Most likely you had to face thrush. It is an unpleasant fungal disease that can affect both men and women. Fungi that can permanently reside in the body, when the appearance of characteristic factors from the outside, begin to actively develop, provoking the occurrence of candidiasis. This disease interferes with a normal life, and often appears quite suddenly. If no adequate measures are taken, it may not take place over several months. In women, exacerbations often occur during pregnancy or after menstruation. For some reason, many are embarrassed to consult a doctor, share their problems with him. But it is this step that should be the first to detect the corresponding symptoms. The doctor will tell you why the thrush is dangerous and what measures should be taken to eliminate it.
What will the article tell you?
Key features of candidiasis
It can be transmitted in a variety of ways. Sometimes it may be airborne. In rare cases, transmission occurs through sexual contact. Most often the occurrence of the disease occurs due to failures in the body. They can be very different, for example:
- Acceptance of hormonal drugs, antibiotics.
- Weakening of the immune system.
- Chronic infectious foci.
- Pregnancy, etc.
Fungi that provoke this disease are not classified as alien to the human body. They live in it on a permanent basis. They can live in the oral cavity, on the skin, in the intestines and other places. But there are several probable circumstances of unfavorable origin, under which active reproduction of fungi begins. This causes thrush.
Very important detect the problem as early as possible. This will quickly take appropriate measures aimed at the full recovery of the body. It is advisable to immediately contact the doctor who will conduct a diagnostic examination, selects the optimal therapeutic course. Do not ignore visiting the doctor, self-medicating, because it can lead to serious complications. Among the main symptoms of thrush can be distinguished:
- Unpleasant burning sensation in the genital area. Symptoms increase after a hot bath, as well as in the evening.
- Visual inspection of the genitals usually reveals redness.
- Arises inflammation in the affected places.
- Abundant discharge.
- Probability of occurrence acute pain in meeting the natural needs.
- Cardingwhich manifests itself constantly. It is incredibly difficult to relieve, etc.
If you managed to identify these symptoms, you can not lose time. The sooner an accurate diagnosis is made and treatment is started, the higher the chances of a complete elimination of the problem.
Is thrush dangerous?
Such a question interests almost every person who is faced with this disease. There is always a certain level of danger in such situations. For example, fungi can penetrate into various organs and systems of the human body, causing the spread of the problem, serious complications. Inflammatory processes may occur in the canals of the urogenital system, etc. If a woman has candida, there are high risks of transmitting the disease to the baby during childbirth. Therefore, it is extremely important in the detection of the disease to begin timely treatment. This will avoid unpleasant complications. If you ignore such a need, let everything run free, you can provoke a lot of problems. Actively breeding fungi can carry a serious danger to the whole body.
For pregnant women, this issue should be considered particularly acute. It is important to understand how dangerous thrush is for women who are expecting a baby. This will prepare in advance and avoid unpleasant consequences. Among the most common of these include:
- Loss of tissue elasticity. Serious ruptures may occur during childbirth. This will certainly entail the need for a long and very painful treatment process.
- Thrush in pregnant women is not a direct threat to the baby as long as the fetus is located inside the uterus. but during childbirth, there are high risks of fungi on the baby’s skin. They can also penetrate the mucous membranes, such as the eyes or the mouth. In some situations, this becomes a kind of starting point for the emergence of complex diseases in a child in the future.
- If the vagina, the mucous organs are affected, there are risks of developing thrush in a child before the onset of labor. In some particularly difficult situations, this provokes abortion during the premature stages.
Miscarriages due to thrush are quite rare. They can occur only with a completely indifferent attitude to their own health. But, if you consult a doctor in time, undergo an examination and follow all his recommendations, you will be able to eliminate candidiasis completely. There are quite a few delicate treatment options.
Is it possible to cure thrush?
This question is quite common. It’s quite realistic to cope with this problem if you start timely treatment, fully adhere to the recommendations of a specialist. The sooner the problem is detected, the higher the chances of completing the treatment as quickly as possible. Also, never interrupt it prematurely. Some, when getting rid of the primary manifestations, consider that the struggle is already over, but this is not so. In such cases, there are serious risks of complications, relapses and other problems.
Before starting specific antifungal therapy it is important to eliminate the primary cause because of which there was a thrush. It is also necessary to eliminate factors that may contribute to the development of the disease. These include the use of synthetic, cramped linen, overeating sweet, flour products. It is important to be responsible for adhering to basic hygiene regulations, etc. When similar sources, as well as provoking factors are eliminated, you can proceed directly to therapy. For this, a large variety of various medicines is offered. With the help of some of them you can destroy harmful fungi, while others allow you to restore the optimal microflora in the body.
A well-chosen drug treatment for thrush in most cases has a positive effect. Pick up his main with sensitive guidance of the doctor. Doing treatment yourself is not worth it. Some people will see plenty of advertising on TV, where they demonstrate a variety of drugs to eliminate thrush, and begin to mindlessly buy and use them. However, this approach is fundamentally wrong. Everything should be done only on the recommendation of a specialist. This will allow to cure without side effects and unpleasant consequences.
In some cases it is required long-term medication. Then they must be selected with special care so that no harm to health is done. Among the common drugs can be noted Diflazon, Flucostat, Tsiskan, etc. The treatment may cause some difficulties, but with the help of a good specialist each patient will be able to overcome them. At the time of treatment is give up sex, adhere strictly to basic hygiene regulations. This will significantly increase the productivity of the therapy used. When the treatment is completed, it will be necessary to fix the result correctly. Even the best medical treatment of thrush in women then requires such anchorage. This will avoid the occurrence of relapses. For this you can use special solutions for washing. For example, you can apply potassium permanganate, soda and other means. It is important to use warm water for this. Then the effect of the treatment will be long.
How to choose a treatment?
Due to the use of improper means, too short courses, fungi can increase the level of their resistance to treatment. In such situations, the risks of chronic form increase. Some medications also have side effects that must be taken into account before use. They can be quite heavy. For this reason, attention must be paid to health. If there is discomfort, you should visit a urologist or a gynecologist, go through all the examinations that will be required. The chronic form of the disease involves about four times a year. The treatment in this case may be much more complicated, because traditional methods will already be powerless. It will be necessary to use local medicines in combination with systems. Requires careful treatment and maximum systematicity. Usually they prescribe special vitamin complexes, probiotics, and many similar remedies.
