A slight pulling pain in the lower abdomen is familiar to many women. But not everyone knows why it occurs and whether it is the norm. Of particular concern is unusually severe pain or the appearance of painful sensations, provided that they have never existed before. Why can a uterus or ovary hurt?
In fact, it is very difficult to say what caused the pain in the middle of the cycle. This may be the norm or indicate serious health problems when you need to urgently seek medical help. Just say what caused discomfort, can only a doctor, but a woman is also important to know the possible causes.
Pulling pains in the lower abdomen are often associated with the health of the genital area. If a woman notices a clear connection with the periods of the menstrual cycle and the time of the appearance of unpleasant sensations, to solve the problem, first of all, she needs to consult with the gynecologist.
Also pay attention to the presence or absence of other symptoms. For example, discharge may appear, it may be nauseous, and in some states it is even possible to faint. In order to understand how to get rid of discomfort without hurting yourself, it is important to be very careful and figure out what exactly is happening.
If the stomach hurts in the middle of the cycle, this is not necessarily a sign of some kind of illness. This is especially true in cases where the discomfort is very weak and recur regularly in certain situations. Usually in such cases, women themselves know or guess what happens to them.
Possible natural reasons why the lower abdomen pulls in the middle of a cycle:
- Ovulation. It usually happens 12–14 days before the expected date of the next menstruation. On this day, a mature egg leaves the ovary, which is accompanied by microscopic bleeding. Blood can enter the abdominal wall and irritate it, causing a slight inflammation. This can be felt, especially if the girl has a low pain threshold. The discomfort does not last longer than 2 days, usually only a few hours. Most often, it seems that the ovary hurts, but can be similar to pain during menstruation.
- Pregnancy. In the early stages of pregnancy, the uterus has not yet reached such a size that the pelvic bones can support it, and the load is on the ligaments. This factor and the fact of an increase in the uterus can lead to squeezing of nearby receptors, which causes aching pain in the lower back. But this happens gradually and is not so pronounced as to interfere with living in the usual way.
- Age features. In adolescence, the cycle is unstable. Monthly can start earlier or later for a couple of weeks, the duration of the cycle may vary. In this case, the pain may be associated with the approach of menstruation, while the girl thinks that they are still far away. In addition, in different cycles, the sensitivity to hormonal fluctuations can be different, so it is not surprising if in some month ovulation is felt strongly, even though it has not been felt before.
Usually such unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen or in the lumbar region pass or markedly decrease at rest. For this you need to lie down comfortably, hide, apply heat, it is advisable to drink enough warm liquid. Therefore, if the pain is pulling and does not interfere with living and working normally, the woman knows that she must have ovulation during this period or she could become pregnant, and in no case should we worry too much. Sometimes it is enough to wait a few hours for everything to go away. If anxiety remains, you can go to the doctor.
If the pain in the lower abdomen in the middle of the cycle appeared for the first time or is very pronounced, it most likely indicates the development of some pathological process in the body. If the discomfort is not strong, but constant, it is worth going to the hospital without delaying it for later. If, in addition to painful sensations, there is weakness, pallor, nausea, bleeding or loss of consciousness, you should immediately call the doctor at the house.
There is a huge number of pathological conditions that can manifest pain in the abdomen. However, their severity can vary from pulling or whining, which only slightly interfere, to acute, capable of causing pain shock.
Here are some of them:
- Infection. There may be discharge, possibly with an unpleasant smell. In the area of the external genital organs, itching or burning occurs. But in the transition to the chronic form of the disease, only aching pain in the lower abdomen can be present. This factor can not be ruled out if there was unprotected sex, but after it has not yet been tested for infection.
- Hypothermia If your legs, belly or back have recently frozen, there are big risks to catch a cold ovary.
- Chronic diseases of the reproductive system.
- Neoplasms: cysts, polyps, oncology. Pain is usually combined with a slight discharge of bloody or brownish discharge.
- Ectopic pregnancy, tube rupture. Usually the pain is localized on the one hand where the affected tube is located. The condition quickly deteriorates, the temperature rises.
- Miscarriage or missed abortion. Characteristic cramping character of pain, bloody discharge.
- Hormonal disbalance. Usually, this diagnosis is made if the woman’s state of health is markedly different from the usual menstrual period during this period, but there are no visible factors that could contribute to this. Confirmed by analyzes. May be caused by any severe stress.
- Rupture ovarian cysts or the ovary itself. The pain is sharp, until the shock.
- Spikes. Soreness is felt not only in the middle of the cycle, but also in some other situations, for example, during sudden movements or during sex. Acute pain occurs when the spikes break.
In any of the above conditions, treatment is necessary, sometimes emergency (for ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, cyst rupture). But in any case, you need to start as soon as possible. But the drugs should not be selected on their own, so as not to aggravate the situation. If the causes of poor health are unknown, it is undesirable to apply a heating pad or other heat, as this may increase bleeding.
Of course, the stomach can also hurt for other reasons that are completely unrelated to the sexual sphere. It can be any diseases of internal organs, especially acute conditions. In such situations, pain usually occurs without regard to the period of the menstrual cycle.
- Kidney inflammation. A characteristic feature of this condition is a change in the appearance of urine (turbidity, reddish hue, the presence of flakes). It often hurts not only the lower abdomen, but also the loins.
- Renal colic. Sensation can cause painful shock, usually localized on one side.
- Intestinal problems. The stomach may ache because of constipation, a sharp pain occurs during obstruction.
- Cystitis. Feel pain and burning, which increases with urination.
It can be concluded that if from month to month in the middle of the cycle pulls the lower abdomen, it may be just a sign of ovulation. Therefore, do not worry too much. But it will not be superfluous to go to the doctor and make sure that everything is in order. Every woman needs to visit a gynecologist every six months. But if the pain is sharp, long, accompanied by unusual symptoms, a visit to the hospital to postpone nel
The advent of the first menarche, menarche, indicates the sexual maturity of the girl and the final stage in the process of forming organs of the reproductive system. This period is characterized by the absence of a clearly formed, monthly cycle of critical days.
Gynecologists say that the process of forming a temporary periodization can last up to six months. In this interval, the appearance of red secretions in the middle of the intended cycle is the physiological norm and does not require an appeal to a specialist. But the observation of non-characteristic discharge with an admixture of blood longer than the prescribed period indicates the need to consult a specialist.
The root cause of juvenile bleeding can be hidden in an imbalance of follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormones.
By ovulation is meant the period of the female cycle, during which the formed egg leaves the follicle. In this case, intermenstrual bleeding can be caused by several reasons:
- Sharp hormonal jump. This phenomenon does not indicate the presence of pathology. Experts say that an increase in estrogen levels during ovulation refers to the physiological norm. Hormonal background stabilizes on its own several days after the end of this period of the menstrual cycle.
