What kind of candles during menopause to choose? This is a frequently asked question. We will understand it in more detail.
With age, the female body begins to undergo major changes associated with the extinction of reproductive functions. The organs of the pelvic area are usually affected. During this period, material exchange is destabilized, and the sex organs, in turn, gradually atrophy. Subsequently, the skin loses its elasticity, dryness occurs with discomfort in the intimate area. For local therapy of dry female genital organs, gynecologists prescribe medicinal suppositories. Menopause candles are especially popular because they are easy to use and effective. Modern pharmaceuticals presented a large selection of such funds.
Indications for use of these drugs
Candles with menopause are assigned in the following situations:
- In the case of pathological climax, which develops due to the removal of the uterus, chemotherapeutic drugs or radiation therapy.
- Against the background of menopause, occurred in women younger than forty years.
- Against the background of too pronounced signs of menopause.
- With the development of complications and diseases that have arisen on the background of menopause, we are talking about hypertension, atherosclerosis, polycystic ovary, vaginal dryness, urinary incontinence, and so on.
- If there is a personal desire of the patient to eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
The reasons for the appointment of drugs in this group
Candles with menopause prescribed in a number of the following cases:
- Because of drug therapy. During this period, most women resort to the use of various medications. Some suitable hormonal replacement, while others simply treat certain age-related diseases. A significant proportion of drugs during this period provokes the absence of a lubricant in women.
- Against the background of poor blood circulation. At the climacteric stage, circulatory disorders often occur, because of this, blood flow to the organs of the pelvic region is extremely weakened. For these reasons, the tissues, as a rule, do not receive the necessary nutrition, and the mucous becomes thinner. As a consequence, the secretions of the glands cease to be secreted, or it is secreted in small quantities.
- Because of the nervous shocks. The onset of menopause is stressful for a woman. On the basis of this factor, experiences arise along with fears of aging and the upcoming stage, which will bring discomfort into your normal life. This may affect the body's work, including the secretory functions of the mucous membranes.
- The consequence of improper lifestyle. The reluctance of women to give up bad habits is extremely negative for the body. Primarily affected by women and changing genitals. Smoking and alcohol lead to impaired blood circulation, which, as noted, leads to various problems. Failure to adhere to a healthy lifestyle, along with improper diet, consumption of fatty and spicy foods, lack of oxygen also leads to the onset of early menopause. At the same time, a weakened female body may simply not be able to cope with its functions, it will give an unpleasant symptom to know about itself.
- The effect of hygiene products. Irritant chemical components that are in the composition of cosmetic products that fall on the mucous membranes, are also capable of causing dry menopause, which would require the use of appropriate candles. For this reason, it is required to pay attention to the choice of intimate hygiene products during menopause.
- Infectious diseases are also provocateurs. For example, these are often venereal diseases that can attack women at the time of menopause, when the immune system is particularly weak.
The advantages of using candles in this difficult period
Candles for menopause have become very popular due to its characteristics:
- Simplicity and ease of use.
- The absence of negative effects on hormonal balance in the female body.
- Lack of systemic exposure.
- Pronounced anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, nourishing, moisturizing and firming properties.
How do suppositories work?
Medical suppositories for menopause quickly remove any uncomfortable sensations, helping to restore the water level and acid balance. Many such drugs effectively normalize the production of the necessary secretion, helping to eliminate inflammation along with a sensation of itching and burning.
How to use candles for menopause in gynecology?
Method of use of candles
So, candles are the most convenient pharmaceutical form for treatment. Due to vaginal administration, the drug is in direct contact with the mucous membrane, providing the desired therapeutic effect. The number of suppositories (depending on the drug) often does not exceed one per day. But any dosing assignments must be made exclusively by a doctor.
Candles with itching during menopause can be hormonal or differ completely natural origin. Hormonal suppositories have an effect that is alternative to the function of female hormones, especially estrogens, and directly affects the secretion of mucous membrane, causing it to produce the required amount of lubricant secretion.
Non-hormonal candles during menopause moisturize the integument and perform an action similar to natural lubrication. For example, candles when they enter the warm environment of the vagina immediately melt, simulating the effect of the secret, simultaneously stimulate the glands.
Features of the selection and use of candles
In the event that it becomes necessary to use vaginal suppositories for menopause of dryness, you should pay attention to the following nuances:
- It is necessary to give preference to candles that have a neutral acid balance. Tocopherol (the so-called vitamin E) helps to maintain a healthy state of the epithelium and moisturize the mucous membranes.
- Attention should be paid to whether the candle composition includes the necessary antibacterial substance.
- Should be guided by the amount of wax and fat contained. They must be part of, the more they will be, the better.