After completion of treatment with its proper success, the restoration of normal microflora becomes an important point. To do this, apply special tools. Is thrush dangerous or not? This question arises in almost all who had to deal with it. With timely and proper treatment, it is particularly dangerous.
For treatment can also use various folk remedies. But they should be used very carefully, after consulting with a doctor. This will ensure a good effect without unnecessary health problems. For example, it is possible to apply solutions with soda, iodine, etc. for similar purposes. They are prepared very quickly and easily. Taking such baths is also incredibly easy. They do not cause any problems and difficulties. Among the popular means of this category can be noted carrot juice, a variety of herbal preparations. Nature provides a lot of unique herbs that can be an ideal choice for organizing a productive treatment. The main thing is that the process was complex.
Many people want to know whether it is possible to cure thrush forever in women. This is quite natural, because everyone who has faced any disease wants to get rid of it quickly, to eliminate the likelihood of a relapse. In the case of candidiasis it is quite real. It is necessary to undergo a fully integrated therapy, taking into account all the prescriptions of the doctors. This ensures the achievement of a good final result. Complexity allows to eliminate the primary causes, fungi and all other problems. It should be understood that there is no universal remedy for treatment. You cannot drink one small pill and forget about the problem forever. In some situations, treatment can be a very long process. But in any case it must be brought to completion. This ensures complete recovery of the body. In parallel with the treatment, it is necessary to pay attention to the diet, try to eliminate stressful situations and other similar factors.
When the first symptoms occur, the doctor can be consulted and examined. He will tell thrush - it is dangerous or not and what may be threatened by the lack of timely and productive treatment. If you had to deal with this disease, do not despair and immediately panic. Just need be treated according to the correct scheme. Compliance with the rules will help to achieve full recovery without side effects and unnecessary complications. It is important not to be nervous, because stresses have a negative impact on health, and make the healing process very difficult. To cope with thrush quite real.
Risk factors for thrush
Candidiasis, or thrush, can affect anyone, from a newborn baby to adult men and women. The disease is caused by the yeast fungus Candida, which constantly lives on the skin surface and mucous membranes. However, it does not always develop, it needs a certain impetus, in most cases, which is a decrease in immunity. The diagnosis of thrush occurs on the basis of the clinical picture and the results of light microscopy. PCR, PIF and bacterial seeding methods do not play an important diagnostic role.
Thrush is manifested by symptoms such as genital itching and unpleasantly smelling cheesy discharge (hence the name). The acute form of the disease requires immediate treatment. If we ignore this recommendation, then there is a danger of transformation of acute candidiasis into chronic, up to recurrent.
What are the consequences of thrush?
The main danger of untreated thrush is the spread of the pathogenic fungus to neighboring organs. This form of the disease is called common candidiasis, and it can be located anywhere on the body.
The main share of the risk group is the female population due to certain female factors that influence the hormonal balance. This may be hormonal contraceptive use, pregnancy, childbirth and the usual menstrual cycle. As the vagina is damaged, the infection process can spread to the fallopian tubes and the uterus itself, and beyond the genital sphere.
When infected with candidiasis of the oral cavity, the danger lies in its possible transition to the tonsils, pharynx, esophagus and bronchi. For future mothers, regardless of the gestational age, thrush is always dangerous, because the pathological process can infect the fetus in the womb or during labor through infected birth canal.
In men, genital candidiasis is considered a rare disease because of their anatomical features. Despite this, the latent course of thrush can cause the development of phimosis. If during the period of treatment of thrush there is a need for an intimate relationship, then it can be satisfied, but only with a condom.
Intestinal candidiasis is an ideal yeast habitat. This increases the risk of infection of the vagina with Candida fungi from the intestines, skin lesions and oral cavity. The process extends to the surrounding areas, especially the perianal area.
Thrush as a disease is not dangerous to a person’s life, but it can spoil its quality by introducing some discomfort. This is especially true of intimate relationships, where the danger of mutual infection exists for both partners.
Thrush: disease specificity
The development of thrush provokes a fungus of the genus Candida, which normally lives quietly in our body. Therefore, it is a mistake to believe that thrush is a venereal disease. In fact, contact with an infected person can only provoke the development of the disease.
Fungi of the genus Candida have a symbiotic nature, they peacefully coexist with beneficial microorganisms, representing a conditionally pathogenic flora. When the immune system for some reason cannot properly regulate the number of the fungus, it begins to multiply with the help of spores.
Candida easily survives on the mucous membranes and skin in different parts of the body, but more often it appears as a vulvovaginal candidiasis in women. It is in the vagina that the fungi find their refuge in most cases, because it not only hides them from external exposure, but also has comfortable conditions with high humidity, high temperatures and varying acidity.
It should not be taken in connection with this thrush female disease, because the fact that men suffer from it less often does not mean that it does not develop in them at all. In addition to the male, candidiasis is often manifested in children, especially in infancy.
Thrush and pregnancy: what is the danger?
Candidiasis during pregnancy is not uncommon, but rather a pattern. During this period, the woman's body experiences very strong hormonal fluctuations, and the load on it is simply enormous, so the fungi take advantage of the moment and begin to affect the cells of the mucous genital organs.
Than the thrush is dangerous, during this period it is easy to predict: running candidiasis can lead to miscarriages and premature birth. Protracted thrush during pregnancy provokes the formation of erosion on the cervix. Because of this, the vaginal walls lose their elasticity, which during childbirth results in numerous gaps.
After childbirth, a woman’s immunity is severely weakened, he is not able to fully resist representatives of pathogenic flora, and thrush further upsets protective functions. This results in a large number of postpartum inflammations in the uterus.
At the same time, the process of treatment of thrush due to fluctuations in hormonal levels and a number of contraindications is difficult, but very necessary. Ведь если до родов заболевание не пролечить, то в период прохождения малыша через родовые пути, происходит его инфицирование кандидами. При этом, даже во время кесаревого сечения заражение все равно происходит.
Чем опасна мужская молочница?
Men suffer from thrush not as often as their beautiful companions, but this disease they rarely have an independent character. The fact is that by nature they do not have as much beneficial space for the development of fungus as women. Therefore, in order to gain a foothold in the open and external genitals of men, they need strong arguments.
