With age, the level of estrogen in a woman's body begins to decrease. This leads to a number of symptoms that cause discomfort. These are night sweats, an increase in the fatty subcutaneous layer, hypertension, dryness of the mucous membrane of the genital organs, urinary incontinence. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) will help to avoid such an unpleasant condition. Medications can remove the symptoms of menopause and reduce the risk of complications associated with the period of menopause. Such drugs include "Klimonorm", "Klimadinon", "Femoston", "Angelic". HRT should be carried out with extreme caution during menopause. Preparations of the new generation can only appoint a qualified gynecologist.
Form release drug "Klimonorm"
The drug belongs to the anti-menopausal drugs. It is made in the form of a dragee of two kinds. The first kind of dragee has a yellow color. The main substance in the composition is estradiol valerate 2 mg. The second type of dragee - brown. The main component is considered to be estradiol valerate 2 mg and levonorgestrel 150 mcg. Packed medicine in blisters of 9 or 12 pieces each.
With the help of this medication, HRT is often performed during menopause. Preparations of the new generation have good reviews in most cases. Side effects do not develop, if you follow the recommendations of the doctor.
The effect of the drug "Klimonorm"
"Klimonorm" - a combined drug, which is appointed to eliminate the symptoms of menopause and consists of estrogen and progestogen. Once in the body, the substance estradiol valerate turns into estradiol of natural origin. The levonorgestrel substance added to the main drug is the prevention of endometrial cancer and hyperplasia. Due to the unique composition and special intake schedule, it is possible after treatment to restore the menstrual cycle in women with an uterine females.
Estradiol completely compensates for natural estrogen in the body at the moment when menopause occurs. It helps to cope with the vegetative and psychological problems that arise during menopause. It is also possible to slow down the formation of wrinkles and increase the collagen content in the skin during HRT during menopause. Drugs help reduce total cholesterol and reduce the risk of bowel disease.
When ingested the drug is absorbed in a short period in the stomach. In the body, the drug is metabolized to form estradiol and estrol. Already within two hours the maximum activity of the agent in the plasma is observed. The substance levonorgestrel is almost 100% bound to blood albumin. Excreted in the urine and a little bile. With particular attention it is worth picking up medications for carrying out ZGT at a climax. Drugs at level 1 are considered potent and can significantly improve the condition of the woman after 40 years. Medications from this group include the “Klimonorm” product.
Indications and Contraindications
The drug can be used in the following cases:
- hormone replacement therapy for menopause,
- involutional changes of the skin and mucous of the urogenital system,
- lack of estrogen during menopause,
- preventive measures of osteoporosis,
- normalization of the monthly cycle
- therapeutic process with primary and secondary amenorrhea.
- non-menstrual bleeding
- hormone-dependent precancerous and cancerous conditions,
- mammary cancer,
- liver disease,
- acute thrombosis and thrombophlebitis,
- hypersensitivity to components
- diseases of the uterus.
HRT is not always indicated during menopause. Preparations of the new generation (the list is presented above) are prescribed only if the menopause is accompanied by a significant deterioration in the well-being of the woman.
If there are still periods, treatment should begin on the fifth day of the cycle. With amenorrhea and menopause, the treatment process can be started at any time during the cycle, with the exception of pregnancy. One package of Klimonorm medicine is designed for a 21-day dose. The tool is drunk according to this algorithm:
- the first 9 days a woman takes yellow dragees,
- the next 12 days are brown dragees,
After treatment, menstruation appear, usually on the second or third day after taking the last dose of medication. For seven days there is a break, and then you need to drink the next package. Drops should be taken without chewing, and drink water. It is necessary to take the tool at a certain time, not missing.
It is imperative to adhere to the scheme of HRT with menopause. Preparations of the new generation may have negative reviews. It will not be possible to achieve the desired effect, if you forget to take dragees in a timely manner.
In case of overdose, such unpleasant phenomena as indigestion, vomiting and bleeding that are not associated with menstruation may occur. There is no specific antidote. In case of overdose, symptomatic treatment is prescribed.
The drug belongs to the group of anti-menopausal drugs. Available in the form of tablets of two kinds. In the package you can find pills of white color with a film cover. The main substance is estradiol at a dose of 2 mg. Also to the first type of tablets are gray. The composition contains estradiol 1 mg and didrogesteron 10 mg. Packaged tool in blisters of 14 pieces each. The second type includes pink tablets, which contains estradiol 2 mg.
With this tool, replacement therapy is often carried out. With particular attention are selected, when it comes to HRT during menopause, drugs. Reviews "Femoston" has both positive and negative. Good sayings still prevail. The drug eliminates many climacteric manifestations.
Femoston is a biphasic combination drug for the treatment of postmenopause. Both components of the drug are analogues of the female sex hormones progesterone and estradiol. The latter replenishes the supply of estrogen during menopause, removes the symptoms of a vegetative and psycho-emotional nature, prevents the development of osteoporosis.
Didrogesterone is a gestagen, which reduces the risk of hyperplasia and uterine cancer. This substance has estrogenic, androgenic, anabolic and glucocorticoid activity. When released into the stomach, it is quickly absorbed and then fully metabolized. If HRT is indicated for menopause, “Femoston” and “Klimonorm” should be used first.
