This article will discuss such important points as pregnancy, nausea, how to deal with this sign of toxemia, as well as what methods and drugs can blunt vomiting.
Pregnancy is a definite condition in which a new life develops in the female body. And this period is not always so joyful and cloudless. Very often, it is in the first months of gestation of a baby in women that toxicosis is observed, which is mainly manifested by nausea. Is it worth worrying about the emerging nausea and how much this condition is fraught with, let's look below.
Nausea in early pregnancy: dangerous or not
The answer to this question must be sought in various degrees of toxicosis.
If nausea is observed up to 10 times a day, then this is normal. The main thing - a woman to make up the loss of fluid and drink more clean water. If nausea during pregnancy develops more than 10 times a day, then you should consult a doctor. He can be hospitalized for further observation. And a severe degree of toxemia is when nausea happens more than 20 times a day. In this case, hospitalization is required. Because the body loses huge amounts of fluid, and this leads to dehydration. In this case, you must immediately call an ambulance.
Causes of early toxicosis
What causes nausea during pregnancy, read below.
1. Nerve exertion of the future mother. The woman herself does not suspect that, but her inner state is becoming more and more tense every day. She can worry for no reason, be nervous, and this all affects her state of health.
2. Diseases of the thyroid gland.
3. Unhealthy food. Eating food, which is contraindicated to the expectant mother, as well as food, devoid of essential vitamins and minerals.
4. The restructuring of the body to new conditions.
5. Weak immunity.
6. Hereditary factor.
7. Particularly sensitive to odors. And to any. Whether it is French perfume or the fragrant smell of coffee, any fragrance can lead to nausea.
Whatever the cause of nausea in early pregnancy, it is necessary to fight it.
Tips for day regimen
So that nausea in early pregnancy does not cause discomfort, it is important to properly organize your day. To do this, use the following tips:
- Be sure to walk at least once a day in the fresh air on foot.
- Try not to worry once again, worry less and be nervous.
- You should sleep in a well-ventilated room. Therefore, at night, it is desirable that the vent remained open. Humidity is also very important. It should be between 50-70%.
- Take extra vitamins. It is especially important during this period to consume vitamin B6 and C.
- If you have nausea, consult a doctor.
- Do not sit long in the same pose. It is also undesirable to be long at the computer or in front of the TV.
- Rest more.
- Sleep on your left side and so that your head is high on the pillow.
Nausea in the first week of pregnancy should pass quickly, if you use the above tips.
Wishes regarding the nutrition of the pregnant woman
To nausea in the early stages of pregnancy did not overtake you, it is important to eat the right foods.
- You should eat often, but in small portions.
- In the morning, just get out of bed, eat something quick. For example, crackers or biscuits. Some people manage to have a snack with a chop. And this is normal. Everyone should eat what he wants. Only within reason.
- During this period, you should not have the feeling of hunger. If you want to eat something, eat only a little.
- Your menu should contain only healthy dishes. No spicy, smoked, fatty, and salty foods should be.
- From the drinks should delete the sparkling water, coffee, strong tea. Preference should be given to natural juices, compotes, green tea, as well as plain purified water.
Nausea in early pregnancy will disappear if the expectant mother strictly adheres to the recommendations described above.
Fighting nausea in the first weeks of pregnancy
In addition to the above wishes, you need to add the following items:
1. Sleep more. If a woman does not get enough sleep, then nausea during pregnancy can overcome it.
2. Soothing herbs. They will not only help to normalize the state of the nervous system, but also prevent vomiting and lightheadedness. As herbs, you need to use mint, chamomile, valerian.
3. Medical sweetness. Honey will help out during the period of toxemia, and especially help to get rid of nausea. Enough to chew one spoon of this natural medicine in the morning on an empty stomach.
4. Liquids with sour. Tea with lemon or citrus juices will save from the approaching nausea.
5. If none of the methods helps, then you need to apply special medications. Just be sure to first discuss their use with your doctor.
14 week of pregnancy. Nausea at this time. How to deal with it?
1. Mint to help. Nausea during pregnancy will disappear if the girl will use mint water. To do this, one teaspoon of the plant is necessary to pour a glass of boiling water. Let it stand for about 10 minutes and drink in small portions throughout the day.
2. Drink more fluids. Mineral water “Borjomi”, “Narzan”, tea with chamomile, fennel, ginger is perfect.
3. Avoid strong smells, smoky rooms, perfumes, aromas in the kitchen.
4. No need to wear pants with a tight belt, as well as shoes with heels.
5. Daily engage in special exercises for pregnant women. Very useful in this period yoga.
Nausea at 14 weeks of pregnancy is less common than at the very beginning. But if this symptom is present, then you should not panic, it is quite normal. The main thing - to fulfill all the requirements, and then nausea will go away.
Effective herbal tea for nausea during pregnancy
Early nausea during pregnancy is characteristic of the majority of the fair sex. To alleviate the condition of the future mother, you can use the popular method of dealing with nausea, namely the preparation of decoction of herbs with its subsequent use. You will need 20 g of mint, the same yarrow and marigold flowers and 15 g of valerian root. The whole composition should be well mixed and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Set aside to insist the contents (2-3 hours). Filter and drink 3 tablespoons 6-7 times a day.
What absolutely can not do a pregnant woman with toxicosis in early pregnancy
1. Limit yourself to food. Many girls believe that if they eat less, then this symptom of toxicosis, like nausea, will pass. But just the opposite. If a woman goes hungry, she will often complain of bouts of nausea. After all, it’s not for nothing that many future moms get sick in the morning when the stomach has not yet taken food.
2. Take pills for toxicosis. It is naive to believe that such drugs can remove this symptom. And if your doctor has not prescribed appropriate medications, then you should never take them without his permission.