So, male thrush is dangerous hidden infections, the symptoms of which for the colorful manifestations of thrush remain invisible.
Prolonged thrush leads to phimosis - the narrowing of the foreskin in men. Removing the head becomes difficult and painful. Also, it is possible to consider violations in the genital area as a regular thrush: a man feels an increased libido (this is due to the fact that nerve endings are irritated by the symptoms of the disease), but the sexual act itself does not bring pleasure and a sense of emotional relaxation. An erection occurs quite quickly, a man gradually loses the ability to control this process, ejaculation can be painful, like sexual intercourse itself.
Disregard for thrush in men leads to the fact that the disease from the acute form turns into a chronic illness, which provokes prostatitis and vesiculitis. Mass reproduction of fungal agents expands the area of localization of the inflammatory process to the prostate gland, so the urethra begins to shrink and the flow of seminal fluid is disturbed. The result is male infertility, as well as the development of diseases of internal organs.
Complications of candidiasis
On the question of what is dangerous thrush, immediately a whole lecture arises about its complications. The most common ones are:
- Candida urethritis occurs when the infection develops for some time and does not respond to any drug therapy. In this case, the candida gradually affects the urinary canal. The symptomatology of the disease is similar to gonorrhea: urination becomes painful and rapid, however, there are impurities of blood, mucus in the urine, and in the morning there are filamentous discharge.
- Candida pyelocystitis is a weighted form of the disease. As a rule, there are few candidates to develop this complication: they are combined with other pathogens (mainly those that cause venereal diseases). Pyelocystitis is characterized by a general deterioration of the condition, when the temperature rises at the same time and the pain in the region of the kidneys and bladder is strong enough. This complication may require even hospitalization, but the treatment is just a must.
- Infertility in men and women can develop as a result of prolonged thrush.
Thrush of young ladies
If a girl does not yet live sexually, then how can a thrush be dangerous for her? Again we return to the fact that the opinion about the venereal nature of this disease is erroneous. During puberty in adolescent girls, thrush becomes a consequence of changes in the hormonal background, which occur simultaneously with physical transformations.
If candidiasis is not cured in time, then it affects the monthly cycle: it becomes irregular, permanent delays appear. But the complete disregard for the symptoms of the disease can lead to diseases that are associated with the female genital sphere, which is fraught with problems with conception and carrying a pregnancy.
Thrush in newborns - is it dangerous?
Thrush in babies is often treated carelessly, considering it a natural physiological response to the outside world. This is not so, children's candidiasis is fraught with many dangers. Having met with the causative agent of the genus Candida, the newborn organism begins to ache. Symptoms of stomatitis, candida skin and diaper dermatitis manifest.
Plaque in the mouth makes breastfeeding painful enough for a child, he eats much worse and cries a lot. This affects weight gain and inhibits overall development.
If you ignore the manifestation of thrush in babies, the fungus spreads through the body, moving to the upper respiratory tract and even into the lungs. In well-fed infants, candida multiplies in folds. It is also possible damage to the mucous genital organs.
[wn] Statistics are simply catastrophic: 10% of the total number of deaths in infancy is the result of running thrush! [/ wn]
Whoever suffers from thrush, it can be fraught with serious enough danger, so you need to treat it under the guidance of a professional. If you have questions about the possible consequences of thrush, or you are not sure that you have gotten rid of the symptoms of the disease until the end, write to our specialist and you will receive a detailed answer as soon as possible.
What disease is dangerous for women?
The structure of the female vagina favorable for the fungus Candida, creates an ideal environment for it. Heat and humidity have the appearance of thrush. If at the first signs of a disease the necessary medical care is not provided, the fungus can spread to the internal organs that are nearby. Therefore, the first danger faced by a woman with thrush is inflammation of the urogenital system.
Unpleasant symptoms of the disease - itching, burning and discharge - cause only discomfort, indicate the presence of a problem in the body. But already inflammatory processes pose a great threat to health. What is dangerous thrush for a woman? Because of it may appear:
If the fungus enters the organ of the excretory system, like the bladder, it causes inflammation. The patient has a characteristic symptom - sharp cutting sensations when urinating. If inflammation is not treated, then the neglected disease causes the appearance of blood impurities in the urine.
Infection provokes inflammation of such an unpaired tubular organ of the genitourinary system as the urethra. This disease is called urethritis, respectively. With it, urination is accompanied by a burning sensation, and white or mucous discharge appears from the canal itself.
Delayed examination by a doctor can lead to a situation where a woman suffering from thrush receives antibiotics to treat another pathology. This provokes the emergence and development of bacterial vaginosis.
What is dangerous thrush for women? In disrepair, the infection spreads to adjacent tissues. For this reason, Candida fungus can affect the organs of the urogenital system responsible for reproductive function, including:
Because of this, it may be difficult to conceive a child or carry it.
Another consequence of the defeat of the inner lining of hollow organs is oral stomatitis. Initially, it is manifested by white bloom in the mouth. If the disease is not treated, over time, defects form in the form of small ulcers and wounds. You can find them under the bloom. About themselves, they let know pain. The lack of necessary treatment contributes to the fact that the pathology from the acute form becomes chronic.
Why does the disease occur in girls?
Due to the fact that you can catch thrush not only sexually, there is a real danger of this pathology in young girls. The disease manifests itself due to:
- The state of increased stress of the body.
- Wearing close linen made of synthetic fabric.
- Non-compliance with the rules of hygiene for menstruation.
- Taking antibiotics.
- Inflammation in the body.
- Hormonal disorders.
Signs of appearance, further development and consequences of thrush in young girls are the same as in adult women. If you suspect this disease, you should contact your gynecologist as soon as possible.
Ignoring the fungus and trying to cure yourself will increase the risk of the appearance of:
- Secondary infectious pathologies of the reproductive organs.
- Diseases of the digestive tract.
- Adhesions in the pelvic area.
Running pathology becomes chronic. It can have a negative impact on the future on conceiving and carrying a fetus.
Thrush during pregnancy
To reduce the risk of miscarriage, you must be examined by a doctor before conceiving a child. If vaginal candidiasis is found, qualified treatment is necessary. But thrush can also occur during pregnancy, affecting a woman in one of the trimesters. The reasons for the reproduction of her Candida fungus are as follows:
- Hormonal features and changes.
- Reduced immunity.
- Use of antibiotics before conception.
