The days of menstruation are seldom serene. PMS manifestations make many people wait with fear. One of its signs is pressure during menstruation, although it would seem that the indicator relates more to the work of the cardiovascular system. But even if the rest of the day it does not bother the woman, in his critical numbers on the tonometer can significantly deviate from the norm.
Read in this article.
The relationship of pressure and reproductive system
Hormones that control the menstrual cycle are constantly present in the body. The cyclical development of the reproductive organs and the regular rejection of the upper layer of the uterine lining depend on them. Only the ratio of hormones at each segment of the menstrual period changes.
Pressure is the force pushing blood to the inner walls of blood vessels. It is regulated by both nervous and hormonal factors. The influence on the index of the pituitary and hypothalamus, adrenal glands. These organs produce hormones that act on the vascular tone: adrenaline, glucocorticoids, aldosterone. Their influence on each other is mutual, whatever group they belong to.
That is, sex hormones experience the existence of adrenaline, glucocorticoids and testosterone, and vice versa. Therefore, for many, the pressure changes during menstruation and immediately before the event, when the amount of substances falls.
Before menstruation, progesterone takes over the reproductive system. It is designed to create comfortable conditions for a fertilized egg, that is, loosens the endometrium, helps to improve the blood supply to the small pelvis due to the growth and expansion of blood vessels. But since progesterone is in the blood, naturally, its influence extends to other organs.
Low or increased pressure before menstrual causes is different. Moreover, they can be connected with the peculiarities of the process itself, and with existing diseases.
Why is it elevated
Headache is considered one of the components of premenstrual syndrome. It can also arise from the fact that before the menstruation pressure rises. Frequently repeated pains force a woman to measure him with a tonometer, and then go to a cardiologist. But the doctor, after examining, finds that there are no problems in the work of the cardiovascular system. Then why is pressure rising before menstruation? There are several reasons for this:
- Edema. Changes in water-salt balance in the body occurs under the influence of estrogens, which play an important role in the cycle. Substances help retain moisture in tissues, including those related to the brain. It is especially sensitive in the hypothalamus region. Puffiness interferes with his work on hormone production, which increases vascular tone and squeezes the nerve endings. That is, the effect on the capillaries is double and it reduces to their narrowing. So, the pressure before the monthly increases,
- Migraine. The nature of this disease is not well known, but it has been found that provoking factors are necessary for its occurrence. Hormonal changes in which there is an excess of prostaglandins - one of them. The vessels experience frequent narrowing-expansion, the blood in them actively pulsates, from which pressure increases before menstruation,
- Irritability and tearfulness. These emotions, characteristic of PMS, have a hormonal nature. The decrease in serotonin volume before menstruation causes feelings of melancholy, depression, which provoke the reaction of blood vessels. They are narrowing down, why pressure before menstruation increases.
If the pressure drops
Signs of PMS are divided into several groups. Any woman has menstruation symptoms that belong to each of them, but often with a predominance of one. If it is a neuropsychic group, that is, associated with manifestations in the area of nerves and emotions, it is characterized by such a symptom as insomnia, depression and loss of appetite. All this provides low pressure before menstruation.
PMS also increases existing diseases, as well as harm from negative addictions, such as smoking. Notable manifestations are drowsiness, craving for sweets, hypersensitivity of the mammary glands. All this is evidence of a lack of vitamins, magnesium, poor oxygen supply of tissues. Because of them, some women have low blood pressure a week before menstruation.
Although the cynics say that all women are the same, their periods go differently. And the accompanying symptoms also differ, manifesting opposite extremes. That pressure during menstruation may vary in different ways. Someone feels his increased values. Otherwise, the vessels check the woman for strength by a sharp drop in pressure.
High pressure and menstruation: is there a connection
That during menstruation, the pressure rises, they notice not only those suffering from hypertension, but also those who at other times have no such problems. The most common cause of this is hormonal. Sharp decrease of substances, peculiar to menstruation, even if it is not associated with a failure, is tolerated by some because of the reaction of the vessels.
