From the moment puberty begins, vaginal secretions appear in girls. This is natural and suggests that changes occur in the body, due to which the ovaries and the uterus develop and begin to function. There are certain signs that make it possible to understand whether the organs of the reproductive system work normally or there are any violations. Pathology is, for example, the presence of a discharge of color or a strong odor. The reasons for which there are abundant discharge, often raise doubts. Sometimes only detailed examination will help to understand.
- Causes and symptoms of normal whiter
- Pathological discharge and their signs
- Diseases for which abundant leucorrhoea
- Inflammatory diseases
- Venereal diseases
- Non-inflammatory infectious diseases
- How to establish the cause of pathological secretions
- Features whiter during pregnancy and after childbirth
Causes and symptoms of normal whiter
Normal mucous secretions are formed as a result of constant renewal of epithelial cells of the mucous membranes of organs. The mucus is produced by the cervical glands, and the waste products of the microorganisms that make up the vaginal microflora and other physiological fluids are added to it. Their consistency and volume depend on the characteristics of the organism, age, and the physiological state of the woman.
The difference between normal and pathological secretions is that they do not cause discomfort and have no smell. They are transparent or white, with a faint yellowish or cream shade. Ovulation secretions may have minor blood impurities.
The appearance of heavy discharge is the norm in the following cases:
- Girls begin puberty. This happens at about 11-14 years. For 1-1.5 years before this mucous white discharge appears, which indicates a hormonal alteration in the body. In the cervix glands begin to function, producing a secretory fluid. Hormonal background is not formed immediately. Processes in the organs of the reproductive system also proceed unevenly, the amount of mucus produced fluctuates. Girl’s discharge during this period can be either insignificant in volume or abundant.
- The moment of ovulation, the release of a ripe egg from the protective sheath (follicle), is approaching. Ovulation occurs in the middle of the menstrual cycle. Abundant secretions facilitate the passage of sperm into the uterus for fertilization of the egg.
- Ends the second half of the cycle. At this time, the main role is played by progesterone, the hormone responsible for maintaining pregnancy after conception. Thanks to its effects, the cervical glands begin to intensively produce kissel-like mucus, which is necessary to facilitate the entry of the embryo into the uterus and attach it to the wall. If conception did not happen, then menstruation begins. Therefore, an increase in the volume of mucus before menstruation should not cause concern if it has a white (maybe slightly creamy) color and does not have an unpleasant odor.
- Leucorrhoea aggravated by sexual arousal.
- The cause of watery discharge from a woman is pregnancy
- Abundant menstruation may be. They are normal, if their volume does not exceed 80-100 ml, stop after a maximum of 5 days.
Pathological discharge and their signs
Pathological leucorrhoea may be a manifestation of diseases of the urogenital system associated with infection by infections, reproduction of conditionally pathogenic microorganisms. The cause of many diseases of the uterus and appendages is hormonal imbalance. It occurs in the body due to disruption of the endocrine system, the use of hormonal drugs, violation of physiological norms.
Diseases can be consequences of abortion, childbirth, operations on the reproductive organs. If abundant discharge is due to illness, they, as a rule, have an unpleasant odor, foamy or cheesy consistency, yellow or green color, contain blood impurities. They cause redness and swelling of the skin in the region of the external genital organs and perineum. Usually, this causes a burning sensation and itching in the vagina, urination becomes more frequent, and all this is accompanied by a sharp increase in the bladder.
Abundant secretions occur in inflammatory processes in the following organs:
- Colpitis (in the vaginal mucosa). The cause of the disease can be a violation of the composition of microflora and reproduction of conditionally pathogenic bacteria (staphylococci, streptococci). Non-observance of hygienic rules and frequent douching contribute to the growth of the number of harmful microbes against the background of the death of beneficial bacteria. Depending on the degree of tissue damage, women experience intense liquid or thick purulent discharges with a foul odor.
- Cervicitis (in the flat and cylindrical epithelium of the cervix). The leucorrhoea may have a pinkish color due to blood ingress from the damaged small vessels. This is especially noticeable after sexual intercourse. Before and after menstruation, a dark brown tint is obtained.
- Endometritis (in the mucous membrane of the uterine cavity - endometrium). Due to endometrial vascular damage, clots of clotted blood appear in the secretions. Brown discharge may appear 2 days before menstruation.
- Salpingitis (in the fallopian tubes). In the acute phase of the inflammatory process, the leucorrhoea is watery, has a green tinge, fetid odor.
- Oophoritis (in the ovaries). Acute inflammation is accompanied by copious, foul-smelling yellow secretions with impurities of pus and blood.
Inflammatory processes in the uterus and ovaries lead to the appearance of pain in the lower back and lower abdomen, fever, lead to irregular menstruation. Often they cause infertility or complications during pregnancy and childbirth.
They are characterized by abundant watery purulent discharge with a specific odor. They cause burning and itching in the vagina. It becomes painful urination. There are pains in the lower abdomen. Often these diseases occur together, masking each other. This complicates their treatment.
A warning: Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases will be effective only when both sexual partners are treated simultaneously.
Trichomoniasis. The discharge in this disease is foamy, intense, with a sharp unpleasant odor. Color - gray, with a yellow tinge.
Chlamydia. Observed mucopurulent discharge with a bad smell. Often in the initial stage proceeds covertly. But even in the absence of symptoms, the likelihood of infection is high.
Gonorrhea. Gonococci affect the cylindrical epithelium, located in the uterus, as well as the bladder, rectum, causing the appearance of cystitis, proctitis. There are purulent plentiful discharge of yellow color. There are pains in the lower abdomen and symptoms of damage to other organs of the small pelvis. There may be heavy bleeding between menstruation.
Non-inflammatory infectious diseases
Bacterial vaginosis. The death of beneficial lactobacilli causes increased reproduction of conditionally pathogenic bacteria that live in the body without showing themselves until they are in favorable conditions. The reason may be hormonal disorders, and diseases of the genital organs, radiation therapy, the use of antibiotics and other factors. A characteristic sign of dysbiosis - abundant, irritating the skin of the external genital organs discharge. They have a gray color and the smell of rotting fish.