The appearance of thrush in the first trimester is dangerous to the fetus. In the third trimester, thrush is threatened by the fact that it can infect a newborn during its birth.
Candida fungus is a danger not only for young girls and women. Thrush can manifest itself even in newborns, causing a lot of trouble and anxious nights to their mothers. The most common case is an infection in the mouth.
Symptoms of thrush in the mouth can make themselves felt in a weakened by some kind of pathology of the children's body. Especially stimulates the reproduction of the fungus antibiotic treatment. In the beginning, the infection does not cause severe problems with any disturbing symptom, unpleasant sensations. But it is able to spread at high speed, which leads to an increase in the lesion. As a result, a child may:
- increase the temperature
- disturb sleep
- appear nervousness.
The baby becomes capricious, may refuse to eat. The lack of timely treatment leads to the fact that the infection extends to the baby’s throat.
The disease may appear as a rash on the face and body of a baby. It can be found in the folds on the shoulders and chest. Gentle skin becomes rough to the touch.
The danger of the appearance of thrush on the face is that it can spread to the eyes. For this reason, the child appears:
- Pain on the affected skin.
- Redness and tearing of the eyes.
- Fear of light.
The problem is further exacerbated by the need to treat the affected skin in close proximity to the mucosa. If the medicine falls under the eyelid, it will increase the redness and lacrimation of the inflamed eye.
Is there a danger for men?
Men are less affected by thrush than women. The structural features of their sexual organ do not contribute to the creation of a favorable environment for the Candida fungus. He tries to get into the body through the urethra, but is washed out of it during urination. However, this does not make thrush safe for men's health.
The threat of infection for members of a strong half of humanity is that the fungus does not manifest itself. On the penis appears small redness. In this case, men do not experience itching or pain. This does not encourage them to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Lack of therapy, independent and unqualified treatment of thrush can be further cause:
- Pain when urinating.
As in women, in men, the infection can reach the urethra and cause an inflammatory process.
The result - the characteristic mucous discharge, including with pus. If you do not respond to these symptoms with a qualified treatment, the disease will cause inflammation in the bladder. Further spread of the infection will lead to kidney problems.
Pain and urination, and during intercourse occur if the fungus Candida extends to the groin area, scrotum, foreskin. Inflammation of the prostate and seminal vesicles is possible due to chronic thrush. In this case, the doctor diagnoses prostatitis and spermatocystitis. Finally, what is dangerous for thrush for men is the fact that reproductive dysfunction is possible.
How to treat and prevent the disease?
If you identify pathology, you need to undergo a course of treatment, which will appoint a doctor. Infection therapy is complicated in women who are in the position. They can not treat the fungus medication, because the composition of drugs can cause an abortion or the development of diseases and defects in the future baby. In such cases, the attending physician resorts to therapy with traditional methods that use soda solution.
If, by the second trimester, the infection does not leave the woman's body, she is prescribed topical suppositories as antifungal drugs. During therapy, the attending physician takes measures to prevent the spread of the fungus to the internal organs that are near the affected area.
For the prevention of recurrence of the disease, the future mother is recommended:
- Wear loose underwear.
- Do not use sanitary pads.
- Do not use soap for washing.
- Do not have sex.
Despite the absence of pronounced symptoms with the appearance of thrush, blithely refers to this disease is impossible. At any age, pathology requires attentive attitude and qualified treatment. Specialist will help to identify, recognize and effectively get rid of it.
Features of the disease
The development of candidiasis is promoted by infectious and chronic diseases, as well as depressed immunity. Despite popular belief, thrush is a disease that affects not only adult women. Candida fungus resides in the human body of any age and gender. If there are favorable factors, candidiasis develops rapidly in various environments on the human body. Thrush can be affected by:
- Mouth and throat,
- Internal organs.
Candida fungus is a yeast-like and looks like a white greasy plaque with an unpleasant sour smell. The fungus settles and multiplies well on the warm, moist tissues of the body with an acidic environment. What will happen if you do not treat thrush can be judged by medical practice. The disease spreads to different organs of the body, regardless of the first source of infection. Subsequently, against the background of candidiasis may develop other, more dangerous diseases. In addition, a sick person himself becomes a source of infection, when in contact with him there is a high probability of infecting others.
What is the danger of thrush
If you diagnose and treat the fungus in time, the consequences of thrush will be minimized. Ignoring the symptoms leads to various complications:
- The development of chronic candidiasis with multiple relapses,
- Immune suppression,
- Infection of the internal organs of the fungus,
- Severe inflammatory processes
- The susceptibility of the organism to other diseases against the background of general weakness and reduced protective functions,
- In the case of infection on the genitals, in women - infertility, in men - sexual dysfunction.
Defining for itself, whether the thrush is dangerous, each sick should understand. In addition to the destructive complications that threaten the infected organism, such a person becomes a source of infection. Especially dangerous will be contact with young children, whose body is almost unable to resist the action of the mature Candida fungus.
Consequences of candidiasis vary in the extent and duration of infection. Also, people of different gender and age manifest different complications. In any case, you can not ignore the symptoms of the disease. From the moment of infection to the appearance of a characteristic plaque usually takes 7 - 10 days. During all this time, a person is infected and is the carrier of a fungus that adversely affects an already weakened immune system. In adults, infection mainly affects the genital area. As a result, the diseased becomes a source of the disease for all partners with whom he has sexual contact.
Launched thrush in women
The consequences of thrush do not directly pose a danger to human life. It is for this reason that people tend to treat fungal infection frivolously. Despite apparent safety, candida contributes to the emergence of other, more serious diseases that can be fatal. Lack of treatment leads to a strong feeling of discomfort and a general decline in the quality of life of women. In girls of any age, candidiasis usually develops in the genitals.
Female genitalia are the ideal breeding medium for the fungus:
- Constantly stored humidity
- The environment in the woman's vagina is sour,
- The body temperature of a woman is sufficient for the growth of yeast-like fungal plaque.
What if you do not treat thrush in women:
- The carrier of the disease will experience constant discomfort in the affected area, as well as itching and burning,
- During sexual intercourse with a man who has a weakened immunity or constant contact with children, a woman who becomes ill with candidiasis will cause infection.
- In the case of a prolonged absence of treatment, Candida is widely distributed in the female urogenital system, leading to various complications (for example, the development of cervical erosion).