It has already been said about the different groups of PMS symptoms. If a woman prevails:
- The crisis form, then it feels periods of gratuitous panic, heart pain and frequent overcrowding of the bladder. Any of these factors can cause high blood pressure, with menstruation they all work,
- Edematous form, then there is water retention in the tissues, an infrequent need to visit the toilet, nausea and constipation. And these circumstances are able to cry for high blood pressure. Edema is noticeable mainly on the fingers and face, but the brain also suffers from excess fluid. The vessels are clamped, the pressure on their walls increases,
- Cephalgic form, then manifested by vegetative-vascular problems. Suffering from heart rhythm, which is manifested by attacks of rapid contraction of the muscles of the organ, pain in this area. Naturally, under such circumstances, blood pressure rises during menstruation.
Emotional surges are common in the menstrual period to all. When there are real reasons for this, or the girl is able to inflate a big problem from trifles, it is not surprising that she regularly increases her blood pressure during menstruation. The cause is not hormones, but the central nervous system. However, it also affects their composition and quantity.
The absence of menstruation is also able to respond to the work of the circulatory system. This happens for hormonal reasons, due to gynecological diseases, starvation diets or stress. But by itself, the delay in menstrual pressure can increase, since it is a cause for excitement in most women.
What causes a decrease in pressure
In some women of reproductive age, the pressure in the menstrual period decreases markedly. Some of them endure critical days, like a disease, unable to get out of bed. And if there is no possibility to rest in bed, they can lose consciousness at any moment.
Low blood pressure with monthly causes also has different hormonal or emotional, which are in the purely reproductive area:
- Gynecological diseases, manifested by abundant secretions. This endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, which cause a woman from the first days of menstruation to lose a lot of blood. Her hemoglobin is reduced, tissues do not receive the necessary nutrition. Oxygen supply of cerebral vessels is insufficient, therefore during menstruation pressure drops,
- Imbalance of progestins and estrogens. When the latter significantly prevail, they affect the production of glucose, lowering it. A woman feels weak due to the expansion of the vessels. Low blood pressure during menstruation for this reason occurs in fragile women with poor appetite, as well as smokers,
- Pain pills. Menstruation rarely pass without any discomfort in the abdomen. But some women are too addicted to antispasmodics, even taking them “in reserve.” But they not only relieve pain, but also dilate blood vessels. Because of them, low blood pressure may occur during menstruation,
- Severe pain during menstruation. This symptom is called algomenorrhea and is caused by various factors. Often he pursues adolescent girls with a cycle that has not yet been settled. Algomenorrhea occurs due to an excess of prostaglandins, an increased sensitivity to pain. But whatever reasons it provoked, it leads to the fact that pressure drops during menstruation.
- Available diseases. Sometimes in one organism vegetative-vascular dystonia, endocrine disorders converge, for which you have to regularly drink medicines. If an increased amount of progesterone is added to this, an abundant discharge on critical days, the woman is provided with low pressure and high pulse during menstruation. Hypotension and arrhythmia "in one bottle" require examination not only of a female doctor, but also an endocrinologist, a cardiologist,
- Strict diet. The combination of delayed menstruation - low blood pressure is possible with insufficient nutrition. A deficiency of nutrients causes hormonal disorders, which prevents the reproductive system from working at full strength. He also provokes a lack of red blood cells, and this reduces vascular tone. The same happens with a cyst on the ovary, when it breaks and the contents remain in the abdominal cavity. But there is also severe pain.
Vessels after menstruation
At the end of the critical days, many unpleasant symptoms go away, the woman's well-being improves. But the pressure after menstruation may still deviate from the usual values in the direction of increase or decrease. This is due to the cyclical changes occurring in the body. Upon completion of menstruation, the reproductive system is most affected by follicle-stimulating hormone and estrogen. That is, these substances continue to affect the body and vascular tone.
Pressure, changing during menstruation, is perceived by many as simply an unpleasant symptom of PMS, which will soon be gone. But if some signs of the syndrome can be considered natural and not dangerous, then this sometimes speaks of serious violations. All processes in the body are experiencing mutual influence. Deviation from normal pressure, even when caused by a malfunction in the reproductive system, can also come back to a cardiovascular one. Therefore, it is necessary to clarify its origin with a doctor and regulate the causes of the indicator change.
