Itching and burning that occurs during menstruation may have frivolous reasons that are very easy to eliminate, or more significant, requiring mandatory medical intervention.
Irritation may be caused by improper washing or lack thereof. Because of this, a favorable environment is created for the reproduction of fungi and bacteria that cause itching. It is equally dangerous to wash too often and use detergents that can overdry skin.
Discomfort can occur with a rare change of gaskets or the use of those that cause allergies. Underwear, made of synthetic materials that do not allow air, can cause severe irritation. With menstruation, when the skin becomes more sensitive, the risk of burning increases.
Most often itching is a symptom of various infections:
- Trichomoniasis - it is characterized by burning, as well as clear or yellow-green discharge with a bad smell.
- Thrush - accompanied by symptoms such as redness and discharge, resembling cottage cheese.
- Chlamydia - discomfort, yellow discharge, irritation can speak about the disease. Itching and burning sensation may increase after menstruation.
- Colpitis - may be accompanied by grayish or purulent yellowish secretions during menstruation. During critical days, the disease worsens, so the help of a gynecologist is obligatory.
- Gonorrhea - itchy sensations - a characteristic symptom of the disease. In addition, possible violations of the cycle. In this disease, bleeding may begin not in time, but between menstruations. At the same time, there is discomfort during urination.
- Bacterial vaginosis - in addition to burning, the volume of discharge increases. With no treatment, they become more abundant and acquire a greenish tint.
- Contact dermatitis - irritation after menstruation may be allergic to hygiene products. In this case, you need to abandon their use and choose another option.
Discomfort during menstruation can be caused by disorders in the genitals. Erosion of the uterus, inflammation of the ovaries are a provoking factor and change the nature of the discharge. With the release of blood during and after menstruation, irritability increases. Itching may indicate other diseases:
- kidney inflammation
- hormonal changes,
- blood diseases
- malignant tumor
- mental state of a woman.
On examination, the doctor must pay attention to all the signs that accompany itching during menstruation. Most often it is:
- burning and dryness
- urinary discomfort,
- soreness during intimacy.
These are local symptoms, the presence of which is not enough to speak with confidence about a particular disease. In addition to these, the manifestations observed by other organs should be assessed.
If the disease is detected in a timely manner, you can not worry about itching, as a specialist will take care of its treatment.
Discomfort after menstruation
If, after the critical days, the burning sensation does not disappear, this condition signals the presence of pathologies. The cause of itching after menstruation may be:
- Nonspecific vaginitis - in this disease, mucous membrane inflames as a result of infection by fungi or bacteria. Additionally, cervical lesions may occur. Candidiasis is often manifested by purulent secretions with a bad odor, while the genitals swell.
- Inflammation of the uterus - it is characterized by itching and burning, arising after the end of menstruation. In such conditions, the immunity weakens, which increases the risk of recurrence of viral diseases affecting the organs of the reproductive system.
- Climax - before menopause menstruation continues to go, but they become irregular. During this period, itching may occur in the genital area. These symptoms indicate a decrease in the amount of estrogen that keeps the mucous membranes and skin in good condition. To alleviate the condition requires hormone therapy, the use of specialized vaginal ointments.
How to get rid of discomfort
Unpleasant sensations can be eliminated when the reason for their appearance is revealed. External stimuli can be removed with the observance of simple rules:
- Prevent the occurrence of harmful microflora - this requires regular washing.
- Change the brand used pads and tampons.
- Wear cotton underwear.
- Stop using soap and other products that may cause irritation.
The itching caused by more serious causes disappears after the treatment of the corresponding disease. In an infectious disease, antifungal and other drugs are prescribed to destroy pathogens. For certain diseases, physiotherapy and other activities can be carried out. If a woman has erosion, it is cauterized. For other internal diseases, appropriate treatment is prescribed.
Regardless of the reasons for which itching and burning appear, you should not ignore the unpleasant symptoms, as they can lead to negative consequences. It is better to immediately go to the doctor - he will help solve the problem.