3. Sharply bend. Then not only nausea can interfere, but vomiting begins.
4. Smoking and drinking alcohol. Not only do these poisons adversely affect the organism of the future mother and fetus, but they are also an excellent impetus for the occurrence of nausea.
Drugs for nausea in the first trimester of pregnancy
If the recommendations and tips described above do not help, the doctor may prescribe special medicines that can dull the feeling of nausea and alleviate the condition of the expectant mother.
1. Tablets "Kokkulin." It is a homeopathic medicine that is applied to pregnant women. It is able to negate the attacks of nausea. But there are side effects in its application - tablets can cause an allergic reaction.
2. Powder "Polyphelan". This drug as a sponge absorbs all the harmful substances that have accumulated in the body. True, it also absorbs useful elements. Therefore, in parallel with it, it is necessary to take lactobacilli, which are able to restore the intestinal microflora.
3. Tablets "Zeercal". This drug is used only in extreme cases in early pregnancy. When nausea in a pregnant woman is very frequent and cannot be overcome by any means. But it is very dangerous to take this medicine in the very first months of carrying a child. Because it can lead to miscarriage.
4. Ampoules "Splenin". This medicine is safer than the previous one. It is completely of plant origin. Made from cattle spleen. But nevertheless to use it yourself without a doctor's prescription is prohibited.
From this article you have gathered important information for yourself on how to alleviate the condition of a pregnant woman in the early stages of childbearing. They learned what methods of struggle with nausea exist, and also found out that this state will pass faster and easier if you follow specific recommendations regarding nutrition and daily regimen.
Nausea during pregnancy: when does it begin and end?
Pregnancy is a wonderful and blissful state of a woman when she is expecting the birth of a little miracle.
In most cases, a woman wearing a baby’s heart doesn’t pay attention to any discomfort. But sometimes nausea can become unpleasant during the 9 months of waiting. Nausea during pregnancy appears several times, and may not appear at all. Experts can not say for sure when you will have nausea during pregnancy, and whether it will appear at all. It all depends on the features of the body of a woman.
Early nausea: Causes
The question of why nausea occurs in early pregnancy has a fairly simple answer. The body perceives your future baby as something foreign that is harmful to your health, so it tries to get rid of it in every way, as if poisoning the body and cleans itself with vomiting. That is, when the embryo has been implanted, it begins its struggle with your body for a place in it. The kid is trying in every way to keep, and the body push it.
Early nausea may occur from food, from the smell of her husband's perfume, shaving foam, from the smell of food, from the taste of toothpaste. This is due to the fact that all the feelings of women during pregnancy are sharpened and work harder than usual. You can not fight these, you just have to endure.
Early nausea: normal or not?
Nausea in the first weeks of pregnancy can only happen in the morning on an empty stomach, a woman can get sick all day, but she will not vomit, and in some cases vomiting can happen every other day. Considered normalif food is not perceived by a woman up to 5 times a day. In the presence of such a phenomenon should not be observed other ailments, such as weakness, dizziness, weight loss. If vomiting is observed, then we must not forget that it dehydrates the body, and drink as much water as possible.
Deviation from the normwhen you need to see a doctor, it is considered vomiting that occurs more than 10 times a day. This is the average degree of toxicosis. In this case, vomiting is accompanied by weakness, apathy, weight loss, fever, a decrease in pressure. Such toxicosis is treated in the hospital under the supervision of doctors.
A high degree of toxemia (severe nausea during pregnancy) is considered to be vomiting up to 20 times a day. In this case, the body is very dehydrated, and the woman loses up to 3 kg per week. A high degree is treated only under the supervision of doctors.
Second trimester: causes of nausea
Sometimes at the beginning of 4 months of pregnancy, nausea persists in women. Such a phenomenon is not terrible and dangerous, if the doctor says that the fetus is developing normally, you no longer have any ailments and vomiting is infrequent. In most cases, in the second trimester, nausea may persist, but vomiting is already stopped, as the body "resigned" to the presence of someone else in it. Hormonal storm begins to subside, and everything falls into place until the birth.
Nausea can persist from a large number blood acetone, which the body has accumulated to fight the embryo. To remove the excess acetone need to conduct drug treatment.
If toxicosis in the second trimester does not slow down, and still causes you discomfort, you should definitely tell your doctor. You may be prescribed droppers that you drop in the hospital, and then everything will be fine.
Third Trimester: Causes Nausea
Having rested from toxicosis in the second trimester, women often begin to suffer again from the feeling of nausea in the third trimester. The cause of nausea at this time is that the baby is pressing on the internal organs of the mother. Especially when the liver is hurt, the body is indignant, and this is manifested by nausea, sometimes heartburn, pain in the stomach.
A more dangerous phenomenon may be a disease such as preeclampsia. This is another name for late toxicosis when oxygen deficiency is observed.
But this phenomenon is always accompanied by other symptoms:
How to get rid of nausea during pregnancy?
How can you deal with nausea during pregnancy?
To know how to cope with nausea during pregnancy in the case of a particular woman, you need to know what could have caused the toxicosis. Nausea, as a manifestation of toxemia, can occur when pregnancy is unwanted. In this case, the body under the influence of mental processes, as it were, “rejects” the attached fruit, provokes its miscarriage. To save such a pregnancy, a woman needs the help of a psychologist. A positive attitude towards the process of carrying a child, childbirth and further life together with him will help to reduce the manifestations of toxicosis and will be the key to solving the problem of how to alleviate nausea during pregnancy.
Harmful habits of women (smoking, alcohol, drugs), as well as being in a poorly ventilated room, irregular walks in the fresh air can be the cause of hypoxia in the brain of a pregnant woman, intoxication of the body, which will be expressed by dizziness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, etc. In this case, the first thing to do during pregnancy, especially if you feel sick, is to abandon behavior that could harm the expectant mother and the development of the child.