The drug refers to the means to improve well-being during menopause. It has a phytotherapeutic composition. Available in the form of tablets and drops. Tablets of pink color with a brown shade. The composition contains a dry extract of cimicifuga 20 mg. The drops contain liquid extract of cimicifuga 12 mg. The drops have a light brown color and the smell of fresh wood.
- vegetative-vascular disorders associated with menopause symptoms.
- hormone-dependent tumors
- hereditary lactose intolerance,
- hypersensitivity to the components.
Carefully review the instructions before starting HRT with menopause. Preparations (plaster, drops, dragees) should be used only on the recommendation of a gynecologist.
The drug "Klimadinon" prescribed one tablet or 30 drops twice a day. It is advisable to carry out therapy at the same time. The course of treatment depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Refers to the means that are used to treat menopause. Available in the form of gray-pink tablets. The drug includes estradiol 1 mg and 2 mg drospirenone. Packaged tool in blisters, 28 pieces each. The specialist will tell you how to properly conduct HRT during menopause. New generation drugs can not be used without prior consultation. Hormone therapy can be both beneficial and harmful.
The drug has the following indications:
- hormone replacement therapy during menopause,
- prevention of osteoporosis with menopause.
- bleeding from the vagina of obscure origin,
- mammary cancer,
In the period of menopause, many gynecologists recommend to carry out HRT during menopause. New generation drugs are an excellent solution for women over 45 years old.
Dosage medication "Angelic"
One package is designed for 28 days of admission. Take one pill daily. It is better to drink the medicine at the same time, without chewing and drinking water. There should be therapy without gaps. Neglecting the recommendations will not only not bring a positive result, but may also provoke vaginal bleeding. Only proper adherence to the scheme will help to normalize the menstrual cycle in the process of conducting HRT during menopause.
The new generation of drugs (Angelic, Klimonorm, Klimadinon, Femoston) have a unique composition, which helps to restore female hormonal imbalance.
This medicine is available in the form of a patch containing 3.8 mg of estradiol. The oval-shaped tool is glued to the skin area, hidden under clothing. In the process of using the patch, the active component is released, improving the condition of the woman. After 7 days, the tool must be removed and glued new, to another area.
Side effects from the use of the patch develop quite rarely. Despite this, a hormonal remedy should be used only after consultation with the doctor.
Reviews of HRT
Drugs of the new generation, which are used in hormone replacement therapy, are able to restore women's health in the period of menopause. They have good reviews from women over 45. Medications for a short period relieve patients from vegetative and psycho-emotional disorders, are also excellent prevention of osteoporosis. All funds are well tolerated and not addictive.
Experts note that after the treatment is completed, the menstrual cycle is normalized in women, the skin becomes healthy and becomes smooth and tender. Blood cholesterol levels are reduced. Small wrinkles are smoothed on the face, patients have a great mood and a burst of energy. Tablets and pills are easy to take, according to the scheme. They all have a protective sheath that does not irritate the gastric mucosa. The hormonal patch is also popular.
How to alleviate the condition with menopause?
Some women endure the climatic period quite easily. They do not experience frequent hot flashes, irritability, dryness of mucous membranes and other manifestations of menopause. Accordingly, their life does not change for the worse, and they easily continue to lead a normal life.
But, unfortunately, according to statistics of such women, only 30% of the total number of women who have entered the pre-climatic and climatic period. What to do the rest, how to alleviate your condition, to lead a normal full life, do you need to drink hormones?
The main task that experts set for themselves is the removal of unpleasant symptoms. However, we must not forget that age-related changes in the body lead to disruption of the work of important systems and individual organs. It is for this reason that patients after the age of 55 begin to develop various age-related diseases.
To prevent the negative impact of menopause on the body and remove the main symptoms of this condition, experts recommend taking specialized means.
Important! Hormone replacement drugs can be selected only by an experienced specialist. Self-medication is strictly prohibited!
What is hormone replacement therapy?
Hormone therapy for menopause involves taking pharmaceuticals that compensate for the lack of its own active substances. These substances are produced by the ovaries, and when their functions are extinguished in the patient's body, their acute deficiency occurs.
Today, experts share hormone therapy into 2 types, it is:
- Short-term treatment when taking pills does not exceed 24 months. This treatment is aimed at relieving the main symptoms of menopause. This therapy is indicated for patients who do not have associated pathologies of vital organs and serious psycho-emotional disorders.
- Long-term treatment, in which the medication can last up to 8 years. This therapy is aimed at eliminating serious disorders of the nervous system, cardiovascular system, endocrine pathologies and other aggravating diseases.
How long it is for you to take hormones, the doctor must decide on the basis of your complaints and the general condition of the body.
Menopause treatment - hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
Many patients, after reading the information about the positive effect of HRT, begin self-treatment. They, guided by the advice of girlfriends, relatives or the World Wide Web, acquire pills and begin to take them uncontrollably. Doctors warn, this is absolutely impossible to do! Replacement therapy has a number of contraindications, with which a woman can greatly harm their health.
Before starting treatment, which should only be prescribed by the attending physician, a woman needs to undergo a series of examinations and visit a whole list of narrow specialists. The patient must consult the following doctors:
Treatment is prescribed only in the case when a woman has no contraindications to therapy, and her condition requires correction. Often, patients are not recommended to start taking pills, due to the low severity of menopause. If the body copes with the restructuring, and the woman almost does not change the rhythm of life, experts advise to use other means to facilitate well-being.