To minimize the risk of itching, special attention should be paid to personal hygiene. During menstruation, you need to regularly change the pads and wash. Intimate hygiene products should be discarded - they can cause dryness and provoke allergies.
Underwear is better to choose from natural fabrics.
Equally important is the way of life: a balanced diet, the rejection of harmful habits, to allocate time for exercise. Careful attention to your health and contacting a specialist at the first manifestations of the disease allow you to quickly get rid of the disease.
Burning in the vagina before and after menstruation. Causes and remedies
There may be several reasons for the appearance of a burning sensation in the vagina during the period before menstruation:
- Thrush. Burning in the vagina is the most common syndrome that occurs in women before menstruation, but is caused by a fungal disease. Vaginal candidiasis is accompanied by other symptoms that prevent a woman from having an active sex life: a cheesy, white discharge, characterized by a strong odor, itching in the perineum and a feeling of dry mucous membranes. Such symptoms can manifest themselves not only in the period before menstruation, but also after it. But candidiasis is easily treated with the use of antifungal drugs.
- Venereal diseases. Since before the onset of menstruation, hormonal changes occur in a woman’s body, this makes the vagina vulnerable to infection for some time. It is during this period that such diseases as genital herpes or gonorrhea, trichomoniasis can worsen. The appearance of such diseases the body can respond not only to inflammation, but also the appearance of the following symptoms: burning in the vagina, redness and itching of the external genital organs, the appearance of irritation and rash in the intimate area, secretions with a sharp unpleasant odor. Sexually transmitted diseases require compulsory treatment. Since they can have a negative impact on the work of the entire reproductive system of the female body.
- The presence of inflammation caused by infection with pathogenic microorganisms. Burning in the vagina before the onset of menstruation may indicate the presence of an inflammatory process that was triggered by bacteria or infection. If such symptoms are accompanied by secretions of an unusual color or texture, then this may be a sign of colpitis.
- Non-compliance with the rules of individual hygiene. Rare washing and changing of underwear leads to vaginal mucosal irritation and burning sensation.
- Allergic reactions. Itching and burning in the area of the external genital organs can occur due to individual intolerance to the components of personal hygiene products or chemicals used in washing.
Sometimes a burning problem can be eliminated by a more frequent change of underwear.
The appearance of itching and burning after menstruation
If the burning sensation does not disappear after the menstruation, but tends to increase the symptoms, then such a condition definitely indicates a pathology. After menstruation, these symptoms may be a sign:
- Non-specific vaginitis. This type of disease is an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina, which occurs after infection with fungal or bacterial microorganisms. With such a violation may appear not only the symptoms of itching, but also various lesions of the cervix. Nonspecific candidiasis may be accompanied by the appearance of purulent discharge with a sharp unpleasant odor. The genitals swell and swell.
- Inflammation of the main organ of the reproductive system of the woman - the uterus. The presence of erosion and inflammation in the uterus, caused by various factors, can provoke itching and burning in the genital area after menstruation. And an additional inflammatory process in the ovaries will enhance the sensations. Such conditions greatly reduce the immunity of women, which leads to a recurrence of viral diseases of the reproductive organs.
- The presence of diseases associated with impaired hormonal levels. Such diseases that alter the condition of the mucous membranes and skin, diabetes mellitus. In patients with diabetes, I experience dry and constant discomfort not only of the external integuments, but also in the genital area. Burning in the vagina can disturb patients with diabetes mellitus both before and after menstruation.
Inflammation of the uterus and other organs of the reproductive system can manifest as noticeable discomfort.
Diagnosis and elimination of symptoms
When referring to a specialist with similar symptoms, the patient will be asked to undergo a series of studies that will help identify the cause of the pathology:
- Gynecological examination.
- Ultrasound study and colposcopy.
- Taking smears for analysis and seeding microflora.
- Therapeutic examination.
After establishing the cause of the burning sensation and other pathological symptoms, the doctor prescribes an individual treatment. For each disease it is different:
- When thrush requires a single use of anti-fungal drugs and therapy aimed at restoring immunity.
- Colpitis requires anti-inflammatory drugs.
