Female genital health is the possibility of conception and the key to the birth of healthy, full-term babies. For this reason, women should always pay attention to the state of their body. And not only in childbearing age, but also when menopause occurs. Throughout life, the beautiful half of humanity can be plagued by various kinds of women's problems and diseases, the most frequent of which is endometrial hyperplasia. The treatment can be carried out both by surgical methods and by taking hormonal preparations, one of which is Norkolut. Responses in patients with endometrial hyperplasia are positive.
What is endometrial hyperplasia?
The inner surface of the uterus in a medical environment is called the endometrium. Under the influence of estrogen (female sex hormones), endometrial cells are able to grow rapidly. That is what happens in the first half of the menstrual cycle. Hyperplasia is a too active proliferation of endometrial cells, leading to excessive thickening of the uterine lining. This process can capture both the entire surface of the uterine lining and its individual sections.
Modern medicine is the main reason for the development of this disease is the increase in the level of estrogen in a woman's body. Increasing the amount of this hormone may be due to:
- treatment with estrogen preparations (and without the presence of progesterone),
- the presence in patients of the disease such as polycystic ovary syndrome,
In all these cases, Norkolut with endometrial hyperplasia can be very effective.
Composition, release form and pharmacological action
The main component of the drug - norethisterone in the amount of 5 mg. Starch (potato and corn), gelatin, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate act as auxiliary. The drug "Norcolut" (with endometrial hyperplasia in menopause and in reproductive age is equally effective) is offered to consumers in white tablets. Usually in one package - 20 pieces.
The drug is a member of the progestogen group. Under his influence, the mucous membrane of the uterus from the proliferative phase is transformed into the secretory one. Able to block gonadotropin production in the pituitary and suppress follicle maturation and ovulation.
The use of the drug "Norkolut" in endometrial hyperplasia reviews as medical professionals and patients do not position as the only area of impact of this drug. In addition to hyperplastic processes in the endometrial layer, it is used in the treatment of uterine bleeding of anovulatory type, endometriosis, mastodynia, and uterine myoma.
Also, health workers practice the appointment of this drug for dysmenorrhea and premenstrual syndrome, to prevent and stop lactation. In addition, taking Norkolut may be required to diagnose with a progesterone test.
Are there any contraindications for medication?
In the progestogen “Norkolut”, reviews with endometrial hyperplasia are mostly positive. However, this drug has a lot of contraindications. It is unacceptable to use during pregnancy, with malignant tumors of the female genital organs and the mammary gland, with various problems with the liver, with impaired functioning of the kidneys. Further, it is not prescribed in the presence of thromboembolism, thrombophlebitis in the acute stage, with a predisposition to the development of thrombosis.
"Norkolut" with endometrial hyperplasia can not be taken against the background of obesity, with infection with herpes, with a history of postponed pregnant cholestasis. A pubertal period and individual intolerance can be considered as a contraindication for taking Narkolut.
"Norkolut" with endometrial hyperplasia with menopause (as, indeed, in reproductive age) can trigger the development of certain negative reactions of the body. Among the most striking manifestations can be identified headaches, fatigue, weight gain. You can also hear from patients about the phenomena of dyspepsia, acyclic bloody vaginal discharge, skin rashes and edema of peripheral tissues.
If the use of the drug occurred for a sufficiently long period of time, there is a likelihood of thromboembolism and thrombosis.
Norkolut treatment regimen
For various kinds of diseases of the female genital sphere, the drug is taken according to different schemes. How to take "Norkolut" with endometrial hyperplasia? For this disease, usually medical specialists prescribe a drug for taking a short course - from 6 to 12 days. Depending on the patient’s health condition, one or two tablets may be prescribed during the day.
When the desired effect is achieved (the bleeding stops), the drug is continued to be taken at the same dosage, but for prophylactic purposes. The period of application - from the 16th to the 26th day of the menstrual cycle. In some cases, the scheme may be different, namely from the 5th to the 25th day. In parallel with the drug is recommended to take the hormone estrogen.
Taking this drug should monitor the condition of the blood, as it may increase the rate of coagulation and platelet count. This information is important for women over 45 who have a tendency to thrombosis and varicose veins.
However, it should be borne in mind that it is unacceptable to decide independently how to take Norkolut with endometrial hyperplasia after menopause. The decision to treat this medication should be made by a doctor after an examination and assessment of the woman’s health condition.
If we talk about this disease briefly, then the older the woman, the greater the likelihood of endometrial hyperplasia degenerating into a malignant tumor. At a young age, and even at 30, this disease cannot lead to cancer. However, if the process began to develop in the period of the onset of menopause, the risk is very great, and the woman should, without waiting for the appearance of bleeding and pain in the lower abdomen, immediately consult a doctor.
The treatment of this disease is usually carried out with the use of hormonal drugs, one of which is Norkolut. With endometrial hyperplasia in premenopausal hormone therapy gives very good results. In the majority of cases, complete healing occurs within six months after the start of treatment.
“Duphaston” or “Norkolut”?
In the medical environment, the use of Duphaston for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia is considered an effective therapy.
The essence of this drug is to increase the amount of progesterone in a woman’s body. The scope of this hormonal drug is quite wide: endometrial hyperplasia and endometriosis, dysmenorrhea and infertility, menstrual disorders and dysfunctional uterine bleeding. Duphaston selectively affects the endometrial layer, preventing the development of hyperplasia and carcinogenesis with an excessive level of estrogen. However, we must remember that this drug can not be used for contraception, that is, the occurrence of pregnancy with the reception of "Duphaston" is very likely.
The indications for taking Norkolut for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia have been discussed previously. The scope of this drug is wider than that of Duphaston. And the principle of its impact consists in the inhibition of the gonadotropic hormones of the pituitary gland, resulting in the inhibition of the process of maturation of follicles and the impossibility of ovulation. Thus, this drug may well provide effective protection from unwanted pregnancy.
As for the question of what is better - “Norkolut” or “Duphaston” - in case of endometrial hyperplasia, the decisive word here should be given to the attending physician, since only he can assess the state of health of his patient and select the most optimal treatment for achieving positive results. Although, according to subjective estimates of women, "Duphaston" affects the body more gently.
Why is Norkolut?
Currently, the pharmaceutical market is ready to offer its customers a range of products with similar composition. The effect of these funds on the body can be called similar, but each of them has its own characteristics. And if the attending doctor chose Norkolute, you can be sure that he has his reasons for it. A simple man in the street doesn’t know that one drug should not be taken during lactation, the other has a lot of contraindications due to various chronic diseases.
Of course, Norkolut has direct analogues - Pregnin and Orgametril. However, it is worth notifying the treating doctor about the replacement of the drug and read about reviews of the drug “Norkolut” with endometrial hyperplasia to find out how it was tolerated by women, what was its effectiveness, whether side effects often developed, etc.
Opinion of health workers about "Norkolute"
Opinions of experts about the drug can not be called unequivocally positive or negative.
Each doctor is guided by his preferences when choosing a medication and treatment regimen for his patient. Norkolut is widely used in the treatment of endometriosis, but it is too early to judge its effectiveness in uterine myoma: there is not enough information.
As for the drug "Norkolut" with endometrial hyperplasia, the reviews of doctors are mostly positive. Against the background of its use, the duration and intensity of uterine bleeding decreases. In addition, Norkolut declared itself as an effective means to call menstruation in violation of the menstrual cycle. Already on the 6th day, as a rule, the desired result occurs.
Patients about "Norcolute"
Significantly more opinions and arguments about the effectiveness of the use of the drug in various women's problems can be heard from the patients themselves. The drug "Norkolut" reviews with endometrial hyperplasia is assessed as very effective, quickly stopping uterine bleeding. You can take it and women in the reproductive age, and when menopause has already begun. There are reviews of a small number of patients with uterine myoma, who declare that, in their opinion, the disease does not progress against the background of Norkolut and has stopped developing.
Many women prescribed by the attending physicians took medication for an ovarian cyst (follicular, endomertioid formations) and received positive results. In addition, in the treatment of this drug women of childbearing age can not take care of contraception.
Among the most frequently mentioned by the women of Norkolut is a noticeable increase in body weight and quite frequent mood swings.
What is Duphaston?
The drug Duphaston (active ingredient: didrogesterone) is an analogue of the natural hormone progesterone.
It is used to treat gynecological diseases associated with progesterone deficiency. Gives a good therapeutic effect with simple typical endometrial hyperplasia in patients of childbearing age and older.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia Duphaston
Didrogesterone is the most prescribed progestogen. However, the expediency of its use depends on the morphological form of endometrial hyperplasia.
The effectiveness of Duphaston in various forms of endometrial hyperplasia
Duphaston Effectiveness Return to Table of Contents
What is Duphaston good for?
Currently, dydrogesterone is the safest and most well-tolerated synthetic progestogen. In its structure and properties, it is close to natural progesterone. Its high progestogenic activity is specific: it selectively targets the endometrium. That is why unwanted side effects associated with taking Duphaston are negligible.
Comparison of popular synthetic progestogens: Duphaston and Norkolut
The essence of the mechanism of pathology
To treat endometrial hyperplasia, you need to have a clear idea of the causes of its occurrence. Numerous studies indicate that hyperestrogene plays the main role in the development of hyperplastic processes. It is characterized by the production of increased levels of estrogen for various reasons, for example, in case of polycystic ovaries. The physiologically conditioned sensitivity of the endometrial receptors to the normal level of hormones ensures the cyclical growth of the inner layer and its exfoliation during the menstrual cycle.
Pathological elevation of estrogen levels in the balance of hormones causes the development of excessive proliferative processes in endometrial tissues (active cell division), and a low level of progesterone cannot sufficiently suppress the development of hyperplasia.
The treatment of pathology should be directed towards:
- stopping the active development of the hyperplastic process and the possibility of its regression,
- reduce the duration of profusion of uterine bleeding and prevent the occurrence of anemic phenomena,
- eliminate painful sensations
- prevention of oncopathology.
Since the degree of disease activity depends on the hormonal background, therapy, first of all, is associated with its normalization. One of the drugs providing stabilization of hormonal function is Norkolut. Take Norkolut recommended for disorders of the monthly cycle, the presence of heavy menstruation and other manifestations of endometrial hyperplastic pathology.
How does Norkolut
Norkolut's active active ingredient is norethisterone, which has a progestogenic effect. The drug helps reduce the sensitivity of receptors located inside the uterine mucosa to estrogens.
It speeds up the process of metabolic breakdown of estrogens, thereby reducing their concentration in the blood. Norethisterone facilitates the transition of the proliferation stage (active cell division) in the endometrial layer to the secretion stage. In the presence of a fertilized egg can maintain endometrial tissue in optimal condition for the further development of the ovum, significantly reducing the ability of the myometrium to contractile reactions.
Therapeutic doses of norethisterone act as a depressant in relation to the production of gonadotropic hormones by the pituitary gland, stimulating the production of estrogens. This leads to a situation where obstacles are created for the full maturation of the egg and its exit from the ovarian follicle. As a result, the effects of hyperestrogenia, which contribute to the development of hyperplastic processes, are reduced. Admission Norkolut due to the leveling of estrogen and a mild androgenic action helps to stop the abnormally active growth of endometrial epithelial cells.
Dosage and regimens Norkolut
The manual contains all the necessary information, but is intended more for the doctor, not for the patient. The drug is available only in tablet form. Each tablet contains norethisterone (5 mg) and a number of excipients: potato and corn starches, gelatin, silica, lactose monohydrate.
Drug treatment regimens depend on the specific disease. In the case of diagnosed pathology of endometrial hyperplasia, the medicine is prescribed to be taken by short courses from 1 to 2 weeks. Tablets drink 1-2 pieces per day. With a decrease in uterine bleeding, the drug is not immediately canceled, but continues to be taken for the purpose of prevention on certain days of the menstrual cycle, from the 15th to the 25th day. The gynecologist should carefully calculate the course of treatment depending on the patient's individual cycle and correct the start of the dose and the dose.
Norkolut has the ability to quickly be absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum concentration of the drug in the blood occurs within a couple of hours from the time of admission. Removal of Norkolut from the body to 70% is carried out through the activity of the liver.