In the worst case, women
complications of candidiasis manifested in the form of inability to endure the child. Эрозийные процессы в матке, вызванные грибком, приводят к огрублению тканей этого органа. В результате, плодное яйцо неспособно закрепиться на стенке матки и у женщины постоянно происходят выкидыши.
Непролеченная молочница – это опасно не только для самой женщины. Worst of all, if the disease is found in women during pregnancy.
Thrush in pregnant women
During pregnancy, the woman's body is under heavy stress. Along with the development of the fetus, hormones change, the activity of the immune system decreases. During this period, complications of thrush are most likely and dangerous for both pregnant and fetus. In the perinatal period, Candida can grow at a high rate. Without timely treatment, there are various options, which can lead to thrush:
- Increased uterine tone and provoking spontaneous abortion,
- Penetration of fungal deposits to the internal organs and the placenta, poisoning of the fetus or violation of its nutrition,
- Infection of the child in the process of birth during the passage through the birth canal,
- The defeat of a pregnant other infections in the background of a strong suppression of the immune system,
- The elasticity of the birth canal with the defeat of the fungus is lost, the birth is accompanied by numerous ruptures,
- During the carrying of a child, infectious diseases provoked by Candida are undesirable to be treated with antibiotics and antivirals,
- If a woman bears not the first child, and the previous pregnancy ended with a cesarean, the suture can burst - that’s what candidosis is dangerous for.
If a woman does not start treatment after birth, the consequences of candidiasis will affect the growing baby. The probability of infecting children under one year of contact with sick people is very high.
Danger of childhood candidiasis
Children, especially newborns, are often infected with candidiasis. In most cases, the fungus affects the oral cavity, in girls it also affects the genitals. The danger of candidiasis in children is as follows:
- Infection of the mouth. In this case, the child experiences burning and pain, loses interest in food, because the process of sucking also causes painful sensations. Ultimately, the baby’s mouth becomes covered with numerous foci with inflammation, and if left untreated for a long time, the areas under a cheesy bloom can bleed. Due to poor nutrition, children lose weight, the body weakens and becomes more vulnerable to any infections.
- Damage to the larynx and respiratory tract. About what threatens the thrush to children, you can judge by known situations. In young children, the fungus usually affects the mouth, and if untreated, it spreads further. The appearance of the fungus on the respiratory tract leads to difficulty breathing, in rare cases it can be life-threatening.
- If parents ignore
obvious symptoms of reproduction of the fungus Candida in the infant’s oral cavity or do not follow the doctor’s instructions; there is a high risk of so-called diaper dermatitis. This affects the genitals of the child. This form of the disease can provoke sexual dysfunction, pathology or lack of development of the genital organs.
- One more point, than the thrush at children is terrible - an easy course of a disease in a chronic form. In chronic disease, fungi will show regular relapses, the risk of developing complications of thrush increases.
Answering what will happen if you do not treat thrush in children for a long time, any pediatrician predicts damage to the immune system and internal organs. In the children's organism, the fungus Candida spreads particularly rapidly, so parents need to carefully monitor the condition of the oral cavity and genitalia in children on the subject of cheesy plaque.
On the genitals of men, fungal formation is more difficult to consolidate and multiply, because Wednesday is not the most favorable. However, in the presence of certain factors and the general weakness of the organism, the development of thrush is likely. What is dangerous candidiasis for men? According to statistics, men treat their health with less attention and less often visit doctors.
Lack of treatment leads to the following problems:
- Urethritis. One of the first to have a fungal infection is the urethra. What causes thrush in men is characterized by a strong cutting pain when urinating. In cases of strong spread of the fungus, the urethra narrows, and the passage of urine and sperm through the channel is complicated.
- Loss of sensation in penis. In the initial stages of infection, the man experiences only discomfort and burning during sexual intercourse. In the future, if you do not treat thrush, the consequences will be expressed in increasing pain and complete loss of sensitivity of the penis even after the fungus has been removed.
- Phimosis of the foreskin. Phimous processes of the tissues of the foreskin can be triggered by thrush. Phimosis - coarsening and dying off of skin cells. The stiffened foreskin narrows, ceases to open the head of the penis and clamps it. If you do not start treatment, phimosis will also affect the penis. In this case, medication is not possible, surgery is required.
The answer to the question of thrush, is it dangerous or not, is definitely positive. In the absence of treatment, a man is threatened with not only discomfort, but also sexual dysfunction, which is almost not amenable to treatment.
What can the appearance of thrush
The danger of thrush is not only potential complications, developing without timely treatment. A distinctive feature of the fungus Candida is that it is fixed and multiplies only in a weakened body. The development of the fungus is possible against the background of other, more serious diseases:
- Genital or oral herpes,
- Venereal diseases,
- Some types of oncology.
After the discovery and cure of thrush it is recommended to undergo an additional examination. The consequences of thrush (candidiasis) in the absence of treatment are serious for a person of any age. The spread of the fungus Candida is ubiquitous, in the organisms of all people on the planet, these bacteria are present and are part of the normal microflora.
Danger of systemic candidiasis
What is the danger of thrush for women and men in a systemic form? This type of pathology develops against the background of serious immunodeficiency, when the body does not have enough strength to restrain the fungal infection. In this case, thrush is equally dangerous for men and women by simultaneous damage to all organs and systems.
Acute respiratory failure
Full overgrowth of the intestinal lumen with mycotic films, dysfunction of swallowing, symptoms of gastritis, enterocolitis, digestive disorders from vomiting to diarrhea, anorexia
Brain and spinal cord
Spinal arachnoiditis (inflammation of the arachnoid membrane), abscess of the brain, meningitis, encephalitis
Microabscesses in the thickness of the myocardium, valve damage
Liver and spleen
General body inflammation in response to fungal infection
Brain abscess (focal accumulation of pus in the brain substance) occurs in severe cases in patients with low immunity. It can be diagnosed using MRI scans of the brain.
Systemic candidiasis is fatal in 3/4 cases, recovered patients remain carriers of fungal spores until the end of life and can become a source of infection.
The danger of candidiasis of the digestive tract
This kind of pathology develops as a response to long-term antibiotic therapy, glucocorticosteroids, immunosuppressants, and congenital, acquired and age-related immunodeficiencies.
