- with heavy painful periods,
- with a strong deterioration of health in critical days,
- in the presence of diseases of the sexual sphere.
If menstruation is painless for a woman, she leads an active life, the situation with dental treatment during periods does not feel much discomfort. Especially if the critical days last only 3 days.
Transformations in the body during menstruation
Every woman in the period of critical days becomes unbalanced, capricious, vulnerable, extremely sensitive. Any comment can wound her in the heart, followed by tears. And it's not just like that.
To treat a tooth during menstruation or to postpone until later depends on the woman’s state of health, the complexity of the situation, the individual attitude to the dentist’s doctor. On the question of whom you are afraid of doctors, many answer the "dentist".
A visit to the dentist during monthly - what can you do
A trip to the dentist can pursue different goals. It is not always done to remove a tooth or to treat it. There are less dangerous procedures and more pleasant. Hike to the doctor can not be postponed if you have to:
- brush your teeth
- try on a crown
- put ready-made fixers,
- grind a tooth
- put a small seal
- make an x-ray of a tooth.
Complications after tooth therapy during menstruation
Most of the complications associated with tooth extraction during menstruation. In such a situation arises:
A tooth during menstruation can become sick unexpectedly. Visit the gynecologist can. The doctor will tell you what is wrong with him, what to do in the future. In a situation where the pain is tolerable, you can do for a time painkillers. When menstruation ends go to the reception. It is not worth risking your own health, even if a woman feels calm in the dentist's office, does not have any fear of the treatment procedure. An organism during critical days can behave unpredictably. Particularly impressionable persons should not go to a specialist these days.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE DETECTED MYOMO, CYST, INFERTILITY, OR OTHER DISEASE?
There is an effective treatment for endometriosis, cysts, fibroids, unstable menstrual cycle and other gynecological diseases.. Follow the link and find out what the chief gynecologist of Russia recommends.
Like this article? Share with your friends!
Menstruation and toothache
Toothache can occur at the most inappropriate moments of life, while having poor tolerance and pain relief. Preventing it, numbing at home is not always appropriate, or, on the contrary, an effective method. Some diseases of the enamel surface, gum require immediate intervention and treatment as a matter of urgency in the office at the dentist. Before the manipulation it is recommended to measure the pressure, but if at home there is no such device as a tonometer for any reason, it is possible to ask the nurse to measure the pressure in a clinical setting while being directly at the reception.
During the month is not recommended to carry out activities to remove teeth
A trip to the dentist is considered to be an important manipulation procedure, however, during the period of the menstrual cycle it is not always a good thing, with a number of nuances:
If a woman is going to make a trip to the dentist-surgeon, after consulting with him about the extraction of the tooth, in this case there are a number of features that will help to transfer this manipulation more easily.
During menstruation it is necessary to reduce the consumption of coffee, cheese and chocolate.
Note! Before the immediate start of manipulation, being at the reception at the dentist, it is imperative to inform the doctor about the state of health in general at the moment, about anxiety, about menstruation, if it passes at the time of treatment of the dental cavity.
You can brush your teeth on any day of the cycle without restrictions.
Reference! Also allowed the procedure of saturation of dental elements with minerals. Menstruation is not able to worsen the result of a medical procedure. Especially sessions should be conducted continuously, so as not to reduce the effectiveness of therapy.
Toothache can lead to at least a removal procedure. Here is just what to do if during this period began monthly? If the procedure does not tolerate delay, it is necessary to urgently remove the diseased element in order to prevent the serious consequences of infection and the inflammatory process. In the worst case, during menstruation, removal may be accompanied by an increased level of bleeding.
The secrets of visiting the dentist will tell the video.
General recommendations during menstruation
It is recommended when carrying out serious dental procedures to warn the specialist about menstruation in order to avoid possible unpleasant consequences.
A visit to the dentist often enough begins with the fact that the doctor notes the deposition of plaque on the patient's teeth.
For the health of teeth, the human body needs a number of useful substances and microelements, including fluoride.
One of the most painful and unpleasant dental diseases is flux.
Flux is an inflammatory process that affects the periosteum.
The network of dental clinics "LiderStom" is a team of specialists, each of whom is not only a professional in his # 8230,
What are mouth rinses for?