- And herpes medication with antiviral effect.
But the main thing is the observance of the rules of personal hygiene, then the symptoms will not have a chance to prove themselves.
Features of itching before and during menstruation
Before the clinical and gynecological examination, attention should be paid to all the symptoms that may be in the female genital area. Only after establishing all of them, it will be possible to make a diagnosis and pre-establish a pathology.
Often, burning and itching in the intimate area before and after menstruation is due to:
- vaginal dryness
- various pathological secretions
- discomfort when urinating,
- soreness during or after sexual intercourse.
Itching is one of the symptoms of the disease. To establish the correct diagnosis, you will need to be examined. Most often, he says the presence of:
- Specific infections that occur in the urogenital system. At the same time there are special selections. Their color, structure and texture indicates a particular disease.
White mucus, a curdling structure - the presence of candidiasis.
White-yellow color of the discharge, thick structure - the presence of gonorrhea.
Liquid frothy discharge with a green tinge - trichomoniasis.
Creamy consistency and unpleasant ("fish") smell - gardnerellosis.
- Diabetes mellitus, endocrine pathology, which often can cause burning sensation before menstruation or at first.
In the first place, this is characteristic of diabetes. When the concentration of sugar in the blood becomes higher than normal, it partially falls into the female sexual organ. Therefore, the development of microbes is possible there. In addition, glucose in the blood of the uterus creates irritation in all its area. General symptoms in this case: constant thirst with dryness, weight gain, or vice versa, dramatic weight loss, polyuria.
This is a kidney disease, when there is a violation in their work and the retention of those harmful substances that must be removed from the body. Often, during this disease, bacteria reach the uterus and settle in it, resulting in itching and other symptoms. Signs by which you can determine this disease:
- swelling may occur,
- blood pressure may increase,
- decreases urinary density,
- anemia is detected.
In the presence of such a disease, itching disappears only when the kidney function is normalized. Normalize it only after undergoing medical therapy prescribed by a doctor.
Manifested by the release of bile or metabolic disorders in the intestinal section. The removal of pathogenic bacteria into the genital area occurs and this causes itching. There may also be other symptoms. So, for example, there may be pain in the ribs in the chest, enlarged liver, jaundice with a rash.
In this case, a woman has not only itching and white cheesy discharge, a burning sensation in the genital area, not only before menstruation. There may be pain.
Often, because of the nerves, various symptoms appear, including itching. At the same time various sedatives are prescribed, containing herbal preparations.
How to solve the problem yourself
Eliminating a strong and unpleasant itching in the vagina before menstruation is possible by examining and identifying the cause of this phenomenon. If this symptom occurs on the background of a serious disease, it is him who is treated, and not the elimination of itching.
Specifically, this symptom is eliminated through the use of drugs, antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
It is equally important to use folk remedies in the treatment. With the help of herbal baths, decoctions and infusions, you can safely remove this problem. To enhance the effect of the treatment of folk remedies, you can put chamomile tampons with calendula and basil inside the vagina. Doctors also recommend using aloe juice. If you enter them before the month, you can quickly get rid of a specific problem.
However, you shouldn’t trust the national remedies completely, it is important to go to a gynecologist for a consultation. Only after receiving all his recommendations and examinations, it is possible, in addition to the main prescribed medication, to use traditional medicine.
What is frigidity in women and men, how is it manifested and how is it treated?
The following article will tell about the causes of bleeding after sex.
When to see a doctor
To consult a doctor you need during the appearance of severe pain in the female genital organs, severe itching, accompanied by burning, the presence of pathogenic discharge before menstruation, accompanied by discomfort and smell. It is also important to seek help if there is any suspicion of diabetes, pathologies in the area of the kidneys and liver, or alterations in the discharge at the beginning, middle, or end of the menstruation cycle.
It is important to undergo regular examinations by the gynecologist to prevent the development of not only pathologies, diseases and possible bacteria, but also the consequences that may arise in case of a delay in treatment and unwillingness to seek help.
Why there is itching and burning in the vagina will show the video: