do not panic if you appear daub a week after menstruation. because this may be due to physiological reasons, it is natural for the body. But a completely different situation, if a long daub after menstruation causes discomfort, discomfort, is accompanied by uncharacteristic symptoms. How in this case to identify the pathology? Consider further the main causes of the appearance of daub immediately after menstruation and the characteristic associated symptoms of pathological abnormalities.
When daub is not a deviation from the norm
Girls who are just going through puberty may notice that they have started a brown daub for no apparent reason. As a rule, as a young body reacts to hormonal changes, rearranging in accordance with the new conditions, preparing for a full menstruation. Often, brown daub appears even several cycles before full bleeding.
Superstudies after ovulation, which have not yet become intense, in women of mature age may indicate an approaching menopause. A brown daub in this case becomes a consequence of hormonal imbalance.
A dirty spot in the middle of the cycle, if it was preceded by unprotected sexual contact, can be the result of fertilizing the egg and attaching it to the walls of the uterus. The bleeding in this case is nothing more than implantation bleeding. At the same time, the discharges are quite scanty, as a rule, not exceeding a few drops in volume.
Brown daub at the end of menstruation may occur in women who have menstrual flow of a meager nature. As a rule, such secretions last only a few days and speak about ovarian depletion, which leads to hormonal imbalance, and this is not always the result of pathological abnormalities.
Brown daub between menstrual flow may accompany women who take oral contraceptives or have an intrauterine device. As a rule, the process of adaptation of the organism takes place within a few months, in rare cases it can take up to six months. If after a specified period spotting after menstruation has not stopped, then you should contact your doctor for the selection of other hormonal contraceptives.
When daub becomes a sign of pathological processes
You should always be very attentive to any changes in the manifestation of natural physiological processes. As a rule, deviations from the norm of character, intensity, color, odor of vaginal secretions, the appearance of associated symptoms indicate violations in the work of the urinogenital system. That is why, if after menstruation continues daub without apparent objective reasons, it is necessary not to delay the visit to the gynecologist. Detection of pathology in the early stages will help prevent the exacerbation of the disease or its transition to the chronic form.
Brown daub with streaks of mucus and endometrial cells indicates clear serious violations of the inflammatory nature. So, dark daub after menstruation may indicate the development of endometriosis, endometritis or adenomyosis. The disease is manifested by the proliferation of endometrial cells outside the uterus, which, if delayed treatment, can lead to the proliferation of polyps. And their treatment, as a rule, provides exclusively for surgical intervention.
Red daub after menstruation or immediately after sexual contact can talk about erosion processes in the cervical canal. Late treatment of pathology can lead to complications of the disease, which will result in the development of dysplasia or cervical cancer.
Ointment after the end of menstruation, in which purulent impurities are clearly visible, as a rule, indicates tumor neoplasms in the urogenital system of a woman. Accompanying symptoms of pathology are pulling pain in the abdomen, fever, general breakdown.
Where do the spotting come in a week after your period?
Every woman clearly understands what is monthly. Normal menstrual bleeding lasts a little less than a week, then stop. It is another matter if it becomes difficult for a woman to determine exactly when her menstruation began and at what point it ended. Daub after menstruation, which is often taken as their long duration, can be a cause for concern for the representatives of the weaker sex. Why does such a phenomenon take place in the life of women, and what does it entail?
Should I worry?
Vaginal discharge is an indicator of the health status of any woman. If something changes and the mode of the body becomes unusual, you should look at the symptoms more closely.
In some cases, the appearance of daub after menstruation should not be considered as a symptom of a terrible disease.
When not to worry:
- When periods last longer than usual. As a result of a longer cycle, a woman may appear brown after menstruation. When menstruation in one cycle is nearing its end, the blood clotting rate rises. If the monthly delayed, the last menstrual flow may be dark brown in color and resemble daub. Another question is why the menstrual phase is so long. If the duration of the month more than 5-7 days is not the first month, it is worth contacting the gynecologist.