- Injury of the endometrium in the process of movement of the ovum or attaching it to the surface of the uterus.
These phenomena lie in the plane of the physiological norm only in the absence of concomitant discomfort and stability in the periodization of the calendar cycle.
Doctors say that normal secretion during ovulation should be different:
- Scarcity. Selection during this period of the menstrual cycle should be barely noticeable and have an unpleasant character.
- Lack of unpleasant smell. Note that ovulation secretion should not have a sharp nauseous smell. The mucous fluid secreted during this period has a light, slightly perceptible odor of iron.
- No discomfort. During ovulation, the rejection of bloody secretion should not be accompanied by girdling pain, exciting lower abdomen and lower back, burning in the process of urination or itching in the groin area.
If the described bleeding during ovulation is intense or accompanied by acute pain, you should immediately consult a doctor!
Such symptoms may indicate a malfunction of the genital organs or the onset of uterine bleeding.
The appearance of bleeding not during calendar menstrual periods, but after intercourse in any phase of the cycle, may indicate excessive intensity of sex or slight damage to the vagina, associated with an unsuitable posture for a woman or too much dignity of a sexual partner.
Some women noted the appearance of ichor after sexual contact due to insufficient moistening of the genitals in the process of coition. Such a secretion should be rejected painlessly and, visually, resemble the ichor.
The average time interval, allowing the presence of non-pathological daubs, is no more than 3 days from the moment of sexual intercourse.
The process of rejection of discharge, caused by the occurrence of microtraumas in the genitals during sex, most often ends on its own and does not require medical intervention. But if a woman noticed an increase in the volume of the rejected bloody secretion or the presence of clots in it, it is necessary to consult a specialist. In this case, we can talk about the rupture of a blood vessel in the tissues of the endometrium.
Blood discharge from the middle of the cycle may be the response of the female body to a change or the introduction of a new oral contraceptive. Experts say that if daub appears or scanty periods begin during the administration of the contraceptive for three months after the start of the medication, this is not a side effect and quite physiological. The presence of discharge while taking birth control pills for a long time and in large volumes throughout all phases of the cycle indicates the need to stop using this contraceptive.
Special attention is given to emergency contraceptive drugs such as Postinor, Escapel or Ginepriston. Such drugs can not only provoke bleeding from the uterus in the middle of the cycle, but also make adjustments to the formed cyclical nature of menstruation. After Escapel and Postinor, menstruation is not regular, long delays occur. Many women on the background of taking emergency contraception noted mild abdominal pain and nagging sensations in the lower back. The use of these contraceptives is permissible solely under the supervision of a gynecologist! Read more about blood discharge after Postinor and brown discharge after Escapel.
Premenopause and menopause itself, are characterized by the appearance of bloody discharge after menstruation. It is worth noting that some women noted a daub before menstruation. This daub is scanty and rejected against the background of associated symptoms. These include:
- increased sweating
- abrupt change of psycho-emotional state.
The average age of menopause and menopause is 40–45 years.
It should be noted that the spotting in this period of the cycle should be painless and little plentiful. An increase in the volumes of rejected secretion and the appearance of a pronounced scarlet color in it may indicate the presence of a malignant tumor. The designation of such symptoms requires an immediate appeal to the gynecologist!
To eliminate the discomfort caused by menopause and menopause, a specialist can advise a woman to hormone therapy. Drugs in this spectrum will help not only reduce the “shock” inflicted on the body by hormonal adjustment, but also level out the associated symptoms.
Regardless of the mode of delivery, be it natural birth or caesarean section, the woman's body suffers serious stress. Especially acutely it affects the genitals and hormonal background. Gynecologists say that the menstrual cycle after childbirth, in fact, is formed anew, as before menarche.
Many women recovering from labor have noted the appearance of dark discharge between menstruation. The secretion of this species is quite physiological. The reason for its occurrence, in addition to "setting up" the cyclical nature of the menstrual cycle, can be breastfeeding or jumps in the level of estrogen. The amount of brown secretion rejected during the intermenstrual postpartum period should not be large. Visually, it resembles the blood sugar present in white clots of mucus.
It should be noted that an increase in the volume of constantly rejected excretions during this period may be a symptom of uterine or vaginal bleeding. Diagnosing such symptoms in oneself is a serious reason for going to a gynecologist. The elimination of this problem, in most cases, is performed surgically and involves cleaning.
Experts say that the establishment of this contraceptive, most often, can cause bleeding in the middle of the menstrual cycle. This phenomenon is associated with injury to the mucous membrane of the reproductive organs. Allocations of this kind should be insignificant and their duration does not exceed several days after the introduction of the helix.
It is worth remembering that if the secretion does not decrease, but on the contrary, increases in volume and is accompanied by discomfortable sensations in the genital area, you should consult a doctor. In this case, it is advisable to remove this contraceptive and pick up the drug equivalent.
This disease is characterized by a strong inflammatory process in endometrial tissues. Experts say that a similar phenomenon may occur due to complications resulting from the abortion process. At an early stage, the symptoms of the disease include a sharp increase in body temperature and a constant pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
Chronic endometritis is manifested by intermenstrual bleeding. Sometimes they are indicated in the middle of the cycle, but more often they smear discharge with odor in women after menstruation.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Very often, the cause of bleeding between menstruation are infectious diseases transmitted from partner to partner during sexual intercourse. Regardless of the bacteriological type of infection, brown secretion throughout the entire cycle is accompanied by characteristic discomfort. These include:
- The rejected substance has a characteristic nauseous smell associated by many women with the smell of rotten fish.
- The appearance of severe itching in the groin area.
- The presence of blisters or pimples on the genital lips.
- Presence of yellow or rotten green clots in rejected secretions
- Increased body temperature.
- Discharge with blood after intercourse.
- Burning during urination.
For successful treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, parallel therapy of partners is necessary.
The course of treatment, very often, includes two stages. The first is an antibiotic effect, and the second is supportive therapy. После назначения курса лечения необходимо неукоснительно следовать предписаниям врача и наблюдаться у специалиста на протяжении всего периода терапии.The transition of infectious diseases to the chronic stage is fraught with not only acquired infertility, but also death.
This disease is characterized by the appearance of cicatricial and ulcerative formations in the cavities of the reproductive organs. Experts say that erosion refers to a disease with mild symptoms.
In the early stages, a woman can find out about the presence of the disease only during an examination on a gynecological chair. Moreover, the development of erosion proceeds rather slowly and the disease may not manifest itself over the years.
Undetermined erosion, which has passed into the chronic stage, can cause the appearance of brown discharge between menstruation. One of the complications that accompany this disease is the development of acquired infertility.
A positive test that reports the occurrence of pregnancy brings not only a lot of positive emotions, but also a lot of anxiety and fears associated with concerns about the health of the fetus and the mother. In the next nine months, it is necessary to carefully monitor the health of the woman and the secretions that signal the state of the fetus and the reproductive system.