In the treatment of vaginosis it is important to restore the balance of beneficial bacteria of the mucous genital organs of a woman. To do this, doctors prescribe not only drugs, but also means to normalize the vaginal microflora. Multi-Gin ActiGel, containing a complex of biologically active polysaccharides, which is obtained from a gel-like extract of aloe leaves, has proven itself well. It does not allow pathogenic microorganisms to consolidate on the mucous membrane of the genital organs, neutralizes them, thereby helping to restore the healthy vaginal microflora.
Candidiasis - A fungal disease known as thrush. It is characterized by abundant milky-white, cheesy discharge with a sour odor, causing severe itching and burning in the area of the vulva.
How to establish the cause of pathological secretions
By the nature of the discharge, you can make an assumption about the possible pathology:
- White cheesy with a sour smell are white with candidiasis,
- gray with the smell of fish, transparent, watery - with bacterial vaginosis,
- yellow - with trichomoniasis,
- bleeding may occur in the presence of an intrauterine device, as well as endometriosis, erosion or cervical cancer,
- purulent - occur with genital infections.
If a woman has a suspicious abundant discharge, she should be examined, pass a smear for analysis on the microflora. Complete blood count will confirm the presence of inflammation. Special blood tests (PCR, ELISA) can detect hidden infections. Ultrasound, colposcopy and X-rays are used to detect pathological changes in the tissues of organs.
A warning: Treatment must appoint a doctor. You can not delay time and deal with illnesses with home remedies. Diseases can become chronic and dangerous.
Features whiter during pregnancy and after childbirth
During pregnancy there is a significant hormonal adjustment in connection with the preparation of the body for childbirth. The walls of the uterus and vagina become softer and more elastic, produce more mucus to facilitate the passage of the fetus through the birth canal. Therefore, an increase in the volume of white, almost transparent secretions is normal. At the beginning of pregnancy, they are thicker, from the second trimester they are more and more thin. In the last weeks, amniotic fluid may begin to leak, indicating an approaching birth.
In addition to normal liquid secretions in pregnant women, pathological conditions may appear, which are dangerous to ignore. These include the symptoms of thrush, vaginal dysbiosis, inflammatory diseases, genital infections. The doctor prescribes safe medications in order to save a woman from such pathologies and prevent infection of the fetus.
Spotting occurs when cervical erosion. They can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy, if they are accompanied by pain on one side of the abdomen (where the fetus was fixed). Such secretions appear when placenta detachment, the threat of miscarriage. To maintain pregnancy, bed rest and timely treatment are necessary.
After childbirth, a woman has lochia, discharge associated with uterine cleansing. In the first days they are intense, reminiscent of heavy periods with remnants of the placenta and epithelium. Gradually their volume decreases, only yellowish mucus remains in them. After 1.5 months, the selection takes the usual form.
Abundant clear discharge from women
Abundant transparent discharge from women, who in modern reality so often cause the appearance of questions and excitement in women at different periods of life, are not every time signals about pathogenesis in the urinary system in women.
Moreover, these conditions often do not require drug therapy.
However, in the event of various impurities and inclusions in the composition of the discharge, an unusual strange smell, as well as a lack of comfort in the projection of the external genitalia, a woman should immediately contact the appropriate specialist for consultation and, if necessary, undergo a course of therapy.
From the point of view of human physiology and morphology, the presence of discharge in young girls or adult women is a variant of the norm.
One of the most common causes of the occurrence and formation of discharge in the vagina is a change in the phases of the menstrual ("lunar") cycle, and at the same time, the activity of various hormones in a woman. Transparent abundant secretions in women are basically fluid or, as it is also called transudate, with inclusions from microscopic organisms, cellular fragments, mucus-like formations, as well as the secretion of Bartholin and sweat glands.
The reason for the appearance of abundant transparent discharge in women without odor
The appearance of colorless, clear mucous secretions in a volume of up to 4 ml., Without a foul odor indicates a physiological process. Also the most important marker for the absence of pathological changes is painlessness, body normothermia (36.
6 C with axillary measurement), clean skin in the genital area. In this case, the use of any therapy is inappropriate. These characteristics can vary from stage to stage of the menstrual cycle.
So, for example, at the very beginning of the cycle there are water-like discharges without admixtures of protein compounds and fibrin. Whitish protein inclusions appear during ovulation, which gives a viscosity to the secretions.
Thus, the abundant transparent discharge from women without odor is considered as a variant of the human norm and does not require medical advice or any therapy.
The reason for the appearance of abundant transparent discharge in women with the smell
The occurrence of fetid, unpleasant odor, as well as itching and discomfort during urination indicates the onset of pathological changes in the urinary system of girls and women (in girls, this type of discharge only appears during puberty). The reason for the change in vaginal discharge can be:
1) mistakenly chosen means of intimate hygiene, which leads to changes in the pH of the vagina and leads to an increased formation of secretion of the mucous membrane,
2) the presence of allergies to detergents,
3) the presence of foreign bodies in the vagina or on the genital lips (a piece of toilet paper),
4) non-compliance with intimate hygiene,
6) venereal diseases, etc.
Also abundant transparent discharge with a smell from the vagina is one of the symptoms of urogenital diseases, sexually transmitted and contact ways. The most famous and common are:
• Urogenital trichomoniasis, the causative agent of which is Trichomonas vaginal microorganism, sexually transmitted or by contact (using common means of intimate hygiene).
This pathology has characteristic manifestations, such as abundant and thick discharge, sometimes like foam with a foul odor of rotten fish products.
If you miss the very onset of the disease, the discharge changes its color and from a transparent becomes yellowish or whitish.
The next symptom is a sudden or gradual discomfort in the external genitalia during urination, coitus, or during sports. Discomfort may be accompanied by a rash on the genitals, which causes redness and even bruising due to constant scratching in the region of the labia majora.
• Urogenital candidiasis or thrush in the common people - infection of the genital organs by the fungal family of the genus Candida.
For this pathology, the main characteristic is a long latent course with the appearance of a multitude of colorless secretions with mucous inclusions, which in its form and character vaguely resembles a cheesy consistency.
There is a sour appearance (due to a change in the pH of the vagina), sometimes a strong odor, which, combined with itching during active exercise and a whitish rash in the genital area, complement the typical picture of the disease. The peak of pain occurs at night.