- Ointment after menstruation can trigger use
means of hormonal contraception. Within a few months, due to the restructuring of the hormonal background, a woman may appear brown spotting immediately after the end of menstrual bleeding. If this trend continues for more than 4-5 months, you should consult with a gynecologist or change the drug.
- Ointment sometimes indicates pregnancy. During the implantation of the embryo into the uterus, the so-called implant bleeding occurs. Sometimes it may not be too abundant and have a smearing character. This phenomenon is absolutely natural and should not cause a woman to worry.
- Vaginal discharge after menstruation appear in women whose body is preparing for a "big hormonal adjustment". This category includes the weaker sex from 13 to 18 years and from 37 to 45 years. During the year after the first menstruation, the cycle is still very far from stable. Events such as spotting after menstruation should not be surprising. In anticipation of menopause, this phenomenon also indicates the instability of hormonal levels.
The above reasons may console you. If your situation fits into one of the listed cases, then you should not worry about a week after your period. But this symptom can also be evidence of health problems.
Reasons to worry:
If a week after the end of menstruation bloody discharge appears, this may indicate erosion of the cervix and endocervicitis. When secreted mucus smears lingerie in dark red, it is definitely worth to see a doctor.
- If the color of secretions is brown, and a week or a little less after menstruation, this may indicate progress in the pathological processes occurring in the uterus.
- Evidence of the development of endometritis or chronic endocervicitis may be the presence of pale pink blood-like secretions that have a sharp, unpleasant odor.
- If the menstrual periods did not occur, but a few days after the expected date, there was scanty uterine bleeding, this may indicate an ectopic pregnancy or even a miscarriage. Such secretions may have a different volume and are almost always accompanied by a sharp pain in the lower abdomen.
- Endometriosis - if this disease develops "safely" in a woman, then after menstruation she will have scanty dark-colored secretions.
- Ointment after menstruation can be triggered by the awkward actions of the doctors or the patient herself. For example, an incorrectly installed contraceptive coil, as well as a foreign body that was accidentally forgotten inside, for example, a condom or a tampon. In such cases, inflammation begins, leading to the appearance of spotting.
How to solve a problem?
To identify the causes
for which a woman has a discharge after menstruation, you need to contact a gynecologist. Lightening secretions are of varying degrees of intensity and of various origins, so you should not immediately panic and bury yourself alive.
Assess the seriousness of the situation can only qualified after inspection and testing.
He will point out the cause of the daub and suggest how to act to get rid of it. Often the doctor is convinced that the situation does not threaten the life or health of the patient and prescribes short-term and effective treatment.
It is quite another thing when a woman adjusts herself to the fact that she does not need to worry, and the brown discharge after menstruation is caused by physiological factors. In such a situation, everything can turn the other way, and a severe gynecological disease will develop into a deeper phase. Treatment in this case will be more difficult than in the detection of the disease at an early stage.
Why instead of menstruation can be daub?
For women, it is considered acceptable that during menstruation certain types of discharge appear from the vagina, however, it is necessary to distinguish between the discharge is quite positive from signs indicating a certain disease. To normal discharge from the female body can be attributed to small transparent clots that are released from the menstrual blood and do not cause inconvenience.
However, the presence of brown discharge during the menstrual cycle. In this case, be sure to visit a gynecologist for check.
The cause of dabs can be endometritis. In this disease, brown discharge may appear at the very beginning and at the end of menstruation. It is also possible their appearance, accompanied by a pulling pain in the lower abdomen and a sharp, unpleasant smell in the middle of the cycle.
Also a very common cause of brown discharge can bepolyp in the uterus of a womanwhich is formed as a result of hormonal abnormalities in the body.
The true causes of daub before menstruation
Each woman attentive to her health will pay attention to the appearance of vaginal brown discharge before the monthly cycle. The truth is that daub is not the norm. A few days before the menstruation or immediately in front of them, the appearance of the daub stumps women. What is it? Features of the body or a certain disease makes itself felt?
The exact answer will give only examination by a gynecologist after conducting laboratory and instrumental examinations.