An alarming symptom indicating abnormalities during pregnancy are mucus secretions mixed with blood that appear in the calendar cycle. Their causes can be varied. Gynecologists admit the presence of blood secretion in the usual cycle in the early period of the gestation period.
This phenomenon may indicate the attachment of a fertilized egg to the wall of the uterus or hormonal changes characteristic of the perinatal period.
Systematic mucus rejection with blood, which can constantly stand out for several days, depending on the period, are symptoms of missed abortion, premature detachment of the placenta or miscarriage. Learn the characteristics of vaginal discharge after a miscarriage by reference.
Experts recommend timely examinations and taking supportive therapy means so that the development of the fetus takes place organically.
With the appearance of disturbing symptoms, accompanied by blood secretion and lower abdominal pain, both in the first and in the last months of pregnancy, you should immediately contact a gynecologist who monitors the woman!
Tumors and neoplasms
Blood excretion between menstruation and failures in the calendar menstrual cycle may indicate the presence of tumors in the organs of the female reproductive system.
Based on statistical data, experts argue that the most common causes provoking the formation of tumors are hormonal imbalances during menopause or complications resulting from the abortion process.
One of the most common types of tumors are polyps. It is very simple to diagnose an illness at an early stage; it is enough to conduct a series of examinations.
Read the article on the link, how to avoid surgery and whether the polyp can come out with monthly.
The situation is complicated by the fact that the tumors do not have pronounced symptoms at an early stage. Women who are confronted with this pathology can identify several signs indicating the presence of a tumor:
- Constant feeling of fatigue.
- Discomfort during gastric emptying.
- Blood secretion in any period of the cycle.
- Low hemoglobin.
- The change in the cycle of calendar menstruation.
When a woman has the above symptoms, burdened by smearing blood secretions, especially during menopause, you should immediately contact the experts!
Intermenstrual bleeding: norm or pathology
Scanty bloody discharge of a brown or dark red intermenstrual phase can occur in practically healthy women. When does this happen? Consider the situation.
- 3-4 days before the onset of menstruation, a woman may have a spotting spotting, which is a sign of approaching menstruation.
- The first 1-2 days after the critical days, small bloody discharges may also be present, as the uterus gets rid of the remaining menstrual blood.
- In women taking oral hormonal contraceptives, on the 14-15th day of the cycle, there may be a slight brown discharge.
- After sex, if a woman has not had an intimate relationship for a long time and the Bartholin glands did not secrete enough mucus, some blood can be released due to microtraumas of the vaginal mucous epithelium.
- After the first sexual intercourse, when the hymen is broken, the girl may have spotting for some time after intimacy.
In all other cases, the appearance of blood between menstruation is considered a pathology. A symptom of the disease can be a combination of bloody discharge with lower abdominal pain, fever, itching in the vagina, soreness during and after sex.
You should also visit a specialist if after sex you are constantly concerned about brown, dark or bloody discharge.
In premenopausal women, the liquid brown spotting bothers women because of hormonal imbalances, which is a natural aging process for the female body. Such bleeding most often appears on the background of failure of ovulation terms, as a result of which the cycle changes. Most often, the discharge of blood occurs in women after a long delay of menstruation, and can be repeated for several weeks.
In addition to the above, the pathology may indicate brown or bloody discharge from women who have been in menopause for more than a year.
Causes of intermenstrual metrorrhagia
The appearance of intermenstrual metrorrhagia (bleeding) is due to both physiological and pathological causes.
Norm is considered to be non-abundant bleeding between menstruation, without inflammatory symptoms (unpleasant smell, itching, abdominal pain, lower back).
The following factors can be attributed to physiological reasons:
- increased levels of lutein-stimulating hormone (LH) and estrogen, which are responsible for the release of the egg from the ovary. Therefore, the selection of bloody nature can be a sign of the egg's readiness for "reproduction",
- too active sexual pleasures, improper posture during sexual intercourse or too large sexual organ of the partner, as a result of which the cervix and vaginal mucosa are injured. If such discharge occurs after sex all the time, it is necessary to consult a gynecologist, because sometimes this is the first and only manifestation of pathologies such as cervical cancer, vaginal neoplasms and cervical erosion,
- brown or bloody discharge in the middle of a cycle is a sign of pregnancy. During the attachment of a fertilized egg to the endometrium, some women excrete a small amount of bloody fluid. Metrorrhagia on other periods of childbearing is an alarming signal and requires immediate medical attention, as they may be the first sign of miscarriage, premature birth, placental abruption, etc.
Normally, such secretions become visible only during washing or other hygiene procedures, that is, they should not smear underwear.
Also, the appearance of discharge in the intermenstrual period often indicates the presence of disease. Consider them.
- Inflammation of the endometrium. This pathology is characterized by inflammation of the inner layer of the uterus, which develops due to the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms into the uterus. Infection of the endometrium can occur during medical manipulations on the uterus (curettage, vacuum extraction of the ovum, sensing of the uterus, etc.), if they were performed without complying with sanitary and epidemiological norms. In addition, endometritis may appear after childbirth. The discharge can be either bloody or purulent, with a foul odor, or it can be with mucus. Also, the patient is worried about fever, abdominal pain, general weakness, chills, excessive sweating.
- Endometrial polyps. The emergence of polyps contribute to curettage of the uterus, cesarean section.
- Incorrectly selected doses of hormonal contraceptives. An inadequate dose of hormonal contraceptives can cause hormonal disruption in the body, and this, in turn, metrorrhagia.
- Infectious processes in the vagina and cervix. The presence of inflammation inside the vagina and cervix can be an obstacle to the release of menstrual blood, which will continue to stand out even in the menstrual period.
- Hormonal disbalance. The menstrual cycle is regulated by sex hormones. Each phase of the cycle is characterized by its own hormone, so when hormonal failure, menstruation can occur even in the middle of the cycle.
- Endometriosis. This disease is characterized by the appearance of foci of the endometrium in places where it should not be - the cervix, vaginal wall, external genitalia, etc.
- Means of intrauterine contraception (spiral). This contraceptive increases the risk of inflammation of the endometrium, and, accordingly, the appearance of bleeding in the intermenstrual period.
- Benign and malignant neoplasms of the uterus walls (fibroids and fibroids of the uterus, cancer of the uterus and its cervix).
- Psycho-emotional shock. Strong stress can reflect on the hormonal background of a woman, causing it to fail. In addition, stress can contribute to the exacerbation of chronic diseases of the reproductive organs, which will become a provoking factor of intermenstrual bleeding.
With regular and prolonged intermenstrual bleeding, the gynecologist will prescribe a number of studies that will help determine the cause of the menstrual cycle.