The use of Norkolut is recommended to be combined with other drugs, for example, with immunostimulants or with mineral-vitamin complexes.
Control in the process of taking the drug Norkolut
Be sure to monitor the condition of the patient's blood during treatment with Norkolut. This is due to the fact that this drug can affect blood clotting rates by increasing the number of platelets. Such information is very important for middle-aged patients who are prone to the formation of blood clots. And especially for those who suffer from varicose veins.
The duration of the courses is individual and is a period of up to six months. Через 3 месяца назначается проведение гинекологического осмотра, УЗ-исследование, в отдельных случаях – аспирационная биопсия или процедура гистероскопии с раздельным диагностическим выскабливанием.Mandatory cytological examination of the cervix. All these measures make it possible to evaluate the effect of drug treatment, and, if necessary, make adjustments to the dosage and duration of treatment.
Some time after stopping the use of the drug, the disease may recur. To assess the feasibility of further medication, conduct a more detailed diagnosis of the state of appendages. In the absence of pathological processes in them, the doctor recommends to continue the course of treatment with the obligatory observation in dynamics.
It is very important to choose the right dosage of the drug, because doses higher than those required by the body can bring the anabolic and androgenic effect of the drug to an undesirable level for the woman. The following side effects may occur in the form of androgenization phenomena, expressed in varying degrees:
- hair growth in areas of the body that were previously free of hair,
- significant hair thinning on the temporal part of the head,
- the appearance of acne in the areas of the forehead, chin, on the wings of the nose,
- increase of skin fat content due to enhanced separation of sebum,
- a significant increase in body weight in a short period,
Norkolut in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia received feedback with a high percentage of positive ratings, but despite this, independent decision-making on its use is unacceptable. The feasibility of treating this pathology with Norkolut and how to take pills can be assessed only by an experienced gynecologist, taking into account the health status of the woman.
List of contraindications
Norkolut is absolutely contraindicated in the following conditions:
- tumors with suspected malignant process,
- in the presence of an allergic reaction to the components of the drug.
Other contraindications include:
- state of pregnancy
- liver diseases, such as hepatitis,
- blood loss with unclear etiology,
- indicators of increased blood clotting,
- renal failure
- hypertension, diabetes.
Before starting treatment with Norkolut, it is necessary to undergo a series of examinations, including a thorough gynecological examination, determination of the state of the mammary glands and tests for the level of hormones in the blood.
If a patient has a depressive history, the drug is prescribed with extreme caution, and canceled when its progression is observed.
Reviews of medical specialists
Among the feedback from doctors who observe women about the pathology of endometrial hyperplasia, positive responses predominate over negative ones. Experts note a decrease in the intensity and duration of uterine bleeding. Within a short time, there is a significant improvement in the condition of the patients, and the recurrence of menstruation is normalized. After treatment with Norkolut, the activity of hyperplastic processes is significantly reduced, which is confirmed by clinical studies.
Could not get pregnant, menstruation went irregularly. She was treated by a gynecologist for inflammation of the appendages. But the pregnancy did not come. Further examination showed an excess of the endometrial thickness. After receiving all the results of the tests diagnosed with "hyperplasia." Turned to reproduction for observation. He advised to start drinking Norkolut. I did not think that the course would help. But according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor, I took the pill for almost half a year. Monthly restored in my schedule, now I can plan a pregnancy, because the control ultrasound on different days of the cycle showed the normal thickness of the endometrium. The truth for this time has gotten better, but the result is worth it, I’ll lose weight with the sport.
Between the months began bleeding. She consulted with a familiar gynecologist, said, you can drink Janine, but did not dare to buy pills without examination. And rightly so. It turned out that when I was tested for hormones, progesterone deficiency was found. On ultrasound, the diagnostician identified an enlarged endometrium that did not correspond to the day of the cycle. The doctor recommended Norkolut and painted the scheme. I drank the drug for 3 months and the spotting between months was gone. Now we need to make control. The doctor said that it may be necessary to continue the course, but I hope that with the help of Norkolut, the endometrium will return to normal.
I can not say that there was no side effect while taking Norkolut. Recovered in 2 months at 5 kg, and acne appeared. But the gynecologist said that you need to adjust the diet and the condition will improve, and the fact that the monthly have become not so strong and painful - is already a big plus. With my endometrial condition, which has begun to grow strongly, you need to evaluate the benefits of the drug in this direction, and you can cope with acne later. I think you need to listen to the doctor. According to his advice, I continue to drink the drug and hope that with the next examination, the condition of the endometrium will be better.
Endometrial hyperplasia - what is it?
Endometrium in medicine, and specifically gynecology, is called the inner surface of the uterus. Endometrial cells have the ability to grow rapidly and grow under the influence of female sex hormones, such as estrogens. This process is observed in the first half of the menstrual cycle. Excessive growth of endometrial cells is called hyperplasia. As a consequence, there is a thickening of the inner mucosa of the uterus. Hyperplasia can be formed both on the entire inner surface of the uterus, and locally, in certain areas.
Modern doctors believe that the increase in the level of estrogen in the body is the main cause of hyperplasia in women. Estrogen levels can be increased in the presence of a disease such as polycystic ovarian disease, as well as as a result of general obesity.
In all the above situations, Norkolut tablets can be an effective treatment.
The scope of the drug
According to the instructions for use "Norkolut", this drug can be administered with endometrial hyperplasia. In any case, this is evidenced by positive reviews and patients undergoing treatment, and directly medical professionals. However, Norkolut has a slightly wider range of uses. Thus, it can also be prescribed for mastodonia, myoma, endometriosis and other similar diseases related to pathologies with uterine bleeding, which is important, of anovulatory type.
Another area of application of this drug is the presence of dysmenorrhea and premenstrual syndrome. It can be used to stop or prevent the onset of lactation. In some cases, “Norkolut” may be appointed during the diagnosis, which uses a progesterone test.
The main contraindications to the use of "Norkolut"
Despite the large number of positive reviews of "Norcolute" with endometrial hyperplasia, when using the drug, we should not forget that, like any other drug, it has a number of contraindications. Unfortunately, there are many of them.
It is important to bear in mind that taking the drug is unacceptable during pregnancy, in the presence of malignant tumor formations in the area of the female genital organs or mammary glands. Contraindications to the use is also the presence of liver disease or kidney dysfunction, as well as with a predisposition to thrombosis, thrombophlebitis.
You can not use the tablets "Norkolut" for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, if it is caused by general obesity of the body, in case of infection with herpes, after pregnant cholestasis.
The drug is also contraindicated in the pubertal period and in case of individual intolerance of its constituent components.
Endometrial hyperplasia of the uterus during menopause
If you do not go into the physiological details and do not go into medicine, then we can briefly say that the probability of rebirth of endometrial hyperplasia into a malignant tumor depends on the age of the patient. The older the woman, the greater the likelihood. Hyperplasia cannot lead to cancer if the patient is 30 years old or less. However, if the disease occurred during menopause, then the likelihood of developing cancer, unfortunately, is very high. In this regard, medical staff recommends that women immediately consult a specialist when beginning menopause. Do not wait for the appearance of bleeding, pain, and, accordingly, the development of endometrial hyperplasia.
As a rule, in the treatment of this disease use hormonal drugs, which include "Norkolut." Hormone therapy during the menopause often justifies itself and shows good results. With properly planned treatment, under the supervision of a good specialist and following the instructions for using Norkolut, a complete cure for endometrial hyperplasia is observed in six months.
Reviews of medical workers about "Norcolute"
Undoubtedly, the opinions of various specialists about a particular drug cannot be unanimous, unequivocally negative or positive.
Any doctor has his own preferences in the choice of medicines for his patient. "Norkolut" is widely used in the treatment of endometriosis, but sufficient data on its action in myoma is not yet available.
Regarding this drug, reviews of "Norcolute" in endometrial hyperplasia are overwhelmingly positive. This is the conclusion of experts. As a result of its use, the intensity and duration of uterine secretions is reduced, the patient's well-being improves in the short term. Also, doctors mark "Norkolut" as an effective drug for menstrual disorders.
Based on this article, we found out why “Norkolut” is prescribed, the advantages over other drugs, analogues, side effects and the time of administration.
Causes and treatment of hyperplasia
The endometrial hyperplastic process develops for various reasons and is diagnosed in women of any age category. At the same time, glandular and fibrous tissues undergo a number of changes. This happens under the influence of the following factors:
- lack of hormone progesterone, triggered by individual characteristics of the body or hereditary predisposition,
- age-related hormonal changes (menopause and menopause),
- endocrine system pathologies,
- recent surgical intervention in the reproductive organs.
Therapy involves performing tasks such as:
- suppression of the pathological process
- cure the disease
- relief of pain,
- normalization of the menstruation cycle,
- prevention of the development of malignant tumors.
In the process of conducting conservative therapy, hormonal drugs are used. It may be oral contraceptives, gonadotropins, antiestrogens.
Sometimes used folk remedies for the treatment of hyperplasia, therefore, we recommend to read additional information on this topic.
In the normal course of the menstrual cycle, estrogen changes under the influence of estrogen. This is to ensure that the ovum is easier to implant into it. The reproductive organ increases the endometrium. It becomes thicker and acquires a loose structure, thereby improving blood circulation. If the fixation of the egg does not occur, under the influence of progesterone, the functional layer is destroyed and leaves during the critical days.
In case of successful implantation of the ovum, progesterone stimulates the full maturation of the endometrium. If a hormonal failure occurs in the body, the tissues of the reproductive organ begin to grow abnormally and are not destroyed at the right time. As a consequence, there is a violation of the monthly cycle, there are bloody discharge outside the regulatory period and excessive menses after a delay. Significant blood loss leads to the development of anemia, which is accompanied by dizziness and weakness. Often at the beginning of the pathological process it becomes impossible to become pregnant.
How to use Duphaston
Therapy aimed at eliminating hormonal deficiency must be competent and reasonable. Taking Duphaston for hyperplasia should be strictly prescribed by a doctor. The treatment regimen is selected on an individual basis, taking into account the need to preserve reproductive function. In conjunction with this tool can be used candles that are inserted into the vagina, and medicines that have a systemic effect.
Treatment Duphaston involves taking the drug from the 16th to the 25th day of the cycle. In some cases, 1-2 tablets daily drink from the 5th to the 25th day.
If the pathology is diagnosed in women during menopause, the daily dose is 2-3 tablets. They are taken from the 5th to the 25th day of the cycle or from the 16th to the 25th.
During the age adjustment period, the reproductive function fades away. The concentration of estrogen gradually decreases, the release of the egg from the follicle becomes impossible. The corpus luteum develops defective, respectively, progesterone begins to be produced in smaller quantities. At the same time, even a small concentration of estrogen can lead to pathological changes in the layers of the reproductive organ. This is the reason for the need for hormone therapy.
The duration of treatment varies from six months to nine months. Every three months, a series of examinations is carried out, based on the results of which the doctor decides whether further treatment is advisable using this drug.
Indications and contraindications for use
Djufastone treatment is indicated in the following cases:
- endometriosis and various problems with the layer of the reproductive organ, including hyperplasia,
- infertility, which occurred due to insufficient concentration of luteins,
- the threat of miscarriage or frequent spontaneous abortions triggered by progesterone deficiency,
- secondary amenorrhea,
- uterine bleeding dysfunctional nature.
Despite the high efficacy of the drug, in some cases it is contraindicated to take it. Among the contraindications are the following:
- liver disease,
- allergic to active and auxiliary components,
- prone to itching of the skin,
- excessive body weight.
Once GHP therapy has been initiated, it is imperative to end the menstrual cycle. Accordingly, resort to the appointment of oral contraceptives. If the condition of the woman does not improve, then curettage of the mucous layer is performed in order to carry out diagnostic measures. At the same time take tissue samples for subsequent histological examination.
Spotting is eliminated by the use of hemostatic agents. It is recommended for pain to take painkillers. In some cases, therapy includes blood substitutes, drugs that contribute to the normalization of water-salt balance, and vitamin complexes.
When you receive Duphaston selection may take an unusual character, therefore, recommends that you familiarize yourself with additional information on this issue.