Rinse are additional hygienic means that effectively clean the entire oral cavity from harmful bacteria. All these funds can be divided into two large groups - treatment-and-prophylactic and hygienic.
The latter include rinses, which eliminate the unpleasant smell and promote fresh breath.
Is ultrasonic cleaning safe?
It turns out that ultrasonic cleaning has a complex effect (provided that really high-quality equipment is used) both on the stone and on the microflora as a whole, cleaning it. And on the mechanical cleaning can not be said. Moreover, ultrasonic cleaning is more pleasant for the patient and takes less time.
5. Odontogenic osteomyelitis.
If a person is faced with such a serious illness, he should be prepared for the fact that the tooth extraction will be performed immediately. The fact is that the elimination of pathogenic bacteria, and all their products of tissue decay, is possible only by removing the affected tooth. This procedure allows the doctor to completely limit the course of inflammatory and infectious processes.
Tooth extraction: possible consequences
As a rule, after completing a thorough examination of the oral cavity of the patient and his teeth, the dentist offers several options for therapeutic procedures. It is believed that tooth extraction is the cheapest method of treatment. But one should take into account the fact that prosthetics, which will certainly be needed in the future, will cost, respectively, much more expensive than tooth extraction.
Possible consequences of tooth extraction include:
1. Deciding on the method of treatment.
The decision to remove the tooth can be made by the doctor only after a thorough examination of the entire oral cavity. In addition, part of the dental examination is often a snapshot (x-ray) of the patient's tooth. In this snapshot, the dentist assesses the general condition of the tooth, the roots and its other internal parts, which are located around the bone itself. Considering all these points, the dentist suggests either performing the operation right in his office, or sending the patient to a surgeon (it all depends on the degree of difficulty).
Before removing the tooth, the doctor must conduct a thorough inspection.
Before proceeding to tooth extraction, the dentist will certainly not only conduct a thorough examination, but will also ask a specific list of questions that help him to obtain the necessary information for a successful scheduled operation.
A number of questions asked by the doctor:
- about the general state of health and the presence of any diseases,
- about previous visits by dental specialists, about treatment methods, about tooth extraction, how the gum healing process proceeded,
- about allergies and individual intolerance to any drugs / medicines,
- Also, the doctor asks about taking medication. This information is really important for any dentist, because even traditional medicines, such as: aspirin, tsitramon, can reduce blood clotting, other drugs - to increase the pressure. The danger is that all this can cause bleeding after the procedure of tooth extraction. If you take any hormonal / contraceptive pills, be sure to tell your doctor about it, because those women who take this kind of medicine often have “dry holes”.
Is antibiotics necessary before tooth extraction?
To begin with, people today have different opinions on the need to take antibiotics before tooth extraction. Some people are sure that taking antibiotics is really required - it helps to avoid the development of inflammation after the tooth extraction procedure. The remaining half of humanity claims that taking antibiotics does not have any beneficial effect at all and only puts pressure on the kidneys / liver.
In fact, the question of taking an antibiotic should not be decided by the patient, but by the doctor himself, and such a decision is made individually, that is, in each specific situation. Usually, the doctor recommends to pre-use the antibiotic before the procedure of extraction of the tooth in the case when it detects an excessively large amount of infection present in the mouth. Accordingly, if the attending physician prescribes the reception of a particular antibiotic, the patient must strictly adhere to the regimen of his reception. In any other case, antibiotics will not only be useless to humans, but will even be harmful to the body.
There are cases when, after taking antibiotics, a person feels several strange reactions of his body, for example, a rash appears on the body, shortness of breath. If you see something like this, immediately stop using the drug and report a deterioration in your well-being to the doctor.
Teeth removal under general anesthesia
In recent years, modern dental clinics often perform tooth extraction exclusively under general anesthesia. Experts say that the pharmacological drug used for general anesthesia does not cause any harm to the human body.
Under general anesthesia it is easier to survive an unpleasant procedure.
Doctors suggest that teeth be removed using general anesthesia in such cases:
When the patient has an uncontrolled, panic fear of dental procedures. Such people can simply squeeze their teeth uncontrollably, not allowing the doctor to perform the necessary manipulations.