In the diagnosis of menstrual disorders, the following methods can be used:
- gynecological examination of the vagina and cervix using mirrors,
- colposcopy - examination of the cervix using a special device - a colposcope,
- smear from the vagina on the microflora,
- cervical smear for cytology,
- clinical blood test,
- a blood test for a sex hormonal panel,
- blood test for Wasserman (detection of antibodies to the causative agent of syphilis),
- tissue sampling for histological examination,
- ultrasound of the pelvic organs, including transvaginal or transrectal,
- blood test for HIV
- diagnostic curettage of the uterus with further histological analysis of the material and others.
Thus, only an experienced specialist - a gynecologist will be able to correctly determine the cause of intermenstrual bleeding. We do not recommend in this case to engage in self-diagnosis and self-treatment, since such initiative can lead to irreversible health consequences. After all, the choice of treatment depends on the causative factor.
Recall once again that every healthy woman should visit a gynecologist for a preventive examination every six months.
The most common cause of non-pathological intermenstrual bleeding is ovulation. During the first phase of the cycle, follicle maturation occurs under the influence of the pituitary hormones FSH (follicle-stimulating) and a little LH (luteinizing). In particular, the number of vessels that feed it increases. They can braid the entire surface of the bubble like a net.
By the 10-12th day of the cycle, estrogen secretion reaches a peak level. After 12 hours, there is a response peak release of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones. This means that in 24-48 hours you can expect ovulation and, accordingly, intermenstrual bleeding. It occurs as a consequence of the rupture of the follicle and damage to blood vessels, therefore, is called breakthrough.
Discharge while not abundant, in color - from light pink to dark. Daub lasts one to two days and does not require special pads (enough "daily"). Treatment in this case is not carried out.
Dark "unplanned" discharge may indicate pregnancy. If a woman's menstrual cycle is extended or not always regular, she may miss the moment of ovulation. Usually, the embryo travels from the ovaries to the uterus in seven to ten days. Normally, implantation should occur at the peak of progesterone - this is the seventh day after ovulation. If a woman has early ovulation, then the moment of attachment to the uterus will also shift.
During implantation, the embryo secretes enzymes that melt the endometrium along with the vessels in it. The embryo gradually sinks into the tissue and hides behind them. From the molten blood vessels can be released a little blood, which comes out through the vagina. The amount is scarce, there is no smell, the color is usually dark.
While taking most of the combined oral contraceptive pills (COCs) during the first three months, bleeding in the middle of the cycle may appear. The reason - the lack of progestogens in the composition of the drug. Also influenced by the following factors:
- unstable hormones,
- missed tablet
- violation of instructions to the drug,
- unsuitable type of coca,
- low doses of hormones
- concomitant gynecological pathology.
In adolescents, menstruation does not always become regular immediately after the onset of menarche. This requires up to a year. Concentrations and rhythm of secretion of LH and FSH in girls often become confused, so bleeding between menstruation may occur. If they are smearing, without pain and smell, then there is nothing to worry about. But with constantly repeated bleeding, heavy bleeding, an urgent need to consult a doctor.
Consequence of pathology
Discharge from the vagina can acquire not only a brown tint. Sometimes it all begins with the appearance of atypical whiter: they are accompanied by itching, become cheesy, thick, sour smell increases. Most likely, this is a sign of thrush. If left untreated, the inflamed mucosa will start to bleed a little and pink impurities will appear.
But the reason may be in sexually transmitted infections. If the discharge is watery, profuse, and there is pain in the abdomen, then this is an inflammatory process. Yellow shade usually indicates a non-specific process, and a greenish shade indicates Trichomonas.
You can suspect pathological bleeding when the following symptoms appear:
- heavy discharge
- the appearance of blood clots
- severe abdominal pain
- temperature rise,
- unpleasant smell
- long metrorrhagia,
- scanty menstruation.
Endometriosis and endometrial hyperplasia
Pathological growth of the endometrium in atypical places leads to hormonal failure. This tissue has its own hormonal activity and can change the general background. In turn, an excessively high level of estrogen leads to endometrial hyperplasia. It can be diffuse and local, in the form of a polyp on the leg. The thickened endometrium is able to reject, which leads to the appearance of metrorrhagia. In this case, for a woman of reproductive age, curettage becomes a therapeutic and diagnostic procedure at the same time.
Sometimes there is an emptying of the endometrial foci in the uterus, which can grow deep into the muscles. They are emptied without a clear connection with the menstrual cycle, while the blood is almost black.
The growth of muscle and fibrous tissue leads to the appearance of foci, which, when large or under the mucous membrane, can disrupt the rejection of the endometrium. This happens regardless of the day of the cycle. Also manifested in the form of prolonged menstruation, which first went into decline, and then increased.
Pathology of the cervix
Isolation of blood from the cervix during erosion often has a contact character. It appears after intercourse, examination by a doctor. Sometimes brown discharge -
due to cautery erosion: ten days after the procedure, the eschar begins to move away.
Bleeding in itself is not dangerous. But you need to be examined and treat erosion. Signs of cell atypia indicate the risk of a pathology going to cancer.
Oncological diseases are increasingly common at a young age, and in premenopausal women and during menopause, they are one of the most frequent causes of bleeding. The tumor is located on the cervix, in the uterus. Sometimes detachable gets an extremely unpleasant smell (decaying flesh). Only timely diagnosis and radical treatment will help in time to get rid of the disease and increase the chances of survival.
Pulling pain in the lower abdomen and mid-cycle discharge of blood may be a consequence of aborted ectopic pregnancy. This condition is accompanied by internal bleeding, and the blood that has poured out is only a small part. The severity of the condition will gradually increase, blood pressure will drop, tachycardia and signs of vascular collapse will appear. This situation requires an immediate response.
При прикреплении плодного яйца в шейке матки также бывает кровотечение — сначала в момент имплантации, а затем в новом цикле по мере роста эмбриона. Это опасно для жизни женщины.
Уже с первой менструации важны:
- режим дня,
- proper nutrition
- достаточный отдых,
- физическая активность,
- защита от ИППП,
- укрепление иммунитета.
Doctors of reproductive age doctors additionally advise the following:
- regular sex life
- correct contraception
- lack of abortion.
Women who have given birth to more than one child are less susceptible to the development of fibroids, endometriosis. And with regular use of oral contraceptives, the risk of uterine cancer is significantly reduced.
I have this trouble quite often, they said it was a matter of hormones, they prescribed Yarin and they were told to treat with Metrogil plus, because some cocci are in a smear. So what? I began to drink Yarina - the same, even stronger. What to do?
