Selection is the natural secret of mucous membranes. Its absence signals about the development of pathology, and a change in consistency, color or volume can also speak of violations. In order to distinguish pathological secretions from normal ones, it is recommended to consult a gynecologist and then independently monitor the work of your body. This will help in time to identify any deviations from the norm.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW! Fortune teller woman Nina: "Money will always be in abundance, if we put it under the pillow." Read more >>
Vaginal discharge is the natural norm. Their direct presence does not indicate poor hygiene or the development of the pathological process. The volume, structure and color depend on the woman’s age category, hormonal characteristics, intimate life and other factors. It is important for growing girls to explain where they come from (from the vagina, not from the clitoris) and what role they play for the female body.
Vaginal discharge appears at the age of 10-12 years. This suggests that hormonal adjustment has begun. The secret is liquid or slimy, transparent, whitish or yellowish, it has almost no smell. Its function is to moisturize the walls of the vagina and its protection against various infections. As soon as a regular menstrual cycle is established, the nature of the secret will change depending on its phase.
A healthy girl secretes a liquid with the following symptoms:
- no more than 5 ml per day,
- clear, whitish or milky tint,
- mucous, thick or viscous homogeneous consistency,
- small seals (not more than 4 mm),
- slight sour smell or lack of it.
At the same time there should be no burning, itching, swelling and redness.
As soon as such secretion dries, a patch of beige or yellowish tint remains on the underpants or daily panty liners.
Selections corresponding to these characteristics should not cause excitement. The secretion sometimes changes at a certain stage of the cycle, and this does not always indicate a pathology.
By the amount of mucus produced, the secretions are divided into scanty, abundant and natural:
- 1. Scanty - with their lack of vagina and external genitals can not function normally. Mucous membranes dry up, crack. During intimacy there is a feeling of friction and pain. These secretions are the result of age-related hormonal rearrangements, endocrine disease, or the use of hormonal drugs.
- 2. Abundant - cause a feeling of constant moisture in the vagina. Their marks remain on the underwear. Such mucus is sometimes diagnosed a week before menstruation or during ovulation in the middle of the menstrual cycle. They are transparent, there is no unpleasant smell.
- 3. Natural - Moisturize the vaginal walls in sufficient quantity, do not cause any concern. If the discharge is normal, then before intimacy with a man does not require auxiliary moisturizing of the vagina.
In the early stages of pregnancy or shortly before birth, the discharge becomes much more abundant. It's quite normal. If the consistency, color, quantity or smell of a secret has changed, then it is necessary to visit a gynecologist.
By this criterion, the secretions are divided into liquid, cheesy and frothy.
Liquid (watery, slimy)
They have no color and smell, which is the norm. They appear in the middle of the cycle at the time of ovulation, and they also play the role of lubricant during intercourse
Mean the presence of a fungal infection. Doctors usually diagnose candidiasis. Discharges are like liquid curd, they have a heterogeneous consistency.
Occur in the presence of a bacterial infection. Especially dangerous if they have an unpleasant smell or a pronounced color. Such discharge is the hallmark of trichomoniasis.
Cheesy vaginal discharge
There are odorless mucus produced, with a sweet, sour or unpleasant odor:
- 1. Without smell. This concept is very conditional, since any discharge from the body has some smell. When a person is healthy, he is pleasant and almost not felt. Everyone has his own. A person gets used to him after a while does not feel him.
- 2. With a sweet or sour smell. This usually indicates a thrush. Candida fungi feed on sugar, they love this product and are distributed in an environment where there is a lot of it.
- 3. Unpleasant smell. Signals the presence of a bacterial infection. Often it looks like the smell of spoiled fish. The more pronounced it is, the stronger the development of the infection.
The color of the selection is divided into transparent (normal), white, bloody (brown), yellow, green and black.
Transparent discharge - natural secretion in women. They can be formed at any time of the menstrual cycle. In their composition, dead cells, the secret of mucous membranes and other, characteristic of this environment, waste products, as well as lactic acid bacteria. They rarely become abundant and usually have no smell. Sometimes a sour smell may appear. This should not cause panic, because it appears as a result of the activity of lactic acid bacteria, which are found in all female secretions.