- It is necessary to make a choice in favor of those candles, which include certain medicinal components, especially D-panthenol.
- It is necessary to abandon medical products with a sharp aroma. Any additional chemistry for women during this period will not be beneficial, but rather, on the contrary, it will greatly harm.
- You only need to choose candles designed specifically for use during menopause.
Rules for the use of these suppositories
During the use of candles, you must also follow these rules:
- Use candles only after hygienic cleansing of the intimate area. To do this, only PH-neutral products are required.
- From the beginning, women with menopause should be administered with exceptionally clean hands.
How to choose candles correctly?
Whatever candle a woman chooses, they have one goal - it is to eliminate dryness in the organs of the pelvic area. In addition, candles during menopause help maintain the water balance of the mucous membranes and stabilize the production of lubricant.
The main cause of these disorders in menopause is dystrophy of the female genital organs. Therefore, in order to achieve a greater effect, it is necessary to turn to means that do not just eliminate discomfort for a while, but to those that solve the problem fundamentally.
Hormonal candles during menopause
These tools include candles, which are made on the basis of hormones. They have a number of different contraindications, but, with the exception of this negative factor, they give the greatest effectiveness.
Perhaps suppositories called "Ovestin" can rightly be considered the most common. Their main active ingredient is the hormone estriol, which simulates the action of estrogen. It has a local impact and a positive effect on the vagina, urethra, uterus, vulva and restores their microflora. This drug has an accelerated effect, in addition, it is effective in the first week of use. Use this medicine to eliminate unpleasant symptoms, and in addition, for prevention.
German candles called Estrokad are also based on estriol. The action of these suppositories is aimed at restoring the thickness of the mucous membrane, and in addition, to normalize the work of its secretory functions.
Candles "Ovipol Clio" have a greater concentration of estriol. The drug "Ortho-ginest" contributes to the development of secretion of the vaginal walls and cervix. These candles produce a powerful moisturizing effect.
Not in demand are non-hormonal candles during menopause. They include natural ingredients that simulate the effects of beta-estradiol. Their effects are similar to hormonal drugs for menopause, but there is a difference, which consists in natural origin and in the absence of a large number of contraindications to use. Also in the composition of these suppositories included a whole set of beneficial vitamins and minerals. Non-hormonal candles include:
- The drug called "Klimaktol-antikan", it consists of sea buckthorn oil, and in addition, Melissa, Valerian, hops, and at the same time their homeopathic essences.
- The drug "Revitaksa" is made on the basis of calendula extract. It also contains aloe along with tea tree oil extract, centella and hyaluronic acid.
- Also among the candles with a natural composition include "Vagikal" along with "Femina" and "Zikatridinom."
Reviews of candles during menopause
We learn what women think about these drugs.
Statistics show that the dryness that occurs in the vagina and genitals during the period of menopause overcomes almost seventy percent of women, and this problem cannot be solved by a healthy lifestyle alone. Very often, to eliminate this symptom, specialists can resort to drugs, mainly to candles. This is explained by the convenience of their use and the effectiveness of the impact.
In the reviews, women write that such candles quickly affect the problem. The ladies note that hormonal (and non-hormonal) suppositories not only relieve discomfort, but also help restore the water and acid balance of the mucous membranes, contributing to the normalization of secretion. Suppositories, according to the assurances of patients, help relieve inflammation, eliminate itching and burning against the background of menopause. In particular, women praise such drugs as Estrokad and Ovestin.
Suppositories can be administered as a primary agent or in combination with medication for internal use. Patient testimonials often indicate that suppositories do not just have a local effect, but if there is a mild menopause, they help to eliminate tides, along with some disorders of the psycho-emotional female background.
The most effective suppositories (according to women)
Based on the reviews, it can be concluded that hormonal drugs are the most effective. However, when using hormone replacement therapy, they should be used with great care in order to avoid an overabundance of certain hormones. It is also worth noting that in the comments most often there are complaints about the occurrence of side effects in relation to the use of hormonal suppositories for treatment. The most popular drugs: "Klimaktol-antikan", "Ovestin", "Revitaksa", "Estrokad".
In conclusion, it should be said that using candles when menopause occurs, women can not only get rid of dryness in the intimate area, but also return comfort to their sexual and everyday life.
Impact on the body
Vaginal candles Klimaktol intended for use during menopause in women. The drug has the following effects on the body:
- regulating hormone levels
- pain killer
- accelerating the regeneration process.
As a result of the use of suppositories, the woman’s well-being improves significantly. It is able to deal with hot flashes and heat, dry mucous membranes and other unpleasant symptoms characteristic of menopause. Also normal activity of the autonomic nervous system.
The drug helps to strengthen local immunity and restore the vaginal microflora. With its help, the inflammatory process is suppressed, burning sensation and discomfort are eliminated. In addition, blood pressure is normalized.
The granulated drug Climacterin Adonis has a similar effect. It is also based on herbs. Granules are designed to eliminate the symptoms that precede the onset of menopause. These medicines are recommended for use in combination.
Indications for use
Klimaktol tablets prescribed for menopause. Among the indications for the use of suppositories are the following:
- reorganization of the woman’s body before the climacteric period,
- hot flashes and hot flashes
- excessive irritability,
- trembling and pronounced weakness
- fluctuations in hormonal levels,
- violation of the monthly cycle, marked during menopause,
- decreased libido
- the appearance of a feeling of withering, as well as anxiety and loneliness.
In addition, the drug is recommended after surgery in the reproductive system and during the recovery period after the elimination of inflammatory processes localized in this area.
Instructions for use
Vaginal suppositories should be inserted into the vagina, taking a horizontal position in advance. Such manipulations are performed daily in the evening, just before going to bed. Before this, it is extremely important to wash the genitals with special intimate hygiene products. The suppository can also be inserted into the rectal area.
The course of drug treatment varies from one to three months. If necessary, after a while it can be repeated. The drug is not addictive, and with its lasting use no negative changes are observed.
Side effects and contraindications
The drug has been tested for toxicology. Laboratory studies have proven that suppositories are non-toxic. The instructions do not indicate any contraindications to their use. To refuse the use of candles is necessary only in case of hypersensitivity to the components of the product.
Side effects when using a homeopathic remedy are not observed. Suppositories have a local effect and do not affect the activity of various organs and systems.
Despite this, you should always consult with a gynecologist before starting therapy. Judging from the reviews of the drug, it, like its counterparts, can lead to the following undesirable changes:
- weight gain
- the appearance of swelling, indicating that the liquid is displayed in insufficient quantities,
- frequent headache, up to a migraine,
- local allergic reaction
- swelling of the mammary glands. The chest becomes more sensitive, painful,
- congestion with bile.
The drug is based solely on natural ingredients and has a positive effect on the body, but the course of therapy with its use must be coordinated with the doctor. Only in this case it will be possible to avoid the appearance of side effects.
Klimaktol Antikan is a safe homeopathic medicine that is prescribed to women in menopause. Therapy with its use is effective. The main thing is to strictly follow the instructions and not interrupt the course of treatment before the prescribed period. If any undesirable changes occur, you should consult with your doctor and correct the treatment tactics.
Candles Klimaktol - Antikan contain in their composition:
- homeopathic oil extract
- Sea buckthorn oil, lemon balm, hops, valerian,
- extracts of hops and valerian.
Sea buckthorn oil - a rich source of biologically active substances. Cures bleeding, heals, reduces puffiness, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, promotes healing of difficult healing wounds. In gynecological practice used in the pathological processes of the mucous canal of the cervix. Herbal components of Klimaktol candles are selected in such a way that would provide a more pronounced effect of treatment. Oil and extract of hop cones - a source of phytohormones, contributes to the normalization of hormonal background, thereby reducing the frequency and strength of tides, calms the nervous system, restores the condition of the mucous membranes. Melissaand valerian relieves bouts of irritability, prevents headaches, normalizes sleep.
- improve the general condition of the woman, reducing the symptoms of menopause,
- contribute to the normalization of hormonal levels, (see also Gemafemin)
- have a calming effect on the nervous system
- pressure is normal, (see also Alfit 13 Climacteric)
- normalize the function of the autonomic nervous system. (see also Altai healer)
Special contraindications have been identified. It is not recommended to use candles in case of hypersensitivity to bee products, as well as in the presence of an allergic reaction to one of the components of the composition. The product is certified. TU 9360-001-22090914-99 Patent for invention № 2308964 Produced by: JSC "Verbena" Homeopathic laboratory (Pyatigorsk)
What conditions can cause vaginal dryness and itching
• allergic reactions,
• chronic colpitis of any etiology (on the background of diabetes, HIV infection, improper hygiene, etc.),
• condition after chemo-or radiotherapy,
• sexually transmitted infections
• urogenital candidiasis (thrush),
• chronic urological diseases (cystitis),
• severe diseases of internal organs in the stage of decompensation.
How to understand that vaginal dryness and itching are symptoms of menopause
About the onset of menopause say in those cases when 12 months have passed since the last menstruation. The average age for amenorrhea is 51 years, but small variations in one direction or another are possible. Reducing the secretion of the vaginal glands and the appearance of unpleasant sensations in the intimate area - only one of the symptoms of menopause.