But how to reduce nausea during pregnancy, if it is purely a manifestation of the body's adaptation to pregnancy, the result of hormonal adjustment? In the fight against morning nausea, a piece of salted cracker eaten on an empty stomach can be helped to cope or if you hold a lemon slice in your mouth. Snacks of dried fruits and nuts, tea or cookies with ginger, water with the addition of lemon juice can help in the fight against nausea. To reduce the manifestations of toxicity during pregnancy can be used funds from nausea of traditional medicine.
What to do if much sick during pregnancy?
From what can be done to not strongly sick during pregnancy, the important points are:
- Daily walks in the fresh air (at least 2 hours a day).
- Proper nutrition in small portions up to 6 times per day (without fat, spicy, smoked, without dyes and preservatives).
- Taking vitamin preparations, drinking artesian non-carbonated water (at least 1-2 liters per day)
- Positive mental attitude and moderate exercise, allowed by the doctor.
- Full rest.
Usually, compliance with these recommendations allows you to part with nausea in early pregnancy, or at least weaken its manifestations.
Folk remedies for nausea during pregnancy
Mandarin rind tincture well helps to get rid of nausea during pregnancy. The recipe is simple: finely chop the rind of 4 large ripe tangerines and pour 200 g of vodka. Insist this remedy for 20 days in a dark cool place. Take 20-25 drops before meals 3-4 times a day 30 minutes before meals. Also tincture can be prepared on water and drink instead of water or tea.
When nausea in late pregnancy helps the broth of yarrow: 1 tablespoon of grass is poured with a glass of boiling water and boiled in a water bath for 20 minutes. Then filtered and cooled. Take 1 tbsp. spoon 3 times a day.
What nausea tablets can you drink during pregnancy?
What medicines can be taken for pregnant women from nausea is determined only by the doctor in each particular case. Phytopreparations are usually prescribed for the liver (hofitol, Essentiale forte). Their action is based on the enzymatic assistance to this body, which is manifested in a better detoxification of the blood of women.
Conventional drugs for nausea are forbidden to use during pregnancy, since their action is associated with the blocking of neuromodulators and the effect on the nervous system, which is fraught with side effects.
Почему тошнит во время беременности?
Почему при беременности тошнит? Этим вопросом задается каждая женщина, которая в той или иной степени столкнулась с неприятными проявлениями токсикоза. However, the exact reasons for launching this mechanism, perhaps, no one will call. Most likely, nausea in early pregnancy is due to a combination of physical and hormonal changes that a woman's body undergoes during the first weeks after conception.
So, consider some of the most likely reasons why you feel sick during pregnancy:
- Impact on the maternal organism of a special hormone of pregnant women - hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin),
- The immunological incompatibility of the organisms of the mother and the unborn child, which is why a pregnant woman begins to produce special antibodies on him, which allegedly can cause toxicosis (as a rule, after some time, adaptation occurs, and discomfort of toxicosis completely disappears)
- The impact of another pregnancy hormone - estrogen (an increase in its level is also noted in the first weeks of pregnancy),
- Increased individual susceptibility to odors,
- Chronic diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract,
- Emotional upheavals and experiences, as well as rejection of one’s own state (for example, such negative emotions as fear of childbirth, unfounded fears for their unborn baby, etc., can worsen the situation)
- Disruption of the normal interaction of the central nervous system with the internal organs of a pregnant woman.
How long does the syndrome last?
You can determine the occurrence of pregnancy from the first day of the delay of menstruation. For this, it is enough to carry out several tests that are purchased at a pharmacy.
Manifestations of nausea occur later, and in some women are completely absent.
To a greater degree they are disturbing in the morning, and its first signs appear from 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.
Nausea in early pregnancy lasts up to 12 weeks. But if diseases or disorders of the gastrointestinal organs are present, this syndrome may last.
Doctors believe that the early manifestation of nausea suggests that it will alarm the future mother constantly. And to get rid of it, you may need medical intervention.
But do not forget that nausea in the early stages appears on an empty stomach, therefore, exclude all types of diets, providing the future mother's body with a full-fledged diet.
This will not only reduce nausea, but also provide the mother and baby with all the necessary vitamins and beneficial elements.
Visiting doctors, future mothers suffering from toxicosis, often ask the doctor a lot of questions.
They ask how permanent nausea during pregnancy is eliminated, what to do to reduce it, and whether there is a remedy that helps to fight this symptom.
What doctors recommend to do to eliminate nausea:
- All these questions physicians unanimously declare that pregnancy planning should be carried out in advance. Both partners undergo a medical examination and give up all bad habits. Reception of additional vitamin complexes will help to prevent deficiency of useful substances. It is important to drink them not only during the development of the fetus, but also before conception.
- To cope with nausea will adjust the power. The habitual diet can cause nausea due to the presence in it of harmful substances, emulsifiers and flavor enhancers. And the use of fried, fatty, sweet and flour food only aggravates the situation. That is why it is so important to monitor healthy eating at this time.
- Women in a position often feel sick from sharp odors. During the carrying of the child, you need to get rid of these stimuli. These include all perfumes, household chemicals and other odors.
- It is recommended every day to play sports. Enough to do exercises, or take a walk in the fresh air, and nausea will recede. Physical activity greatly enhances blood circulation, after which the woman feels better.
But all these exercises can be done in the absence of contraindications. A regular walk helps to oxygenate all the cells in the body, which has a very positive effect on the development of the fetus.
How to eliminate nausea
But if a woman adhered to all the rules during pregnancy, and nausea is still present, why is this happening?
The answer to this question lies in the individual characteristics of the body, so you should take care of how to reduce nausea during pregnancy.
If, when carrying a baby, you are very sick, you may have to try a lot of methods. Which one is the most effective, each expectant mother will determine for herself.
Sometimes quite simple methods help get rid of nausea, but in other cases, it does not go away at all and hurts every day.