Albina New, http://www.prosto-mariya.ru/korichnevye-vydeleniya-v-seredine-menstrualnogo-cikla-norma-i-patologiya_1541.html
I have the last six months, it begins to smear after O and before M. They planted it on the urozhestan, although according to analyzes, the progs are in order. The doctor said that perhaps it is not enough. On the first month, now 24 DC, while everything is clean)))
Alena Shtinova, https://www.baby.ru/community/view/22621/forum/post/234254499/
I had a similar garbage here. Monthly in this cycle began earlier by 3 days. Lasted longer than usual, but were less abundant. And after menstruation after 4 days, he began to bleed again. Not much, but a couple of daily for the day had to be changed. It lasted a week. It ended by itself. Most likely, some hormonal failure was. Soon I finish my last course of duphaston and go to the gynecologist. There and find out that Taku Bulo 🙂
Causes of intermenstrual spotting may be hidden in a hormonal imbalance that occurs on the background of thyroid dysfunction or impaired adrenal glands. In this case, the lubricating secretion may be bleeding in the middle of the cycle or a “shift” in the calendar menstruation.
Women who are faced with this disease, argue that in violation of the hormonal background, menstruation can go at any time, but always before the onset of critical days the lower abdomen begins to ache.
The reasons that trigger the processes that lead to hormonal disorders are extremely diverse. But, from the total mass, stands out a number of the most common:
- Eating disorders.
- Physical exercise.
- Change of climatic zones.
- The presence of stressful situations.
- Lack of daily regimen.
There are hormonal failures "spontaneously", but without proper treatment, such a pathology can cause irreparable harm to the female body. To control the level of hormones, you must pass the appropriate tests at least once every few months.
Intermenstrual mucous spotting, in most cases, is the physiological norm. However, the presence of aggravating symptoms may indicate a possible pathological process affecting the reproductive system. To diagnose a disease, you should immediately contact a specialist and pass a series of tests to help you make a correct history and find out the root cause of what is happening!
Even small bloody issues, which appear in a woman from the vagina in the period between menstruation, indicate that it is necessary to exercise vigilance and with the help of a doctor it is imperative to understand how dangerous it is, and for what reason these symptoms appear. Both brownish brown discharges and mucous discharges with streaks of blood, which appear, for example, on the 15th day of the cycle should be alerted. If these are acyclic manifestations, disease development can be suspected.
According to statistics, small bleeding or bleeding in girls and women between menstruationappear in about 80% of cases. 20% of women say that such discharge is not obscene, but abundant, and they can appear unexpectedly, or the woman notices that she went after intercourse blood.
It is especially important to pay attention to any selections during of pregnancy. Why women in the blood position, you need to find out immediately, regardless of whether there is pain in the lower abdomen, or not. Contact the doctor should be immediately, as the blood or dark discharge from women may indicate an abortion.
Below will be considered the causes of intermenstrual bloody discharge.
To suspect that bleeding or smear is a pathological phenomenon, a woman must clearly know what kind of cycle it should be. Of course, every experienced woman knows how many days between periods - the norm for her. How many days there should be between menstruation, this concept is individual. For some, the cycle is 30-35 days, for others the cycle is 24 days - this is normal. However, the average cycle is 28 days. Although from month to month it can fluctuate and be 24-27 days.
How is the cycle counted? It begins on the first day of the month and ends with the start of the next menstruation. Therefore, if a mature woman has something similar to her monthly after 2 weeks, after a week she began again, or her monthly came for the second time in a month, the reasons for this will be determined by the doctor, who should be immediately referred to. But if the second time in a month went monthly in a young girl, this may indicate the formation of a cycle. In such a situation, if the monthly came 2 times a month, this is normal. About such manifestations of the girls often write on each thematic forum.
However, if the onset of menstruation is noted a few days ahead of time, or the interval between menstruation is more than a few days, you should not alarm the alarm and take some steps ahead of time. This may occur due to stresses, too intense training, fatigue, climate change, etc. Sometimes the reasons why they went monthly 10 days earlier, are also associated with such phenomena. It happens that the lower abdomen hurts for a while, and does not start menstruating - a similar phenomenon can also be associated with overstrain or stress.
Brown and bloody discharge as a symptom of disease
Diseases such symptoms may indicate in the following cases:
- discharge with blood or brown appears in the middle of the monthly cycle (for example, on the 16th day of the cycle or on the 12th day of the cycle, depending on its duration), while the woman does not take hormonal oral contraceptives,
- with discharge, the lower abdomen hurts, there is dryness, burning, itching in the vagina, the temperature rises, pain is felt during intercourse,
- at climaxor if a woman has not had any periods for a year already,
- in case of persistent discharge after sex.
Blood and brown discharge - when is it normal?
Brown and sometimes even black discharge is a result of the fact that they are mixed with drops of blood. "Normal" dark discharge may occur in a healthy person in the following cases:
- if there are drops of a dark color a few days before menstruation, this indicates that the period will begin soon,
- a few days after the monthly period ends, and how many days such secretions should go normally, is an individual question for each woman,
- in the middle of the monthly cycle, this is possible when taking oral contraceptives,
- after violent intercourse, provided that the woman was not sufficiently excited, and because of an insufficient amount of lubricant, the vaginal mucosa was damaged,
- after the first, as well as several subsequent sexual intercourse, when the girl has just begun a sexual life.
Bleeding mid cycle
Determining the causes of bleeding in the middle of the cycle, it should be borne in mind that they may be different. First of all, pinkish or pink discharges, as well as brown discharges in the middle of the cycle are possible if a woman has these days. ovulation. Whether ovulation may be sooner or later depends on the individual characteristics of the woman’s physiology, but it occurs approximately in the middle of the cycle.
If spotting in the middle of the cycle is very scarce, smearing, then, in the absence of disease, this may be a variant of the norm.
In this case, pink or brown daub will pass by itself, and treatment is not required.
It is not uncommon for women to notice that they develop bleeding from ovulation or just a drop of dark-colored daub. Naturally, ovulation with blood secretions scares women, forcing them to think that certain negative changes occur in the body. But such manifestations during ovulation may in fact be normal, since in the process of release of the egg the walls break follicle. Accordingly, microvessels are torn, as a result of which bleeding occurs during ovulation. Answering the question, during ovulation for how many days such daub may appear, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the organism. If the vessels of the fair sex are very thin, then this condition can continue for several days after ovulation has occurred. As a rule, daub in this case is brown. Sometimes, after ovulation, it pulls the abdomen as before menstruation, which is also a normal sensation. As a rule, ovulation occurs on day 10 - day 17 of the cycle.
A woman should not worry that such manifestations will become an obstacle to conception — even if such secretions appear, she can become pregnant. But if this happens more than once, but three or more cycles in a row, you can be suspectedprogesterone deficiency. In this case, it is important to visit a gynecologist.
Experts divide any red, brown, dark discharge that appears between menstruation into two groups: bleeding uterineand intermenstrual.
Uterine bleeding can occur at any age and indicate such diseases:
All these diseases are very serious, it is important to identify them and provide immediate treatment. That is why the causes of blood discharge in the middle of the cycle, it is imperative that you establish and immediately treat the disease correctly.