Indications for use of HRT
HRT is aimed at stopping, as well as preventing diseases associated with ovarian extinction. For example, if the patient already has symptoms of the climatic period, she may be recommended this therapy. Also, treatment is recommended to prevent the development of age-related diseases that occur in the late phase of menopause.
Hormone-specific therapy for menopause is prescribed in the case of:
- Early or artificial menopause,
- Significant risk of osteoporosis,
- The presence of heart disease,
- Presence of genetic predisposition to the development of cardiovascular system.
These indications are unconditional only in the case when the patient has no serious reasons to refuse treatment of HRT. If any, doctors offer alternative treatment.
Funds for hormone replacement therapy during menopause
Today, the pharmaceutical industry can offer patients 3 groups of drugs:
- Synthetic. These drugs work on the principle of replacement and compensate for the lack of their own substances in the body.
- Hormonal extracts. Medicines are obtained from the ovaries of animals. They also act as a substitution method.
- Phytohormones. Obtained from plants. The products contain hormone-like substances and are used for mild manifestations of menopause.
Each of these groups of medicines has its own indications and prohibitions for use. To choose and prescribe a tool should the attending physician.
Important! The sooner you see a specialist, the lower the risk of developing dangerous age-related diseases!
Preparation for hormone replacement therapy
Before prescribing ZTG, the patient must undergo a series of diagnostic procedures. This is most often laboratory tests and hardware diagnostics to determine the state of all organs and systems. The diagnosis includes the following procedures:
- Ultrasound of the endocrine glands,
- Mammography and breast palpation,
- Gynecological smear,
- Plasma assay
- BP monitoring,
- Other procedures according to indications.
In the presence of chronic diseases, the appointment of HRT is possible only after a course of treatment of these diseases and the elimination of their main causes.
The choice of means: the types and forms of hormonal drugs for menopause
Today the choice of means is wide enough. Doctors use both natural and synthetic medicines for HRT. In addition, the patient can offer a choice of several forms of drugs that differ in the method of administration. Drugs are:
- Oral - for oral administration,
- Transdermal - for subcutaneous administration,
- Local - for application to the mucous membranes of the vagina and abdominal skin.
The choice of the form of the drug should be accompanied not only by the ease of administration, but also by reducing the risk of complications.So, if you have problems with the digestive tract, it is better to abandon the oral form and choose a local therapy.
Hormonal tablets for menopause
Most often, patients still choose a tablet form of HRT. However, it is worth noting that, despite the usual method of reception, these funds may not be suitable for all women. Hormonal tablets for menopause can be taken only to those patients who do not have gastrointestinal diseases. Any pathology of the esophagus, stomach, liver, biliary tract or pancreas should be a contraindication to taking pills. Also, these funds can not always be combined with other drugs.
Important! If you are taking any medications, report this to your doctor so that he can find remedies that are compatible with your medications.
Hormonal drugs for HRT - a list
Most often, doctors today prescribe a new generation of funds. List of drugs for menopause, names:
All of the above medicines, regardless of their form, are products of a new generation. They include a minimum dose of hormones, which protects patients from pathological phenomena in the internal organs. However, despite the relative safety of these drugs, the doctor must carefully weigh the pros and cons of the appointment of HRT for each patient individually. If there are even minimal risks, experts advise to refuse therapy and treat the manifestations of menopause with non-hormonal drugs.
What hormonal drugs should be taken during menopause?
Currently, doctors strongly recommend taking female hormones in pills or other forms of release only the new generation. Obsolete drugs, although much cheaper, have a large number of side effects. This is due to the high content of synthetic substances in their composition.
If you do not want to face the development of additional pathologies, choose a new generation of drugs with minimal doses of active substances.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause with new generation drugs shows excellent results in combating the unpleasant symptoms of this period. However, no need to resort to hormones for mild symptoms.
Doctors advise taking HRT only when the negative aspects of menopause significantly worsen the patient's life. If the level of hormones changes gradually, there are no strong manifestations of menopause, it is better to turn to non-hormonal natural drugs during this period.
Important! Whether to drink hormones, and which medicines are best for you to decide the doctor!
Do hormonal pills for women have contraindications?
Tablets have a number of absolute prohibitions, upon detection of which the patient cannot be prescribed therapy, namely:
- Liver disease
- Cancer of the cervix, ovary and breast,
- Endometrial cancer,
- Impaired glucose metabolism
- Vaginal bleeding,
- Heart Disease Severe,
- Any hormone-dependent tumors.
In addition, a pregnancy in an early preclimax can be a contraindication.
“I was advised by the gynecologist to take natural remedies. They chose the Klimistille - he helped me with the tides. then the internal energy reappeared. And I even wanted to have sexual relations with my husband again, but it was all without any particular desire. "
Side Effects of HRT and Contraindications to Its Use
In addition to the absolute contraindications for the use of HRT, therapy must be adjusted or canceled if side effects occur. An urgent need to consult a doctor if hormonal treatment caused the following side effects:
- Chest pain, nipple engorgement,
- Any violations of the gastrointestinal tract,
- Swelling of the face and limbs,
- Vaginal dryness or excessive mucus
- Migraines, fatigue, weakness,
- Cramps in the legs,
- Increased blood viscosity,
- The appearance of acne and other rashes on the skin.