The presence of gag reflex.
Of course, no one likes that a doctor is climbing into his mouth, armed with a variety of instruments. But there are people who have developed a gag reflex to a large extent, and this type of manipulation is caused by sudden attacks of vomiting. Accordingly, it is most advisable, when there is such an opportunity, to carry out the extraction of teeth directly under general anesthesia.
If the patient is allergic.
When a person is prone to allergic reactions that are caused by traditional local anesthetics, they simply have to endure the pain that occurs during the tooth extraction process, since local anesthesia is strictly contraindicated for allergy sufferers. The fact is that such a situation may even lead to the onset of a painful shock. As for general anesthesia, it never provokes allergic reactions, which is why doctors successfully use it to treat allergies.
Of course, the removal of a tooth under general anesthesia greatly facilitates the work of the dentist, and also helps the patient himself to avoid stressful situations. However, it is important to know that if you are offered to perform a tooth extraction directly under general anesthesia, the medical institution must necessarily have an appropriate license, and the anesthesiologist must work in the clinic. Calculation of the dose of anesthesia and monitoring of the patient's condition should be performed not by the dentist, but exclusively by the anesthesiologist!
Tooth extraction: preparatory process
When a doctor notifies his patient that a tooth must be removed, the person will usually experience a feeling of anxiety and fear of such a procedure, which is a natural reaction. Fear causes, as a rule, ignorance. Therefore, we described below how tooth extraction occurs. Well, now, let's talk more about the preparation for the procedure:
1. Anesthetic injection.
Before the doctor starts the procedure of tooth extraction, he will certainly produce local anesthesia to the patient - he will anesthetize the gums and nerves of the patient's tooth with the help of an anesthetic injection. Before an injection, highly skilled doctors usually treat the injection site with a so-called ice-spray spray. This is necessary to reduce pain. Ledocoin spray rather effectively reduces the sensitivity of the gums, thereby reducing the painful sensations from the injection itself to a minimum.
Local anesthesia is used for anesthesia.
Tooth extraction: process peculiarity
Be prepared for the fact that during the procedure you will feel strong pressure, because the doctor will use his physical strength.
The fact is that the root of the tooth is pretty tightly located in the bone hole. In order to extract a bad tooth, the dentist needs to maximize this hole. Due to the fact that the jaw bone is characterized by the ability to shrink well, the doctor widens the hole, shaking the tooth forward / backward. These actions make the patient feel significant pressure from the doctor. But you should not strain and be afraid, after this there will be no feeling of pain. Anesthesia, used to anesthetize all dental procedures, completely blocks all nerve endings that are directly responsible for pain, but at the same time, such anesthesia has virtually no effect on those nerve endings that are responsible for feeling pressure. Accordingly, during the procedure of tooth extraction, which is performed under anesthesia, the person does not feel pain, but only feels pressure.
If you suddenly (this is unlikely), suddenly feel even the slightest painful sensation, immediately inform your doctor. The doctor, in this case, introduces an additional volume of anesthetic substance into the tooth extraction zone - it will completely block the nerve endings.
Know that taking any analgesic drugs, such as "Baralgin" or "Ketones", which people drink quite a bit to eliminate pain in the tooth, can reduce the effectiveness of anesthesia. Therefore, try approximately 12 hours before the tooth extraction procedure not to take any drugs. In the event that you still took an analgesic drug, be sure to notify your doctor.
Wisdom tooth extraction
The removal of such teeth is often accompanied by certain difficulties, primarily due to the inconvenient access to them and the presence of anatomically important formations near the wisdom teeth (any damage to them during the extraction is simply not acceptable). A dense and strong bone tissue, which is surrounded by wisdom teeth, and often found curves of the roots, also greatly complicate the procedure. And we are not talking about various cases of tooth tilt, which are combined with its incomplete eruption (or even retention).
Wisdom teeth rarely save
There is another indication for the removal of wisdom teeth - their rapid and severe destruction. As a rule, the doctor warns that investing a lot of money in the treatment / preservation of such teeth is impractical. After all, in the future, we will need to install a pin, a seal or manufacture a tab, and a special crown coating. Of course, the removal of a wisdom tooth is advisory in nature, and if the patient is against it, then the removal is not carried out.