After the bleeding stops, the second stage of endometrial hyperplasia therapy begins. Hormonal preparations that prevent thickening and abnormal growth of the endometrium in the uterus are used.
Due to the intake of Duphaston, the concentration of progesterone is increased. This has a positive effect on the state of the reproductive organ. Take the drug three times during the day. A single dosage is 10 mg. Therapy with its use begins on the 5th day of the cycle, and ends on the 25th day.
If the development of the disease is observed in combination with disorders in the endocrine system, then resort to additional administration of drugs from the group of antagonists. Sedatives are taken in the case of the psychosomatic nature of the pathology. Thus it is possible to eliminate the causes of inflammation and prevent further growth of the endometrium.
At the next stage, the main task is to restore cyclicity. It is imperative that ovulation becomes regular. Due to this, the cycle is fully restored, and the reproductive system begins to function normally. This moment is extremely important in the treatment of hyperplasia.
Duphaston helps to normalize the level of hormones, due to which ovulation appears.
Due to the fact that the estrogenic effect has been eliminated, the reproductive function is restored, the pathological process is suspended. After ovulation, progesterone begins to be intensively produced, which is necessary for the normal flow of the menstrual cycle.
Hyperplasia can cause female infertility. Therefore, after the end of the main therapeutic measures, it is recommended to undergo inspection and ultrasound examination at least once every six months, measure the thickness of the uterine layer and, if necessary, perform curettage. Oral contraceptives may also be prescribed during this period. Стоит учитывать, что нередко их компоненты провоцируют побочные эффекты.Selection of medicines in this group is carried out exclusively by a doctor.
Hormonal treatment of endometrial hyperplasia
Hormonal treatment of endometrial hyperplasia is designed to suppress pathological processes, that is, to stop the growth of the endometrium and to inhibit the release of gonadotropic hormones and streroidogen in the ovaries. For the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia using a number of drugs, the use of which depends on the severity of proliferation.
- Combined compounds - COC estrogen drugs. Most often, drugs containing the third generation progestogens are used, since they have a minimum of adverse reactions and do not cause metabolic effects (Regulon, Mersilon, Silest, Marvelon).
- Progestogenic drugs - used to treat endometrial hyperplasia with the help of a blocking effect on the growth of the epithelium.
- GnRH agonists are used to treat various hormone-dependent pathologies. The most popular and effective drugs from this group are: Buseril, Goserelin, Triptorelin. The preparations are highly effective, and the positive therapeutic effect is achieved due to the blocking of affected cells.
Hormonal treatment of endometrial hyperplasia is a kind of alternative to surgical intervention. So, when uterine bleeding using hormone-containing IUD. And to prevent recurrence of the disease and restore hormonal levels - combined oral contraceptives.
Hormonal treatment of atypical endometrial hyperplasia
The only true and effective method of treating this disease for atypia is the complete removal of the uterus. But the question of the amputation of an organ is individual for each woman. With the advent of highly effective synthetic hormonal drugs, the question of surgery is not so acute. That is, hormonal treatment can cure the initial forms of endometrial cancer and endometrial hyperplasia with atypia. Gestagens (Medroxyprogesterone, Hydroxyprogesterone caproate), GnRH agonists (Goserelin, Buserelin), antigonadotropins (Danazol, Gestrinone) are used for treatment.
The results of hormonal treatment completely depend on the type and nature of the atypia. Thus, treatment with progestins is effective in structural atypia, but is not effective in cellular. Hormonal treatment is not effective in atypical endometrial hyperplasia and pathologies of the ovaries and myometrium. In the course of treatment, small doses of progestins and estrogens are added, this allows to improve the results of therapy.
Organ-preserving hormone therapy should take place under the strict supervision of a physician. The criterion of recovery, in this case, is considered complete atrophy of the endometrium. If the disease recurs after stopping the use of hormonal drugs, the woman will have an amputation of the uterus and ovaries.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with duphaston
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with duphaston is an effective hormone therapy. Duphaston is a drug used to increase progesterone in the female body. The drug does not possess androgenic, corticoid, estrogenic, anabolic or thermogenic effects.
The main indications for the use of the drug - treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, dysmenorrhea and endometriosis. The drug is also effective in the treatment of infertility, which arises due to luteal insufficiency. Duphaston is effective in various disorders of the menstrual cycle and in dysfunctional uterine bleeding. The drug is effective as hormone replacement therapy.
The drug is produced in the form of tablets, the active ingredient - dydrogesterone. In its molecular structure, pharmacological and chemical properties, the active substance is similar to natural progesterone. Since didrogesterone is not a derivative of testosterone, it does not have side effects that are characteristic of synthetic progestogens. The drug selectively affects the endometrial layer and prevents the development of endometrial hyperplasia and carcinogenesis with an excess of estrogens.
The drug is not a contraceptive, therefore it makes it possible to conceive a child and save pregnancy even during treatment. Duphaston is rapidly absorbed and absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract. The drug is excreted in the urine, usually in the form of glucuronic acid conjugates. For the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, Duphaston is taken continuously in 10 mg three times a day, from 5 to 25 days of the cycle. Side effects of the drug are manifested in the form of headache, migraine, increased sensitivity of the mammary glands, weakness, breakthrough uterine bleeding. Rash and other allergic skin reactions may occur. Duphaston is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance to the components of the drug. The drug is released only by medical prescription.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with norkolut
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with norkolut is a therapy with a drug that is very often used in gynecology. The drug is available in tablet form. The composition of Norkolut includes hormones that affect the state of the mucous membrane of the uterus, that is, the endometrium. The drug reduces the tone of the uterus and increases the amount of tissue in the mammary glands, which are responsible for lactation.
The active ingredient of the drug is norethisterone, a substance that belongs to the gestagens, but has the properties of estrogen and androgen. Therapeutic doses of the drug contribute to the inhibition of the ganadotropic hormones of the pituitary gland, which delays the maturation of the follicles and prevents the onset of ovulation. After ingestion, the drug is rapidly absorbed, the maximum concentration is observed 2 hours after ingestion. The drug is excreted by the liver, and the half-life is from 3 to 10 hours.
- The main indications for the use of the drug: menstrual disorders, endometriosis, mastodinia, endometrial hyperplasia, uterine adenomyoma, cystic-glandular changes in the endometrium, uterine bleeding in menopause.
- The regimen of reception of the drug is a doctor. Dosage and duration of treatment depend on the disease and pathologies that require treatment. So, if the drug is taken with cystic glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium, then patients are prescribed 5-10 mg of the drug for 6-10 days. When uterine bleeding, the drug is taken in the same dosage, but from 16 to 15 day of the cycle. When hormonal disorders, the drug is taken for a long period of time at a dose of 5 mg.
- The use of the drug can cause side effects, which manifest themselves as: headache, dyspepsia, increase or decrease in body weight, breast engorgement, asthenia.
- Norcolut is contraindicated for use in endometrial atypical hyperplasia, malignant tumors of the mammary glands and reproductive organs. The drug is not prescribed to patients with epilepsy, pathologies of the liver, heart or kidneys, with bleeding disorders, bronchial asthma.
- Norkolut is not recommended at the same time to use with hypoglycemic drugs, steroids and drugs that affect the processes of the liver and kidneys. The drug is only available on medical prescription.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with buserelin
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with buserelin is hormone therapy, which is used in combination with other drugs. Buserelin inhibits the synthesis of testosterone and a hormone that causes the formation of the corpus luteum in the ovary. The use of the drug causes a kind of pharmacological castration, that is, a condition that is similar to the removal of the sex glands. Buserelin is well absorbed by the mucous membrane and creates high concentrations in the blood plasma.
- The main indications for the use of the drug are therapy for prostate cancer, a decrease in the level of testosterone in the blood. The drug is used in the complex hormonal treatment of endometrial hyperplasia.
- Take the drug according to an individually drawn up by the doctor scheme. Duration and dosage depend on the form of hyperplasia, the age of the patient and the individual characteristics of her body. Since the drug is released in the form of injections and nasal spray, the dosage should be carefully controlled by the attending physician.
- The drug causes side effects that manifest as hot flashes, digestive disorders, decreased sexual desire and thrombosis. Buserelin is not prescribed for individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia zhanin
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia zhanin has proven its effectiveness. And this is not surprising, since the prognosis of any disease depends on how correctly selected drugs for treatment. During treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, it is very important to normalize and restore the menstrual cycle. Conventional contraceptive drugs do not always cope with this task due to hormonal levels. That is why, for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, Janine is used.
Janine is a low-dose oral multi-phase combined contraceptive drug, which includes estrogen and gestagen. The action of the drug is aimed at suppressing ovulation at the level of hypothalamic-pituitary regulation, changing the endometrium, which makes it impossible to implant a fertilized egg and change the properties of the cervical secretion, which makes it impermeable to sperm. The use of the drug makes the menstrual cycle regular, reduces the intensity of bleeding and pain of menstruation.
- The main indications for the use of the drug is contraception. For endometrial hyperplasia, the drug is used in a complex of hormonal therapy. Janine is effective in treating this pathology in women of reproductive age, performing therapeutic, contraceptive and prophylactic functions.
- Non-compliance with the rules of use of the drug, dosage and duration of use, recommended by the doctor, cause side effects. The main side effects of Janine are manifested as an increase, tenderness and tension of the mammary glands, the appearance of discharge from the breast, breakthrough uterine bleeding and bleeding, disruption of the gastrointestinal tract, changes in libido, allergic reactions, changes in body weight, fluid retention and others.
- The drug is contraindicated to take with arterial and venous thrombosis, after suffering heart attacks and strokes. The drug is prohibited for patients with migraine and focal neurological symptoms in history, diabetes, pancreatitis, liver failure and tumors in the kidneys. Janine is not used for the treatment of atypical endometrial hyperplasia and for malignant diseases of the genital organs and mammary glands. The drug is not prescribed to pregnant women and during lactation. Individual intolerance to one of the components of the drug is a contraindication to its use.
- In case of overdose, Janine causes vomiting, nausea, metrorrhagia, spotting. With the above symptoms, symptomatic treatment is necessary, since there is no specific antidote.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia after curettage
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia after curettage is a course of hormonal therapy. The choice of optimal drugs depends on the patient's age, concomitant diseases and the type of endometrial hyperplasia. Preparations for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia are selected by the attending physician, individually for each woman.
- Most often, in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia after curettage, drugs that contain gestagens are used, as they are suitable for women of all ages. The pill is taken on the 16th to the 25th day of the menstrual cycle, and the duration of therapy is 3-6 months. For treatment after curettage, such progestogens are used as: Norkolut, Norluten, Utrozhestan, Provera, 17-OPK, Progesterone, Depo-Provera.
- For complex endometrial hyperplasia, which is accompanied by endocrine-metabolic disorders in patients older than 35 years, use drugs of the GnRH agonist group. Drugs take 50-150 mg daily, the course of treatment is combined with the reception of gestagens and takes from 3 to 6 months. The most effective drugs from this group are: Buserelin, Goserelin, Diferelin.
- In addition to GnRH agonists and gestagens, for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia after curettage, combined therapy with estrogen-gestagen preparations is used. Drugs in this group can be monophasic and three-phase oral contraceptives. Such drugs are effective for treating endometrial hyperplasia in women younger than 35 years old. Monophasic drugs take from 5 to 25 day of the menstrual cycle one tablet, three-phase - from 1 to 28 day of the cycle. Effective monophasic combination drugs: Marvelon, Logest, Rigevidon, Miniziston, Janine, Femoden. Of the three-phase drugs for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia after the procedure of scraping, it is recommended: Triziston, Triqualar, Tristep.
Please note that after a course of hormonal treatment, it is imperative to undergo a control ultrasound and aspiration of the contents of the uterus. As a rule, studies are carried out three and six months after the start of hormonal treatment.
Mirena in endometrial hyperplasia
Mirena in endometrial hyperplasia is used for hormone therapy. Clinico-pharmacological group of the drug - intrauterine contraceptive. The Mirena Mirena, that is, the intrauterine therapy system consists of a white hormone-elastomer core, has a high release rate of the active substance 20 μg / 24 h, a T-shaped body with loops at one end and threads to remove the system. Mirena, placed in a conductor tube, while the system itself and the conductor have no impurities. The active substance of the Navy is levonorgestrel.