In addition, a woman may be disturbed by hot flashes, sweating, mood swings, headaches, sleep disturbances, etc. The severity is variable.
By itself, the period of menopause does not imply the study of hormonal background, if there are no atypical manifestations, and the diagnosis is established by the gynecologist after talking with the patient and examination.
What changes occur with the female genital organs during menopause?
Symptoms (itching, burning, vaginal dryness, discomfort when urinating, discharge) may appear 5-6 years before the last menstruation and continue for several years after amenorrhea.
The consequences of ovarian depletion and lack of estrogen are evident during a gynecological examination: the vaginal epithelium turns red against the background of destruction of the epithelial layer,
superficial capillaries are more visible. Further, when the processes of atrophy are enhanced, the color fades due to the decrease in the number of small vessels, and the vaginal wall loses its elasticity and becomes thin and smooth.
A decrease in urine pH leads to a change in the bacterial flora, which causes itching and burning during menopause.
These are the main causes of painful sensations during sexual contact. And if at this moment not to prescribe adequate therapy, many women refuse intimate life. For older women, ignoring signs of trouble on the part of the genital organs increases the risk of loss of muscle tone, which can cause pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.
Approaches to the treatment of vulvovaginal atrophy include the following:
In mild symptoms, suppositories, gels, and vaginal lubricants are prescribed.
With severe symptoms, the use of hormone replacement therapy is justified, and estrogen administration is transvaginal.
In case of dyspareunia, Ospemifene, a selective estrogen receptor modulator, may be prescribed.
What undesirable effects can occur when using hormonal suppositories
Side effects of local estrogen in some cases may occur in the following:
• increased itching and burning,
• pain / sensitivity of the mammary glands,
• uterine bleeding,
• tumor processes in the mammary gland and endometrium,
• pulmonary embolism,
• heart attack,
• some systemic diseases.
Important! You should never exceed the dosage or change the duration of treatment. You cannot stop menopause, you can only soften its manifestations. In a certain period, menopause will still come.
Natural suppositories for menopause
Candles for eliminating dryness and itching in the vagina without hormones contain various beneficial substances:
• hyaluronic acid,
• plant extracts with anti-inflammatory and antipruritic action,
• vitamins, etc.
If, when used, symptoms intensify or new ones appear, the drug is canceled and the question of a possible replacement with a similar or from another group is considered.
Candles for menopause prescribed as monotherapy or as part of a combined treatment.
These are homeopathic suppositories with symptomatic action based on the following ingredients:
• sea buckthorn oil,
• hops and valerian essences,
• oils of hop, lemon balm, valerian.
There are no adverse reactions, with the exception of allergic manifestations to any component of the drug.
Treatment regimen: 1 suppository at night for 10–20 days, then it can be administered every other day or as needed.
• hyaluronic acid (helps to return the elasticity of the tissues of the vagina),
• extracts of calendula and aloe,
• oil of tea tree and centella Asian
Scheme: 1 candle 1 time per day, 10-20 days, considering the completely natural composition, repeated courses of therapy are possible.
Another natural remedy for menopause. The composition includes hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, extract of Asiatic leaf thistle, chamomile, mallow, tea tree oil, excipients.
Suppositories can be used both for treatment (1 candle at night for 10-20 days), and for prophylaxis (1 candle 2 times a week, for a long time).
Suppositories with moisturizing action based on calendula, which has anti-inflammatory, healing, bactericidal and immunomodulatory effects.
Contraindication - allergy to calendula or auxiliary components.
Candles are suitable for the treatment of colpitis provoked by hypoestrogen and do not affect the endometrium.
The scheme is standard: 1 candle 1 time for 10 days.
In addition to the introduction of suppositories, it is important to properly care for the intimate area:
• detergent for intimate hygiene should be neutral, not contain dyes, flavors, fragrances, etc.
• underwear preferably cotton, the right size,
• rejection of daily pads (promote vaginal dryness),
• use baby powder for washing clothes,
• do not abuse water procedures, but gynecologists recommend rinsing with climax 2 times a day and after sexual contact.
Deep irrigation of the vagina with decoctions of herbs is possible only on the advice of a doctor. Otherwise, against the background of the loss of beneficial microflora, vaginal dysbiosis will join, and unpleasant manifestations will increase.
The effect of the candles during menopause will be more pronounced if you drink enough liquid, eat properly, take vitamins, fully relax and do not forget about exercise.
Laser vaginal rejuvenation: is there really an effect?
Many private medical centers offer laser effects on the vaginal walls to restore their elasticity and enhance the secretion of natural lubrication glands.