Discharge in women with an unpleasant smell: causes and treatment
How many women are in trouble in the intimate zone, the feeling of moisture. There are problems in sex, it becomes impossible to visit the pool and gym. Women appear complexes and restrictions.
They cease to enjoy the holidays, do not go to theaters and parties. There is a threat to relationships with his beloved man. Meanwhile, discharge from women with an unpleasant odor are symptoms of diseases that can be treated.
It is necessary to see the gynecologist in time, undergo an examination, find out the causes and solve these problems.
The female vagina has its own microflora, which has no sharp smell. An alarm should be sounded if he suddenly changed. Unpleasant smell in an intimate place appears for various reasons. It may be:
- bacterial vaginosis: appears due to the sharp growth of its own microorganisms,
- thrush: caused by the rapid reproduction of fungi,
- trichomoniasis: an infection that is transmitted during intercourse,
- inflammation of the vaginal mucosa,
- hormonal disorders,
- vaginal cancer, cervix,
- contraceptive use
- bad daily hygiene.
The female body is individual, specific and vaginal discharge. Many factors affect their number, color: age, medication, health problems, pregnancy. Здоровой нормой считаются выделения:
- кремовые, белые: после секса с презервативом,
- обильные, жидкие: наутро, если ночью совершен незащищенный половой акт,
- transparent, white: immediately after sex without protection,
- light, milk-colored, viscous: during pregnancy,
- pink malt: after childbirth, cesarean section,
- brown: in the first months from the start of taking contraceptives.
Among the normal include discharge associated with menstruation:
- transparent, mucous membranes - in the middle of the menstrual cycle, before ovulation.
- minor, jelly - in the second part of the cycle.
- creamy, abundant - at the end of menstruation.
- scarlet, with blood - during menstruation.
- dark or brown - for two days after menstruation.
Do not worry if you have vaginal discharge when they:
- in the form of clear mucus,
- do not have a pronounced smell,
- thick consistency
- in a small amount
- not accompanied by lower abdominal pain,
- do not irritate the mucous membrane,
- do not lead to genital itching,
- Do not cause a temperature rise.
What diseases indicate discharge with an unpleasant smell
If unpleasant smells appear in the intimate area, a visit to the doctor is urgently needed, as these are symptoms of diseases with serious consequences. If the diagnosis is made on time, then the doctor will prescribe the correct treatment leading to recovery. What diseases are we talking about? Among them:
- delay, menstrual disorders,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- obstruction of pipes
One of the common - dysbiosis of the vagina, or gardnerellosis. It is characterized by a strong smell of fish, itching, burning and the appearance of viscous mucus of a greenish-yellow hue. For the treatment using gels, creams, tablets.
Fungal candidiasis, or thrush, is characterized by symptoms. These are cottage cheese sweets with onion, garlic or sometimes they smell sour kefir. There is a disease with an ammonia odor. It is enhanced during intercourse.
Both partners are treated by taking antifungal drugs.
What else can be problems with similar symptoms:
- Colpitis - inflammation of the vaginal mucosa, has different forms and symptoms of the disease. Often there is discomfort during sex, cutting pains, increased secretions in the form of mucus and pus, impaired urination. For the treatment of used candles, gels and antibiotics in the form of tablets.
- Postpartum copious discharge with a specific putrid odor indicates the appearance of inflammation. These symptoms are closely watched by doctors in the hospital.
- Abundant clear discharge from women, if they are colorless, may indicate inflammation of the appendages, diseases of the cervix. It is worth visiting a doctor to establish an accurate diagnosis.
- Very often, the cause of unpleasant odors in the intimate area are venereal diseases. These include chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis. All of them can have serious consequences. However, if a venereologist is treated in time, the disease will recede.
If white with a smell appears in the intimate area, it is a sign of the disease of thrush. Often they are in the form of a film or look like cottage cheese. This disease occurs in those women who do not live sexually. Sometimes white discharge with the smell of fish appears when bacterial vaginosis. In order to properly prescribe treatment, the gynecologist must take a smear.
If white discharge is caused by bacterial vaginosis, doctors recommend remedies that normalize the composition of the vaginal microflora in addition to drugs.
For example, Multi-Gene ActiGel: its active part is a complex of bioactive polysaccharides obtained from a gel extract of aloe leaves.
It blocks the attachment of pathogenic microorganisms to the vaginal mucosa and, thus, neutralizes them, helping to restore the healthy microflora of the female reproductive system.
Discharges having a yellow color signal infection in the vagina or uterus. If they are thick, yellow-green, then the pathogen is gonococcus. The disease is accompanied by itching and unpleasant burning in the genital area.
If such symptoms appear after sex without protection, it is urgent to see a doctor. Genital infections, such as trichomoniasis, also have a foamy structure.
At occurrence of purulent diseases, the appearance of yellow discharge is accompanied by an increase in the number of leukocytes in the blood.
If a woman has an abortion or has had a difficult birth, there is a risk of inflammation caused by staphylococci, streptococci - endometritis and adnexitis. Their symptoms are yellow discharge.
When thrush characteristic sour smell, the texture of cottage cheese. When a woman has yellow discharge between menstruation, this indicates the likelihood of inflammation in the fallopian tubes or ovaries.
The process is accompanied by severe pain in the abdomen.
One of the main reasons for the appearance of such secretions are inflammation of the organs responsible for reproduction: the ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina.
Most often, these diseases are transmitted during sex, are associated with a decrease in immunity, poor ecology, failure to comply with intimate hygiene. The color and nature of purulent discharge depends on the type of infection that led to inflammation.
They are thick and white-yellow with purulent vaginitis. When Trichomonas - greenish-yellow, in the form of foam.
In the female body, in the microflora of the vagina is constantly a fungus of the genus Candida, which helps to maintain constant acidity.
When its amount increases dramatically, a thrush disease occurs, which is accompanied by a cheesy discharge. In addition, there are sleep disorders, burning and itching, urine painfully leaves.
White bloom appears in the vagina. There are several reasons for this disease:
- reduced immunity
- environmental impact
- hormonal disruptions
- use of linen from synthetics.
If a woman, except for thrush, is diagnosed with erosion of the cervix, the cheesy discharge becomes pink because fresh blood is released.
Another thing, when incidentally occur hormonal disorders. Appears brown due to impurities of coagulated blood. Cheesy green secretions are formed with genital purulent infections.