The Navy Mirena, has a progestogenic effect, levonorgestrel is released into the uterus. High concentrations of the active substance reduce the sensitivity of estrogen and progesterone receptors. Because of this, the endometrium becomes immune to estradiol and has a strong anti-proliferative effect.
Mirena is effective in preventing endometrial hyperplasia and as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent for endometrial pathologies. The drug is injected into the uterus, the release rate of the active substance is 20 mg per day, and after five years of use of the drug, the rate is reduced to 10 mg per day.
- The main indications for the use of the drug are contraception, prevention and treatment of endometrial hyperplasia during estrogen replacement therapy.
- The drug is contraindicated during pregnancy and when it is suspected. Mirena is contraindicated in inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, malignant neoplasms of the cervix and uterus, in cervical dysplasia, pathological bleeding of unknown etiology, cervicitis. IUDs are not used for congenital or acquired uterine anomalies, for liver diseases and hypersensitivity to the drug.
- The effectiveness of the Navy Mirena, lasts for five years. The spiral is given to women who receive hormone replacement therapy in combination with transdermal or oral estrogen preparations.
- Before installing Mirena, it is very important to completely eliminate pathological processes in the endometrium. Since in the first months after the installation of the helix there may be irregular bleeding and spotting. The system is removed after five years.
- Side effects of the Navy Mirena, manifested in the form of nausea, headaches, bleeding, lengthening or shortening of the menstrual cycle. In this case, adverse reactions, as a rule, appear only in the first month after the installation of the system. The drug is released only by medical prescription.
Orgametril in endometrial hyperplasia
Orgametril for endometrial hyperplasia is a monohormonal oral contraceptive that is used at the time of hormone therapy. The active ingredient of the drug is lynestrenol, a progestogen, which, by the principle of its action, is similar to natural progesterone. The substance affects the transformation processes in the endometrial layer in the uterus and contributes to the treatment of diseases that are associated with menstrual disorders.
The drug is used as an adjuvant for the treatment of post and premenopausal disorders, which are caused by endometrial hyperplasia. Prolonged use of the drug inhibits the processes of ovulation and menstrual function. Orgametril is effective in the treatment of atypical hyperplasia.
- Основные показания к применению препарата – гиперплазия эндометрия, злокачественные новообразования и патологические процессы в эндометрии, полименорея, аменорея, предменструальный синдром, мастопатия, эндометриоз, меноррагия и метроррагия, необходимость подавления овуляции.
- Препарат принимают внутрь, запивая большим количеством воды. The treatment regimen using Orgametril is prepared by the doctor, individually for each patient. But, as a rule, in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, the drug is taken on 2.5-5 mg per day, in the first two weeks of each month, in combination therapy with estrogen drugs.
- Side effects Orgametril manifest in the form of nausea, diarrhea, headache. In some cases, the drug causes jaundice, chloasma, allergic reactions on the skin, decreased libido, increased or decreased body weight, breakthrough bleeding, anxiety, swelling and tension of the mammary glands.
- Orgametril is not prescribed for individual intolerance to the active ingredients of the drug, for liver pathologies, jaundice, congenital disorders of cholesterol metabolism, porphyria, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, ectopic pregnancy, and pruritus. With extreme caution, Orgametril is prescribed to patients with arterial hypertension, thromboembolism, depression and CHF.
- Since the active ingredient of the drug has a low toxicity, there are no cases of overdose. Sometimes, patients develop symptoms of depression.
- The drug is produced in the form of tablets, 30 pieces per pack. The drug is available on medical prescription, the shelf life of Orgametril is five years from the date of issue indicated on the packaging of the drug.
Utrozhestan with endometrial hyperplasia
Urozhestan with endometrial hyperplasia is an effective drug based on female sex hormones. The active ingredient of the drug is progesterone (hormone, yellow body of the ovary). The use of the drug contributes to normal secretory transformations in the endometrium of the uterus. Utrozhestan potentiates the transition of the mucous layer from the proliferative to the secretory phase. So, during fertilization of the egg, the drug causes changes in the endometrium, which contributes to the development of the embryo, that is, implantation. Antialdosterone effect of the drug enhances urination.
- The drug is prescribed for remedial therapy for endogenous progesterone deficiency. Oral use Utrozhestan helps in the treatment of infertility caused by insufficiency of the corpus luteum, with menstrual disorders due to ovulation disorders, with premenstrual syndrome and in combination with estrogenic drugs for hormone replacement therapy for endometrial hyperplasia and menopausal syndrome.
- Intravaginal use of the drug helps to maintain the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle in preparation for in vitro fertilization and donation of eggs. The drug is used for the prevention of endometriosis, endometrial hyperplasia, uterine fibroids. Utrozhestan is effective in treating abortion threats that have occurred against the background of progesterone deficiency.
- Apply the drug orally or intravaginally. Dosage and duration of use are indicated by the attending physician. For example, with progesterone deficiency, women are prescribed 200-300 mg of the drug each, which must be divided into evening and morning intake.
- Urozhestan causes side effects that manifest as intermenstrual bleeding, dizziness a couple of hours after taking the drug, drowsiness, hypersensitivity reactions.
- The drug is contraindicated to use when bleeding from the genital tract of unknown origin, with incomplete abortion, porphyria, a tendency to thrombosis, allergic reactions to the active ingredients of the drug. Utrozhestan is not prescribed to patients with malignant diseases of the reproductive organs and impaired hepatic functions.
- Overdose Utrozhestan causes symptoms similar to the symptoms of side effects. As a rule, symptoms of overdose disappear after reducing the dose of the drug.
Lindinet 30 with endometrial hyperplasia
Lindinet 30 for endometrial hyperplasia is used in hormone therapy. The drug is a combined oral contraceptive. That is, the main indication for the use of the drug is contraception - the prevention of unwanted pregnancy.
- Lindinet 30 is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, with migraine with focal neurological symptoms, with liver diseases and thromboembolic processes, arterial thrombosis. The drug is not prescribed to patients with hormone-dependent malignant diseases of the genital organs and mammary glands, that is, the drug is not effective in atypical endometrial hyperplasia.
- Side effects of Lindinet 30 manifest as headaches, migraines, low mood. The drug causes disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, changes in body weight, changes in vaginal secretion, pain and engorgement of the mammary glands. In some patients, taking the drug causes fluid retention in the body and hypersensitivity reactions.
Visanna in endometrial hyperplasia
Viszanne in endometrial hyperplasia is a gestagen. That is, the drug is used in hormone therapy in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia. The drug is produced in the form of tablets. The active ingredient of the drug is micronized dienogest, is a derivative of nortestosterone, which has antiandrogenic activity. The main indications for the use of the drug are the treatment of endometriosis, endometrial pathologies and endometrial hyperplasia of the uterus.
- The drug is taken orally, the drug is rapidly absorbed, and its bioavailability is about 91%. After oral administration, about 86% of the drug is excreted within 6 days, while the main part is excreted in the first 25 hours, usually by the kidneys.
- The dosage of the drug is selected by the doctor, individually for each woman. As a rule, the duration of the drug is six months. Visanna can be taken on any day of the menstrual cycle, but reception must be continuous, even breakthrough bleeding from the vagina will begin.
- In case of overdose, Vizanna causes disruption in the gastrointestinal tract, spotting, metrorrhagia. With the above manifestations, symptomatic treatment is carried out.
- Side effects of the drug may appear in the first months of admission. The most common of them: headache, decrease in mood, bleeding and spotting from the vagina, acne.
- The drug is contraindicated in case of acute thrombophlebitis or venous thromboembolism, diseases of the cardiovascular system and arteries, and diabetes. Visanna is not prescribed to women with severe liver diseases, including tumors, with hormone-dependent malignant tumors, bleeding from the vagina of unknown origin. The drug is prohibited for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia in children and adolescents under 18 years of age due to the fact that the efficacy and safety of such treatment has not been established.
- With special care, Vizanna is prescribed for patients with a history of an ectopic pregnancy, chronic heart failure, depression, and arterial hypertension.
Yarin with endometrial hyperplasia
Yarin in endometrial hyperplasia, used in hormone therapy, as a low-dose monophasic oral contraceptive with antiandrogenic effect. The main indications for the use of the drug - the prevention of unwanted pregnancy, that is, contraception. The drug is used in hormone therapy for pathologies of the endometrium of the uterus. The drug is useful for women who suffer from acne and hormone-dependent fluid retention.
- Dosage and duration of use of the drug are selected by the doctor, individually for each woman. As a rule, with endometrial hyperplasia, Yarina is taken for six months.
- The drug causes side effects that manifest as pain and discharge from the mammary glands, headache, gastrointestinal disorders, changes in vaginal secretion, changes in body weight and hypersensitivity reactions.
- Yarin is not prescribed to patients with thrombosis, diabetes mellitus with vascular complications. In severe liver diseases, hormone-dependent malignant diseases of the genital organs, vaginal bleeding of unknown origin and in case of hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
- In case of overdose, the drug causes nausea, vomiting, vaginal bleeding. Treatment of overdose is symptomatic, since there is no special antidote.
Regulatory for endometrial hyperplasia
Regulatory in endometrial hyperplasia is used as a combined contraceptive with an estrogen component and a gestagen. The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the inhibition of the production of gonadotropins, which makes ovulation impossible, increases the density of cervical mucus, changes the processes in the endometrium and prevents sperm from entering the uterus.
- The main indications for the use of the drug are the treatment of dysfunctional uterine bleeding, hormonal therapy for endometrial hyperplasia, contraception, treatment of menstrual disorders, PMS and dysmenorrhea.
- The dosage and duration of the drug are selected by the doctor, individually for each woman. Regulon is recommended to take from the first day of the menstrual cycle. The drug is taken one tablet per day, preferably at the same time.
- Side effects of Regulon are manifested as disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, abnormal liver function, the appearance of intermenstrual bleeding, impaired normal vaginal microflora, decreased libido, changes in vaginal secretions. In rare cases, Regulon causes an increase in blood pressure, weight gain, headache and an allergic rash.
- Regulon is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance of one of the components of the drug, during pregnancy and lactation. The drug is not prescribed to women with liver disease, hypertension, migraine, herpes of the second type and with epilepsy. Regulon is contraindicated for patients with estrogen-dependent tumors, coagulation disorders, bleeding from the genital tract of unknown etiology and in severe forms of diabetes.
- An overdose of the drug causes headache, cramps in the calf muscles, dyspepsia. Treatment of overdose is symptomatic, since there is no antidote.
Marvelon in endometrial hyperplasia
Marvelone for endometrial hyperplasia is used during hormonal treatment. The drug is an oral contraceptive. The main indications for Marvelon are pregnancy prevention, that is, contraception. The drug is taken from the first for the menstrual cycle and for 21 days. Every day, a woman needs to drink one tablet of the drug at the same time.
Marvelon is recommended to be taken only as prescribed by a doctor, as the drug is contraindicated in case of abnormal liver function, inflammation of the gallbladder, tendency to thrombosis and in the presence of malignant tumors. In some cases, the drug causes side effects in the form of an increase in body weight and swelling of the mammary glands. Marvelon is produced in the form of tablets of 10 mg. One tablet contains progestin desogestrel and ethinyl estradiol estrogen.
Clayra with endometrial hyperplasia
Clayra in endometrial hyperplasia is a low-dose, combined oral contraceptive. The drug is a multi-phase drug, so it is well tolerated by patients of all ages. Clayra tablets have a different color, indicating that they contain different doses of hormones. The drug is released with two inactive pills that allow you to take contraceptive continuously. The contraceptive effect of the drug is due to inhibition of ovulation, a decrease in the sensitivity of the endometrium to the blastocyst, and an increase in cervical mucus.
- The drug is used to reduce the duration and intensity of bleeding during menstruation. The drug reduces pain in the period of premenstrual syndrome and menstruation. A hormonal low-dose contraceptive significantly reduces the risk of developing gynecological diseases and hypertrichosis.
- The main indications for the use of the drug are oral contraception of women of reproductive age. The drug is prescribed for the combined treatment of endometrial hyperplasia or at the stage of hormonal therapy.
