In order to recognize in time many diseases, the initial phase of which usually takes place in a latent form, regular fluorography cannot be dispensed with. All serious diseases, including pulmonary, cardiovascular, and endocrine, including cancer, which develop completely unnoticed, fall into this category, and if they are not detected in time and not stopped in time, the work can end very unpleasantly.
However, you should know how often you can visit the x-ray room for prophylactic purposes. This, in particular, depends on the nature of the alleged disease itself. For example, fluorography for tuberculosis is very important, and in order to prevent it, an x-ray should be taken in time, this is a very accessible and practically safe research.
In addition, there are rules by which a preventive medical examination to determine tuberculosis should be carried out at least once every two years.
To this it should be added that there are categories of people who should undergo this study more often according to epidemic requirements, for example, employees of maternity homes visit the x-ray room twice a year, people who are in close contact with a patient with tuberculosis. In addition, patients with chronic diseases, such as bronchial asthma, diabetes mellitus, peptic ulcer disease, HIV-infected, citizens who have been released from the ITU during the first two years twice a year should also undergo fluorography.
Outside the queue are examined patients with suspected tuberculosis, living with newborns or pregnant women, as well as draftees.
During the study, the person is undoubtedly subject to ionizing radiation, however, it affects only hundredths of a second. A similar dose of radiation can be obtained by sunbathing in the sun for about a week, even less.
Recently, modern digital technologies have been widely introduced, and the digital device detector has become much more sensitive, and this has made it possible to reduce the radiation dose by more than ten times, even with an improved image.
Naturally, there are contraindications to this study, for example, only by special indications are allowed to do fluorography for children under fifteen years of age. Fluorography is strictly prohibited for pregnant women.
However, for serious reasons, fluorography is allowed for women after thirty-six weeks of gestation, using special precautions. But in the first weeks, when only the organs of the child are laid, such studies are completely prohibited.
The maximum effect of radiation on cells that have the ability to divide. It is during the division that they are defenseless against the harm caused by external factors, including radiation. In the embryo, the cells of all organs constantly and actively divide, which distinguishes them from the cells of an adult. When a woman receives radiation in the first period of pregnancy, pregnancy is excluded. Therefore, experts recommend doing fluorography women during menstruation, to have
If a woman is pregnant and, without knowing it, undergoes a fluorographic examination, one can only hope that the center of radiation influence was at a considerable distance from the uterus. In any case, immediately after confirming the pregnancy, a special test should be taken to identify the pathologies and abnormalities of the fetus.
If there is an urgent need for a pregnant woman to undergo fluorography, it is carried out at the end of the second trimester, this period is not so dangerous for the child.
Nursing mothers can undergo fluorography on a common basis, this will not cause harm to the baby.
If you have not undergone any other research related to radiation in a year, fluorography itself is completely incapable of harming your body.
The best time to test
In fact, there is no reason to worry. On critical days, you can safely go for an examination. However, doctors still recommend doing it in the first half of the menstrual cycle, when the blood has already ceased to go, and ovulation has not yet come. This is due to the following factors:
- Possible pregnancy. If examined in the second half of the cycle, there can be no assurance that the fetus does not develop in the female body. And in the first days, even a tiny fraction of radiation can cause developmental complications and cause serious diseases.
- General weakness. Even if usually menstruation passes painlessly, fluorography can cause headache, increased bleeding, lethargy, irritability, pain in the abdomen, dizziness, fainting. This is easily explained by the radiation effect on the blood.
If a girl uses contraceptives, and the pregnancy is not included in her plans, and her hormonal system is normal, she can safely take X-rays during her period. However that may be, every woman makes her own decision. Menstruation is not an absolute contraindication.
Reason to postpone the procedure
Not every young lady boasts perfect health. Of course, when all is well, you can do fluorography during your period, but if your period is problematic, you should postpone the scheduled visit to the clinic. Doctors advise to refrain from examination in the following cases:
- Critical days are accompanied by severe pain, a woman suffers for 2–3 days and can relieve the condition only with strong painkillers.
- Abundant menstruation, in which blood flows in clots. The girl has to change tampons or pads often.
- Great weakness, when there is constant fatigue. The woman still falls out of the hands, she feels devastated and exhausted, it is difficult for her to do her usual household chores.
- Increased susceptibility, sleep problems, depressed state, migraines, tearfulness, apathy and other causes of a neurological nature.
Each of these symptoms is normal and can be observed in the absence of any failures. But still, if at least one of them is available, it is worthwhile to postpone fluorography. The road to the medical facility can cause fatigue, and radiation can worsen.
Girls who have a monthly period of abundance often suffer from anemia. This is an absolute contraindication for examination. During menstruation, even a small proportion of radiation can affect the composition of the blood, which is fraught with increased bleeding and anemia.
Girls who are under the age of fifteen should refrain from x-rays during critical days. This is due to the following reasons:
- Stress. In a teenage girl, the body has not yet been fully formed, and even a trifling procedure can cause stress. Being in a queue for a long time, a girl may experience unnecessary excitement. And the general atmosphere in a medical institution often has a depressing effect.
- Instability. In adolescence, menstruation is unsystematic, often hormonal disruptions occur. The girls at this time there are emotional bursts, unmotivated aggression.
Additional load can disrupt hormonal balance even more. When an examination needs to be done urgently, more benign methods are applied that do not affect the body.
Planning for pregnancy and the postpartum period
The egg cell that is suitable for fertilization at the end of menstruation moves from the ovaries. A lung examination done at this time can make the egg non-fertile or impair the development of the fetus, causing abnormalities. Therefore, planning a pregnancy, it is necessary to delay the fluorography for at least six months. This applies to all such procedures.
If less than half a year has passed since the birth of the baby, and the woman is going to do an X-ray during menstruation, you can delay the procedure. This solution will be correct for the following reasons:
- High level of stress. Pregnancy and childbearing is always perceived by the body as a certain load. The body needs to recover, and it takes time. As a rule, this process takes at least six months. So, it is best to postpone the examination of the lungs.
- Consequences of hormonal disruptions. When menstruation occurs, it indicates that the hormonal system is restored. However, the slightest intervention can lead to an imbalance, and then the body will be forced to start the recovery all over again.
- Lactation. During this period, you should also not undergo fluorography. During menstruation, you can affect the composition of breast milk.
It is better not to risk if there are any problems with the reproductive system. In this case, the survey is done only when absolutely necessary.
Under no circumstances should fluorography be postponed if tuberculosis or another lung disease is suspected. In this case, the sooner the research results are obtained, the sooner the necessary treatment will be initiated. The procedure is also carried out immediately in the following cases:
- The girl was in contact with a sick tuberculosis. If this person was diagnosed, be sure to be examined, as well as undergo special laboratory tests.
- A woman has to keep in touch with a person suffering from tuberculosis all the time. Perhaps it is a relative in need of constant care. Then fluorography will be the best prevention.
- An outbreak of tuberculosis was detected in the girl’s neighborhood. As a rule, in such cases, doctors insist on a survey of the entire population, and critical days can not be an obstacle.
The results of fluorography allow us to understand whether a woman suffers from tuberculosis. If the diagnosis is confirmed, it is immediately sent for treatment. Thus, this procedure allows you to detect diseases of internal organs before the manifestation of the first symptoms of the disease. If your period is painful, it is better to refrain from testing. But when there are grounds for suspicion of tuberculosis, fluorography is done as soon as possible, and critical days cannot become a hindrance.