Complications of the process in men and women are:
Lesions of the esophagus, stomach, intestines with associated symptoms of gastritis, colitis, esophagitis.
Digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, aversion to food).
Difficult swallowing, intestinal obstruction (due to overlapping candidal films).
General intoxication, sudden changes in temperature (from normal to high), weakness, exhaustion.
Candida esophagitis (esophagitis is inflammation of the esophageal mucosa): A - before treatment, B - after therapy
Equally probable prognosis for intestinal candidiasis is recovery with constant candidature or the transformation of the process into a generalized one (with the possibility of death).
The danger of candidiasis of the respiratory system
The causes of fungal infection of the respiratory system are the same - weakening of the immune system for various reasons. Complications are dangerous for men and women (the same for both sexes):
- defeat of the upper respiratory tract (rhinitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis),
- diseases of the bronchi and lungs (candidal bronchitis, pneumonia, acute pulmonary insufficiency, fungal tissue melting).
The danger of urogenital candidiasis
Thrush, or urogenital candidiasis - a localized infection, it appears on the background of short-term disruption of the immune system (colds, hormones) and in the presence of chronic diseases.
Is thrush dangerous for men? Without any doubt, it is very dangerous, chronic infection of the genital organs can lead to erectile dysfunction, male infertility and urination disorders, although the effects of thrush in men are less common (only 1-2% of cases).
What threatens the disease men:
- chronic candidosis (the fungus does not manifest itself, but a person can pass the infection through sexual contact or very close contact),
- defeat of the genital organs (balanitis - inflammation of the penis head, balanoposthitis - inflammation of the head and foreskin, candida prostatitis),
- diseases of the urinary organs (urethritis, cystitis, renal candidiasis).
Dangerous complications of fungal infection in women:
Chronic form (low-grade inflammation with frequent relapses, more than 4 times a year).
Damage to the urinary system (urethritis, cystitis, pyelocystitis, impaired renal filtration function).
Diseases of the genital organs (vulvitis, vaginitis, erosion, adhesive disease due to inflammation of the mucous membranes, obstruction of the tubes, infertility).
Infection of the fetus in pregnant women (Candida is able to penetrate the placental barrier).
Owing to a prolonged inflammatory process, a woman can form an obstruction of the fallopian tubes, which can eventually lead to infertility.
In the presence of a nidus of infection of any location (nipple, mouth, urinary organs), the mother can transmit the fungus to the child (during the passage of the birth canal, while feeding, and other close contacts).
What is dangerous candidiasis of the skin?
The pathology is often localized in the folds of the skin, however, with a reduced immunity resistance, it can cause:
- generalized ulcerative skin lesions,
- fungal inflammation of the hypodermic vessels (vasculitis, capillary, thrombophlebitis),
- candidal lesions of the scalp (resembles eczema, seborrhea), nails (onychomycosis), red border of the lips (cheilita), eye mucosa (conjunctivitis).
How does a thrush manifest?
Thrush symptoms are quite pronounced, I can manifest separately or in a complex. Women may experience:
- severe itching in the genitals, pain in the vagina and outside during intercourse, hygiene procedures,
- discharge of a cheesy sour look.
In men, the symptoms are due to physiology. The itch disturbs sometimes, as well as pain in a genitals. A rash may appear on the head of the penis, and cheesy discharge will accumulate under the foreskin.
If the symptoms are manifested by a single symptom, this indicates the onset of the disease, if there are several symptoms, this can signal the presence of serious pathologies. If you do not treat candidiasis for a long time, the disease will turn into a chronic stage with regularly recurring relapses.
What is dangerous candidiasis in children?
Pregnant women often ask the doctor what will happen if you do not treat thrush. Their anxiety is not in vain, because when infected with a fungus a child can acquire the following diseases:
- Thrush in the mouth. Because of her, the baby may feel pain during the meal, as a result of which it begins to refuse feeding, loses weight. If candidiasis is not treated, the fungus can go to the respiratory tract,
- Fungus on the skin. A particularly dangerous form is diaper dermatitis, which affects the baby’s genitals. Those who have suffered such a thrush in infancy may experience problems with the reproductive organs in adulthood.
Treatment of candidiasis in men, women, children should be carried out under the supervision of a physician. The specialist will conduct a visual inspection, send for appropriate tests to determine the causative agent of the disease and the presence of associated infections. After that, a course of therapy will be prescribed.
The sooner measures are taken, the sooner it will be possible to stop the reproduction of the fungus, its spread throughout the body. This means that the likelihood of the disease becoming chronic and its complications will decrease.
What will happen if not treated
Among the primary and most common complications of thrush, physicians distinguish inflammation in the urogenital system. Against this background, more serious problems appear later:
- Cystitis. Failure of the candida bladder fungus causes cystitis. At the same time, symptoms such as pain in the process of urination and frequent urging are noted. Over time, there is an admixture of blood in the urine.
- Urethritis. Causes pain and burning during urination. Also characteristic white mucous discharges from the urethral canal appear.
- Bacterial vaginosis. Under the influence of bacteria, inflammation of the vaginal mucosa is observed. Characterized by discharge with a sharp, unpleasant smell.
- Candida sepsis. In the absence of treatment for thrush, progress can bring it into a generalized form, which is characterized by muscle weakness, fever and abscesses.
Under the influence of fungal microflora reproductive function is impaired. Problems with the fallopian tubes, cervix and infertility are diagnosed.
Thrush is also threatened by the development of cervical erosion in girls. Sores and ulcers can appear on the vaginal mucosa, in the mouth. The emergence of such erosion in the future threatens the development of cancer.
Thrush during pregnancy has serious consequences. Under the influence of this disease such complications are not excluded:
- premature birth or miscarriage
- metabolic processes between organisms of the fetus and mother are disturbed,
- the defeat of the child’s disease inside the womb or in the process of passing through the birth canal,
- developmental abnormalities due to damage to internal organs.
The consequences of thrush in women who are carrying a child are also a loss of elasticity of the vaginal tissues. As a result of this - breaks in the process of labor.
Treatment for thrush
Thrush is dangerous only when it has passed into the chronic stage. With timely treatment, this process can be avoided. The course of treatment involves the use of a complex of drugs, with which it is possible to achieve such results:
- destroy pathogens,
- strengthen depressed immunity
- fully restore useful flora.