If blood in the middle of the menstruation cycle appears regularly after sexual contact, erosion is likely. You can also suspect that this is cervical cancer. If at the same time pulls the abdomen in the middle of the cycle, inflammation of the inner layer of the uterus is likely.
Intermenstrual bloody discharge associated with other causes. So, they can provoke hormonal contraception, and blood or brown secretions can occur when taking pills or applying hormonal patches, rings. Dark brown discharge or daub of a different color is considered normal in the first three months of taking such contraceptives. This is possible when taking Jess, Janin and other means. If a woman drank and continues to take drugs Claira, Novinet, Regulon and others, such manifestations in the first months can be considered normal. Also, this may occur after the abolition of such contraception.
But if a woman does not accept hormones, and her period has not yet arrived, she may notice that she is smearing blood or brown mucus is released due to the following reasons:
- Taking medications that can affect the menstrual cycle. For example, it may be the use of additives containing estrogen.
- The use of drugs intended for emergency contraception. This is possible after Postinor, Ginepristonedrug Eskapeland etc.
- Pink or light brown discharge is possible if availableintrauterine device.
- Dysfunction of the thyroid gland and, as a result, low levels of hormones of this gland.
- The inflammatory process of the vagina with sexually transmitted diseases, with genital infections.
- Polycystic ovary.
- The presence of hormonal disorders - progesterone deficiency, hyperprolactinemia.
- Injuries to the genitals.
- Recent procedures that the gynecologist performed.
- Very strong stress, shock.
- Heavy physical activity, too active sport.
- Sharp climate change.
In any case, why blood and chest pain in the middle of the cycle, you need to ask a specialist who will conduct an inspection and prescribe the necessary research.
It should be remembered that if women who have an active sex life, there is a daub, there is blood, but not monthly, you can be suspected STDs. The latter is particularly likely if an unprotected act occurred.
In this case, the smear from the vagina is accompanied by itching, pain, burning sensation during urination.
Women who are not protected or have an unprotected act are likely to become pregnant. If you pull the stomach, and there are scarlet discharge or mucus with blood streaks, you can be suspected miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. With the development of such a state, the stomach hurts badly.
But if a week before menstruation, or 2, 3, 4 days before the expected menstruation, there was a spotting in the blood, the reason may be related to the fact that the woman is pregnant. Therefore, if a few days before menstruation or in those days when menstruation was due to occur, non-abundant blood or brown daub appeared before menstruation, and then there was a delay, you can suspect pregnancy.
Brown discharge a week before menstruation or in the middle of the cycle can be associated with severe physical exertion or stress experienced.
The reasons why it smears before menstruation and pulls the stomach can be associated with a very active and regular sex life. As a result, there are microcracks, from which blood is released.
But in any case, the causes of smear per week or whether such manifestations may be associated with the disease should be determined by the gynecologist.
What do bloody discharges mean after intercourse?
If a woman has a bleeding after intercourse, and after intimacy, pain is disturbed, it can be suspected that some of the diseases listed below develop. Even if the discharge is odorless and pain, it does not mean that everything is normal with health.
Of course, this can happen when taking birth control pills, but still there is a possibility of such ailments:
- cervical erosion,
- cervical cancer,
- vaginal tumors.
If after a persistent bleeding after sex appears, a few days have passed, and at the same time the stomach, back, waist, crotch aches or hurts, you need to consult a doctor. Such a sign may indicate damage to the ovaries, cysts. Also, a strange selection can talk about ectopic pregnancy.
It is necessary to be attentive and to those who had an unprotected act after the menstruation cycle. Although pregnancy is most likely on the days of ovulation, which occurs around the 14th day of the cycle, conception is possible at any time.
Therefore, if a brown daub appeared on the 18th, 19th, 20th day of the cycle, it is quite possible that the woman became pregnant.
Allocation before monthly
5-6 days before menstruation due to hormonal changes in the body, a woman may note that the nature of what stands out from the vagina is a bit unusual. Leucorrhea may be cloudy and creamy. They are no longer pale transparent, but white or yellowish, sometimes abundant and watery, but more often they are viscous and thick.
After taking a smear in the days before menstruation, an increased amount is determined leukocyte count, gram-negative bacilli, epithelial cells.
A variant of the norm can also be blood-like discharge - the sucker appears several days before the menstruation, while the woman is not disturbed by other unpleasant symptoms.
However, if white discharge is plentiful and long-lasting, with an unpleasant smell, sometimes darkish, gray, and the woman is worried about itching, burning sensation, it can be a question of thrush.
Many women are interested in how normal the dark brown discharge is before menstruation, which in many people appear a day, and sometimes even 2-3 days before the menstruation. Pinkish or dark discharge before menstruation is an absolutely normal phenomenon, provided that daub of this color appears on the eve of menstruation. Since menstruation is a consequence of the death of the egg, its output occurs gradually. And if before the menstruation there are such allocations for no more than one day, the pathology is not in question.
Therefore, you need to know: if the brown discharge is before menstruation, what does it mean - depends on how long this phenomenon lasts. If it starts about a week before menstruation, you can be suspected that the disease of the reproductive system is developing. Therefore, it is necessary to visit a doctor.
It should be noted that if instead of menstruation daub appears brown or burgundy, you can suspect pregnancy. It is known that among the many symptoms that make it possible to suspect an interesting situation, there is also a sign of pregnancy — light brown discharge. Sometimes a woman notes that such strokes went 1 day and ended.
However, to make sure that the woman is expecting a child, a check up at the doctor or a test showing two strips will help.
Spotting before menstruation begins due to the following reasons:
- hormonal imbalance,
- climate change,
- stress or shock
- use of hormonal contraception or the end of the reception,
- uterine polyps.
Discharge after menstruation
Normally, black, light brown discharge after menstruation or light pink may appear for several more days. If go after menstruation brown discharge, what this means depends on the duration of this phenomenon.Dark brown discharge for three days after the red bloody has ended, this is normal. When a daub of this color appears, a natural cleansing of the uterus occurs.
But if such a phenomenon lasts longer than three days, the reasons for why the bleeding after menstruation goes should be determined by the doctor whose specialty is gynecology.
It is possible to answer the question why blood after menstruation or from what reason blood blew in a week, after examination and research. But if it smears brown for a long time or there is spotting in a week after menstruation, you can be suspected uterine myoma, endometriosisand other diseases. Therefore, if the periods have passed, and the bleeding is still going on, and this same repeated manifestations take place in the next cycle, it is worth undergoing an examination.
Any discharge that appeared after the menstruation is completely completed should be alerted. If on the 11th day or 10 days after menstruation, spotting reappears, or first they are beige, then dark, and then blood, you should immediately contact a doctor.
Natural causes of discomfort
Blood spotting in women is always associated with menstruation. Normally they come in cycles - every 21-35 days. On the first day or two, these are not big and even spotting, which gradually increase, and then fade again. At the same time, many people note that the day before, as well as during critical days, there are pains - in the lower abdomen, lower back, sacrum.