Pressure changes before menstruation
To understand how changes in pressure during the menstrual cycle, you need to delve into the body. Before menstruation, there is more progesterone in the blood of a woman, which is responsible for the development of fertilized eggs and the creation of conditions for their implantation. If conception does not happen, the endometrial layer is loosened and rejected. Such states each month called monthly or menstruation. Progesterone improves blood circulation by expanding blood vessels. To do this you need high pressure.
In other words, the pressure before menstruation will increase under the influence of progesterone. By the beginning of menstruation, when the next cycle begins and the hormone ceases to function, its amount in the body falls, and after it the pressure indices decrease.
Symptoms of increased blood pressure
PMS is a syndrome in which the woman's body signals her about the early onset of menstruation. For the most part, symptoms are associated with changes in the behavior of blood vessels. The main symptom is pain in the head, which starts 5-7 days before the critical days. The cause of the pain - in rising blood pressure. Due to hormonal surges, the vessels become wider and narrower, which causes the blood to pulsate actively.
In the process of menstruation, various systems are involved. The same progesterone provokes an accumulation of fluid in the body, which leads to swelling, followed by squeezing of blood vessels. The tone of the arteries increases, the nerve roots are compressed, the pressure rises.
Under the control of the nervous system are both hormones and pressure. Often, women become irritable whining - as a reduced level of serotonin. Depression, depression leads to a narrowing of blood vessels, the increase in pressure becomes the logical conclusion of the picture.
There are exceptions when pressure decreases before menstruation. This usually applies to overly emotional women. Characteristic manifestations for them will be: poor appetite, sleep problems, depression. Increased craving for alcohol and smoking. Due to magnesium deficiency, vitamins and low hemoglobin, the pressure during PMS decreases.
Blood pressure after menstruation
As soon as the critical days are over, most unpleasant symptoms will pass, mood and well-being will improve. But if there was a reduced or elevated pressure during menstruation, it may still deviate from the norm for some time. This is due to the cyclical nature of the processes occurring in the female body.
At the end of the menstrual period, estrogens and a hormone that stimulates follicles affect the reproductive system. They affect the whole organism in general, and vascular tone in particular.
Women whose pressure jumps during menstruation, consider this state the norm, because everything falls into place as soon as menstruation ends. But if other symptoms can be considered normal, and they do not have a large impact on health, then pressure surges cannot be considered harmless and harmless. All processes in the body are interrelated.
Abnormal blood pressure, even if caused by changes in the reproductive system, may also affect the pathologies of the cardiovascular system. Therefore, it is important to determine what exactly caused the jumps in blood pressure, and the doctor can do it.
How does the pressure during menstruation
As soon as menstruation begins, rejection of the epidermis is completed under the influence of progesterone, vascular spasms end. The uterus is cleansed of unnecessary endometrium, the remnants of which come out with blood. The body prevents heavy bleeding during menstruation by lowering blood pressure.
The inverse relationship also works - blood loss leads to a decrease in pressure. At this point, the level of progesterone decreases, it is replaced by estrogen - another hormone. Such a change of hormones reduces the pressure.
Why is blood pressure falling
The reasons for which the pressure decreases are associated with the psychoemotional and hormonal features of the body. Much depends on what is the duration, profusion of menstruation. Factors causing a fall in blood pressure:
- diseases of the genital organs and diseases associated with hormonal balance lead to heavy bleeding. Because of this, the hemoglobin decreases, and the blood moves more slowly through the arteries, in addition the blood pressure decreases. Such an increased amount of blood during menstruation may be due to genetics, abnormalities of the genital organs, the presence of the intrauterine device. The condition may be permanent or temporary,
- Often women relieve pain in the abdomen and head with menstruation pills. Antispasmodics remove pain, but at the same time dilates blood vessels, causing a drop in blood pressure,
- prostaglandins during menstruation are found in large quantities, they cause pain and a decrease in pressure,
- diseases of the vascular system and thyroid only exacerbated. In this case, arrhythmia, low pressure and headache immediately appear,
- it only costs a couple of days to eat poorly when the menses are on and the pressure immediately drops. If the body lacks minerals and vitamins, the menstrual cycle is lost, the blood pressure drops.
In general, reduced pressure is due to normal processes in the body. But if chronic or acute ailments are present, the condition worsens. If there are no health problems, after a few days the blood pressure will rise to normal. More precisely, in order for it to rise, the hormones should return to normal.