Main factors, которые могут вызывать предменструальные коричневые выделения, являются:
- контрацепция. Мазня, возникающая во время приема оральных контрацептивов (джес, ярина и пр), является следствием изменения гормонального фона и адаптация организма женщины к данным переменам.About 30–40 percent of women have brown discharge in the first 3 months from the start of taking contraceptives, and in 5–10 percent of women thus protecting themselves from unwanted pregnancy, the adaptation of the body can last up to six months. Due to hormonal contraceptive pills, bloody discharge may occur not only before the regulatives, but also after them and in the middle of the menstrual cycle.
- daub in front of regulations It may be an undesirable consequence of using the IUD as a contraceptive,
- a disease such as endometriosis, is one of the most common causes of brown discharge,
- variant of the cause of bloody premenstrual discharge may be benign neoplasm in the uterus - endometrial polyp. In addition to smear, signs of a polyp in the uterus can be attributed to pain in the pelvis, with a cramping character, and menstrual disorders.
And other factors the appearance of premenstrual discharge and prevent the sad consequences in some cases can only timely medical intervention.
Monthly passed, daub started - what could it be?
Brown discharge in the last days of menstruation is the norm, in the event that menstruation lasts a total no more than 7 days. If the “daub” is longer, then it is quite possible that the causes of this are some very unpleasant and dangerous diseases, such as endometritis, endometriosis or endometrial hyperplasia. In healthy women, such secretions after regulation may occur due to taking oral hormonal contraceptives.
Another physiological cause of discharge after menstruation can be implantation in the uterine wall of the embryoabout a week or ten days after ovulation.
However, in this case it is possible to make a definite diagnosis only after gynecological consultation .
What causes a daub in the middle of a cycle?
Small brown secretions that may occur 3–7 days after menstruation are quite common. The appearance of daub in this case indicates that your the egg cell is ready for fertilization.
If the intensity of discharge increases and their duration is more than three daysneed no time lost visit a gynecologist . BUT in case of severe bleeding - immediately call an ambulance .
Why is there a daub in early pregnancy?
In the early stages of pregnancy may be observed bleeding, which is very frightening future mothers. It happens that they appear in the days when the regulators should have come.
If the discharge is not painful and short, then there is nothing to fear. It is also not dangerous for the woman and the fetus is not abundant and short-term discharge, which are associated with attachment of the ovum to the wall of the uterus. That is, if more than one week has passed since fertilization.
However, in any case, the appearance of brown and any other secretions should be told to the doctor who is observing you, he will be able to determine the nature and cause of the discharge.
If right now you have no real opportunity to visit the gynecological office, tell the doctor at least by phone about your condition.
Can there be a daub in the reception urozhestana or duphaston?
In the early stages of pregnancy, future bleeding may be unsettling. If the term of conception is no more than 7-10 daysthen it may be an adaptation of the organism to a new state, as was discussed earlier.
However, daub may be sign of beginning miscarriage or reduce hormonal background at the beginning of pregnancy. Do not be lazy, ask for help in the antenatal clinic.
Experts, after carrying out the necessary examination, may recommend to take drugs duphaston or utrogestan, which are necessary in case of detection of low levels of progesterone hormones in the future mother's body or prophylactic to save pregnancy.
During the reception of these drugs occur small smearing brown color, which should soon cease. Otherwise, you are again worth see a doctor .
Dirty after sex - is it normal or not?
After intercourse, a woman may have small bleeding. The reasons for the appearance of such spotting or small bleeding can be various factors: mechanical damage or microtrauma during sex, various types of erosion and polypsinflammatory diseases such as vaginitis, cystitis, cervicitis, sexually transmitted diseases, as well as various diseases that are not associated with sexual intercourse.
In addition, after sex, bleeding may appear due to the presence of a small amount of blood in the sperm partner.
The causes and factors that may lead to the appearance of brown vaginal discharge, weight and, unfortunately, not all of them are the physiological norm.
Therefore, lovely women, in order to protect their health and avoid the negative effects of such secretions, do not hesitate consult your gynecologist .
Only a specialist, after carrying out the necessary examinations, based on the results of analyzes, will be able to deliver you diagnosis and exact cause the emergence of this unpleasant phenomenon.