What to do if sick during pregnancy:
- Drinking mode. Purified water can effectively deal with nausea during pregnancy, especially in the morning. Carrying water is recommended at any time. When nausea appears, it is enough to take a few sips to eliminate the gagging urge. Drink it in pure form, and with the addition of lemon or ginger.
- Frequent meals. At all stages of pregnancy, it is not recommended to take long breaks between meals. There is a need to fractional, without ignoring breakfast in the morning. You can not stay without power for a long time. It should be regular, but in small quantities.
- Between meals do snacks. In the early stages of pregnancy can not remain for a long time without food. Her absence provokes an increased secretion of gastric juice, then the woman becomes sick. That is why snacking is important. In this quality, suitable seeds, bread, fruit or nuts.
- Use of natural chewing agents. If nausea does not give rest, especially in early pregnancy, it is recommended to chew various natural roots. For example, ginger, anise, cumin or carrots. Perfectly copes with its task fennel, mint or dill.
- Acceptance of acidic products. If nausea is disturbing in the morning every day, you can try to eliminate it with acidic foods. You need to eat more lemons, apples, mandarin, oranges and kiwi. Various berries and juices are allowed.
- Protein breakfast. To nausea did not torment the whole day, you should have a protein breakfast. That is why it is useful to eat eggs, cottage cheese and cheese for breakfast.
- Limit coffee consumption. Nausea can occur with a large amount of consumption of coffee drinks. Do not drink them every day. Also caffeine is present in tea, chocolate and some medicines.
- Healthy sleep. Nausea is treated with proper rest and healthy sleep. And stress and overvoltage provoke poor health.
- Fresh air. In addition to walking, regular airing of the room is recommended. In the presence of oxygen, nausea goes away.
- Good mood and positive emotions. The influence of external factors plays an important role. Nausea can pass on its own, subject to the comfort and feeling of good mood. A pregnant woman should be surrounded with such care and a positive aura, in which she will forget about the existence of toxicosis in general.
- Reception of vitamin B. Healthy food is important for good health. Taking a vitamin complex with vitamin B, nausea passes. The same situation with the reception of zinc.
- Pleasant aroma. Some women with toxicosis use special aromatic oils. But here you should be careful. Some, especially sweet smells, can increase the symptoms of toxicosis.
Therefore, carefully choose your favorite flavor. Often all tart smells and aromas of citrus fruits are suitable.
To eliminate such unpleasant symptoms of toxemia, like nausea, you can use various methods of struggle. But each organism is individual, so every pregnant woman will have his own method.
Before using any medications or vitamin complexes, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Self-medication is harmful because it harms not only the health of the expectant mother, but her child.
Factors that increase the risk of nausea during pregnancy
It is difficult to explain why, during pregnancy, most often women feel sick:
- They suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver, as well as chronic diseases of the reproductive system,
- Have problems with the endocrine system,
- Have had abortions,
- Possess asthenic body type,
- Used before pregnancy, a large amount of junk food.
Also, nausea during pregnancy with a high probability occurs in women who have been exposed to toxemia while waiting for the previous child, as well as those whose mothers and grandmothers faced a similar problem during the bearing of their children.
Second Trimester Nausea Pregnancy
If nausea in the second trimester still persists, but it is no longer accompanied by vomiting (or emetic urges rarely occur), then it is considered as a variant of the norm. This condition is not dangerous for either the mother or the baby. And if the baby develops normally and in accordance with the established periods of pregnancy, you should not be afraid. In most cases, nausea during pregnancy is due to excessive accumulation of acetone in the woman's body, which is associated with a reaction to the appearance of the embryo. Drug treatment allows it.
Nausea in late pregnancy
Nausea in late pregnancy is also considered to be quite common. Most often, it is provoked by the displacement of the internal organs of the mother and the compression of their enlarged uterus. When the baby begins to put pressure on the liver, heartburn and pain in the stomach area are added to nausea in late pregnancy.
In the absence of deviations in the analysis of such a state is considered normal. However, if the level of protein in the urine increases, edemas and dizziness appear, pressure increases, they are already talking about the development of gestosis.
Good evening, I have nausea, and in vomiting I drink pills does not help, please tell me which pills to drink.
Good day to you!
In this condition, water helps with lemon and / or ginger.
You need to eat often and little by little.
From drugs - you can try Emegest, Essentiale (if there is no allergy).
It would be better if you turn to the on-site consultation with a gynecologist with this question.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Good day. Please tell me my pregnancy is 5-6 weeks, nausea is round-the-clock, but there is no vomiting, I can’t look at food I can’t have enough strength to endure it. To tears. Tell me how to ease? ((
Good day to you!
Take Emegest, if it does not become easier within 4-5 days, then Essentiale.
Toxicosis will pass with time - this is the adaptation of the organism to a new state.
Easy pregnancy and childbirth!
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
And Essentiale can be used for toxemia?
Good day to you!
But it is advisable to consult with a gastroenterologist or gynecologist, leading your pregnancy.
Sincerely, gynecologist Tatiana.
Good afternoon! Say whether you are caressing chi normally those nausea manifested on the fourth month vagnosti?
Good luck to you an hour!
If you’re getting into trouble with a gastroenterologist, you can get rid of the problem with a pathologist, izano with the pathology of the chopper boneworm, shloonka abo pechninki.
At the Priyom to Lіkarya Krashte іti with the results of ultrasonic CPP (to be timid).
On my way, lіkar gynecologist Tetyana.
Tell me what to do, the 9th week of pregnancy, there was a very creepy toxicosis, they prescribed Emegest, it seems to have become easier, but it takes two or three days and a whole day of vomiting, I can not eat anything at all. How to be in this situation?
Please advise. I have 6 weeks, headaches and nausea torment. The pressure is 150/90. The account has not yet risen. What to do?