How to avoid pressure surges
Changes in the level of pressure in one direction or the other need to be compared not only with menstruation, there are other factors that can cause jumps in blood pressure. If there is a clear correlation, it is important for the woman to control the situation, helping herself and the body to transfer these few days with less losses. The following guidelines may be helpful:
- if the pressure has greatly decreased during menstruation and this is manifested by severe pain, it is necessary to remove the unpleasant symptoms not with antispasmodics, but with analgesics. To speed up the process of excretion of blood there is a sense in advance to take pills that increase pressure. For example, citramon,
- if the bleeding is heavy, you should prefer bed rest of the rest of the activity. If there is an opportunity, at work you need to take sick leave, at the university to take time off from classes and lie in bed as much as possible. This is not only useful, but it will also protect you from risks, since with severe bleeding weakness is possible up to fainting.
- if the pressure is increased, you can drink antispasmodics. Exercise and other activities need to be reduced.
The body of each woman is individual, and even if up to a certain time the ICP passed without any unpleasant symptoms, they can begin at any time. Поэтому важно знать, как работает организм, что в нем происходит, чтобы адекватно реагировать на любые изменения и вовремя предпринимать меры.
Какая связь между менструальным циклом и скачками АД?
Monthly and pressure are directly related. The level of blood pressure is determined by the force of blood on the walls of blood vessels. The whole process is controlled by the adrenal glands and the pituitary gland, which produce adrenaline and glucocorticosteroids, affecting the tone of blood vessels. After ovulation in the blood of a woman, the amount of progesterone rises dramatically, which, when interacting with other hormones, can increase blood pressure. At the time when menstruation begins, estrogen comes to replace it, which is why high pressure can decrease.
High blood pressure before menstruation and its causes
Progesterone has the ability to dilate blood vessels and increase blood circulation, as a result of which the force on the circulatory system increases. When the egg is fertilized, this hormone helps it to gain a foothold on the wall of the uterus and creates conditions for the further development of pregnancy. In the opposite situation, it causes loosening of the endometrium and rejection of the membrane from the walls of the uterus, which causes the process of separation of menstruation.
It has been proven by doctors that an increase in pressure before menstruation is not a pathological deviation for a healthy female body.
Migraine is a consequence of hormonal changes that affect vascular tone.
Progesterone prevents the removal of fluid from the body. This leads to swelling of the internal organs, which entails an effect on the nerve endings, an effect on the blood vessels and an increase in their tone. In addition, a week before the CD, hormonal changes change, which can narrow or dilate the arteries, causing a migraine and increasing blood pressure.
Premenstrual syndrome may occur 14 days before the onset of menstruation and is accompanied by a decrease in serotonin production. This hormone affects the psycho-emotional state of women. She becomes touchy, aggressive, or cries a lot for nothing. It is also characterized by a depressive state. Such a load on the nervous system contributes to the fact that before the menstrual pressure rises.
If there is an increased pressure during menstruation, then this requires expert advice and may indicate the following abnormalities in the body:
- intestinal problems
- changes in vascular tone
- heart diseases,
- genetic diseases.
Low blood pressure during menstruation
Many women have the opposite situation - low blood pressure during menstruation. This is due to the peculiarity of the patient's lifestyle, her habits and rhythm of work. Normally, after rejection of the endometrium, blood pressure should drop to lower the vascular tone and the body did not lose too much blood. This is the so-called defensive reaction. But as a rule, these are imperceptible jumps that do not cause discomfort. Nausea, dizziness or loss of consciousness in cases where the pressure has gone down, serve as harbingers of more serious problems.
Why pressure is reduced during the CD?
Low blood pressure can with the first day of the beginning of the cycle, which is considered valid. If the already low blood pressure during the month has dropped to critical values, this may be due to several reasons:
- lack of vitamins and trace elements, in particular magnesium,
- sleep disturbance
- severe stress
- poor appetite
- lower hemoglobin levels
- gynecological diseases
- overdose of antispasmodics,
- endocrine disruption,
- vascular dystonia.
Do not panic if your blood pressure goes down on the 1-2 day of the new cycle. This is a sign of the normal functioning of the female body and the production of estrogen.