Indications for the preservation of the wisdom tooth:
- the correct location (when nothing absolutely interferes with the tooth, and it cuts through normally),
- in cases where the wisdom tooth has no carious lesions, and nothing will interfere with its further cure,
- if the wisdom tooth is necessary for the patient as the only support for reliable prosthetics and the tooth tilt / displacement is not so significant as to remove it.
1. Excision of the tooth into fragments.
The tooth is excised with special tools into small fragments - the doctor extracts them alternately using medical forceps. Most people, having learned that the doctor is going to do this tooth extraction, get rid of the rhinestone.In fact, you should not be afraid of this at all - the procedure is absolutely painless and allows the doctor to remove a tooth much faster and easier and also avoids many complications.
1. If bleeding from the well has begun.
As a rule, bleeding should stop after the removal of the tooth in about half an hour. Earlier in this article we mentioned that the doctor places a sterile cotton swab on the hole, and his patient must be clamped tightly for an hour. But in some cases the bleeding lasts several hours longer. In this case, you may need a sterile bandage - you need to completely cut off a small piece with washed hands, form a tampon from it and repeat the procedure. But, if the bleeding continues for more than two to three hours, you should immediately seek medical help from a doctor.
2. Formation in the hole of a blood clot.
Experts claim that such a clot after the procedure of tooth extraction is actually necessary for further successful healing of the wound. Therefore, do not worry. It is important to observe the following list of rules in order to prevent the destruction and removal of a blood clot:
- Smoking and drinking beverages through a straw often leads to a certain displacement of a blood clot. This is explained by the fact that during smoking and drinking a vacuum is created in the mouth, which, in turn, causes a clot to move,
- do not caress your mouth and try not to spit saliva in the first day after tooth extraction,
- do not drink hot liquids (tea, coffee) and do not eat hot food (for example, soups / borscht) - this can lead to the dissolution of the blood clot formed,
3. If there is swelling.
In case the cheek is swollen after the removal of the tooth, this is normal, as this sometimes happens. It is believed that the more difficult the removal procedure is, the higher the likelihood of swelling of soft tissues adjacent to the extracted tooth will appear. In order to remove such a tumor, doctors usually advise patients to put a lek on their cheek for about ten minutes (this should be done every hour). This procedure should be continued until the swelling disappears. Just do not in any case attach the ice to the gum itself - this can lead to infectious inflammation, since pathogenic microorganisms may get into the wound.
Extraction of the tooth, as a complete surgical intervention
Extraction of a tooth is a surgical operation, no less complicated than all the others. It requires serious preparation, antiseptic treatment, anesthesia, and the skill of a doctor. Like all other surgeries, tooth extraction has unpleasant consequences for the body, because it is stressful for it.
Today, dentistry is so developed that you can save almost any destroyed tooth, and its removal is an emergency measure.
Extraction is carried out in the following cases:
- neglected caries or pulpitis, threatening the development of sepsis, or blood infection,
- dysplasia of wisdom tooth traumatizing soft tissue,
- the cavity formed in the root area,
- destruction of the crown to the extent that its preservation is not possible.
A problem with one tooth can provoke an infection in the oral cavity that threatens not only bad breath and destruction of others. In the future, it can cause such diseases:
What is dangerous about tooth extraction during critical days?
If possible, to pull out a tooth during menstruation should not be, and it is desirable to postpone the removal of at least a few days, until the end of the monthly period. This is due to several reasons:
- the increased content of prostaglandin hormones reduces the pain threshold, which can lead to fainting,
- changes in hormonal levels can provoke an unpredictable reaction to anesthesia and antiseptics, even if they are familiar to the patient,
- a weakened immune system is not able to withstand a bacterial attack on an open wound, which can cause inflammation,
- Anticoagulants produced by the body during menstruation reduce blood clotting, which can lead to increased bleeding.
The above reasons are also the reason for the transfer and other dental procedures, including the installation of prostheses, implants and crowns.