Its severity varies from tolerant to acute, requiring urgent use of analgesics. But bleeding and lower abdominal pain may also be associated with other conditions. The main ones are as follows:
- Ovulation. As a rule, it is daub in the middle of the cycle. Ovulatory secretions are not monthly, they occur under the influence of provoking factors - stress, travel, inflammatory diseases and others. In terms of their abundance, they are rather smearing and last one or two days. If the discharge is longer, abundant or prolonged, occur almost every month - you should immediately consult a doctor to rule out serious diseases.
- Pregnancy. If you have pain in the abdomen and bleeding, first of all, pregnancy, including ectopic, should be excluded. By itself, the clinical picture indicates the pathological course of pregnancy, if it is confirmed - the threat of miscarriage or non-developing. It is necessary to make a urinary test or to pass a blood test for hCG, with positive results - immediately seek medical help.
- After gynecological manipulations. Scraping of the uterus and cervix, abortions, miscarriages, as well as the installation of the intrauterine device, endometrial biopsy - all these procedures can be accompanied by poor or moderate bleeding and abdominal pain. As a rule, everything passes for 3-5 days. Spotting may be disturbed in some cases before the next menstruation.
- After childbirth. Within 42 days after birth, epithelialization of the inner surface of the uterus occurs, which is accompanied by varying severity of secretions - from abundant bloody in the first week, to spotting and brown-slimy in 3-4 weeks. In parallel with this, everyone noted the pulling pains in the lower abdomen, which are caused by the contraction of the uterus.
This is especially felt during breastfeeding, as oxytocin released during nipple irritation stimulates the activity of the myometrium.
- Drug intake. Some medications that affect the blood coagulation ability, as well as hormonal contraceptives, can also cause daub / cycle disorder and lower abdominal pain due to uterine contraction. When you receive OK, this picture is valid in the first three months of administration, but if it lasts longer, you should visit a doctor to decide whether to take this drug.
Diseases with lower abdominal pain, bloody discharge
A similar clinical picture can also occur in various pathological conditions and diseases. And the symptoms will be predominant - pain and bloody discharge. To clarify the diagnosis requires examination. Among the most common causes are the following:
- Endometriosis. Pain in this case is caused by adhesions, which is formed against the background of endometriosis, as well as excessive secretion of prostaglandins. The pain intensifies on the eve and during menstruation. Monthly preceded by a long brown daub, which lasts for 2-5 days after the completion of the main discharge. Treatment of endometriosis - hormonal, in some cases - operational.
- Cervical Diseases. Erosion, ectopia, cancer, polyps, and even banal inflammation may be accompanied by bloating or excessive bleeding (for example, in the case of advanced cervical cancer). The pain is not obvious, often is aching in nature. Occurs after physical exertion, sexual intercourse or for no apparent reason.
- Pathology of the uterus. Polyps in the uterus can give acyclic spotting, as well as in the middle of the cycle and resemble ovulatory. If the polyp is large and goes into the cervical canal, the woman is bothered by nagging pains of varying intensity. After removing the polyp, everything goes away. Endometrial hyperplasia can produce breakthrough bleeding with pain due to uterine contraction.
Polyps in the uterus
- Ovarian formation. Ovarian cysts are often the cause of hormonal disorders. Therefore, it is not uncommon - spotting at their formation, not related to menstruation. At the same time, pain is caused by the pressure of cysts on neighboring organs, nerve endings.
- Violation of the menstrual cycle. Inflammation of the appendages is always accompanied by pain in the abdomen. Against the background of adnexitis, various failures of the menstrual cycle often occur, which disappear after adequate and complete treatment.
- Uterine fibroids. The combination of pain and bleeding is characteristic of the delivery of submucous node due to the fact that it protrudes into the cervical canal and irritates the cervix. Nodes with an intramural or subserous location can be the cause of either pain (in the event of a malfunction), or acyclic secretions or heavy menstruation.
For reasons of bloody intermenstrual bleeding, see this video:
When you must see a doctor
Pain and bleeding should be the reason for a planned visit to the doctor. The specialist after the necessary examination will give recommendations on how to reduce the severity of unpleasant symptoms. In an emergency order should seek medical help in the following cases:
- pains are very strong, cramping,
- pregnancy is not excluded,
- discharge with an unpleasant smell
- pains are increasing
- general well-being is disturbed - dizziness, headache, pressure drops, fainting is possible,
- if discharge increases, uterine bleeding occurs.
The minimum examination in such cases includes an examination by a gynecologist, and, if necessary, related specialists, most often surgeons. Also performed:
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs - allows you to identify tumors, pathology of the uterus, pregnancy,
- complete blood and urine tests - help to eliminate related diseases and to establish the condition of a woman,
- a pregnancy test or blood test for hCG - especially necessary if an ectopic and unclear picture is suspected with an ultrasound.
Treatment of the condition depends on the cause. Symptomatic treatment may be recommended, hormonal preparations are prescribed or various manipulations are performed - diagnostic curettage of the uterus, hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and, if necessary, abdominal surgery.
And here is more about the reasons why during the month the stomach hurts on the right.
Pain in combination with bloody discharge is not always a sign of beginning menses. Often, this combination of symptoms indicates a serious illness. In a planned manner, all women must undergo an examination, in an emergency - in conditions of life-threatening conditions.
Independently understand that this is abundant menstruation or bleeding, it can be very difficult. However, there are clear signs of menstruation and bleeding, as well as additional symptoms for which it is important to consult a doctor.
Different endometritis treatment also requires different. Methods of treatment, schemes for the treatment of chronic and acute, postpartum and autoimmune, purulent will be slightly different. Although the drugs may be the same.
There are bloody discharge in ovulation, even in absolutely healthy women. So the body can react to stress, flights and other factors. However, if they become regular, accompanied by additional symptoms, it is necessary to see a doctor.
If the monthly stomach ache on the right, to guess the cause of the condition will help additional symptoms. After all, discomfort can provoke both gynecological and other diseases.
What is intermenstrual bleeding?
Mezhmenstrualny bleeding is called a moderate or abundant discharge of blood from the genital tract, which can occur in the first half or middle of the cycle. The menstrual cycle in a healthy woman usually has a duration of 28-30 days, but in individual cases, shifts up or down are possible. If the cycle lasts 24 days or 35 days, there is no cause for concern if this cycle occurs constantly. The beginning of the cycle is considered the day of the onset of menstrual bleeding, therefore, the middle of the cycle is the period from 9 to 13 days after the end of menstruation.
There are two types of intermenstrual bleeding:
- metrorrhagia - dysfunctional uterine bleeding, resulting from pathological disorders in the organs of the reproductive system,
- physiological bleeding - bleeding that is the result of physiological processes in a woman's body and that appears strictly on the 10-16th day of the cycle.