These conditions can also be an obstacle to further HRT. If any of the above symptoms occur, you should sign up for a consultation with a doctor.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause - all the pros and cons
Whether hormones are necessary for age-related changes, this question has been causing a lot of controversy among doctors for several years. Despite the proven efficacy of HRT, many doctors are taking hormone intake quite skeptically. Undoubtedly, the products of the new generation remove the severe manifestations of menopause and save the body from the development of diseases and premature aging. However, the lack of information about the long-term effects of drugs on the body causes a lot of controversy.
Many doctors believe that interfering with natural aging processes invariably lead to long-term complications. In addition, each organism is individual, and the use of HRT does not make it possible to adjust the dose of hormones in the body. Also alarming and a large number of side effects. Some doctors believe that it is in some cases that HRT causes the development of tumors.
Modes of taking hormonal drugs
Today, there are three main modes of taking pills, depending on the phase and severity of the condition:
- Monotherapy In this mode, estrogenic or progestogenic agents are taken continuously or at certain intervals.
- Two phase or three phase mode. In this case, combined means are used, taken continuously or cyclically.
- Combined mode. In this mode, drugs are taken alternately with different types of substances in a specific schedule.
Despite the frequent skepticism of patients towards hormone-substituting treatment, female hormonal drugs can significantly improve a woman’s quality of life, alleviate the main symptoms and prevent the development of many diseases. Modern tools will help get rid of:
- Depressive state
- Decreased libido,
- Vaginal dryness
- Premature aging
- Excess weight.
Important! New generation pills, prescribed for menopause, do not harm the body and minimize the risk of developing oncology, osteoporosis and heart disease!
Non-hormonal drugs taken during menopause to relieve symptoms
Treatment without the use of hormonal agents in ovarian extinction involves taking estrogen-based drugs. Such therapy is most often prescribed to patients with mild symptoms, or if the patient is prohibited from performing HRT. These are natural products that have virtually no side effects and contraindications.
In most cases, treatment with phytoestragens gives positive results and relieves the symptoms of menopause.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause: drugs, indications
Female hormonal drugs make it easier to carry the symptoms of menopause.
Entering menopausal age is a concern for most women. This period raises many questions, fears. What happens to the female body?
- Decreased ovarian production of the hormone estrogen, which causes a hormonal imbalance ("working" in a pair of progesterone remains at the same level).
- The cardiovascular system becomes vulnerable, manifestations such as hot flashes, sharp fluctuations in blood pressure, dizziness, sweating appear.
- Lack of estrogen leads to loss of calcium in bone tissue, so bones, teeth, hair become brittle, and osteoporosis can develop in a severe form.
- Disturbance of psycho-emotional state, insomnia, excessive irritability, loss of consciousness.
- Pathological changes in the organs of the female reproductive system: fibroids, hyperplasia, endometritis.
To minimize the negative effects on the woman's body during menopause, doctors prescribe hormone replacement therapy (HRT). It consists in taking systemic or local preparations that support the necessary hormonal balance, balance.
The positive effect of therapy
Do not be afraid of taking pills, suppositories, gels. Medical practice proved their effectiveness and relative safety:
- the risk of developing heart attacks, strokes, other cardiovascular pathologies is reduced by 40%,
- the bone system is strengthened, better calcium absorption occurs,
- decreases the likelihood of developing cancer of the uterus, breast, endometrial pathologies,
- improving overall well-being,
- ensuring a full-fledged sex life, maintaining the elasticity of the mucous membranes, highlighting the secret in the required amount,
- aging processes are slower,
- improves the appearance, condition of the skin, hair, nails.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause: drugs, lists, types
Dosage form of the drug may be different, it depends on the method of influence on the body. If necessary, to achieve a systemic effect, apply oral forms. Their advantage is the convenience of reception. Local include candles, vaginal tablets, transdermal means (ointments, gels). Their goal is to treat the conditions of the female genital organs.
Conventionally, HRT drugs can be divided into three groups:
- Monohormonal. The composition includes only synthetic estrogen. Such drugs are prescribed for surgery to remove the uterus at any age (artificial / surgical early menopause), sleep disorders, severe vascular manifestations.
- Integrated. They contain synthetic analogues of estrogen and progesterone. They can be taken for the prevention, protection of the endometrium from hyperplastic conditions. Here, for example, “Klimonorm”, as well as local remedies intended for postmenopausal therapy.
- Phytohormones. These are drugs that women take to prevent the appearance of menopausal symptoms, alleviate the conditions of the vascular system. Bioflavonoids are natural analogues of female estrogen, similar in structure, effect on the body. They are allowed to take even with contraindications of HRT.
Hormonal pills not only improve the well-being of women, they struggle with negative consequences for the female genital, cardiovascular, and bone systems.
HRT for menopause (drugs of the new generation) is prescribed only by the attending physician after conducting a detailed examination, including an ultrasound of the pelvic organs, a mammogram, blood tests for tumor markers and hormones. Additionally requires the conclusion of specialized experts in the presence of a history of chronic diseases. You can book an appointment with any of them or get a free consultation here http: //45plus.rf/registration/.