- Kleira's drug is taken orally, it is advisable to swallow the pill whole and drink plenty of water. Each medicine package contains 26 colored tablets with active ingredients and two white pill tablets. The drug is taken regardless of the meal, but at the same time. In the first days of taking Klayra, slight spotting may appear.
- The drug causes side effects that provoke varicose veins, thrombosis, changes in blood pressure, disorders in the gastrointestinal tract. Clire provokes the appearance of headaches, depressions, migraines, seizures. Side effects can also affect the reproductive system, causing intermenstrual bleeding, vaginal dryness, an increase and tenderness of the mammary glands, the appearance of benign cysts in the mammary glands. In rare cases, Clayra causes allergic reactions in the form of acne, pruritus and rash, swelling, baldness, the appearance of herpes.
- Klayra's drug is contraindicated in patients with individual intolerance to the components of the drug. Tablets are prohibited for patients with lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome. The drug is not prescribed to patients with thrombosis, strokes, vascular diseases, diabetes, numbness of the limbs and speech disorders.
- With extreme caution, the drug is prescribed for pancreatitis, liver diseases, atypical hyperplasia, and hormone-dependent malignant tumors. Clayra is not used for vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology, during pregnancy or suspicion of it, patients under 18 years of age and during lactation.
- Only after the permission of the doctor, the risk assessment and the benefits of the drug, Kleira is prescribed to patients with a history of breast cancer, stroke, hereditary angioedema, smoking patients and chloasma.
- An overdose of the drug is possible when taking high doses and exceeding the duration of use. In this case, women develop vomiting and vaginal bleeding. There is no specific antidote, therefore, when symptoms of overdose appear, it is necessary to flush the stomach and take enterosorbents.
Tranexam for endometrial hyperplasia
Tranexam in endometrial hyperplasia is used as a drug that affects the processes of tissue metabolism, that is, the growth of the endometrium. Tranexam is an inhibitor of fibrinolysin. The drug has a local and systemic hemostatic effect. The drug has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-tumor and anti-infective properties. After taking Tranexam evenly distributed in the tissues, penetrating the blood-brain and placental barriers. The maximum concentration of the drug in the blood plasma is observed three hours after administration and lasts for 17 hours. Excreted mainly by the kidneys.
- Indications for use of the drug are based on the action of its components. Tranexam is used as a hemostatic agent for bleeding and the risk of their development due to an increase in the amount of fibrinolysin in the blood. The drug is used for uterine and nasal bleeding, bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, eczema, urticaria, skin rashes and allergic dermatitis. Tranexam is also effective as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- The drug is available in the form of tablets and solution for intravenous drip. Thus, in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia and prophylaxis after operations on the cervix, the drug is taken in 15 mg three times a day for two weeks.
- Side effects of the drug are manifested by the gastrointestinal tract, causing heartburn, vomiting and nausea, diarrhea, decreased appetite. Tranexam causes dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, blurred vision, tachycardia, skin rash, chest pain.
- The drug is contraindicated for patients with individual intolerance to the components of the drug, with subarachnoid hemorrhage. С особой осторожностью Транексам применяют при тромбозах, инфаркте миокарда, тромбофлебите, почечной недостаточности и при нарушениях цветового зрения.
Ригевидон при гиперплазии эндометрия
Ригевидон при гиперплазии эндометрия применяется при проведении гормональной терапии. Препарат является комбинированным пероральным контрацептивом. Ripevidon refers to multiphase drugs, each drug tablet contains estrogenic and progestin components in equal quantities. The drug effectively protects against unwanted pregnancy, causes suppression of ovulation, increases the viscosity of cervical mucus and reduces the endometrium susceptibility to the blastocyst.
- The drug blocks luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones, slows down the maturation of the follicle and its rupture. The active ingredients of the drug inhibit the process of ovulation and prevent fertilization. Ripevidon has not only a contraceptive effect, but also contributes to a significant reduction in the risk of various gynecological diseases, including endometrial hyperplasia. The package of 21 tablets, includes 7 placebo tablets. That is, taking Ripevidon does not cause hyperlord inhibition.
- The active ingredient of the drug is ethinyl estradiol. After oral administration, Rigevidon is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum concentration of the drug in the blood plasma is observed within 1-2 hours after ingestion. Displays the drug in the form of metabolites with feces and urine.
- The main indications for use Ripevidon is contraception in women of reproductive age. The drug can be used to correct functional disorders of the menstrual cycle, with uterine bleeding, PMS, severe pain in the middle of the cycle.
- You can take the drug only as directed by your doctor. So, before taking the drug, it is necessary to undergo a general clinical examination and gynecological examination. The drug is taken orally with a sufficient amount of water. Take Ripevidon from the first day of the menstrual cycle, the duration of application is 21 days.
- The drug is well tolerated and practically does not cause side effects. But in some women, Rigevidon causes nausea, vomiting, headaches, fatigue, cramps of the calf muscles, decreased libido. The drug may be the cause of engorgement of the mammary glands, the appearance of allergic reactions on the skin and intermenstrual bleeding. In rare cases, Ripevidon causes hyperpigmentation of the skin of the face, a change in body weight, arterial hypertension, changes in vaginal secretion. Side effects occur in the first three months of taking the drug.
- Rigevidonum is contraindicated for use in patients with hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, with abnormal liver function, congenital elevated levels of bilirubin in the blood. The drug is not taken for hepatitis, chronic colitis, severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, arterial hypertension. The drug is contraindicated in patients with endocrine disruption, including diabetes mellitus. The drug is not used to treat endometrial hyperplasia in patients with vaginal bleeding of unexplained origin.
- Overdose Ripevidon can cause headaches, vomiting, nausea, vaginal bleeding, pain in the epigastric region. There is no specific antidote, therefore, with the above symptoms, a complete withdrawal of the drug is shown. Patients spend washing the stomach and appoint an enterosorbent. In rare cases, symptomatic therapy is required.
Depo-Provera with endometrial hyperplasia
Depo-Provera with endometrial hyperplasia is a gestagenic drug. The drug has gestagenna and corticosteroid activity. If the drug is taken by women of reproductive age, then it helps prevent ovulation due to inhibition of follicle maturation. Depo-Provera is effective in treating hormone-dependent malignant tumors, that is, atypical endometrial hyperplasia. The effectiveness of the drug due to the impact on the metabolism of hormones at the cellular level.
The drug in its principle of action is similar to progesterone, as it has a pyrogenic effect. High doses of Depo-Provera contribute to the treatment of cancer. When administered intramuscularly, there is a slow release of the active components of the drug, which helps to maintain low doses of the drug in the blood plasma.
The maximum concentration of the drug is observed after 4-10 days after intramuscular administration. Binding to blood proteins is at the level of 95%. The active ingredients of the drug pass through the blood-brain barrier, so Depo-Provera is contraindicated for use during lactation. The half-life of the drug is 6 weeks, but the active ingredient - medroxyprogesterone acetate is determined in the blood and 9 months after application.
- The main indications for the use of the drug are based on the action of its components. Depo-Provera is used to treat cancer, relapse and metastasis of breast and endometrial cancer, and cancer of the kidney and prostate gland. The drug is used to treat atypical hyperplasia of the endometrium, endometriosis and vasmotor manifestations during menopause. Depo-Provera is prohibited to use as a means of contraception in patients of childbearing age.
- Apply the drug intramuscularly, introducing the suspension into the gluteal or deltoid muscle. The duration of use and dosage are selected by the doctor, individually for each patient. If the drug is used to treat endometrial hyperplasia in the postmenopausal period, then Depo-Provera is prescribed in a gentle course. But in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia, the duration of use may be six months.
- Side effects of the drug depend on the nature of the disease and the frequency of use of the drug. Depo-Provera causes abnormalities in the gastrointestinal tract, abnormal liver function, headaches, impaired concentration, visual disturbances and convulsions. In some cases, the drug provokes thromboembolism of different localization. It is also possible the appearance of allergic reactions on the skin, the appearance of menstrual irregularities, amenorrhea, mastodinia and others.
- Depo-Provera is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance to the components of the drug. The drug is forbidden to use during pregnancy and lactation, with bleeding from the vagina of uncertain etiology and with severe impaired liver function. The drug is not used before the onset of the menstrual cycle.
- With extreme caution, the drug is prescribed to patients with epilepsy, migraine, chronic renal and heart failure, and bronchial asthma.
- High doses of the drug can cause symptoms of overdose, which is characteristic of glucocorticosteroids. To eliminate adverse symptoms it is necessary to adjust the dose of the drug, that is, to reduce. No acute overdose cases have been reported.
Description of the drug Norkolut
The drug belongs to the drugs from the group of progestogens. Progestogens are important and necessary hormones for the normal course of the menstrual cycle in women, egg maturation, and the onset of pregnancy. The active ingredient is norethisterone at a dosage of 5 milligrams. It acts on the mucous membrane of the uterus (endometrium), contributing to its transition or restructuring from the proliferative phase (growth) into the secretory phase. That same secretory phase is normal in a woman’s body before menstruation (in the second decade of the cycle). Using this drug restores the correct menstrual cycle.
Progestogens prepare the uterus for pregnancy, regulate the function of the glands of the cervix: they change the mucous secretion, it becomes more viscous, thick. Norethisterone inhibits follicle maturation, thereby having a contraceptive effect, preventing ovulation. Norethisterone also suppresses lactation, so it can be used for this purpose.
Indications for appointment
The drug is used only on prescription. Appointed, as a rule, in the second half of the menstrual cycle (from 15–16 to 25 day). The main indications are:
- Premenstrual syndrome.
- Bleeding outside ovulation.
- Dysmenorrhea (violation of the duration of the cycle).
- Miomatic growths (tumors).
- Hyperplasia (growth) of the mucous membrane.
- Termination of lactation.
- Contraceptive effect.
It is prescribed by a doctor depending on the disease that needs treatment. You can give examples of basic purposes:
- When PMS (premenstrual syndrome) and dysmenorrhea is prescribed from the sixteenth to the twenty-fifth days of the cycle, it may be prescribed in conjunction with estrogen.
- When uterine myoma is discharged from the sixth to the twenty-fifth day for no more than six months.
- There is a goal of using this drug as a progesterone test. To do this, prescribe tablets for 10 days and evaluate the reaction. The correct and regular reaction will be the appearance in three days of bloody discharge from the vagina and save them for 3-4 days.
- When bleeding and hyperplasia to achieve the effect of prescribing the drug in the minimum dosage is better for a period of a week to 12 days. And then to prevent re-development of bleeding from the fifteenth to 25 days of the cycle, together with the mountains.
- For the purpose of treatment of endometriosis in the period from 5 to 25 days in the minimum dosage for 6 months.
- To stop the allocation of milk prescribed for 10 days. From the first to the third in the maximum dosage, then every three days reduced.
When taking any drug, including progestogens, it is important to remember about contraindications. Norcolut is not prescribed in the following conditions:
- Puberty girls.
- Malignant tumors of the mammary glands and uterus.
- Acute liver diseases, including neoplastic diseases of both malignant and benign nature.
- Renal failure and liver.
- Tendency to thrombosis (thrombophlebitis, thrombosis, embolism).
- Bleeding from the genital and urinary tract.
- Herpetic infection.
It is also used with caution in bronchial asthma and arterial hypertension, epilepsy, convulsions, migraines, diabetes mellitus, and hepatitis.
Side effects of the drug
The most important side effects of the drug are headache, dyspepsia (nausea, vomiting), bleeding from both the genital tract and urinary tract. Allergic reactions such as itchy skin and rash may develop. There is a tension in the breasts.
With prolonged use, edema and weight gain, thrombosis and thromboembolism may occur.
It is necessary to remember about the interaction of this drug with other substances. Do not use the drug in conjunction with alcohol and cigarettes. It is impossible with alcohol, because the load on the liver increases. It is also not recommended to combine reception of Norcolut or other progestogens with anticoagulants (Heparin, Warfarin), glucocorticosteroids (Prednisolone, Dexamethasone), barbiturates (Phenobarbital) and rifampicin.