The procedure is recommended, including for women during menopause.
Lasers and other energy-based devices (for example, radio frequency exposure) are used to destroy and alter the vaginal tissue.
Not all doctors agree that this manipulation has enough evidence, but the consequences can be extremely negative:
• vaginal burn,
• scar formation,
• pain syndrome,
• damage to the genital nerves,
• bladder injury,
Therefore, before making laser rejuvenation of the vagina, discuss the issue with a disinterested (free) gynecologist at the place of residence.
Causes of dryness in the intimate area with menopause
With the onset of menopause, the natural production of estrogen in the body decreases, and eventually ends. This causes a dramatic change in hormonal levels, which leads to not the most pleasant changes in a woman’s life. One of them is dry intimate zone, which causes severe discomfort and causes a lot of inconvenience.
The walls of the vagina are formed in three layers, the upper of which is the mucous membrane. Wet microflora in the body is created by a clear liquid with a weak acid reaction. It maintains the health and elasticity of the vagina at the proper level. Against the background of hormonal adjustment, the mucosa loses the ability to produce natural lubricant. As a result, the walls become thinner, become flabby and dry. Such changes are called vaginal atrophy.
The lack of a sufficient amount of lubricant is dangerous because it gives a very easy opportunity for pathogens of various infections to enter the body.
If the symptoms of dryness of the intimate zone are mild, then a moisturizing lubricant (lubricator) can be dispensed with, which gives a short temporary effect. If the problem has a severe course, the doctor may prescribe vaginal hormones (suppositories), which are local remedies. Suppositories have, as a rule, a convenient oval shape and not only relieve discomfort, but also restore the secretion of moisturizing mucous fluids for a long time.. Candles can be both hormonal and hormone-free.
What are hormonal candles
The effect on the body of hormonal suppositories is similar to the action of the female hormone estrogen. When using them, the production of a sufficient amount of lubricant is normalized, which favorably affects the state of the mucous membrane of the vagina.. Hormonal suppositories contain a small amount of estriol, which is a short-acting estrogen.
Vaginal suppositories have a local action, under which the cervix, vulva and urethra also fall.. The use of these drugs has no effect on other organs of the body.
Besides the fact that vaginal suppositories moisturize the vaginal walls and restore its elasticity, they help to reduce the frequency of hot flashes, reduce sweating, improve the quality of sleep, relieve aggression and depression, and normalize the work of the urinary and reproductive system. It is very important for women in menopause..
Non-hormonal vaginal suppositories (Tsikatridina, Feminel, Revitaksa, Vagikal, etc.) also help relieve dryness and the accompanying discomfort. The process is due to the fact that they have a slimy consistency. Due to their use, the walls of the vagina are moistened and natural secretion of the mucous secretion is activated for a short time.. Non-hormonal suppositories consist mainly of natural components, for example, herbs, oils, extracts, hyaluronic acid and do not contain hormones.
Due to this composition, non-hormonal suppositories have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antiseptic action. Therefore, they not only help for some time to ensure sufficient lubrication of the vagina and to eliminate some problems of the urogenital system, normalize blood flow and quickly get rid of microtraumas.
In what cases are prescribed
Hormonal vaginal suppositories are prescribed if non-hormonal therapy does not give the expected results in the treatment of dry intimate zone. But, since these drugs have serious contraindications, they can be taken only after consulting with a specialist and passing the appropriate examination.
In order to maintain the state of health in the menopausal period at the proper level, it is recommended in parallel with medical treatment.:
- Revise the correctness of hygiene,
- To correct the diet in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor,
- Drink at least one and a half liters of water a day,
- To have a regular sex life
- Try not to succumb to irritability and apathy, avoid stressful situations.
List of the most popular
Currently, there are many vaginal suppositories that can eliminate dryness in the intimate area and reduce the appearance of some symptoms of menopause.
From the most popular and frequently prescribed, you can select a list of drugs:
- Klimaktol-antikan (Russia, CJSC Verbena),
- Ovestin (Netherlands, Aspen Health),
- Revitaksa (Greece, Help S.A),
- Estrokad (Germany, Dr. KADE),
- Ovipol Clio (Russia, Akrikhin),
- Orto-Ginest (Switzerland, Cilag),
- Elvagin (Russia, Vertex).
These drugs contain a certain dose of estrogen and progesterone.. They moisten the walls of the vagina and allow you to have a full sex life. In addition, the elimination of itching, burning, urinary incontinence.
With proper and regular use of suppositories, the natural microflora and acid balance of the vagina is restored. Vaginal suppositories protect the body from the penetration of pathogens of various infections.