Treatment of pressure surges during the CD
By changing the level of blood pressure can be expressed a variety of problems in the female body. If the essence of bad health comes down to the work of hormones, then it is important to adhere to the following rules:
- Avoid excessive loads during the period of PMS and menstruation.
- When an elevated level of blood pressure is found to relieve menstrual pain, take antispasmodics, such as Spasmalgon, Drotaverin.
- With reduced - to drink analgesics, for example, "Analgin", "Dexalgin".
- With heavy discharge, it is desirable to spend more time in bed.
Strong pressure surges during menstruation cause considerable discomfort, in extreme cases lead to loss of consciousness. In this situation, you need to consult a doctor. He may send to the laboratory for examination to identify the level of hormonal levels. If the change in blood pressure is caused by this, then the patient is undergoing a course of treatment with hormonal drugs, and also takes sedatives or psychotropic drugs.
In addition, to improve well-being during critical days, it will be helpful to maintain proper nutrition, which is to maximize the rejection of foods high in sugar or salt. Be sure to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Salads are best seasoned with vegetable oil or yoghurt dressings. As well as an important component of therapy for the normalization of blood pressure is an active lifestyle and regular warm-ups.
Communication of the reproductive system with pressure
The menstrual cycle is regulated by hormones, which are produced by several organs, coordinated by the brain, the central nervous system. At different stages of the menstrual cycle, the balance of hormones changes, which corresponds to natural processes.
Pressure is characterized by the force pushing blood to the blood vessels. As a result, they narrow or expand. Pressure is regulated by hormones, the nervous system. At the same time, the effect of pressure on the functions of the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland in the brain, has been established. The hormones adrenaline, aldosterone, glucocorticoids affect vascular tone. Thus, between the reproductive system, pressure, there is a direct and inverse relationship. Their action is mutual. Therefore, in women with changes in the hormonal background, the pressure changes, on the contrary, high or low pressure changes the hormonal background.
Pressure before menstruation
The situation that is regarded as the norm develops as follows. Shortly before the onset of menstruation, the hormone progesterone prevails in a woman's body. It is responsible for the further development of the fertilized egg, creates the conditions for its successful implantation, and, in the absence of conception, loosens the endometrial layer, promotes rejection. What causes menstruation. The hormone helps to improve blood circulation by increasing the number of vessels, their expansion. To ensure this state of the vessels, the pressure must be high. That is, the pressure before the monthly increases due to the action of progesterone. Just before the onset of menstruation, progesterone levels decrease. The hormone stops its activity, because with the onset of menstruation a new cycle begins.
With the onset of menstruation, all functions with the rejection of the endometrial layer are performed thanks to the hormone progesterone. The spasms with a sudden narrowing and dilation of the vessels are over. The main task is to clean the uterus from the old layer of the endometrium. What comes out with blood discharge. To prevent bleeding, blood pressure drops during the period. Vessels remain extended. But there is also an inverse relationship - blood pressure decreases throughout the body with blood loss. In the period of menstruation, the pressure drops anyway.
However, there is a situation when the period of menstruation, before menstruation, checks for stability of the vessels of the woman by sudden pressure surges. In a normal process, this situation occurs during the activity of the uterus, when it makes attempts to tear away the endometrial layer.
In addition, on the eve of menstruation, progesterone levels fall. The role of superiority transmits to another sex hormone - estrogen. A change in hormonal levels leads to a decrease in pressure.
Causes of high blood pressure before menstruation
Every woman before the onset of menstruation feels signs of PMS. In most cases, they are associated with the variable behavior of the vessels. Headache is considered the main symptom preceding menstruation. It begins approximately in 1 week prior to prospective monthly. And may indicate an increase in pressure.
- Many systems are involved in the appearance of menstruation. Shortly before they begin to accumulate in the body fluid due to the hormone progesterone. Puffiness squeezes blood vessels, affects the nerve endings, increases vascular tone. They narrow, there is an increase in pressure.
Severe headache attacks - migraines, also indicate an increase. Due to hormonal changes before menstruation, the vessels either dilate or contract sharply. Actively pulsates blood, causes an increase in pressure.
- On the eve of critical days, the state of the nervous system is changing. It also regulates the state of hormones and the rate of pressure. The characteristic signs of PMS in most women are irritability, tearfulness. This happens because of a decrease in the hormone serotonin. Appears a state of depression, depression, which leads to a narrowing of blood vessels. And, as a result, the pressure rises before menstruation.