Before treatment, you must ensure that there are no malignant tumors. The drug must be taken regularly, tablets do not miss. In case of a pass, you must take the drug as soon as possible or use additional methods of contraception.
Norkolut and Duphaston
These two drugs compete for a place to be prescribed in the treatment of conditions such as endometriosis, infertility, premenstrual syndrome, dysmenorrhea, bleeding, and others. Only their attending physician can judge their activity, action, and effectiveness. Each of these drugs has its own advantages and disadvantages. For comparison, you need to talk about the drug Duphaston.
The mechanism of action Duphaston
The active ingredient of Duphaston is didprogesterone, it also belongs to the group of progestogens, like the previous one. The difference in didrogesterone is that it is by its very nature very close to the natural progestogen. This drug has no effect on the blood coagulation system and does not affect the content of cholesterol and its derivatives in the blood.
When ingested, the drug is absorbed and acts only locally on the endometrium, causing the replacement phase of the proliferation to the secretory (as well as Norcolut). But an important feature is that the drug does not affect the maturation of follicles, does not affect the ovaries and lactation, and therefore does not prevent conception, does not have a contraceptive effect. The drug contributes to pregnancy during treatment.
Rules for the application of Duphaston
The indications for use with this drug are very similar to the indications for using Norkolut. The states caused by progestogen deficiency are:
- Endometriosis and adenomyosis.
- The impossibility of conception (infertility).
- Permanent loss of pregnancy (habitual miscarriage).
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods) and irregular menstruation, amenorrhea (absence of periods).
- Bleeding from the uterus.
Used as a hormone replacement therapy for natural menopause or surgically induced. As HRT (hormone replacement therapy) is used only in combination with estrogen.
Properly prescribed drug at different times of the cycle and in different dosages, depending on the disease to be treated. Basically, in the second half of the cycle. Only in the presence of bleeding, the drug is prescribed a course of 5 to 12 days to stop them. If the drug is used as hormone replacement therapy, then it is mandatory taken for all twenty-eight days (someone has 30 or more).
Undesirable effect of the drug
When using Duphaston, actions on the part of the hematopoietic system, immune, central nervous system, hepatobiliary, reproductive, skin and subcutaneous fat were noted. They are rare, but still have a place to be. Some of them:
- Hemolytic anemia.
- Allergic reactions.
- Weakness, malaise, yellowness and abdominal pain.
- Chest sensitivity.
- Rarely swelling on the limbs.
Use in endometriosis
Endometriosis is the appearance of endometrial tissue (the mucous layer of the uterus) outside the uterus. It can be localized in the organs of the reproductive system, both internal and external. Also, the endometrium penetrates the wall of the rectum, urinary organs, abdominal organs, skin, and so on. Numerous factors can cause this condition, one of them is hormonal disorders, in particular, a shortage of progestogens in the second half of the menstrual cycle. If the disease flows along the classical pathway, then in organs with endometrial sites there is a very low level of progesterone receptors.
Clinically, the disease manifests pain. This is a pain in the lower abdomen, significantly aggravated during menstruation, given to the girl’s groin, to the pubic area, or even to the rectum. Monthly with abundant, long-lasting.
Treatment of the pathology should be combined, the basis is surgical treatment. Progestogen preparations, such as Norkolut, Duphaston, are prescribed as part of this therapy. The main goal - the suppression of ovulation. They prevent proliferation (proliferation) and endometrial migration, improving the course of the disease. Assign them to a continuous course of 6 months or more.
Which drug is better?
The exact answer to the question clearly can not be given. Each drug has its own indications and contraindications, pros and cons. The decision is made by the attending physician.
Advantages of Duphaston is that it is possible to use it during pregnancy and lactation, it does not suppress ovulation and it maintains the ability to conceive. The advantages of Norkolut, on the contrary, lie in the fact that he has a contraceptive effect and it can and should be prescribed by a girl who does not plan pregnancy.
Norkolut suppresses lactation, but Duphaston does not. But Duphaston can not be prescribed during lactation, because it has the property of penetration into breast milk. Norkolut has a large number of contraindications than Duphaston, which must also be considered when prescribing. Duphaston may be used as hormone replacement therapy.
The drug Norkolut is cheaper and more affordable for the buyer than Duphaston.
Both drugs belong to the same group, have similar indications for use. Their purpose must be treated strictly individually. This question is solved only by the attending obstetrician-gynecologist after the necessary examinations.
What is the difference?
Hormonal drugs are used only on prescription.
Duphaston and Norcolute are synthetic gestagens. They belong to the group of hormonal agents - progestogens and are designed to perform one function: to fill the lack of progesterone, but the drugs have some differences:
- Duphaston is produced in the Netherlands, as the active substance contains дидрогестерон, дозировка в одной таблетке 10 мг.
- Norkolut is produced in Hungary, the active substance is norethisteroneOne tablet contains 5 mg of the component.
Analogs are not, therefore Duphaston and Norkolut can be compared by active substances and the difference in their mechanism of action. Both drugs are synthetic analogues of the natural hormone progesterone, they are almost identical in action, however, a certain difference between them is present.
Didrogesterone is completely devoid of androgenic, estrogenic, glucocorticoid activity. This means that Duphaston does not have side effects characteristic of the above hormones. Synthetic hormone does not cause weight gain, excess body hair, acne, reduced immunity. The tool does not cause thickening of the blood, has a beneficial effect on fat metabolism.
Norethisterone, forming Norkolut, has a weak estrogenic and androgenic effect on the body of a woman in large doses, so this drug is most often used to treat gynecological diseases, and Duphaston - for the treatment of infertility and miscarriage.
Both products are available in tablets only.
How do these drugs work?
The menstrual cycle of a healthy woman consists of two phases that alternate between each other. The first phase is described by estrogen saturation, ovulation occurs in the middle of the cycle, and a yellow body forms at the site of a ruptured follicle in the ovary, meaning the onset of the second phase. The corpus luteum produces progesterone, which is necessary for the transformation of the endometrium or the prolongation of the pregnancy.
Gynecological pathologies, accompanied by increased estrogen production, lead to a lack of ovulation, respectively, to a lack of progesterone (a yellow body does not form). Endometrium continues to grow without a transition to the secretion phase, thus, hyperplastic processes and bleeding develop. Against the background of hyperestrogenia, endometriosis and myomatosis also occur.
In the foci of endometriosis, the endometrium, when taken with Norkolut or Duphaston, ceases to grow rapidly and acquires a normal structure, and the pain and volume of blood loss are reduced.
Since insufficient production of progesterone by the corpus luteum during pregnancy leads to bleeding and the risk of miscarriage, the used dydrogesterone allows you to save the fetus.
Duphaston or Norkolut with endometrial hyperplasia contributes to the entry of the inner uterine layer into the second phase of the cycle, its excessive growth is suppressed. In this case, the endometrium becomes three-layered, as it should be in the second phase.
Thus, synthetic hormones, taken at lower levels of progesterone, treat diseases of the female reproductive tract.
Indications and admission rules
- the need for hormone replacement therapy for menopause, both natural and surgical,
- premenstrual syndrome
- polyps and diffuse endometrial hyperplasia,
- uterine bleeding dysfunctional nature.
Didrogesteron is used to stop lactation, also used in cases of miscarriage, accompanied by bleeding or heavy bleeding. In addition, the drug is used for the hormonal test in the diagnosis of gynecological diseases, in particular, in order to exclude a pituitary tumor. Positive progesterone test means the appearance of bleeding after the cancellation of Duphaston and confirms the failure of the hormone.
The regimen depends on the disease.
Duphaston or Norkolut with endometriosis, dysmenorrhea take from 5 to 25 day cycle for several months. With the threat of miscarriage, didrogesterone is prescribed in a large dosage (40 mg once) with a gradual decrease.
Norkolut or Duphaston with endometrial hyperplasia, confirmed histologically, and for the prevention of bleeding is prescribed from 11 or 16 to 25 day of the cycle for several months.
For the purpose of hormone replacement therapy, drugs are also used from the middle of the cycle.
What to choose?
When choosing a progesterone substitute: Norkolut or Duphaston - which is better in each particular case should be determined only by a full-time gynecologist. In general, given the lack of additional hormonal load when taking didrogesterone, the choice of this drug will make it easier to postpone treatment. For the same reason, to stop bleeding after miscarriage due to progesterone deficiency, didrogesterone is chosen, since a high dose must be taken and the duration of therapy is more than one month.
Duphaston will cost patients 5 times more expensive than Norcolut, so with short courses of treatment, in the absence of pregnancy and contraindications, you can purchase the latter.
It should be borne in mind that norethisterone, taken from the first phase of the cycle, inhibits ovulation, providing a contraceptive effect. Manufacturers of dydrogesterone deny this action, however, when planning a pregnancy and taking this drug from the 5th day of the cycle, it is necessary to perform ultrasound folliculometry.
Analogues of Duphaston
Norkolut has a similar effect to Duphaston.. This drug helps to speed up the process of breakdown of estrogens and thereby reduces the level of their concentration. The amount of progesterone increases and the abnormal growth of endometrial cells stops.
Therapy by Norkolut is carried out according to an individual scheme. Often, in combination with him prescribed antibiotics, immunomodulatory agents and vitamin complexes. When hyperplasia is detected, the treatment courses are short and range from 7 to 14 days. The daily dosage is only 1-2 tablets. After uterine bleeding decreases, the medication is not stopped. As a preventive measure, it is used on certain menstrual days.
As a rule, you need to drink tablets from the 15th to the 25th day of the cycle. To adjust the dosage, choose the date of commencement and completion of therapy should the doctor.
Possible side effects:
- the beginning of hair growth in areas of skin that were previously free of hair,
- hair loss in the temples,
- acne in the chin, nose and forehead,
- oily skin, triggered by the intense activity of the sebaceous glands,
- sharp weight gain.
There are a number of contraindications to the use of Norkolut. It is strictly prohibited to accept it in the following cases:
- neoplasms with suspected onset of a malignant process,
- allergic to components of the drug.
It is not recommended to take a hormonal remedy in such cases:
- gestation period
- a history of liver pathologies,
- blood loss of unknown etiology,
- renal failure
- increased blood clotting,
- high blood pressure.
Before the start of therapy with Norkolut, a comprehensive examination is carried out, including an examination on a gynecological chair, an assessment of the condition of the mammary glands and testing for the determination of the level of hormones. When a woman is in a depressed state, the drug should be taken with extreme caution. If the desired effect is not achieved, then therapy using this tool is discontinued.
One of the important stages in the treatment of uterine hyperplasia is hormone therapy. Often, while prescribing such drugs as Duphaston and Norkolut. These medications are able to normalize hormone levels in a short time and thereby stop the pathological growth of the endometrium. Nevertheless, it is strictly forbidden to make decisions about the use of these funds. It is up to the doctor to prescribe them and adjust the dosage.
Duphaston in endometrial hyperplasia - treatment, how to take
The drug Duphaston (active ingredient: didrogesterone) is an analogue of the natural hormone progesterone.
It is used to treat gynecological diseases associated with progesterone deficiency. Gives a good therapeutic effect with simple typical endometrial hyperplasia in patients of childbearing age and older.
Use of the drug Duphaston in endometrial hyperplasia
Endometrial hyperplasia is a pathological proliferation of the inner layer of the uterine mucosa. The number and size of cells increases, the structure of the tissue changes, there is a threat of transformation of a benign tumor into an oncological disease.
Pathology can affect women of any age group. Risks of the disease increase during puberty and menopause age.
Causes of endometrial hyperplasia:
- failure in the hormonal system, associated with a deficiency of progesterone,
- endocrine diseases
- diabetes and obesity,
- surgical interventions in the female reproductive system.
The disease manifests disorders of the menstrual cycle. There are heavy, breakthrough or prolonged bleeding. Discharges are accompanied by clots. A large blood loss causes anemia, dizziness, fatigue. To conceive a child with this pathology is impossible.
Treatment of endometrial hyperplasia is carried out comprehensively and has such goals as:
- termination of the pathological process
- oncology prevention,
- elimination of a long cycle and painful sensations.
To eliminate the problem, use hormone therapy. Assign oral contraceptives Regulon, Janine, progestin drugs Duphaston, Norkolut, containing female hormones, gonadotropins Zoladex.