Bleeding and other similar manifestations after the end of menstruation are not uncommon. One of the common causes is a jump in the level of estrogen in the blood, especially in the period of ovulation. To fix the problem, the doctor prescribes special hormone preparations. It is not uncommon for obscene dark or light brown discharges to be one of the body's responses to stress.
Minor bleeding after several days after menstruation is possible due to the intake of a new hormonal contraceptive. This is natural, while the female body adapts to it. However, if within a few months the situation does not change, then you should consult with the gynecologist. Another possible cause is internal trauma to the genital organs as a result of:
- inept examination by a doctor
- overly “hard” sex, etc.
Most often, the mucous membranes are injured due to the lack of estrogen during lactation, menopause. At the same time, the color of the excreta is predominantly bloody, bright red, although it may also be brown, and if you observe sexual rest for several days, they end.
If new bloodshed began during the second week or a little earlier and the woman feels unwell, she has dizziness, blood pressure decreases, and lower abdominal pain, then ectopic pregnancy can be the cause of these symptoms. Only a gynecologist is able to accurately diagnose embryo development in the uterus. Moreover, it should be addressed as soon as possible.
Caution maybe a disease
Bloody, brown, or other discharge that appears 7–16 days after menstruation is often a signal of the presence of inflammatory processes and various diseases. Fungal, bacterial infections cause inflammation of the uterine lining - endometritis. They are transmitted sexually, may occur after diagnostic curettage, abortion, and other similar interventions. Among the local symptoms most often noted:
• pain when pressed in the uterus,
• pussy, brown discharge a week or more after menstruation.
However, it should be remembered that the disease can be asymptomatic.
With a deficiency of thyroid hormones, thyroid gland develops hypothyroidism. In women, one of its manifestations is disruption of the menstrual cycle. Toward the end of 2 weeks at the end of menstruation, new bloody or brown discharge may begin.
Endometriosis is another pathology associated with the unexpected appearance of bloody stains on linen during this period. It is associated with the proliferation of uterine tissue in other organs. The exact causes of the disease have not been established; hereditary tendencies and disorders in the immune system are considered among them. For many women, the most unpleasant consequence is infertility.
As a result of hormonal imbalance, benign tumors can form - uterine myomas.
- copious menstruation,
- feeling of compression of the pelvic organs,
- brown, bloody discharge after menses.
Most often they are found in women 25-35 years old, most of them do not require operable intervention, with the exception of cases of fibroids on the "leg" or with a significant size of the tumor.
What to do
If unscheduled brown, blood or other discharge is accompanied by unpleasant sensations, pain or odor, it is necessary to see a gynecologist. Make it better immediately after they are finished. When protracted manifestations allowed to visit the doctor and at any time. According to the results of the initial examination, the doctor prescribes tests, if necessary, possibly an ultrasound scan. When you return, signs a course of treatment.
Today, monthly disruptions are not uncommon. The appearance of brown, bloody spots on the strip after 1.5-2 weeks after the end of menstruation may indicate damage to the internal membranes of the genital organs, hormonal disruptions or the development of serious diseases. Therefore, for any anxiety, it is better to consult a doctor.
Menstrual cycle: norm and deviations
Normally, the cycle is 28-30 days, 3-7 of which go themselves monthly. In adolescence, as well as the postpartum and menopausal periods, a short cycle is also possible, which is 21-22 days. Even if we take the maximum number of critical days in the cycle, the gap between the monthly periods is at least 2 weeks. A short cycle is justified by hormonal disruption in the body, which can recover on its own. To establish the causes of the short cycle, the heredity factor is also taken into account. If there is a genetic predisposition to a small cycle, there are no complaints during critical days and all tests are in line with the normal values, a short cycle is not a pathology.
But if the monthly began 10 days after the end of the normal cycle, then there can be no question of heredity. This phenomenon clearly says about the presence of pathology in the female body.