Low pressure on the eve of critical days is typical of women with PMS manifestations of the neuropsychic group. When insomnia, depression, depression, loss of appetite. Everything is based on emotions. In addition, affects the state of craving for alcohol, smoking, addiction to coffee. Lack of vitamins, magnesium, low hemoglobin leads to a decrease in pressure.
Reduction in the period of critical days
The decline is associated with hormonal, emotional. Depends on the nature of the flow of critical days. The main reasons for the decline are:
The presence of gynecological diseases, as well as diseases associated with the formation of hormones, causes abundant bleeding in women. As a result, a large amount of blood is lost from the first days, hemoglobin falls. The blood slowly functions in the arteries, the blood pressure goes down. Abundant bleeding may be present due to genetic location, abnormalities of the genital organs, the use of the intrauterine device. The situation is permanent or temporary.
- During the period of critical days, few people do without painkillers. Antispasmodics well relieve spasm, relieve pain. But at the same time affect the state of blood vessels. They expand, which provoke a decrease in blood pressure.
- Severe pain during the critical days is caused by an increased amount of prostaglandin hormones. They lower blood pressure.
- The presence of diseases of the vascular system, endocrine processes of the menstrual cycle only become more complicated. Then in one "bottle" arrhythmia, headache, weakness, low blood pressure.
Strict diet, not a balanced diet. A lack of vitamins, minerals in the body leads to a violation of the menstrual cycle - a delay of critical days, as well as a decrease in blood pressure.
Low blood pressure is provided by natural processes in the body during the period of critical days. But the presence of diseases, adverse factors make it critical. In a normal cycle, the body recovers after a critical day within a week. The hemoglobin rises, the psychoemotional state improves. The hormonal balance is changing - blood pressure rises. Or rather, it normalizes to normal values.
How to avoid troubles with blood pressure
It is not always reasonable to associate problems with AD only with the processes of the menstrual cycle. Because many factors contribute to this. But there is a close relationship. If the situation repeats every time, the woman needs to learn how to save vital energy, provide first aid.
With extremely low blood pressure in the period of critical days with the appearance of severe pain, take not antispasmodics, but, for example, analgesics. To accelerate the process of blood discharge on the eve of critical days, drink drugs that increase blood pressure. For example, Citramon.
- During the period of heavy bleeding, spend more time in bed. Take the hospital at work, allow classes at the university. Because in a weak state even loss of consciousness is possible.
- With elevated blood pressure can take antispasmodics. Avoid physical activity, vigorous activity shortly before the start of critical days.
Every woman's body is an individual system. It should be studied, learn how to smooth out the PMS or avoid them altogether. If necessary, you should seek help from specialists.
If during menstruation, the level of blood pressure jumps and the cause of this is not a problem in the cardiovascular or nervous system, then it means that it is affected by the hormones progesterone and estrogen. They are produced by the female body during different periods of the menstrual cycle and cause changes not only in mood, but also in the functioning of internal organs and vessels.
Influence of pressure on the reproductive system
Each woman in her own way endures critical days and the period preceding their onset. At the same time, even in healthy women, differences in blood pressure can be observed: it can both rise and fall. Fearing for their own health, some of the fair sex go to therapists and cardiologists, hoping to find out the cause of this phenomenon. However, they may not even realize that the gynecologist is the only doctor who can explain why blood pressure rises or falls before menstruation.
All phases of the menstrual cycle are influenced by hormones produced by the ovaries and the adrenal cortex. At the same time the leading functions in this matter belong to the hypothalamic-pituitary system. The central nervous system also takes an active part in regulating the synthesis of sex hormones. Thus, with the onset of a certain phase of the menstrual cycle, a natural change in hormonal levels occurs.
By measuring blood pressure you can find out with what force the blood presses against the walls of blood vessels. This indicator is regulated by one of the brain systems that are under the influence of hormones and the central nervous system. At the same time, blood pressure in the vessels has a direct effect on the functions of the hypothalamic-pituitary system, where the steroid hormones are synthesized, which are necessary for the full-fledged work of the female reproductive system. For this reason, a change in the balance of hormones, which characterizes the onset of PMS and subsequent critical days, can cause a decrease and increase in pressure.