Look at the photo. It looks like white discharge in thrush.
Foamy and thick
Foamy, thick discharge indicates the body's response to trichomoniasis. Men do not get sick with this disease, but become carriers of it during intercourse. Sometimes it arises because of elementary non-compliance with the rules of hygiene. Accompanied by severe pain from the bottom of the abdomen, burning, frequent urination. It is treated with special preparations.
Bloody: red or brown
The color of these secretions is due to the presence of blood in their composition. Before menstruation, brown secretions signal the beginning of endometriosis, hormonal disorders.
In the middle of the cycle, they are signs of polycystic ovary syndrome, which causes infertility. In the last days of menstruation can become dark brown, sometimes black, with blood clots. This suggests the possibility of chlamydia and herpes.
Brown discharge after menstruation signals the threat of ectopic pregnancy.
Highlight red or scarlet talk about cervical erosion, if they started a few days before menstruation. During pregnancy - signaling placental abruption. There is a threat of termination of pregnancy. If discharge occurs after intercourse, it signals that a woman has microcracks in the vagina or cervical erosion.
Which doctor to contact
Depending on the symptoms of the disease, in which there is an unpleasant smell from the vagina, you should contact different specialists. If itching, watery mucous discharge, burning, associated with sexual intercourse, you should visit a venereologist.
He will also help with purulent discharge from the vagina, which is accompanied by abundant urination. The doctor will prescribe tests if you suspect that you have contracted sexually transmitted diseases after sexual intercourse without protection.
Based on the results of the examination, treatment is prescribed.
You should visit the Department of Gynecology and in other cases. Discharge in women with unpleasant odors is often associated with physiological processes occurring in the body.
Violations of the menstrual cycle, inflammatory processes in the uterus and vagina, the presence of tumors, complications during pregnancy are the reason for visiting the gynecologist.
Only he, having done all the tests, will determine the cause of the disease and prescribe the correct treatment.
: how to treat discharge with the smell of rotten fish
Watch the video, and you will understand the reasons for the discharge of women with unpleasant odors. Specify whether it is dangerous for health, and how to behave in such a situation.
In the video you will receive information from well-known specialists in the field of medicine.
You will learn why it is important to consult a doctor in time to conduct an examination and get rid of a disease that smells of fish from the intimate zone.
The information presented in the article is for informational purposes only. Article materials do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can diagnose and advise on treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.
Yellow discharge from women, if yellow discharge is present with odor and odorless
Normally, vaginal discharges are represented as transudate (fluid bleeding from lymphatic and blood vessels under the epithelium).
It is mixed with mucous secretions secreted from the glandular cells of the body and cervix, as well as from the glands of the vestibule of the vagina.
However, the composition of normal secretions includes constantly updated epithelial cells, bacterial, predominantly sour milk flora and a small number of white blood cells.
The quantity and qualitative composition of vaginal secretions depends on the general state of the female body, cyclic hormonal activity of the ovaries and psychogenic factors.
Normally, the vaginal secret is transparent or whitish, which is why it is called Beli. However, sometimes in some women, the discharge acquires a yellow color of varying intensity.
Why is this happening, and what can such a state signal?
When the yellow highlights are not abnormal?
In the case when the discharge becomes yellow, but does not cause discomfort, and also does not smell, then, most likely, they should be attributed to normal.
The fact is that the cause of this condition can be a change in hormonal levels, severe stress, or the use of contraceptives.
However, after sexual intercourse, in which the seed secretion has entered the vagina, the discharge may also acquire yellow staining.
Before menstruation, during the period of ovulation, as well as during pregnancy, the amount of discharge increases in almost all women, and due to hormonal shifts they may become yellowish at this time.
Abundant yellow discharge
This condition often signals the development of an acute bacterial infection. It can trigger the following diseases:
- The inflammatory process in the fallopian tubes (salpingitis). Develops due to the hematogenous spread of pathogenic microflora from the uterus or other nearby organs. In the acute form, the patient has abundant yellow discharge, pain may appear during urination, swelling is often noted, and after the sexual contact, blood is detected in the discharge.
- Adnexitis (inflammation of the uterine appendages). This disease occurs as a result of infection by the ascending or descending pathways. In the acute form of a woman there are abundant pussy discharge of yellow color, causing strong irritation of the external genitalia. Patients complain of frequent urge to urinate, during intercourse they have pain, and also very painful flow of menstruation.
- Bacterial vaginitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina). This is a disease of infectious etiology, accompanied by copious yellowish discharge, swelling and itching of the external genitalia, as well as pain in the lower abdomen and in the back.
- Urogenital infections (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia). With the development of venereal diseases, excretions also acquire yellow staining, abundant impurities of pus appear in them, and a sharp unpleasant odor occurs. The external genitalia swell, develop severe itching and burning, aggravated after urination, pain during sexual intercourse.
- Allergies also often cause yellow discharge. Synthetic linen, sanitary pads and tampons, as well as the use of condoms can provoke a pathological condition.
Yellow discharge after abortion
Normally, for ten days after an abortion, a woman may have a brownish discharge. This is due to the fact that blood is oozing from the internal genital organs, which, reaching the external genitalia, manages to clot.
At the same time, yellowish-brown discharge that appeared after artificial termination of pregnancy can signal the presence of polyps in the uterine cavity.
Such benign neoplasms are not particularly dangerous, but, nevertheless, can cause pain in the lower abdomen, especially after sexual intercourse.
Also, the occurrence of this kind of discharge can signal the development of an inflammatory process of an infectious nature, triggered by staphylococcus, streptococcus, Proteus and Escherichia coli. This condition occurs due to a decrease in immunity and activation of potentially pathogenic microorganisms.
Yellow discharge during pregnancy
In the period of carrying a child discharge may have a different character. In the first three months, when progesterone has the greatest impact on the female body, thick secretions with a yellowish tint often appear, almost odorless.
However, in the II trimester of pregnancy, the normal discharge becomes more abundant and transparent, and therefore, if they begin to acquire yellow staining, and are accompanied by an unpleasant smell, this may signal a possible development of the pathological process.
Bright yellow discharge during pregnancy is often a symptom of inflammation of the fallopian tubes or ovaries, which develops due to a bacterial infection.