Restrictions, contraindications, side effects
Female hormonal drugs for menopause, like any other medicine, have certain side effects. These are individual manifestations, depending on the specific drug. The most common are weight gain, headaches, swelling, impaired outflow of bile, various reactions of the mammary glands. But there are much more positive moments from HRT, therefore doctors make a decision about its appointment.
However, there are categorical contraindications for the use of hormonal drugs:
- cancers of the mammary glands, uterus, melanomas, other forms of malignant tumors,
- thrombosis, thromboembolism of any etiology,
- some types, diabetes mellitus,
- diseases of the liver, kidneys, biliary tract, accompanied by dysfunction of these organs,
- autoimmune diseases
- unexplained bleeding.
Additionally, the doctor may limit HRT for uterine myoma, endometrial diseases, and acute and developing cardiovascular conditions.
Short and long hormone therapy
It is not true that the hormone estrogen is needed only to maintain reproductive function in the body. It has a great influence on the metabolism, the functionality of the cardiovascular system and even immunity. It is the use of hormonal drugs in the complex in the form of candles, tablets, patches to avoid such complications amid hormonal failure such as:
- Alzheimer's disease.
In addition, preparations containing female hormones:
- eliminate itching, burning and dryness and dysfunction in the vagina,
- regulate the premenopausal and menopausal cycle,
- correct intestinal disorders in the background of a decrease in estrogen levels in menopause.
Similar analogues in the form of steroid hormones are applicable to eliminate violations of the ovaries. But compliance with the dosage and exact dosage regimen developed by the doctor is required.
HRT (hormone replacement therapy) can be a short-term treatment up to 36 months in order to:
- eliminate tides
- abnormalities in the genitals
- prevention of mental disorders.
A long course of hormonal therapy up to 5 years or above is prescribed to prevent diseases:
- of cardio-vascular system,
- Alzheimer's disease.
Preparations in tablets can be applied by monotherapy cycles or three-phase, two-phase treatment in combination with androgens, endogenous.
All HRT medications are divided into two groups:
- with estrogen, recommended for reception after removal of the uterus,
- with the content of progesterone and estrogen in the complex to prevent the development of the endometrium.
In addition, every woman must know the contraindications of all drugs, since some are not applicable when detecting:
- melanoma, endometrial cancer,
- malignant tumors in the mammary glands,
- autoimmune disease
- liver damage,
- severe hemorrhages of unknown origin,
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels
Women taking courses of hormones, it is necessary every six months to visit a gynecologist and be examined.
List of hormonal drugs
Acknowledgment in women deserved drugs containing phytoestrogens - hormones close to estrogen.
- Femoston is a hormonal drug with estradiol to eliminate the unpleasant manifestations of menopause, replenish estrogen levels, prevent psycho-emotional signs, and osteoporosis.
- Progestogen with androgens, anabolics, glucocorticoids is taken to reduce the possible formation of hyperplasia, cancer of the uterus.
- Divigel - a means to supplement the level of estrogen during menopause.
- Divina - pills for menstrual bleeding in composition with estrogen and progesterone.
- Levistics - tablets to simulate the natural menstrual cycle.
- Indivin - anti-menopausal agent containing estrogen and progestogen.
- Climara - maintains the level of estrogen in the plasma.
- Klimonorm - with involutional changes of the skin, urinary system, reducing bone strength, psycho-emotional dysfunctions, vegetative-vascular disorders.
- Livial - to improve the condition of the skin during menopause.
- Nemestran capsules - suppress gonadotropin secretion.
- Norkolut - helps the transition of the proliferative phase of the cycle in the secretory.
- Premarin - helps alleviate menopausal syndrome.
- Creatine is a remedy for improving muscle tissue.
Phytoestrogens with HRT
Phytoestrogens or non-hormonal drugs are effective together with HRT during menopause:
- Red brush capsules.
In addition, it is recommended that women review their diets and add fiber to increase the effectiveness of taking estrogen medications to gradually reduce unpleasant symptoms.
Do not neglect the dosages of HRT, increase them together with phytoestrogens to prevent deterioration of health, the occurrence of serious complications.
Benefits of hormone replacement therapy
Climax is a physiological process in the female body that cannot be avoided. Involutionary changes in hormonal functions in the body are characteristic. In some women, premenopause begins at the age of 39-40, with:
- the follicular apparatus is severely depleted,
- ovarian function fades away
- changes in the nervous tissue of the meninges,
- production of progesterone, estrogen in the ovaries decreases.
Such processes in the body make the pituitary gland work in a tense manner, and more synthesized hormones appear in the blood. The reaction of the pituitary gland leads to:
- reduced estrogen levels
- violation of the activity of the endocrine glands,
- hormonal imbalance in the body,
- manifestation of climacteric symptoms.
The latter are expressed in the form of psycho-emotional instability, stress, increase in blood pressure, heart palpitations, numbness in the fingers, pain in the heart, headaches, dryness, itching and burning in the vagina.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause is a pathogenetically based method that helps reduce the risk of developing serious diseases that occur when there is a shortage of important hormones.
The advantage of hormonal treatment in:
- minimization of unpleasant climatic manifestations,
- a protective effect on vessels from cholesterol accumulation,
- elimination of depression,
- preventing the development of ovarian cancer,
- prevention of osteoporosis, increased bone density.
Therapy is indispensable for maintaining weight in women, a protective effect on the entire body during menopause.