When you can not tolerate
But there are cases when it is necessary to remove a tooth here and now, regardless of the period of menstruation and other circumstances, since the delay can cause serious damage to the body. These cases include:
- acute toothache that cannot be tolerated, since painful shock can disrupt the nervous and cardiovascular systems,
- an increase in temperature, which signals the beginning of the inflammatory process,
- toothache, accompanied by pain in the ear,
- flux and other types of tissue hyperemia,
- bleeding gums,
- an abscess in the gum that can make the infection in the bloodstream and provoke infection.
Since all of these factors provoke a significantly greater number of risks to the health of a woman than menstruating, tooth extraction is shown without fail.
If the planned extraction of the tooth fell on the period of menstruation, you should think that the delay of this operation for a long time can lead to much worse consequences than just discomfort.
Each organism is individual, each woman in her own way endures menstruation. If this period does not cause any particular problems, does not bring strong pain, the extraction of the tooth can be fully afforded, of course, provided that the doctor is aware of the patient's condition.
Since medicine has many methods for anesthesia, antiseptics and stopping blood, a qualified doctor will extract the tooth without unpleasant consequences even during the period when the patient has menstruation.
Contraindications to dental procedures
In the event that a woman suffers from menstruation, and the condition of the diseased tooth is not critical, it makes sense to postpone the operation to remove it for several days.
There are a number of factors that aggravate the flow of menstruation, in which it is impossible to remove a tooth in any case, since one can provoke heavy bleeding and other unpleasant consequences:
- tendency to lower blood pressure
- severe abdominal pain,
- heavy bleeding,
- nausea and dizziness during critical days.
In the cases presented above, the patient can be very difficult to postpone the removal, so it is worth refusing for a few days.
Safety rules - know and remind your doctor
In the event that, despite the menstruation, it was decided to tear the teeth, the dentist is obliged to warn the woman about the possible risks and give clear instructions.
The doctor himself must, before the operation, inject the patient a drug that improves blood coagulation, and also prescribe his reception after the operation.
After the extraction, the dentist is obliged to leave the patient in the clinic to monitor her condition, to measure her blood pressure.
The patient herself a few days before the operation should adhere to the following rules:
- stop smoking
- eliminate coffee from the diet,
- avoid overcooling and overheating,
- reduce physical activity.
After the operation, it is necessary to avoid drafts, if possible you should get to the house quickly. On the day of surgery, it is necessary to reduce physical exertion to zero, take time to rinse prescribed by a doctor.
If the hole bleeds, you should attach a sterile cotton swab to it.
Word to girls
What do the girls who are faced with such a difficult situation in practice think?
I somehow went to treat a tooth in the first days of menstruation, they gave me an injection and began to cut the gum. I almost fainted.
It seems to me that there are no contraindications for removing a tooth during critical days. But during menstruation, the woman feels sharper. And this is unpleasant, especially when you start to cut and "pick".
Extraction is an extremely serious procedure, and each individual case is individual, so the decision on whether a tooth can be removed during menstruation should be entrusted to a qualified specialist.
A stable, non-disturbed menstrual cycle in a woman is considered to be a very good sign. At the same time, not everyone feels great and leads an active life. As a rule, during menstruation there is a depressed state, and abdominal pain occurs. Many in this period experience not only severe headaches, but even nausea, accompanied by vomiting.
At this time, immunity decreases, which negatively affects the general state of health, and the body becomes more susceptible to viral and catarrhal diseases. Hormonal surge during menstruation contributes to the appearance of weakness and feeling unwell. Many women who suffer from this period can not do without strong pain medicine.
The female body suffers significant difficulties and overloads:
- due to increased sensitivity, every pain is perceived many times stronger,
- drowsiness appears, resulting in fatigue,
- Breasts tense up
- excessive bleeding causes a drop in blood pressure,
- blood clotting is reduced.
All this is reflected in the well-being of women, and often during this period they lose the ability not only to do household work, but they cannot even go to work.
Routine of life
In this important period for the female, it is necessary to adhere to all the rules of behavior recommended by doctors to avoid negative consequences. Distinguish certain actions that need to be postponed before the end of the menstrual cycle:
- Exercise stress. Under it is meant not only the lifting of heavy objects, but also long-distance running, cycling, fitness classes and dancing, which can cause severe bleeding.