Sometimes a change in the color of the vaginal secretion arises from the use of intimate hygiene products that are unsuitable for a woman or while wearing synthetic underwear.
In this case, when eliminating the irritant, all unpleasant symptoms disappear on their own.
What if you are concerned about yellow vaginal discharge?
If the occurrence of yellow discharge is not accompanied by any negative symptoms, then most likely there is no cause for concern. You just have to watch out for intimate hygiene as thoroughly as possible, wear underwear only from natural fabrics, use only proven and high-quality cosmetic and hygiene products, as well as methods of barrier contraception.
In the case when the yellow discharge delivers certain anxieties, causes burning and itching, makes urination difficult, and also is accompanied by an unpleasant smell, urgent consultation is required by a specialist who, after careful physical examination and delivery of all necessary analyzes, will be able to determine the true cause of this condition, as well as , if necessary, prescribe treatment.
Strong discharge in women
All women should normally have vaginal discharge. They appear at puberty, about a year before the onset of the first menstrual period, and accompany us throughout life before the onset of menopause.
Each woman vaginal discharge may be slightly different due to the individual characteristics of the organism. But in general, they should normally be transparent or whitish (resembling raw egg white or rice water), not very abundant and without a pronounced smell.
Under the influence of various factors, the nature, color and smell of secretions may change, and in some cases this indicates the course of the pathological process in the female body. In particular, strong discharge from women can speak about this. But increasing the amount of mucus released from the vagina is not a disease. When should you start to worry and act?
So, normally every woman should have mucous discharge. During puberty and the formation of the menstrual cycle, they tend to be abundant.
In adult women during the period of ovulation (in most cases approximately in the middle of the cycle or 2 weeks before the start of the expected monthly periods), their number also increases to facilitate the advancement of spermatozoa and then a fertilized egg - so the body strongly encourages the onset of a probable pregnancy. During this period, the woman notices the increased humidity in the crotch and feels the need for more frequent changes of linen or daily panty liners.Ovulation is a strong discharge in women for only a few days, and then disappear until the next ovulation.
Secretions in women become more abundant and by the end of the cycle, before the beginning of menstruation, since the amount of estrogen in the blood at this time increases significantly. Also, an increase in their number is observed during pregnancy - also under the influence of hormones. It is for this reason that some women suspect pregnancy in the early stages.
In all these cases, the discharge does not change its color and smell, unless it can become more liquid, with the exception of the last days before menstruation, when they may become creamy and have a thicker consistency, and during pregnancy, the secretions turn white.
Please note that in the morning after an unprotected evening or night intercourse, a woman can also observe a rich amount of white - this is the norm.
Such strong discharge in women, accompanying the course of physiological processes in our body, should not cause any discomfort. The appearance on the background of abundant discharge of itching, burning, irritation, swelling of the vagina, a strong smell from the discharge, as well as a change in their color and consistency (when they become frothy or curdled), speaks of some kind of pathology.
An increase in vaginal discharge may be a sign of gynecological diseases, as well as sexually transmitted infections.
However, the pathology can be said in the case when the discharge changes its color and smell and delivers obvious discomfort to the woman: itching, pain and burning sensation in the genital area, irritation and swelling of the mucous membrane.
Also, along with these changes, the woman notes other signs characteristic of various pathological conditions.
Strong discharge from women may indicate a variety of infections and diseases:
- White or transparent with white veins copious discharge before menstruation - cervical erosion, cervicitis.
- Yellow or green secretions - acute adnexitis or acute salpingitis.
- Yellow abundant discharge - vaginitis.
- Liquid abundant discharge, darkening before and after menstruation (on the lining look "dirty") - chronic endometritis, chronic endocervicitis.
- Grayish-yellow frothy, copious discharge - trichomoniasis.
- Severe discharge with irritation of the genitals - an allergic reaction to synthetic underwear, condoms, tampons, pads.
However, it is impossible to make a diagnosis only on the basis of a change in the nature, appearance and smell of the discharge. Sometimes hormonal preparations, for example, lead to the appearance of strong secretions in women.
When observing heavy excretions of yellow, white, gray, greenish color, with a strong odor and the accompanying discomfort, you should immediately contact a gynecologist and undergo a full medical examination to determine the probable cause.
Especially for onlinewoman.ru - Elena Kichak
Causes of abundant clear discharge in women and hygiene
The appearance of unusual stretching, transparent discharge on the underwear, without smell can provoke a lot of questions and experiences. What reasons can provoke the appearance of abundant transparent secretions and what to do after their detection ?.
Really working way that will completely eliminate the thrush. This BAG tool treats thrush for a week ...
For some reason, may appear a transparent selection
In addition to the influence of the flow phase of the menstrual cycle, the secret of the internal vaginal glands can be affected by such factors and causes:
- Irregular sexuality in a woman or sexual arousal.
- The onset of pregnancy or the change of sexual partner - this can also cause the appearance of mucous whites.
- Acceptance of oral contraceptives or barrier-type counterparts - a change in hormonal levels causes a woman to have mucous secretions.
- The reaction of the female body to taking antibiotics or climate change.
In addition, an abundant discharge of slightly white or clear color can also be observed in adolescent girls during puberty, and also if ovulation occurs after 1–2 days. In this list, doctors include other factors - it all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
But it is important to remember. In their normal performance, these mucous whites are required to fall under certain parameters and indicators.
The norm is:
- They must necessarily be transparent and have a slightly whitish or beige shade on linen.
- Should not have an unpleasant smell - weak, with a sour flavor will speak on the development of normal vaginal microflora.
- The mucus itself should not foam - the consistency can be dense or watery, but without foam and the more impurities of blood and inclusions of pus.
And, of course, they should not be excessively abundant, which in turn can provoke irritation and itching of the vulva and perineum.
What do abundant mucous discharge mean
All abundant and not very vaginal clear vaginal discharges from the vagina are in the form of odorless mucus and blotches - this is a natural, biological fluid, which includes not only microorganisms, but also mucus, lymph of the cervical canal, fragments of cells. An additional source of mucus production is the sebaceous glands, as well as sweat glands located near the urethra.
The main thing - they should not be accompanied by itching and burning of the genitals, an unpleasant smell and patches of pus and blood. This may indicate a course of the pathological process.
In what cases is transparent discharge the norm?