Hormone replacement therapy is indicated when:
- the unpleasant symptoms that menopause causes,
- in order to prevent complications and pathologies against the background of hormonal changes,
- susceptibility to the development of osteoporosis,
- pathology of the cardiovascular system during menopause,
- risk of developing diabetes
- hereditary hypertension
Therapy should be carried out under the full supervision of the attending physician.
When HRT is prescribed
Before the appointment of HRT, women are first assigned to a survey and tests:
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity and thyroid,
- cervical smear,
- analysis to determine the propensity to form blood clots,
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland of other organs if necessary.
The main thing for the doctor is to choose the right hormonal treatment in order to eliminate the factors provocateurs that led to these changes in the female body. Unfortunately, concomitant diseases in menopause are difficult to treat and it is only possible to minimize their negative impact on the body by choosing replacement therapy.
Types of hormonal drugs
Homeopathic remedies are available in the form of a gel, tablets, creams, patches topically to moisturize the vaginal mucosa, applied to the thighs, chest or abdomen.
Each form of HRT has its advantages and disadvantages. The main thing is to follow the dose and treatment course, previously agreed with your doctor. In addition, patches and gels are convenient for use, they act quickly and do not adversely affect the liver, kidneys and gastrointestinal tract.
Women are recommended to use hormonal drugs that do not interact with other drugs. It is best to use candles and ointments intravaginally or gels and patches for local exposure.
Contraindications to HRT with menopause
With specific therapy, hormones are not suitable for every woman. Before use, be sure to read the instructions, consult with doctors. Contraindications are available for all drugs. When menopause, such therapy is not prescribed in the case of:
- tumors in the mammary glands,
- oncology, previously transferred with a high risk of recurrence,
- endometrial tumors,
- severe uterine bleeding of unknown origin,
- pulmonary embolism,
- angina pectoris,
- uncontrollable hypertension
- blood pressure surges,
- hepatitis and cirrhosis of the liver,
- individual intolerance to the components
- hereditary predisposition to the development of breast cancer,
- gallstone disease
- hereditary disorders in fat metabolism.
HRT can be performed if the cervical tumor has been safely removed earlier, and there are no infectious lesions in the vulva of the vaginal mucosa.
Some drugs have side effects. For example, Klimonorm is not applicable for diabetes, stomach ulcers, jaundice. Logest undesirable to take with frequent attacks of migraine, colic in the liver, severe intrauterine bleeding. Trisequens is not applicable for internal bleeding, malignant tumors of the genital organs.
In addition, medications do not apply for:
- poor blood clotting,
- liver failure
- endometrial cancer and breast cancer
- diseases of the cardiovascular system,
- heart attack
- allergic manifestations.
It is important for women to understand that the arrival of menopause should not impose any restrictions on your normal life, therefore you should definitely struggle with excess weight and bad habits, beware of developing heart disease and osteoporosis, stop smoking and taking alcohol, and adhere to a healthy lifestyle.
It is HRT in most cases that has a positive effect on the female body, helps to eliminate depressive state and disorders of the urogenital system, improve the condition of muscles, skin and hair, minimize the risk of developing a tumor in the large intestine, reduce menopause symptoms, normalize the menstrual cycle during menstruation and menopause general well-being of women.
Thank God, I did not need hormones, although I felt very bad with the onset of menopause. But the doctor recommended to try to start phytoestrogens (in the composition of capsules Estrovel), which in the end significantly contributed to reducing the frequency of my tides. Anyway, the composition of the capsules is good - everything you need and useful
Interesting information, thank you
In principle, it is logical - once your hormones are not produced, then you can take them from outside. But still scary for the consequences, to me personally. Phytoestrogens and tides decreased me well and gave normal state of health, too I take Estrovel capsules periodically, they suit me.
I, too, was advised by the doctor to start with non-hormonal ones, I drink cyclime alanine, the tides have decreased. They got me the most. I also make sage, hawthorn, eat less meat, more vegetables. I really hope that hormones will never come to that.
How hormone replacement therapy is performed for menopause: a review of essential drugs + feedback from specialists and patients
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause plays an important role in regulating the pathological changes occurring in the female body during this critical period.
Despite the existence of a number of myths about the huge danger of such an event, numerous reviews suggest the opposite.
Modern drugs can avoid many of the side effects inherent in previously used tools.
Changes in the body of women during menopause
In fact, menopause is the result of the natural aging of the female body, associated with the gradual inhibition of the functions of the reproductive system, ensuring the production of hormones.
There are the following changes in the female body during menopause:
- Climacteric syndrome is expressed by specific signs: hot flashes and sweating, instability of blood pressure and mental state, chills, tachycardia, insomnia, numbness of the fingers, headache. In most women, such abnormalities occur during the premenopause or menopause phase, but for some, the syndrome can develop only in subsequent phases.
- Violations in the urogenital system are characterized by a significant decrease in sexual activity, discomfort in the vagina, itching, burning and pain when emptying the bladder, spontaneous urination.
- Dystrophy of the skin and appendages is manifested in the form of increased dryness of the skin, nail brittleness, alopecia, mass formation of wrinkles.
- Metabolic and metabolic disorders lead to weight gain with loss of appetite, swelling of the face and lower leg as a result of fluid retention in tissues.