Bathing, visiting a bath or sauna, swimming in the pool.
During menstruation, the cervix opens slightly wider, thereby providing the path to the body for all varieties of bacteria that cause inflammatory diseases. This problem cannot be solved with the help of tampons, since their immediate purpose is to protect against the flow of secreted blood. They will not be able to create obstacles to microorganisms penetrating into the vagina. The high temperature of air and water entails increased blood tide to the pelvic organs, and, consequently, increased secretions.
- Alcohol and spicy food. Alcohol increases the pressure, which leads to increased bleeding and deterioration of the general condition. Many women have problems with their stools during their menstrual periods, nausea, and increased gas in the intestines. Spicy foods, eggs, milk, raw vegetables, carbonated drinks, as well as strong tea and coffee can exacerbate this condition.
- Vaginal sex, leading to a rush of blood to the vagina, and hence an increase in the intensity of discharge.
- Taking medication without a doctor's prescription. It is always dangerous to health, but during the period of the menstrual cycle certain drugs make the blood thinner, which increases the duration of the process. For example, after taking aspirin, menstruation can last more than a week.
- Hypothermiapossibly passing without consequences on ordinary days, with critical days it can lead to an inflammatory disease of the urinary or reproductive system.
- Cosmetic procedures and surgeries. As a result of changes in the hormonal background, a rash appears on the skin. A low blood clotting can create an emergency situation during the operation.
Self-relief from toothache
If there is no urgent need for a visit to the dentist or there is no opportunity to get to him in the near future, you can try to relieve a toothache at home. To do this, use painkillers having previously studied the instructions and making sure there are no contraindications. In addition to medicines, you can resort to popular methods.
Most popular in this case soda solution. For this, a teaspoon is added to a glass of boiled water. soda with the same amount salt. Components are stirred until complete dissolution, and a diseased tooth processed every two hours, until the pain stops.
To eliminate pain, you can resort to the help of herbal teas, for example, chamomile, calendula, sage or hypericum. In this case, a tablespoon of herbs is brewed in a glass of boiling water and is well infused. Before rinsing warm extract should be drained.
Pain sensations are also removed Essential Oil of Fir or Clovea cotton swab soaked in and applied to a troublesome tooth.
For rinsing perfect decoction of calamus root, a tablespoon of which is mixed with one glass of water. The resulting mixture for some time kept in a water bath, and then infused and filtered.
One of the most famous methods is considered to be propolis, has antiseptic properties.
Bee glue is able to seal small holes in the teeth and eliminate germs in the mouth, in addition, it is able to stop the inflammatory process.
In addition to physical pain and discomfort, during critical days each woman develops an imbalance, unreasonable whims, vulnerability and heightened sensitivity. She takes even the slightest remark to her heart and can cry at any moment.
This behavior is due to the following reasons:
- The process of the menstrual cycle occurs with the participation of the brain and the central nervous system; during this period, the woman's body becomes more vulnerable and sensitive. Too impressionable women may experience dizziness and subsequent syncope in the dentist’s office. Therefore, the treatment and removal of teeth during this period by doctors is far from welcome.
- The expansion of the blood vessels, allowing blood to leave the uterus faster, disrupts blood clotting. The abundant bleeding provoked by him in the process of tooth extraction or in case of accidental gum damage may lead to a serious complication. This is the main reason why it is necessary to postpone a visit to the dentist on critical days.
- Loss by the body along with the blood of a considerable amount of nutrient minerals, compounds and vitamins leads to its weakening and reduced immunity. Even a minor cut on the gum can trigger blood poisoning and the development of various bacteria. It is best to soothe the annoying tooth and move the trip to the dentist, tooth extraction during the menstrual cycle should be supported by good reasons.
- Strong susceptibility to pain these days. Despite the fact that during the removal of the tooth used strong drugs for anesthesia, even from the injection can occur dizziness with loss of consciousness.
Contrary to acceptable risk, in some cases it is not recommended to postpone the visit to the dentist.
You can not do without medical care in the following circumstances:
- the presence of acute toothache,
- an abscess on the gum or inside the tooth,
- swelling on soft tissue
- abundant bleeding gums
- estimated flux
- cyst formation.