Doctors identify a number of factors and reasons for which such whites on clothes are considered the norm.
- Abundant discharge without itching and smell in women during pregnancy. In this case, a woman’s hormonal changes and a sharp change in hormone levels occur in the woman’s body - if the leucorids themselves do not provoke the appearance of burning and itching, do not contain blotches of blood and pus, this is considered normal. If they contain certain inclusions of pus and blood, accompanied by an unpleasant odor - this may indicate the development of the threat of miscarriage, inflammation or ectopic pregnancy.
- After labor - most often mucus contains blotches of blood and remnants of the placenta, have no smell. Such transparent mucous whites in the early months is normal, and after the restoration of the menstrual cycle, everything returns to its original place.
- Climax. During this period, the woman's body undergoes a drastic restructuring of the hormonal background and a decrease in ovarian function - menstrual periods become scarce, and a lack of lubrication leads to vaginal dryness and the occurrence of the inflammatory process. Danger carries - bloody daub, which may indicate the development of oncology and malignant tumors.
- Changes in the body during intercourse. It is at this moment that the woman is agitated and the necessary lubricant, a large number of aqueous liquid, is released in the vagina. When there is sexual contact without protection, the secret will be thick enough, which after a few hours will become more watery. If a condom is used, the whites will be fairly scarce and have a cream or whitish hue.
- When taking hormonal drugs - this provokes the inhibition of ovulation, and the ointments on linen will be scanty, should not have an unpleasant smell, although in some cases they can cause itching and burning. To restore normal microflora - along with hormonal drugs, a woman should take special formulations. After the end of hormone therapy, the vaginal microflora returns to normal.
- In addition to the reasons given - the appearance of whiter and at the beginning of an active sex life is considered normal. The girl will be the last to change when she begins to lead an adult life - this phenomenon is due to the accession to her microflora, the microflora of the partner itself. For a complete, natural adaptation - it takes some time. During this very period, their volumes can change and acquire a yellowish or whitish hue. When changing the sexual partner - the situation will be repeated.
Find out also why phytoestrogens are beneficial in foods and plants, and what is their norm.
What function does the hymen will perform in the next section.
What is the difference between Jess and Jesse Plus: venerolog-ginekolog.ru/gynecology/medicament/dzhes-i-dzhes-plyus.html.
How to maintain proper hygiene
In order to prevent the development of many infections - it is important to observe the rules of personal hygiene.
First of all - use properly selected hygiene products for washing with a minimum content of chemicals and a large percentage of plant extracts or with lactic acid, which allow you to restore the natural microflora of the vagina. Water should not be hot or cold - optimally set the room temperature.
Also at the time of discharge - it is important to use hygienic, daily, well-absorbing pads, as well as to change them in a timely manner.
Take seriously the choice of linen - it is desirable to choose only natural fabric and exclude synthetics. They should be free and not tight body, rubbing it.
The sexual partner is permanent, and if sex is unprotected, it is advisable to use a condom. If sex was unprotected - it is important to be examined by a doctor, thereby eliminating infection with STDs.
When highlight should alert? About this video:
1. Why does the selection change?
Vaginal discharge becomes more abundant under the action of estrogen. This is clearly seen in the ovulation period, when the liquid becomes more, but it resembles transparent, light mucus or egg white. This is a normal condition.
Sexual arousal expands blood vessels, increases blood flow to the pelvic organs. Part of the plasma sweats from the capillaries into the vagina. When this discharge becomes more, they are more liquid. Sometimes an increase in secretion is noticed before the onset of menses.
During pregnancy, under the influence of hormones, the amount of discharge also increases, they can be white, creamy, viscous, but do not cause irritation and are not accompanied by itching and burning. Smears should not show inflammatory changes.
Pathological leucorrhoea has other characteristics:
- 1 Changes color from transparent to white, sometimes with different shades.
- 2 The consistency becomes viscous, liquid, foamy, cheesy.
- 3 The number increases in different ratios, sometimes they become very much.
- 4 There may be a strange smell (unpleasant, sharp, pronounced sour, rotten).
- 5 According to the physical properties of whiter, it can be assumed which microorganism provoked the disease.
White discharge in women occurs more frequently than others. The main reasons for their occurrence are hormonal changes (early pregnancy, ovulation, etc.), infection (bacterial vaginosis, candidiasis, nonspecific vaginitis, cervicitis), erosion and cervical ectopia.
This fungal infection is the most likely cause of white discharge. Most often they resemble cottage cheese, thick and grainy, but may be slimy and viscous, odorless. Additional symptoms are itching and burning in the vagina and urethra.
Fungi of the genus Candida (Candida) are opportunistic microorganisms. They live for a long time on the mucous membrane of the vagina and do not manifest themselves. But with a significant decrease in local immunity weakens the action of protective forces. The body loses control over the reproduction of fungi, candidal vulvovaginitis develops.
3. Bacterial Vaginosis
Grayish-white, viscous discharge, sometimes with a yellow tint, is observed with bacterial vaginosis.
This is a form of vaginal dysbiosis, in which lactobacilli give way to anaerobic microorganisms (gardnerella, Mobiluncus and others). A characteristic feature of skeletitis is the unpleasant smell of rotten fish, herring, which is enhanced by the use of hygiene detergents.
Trichomonas infection (trichomonas vaginal infection) is accompanied by the appearance of white, with a greenish or yellow tint of discharge. They are abundant, liquid, sometimes frothy, smell unpleasant.
In advanced cases, blood streaks may appear. Such a vaginal secretion is very caustic, irritates the mucous membranes, leads to an inflammatory process, tissue maceration and secondary infection.
5. Nonspecific vaginitis and cervicitis
Vaginitis and cervicitis caused by bacteria - representatives of normal microflora, are called nonspecific. Mycoplasmas of M. hominis, ureaplasmas, staphylococci, streptococci, enterobacteria (including E. coli), and Klebsiella most often cause inflammation.
A woman may have discomfort and tenderness during intercourse, in addition to heavy liquid or thick white discharge with a strong odor or without it. Itching and burning in the vagina rarely occur. Throwing an infection from the vagina into the urethra during intercourse often causes urethritis and cystitis.
6. Ectopia and cervical erosion
These diseases are also often accompanied by copious light, clear or white secretions, their number naturally increases before menstruation, after intercourse and during ovulation.