Pressure fluctuations before menstruation
In the second phase of the menstrual cycle, the concentration of the hormone progesterone increases in the blood of women. The action of this hormone is aimed at creating favorable conditions for the ovum. Progesterone prepares the uterus, and contributes to the formation of the endometrial layer. But another major role of progesterone is that it relaxes the smooth muscles of the uterus, preventing rejection of the ovum.
During this period, progesterone promotes the formation of new blood vessels necessary for the safe pregnancy. And to ensure good blood flow in such a number of vessels, the blood pressure increases. This means that the increase in pressure before the onset of critical days is due to progesterone, and this condition is normal.
Before the most monthly concentration of progesterone in the blood decreases, and thus decreases the level of blood pressure.
Causes of pressure fluctuations during menstruation
The action of the hormone progesterone ends with the onset of menstruation, when the endometrial layer prepared by them along with blood is removed from the uterus. During this period it is important to prevent bleeding, and therefore the blood pressure in the vessels drops. This is facilitated by the loss of blood that goes out of the body along with menstrual secretions.
Why pressure increases before menstruation
The onset of the menstrual cycle is preceded by PMS or premenstrual syndrome. Although some women do not feel it, the majority of the fair sex complain of headaches, the cause of which is a change in vascular tone. Headache often indicates an increase in blood pressure. What factors contribute to the fact that the pressure rises?
- Progesterone promotes the accumulation of fluid in the tissues of the body, resulting in many women bother with swollen limbs. Excess water has a squeezing effect on the blood vessels. To push the blood, the heart increases blood pressure.
- Many women before menstruation become too susceptible. Any criticism can cause tears and irritability. This condition indicates changes in the central nervous system, occurring under the action of hormones, or rather, under their inaction. During this period, there is a decrease in the production of serotonin - the hormone of happiness. Many ladies fall into depression, due to which there is an increase in blood pressure.
Why pressure before menstruation decreases
If the pressure during the critical days begins to rise, this is not a pathology, since the onset of this factor is facilitated by the completely natural processes occurring in the body of women. Низкому давлению при месячных подвержены женщины, у которых наблюдается нейропсихическая форма ПМС, при которой преобладают психоэмоциональные расстройства.
Однако пониженный тонус сосудов во время месячных может свидетельствовать о наличии внутренних патологий.
- Diseases of the genital tract, for example, fibroids or endometriosis, increase bleeding, causing significant blood loss. As a result, there is a decrease in hemoglobin level, internal organs experience oxygen starvation, vascular tone decreases, and with it decreases blood pressure.
- Medications that have an antispasmodic effect, become indispensable helpers in the fight against pain that occurs in the first days of menstruation. These drugs relieve spasms of smooth muscles, helping to reduce vascular tone.
- The development of pain in critical days contributes to an increase in blood concentrations of prostaglandins, which lower blood pressure.
- Passion for strict diets leads to a deficiency of vitamins and nutrients. This factor leads to the fact that the menstrual cycle is broken, and the pressure, instead of rising, drops.
If a woman is healthy, then at the end of menstruation, all the processes that occur will return to the normal range, including pressure to increase to its normal levels.
How to solve problems with blood pressure
On the one hand, the problems arising from fluctuations in blood pressure are closely related to the phases of the menstrual cycle and the hormones regulating them.
However, there are many factors that influence its performance.
- Women whose blood pressure is low due to physiological reasons should not be carried away with antispasmodic drugs, which only exacerbate the difficult situation. To relieve a strong pain syndrome, it is more reasonable in this case to use drugs that have an analgesic effect. It will be better if they contain caffeine.
- If menstruation is accompanied by severe bleeding, it is necessary to consult a doctor and issue a sick-list. Avoid physical exertion and emotional stress. In this case, bed rest is shown.
- For women suffering from elevated blood pressure, antispasmodic drugs are suitable for relieving pain. But even on critical days and a few days before their occurrence, they should also abandon their active efforts in favor of a quiet home environment.
When menstruation ends, blood pressure returns to normal. If this does not happen, it is necessary to seek medical help, since the true cause of the problems may lie in diseases of the heart and blood vessels, organs of the endocrine system and the genital area.