It is believed that late toxicosis is dangerous for the health of the mother and baby. However, this is not always the case. It is possible to talk about danger only if other symptoms join the nausea, such as high blood pressure or edema. In this case, doctors diagnose preeclampsia.
If nausea is not accompanied by similar symptoms, then, most likely, it is caused by the pressure of the growing uterus on the stomach. This state goes away when the stomach sinks, at about 35-38 weeks gestation.
In addition, intestinal peristalsis is impaired, which leads to difficulty emptying it and constipation. This often causes intoxication of the body, the woman begins to feel sick. That is why it is so important to monitor the work of the digestive tract during pregnancy.
Nausea in late pregnancy is often associated with food intake, especially with large portions of it. Therefore, to eat at this time is fractional and often to relieve the stomach.
Not all women are prone to manifestations of toxicosis. Those who experience nausea, deal with it is not so easy. However, it is possible to somewhat alleviate your condition. Doctors say that it is important to establish a daily regimen and nutrition for the pregnant woman. You can not neglect breakfast, because many sick because of an empty stomach. Sometimes, even if any food in the morning is disgusting, a portion of porridge or omelette is able to relieve discomfort.
The crouton on the bedside table from the evening helps a lot. This is an excellent tool that allows you to suppress nausea before it appears. In addition, honey copes well with this task. Taken on an empty stomach, it envelops the stomach, and the subsequent food intake does not seem so scary.
Nausea during pregnancy often occurs due to increased salivation. In this case, it is recommended not to swallow saliva, so as not to provoke the appearance of an even greater indisposition, which leads to vomiting. Scarves or special containers for biological fluids come to the rescue. For ethical reasons, pregnant women rarely use this recommendation, but it greatly facilitates attacks of toxicosis.
In late periods it is not recommended to lie on your back, especially after eating: the fetus, pressing on the stomach, causes severe nausea. An hour after eating, the doctors advise you to take a knee-elbow posture in order to free the stomach and help food move further. But bend immediately after a meal is not worth it: it can cause sudden vomiting.
In severe cases, when nausea is accompanied by constant vomiting, the doctor may prescribe medications. This happens only after a survey and delivery of the necessary tests.
Dietary advice for toxicosis
Nutrition plays a huge role during pregnancy, so you need to properly organize a diet and carefully monitor the diet and the body's response to certain products:
- eat preferably often in small portions,
- avoid annoying smells and tastes
- it is better to have breakfast in bed, in a reclining position, especially in late pregnancy,
- With a strong nausea attack, sour and salty foods help: apples, pomegranates, sauerkraut, pickles,
- eliminate fried and spicy foods, so as not to burden the stomach,
- include in the diet of proteins and complex carbohydrates: they provide extra energy and help to reduce the manifestations of toxicosis,
- give preference to light dishes that satisfy hunger well: soups, yogurts, kefir and other things,
- Avoid products that cause unpleasant sensations by smell, appearance or taste, even if they are very healthy products.
- replace the minerals and vitamins that the body lacks from food with vitamin complexes recommended and specially designed for pregnant women.
Currently, there are many drugs that help to cope with nausea. During pregnancy, however, the use of most of them is highly undesirable. When the above recommendations do not help, you can resort to folk remedies.
Folk methods of getting rid of nausea
Folk healers are advised to drink as much liquid as possible during the manifestations of toxicosis, preferring sour cranberry, lingonberry, black currant mors. These vitamin drinks are very useful, in addition, they quickly cope with nausea.
Lemon or ginger, added to tea, can suppress rising nausea. It should be remembered that this is quite allergenic products and apply them very carefully.
Not bad help melissa and peppermint, brewed as a tea. With a strong malaise for the fastest effect, you can pick off and chew a leaf of any of these plants. With the same purpose, many use mint lozenges, which also significantly improve the condition.
Collection of herbs for nausea, allowed during pregnancy
Mint, marigold, yarrow herb - 2 tsp.
Valerian Root - 1 tsp.
Pour a mixture of herbs half a liter of boiling water, insist half an hour, strain. Drink two sips in 2-3 hours. Drink infusion for up to three weeks, after which a two-week break is taken. Then the course can be repeated.
Some women note improvements with aromatherapy using lemon, orange, grapefruit or lime essential oils. A drop of the selected oil is dripped onto a handkerchief and inhaled as soon as they feel unwell. При использовании эфирных масел во время беременности следует быть очень осторожным, так как иногда возникает аллергическая реакция, приводящая к спазму бронхов.
Состояния, вызывающие тревогу
With mild ailment, when nausea does not turn into vomiting, there are no other symptoms, special treatment is not required. Enough to relax a bit so that the discomfort is over. If nausea ends with moderate vomiting up to 2-3 times a day, you should consult a doctor who will conduct an examination and give general recommendations on the lifestyle of the pregnant woman.
Vomiting more than 3 times a day is already a pathological condition. It threatens with dehydration, general malaise and requires inpatient treatment. These symptoms accompanying nausea should be taken into account:
- sharp weight loss
- lowering or increasing blood pressure
- stomach ache,
- temperature rise,
- upset stool.
These conditions indicate a strong intoxication of the body and can be both manifestations of toxicosis and the result of poisoning. In any case, in the presence of these symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor, since the consequences for the health of the mother and fetus can be quite serious.
The causes of nausea during pregnancy, as we see, depend on the time and general condition of the woman. Understand them yourself is not worth it, trust the identification of the causes and the appointment of treatment is only a specialist.
Is it always sick during pregnancy
Morning nausea, malaise, a keen desire to eat something salty from ancient times were referred to as early signs of pregnancy. The first mention of these symptoms is found in the manuscripts of the ancient Egyptians 4 thousand years ago. And now, nausea and even early vomiting are very frequent complications of pregnancy. According to various sources, from 50 to 80% of women face this problem.