Duphaston treatment is an indication for progesterone deficiency, which affects the endometrium, menstrual cycle and dysmenorrhea. The active ingredient dydrogesterone is a synthetic analogue of progesterone. Applied as hormone replacement therapy.
The drug is produced in the form of tablets on a blister. When ingested Duphaston is quickly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, penetrates the tissues of the uterus and affects the endometrial cells, preventing pathological changes. The maximum concentration of a substance in the blood is reached 2 hours after administration. Complete elimination occurs after 3 days.
- Easy way to GO! So did our ancestors ... Write down the recipe. This folk remedy should be drunk in the morning on 1… Read the article in full >>
- A way that easily allows you to see the long-awaited two strips… Read the article in full >>
It is necessary to take Duphaston on the 5th day of each menstrual cycle, finish drinking pills on the 25th day. The dosage is 10 mg 3 times a day. The drug can be consumed during pregnancy, but breastfeeding is undesirable, the active substance is excreted in milk.
Contraindications include individual intolerance. Caution should be exercised in patients with diabetes, kidney disease, cardiovascular system, epilepsy and migraine. In rare cases, breakthrough bleeding was observed.
Uncontrolled intake of the drug can cause side effects:
- breast augmentation
- the appearance of fat deposits in the waist,
- increased craving for sweet foods.
According to reviews, Duphaston effectively normalizes the menstrual cycle, copes with premenstrual syndrome. The main advantage of the drug is the possibility of natural conception. He will not harm either the mother or the unborn child.
Sometimes the attending physician prescribes Norkolut - a hormonal drug for the treatment of endometrium. The active substance is norethisterone, a member of the gestagen group, which contributes to the end of the period of proliferation of cells in the endometrium during the secretion stage. When pregnancy maintains the uterus in optimal condition for the development of the fetus.
The adoption of Norkolut contraindicated in any oncological formations. It is not prescribed for epilepsy, severe diseases of the kidneys and liver, serious cardiovascular diseases, blood clots, bronchial asthma, bleeding disorders. Prohibited to receive during puberty. Do not recommend Norkolut during pregnancy and lactation, except for the threat of miscarriage.
Norkolut with endometrial hyperplasia is taken orally by 10 mg from 16 to 25 day of the menstrual cycle. With cystic and glandular hyperplasia 5-10 mg for 6-10 days.
The maximum concentration in serum is reached 4 hours after taking the medicine. The half-life is 8 hours. No overdose cases have been identified.
Of the side effects noted:
- weight gain
- swelling of the mammary glands,
- skin rashes.
With prolonged use may cause thrombosis.
The action of hormonal drugs for endometrial hyperplasia is aimed at improving the condition of the uterine lining. The specialist selects the drug based on the specific features and the presence of the patient's diseases. Early detection of pathology and its treatment will successfully cope with the disease.
- HOW DIFFERENT POPULAR? Whatever the size of the main thing - its “quality”, hanging down even the most desirable size attracts little attention and brings only inconvenience. And then, to turn her shape is much more important than to enlarge ...
Appointment of Duphaston with endometrial hyperplasia: patient reviews, treatment regimens
Endometrial hyperplasia of the uterus (HPE) is one of the pathological gynecological conditions when abnormal growths of the inner layer of the uterus are observed.
Their main cause is considered to be impaired hormonal balance, manifested by an excess amount of estrogen and insufficient amount of progesterone. To slow down the process of growth of endometrial tissues, use tools that can correct hormonal abnormalities.
Duphaston in endometrial hyperplasia is used to equalize the level of progesterone to the required parameters.
How does the pathology of hyperplasia
If the fertilized egg can be fixed in the thickness of the uterus, progesterone contributes to the process of maturation of the endometrium and the beginning of the normal course of pregnancy. In case of violation of the correct ratio of hormones, the tissues in the uterus undergo hyperplastic changes, abnormally expanding, but they do not fully collapse.
Therefore, women with HPE have acyclic bleeding or heavy uterine bleeding after a delay. Due to significant blood loss in patients anemia develops, accompanied by weakness, dizziness.
How does Duphaston
Duphaston is a drug that is an analogue of the hormone progesterone, produced in the female body. Chemically synthesized substance - didrogesterone in its molecular structure and pharmacological properties similar to progesterone of natural origin.
When taking Duphaston, the body receives an additional portion of progesterone, which allows to eliminate its deficiency in the body and level the hormones. Due to this, the pathologically enlarged layer of the endometrium is rejected more easily and the cyclical nature of the process is normalized.
It has no estrogenic, androgenic, corticoid action. The treatment of endometrial hyperplasia with Duphaston is that it selectively influences the estrogen-dependent growth of the endometrium.
The use of Duphaston in the presence of thin endometrium
In women of reproductive age, another pathology may be observed, opposite to the phenomenon of endometrial hyperplasia, which is associated with the thinning of its tissues, called hypoplasia.
The problem of thin endometrium has a negative impact on the possibility of pregnancy, since the ovum is difficult to consolidate in the thinned mucous layer. In order to build up the endometrium, doctors recommend taking hormones containing estradiol.
For example, taking Femoston in the first phase of the cycle helps to improve blood circulation in the uterine tissues, increases the activity of the glands, increases the thickness of the endometrium.
If fertilization does not happen, the doses of progesterone received from outside the body stop the growth of the endometrial layer, accelerate its rejection and menstruation occurs.
It is possible to build up the endometrial layer in a short period if the doctor correctly selects effective hormonal drugs and together with the patient calculates a graph of their intake.
These are: the patient's age, the presence of concomitant gynecological diseases, as well as extragenital pathologies, which may be associated with abnormalities in the production of hormones, for example, thyroid disease or adrenal glands.
Advantages of Duphaston
Duphaston is an effective modern drug that does not have side effects inherent in a number of drugs of early pharmaceutical development containing gestagens. The likelihood of side effects of the drug is significantly reduced.
The main active ingredient - didrogesterone is derived from progesterone, and not from testosterone, which ensures the absence of androgenic activity of the drug and the associated undesirable consequences in the form of hirsutism, focal hair loss, seborrhea, acne.
When taking Duphaston courses for several months, patients rarely note the occurrence of:
- breast engorgement,
- weight gain.
Duphaston is allowed to be taken in patients who have various somatic pathologies, as well as atherosclerosis, diabetes mellitus, cholelithiasis, varicose veins, kidney problems.
The drug does not have a contraceptive effect, so its use does not create obstacles for conception and pregnancy. If it is necessary to take measures to preserve the pregnancy, their combination with Duphaston treatment is possible.
The drug is well absorbed from the digestive tract and quickly enters the bloodstream. Excreted mainly with urine.
Endogenous progesterone deficiency can be successfully treated with additional doses of didprogesterone. At the same time didrogesteron:
- does not have a negative effect on coagulation processes, that is, it does not change blood clotting parameters,
- does not violate carbohydrate metabolism,
- very sparingly on the liver,
- does not violate lipid metabolism.
How to take Duphaston in the pathology of hyperplasia
Correction of hormonal parameters in pathology of endometrial hyperplasia should be clearly substantiated and competent, therefore Duphaston should be taken only as prescribed by doctors.
The treatment regimens are individual, take into account the prospect of further functioning of the childbearing function and can combine the simultaneous administration of the drug with other medications:
- Standard treatment regimen, ensuring the preservation of the menstrual function of a woman and her ability to have a child, is used for women of reproductive age. Tablets should be taken from the 16th to the 25th day of the cycle, 1 or 2 pieces per day (10 or 20 mg). If necessary, the regimen can be changed for the period from the 5th to the 25th day.
- Treatment of endometrial pathology in premenopause involves taking 2 or 3 tablets per day (20 or 30 mg) between the 5th and 25th days of the cycle, or from the 16th to the 25th cycle. Age restructuring of the female body leads to the extinction of childbearing function. The amount of estrogen decreases, which disrupts the process of ovulation: the egg can not leave the follicle. The development of the corpus luteum is not complete, and therefore, disrupted progesterone production. However, even a low level of estrogen, can contribute to the development of hyperplastic processes in the endometrium, which is confirmed by clinical studies.
Based on the results of regular examinations (endometrial biopsy, transvaginal ultrasound), which is recommended every 3 months from the beginning of treatment with Duphaston, the doctor considers the feasibility of continuing treatment with this drug, changing the dosage or changing it to another.
It is not easy to make a decision when the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia needs surgical methods, but in case of repeated recurrence of the disease or in the presence of significant atrophic changes in the uterine layers, you need to listen to the advice of doctors.
Endometrial pathology, the treatment of which is necessary to prevent negative and sometimes dangerous consequences for a woman’s health, is being carefully studied to improve treatment methods.
Duphaston in endometrial hyperplasia or Norkolut - how to treat this disease?
The main task that confronts drugs prescribed for endometrial hyperplasia is the elimination of the main symptoms of the ailment and the pathological condition in general.
To date, there are many such tools that have different efficiencies, composition, cost, and other parameters.
Duphaston in endometrial hyperplasia, as well as Norkolut - one of these drugs.
Endometrial hyperplasia is a pathological proliferation of the inner layer of the uterine lining. The disease is characterized by an increase in the number of endometrial cells, a change in the structure of the tissue, as well as the presence of bleeding.
In advanced cases, the disease can transform into cancer. The problem is typical not only for women of age, but also for young representatives of the beautiful half of humanity.
This is especially true during puberty, as well as in the presence of problems with the menstrual cycle and dysmenorrhea.
The main causes of endometrial hyperplasia are:
- a sharp increase in body weight, which led to obesity,
- endocrine diseases
- hormonal disruptions, especially triggered by a lack of progesterone,
- surgical operations performed on the genitals.
Bleeding is one of the worst complications of endometrial hyperplasia. If it is abundant, then the woman risks losing a lot of blood, and this is already fraught with anemia, poor health and, most importantly, infertility.
Modern medicine has a sufficient amount of funds for effective treatment of this disease. Therapy will always be complex, since it is aimed at reducing the risk of bleeding, eliminating pain and a pathological condition, restoring normal hormonal levels and preventing cancer.
The first stage of treatment is always the elimination of pain and bleeding. After the condition of the woman has been stabilized, proceed to the main phase of treatment.
It is necessary to drink the prescribed drugs regularly, without missing a single session. This is very important, since the effectiveness of the whole treatment directly depends on compliance with all the prescriptions of the attending physician. The most common drugs prescribed to combat this ailment are Duphaston and Norkolut.
These drugs are inherently pure progestogens. They contribute to the suppression of pathological processes in the endometrium. At the same time, effective control of steroids and gonadotropic hormones, which are produced very quickly and in large quantities during hyperplasia of the uterine mucosa, is carried out.
Our reader recommends! In violation of the menstrual cycle, to eliminate and alleviate pain during menstruation, before and after, in diseases of the urogenital system, if there are discharge after sex, for other gynecological problems, I use… Read Review ... "
Duphaston and Norkolut are characterized by high efficiency. Thanks to this, they can be an excellent alternative to surgery, which is very traumatic for a woman, and often ends with resection of the uterus.
Everything is very simple here - this drug contains in its composition a synthetic analogue of progesterone - didrogesterone. Accordingly, it is prescribed when there is a shortage of the natural hormone in a woman’s body, which automatically affects the menstrual cycle and the deterioration of the endometrium.
Duphaston is available in the form of tablets for oral use. After entering the gastrointestinal tract, the drug is quickly absorbed by the walls of the stomach, entering the bloodstream.
In the future, the active substance reaches the uterus, blocking the pathological changes in the endometrium. The maximum concentration of didrogesterone is achieved within two hours after ingestion.
The time of removal of the remnants of drugs from the body - about three days.
I have been drinking Duphaston for several months now, the result is excellent - such comments can be found in many women's forums. In fact, there is no need for very long treatment with this drug. It is taken a maximum of 25 days if you start drinking on the fifth day of the menstrual cycle, which is recommended by many experts. The optimal dosage is 10 mg three times a day.
This is also a hormonal drug, but with another major active ingredient - norethisterone. This composition allows the drug to effectively deal with endometrial hyperplasia, by stopping the stage of mucosal growth and transition to the secretion stage.