- At a later stage, the strength of bone tissue decreases with the formation of signs of osteoporosis, the development of arterial hypertension and ischemic processes.
What hormones are missing?
The result of the development of menopause is a sharp decrease in the ability of the ovaries to produce progesterone, and subsequently of estrogen due to degenerative disabling of the follicular mechanism and changes in the brain nerve tissues. Against this background, the sensitivity of the hypothalamus to these hormones decreases, which leads to a decrease in the production of gonadotropin (GnRg).
The response is the increased work of the pituitary gland in the production of luteinizing (LH) and follicle-stimulating (FSH) hormones, which are designed to stimulate the production of lost hormones. Due to excessive activation of the pituitary gland, hormonal balance is stabilized for a certain period. Then, the lack of estrogen affects, and the functions of the pituitary gland gradually slow down.
Reduced production of LH and FSH leads to a decrease in the number of GnRg. The ovaries slow down the production of sex hormones (progestins, estrogens and androgens), up to a complete cessation of their production. It is a sharp decrease in these hormones and leads to climacteric changes in the female body.
What is hormone replacement therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause (HRT) is a method of treatment in which drugs similar to sex hormones are administered, the secretion of which is delayed. The female body recognizes these substances as natural, and continues to function normally. This ensures the necessary hormonal balance.
The mechanism of drug action is determined by the composition, which can be based on real (animal), plant (phytohormones) or artificial (synthesized) ingredients. The composition may contain hormones of only one specific type or a combination of several hormones.
In a number of products, estradiol valerate is used as an active substance, which in the woman's body turns into natural estradiol, which imitates estrogen exactly. More common are the combined variants, where in addition to the specified ingredient contains gestagen-forming components - didrogesterone or levonorgestrel. Also available drugs with a combination of estrogen and androgen.
There are 2 main therapeutic regimens for hormone replacement therapy:
- Short-term treatment. The course is designed for 1.5-2.5 years and is appointed with a lightweight climacteric period, without obvious failures in the female body.
- Long-term treatment. At the manifestation of pronounced violations, incl. in the organs of internal secretion, cardiovascular system or psycho-emotional nature, the duration of therapy can reach 10-12 years.
The indications for the appointment of HRT can serve as follows:
- Any phase of menopause. Such tasks are set - premenopause - normalization of the menstrual cycle, menopause - symptomatic treatment and reduction of the risk of complications, postmenopause - maximum relief of the condition and exclusion of tumors.
- Premature menopause. Treatment is needed to stop the inhibition of reproductive female functions.
- After the surgical operations associated with the removal of the ovaries. HRT helps to maintain hormonal balance, which prevents drastic changes in the body.
- Prevention of age-related disorders and pathologies.
- Sometimes used as a contraceptive measure.
Points for and against
Around HRT, there are many myths that frighten women, which sometimes causes them to be skeptical of such treatment. To make the right decision, you need to deal with the real arguments of opponents and supporters of the method.
Hormone replacement therapy provides a gradual adaptation of the female body to the transition to other conditions, thus avoiding serious disturbances in the functioning of a number of internal organs and systems.
In favor of HRT saying such positive effects:
- Normalization of psycho-emotional background, including eliminating panic attacks, mood swings and insomnia.
- Improving the functioning of the urinary system.
- The inhibition of the destructive processes in the bone tissues due to the preservation of calcium.
- Prolongation of the sexual period as a result of increased libido.
- Normalization of lipid metabolism, which reduces cholesterol. This factor reduces the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Protection of the vagina from atrophy, which ensures the normal state of the penis.
- Significant relief of menopausal syndrome, incl. softening tides.
Therapy becomes an effective preventive measure to prevent the development of a number of pathologies - cardiological diseases, osteoporosis, atherosclerosis.
The arguments of the opponents of HRT are based on the following arguments:
- insufficient knowledge of the introduction into the system of regulation of hormonal balance,
- the difficulty of choosing the optimal therapeutic scheme,
- introduction of biological tissues into natural, natural aging processes,
- the inability to establish an accurate intake of hormones by the body, which makes it difficult to dose them in preparations,
- lack of evidence of real efficacy in late stage complications,
- the presence of side effects.
The main disadvantage of HRT is the risk of such side effects - breast pain, endometrial tumor formation, weight gain, muscle spasms, gastrointestinal problems (diarrhea, gas formation, nausea), changes in appetite, allergic reactions (redness, rash, itching).
Among the drugs for carrying out HRT there are several main categories:
Estrogen-based products, names:
- Ethinyl estradiol, Diethylstilbestrol. They are oral type contraceptives and contain hormones of synthetic nature.
- Clikogest, Femoston, Estrofen, Trisequens. They are based on the natural hormones estriol, estradiol and estrone. To improve their absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, hormones are presented in conjugated or micronized form.
- Klymen, Klimonorm, Divina, Proginova. Preparations include estriols and estrone, which are essential derivatives.
- Hormplex, Premarin. They contain only natural estrogens.
- Estragel Gels, Divigel and Climar patches are intended for external use. They are used for serious liver pathologies, diseases of the pancreas, hypertension and chronic migraine.