Depending on the deterioration during pregnancy, toxicosis is divided into several degrees:
- Nausea is considered normal if it does not impair the quality of life of the expectant mother, occurs 1-2 times a day for a short time, ends before the 13th week of pregnancy.
- Mild degree is characterized by a satisfactory condition of the woman, she begins to feel sick from smells or food. Vomiting happens less than 5 times a day.
- The average degree is diagnosed if the complication begins to affect weight. Pregnant sick after eating, and with vomiting, she loses most of the calories. Because of the dramatic weight loss in the urine, acetone can be detected, the risk of dehydration is high. The general condition does not allow for normal life, the frequency of vomiting - up to 10 times.
- Severe is characterized by constant nausea, the inability to eat normally. Vomiting occurs with any change in body position. Without treatment, a woman faces exhaustion, dehydration, and there is a high probability of abortion. All types of metabolism are violated, fever, pulse increase are possible.
The average and severe degree of toxemia is detected in approximately 15% of pregnant women in the early stages, in other women nausea is mild and does not require inpatient treatment. The condition can be improved at home with the help of power correction and other simple measures.
When nausea attacks begin and go away
Normally, nausea occurs during the period of woman's adaptation to pregnancy. The first unpleasant symptoms usually fall on the 6th week of pregnancy (meaning obstetric term, which is calculated from the last menstruation). What week begins to feel sick, depending on the age of the mother and the number of embryos. Nausea in an adult woman with twins can begin by 4 weeks when the pregnancy is not yet confirmed.
By about 10 weeks nausea reaches a peak, then the condition gradually improves. Usually it stops nausea by week 13, that is, by the end of the first trimester. In rare cases, toxicity affects the beginning of the 2nd trimester. As a rule, the adaptation process, and with it nausea, ends by week 16.
Why is a woman sick during pregnancy
The reasons why sick during pregnancy, differ radically in different periods. In 1 trimester, the cause is usually toxicosis. Later symptoms of nausea are often associated with a disease. Nausea in the 2nd trimester in the overwhelming majority of cases (95%) is the result of pyelonephritis, hepatitis, pancreatitis, duodenitis, cholecystitis, or other diseases, so a woman needs a thorough examination. If all indicators are normal, supportive therapy is prescribed: vitamins, in severe cases intravenous fluids, parenteral nutrition. It is most dangerous when it begins to feel sick during pregnancy in the 3rd trimester. Such nausea can be a symptom of a serious complication - preeclampsia.
Mild nausea is normal only at the beginning of pregnancy. All other cases require medical intervention.
In the early stages
Usually, nausea in the early stages is regarded as a side effect associated with a change in the balance of hormones: estrogens, gestagens, thyroxin. The level of human chorionic gonadotropin from the first days of pregnancy increases hundreds of thousands of times. Naturally, such changes can not affect the state of health. Nausea occurs as a result of the irritating effect of hormones on the vomiting center, which is located in the medulla. As soon as the body gets used to the changes, the symptoms disappear. Sensitivity to hormones is individual, so nausea can be mild or severe.
Currently, discussions continue to explain the causes of nausea during pregnancy. A final understanding of the etiology of toxicosis does not yet exist.
Most popular theories:
- Nausea during pregnancy is associated with an unsatisfactory state of the body before pregnancy. It is known that future mothers with chronic diseases of the liver and gastrointestinal tract in early pregnancy feel worse. Also predisposing to toxicosis disorders are considered chronic fatigue syndrome, nutritional deficiencies and beriberi, for example, due to a long-term diet.
- The degree of nausea associated with the adaptive capacity of the organism. Women over 35 when pregnancy begins to feel sick earlier, toxemia lasts longer. The same can be said about mothers who are not expecting the first child. The timing of when nausea begins, and after how many weeks it stops, can be influenced by a hereditary factor. If the majority of female relatives suffered from severe toxicosis, the risk of this complication is much higher.
- An interesting version - the constant nausea during pregnancy may be associated with psychogenic factors. It provokes her fear of childbirth, which a woman may not be aware of. The situation is worsened by negative emotions, increased anxiety, and depressive states in the anamnesis.
- Toxicosis during pregnancy may be caused by the increased sensitivity of the mother to the fetus. The child’s genes are half paternal, which means that an immune conflict is possible, which causes nausea. As soon as immunological tolerance develops, the unpleasant symptoms disappear.
The abrupt cessation of nausea in the early stages may be due to a non-developing pregnancy. This pathology is confirmed by ultrasound and analysis of hCG. If fetal death was not diagnosed on time and a miscarriage did not occur, the mother's body is intoxicated with decay products, and nausea can recur. Also, a woman with a frozen pregnancy feels chills, severe weakness, she has a fever, possible bleeding.
On late terms
Many problems of the end of pregnancy are connected with the compression of organs by the growing uterus. This problem is especially worried about future moms with polyhydramnios, large children and multiple pregnancies.
Nausea in late pregnancy (more than 28 weeks) occurs when the stomach, intestines and liver are forced to change their usual position. The volume of the stomach decreases, it can overflow with even a small amount of food. Stretching of the stomach is accompanied by nausea, the woman feels overwhelmed. If partially digested food is thrown into the esophagus, heartburn begins.
A characteristic sign of compression of the digestive tract organs is nausea in the evenings, immediately after eating. Symptoms are reduced if you eat often and in small portions. Before childbirth, when the stomach sinks and the pressure on the internal organs decreases, nausea disappears.
Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy can be caused by pathological causes, the main of which is gestosis. At the stages of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia, nausea occurs due to intoxication of the body, which in turn develops due to deterioration of the kidneys and other organs. The characteristic signs of onset of preeclampsia in addition to nausea are edema, headache, high pressure, protein in the urine.
How long does nausea occur during pregnancy?