They can differ in the amount of excreted blood, associated signs, duration of discharge and other symptoms, according to which an experienced doctor can immediately classify the pathology.
When not to worry?
If the woman’s cycle is irregular, bleeding 7–10 days before the expected menstrual date may be menstrual bleeding. There are many factors that can trigger the onset of menstruation. These include:
- taking certain medications
- severe stress
- intense exercise
- emotional stress
- hormonal disruptions.
Severe stress can cause uterine bleeding in the middle of the cycle.
Even nutritional errors can cause early menstruation. For example, heavy consumption of snacks, crackers, spices, spicy and fatty foods, and alcohol adversely affects the condition of all organs of the female body, including the reproductive system. If a woman abuses harmful products, she is more likely to experience a violation of the cycle between menstruation and diseases of the female genital area.
The use of harmful products leads to disturbances of cyclicality between menstruation and diseases of the female genital
Normal is also considered moderate blood flow during ovulation and the next 2-3 days. This characteristic indicates that the mature egg is ready for fertilization. In this case, the bleeding occurs due to the rupture of the dominant follicle, which “releases” the ripe egg into the fallopian tube, where it can connect with the spermatozoon and form a zygote.
Important! Inadequate bleeding during and after ovulation received the name "ovulatory syndrome." A woman during this period may experience nagging pain in the lower abdomen, lower back and coccygeal region. Temperature (including basal parameters) also usually rises by 0.5 ° -1 °. The general state of health can worsen: there is a weakness, drowsiness, working capacity decreases. All these symptoms should go completely on the 16-17 day of the cycle. If this does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
Phases of the menstrual cycle
Early symptom of pregnancy
Brown spotting may be a sign of pregnancy. In this case, they are usually accompanied by painful sensations in the lower abdomen, where the uterus is located, and other common symptoms, which include:
- poor appetite
- nausea upon waking (some women may feel sick all day),
- weakness and drowsiness
- swelling of the mammary glands.
To check whether a woman is pregnant or not, you can use a test to determine the level of hCG in morning urine or make an ultrasound transvaginal transducer (but here it is worth considering that in very short periods such an ultrasound can be uninformative).
Important! At the slightest suspicion of pregnancy, you should consult a doctor to exclude the ectopic position of the ovum. Brown discharge during pregnancy in the early stages may also indicate a miscarriage, therefore, a gynecologist's consultation with this symptom is necessary.
Oral contraceptives are contraception for women in the form of tablets or capsules (for oral administration) containing hormones. Most often, women are prescribed drugs based on estrogen or progesterone. It can be:
The mechanism of action of hormonal contraceptives
Drugs in this group can be used to protect against unwanted pregnancy or the treatment of gynecological diseases, such as endometriosis of the uterus. When uterine bleeding women may also be prescribed increased doses of hormones, but this method of stopping bleeding cannot be used independently, especially if the woman has a benign or malignant formation in history.
It is necessary to start taking oral contraceptives from the 1st day of the cycle (in some cases, the doctor may prescribe from 3-5 days from the beginning of the menstrual period). If a woman stops taking the drug before the end of the course (21 days), “withdrawal bleeding” may begin. This is abundant, breakthrough uterine bleeding, which in most cases can only be stopped with a curettage procedure or vacuum aspiration.
Oral contraceptives can cause bleeding in the middle of a cycle.
Important! Preparations for emergency contraception ("Postinor», «Eskapel" or "Ginepriston") Can also cause heavy bleeding, so after they are taken, a woman needs to be under medical supervision for 10-14 days.
Discharge before and after birth
Brown or pink discharge appears a few days before childbirthwhen there is another hormonal adjustment in the body. The cervix gradually prepares for opening, the cork is gradually pushed out. It, as a rule, comes out gradually, therefore daub can appear even a day or two before giving birth, and earlier - 12-13 days. But if blood appears a few days before the expected birth, a doctor should be consulted immediately, as this may be evidence of pathologies.
After delivery, when the afterbirth came out, blood continues to be released for several weeks. Such secretions are called lochia. Gradually, they become darker with the bloody, their number decreases. In the second week they are yellowish-brown, orange, then they gradually brighten. But even a month after giving birth, the suckers can continue. But if the number of Lohii has greatly increased, or they continue even 2 months after giving birth, you must tell the doctor about it.
What factors can trigger bleeding in the middle of a cycle?
Very often women who have an intrauterine device - a hormonal means of local action that prevents fertilization - complain of mucous discharge with streaks of blood. The spiral (like the rings) must be replaced after a certain period of time. If this is not done, an inflammatory process may begin, accompanied by fever and moderate bleeding. Improper installation of the spiral can also cause injury to the mucous membranes and scarce bleeding.
Inflammation of the uterus and fallopian tubes causes bleeding.
Other factors that can trigger mid-cycle bleeding include:
- chronic stress (divorce, hard work, scandalous home),
- lifting heavy objects (rearranging furniture, lifting heavy bags on the stairs),
- injuries of the genitals and vagina (for example, when using sex toys),
- lack of vitamins C, A and E, participating in the hematopoietic system,
- active or hard intercourse.
Important! If the bleeding started 1-2 days after visiting the gynecologist, it can be caused by medical procedures and the use of gynecological instruments. Such discharge should not last more than 24-48 hours. If the blood does not stop, you need to consult a doctor.
Pathology of the mucous membrane of the uterus
The most common cause of bleeding on day 10-14 of the cycle is the pathology of the uterine mucosa (endometrium). Abundant, breakthrough uterine bleeding is often observed with excessive proliferation of the epithelial layer - endometrial hyperplasia.The disease is caused by an excess of sex hormones - progesterone and estrogen - and requires correction with the use of hormonal drugs. Often, a woman is assigned a diagnostic curettage, in which the doctor removes the entire endometrium with a special surgical knife (curette) and sends it for histological examination.
Other common endometrial pathologies include endometriosis and endometritis. Endometriosis is the pathological growth of the tissues of the mucous membrane beyond this layer. If inflammation joins the process, the woman is diagnosed with endometritis. All violations in the functioning of the endometrium are accompanied by characteristic symptoms, including:
- pulling sensations in the lower back and lower abdomen,
- violation of the menstrual cycle,
- bloody daub between menstruation,
- problems with conception,
- pain during intercourse,
- insufficient production of vaginal secretions (lubrication).
note! Endometrial pathologies increase the risk of malignant processes several times, so you shouldn’t delay addressing to a doctor.
In various types of tumors, bleeding is chronic and appears in almost every cycle. The discharge may have a red or brown color (more rarely, a light pink shade), are not accompanied by painful sensations, and usually have a moderate intensity.
Types of tumors in the uterus, ovaries and other organs of the reproductive system
Characteristics of intermenstrual bleeding with this type of tumor