In the middle of the cycle, there may be discharge of white, transparent or cream color, before ovulation their richness increases, and this is the norm. The appearance of bleeding in the middle of the cycle indicates the presence of various diseases. If you have any irregularities in the menstrual cycle, and your period began 10 days after the end of the cycle, it is time to sound the alarm. Do not try to find an excuse in the form of stress and overwork. These are important factors in the development of the menstrual cycle, but they entail changes with a difference of several days, not weeks.
The cause of the occurrence of menstruation 10 days after the previous can not be established independently
Causes of irregularities in the menstrual cycle
Every girl and woman has a calendar in which she celebrates critical days. This makes it possible to guess when the next menstruation begins and stock up with the necessary hygiene products in advance. But, it is not always possible to predict when menstruation begins again. The female body is vulnerable to various factors, and quickly responds to all sorts of changes. If your calculations failed you and your period began much earlier, you should seriously think about your health. It is most dangerous if menstruation began earlier than 2 weeks after the previous one. There are various reasons for this failure:
- Inflammatory processes in the urogenital system. They can be associated with hypothermia, unprotected sexual intercourse, failure to follow the rules of hygiene.
- Hormonal changes. They occur during crisis periods. Hormone failure is characteristic of adolescence, when puberty occurs. Hormonal disorders occur after childbirth, during lactation, after abortion, as well as during menopause. The onset of menstruation 10 days after the previous one is associated with a change in the hormonal background in the woman’s body. It is possible that they do not require medical treatment, but it is recommended to see a doctor. In addition to crisis periods, a change in the level of hormones can occur due to problems with the thyroid gland, so it is impossible to ignore the failure of the cycle.
- Use as a contraceptive drug spiral. It is a foreign object in the body of a woman, to which you need to adapt. In most cases, the use of intrauterine devices leads to failures in the cycle.
- The reasons for the fact that critical days go 10 days after the previous ones include the use of medications, the use of anesthesia. Among the medications, antibiotics and fast contraceptives affect the menstrual cycle the most.
- The formation of benign and malignant tumors is one of the reasons when menstruation begins 10 days after the last menstrual period. The body fights the toxins secreted by the neoplasms, and as a result, there are failures in the menstrual cycle.
- Monthly ahead of time - a sign of ectopic pregnancy. The essence of this phenomenon is that the egg is established outside the uterus. Discharge abundant, accompanied by sharp pains in the lower abdomen. The danger of ectopic pregnancy is that if it is not detected in time, an egg cell will rupture and peritonitis will occur. Neglecting failures in the cycle and unplanned monthly periods (10-14 days after the previous menstruation) threatens not only the impossibility of having children in the future, but also death.
- Stress, strong emotional upheavals, travels and climate change can also lead to changes in hormonal levels and menstrual disorders.
Peritonitis is one of the hardest complications of ectopic pregnancy.
Diagnosis of the disease
Before ovulation, vaginal discharge increases, but it should not be bloody. If your period began much earlier, you must undergo a medical examination. To determine the cause of the failure, the following analyzes will be needed: a smear of the OCP, which will diagnose various diseases. Be sure to pass a complete blood count, you will need a blood test for clotting. To identify the causes of failure and establish an accurate diagnosis is not enough ordinary gynecological examination.
You will need to undergo colposcopy and ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs. Not superfluous will be tested for hormones, you need to donate blood for tumor markers.
Time for the delivery of all tests in the clinic will require much. If an unplanned menstruation is accompanied by poor health, it is better to immediately go to the hospital. In the hospital, you will undergo a comprehensive examination, if necessary, you will quickly be assisted. If there are no complaints about nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain, and you feel as usual, you can get by with outpatient treatment. Go to the choice of a doctor responsibly, contact an experienced specialist who works with modern equipment. So you can immediately go through the inspection with the help of a colposcope and find out the presumptive diagnosis. The doctor can establish the final conclusion only if there is a complex of analyzes.
It is impossible to establish on your own why in the middle of the cycle the periods started again, again after 10 days. When the discharge began due to an ectopic pregnancy, it will not be possible to stop them on their own, waiting only exacerbates the situation. If the next menstruation occurred 10 days after the previous one, look for the causes of failure in the menstrual cycle only with the help of specialists.