The woman often has intermenstrual bleeding and there is a slight bleeding after sex (an additional epithelial injury is accompanied by the appearance of brown and cream discharge).
These pathologies require mandatory observation by a gynecologist, diagnosis of HPV infection and timely treatment (electrocoagulation, laser coagulation, cryodestruction or conization).
7. Additional features
White discharge is not a single symptom of the disease. Often they are accompanied by the following symptoms:
- 1 Itching in the intimate area of varying intensity. Sometimes it appears before the abundant discharge. In candidiasis and trichomoniasis, itching occurs more often than in bacterial vaginosis, mycoplasmosis.
- 2 Swelling and redness are signs of an inflammatory reaction.
- 3 Increased bleeding. In the inflamed mucosal vessels are easily damaged, there is a slight bleeding after sexual intercourse, pelvic examination and so on.
- 4 Odor may also change. Normal feminine discharge without smell, less often with slightly pronounced sour. When candidiasis sour smell becomes more pronounced, sharp. Gardnerellosis is accompanied by an unpleasant fishy smell. A sharp, heavy smell is observed with purulent inflammation (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis).
The appearance of white vaginal discharge may be accompanied by dyspareunia - painful sensations during sexual intercourse. They are also observed during the inspection. Pelvic pain occurs when the organs of the upper floor (uterine mucosa, appendages) are involved in the inflammatory process.
Dysuric disorders mean the involvement of the urethra and bladder (urethritis and cystitis).
The change in the nature of the discharge on the background of delayed menstruation may be the first sign of pregnancy.
8. Diagnostic methods
The described symptoms are the main reason for going to the gynecologist. Before inspection, he must find out:
- 1 Time of appearance whiter.
- 2 Whether unprotected intercourse, change of partner and so on preceded it.
- 3 Intensity of discharge.
- 4 Additional complaints (itching and burning, soreness, violation of the cycle, frequent painful urination, etc.)
- 5 Presence of smell in an intimate place and its enhancement during hygiene procedures, after sex.
- 6 The intensity of pelvic pain.
- 7 Did any treatment yourself? This may worsen the diagnosis.
Then the inspection is carried out on the chair. It is carried out even during menstruation. Girls with pathological secretions should be examined in the presence of parents. Girls who have not had sex are bimanually examined through the rectum. Inspection of the vagina perform without mirrors, so as not to damage the hymen.
During the inspection pay attention to the condition of the mucous membrane, its swelling and hyperemia. White plaque can tightly attach to the walls of the vagina, and when you try to separate it with a spatula bleeding appears. Such symptoms are characteristic of candidiasis.
The main stage of diagnosis is smear collection on microflora and GN. This technique allows you to identify fungi, gardnerella, Trichomonas, gonococci and prescribe the appropriate treatment. In some cases, bacprosea and PCR diagnostics (complex real-time PCR, Femoflor test) are required.
9. What can be treated?
The correct treatment strategy depends on the causative agent of infection:
- 1 Candida vulvovaginitis should be treated with antifungal agents. If the entrance to the vagina is itchy, then you can eliminate itching with the help of local funds. For the treatment of thrush most often used candles Clotrimazole, Pimafucin, Miconazole, Butoconazole. Inside you can use Fluconazole (Difluzon, Diflucan, Flucostat).
- 2 Бактериальный вагиноз необходимо лечить с помощью антибактериальных препаратов. Эффективны Метронидазол (Трихопол), Тинидазол. Их применяют в форме таблеток (внутрь, перорально) или в виде вагинальной формы (гель, вагинальные свечи, капсулы).
- 3 При трихомониазе назначают Метронидазол, Орнидазол, Тинидазол. Both sex partners must receive treatment. Trichomonas vaginitis often becomes chronic, then recurs. Therefore, the effectiveness of treatment must be confirmed by PCR 30 days after the end of the course.
- 4 In chlamydia and mycoplasmosis, the most effective are macrolides (Josamycin, Azithromycin) and Doxycycline (Unidox Soluteb, course - 1 week).
- 5 Vaginitis and cervicitis caused by opportunistic bacteria are treated with vaginal suppositories, gels containing broad-spectrum antibiotics (Polygynax, Terzhinan, Clindamycin) and antiseptics (Hexicon, Fluomesin, Betadine). The average course duration is 7-10 days.
After a course of antibiotics and antimycotics, it is recommended to restore the balance of vaginal microflora. In case of recurrent candidiasis, it is necessary to isolate the culture of fungi, determine their sensitivity to drugs, look for the cause of reduced immunity and eliminate it.
Transparent copious discharge appears on certain days of the menstrual cycle. If they do not give a woman uncomfortable sensations, do not cause burning sensation and itching in the region of the labia, and also have no smell, they are not considered a pathology and do not require treatment. The factors causing the release of heavy secretions of a transparent color include:
- approximation of the ovulation period,
- the period of appearance of the first menstruation in a girl,
- increase in the production of the hormone estrogen,
- taking hormonal drugs
- allergic to synthetic underwear, lubricants or condoms.
The duration of such discharge should not exceed five days. If a woman notices them constantly, you should visit a specialist. The presence of a clear, heavy, odorless discharge for several weeks is a consequence of infection with chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and other sexually transmitted infections.
Abundant discharge of white color with a sour odor is a sign of vaginal candidiasis. This disease can occur not only in adult women of reproductive age, but also in girls who are not sexually active.
We are surrounded by fungi everywhere, they live in a small amount and in the vagina, but under certain factors they begin to actively proliferate, which causes the development of thrush. The initial stage of this disease is characterized by thick white abundant secretions in women without odor. Vaginal secretions can resemble not only curd mass, but also thick cream.
The reasons provoking the development of vaginal candidiasis include:
- hormonal disbalance,
- frequent use of tampons or panty liners,
- severe stress or persistent depression,
- poor nutrition
- frequent change of sexual partners
- the use of soap when washing the genitals.
Abundant discharge with an unpleasant odor in women is a clear sign that an infection has settled in the genital area. With the appearance of this pathology, you should definitely visit your doctor.
Strong fishy smell is a consequence of the presence of vaginal dysbiosis.
An unpleasant odor that resembles the smell of onions or rotten vegetables is an indicator of sexually transmitted infections developing in the body.