Many women rush to the pharmacy for the test, when they begin to feel very sick in the morning. If, together with nausea and vomiting, there is a delay in the menstrual cycle, this indicates that the conception has occurred, and after nine months a small miracle will be born. In other words, nausea during gestation occurs immediately after the fertilized egg is fixed in the uterus. The body begins to seriously prepare for childbearing, the level of estrogen and prolactin in the blood significantly increases, which causes a feeling of discomfort.
Nausea during pregnancy is a frequent occurrence not only in early but also in later periods. If it is not accompanied by dizziness, fever, frequent drops in blood pressure, pain in the abdomen and stomach, abundant watery vomiting, and bleeding, then do not worry. This condition is not caused by pathology, but is considered the norm. Gynecologists in this case can advise safe means that will help reduce the feeling of discomfort and alleviate the condition of the future mother.
Morning nausea during pregnancy is often observed at 5-6 weeks. The earlier it starts, the harder the toxicosis is and the more likely it is that it will develop into excessive vomiting, requiring professional medical treatment. How much nausea lasts in carrying a child depends largely on the following factors:
- the presence of chronic gastroenterological diseases,
- single or multiple pregnancy,
- the period of occurrence of the first manifestations of toxicosis.
With singleton pregnancy, nausea disappears in 11-12 weeks, with twins and triplets - only after 14-16 weeks. If the sensation arose in the second or third trimester, then the expectant mother should understand that her condition will be relieved only after 35 weeks, when the stomach before childbirth drops. To eliminate the feeling of discomfort, use drugs and folk remedies without prior consultation with your doctor can not, otherwise you can harm the fetus.
It is important to note that not all women may have a period of gestation with toxemia with nausea, vomiting, abundant salivation, heartburn. A certain percentage of expectant mothers tolerates the restructuring of the body and changes in it easily, without a sense of discomfort and without suffering from toxicosis. In such a situation, a woman should not worry if she is not sick during pregnancy - this is not a deviation, but a normal phenomenon, due to the fact that each organism is individual and endures certain changes in different ways.
Feeling nauseous can have varying degrees of intensity. Expectant mothers feel sick before breakfast in the morning than during the day and evening. This is due to the fact that the senses work in an enhanced mode, the stomach actively produces enzymes, which leads to an imbalance. Stir can from the pungent odors of perfumes, cosmetics, food, sharp movements.
Causes of nausea during pregnancy
So why is it sick during pregnancy? There are several answers to this question. But to be honest, none of them is 100% truthful. Another mystery of the nature of the female body. However, scientists do not sit with folded arms, and all the time they put forward a lot of different theories, which are supported by a number of studies and surveys.
For example, studies by Canadian scientists have shown that children, “from whom mothers are sick,” have high intellectual abilities. Researchers suggest that hormones that cause morning sickness have a positive and positive effect on the development of the brain of the unborn child.
A professor of neuroscience at Cornell University, Paul Sherman, also asserts the benefits of “pregnant” nausea. He believes that it is nausea and vomiting that help the mother's body to protect itself from harmful substances, thereby saving the fetus from damage and protecting the mother from miscarriage. Toxicosis is usually manifested in the first months of pregnancy - it is then that the systems of the main organs of the fetus develop. And now the “wise” woman’s body tries to throw out all that is harmful and useless.
The most common and most probable cause of toxicosis is an increase in the level of pregnancy hormones in the female body. Nausea can be the result of impaired activity of the internal organs and the nervous system. It has also been proven that stress and emotional distress exacerbate toxicosis.
Symptoms of nausea during early pregnancy
A woman finds out about her interesting position at about 4-5 weeks. At the same time, the first signs of early toxicosis appear. In addition to weakness, the constant desire to sleep and irritability, the future mother begins to be disturbed by nausea, vomiting and the aggravation of smell.
Many pregnant women suffer from nausea in early pregnancy to delay. The reasons for this phenomenon are rather difficult to explain. Perhaps this is due to fear and feelings or self-suggestion.
The main symptoms of nausea during pregnancy in the early stages:
- Vomiting. Doctors allocate several forms of vomiting:
- lightweight It is characterized by infrequent gagging (up to five per day). During the week, the expectant mother can lose 1-3 kg. Her general condition is normal. Perhaps the appearance of apathy. Changes in analyzes are not fixed,
- average. The number of vomiting attacks is increased up to 10 times a day, the metabolism is disturbed. In seven days, the expectant mother can lose up to 5 kg. Pressure may drop and heart palpitations increase. If you start treatment on time, the prognosis will be favorable,
- heavy This form is accompanied by dizziness and nausea in early pregnancy. The frequency of emetic attacks reaches twenty times a day. There is a sleep disturbance, fluid and water do not linger in the stomach. A pregnant woman loses weight dramatically, feels dry tongue. From the mouth there is a sharp smell of acetone,
- Dermatosis Cases of its occurrence are much less common. Often it is manifested by itchy skin,
- Choking or bronchial asthma. The disease is severe and is accompanied by a dry cough,
- Increased salivation. May appear as an independent pathology or with vomiting.
A mild form of nausea does not require treatment and goes away with time. Nausea without vomiting may occur in early pregnancy. This happens often on an empty stomach or in the morning. To remove the unpleasant feeling, just eat a little.
However, there are a number of symptoms that indicate the need to go to a health facility and be examined:
- vomiting seizures occur more often 10 times a day,
- fever and nausea in early pregnancy,
- heartbeat quickens,
- future mom is rapidly losing weight.
If you have these symptoms, you should consult with a specialist and receive treatment.
Diagnosis of nausea during early pregnancy
To determine the diagnosis of nausea for pregnant women professionals is not difficult. To determine the degree and severity of the disease, the expectant mother needs to be examined and tested. As a result, the doctor will be able to determine the content of bilirubin in the blood, sodium, potassium, glucose, nitrogen, protein, and protein fractions. In urine, the doctor determines the levels of protein, acetone, bile pigments and urobilin. In terms of Ht, you can determine how dehydrated the future mother's body is.