It is necessary to treat thrush with the help of drugs that can not only eliminate the symptoms of the disease, but also create an obstacle to the growth of fungal colonies, get rid of the inflammatory process. For this purpose, antimycotic drugs of systemic and local effects are used.
In the acute course of the disease, specialists resort to prescribing drugs for candidiasis, in which the active ingredient is flucanazole or ketoconazole. The most popular among them are Diflucan, Flucostat, Mycozoral and Fluconazole from thrush. If the infection spreads further, and the disease enters the chronic phase, they additionally resort to the use of more antimycotic suppositories (Terzhinan, Clotrimazole or Livarol).
The treatment of a fungal infection in men also implies the intake of antimycotic drugs. Additionally, antifungal ointments, such as Pumafucin and Clotrimazole, are also prescribed.
In the diagnosis of fungal stomatitis in children prescribed drugs local effects. This may be ointments and solutions based on nystatin. In the most severe cases, fluconazole is also used. An additional antiseptic treatment is also carried out. To this end, the mouth cavity is rinsed after each feeding with a decoction of chamomile or a weak solution of soda.
Regardless of the patient's age, probiotics and vitamin complexes are prescribed on an obligatory basis. They normalize the immune system and help to deal with thrush in the shortest possible time.
Candidiasis is a common disease that does not pose a threat if treatment is started promptly. Complications of thrush are possible only when the infection began to spread throughout the body and struck other organs and tissues. To deal with the consequences becomes very difficult. That is why it is extremely important to seek help from a specialist immediately after the first symptoms of the disease appear. At an early stage, it is well treatable and it is possible to get rid of the fungus as soon as possible.
Threatening signs of disease in women
У многих представительниц слабого пола, которым поставили диагноз «влагалищный кандидоз» (кандидозный кольпит), возникают следующие вопросы: «Опасна ли молочница для женского здоровья?» и «Как устранить симптомы этого недуга быстро и эффективно?»
Often they do not have enough attention to the clinical manifestation of the disease, which usually does not seem serious, but its consequences can be extremely serious. In some situations, the fungal infection has a hidden course, there are practically no obvious signs of pathology. This represents the greatest danger of thrush for women. Irregular menstrual cycle, too small amount of discharge during menstruation or their excess - such symptoms often indicate the occurrence of candidal obesity.
The most likely complications of this disease are:
- As a result of increased reproduction of fungal infections, the organs of the genital and urinary systems (especially the kidneys) are affected by harmful microbes.
- The appearance of erosive changes of the cervix.
- A critical reduction in the reactivity of the immune system.
- The emergence in the patient's genitals of other pathologies of an inflammatory nature.
- The transition of candidiasis in chronic recurrent form.
- The development of incurable sterility.
In order to reduce the likelihood of these threatening effects, fungal infection must be eliminated at an early stage of its occurrence.
Interesting! Systematic progression of candidal infection is most common in those people who have serious problems with immunity. Such a course of the disease occurs in patients with oncology, HIV infection or diabetes.
Complications of this pathology in adolescents
We will understand what is the danger of thrush for the girl. Often the symptoms of candidal lesions occur in younger women in connection with the beginning of their sexual life.
Sometimes the first clinical signs of such a disease can occur in girls as early as adolescence. The cause of this phenomenon is considered to be puberty, as a result of which the hormonal background significantly changes, and along with external metamorphosis, internal - physiological changes occur.
If a fungal infection was found during the first menstruation, then a likely consequence of vaginal candidiasis will be a violation of the cycle, expressed in the delay of menstruation and their irregularity.
What is dangerous thrush for adolescent girls in the absence of effective and timely therapy? The worst result of the disease may be the development of other pathologies of the reproductive system, which further lead to infertility, premature birth, or natural abortion.
The most common complication of candidal vaginitis in girls is cervical erosion. This chronic disease causes the appearance of many small ulcers on the surface of the mucous membrane of the cervical part of the uterus. Erosion resulting from acute candidiasis is not considered a precancerous disease, but it can significantly increase the likelihood of developing cervical cancer.
Such a severe pathology requires urgent medical care and follow-up by a gynecologist. Erosion itself with timely detection can be treated fairly easily, but if this moment was missed and the necessary therapy was not carried out, the girl may lose the possibility of becoming pregnant in the future.
Danger of illness during pregnancy
Is thrush dangerous for pregnant women? The specialists' answer to this question is always positive. Unregulated reproduction of fungal microflora in the female vagina leads to inflammation of its mucosa. If you do not take the necessary measures to eliminate a malicious infection, the pathogen can penetrate into healthy organs. In this case, this dangerous disease affects the cervix, ureters, kidneys, and also causes inflammation of the urinary tract. This is what is dangerous thrush during pregnancy. Her unpleasant symptoms complicate the life of a woman.
Thrush is dangerous not only for pregnant women, but also for the fetus. For the future baby (if the mother is infected) the risk of developing candidiasis is very high.
Candida colpitis greatly affects the process of carrying a child. If the expectant mother is infected with this disease, then at any stage of the pregnancy the disease can worsen and provoke additional problems:
- Perhaps a decrease in the elastic abilities of the uterus and the occurrence of adhesive processes in it. This complication prevents this organ from increasing painlessly as the fetus develops and grows.
- Vaginal candidiasis in pregnant women faces infectious lesions of the newborn. Moving along the mother's birth canal, he can “seize” pathogens by mouth. As a result, signs of fungal diseases of the oral cavity are possible, which will significantly complicate breastfeeding of the child.
Thrush is a dangerous disease for both pregnant women and the fetus. When a newborn infects the oral cavity with a fungal infection, it is highly likely that harmful microbes will pass to nearby organs - the esophagus, tonsils, pharynx, bronchi. The defeat of fungi Candida skin of the child leads to the emergence on his body of extensive inflammatory foci, merging with each other. An urgent specialist consultation and possible hospitalization of the baby is needed.
Complications of the disease in men
Thrush symptoms are dangerous not only for women, but also for men. Sexual partners usually suffer from the manifestation of a genital infection together - this means that if a woman has this disease, the symptoms of candidiasis will appear in her man. As a result of the defeat of Candida fungi, the following complications can occur in the representatives of the stronger sex:
- Urethritis - signs of pathology resemble gonorrhea. A man can feel quite strong pain of a cutting character that occurs during urination. Fungal microorganisms provoke the appearance of painful sensations, which penetrate into the urethral canal and cause its inflammation. In severe illness, patients note the presence of mucous filaments and blood in the urine.