In addition, it does not make sense to refrain from visiting the clinic, if the coupon at the reception went with great difficulty, in the coming days there will be a long trip, a trip or other events that impede the visit to the doctor.
Before the procedure, you must inform the dentist about the menstrual cycle in order for it to correctly pick up the drugs.
In certain cases, the treatment is not carried out completely, but only the discomfort-creating symptoms are eliminated. For example, a doctor with a sharp pain or inflammatory process, the doctor performs a high-quality cleaning, puts medicine and puts a temporary filling. Full treatment in the form of canal cleansing, nerve removal and other serious procedures is postponed to days after the end of menstruation.
Safe procedures for health
Each dental treatment process has its own characteristics, which means that on critical days some of them are allowed to be carried out without fear of complications.
During this period, physical discomfort for women is allowed:
- To put fillings on teeth and treat tooth decay, especially if there is no severe bone damage. Because of the increased sensitivity, anesthesia is recommended in this case.
- To do x-rays, as an instantaneous flash of waves does not adversely affect the organs of the body.
- Carry out prosthetics
- at the preparatory stages, for example, fitting, taking impressions, fitting and adjusting, working with the finished prosthesis. The installation of the pins is best postponed to the next days after the end of the cycle because of the probability of rejection of a foreign body.
- Проводить профессиональную чистку, потому как здесь исключается травмирование мягких тканей, и эта процедура проходит абсолютно безболезненно.
- Attend remineralization procedures that require regularity to achieve the effect, otherwise the result obtained earlier will be reduced to zero.
Many patients share the fact that dental procedures on critical days did not cause any negative consequences for them. But there are a lot of reviews that you need to listen and postpone for a while visiting the clinic.
Mandatory Security Rules
If during menstruation the removal and treatment of teeth is inevitable, it is necessary to follow certain rules in order to minimize all possible risks. Fulfillment of these conditions will not cause much difficulty, since they are quite simple:
- avoiding smoking and alcohol before and after the dental procedure,
- elimination of self-medication without emergency,
- restraining oneself from eating food and a large volume of liquid, in order to avoid gag reflex,
- preventing hypothermia or overheating, including a visit to the bath, sauna, and taking hot baths and showers at home,
- a temporary break in sports and exercise
- strict compliance with all recommendations of the doctor for the care of the oral cavity after dental procedures.
It is not recommended to leave the clinic as soon as the tooth has been removed, it is advisable to spend a certain time in it until the blood thickens.
Upon arrival home you should avoid all sorts of factors that contribute to the increase in pressure and the opening of the bleeding. You also can not touch the place of the extracted tooth and remove food particles from it with a toothpick. In case of weakness, bleeding or fainting, it is necessary to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
When to complete the procedure
Although modern medicine can cure almost any tooth, there are situations when only its removal is possible.
If the treatment of teeth can take a break for several days due to menstruation, then with the question of tooth extraction, things are not so clear. Many simply decide to suffer and postpone the necessary procedure due to the onset of menstruation. Not always such a decision is justified.
Definitely, there is no need to postpone anything if the doctor himself prescribed the tooth extraction procedure. You can transfer the painful procedure if you yourself have gathered to do it on your own, but if the dentist has appointed the time and place, then you should not postpone it. Of course, if the doctor said to come next month to remove the tooth, then you can wait out your period.
There are situations when there is no point in dragging the procedure and it is even dangerous. Tooth extraction during menstruation may be necessary in order to protect adjacent teeth from destruction.
Dental problems that prevent you from drinking, eating or sleeping properly should be eliminated immediately, despite the menstrual cycle..
There are a number of situations where menstruation is not a reason to postpone a tooth extraction procedure.
- A cyst formed on the roots.
- There is no opportunity to engage in the restoration of damaged teeth.
- Caries or pulpitis in acute form.
- A purulent abscess has begun.
- The removal of a wisdom tooth during menstruation is recommended when it causes inflammation and cannot be cured.
- There is an inflamed periodontitis.
If you do not clean up your mouth in time, then soon the troubles will begin to be transferred to other parts of the body. Heart and skin problems can be caused by neglect of the mouth. It is believed that sore teeth increase the risk of sepsis, otitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis, rhinitis and sinusitis.