Instrumental diagnosis of nausea includes:
- Ultrasound. Examination of the abdominal cavity will assess the condition of not only the biliary tract and gall bladder, as well as the intestines, kidneys, pancreas,
- acidity test. The study will show the level of acidity in the body. If the study showed that the pH of the stomach is not more than 2.0, this indicates the presence of gastroenterological diseases or inflammatory processes,
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy. It is a procedure that allows a specialist to assess the state of the surface of the stomach, esophagus and duodenum. To do this, use a special tool - an endoscope. Conducted in case of urgent need.
Treatment of nausea during early pregnancy
The expectant mothers are worried about the main question, what to do and how to get rid of nausea in early pregnancy. There are many effective ways to deal with this problem. However, do not self-medicate. Чтобы не навредить себе и будущему ребёнку, лучше пройти обследование и следовать рекомендациям лечащего врача.
Методы лечения тошноты при беременности на ранних сроках
Лечение тошноты подразумевает под собой устранение причины её появления. Его основная цель – восстановить метаболизм, водно-солевой обмен, наладить работу важных органов. Severe and moderate vomiting is treated in the hospital. You can get rid of mild nausea on an outpatient basis.
To eliminate nausea in the evening during pregnancy in the early stages, the diet of a pregnant woman should be reviewed first. Food should be taken in small portions about 3-4 times a day, chilled.
Drug treatment involves the use of drugs that will help eliminate nausea and vomiting:
- Motilium. The drug is used for violations of the motility of the digestive system and severe bouts of nausea. It has an antiemetic and anti-nausea action, blocking dopamine receptors in neuron cells. Contraindications to the use of: internal bleeding, epilepsy, pain in the abdomen, high blood pressure. According to the instructions, the daily dose of the drug is 1-2 tablets, the intake should be divided into 3 times. Take Motilium necessary after meals,
- Zeercal. Helps to get rid of the constant nausea during pregnancy in the early stages. Used with frequent vomiting, nausea, stomach cramps. The dosage is prescribed by the attending physician individually. Since the drug can adversely affect the condition of the fetus. The average daily dose is 10-15 mg 2-3 times. Side effects: dry mouth, weakness, apathy, muscle spasms. If a woman followed the recommendations of a specialist and took the drug correctly, as a result her overall condition will significantly improve, the intestinal work will accelerate,
- Regidron Diarrhea and nausea in early pregnancy lead to the removal of large amounts of fluid from the body. To restore it, doctors prescribe this drug. The daily dose of the drug is 30/60 ml of solution per kilogram of weight. Per liter of warm water enough 1 sachet of the drug. It is forbidden to add sugar or its substitutes to the resulting solution, since they will reduce the therapeutic effect. Despite the fact that the drug is safe, it is better to take it under the supervision of a physician,
- Polyphepane It is an enterosorbing agent that helps with diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, has a detoxification effect. It is taken one hour before meals. Pregnant women are not allowed to take the drug themselves. The doctor, after examining, sets the dosage and duration of treatment.
Physical procedures are carried out to eliminate nausea and vomiting in the early stages of pregnancy. Physiotherapy treatment includes:
- Endonasal electrophoresis. For the procedure used vitamins B,
- Electroplating of the brain.
Conducting these procedures helps to suppress the activity of the vomiting center in the brain.
Efficacy of traditional medicine for nausea
To get rid of unpleasant symptoms, many resort to popular treatment. The most effective means to combat nausea during pregnancy in the early stages of the morning or evening is different:
- cranberry juice. To make juice, you need to wash and grind about 150-200 grams of cranberries. Frayed berries are poured boiling water and boil for ten minutes. In juice you can add lemon juice and sugar. Drink remedy should be when the first emetic urges,
- potato juice. Potatoes must be crushed with a blender or meat grinder. The resulting liquid is taken with nausea after eating in early pregnancy about 2 tablespoons,
- To get rid of heartburn and nausea in early pregnancy, the use of pumpkin juice or seeds is recommended.
Nausea at night during early pregnancy causes sleep disturbance and irritability. To get rid of unpleasant sensations, you can turn to herbal treatments. The most effective and safe decoction melissa. At 1 liter of water used 6 tbsp. l grass Melis should pour boiling water and insist for 3 hours. Take a decoction of 0.5 cups 4-5 times a day.
Tea from mint (20 g), valerian root (15 g), marigold flowers (20 g) and millennial (20 g) also helps well. Mix herbs with boiling water (0.5 l) and infuse for 3 hours. After tea, you need to filter and take 6 times a day for three tablespoons.
Another good tool that helps to forget about nausea and vomiting in the first trimester of pregnancy is fennel. It improves digestion and soothes the stomach. To prepare the broth, you need to brew 1 teaspoon in a glass of boiling water. After 10 minutes, the broth should be carefully drained. You can add honey or lemon juice.
Homeopathic medicines for nausea
Many experts prefer to prescribe homeopathic remedies that reduce gagging and facilitate the overall condition of the future mother. Today from homeopathy the following drugs are most popular:
- Kokkulin. Tablets eliminate nausea and prevent vomiting, improve appetite. Per day, take two tablets three times a day. The drug has no side effects. Contraindications include individual intolerance,
- Sepia. The product was developed on the basis of dried cuttlefish ink. The tool is prescribed for vomiting, constant nausea, constipation and pain. The duration of the course of treatment and the dose is established by the attending physician.
- Ipecacuanha. The tool helps to get rid of severe nausea and excessive salivation. The drug is taken three times a day. Dose determined by a specialist
- Kolhikum. When nausea from eating and chills, the drug is recommended to take three balls three times a day (grains).