The aroma of iron appears during menstruation or when a woman has a disease such as cervical erosion. The smell of rot or vinegar is an indicator of dysbiosis, ectopic pregnancy, STDs, inflammatory processes occurring in the genital area.
Vaginal secretion is an integral part of the work of the female genital organs. However, if the leucorrhoea is excessively abundant, has an unpleasant odor, a characteristic shade, it delivers uncomfortable and painful sensations - this is a sign that a pathological process is developing in the body.
Physiological vaginal discharge
Vaginal discharge is a fluid in the formation of which the glands of the vestibule of the vagina, the cervical canal, the endometrium and the endosalpinx take part. These are the anatomical structures of the female genital organs, which tend to excrete a secret. The composition of the fluid depends on the vaginal epithelium. The epithelium does not have its own glands, but also participates in the formation of vaginal fluid through the process of extravasation - leakage of blood serum through the walls of blood vessels.
The secret of the cervical canal is unstable. It varies with the phase of the menstrual cycle. During ovulation, it is liquid and almost transparent, and during the luteal phase, it is yellowish, viscous and viscous. The luteal phase is the period after ovulation in the absence of fertilization of the egg. The remaining secrets are more stable in characteristics.
Transudate is a significant part of the vaginal fluid. It has a milky color, a viscous consistency and an acid reaction. Epithelial cells predominate in its composition. In addition to epithelial cells, there are lactobacilli in the fluid. In addition, the liquid contains a small amount (about 2%) of conditionally pathogenic microflora. These are gardnerella, mycoplasma, anaerobic bacteria, staphylococcus, streptococcus and yeast. An acidic environment does not allow pathogens to multiply. Lactobacilli help maintain an acidic fluid environment (pH 3.8-4.5).
A healthy woman maintains a balance between the release of fluid and its absorption by the mucous membrane. Therefore, she does not feel discomfort. The daily amount of excreted fluid is about 2 ml. However, under the action of hormones or external factors, the amount of secreted secretion or transudate may become different. In addition, the quality characteristics of the fluid vary. The reasons for the increase in discharge may be different.
Factors that contribute to increased secretions
All women experience periods when the vaginal fluid becomes slightly larger.
This may be a natural process due to physiology or a symptom of a disease. During puberty and the formation of the menstrual cycle, the amount of vaginal fluid increases. This is a temporary occurrence. During the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, the secret of the uterus canal changes not only qualitatively but also quantitatively. A little more can be secretions during ovulation. Changes in hormonal levels during pregnancy transforms and excreted fluid. Under the influence of estrogen, the latter becomes much larger, and it liquefies.
During sexual intercourse due to sexual arousal, the amount of secreted secretion becomes larger. Change the nature of the vaginal contents psogosnim hormones. Stress can affect fluids. Constant stress is especially destructive to the body.
An allergic reaction of the body of a general or local nature may increase the amount of vaginal discharge. A sharp change in climatic conditions, a change of time zones can cause an imbalance in the body, including in the work of the genitals. Failure to follow personal hygiene can lead to changes in vaginal discharge. Various pathogens can provoke a disease of the female genitals. As a result, their activity changes the vaginal contents.
Chronic endometritis or chronic endocervicitis. This is an inflammation of the tissues of the uterus. With such diseases in women there are abundant liquid vaginal discharge. Before menstruation and immediately after it vaginal fluid darkens. They become thick, cheesy, frothy or streaked. A sharp unpleasant smell is a sign of the development of the disease. It is strictly impossible to self-medicate. The consequences of this are more serious than the disease itself.
Trichomoniasis is an infection of the genitourinary system. Its causative agent is Trichomonas vaginalis. Vaginal content with this disease becomes abundant and foamy, yellow-gray. Its smell is sharp and unpleasant. Excessive discharge occurs during an allergic reaction. Pads, tampons, underwear, condoms, or hygiene products can provoke allergies. An allergic reaction is accompanied by itching and irritation of the mucous membrane of the genital organs.
Causes of abnormal increase in secretions
Abundant discharge from women from the vagina can be a sign of the following diseases:
- Cervical erosion. This is an ulcerative defect in the mucous membrane of the vaginal part of the cervix. This disease is accompanied by an increased amount of discharge, especially before menstruation. Vaginal fluid may be white or transparent with white veins.
- Acute salpingitis is inflammation of the fallopian tubes. The inflammatory process changes the nature of the discharge. They become profuse, mucopurulent, yellowish or greenish.
- Acute adnexitis is a disease that is accompanied by inflammation of the ovaries and fallopian tubes. As in the case of salpingitis, the vaginal fluid increases and becomes purulent or purulent.
- Vaginitis is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina. The color and consistency of the discharge from this disease depends on the type of infection that caused the disease. With the bacterial form of the disease in women appear abundant whitish-yellow leucorrhea. For fungal infections, excretions have the appearance of a curd white, sour-smelling flake. If the causative agents of the disease are Trichomonas, the excreted fluid becomes frothy and yellow-green. Gonorrheal vaginitis is accompanied by thick and white-yellow purulent vaginal contents.
- Vaginosis is a disease in which there is a reduced amount of lactoflora of the vagina or its complete absence. With vaginosis, the discharge becomes abundant and grayish-white, with the smell of rotten fish.
What to do with heavy discharge?
The nature of healthy secretions in each can be different. Usually the woman herself knows what condition is normal for her. If the discharge is strong, but at the same time their color is white or transparent, there are no streaks in them, most likely this is not a sign of pathology. The general condition of the woman is also important. If she feels fine, does not feel any discomfort in the genital area, then there is no cause for concern.
If the discharge has become abundant, but at the same time the color and consistency have changed, the pathological process most likely develops in the body. A doctor should always be treated in cases where heavy discharge is yellow, green, brown or pink.
Prevention of genital diseases
To prevent the emergence of various diseases of the reproductive system in the first place you need to follow the rules of personal hygiene. For cleaning, it is recommended to use special means for intimate hygiene. They are sparing for the vaginal microflora composition. In their absence, it is best to use regular baby soap.
It is strictly forbidden to use other people's hygiene items, as well as transfer your personal belongings to someone. You can not take someone else's linen and a towel. Rational nutrition, the absence of bad habits and a healthy lifestyle contribute to the preservation of the health of the female genitals.