When you can no longer tolerate
We have described above situations in which the doctor decides whether it is possible to tear teeth during menstruation. The dentist determines the presence of abscesses, inflammations, etc. However, there are a number of situations where the need for tooth extraction becomes clear even without visiting the dentist:
- ear pain accompanies toothache,
- acute pain is so unbearable that it can only be suppressed with painkillers,
- gums started to bleed
- toothache is accompanied by increased body temperature,
- purulent discharge in the gum area.
It is not always necessary to remove a tooth during menstruation if the problems described above occur. However, with them, at least, you need to turn to a dentist, not waiting for the end of menstruation. These are factors whose danger may exceed the risks from tooth extraction on critical days.
Possible undesirable effects
You can pretend that the extraction of the tooth is something simple, but we are talking about the actual surgery itself. It does not get any easier because the patient is in the chair all the time. Here a lot depends on the skill of the doctor and his proper preparation.
In addition to increased stress, there are a number of other factors that indicate why you can not extract teeth during menstruation:
- severe pain after extraction. The pain threshold in women falls during menstruation due to an increase in the level of prostaglandin hormones in the blood. If the lingering pain in the lower abdomen seemed painful, then the sensations after tooth extraction will be painful,
- hormones during menstruation change so much that it is difficult to predict how anesthesia will work. It can work badly, and giving higher doses is life threatening. As a result, pain may become unbearable,
- severe bleeding may occur during surgery. It will be extremely difficult to stop it because of the active production of anticoagulants during menstruation. Because of them, blood clotting is reduced, which leads to increased bleeding. A professional is required to clarify a blood clotting question before the procedure.,
- You can pull out a tooth during menstruation, and then suffer from the inflammatory process. During this period, the immunity of the girl is weakened, so that the open wound is not protected from bacterial attacks.
You can avoid the consequences if you postpone the procedure at the end of the month. A normal dentist will always ask about the presence of menstruation or pregnancy, and then decide on the urgency of surgery.
It is necessary to know not only about those situations when it is necessary to pull out a tooth, despite monthly, but also about possible contraindications for this procedure. It is clear that if we are not talking about a critical situation, then it is better to postpone everything until after the end of the month.
The menstrual cycle is different for all girls, so you need to look at the aggravating factors. Sometimes the periods appear in such a form that it is better to wait them out.
- The stomach hurts very much (you have to drink painkillers).
- Copious bleeding.
- Drop in blood pressure.
- Nausea or dizziness.
For any of these factors, the answer to the question of whether teeth can be torn during menstruation will be negative.
It will be extremely difficult to transfer the procedure with similar symptoms during menstruation. Therefore, the removal of the tooth is postponed for several days, until the menstruation does not go along with its symptoms.
What to do before and after surgery
Given the menstrual cycle, you must properly prepare for pulling out a tooth. It is clear that in some situations it will not be possible to prepare because of the need for urgent surgical intervention.
- Refusing alcohol will improve the condition of the blood.
- It is necessary to reduce the level of loads and the number of stressful situations.
- Give up coffee and smoking.
- Avoid overheating and overcooling.
Immediately before the procedure, the doctor will have to give special drugs that will increase blood clotting.
No need to pull the tooth during menstruation in anticipation of its removal. You can only make yourself worse by bringing infection there. You should not loosen it if it is already tottering, in the hope of wresting itself. This can lead to damage to the blood vessels and heavy bleeding, which is more difficult to stop during menstruation.
After the operation, all the same actions are performed as before. You also need to follow all the recommendations of the doctor. It may take some time under medical supervision. He must make sure that blood clotting is normal.
Normal well-being during menstruation suggests that tooth extraction will take place with minimal risk.
For any girl is extremely important personal hygiene, especially during menstruation. The most popular hygiene products during menstruation are already many […]
Menstruation is often accompanied by a wide variety of pains, but some of them do not fit into the understanding of the normal female cycle. Sore intestines in [...]
Every woman should anxiously follow everything that happens to her during the menstruation period. Pay attention not only to [...]
Almost a hundred years ago, the menstrual cup was invented, but it was only widely used in the 1980s. It […]