Norkolut - very powerful and effective tool. It shows good results, but it has quite a few contraindications. Tablets are taken for about a week - depending on the complexity of the disease.
The optimal period is from the 16th to the 25th day of the menstrual cycle. Per day the recommended dose is 10 mg. The maximum concentration in the body is reached 4 hours after taking the pill.
Removal - for 8 hours.
All of the above is exploratory and recommendation character. It is strictly forbidden to be treated with these drugs without first consulting a doctor and getting an appropriate prescription from him. It is very simple to take a tablet of Duphaston or Norkolut, but few people think that these are hormonal drugs, and therefore they have a very strong effect on the female body.
The task that the doctor will face is to improve the condition of the uterine mucosa. Selection of a suitable drug is carried out on the basis of the individual characteristics of the woman’s body and the stage of development of the disease. The sooner the presence of endometrial hyperplasia is detected, the safer it can be cured.
Does Duphaston help with endometriosis, endometrial hyperplasia and polyps?
Progestogens are considered relevant modern drugs that are included in the complex treatment of endometriosis. The most famous of them is Duphaston. It is produced in the Netherlands in the form of coated tablets.
This tool contains 10 mg of the active substance - didrogesterone (progesterone analogue). It is recommended for use for the treatment of a number of female genital problems with hormonal disorders. How is Duphaston assigned and how does it help with endometriosis?
How does it work?
Didrogesterone is considered the closest analogue of natural progesterone to its molecular structure and pharmacological properties. The activity of the drug during oral administration exceeds endogenous progesterone by 20 times.
When ingested, the drug affects the endometrium selectively and helps reduce the likelihood of its hyperplasia.
It increases the concentration of progesterone in the second phase of the cycle and thereby reduces the active influence of estrogen, and this mechanism underlies the development of endometriosis. Even prolonged use of the drug in maximum doses does not give an androgenic effect.
Duphaston has no effect on blood clotting, and helps to maintain the beneficial effects of estrogen on lipid levels. It does not affect glucose metabolism and does not impair liver function.
The therapeutic effect is without suppressing the ovulatory process and does not violate the cyclical changes in the woman's body.
This medicine can increase the likelihood of conception and contributes in the early stages of pregnancy, with a disease such as adenomyosis. This drug also helps:
- Reduce the contractile force of the myometrium,
- Reduce pain syndrome (often present in endometriosis),
- Normalizes blood circulation in the uterus,
- Does not allow prostaglandins (mediators of the inflammatory response) to form,
- To carry the fetus in the first weeks of pregnancy,
- Reduces the likelihood of atypical cells.
Can Duphaston be used for endometriosis and other pathologies? At the moment, it is recommended as a modern tool with a minimal amount of side effects, allowing not only to stop the symptoms of the disease, but also to prevent further growth of the myometrium.
How to apply?
The instructions have a clear description of how to use the drug Duphaston with endometriosis. When this pathology is prescribed, 2-3 tablets per day, divided into three doses from 5 to 25 days of the cycle. There is another scheme, when the agent should be drunk in the same dosage, but constantly.
In some cases, the first treatment regimen may cause bleeding or discharge from the blood. The use of funds in the maximum daily dosage (30 mg) most often eliminates this symptom. To drink the drug Duphaston with endometriosis to obtain the effect should be from 6 to 9 months.
Another treatment option with this remedy is to alternate it with other hormones. Duphaston with endometrial hyperplasia in an amount of 20 mg (these are 2 tablets) per day is taken for two weeks from the middle to the end of the cycle, and at the beginning of the first two weeks, only estrogen drugs are used.
Duphaston with an endometrial polyp also has its effect, since the appearance of a growth is also due to the excessive effect of estrogens. And after hysteroscopy, its use will help prevent the development of new formations.
Endometrial hyperplasia in premenopausal disease: features of pathology
Endometrial hyperplasia in premenopausal disease is quite common. Premenopause is the intermediate period between childbearing age and the onset of menopause. The woman's ovarian work fades away, the production of female hormones. The predominant hormone is estrogen, which is responsible for the formation of the epithelium lining the uterus.
With a normal menstrual cycle, the endometrium of the uterus is updated monthly. But with the onset of premenopausal detachment of the old layer of the endometrium is missing or incomplete occurs. This deficiency can cause the formation of endometrial hyperplasia and its degeneration into a malignant tumor.
How does endometrial hyperplasia manifest in premenopausal women?
Endometrial hyperplasia in premenopause is manifested depending on the individual characteristics of the pathology. But there are common symptoms of endometrial hyperplasia during the restructuring of the female body.
- There are bleeding that are not associated with the menstrual cycle. Violations of the schedule of critical days. The difference between cycles can be 3-4 months. Delay of menstruation can suddenly be replaced by abundant bleeding, accompanied by severe pain and poor health.
- Metabolic disease. Noticeable weight gain, increased male hair growth, sweating.
- Miscarriages and the absence of pregnancy.
- The appearance of pain and blood during and after intercourse.
One of the main symptoms is menstruation. Discharges can be either scanty or abundant with the appearance of large blood clots. Such a manifestation suggests that the epithelium of the uterine cavity was formed by an uneven layer. With the release of the epithelium on thin sections of the month pass in a thin, small discharge. Sometimes there are no signs of menstruation at all.
If a section of thick endometrium is rejected, a woman will have copious, clotted, bleeding. Such drops are very dangerous for health, as they signal serious pathological processes of the reproductive system.
Diagnosis of pathology during menopause is carried out by a gynecologist. The specialist examines the patient on the gynecological chair, after which decides the question of further examination.
For a complete diagnosis, the following methods can be used:
- Ultrasound of the genital organs, as well as transvaginal ultrasound. Using a special sensor, which is placed inside the vagina or on the abdomen, the specialist measures the size of the endometrium, examines the uterine cavity for the presence of other structures (fibroids, fibroids, cysts).
- Hysteroscopy. The procedure involves the collection of a small amount of epithelium for histological analysis. Appointed only when the thickness of the endometrium more than 6 mm.
- Conducting hormonal studies. Venous blood is rented and the content of important hormones for the female reproductive system is established.
Endometrial hyperplasia in premenopausal disease can only be detected by an experienced specialist. Independently it is impossible to determine the type of disease and the stage of its development.
Treatment of glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium may be carried out using drug therapy. It is necessary to minimize the extra hormone estrogen, which, despite the dying period of the menstrual cycle, continues to produce layers of the uterine epithelium.
If the expected improvements do not occur, surgical epithelium curettage is applied. Timely intervention by the surgeon will prevent uterine cancer.
The most common method is scraping the uterus. During the procedure, a specialist removes one or more layers of the epithelium, eliminates all excess growths and formations. The operation is performed under general anesthesia for 30–40 minutes. After the cleaning and recovery period, antibiotics are individually selected for the woman to prevent inflammation.
Endometrial hyperplasia: drugs for treatment
Preparations for the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia allow women and girls with this disease to lead a normal full life. Often their use helps to permanently get rid of this disease without curettage. The conservative approach is very good for the reason that it does not cause the development of serious complications, which are often observed during invasive procedures.
The main groups of drugs
Endometrial hyperplasia is a fairly common and serious disease. Its treatment often requires the use of a whole range of drugs. At the same time, drugs from the following pharmacological groups are most often used:
- Combined oral contraceptives.
- Intrauterine devices.
- Synthetic analogues of progesterone.
- Агонисты гонадотропин релизинг-гормона.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Each of these pharmacological groups includes agents with different effects. In order to be appointed a rational treatment regimen should contact an experienced gynecologist. This specialist will tell you exactly which drugs to take.
Combined oral contraceptives
With endometrial hyperplasia, treatment is often initiated with the help of such drugs. The main representatives of these funds are the following:
Janine is one of the most popular drugs in this group. It includes both estrogen and gestagen. As a result, he becomes able to normalize the balance between these sex hormones in the female body. Janine is appointed by doctors immediately, as the pathology in the form of endometrial hyperplasia is detected.
This drug has its drawbacks. The potential side effects experienced by both janin and any other combination oral contraceptives are the following:
- Soreness of the mammary glands.
- Breast excretions.
- Spotting from the vagina.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Skin rash.
It is worth noting that Janine is a fairly modern and safe drug. When using this drug, these side effects are extremely rare. If it is taken as prescribed by a doctor in the indicated dosages and with the necessary frequency, in the overwhelming majority of cases, absolutely no negative consequences will develop.
If a woman does not want to drink drugs, then other types of drugs may be used. We are talking about intrauterine devices. One of the most commonly used is Mirena. Such an intrauterine device can be installed for up to 5 years. At the same time, gestagens gradually enter the uterus from it.
This contributes to the fact that in the presence of such a spiral a woman does not have the opportunity to become pregnant. In addition, the possibility of endometrial hyperplasia is excluded. Even after Mirena is removed from a woman's body, the disease almost never appears again.
As for reproductive functions, they are restored very quickly and without any consequences.
Synthetic Progesterone Analogs
To prescribe such drugs should only the attending gynecologist. Such drugs in the fight against endometrial hyperplasia are used especially often. Their composition necessarily includes compounds that are identical in their properties to the hormone "progesterone". The main drugs in this group are:
Norkolut with endometrial hyperplasia is prescribed very often. This drug is used within 2 weeks. Every day, the patient must use 1-2 tablets.
After the main problems are resolved, it is necessary to take this drug further on the 16-25 day of the menstrual cycle. At the same time it is very important to use estrogens in this phase together with it.
Endometrial hyperplasia after treatment with norcolute passes fairly quickly.
Utrozestan is a modern and very popular drug containing progesterone analogue. It is also used in the fight against endometrial hyperplasia. After using such a drug, its therapeutic blood concentration is reached after 2 hours. Urozhestan can cause the following side effects when used:
- uterine bleeding,
- breast tenderness
- swelling of the arms and legs,
- skin rash.
Such side effects are rarely observed, so doctors often recommend using this drug in the fight against endometrial hyperplasia.
Duphaston can also treat this disease with great success. This is due to the fact that it is absorbed into the intestines even faster. As a result, the therapeutic concentration of such an agent is achieved earlier than that of its analogues.
With the help of this drug, glandular hyperplasia of the endometrium is often treated. This drug is made on the basis of didrogesterone, which practically does not cause adverse reactions.
As a result, duphaston with endometrial hyperplasia is one of the safest drugs.
Depo-Provera is an injectable drug. This medicine is sold in vials and special disposable syringes. Introduced such a drug intramuscularly.
Provera is good in this case because it has no estrogenic or androgenic effect. The disadvantage of this drug is the fact that it can cause the development of a sufficiently large number of side effects.
As a result, it should be taken only according to the recommendations of an experienced specialist.
Gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists
Such drugs inhibit the production of estrogen. As a result, they can treat endometrial hypertrophy with high efficiency. The fact is that these hormones control the process of growth and development of this layer of the uterus. The main drugs in this group are the following drugs:
All these drugs have one huge advantage over any means from other pharmacological groups. The fact is that they need to be used only once a week. As a result, the probability of improper compliance with the recommendations of a specialist is significantly reduced.
A negative point in the use of gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists is the fact that they are able to induce some increase in the level of estrogens within 2 weeks after the start of administration. In the future, all the symptoms caused by this circumstance disappear, and the patient's condition returns to normal.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The main drug of this group used in the fight against endometrial hyperplasia is tamoxifen. He is able to prevent the development of this disease. This drug also has an antitumor effect.
A great advantage that tamoxifen has is the ability to induce the healing process as early as 30 minutes after taking the drug. As a result, this drug has the fastest action.
Tamoxifen is not prescribed in the following cases:
- The patient has renal and hepatic failure.
- Severe circulatory failure.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Increased calcium in the blood.
In all these conditions, tamoxifen can cause the development of serious complications.
Taking this drug can lead to the formation of a sufficiently large number of side effects. The main ones are the following:
- bone pain
- uterine bleeding,
- itching and burning of the genitals,
- decrease in potency
- nausea and vomiting,
- weight gain.
Any side effect induced by taking such a drug is serious and should make the patient go to see a doctor. When such negative reactions occur, tamoxifen is often completely abolished.