This color indicates pathology, as it is a symptom of many sexually transmitted diseases, inflammation or diseases of the mucous membrane (during which leukocytes fight infections and in large numbers penetrate the vaginal secretion). It can be diseases such as trichomoniasis, candidiasis, gonorrhea and others. Also, highlighting of a similar color sometimes occurs during menstruation. This means that serious changes are taking place inside the female body, and attention should be paid to this.
This color is considered the norm if the amount of such discharge remains small. They will be normal with a volume of 1 tsp. per day, no odor, muffled and dim shade. The secret is watery with a uniform consistency. In other situations, this may be a sign of pathology. Such secretion appears most often due to recent labor, adnexitis, salpingitis, vaginitis, gonorrhea, chlamydia
Highlight white color is found in every woman. The volume may increase before the onset of menstruation, after their termination and during the child bearing period This secret is also called “whiter”, and they are not cause for concern, if the amount remains small, they are homogeneous in consistency and there is no foreign smell. In another situation, it becomes a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease, a fungal infection or an inflammatory process.
The most dangerous discharge can be a sign of various diseases, depending on color, quantity and smell. They should alert the woman if the volume is large and there is itching in the genital area, burning, pain in the intimate area. The release of such secretion is sometimes a symptom of cervical erosion, fibroma, cancer, sarcoma, adenomyosis, tumors, endometritis. With the appearance of such discharge, an urgent need to visit a doctor
This is a variation of the previous selection, when the color is very dark, they have an increased density and a heterogeneous consistency. They can be the norm in certain situations, and a symptom of pathology. This color is sometimes the result of poor metabolism and endocrine disruption, drastic changes in weight, long inflammatory processes and infections, chemotherapy, stressful situations, polyps on the genitals and certain systemic diseases of the body.
It is possible to talk about a deviation from the norm when an unpleasant smell is present in the discharge, the mucous membrane of the external organs is irritated, the latter itches and turns red. This condition is marked by an unexpected occurrence and rapid development. Abnormal white secretions are either curdled, liquid, or frothy.
The reason for the development of this process can be:
- 1. Hormonal disorderswomen. They occur as a result of the use of hormonal contraception, thyroid disease, and against the background of medical or mechanical abortion. In patients with this problem, the external genitals are itching all the time.
- 2. Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the organs of the urinary system and the small pelvis. These include STDs (salpingitis, oophoritis, endometritis). If the body develops an inflammatory process, then symptoms such as cramps and burning sensation may occur when going to the toilet, an increase in body temperature, a feeling of discomfort and pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
- 3. RHypersensitive reaction to the use of hygiene products and cosmetics. In many components for intimate hygiene there is alkali, which adversely affects the natural environment of the vagina. It is fraught with the penetration and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
To cure the pathological discharge under the force only a doctor, who previously conducts a detailed diagnosis.
Depending on the identified cause, use the following methods:
- 1. To eliminate bacterial infection and inflammation, antimicrobial agents are prescribed. Antibiotics can be taken orally or topically in the form of candles, cream or ointment.
- 2. Fungal infection is treated with antifungal drugs. Thrush is a local manifestation of extensive infection of the body by fungus. In the treatment can not do only candles and cream. Most of the infection settles in the intestines, so the whole body needs to be treated, not just the vagina.
- 3. When a viral infection prescribed antiviral agent. These are very dangerous microorganisms, which doctors have not fully learned to eliminate. The main role in this situation is played by strengthening the immune system.
- 4. If any neoplasms have occurred, they can be treated with a conservative method or removed. The key role is played by the type: benign or malignant - and the rate of development of this neoplasm.
For any occurrence of non-characteristic secretions, careful personal and intimate hygiene procedures are needed, because most pathological secretions erode the skin of the genitals. In some situations, the gynecologist recommends baths with therapeutic solutions and douching.