- Difficulty urinating - one of the most likely consequences of male candidiasis. Under the influence of fungi, the structural structure of the urinary canal epithelium changes. The mucous membrane of the urethra loses its elasticity, becomes coarse, benign growths appear on its surface - granulomas. There is an increased tendency to edema. As a result of these changes, the urine output process becomes difficult. Incomplete emptying of the bladder leads to stagnation of its contents and the appearance of various pathologies of the urethra.
- Loss of sensitivity of the penis - this problem does not occur suddenly, but develops over a long time. The first symptom is an unpleasant and uncomfortable feeling that accompanies a man in the process of sex. Sexual contact becomes painful, which causes a loss of interest in him. The patient does not receive pleasure during intimacy, which in the future is associated in men with discomfort and pain. In the future, there is a gradual loss of sensitivity of the penis.
- Paraphimosis and phimosis is a lesion of the penis with candidiasis, which adversely affects the process of opening the head during sexual intercourse. In the absence of timely treatment, the foreskin covering the head of the penis begins to die. Gradually, it loses its elastic properties, narrows and becomes more rough. Further development of the inflammatory process causes the coarsening of the skin fold located around the head of the penis, as a result of which the latter is infringed. The consequences of paraphimosis are quite serious, up to the necrosis of the upper part of the penis.
Remember! To reduce the danger of thrush for women and men, doctors recommend a couple to come to the reception. Qualified specialists will help in the treatment of this disease, will select effective drugs for both patients.
Symptoms of thrush manifest a feeling of discomfort that accompanies patients constantly. Especially unpleasant and painful is the process of intimacy. Fungal damage is not life threatening, but significantly reduces its quality. The risk of severe complications of this disease - this is exactly what thrush is dangerous for women and men. Only adequate and timely treatment will avoid the threatening effects of candidiasis. Therefore, when any signs of this disease appear, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Thrush - its main causes
On the human body and its mucous membranes are billions of microorganisms of various kinds. But as long as they do not begin to multiply rapidly, they do not bring a person any problems and do not cause disturbances in the work of the organs.
Thrush causes Candida fungus. As soon as its amount begins to grow, the development of thrush occurs, or as it is also called candidiasis. The development of the disease can contribute to a number of factors, including:
- regular intake of medicines, including antibiotics, which reduce the natural defense of the body,
- hormonal failure, for example, as a result of pregnancy, menopause, or when consuming hormonal drugs,
- diseases associated with inflammation,
- insufficient hygiene of the genitals,
- unhealthy diet, use of fast food.
Signs of thrush
To know what is dangerous thrush, you need to determine its characteristic features. And they have the following diseases:
- white color, resemble cottage cheese and are clearly visible on linen,
- genitals constantly itch,
- discharge has a sour smell, which is very unpleasant.
Treatment for thrush required. Ignoring this disease can lead to serious consequences and complications.
Thrush in men
Usually, partners are characterized by common genital diseases. This means that if a woman has a thrush, then it is likely that she will be diagnosed with her partner.
For quality treatment, experts advise you to treat a couple. They will select an effective treatment and explain the danger of candidiasis for men.
By its characteristics, urethritis caused by a fungus resembles acute gonorrhea. Just like with gonorrhea, a man feels a strong cutting pain when urinating. It is caused by fungal organisms that have penetrated the urethra and caused its inflammation. In severe cases, the appearance of blood in the urine or filaments of mucus.
Loss of sensitivity of the penis
This process takes place for some time. At first, the man feels discomfort during intercourse. Every sexual intercourse is accompanied by pain, which leads to a loss of interest in him. A man ceases to have fun, and in the future sex is associated with pain. This is followed by loss of sensitivity of the penis.
This is a consequence of urethritis caused by thrush. As a result of the action of a fungal infection in the urethral canal, the structure of its tissue changes. It becomes more coarse, benign granulomas appear on it. There is a tendency to edema.
All this makes it difficult to urinate. Urinary is not completely emptied, microorganisms that cause diseases of the urinary system develop in the urine residues. In this case, the thrush is not so terrible. Difficulties cause associated diseases.
Phimosis and paraphimosis
Thrush affects the process of exposing the head of the penis during intercourse. If you do not start the timely treatment of thrush, is the death of skin tissue, which covers the head of the penis. As a result, it becomes rougher and unable to stretch as before. This stage is called phimosis.
If no treatment is provided, then the skin coarsens further around the head of the penis. The hardened tissue infringes on the sexual organ and its edge gradually dies off. If you do not resort to emergency surgery, it threatens a man with serious consequences.
Prevention of thrush
Knowing what will happen if you do not treat thrush, and to avoid this disease and its complications, it is important to carry out a number of simple preventive measures.
- First, you need to pay close attention to your health and strengthen the immune system. This will help vitamins and vitamin complexes, as well as sports and proper nutrition.
- Secondly, you should forget about self-treatment. Do not believe advertising and buy all the advertised funds. They may simply not be suitable. Prescribe treatment should only doctor. It is important to fully implement all of its recommendations and bring the treatment to the end. After all, the disappearance of symptoms does not indicate a complete cure for thrush.
Regular visits to the gynecologist will significantly reduce the risk of disease. Do not forget about the partner. Sex life with a proven partner will help avoid infection with fungus, and thus avoid long-term treatment.
Personal hygiene plays an important role in the prevention of thrush. Its development is affected both by lack of hygiene and its excess. In order for the genitals not to be infected, it is enough to take a shower twice a day using non-allergic products. It is worth taking care that the underwear is always clean and made from natural materials.
Dermatologists advise to forget about the use of daily pads, intimate gels with a large number of flavors. It can cause allergies.
Observing simple rules, a woman will not even imagine what a thrush threatens, because she simply will not have it. It is better to protect yourself from the disease than to use drugs that are toxic to the body to conduct therapy. Only timely medical therapy allows you to avoid the consequences for thrush, which have a negative impact on reproductive functions and the health of internal organs.
What to do? How to defeat the infection and at the same time do not harm yourself? The famous blogger Irina Kravtsova became hostage to the disease and told us about the most effective home method for getting rid of thrush in 14 days! Read the article >>>