Progestagen based products:
- Duphaston, Themeston. They belong to didrogesteronam and do not give metabolic effects,
- Norcolut. Based on norethisterone acetate. It has a pronounced androgenic effect and is useful in osteoporosis,
- Livial, Tibolon. These remedies are effective for osteoporosis and are in many ways similar to the previous drug,
- Klymen, Andokur, Diane-35. The active ingredient is ziproterone acetate. It has a pronounced anti-androgenic effect.
Universal preparations containing both hormones. The most common - Angelic, Ovestin, Klimonorm, Triaklim.
List of new generation drugs
Currently, a new generation of drugs are becoming more common. They have such advantages - the use of ingredients that are absolutely identical to female hormones, a complex effect, the ability to use menopause in any phase, the absence of most of these side effects. They are produced for convenience in different forms - tablets, cream, gel, patch, injection solution.
The most famous drugs:
- Klimonorm. The active substance is a combination of estradiol and levonorne-sterol. Effective to eliminate the symptoms of menopause. Contraindicated in hemorrhages of an ectopic nature.
- Norgestrol. It is a combination tool. It copes well with the neurogenic disorder and autonomic disorders.
- Cyclo-Proginova. Helps to increase female libido, improves the functioning of the urinary system. Can not be used in pathologies of the liver and thrombosis.
- Klymen. It is based on ziproterone acetate, valerate, antiandrogen. Fully restores hormonal balance. When used, the risk of weight gain and depression of the nervous system increases. Allergic reactions are possible.
A significant group of drugs for HRT are herbal products and medicinal plants themselves.
Rather active suppliers of estrogen are such plants:
- Soy. With its use, you can slow down the onset of menopause, facilitates the manifestation of hot flashes, reduces the cardiac effects of menopause.
- Klopogon. It is able to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, blocking changes in bone tissue.
- Red clover. Possesses properties of the previous plants, and also is capable to reduce the content of cholesterol.
On the basis of phytohormones such preparations are produced:
- Estrofel. It contains phytoestrogen, folic acid, vitamins B6 and E, calcium.
- Tibolon Can be used for the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Inoklim, Feminal, Tribustan. Means are based on phytoestrogen. Provide gradually increasing therapeutic effect in menopause.
If there is any chronic disease of the internal organs, the physician should evaluate the possibility of carrying out HRT, taking into account the characteristics of the female body.
This therapy is contraindicated in such pathologies:
- uterine and ectopic bleeding (especially for unexplained causes),
- tumor formation in the reproductive system and the mammary gland,
- uterine diseases and diseases of the breast,
- serious renal and hepatic pathologies,
- adrenal insufficiency,
- anomalies of lipid metabolism,
Features of surgical menopause therapy
Artificial or surgical menopause occurs after removal of the ovaries, which leads to the cessation of the production of female hormones. Under such conditions, HRT can significantly reduce the risk of complications.
Therapy includes the following schemes:
- After removal of the ovaries, but the presence of the uterus (if the woman is younger than 50 years old), cyclical treatment is applied in such variants - estradiol and cipraterone, estradiol and levonorgestel, estradiol and didrogesterone.
- For women over 50 years old - monophasic therapy with estradiol. It can be combined with norethisterone, medroxyprogesterone or drosirenone. Tibolone is recommended.
- In the surgical treatment of endometriosis. To eliminate the risk of relapse, therapy with estradiol in combination with dienogest, didgesterone is carried out.
Hormone replacement therapy, with all the risks of side effects, is deservedly considered one of the main ways to alleviate the condition of a woman during the climperic period. The drug of the last generation is deprived of many shortcomings, and received a decent assessment, both among specialists and patients. If ZTG is carried out under the supervision of a specialist, then you can expect real positive results.
Hormone replacement therapy for menopause. Hormonal drugs and uses
Natalia June 14, at 0:00 3111
Currently, pharmacies have quite a few drugs for hormone replacement therapy (HRT). These are tablets, injections, patches, gels, suppositories and ointments for intravaginal use. In our country, many years of experience has been gained in the use of various hormone-replacement drugs for various pharmacological companies in foreign countries.
The appointment and conduct of hormone replacement therapy is the prerogative of only a specialist doctor.
Estrogens are usually used to treat menopausal osteoporosis. This practice is especially widespread abroad. In our country, it is treated with great care. This is due to the need for very careful therapeutic control during estrogen therapy.
The drug for women aged 40 years and older with a preserved menstrual cycle: - quickly reduces the symptoms of menopause (flushes of heat, heartbeat, sweating, mood changes, irregular menstruation), - simulates a normal menstrual cycle, causing monthly menstrual bleeding, - prevents bone loss mass, - provides the intake of natural human estrogen throughout the 28 days of the cycle.
Dosage and method of use:
To accept inside on 1 tablet a day, it is desirable at the same time of day. Reception of the first pill starts from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle. After the end of the next package, immediately start taking the pills from the next package.
The drug for women after 50 years without menstruation: - quickly reduces the symptoms of menopause (flushes of heat, palpitations, sweating, mood changes), - eliminates unwanted menstruation, - prevents bone loss, - protects against the development of cardiovascular diseases, - prevents cancer of the uterus and ovaries.
Dosage and method of use:
To accept inside on 1 tablet a day, it is desirable at the same time of day. Treatment with the drug should begin no earlier than one year after the cessation of menstruation. Taking the pills can be started any day. After the end of the next package, immediately start the next one.
The drug for women who have undergone surgery to remove the uterus and appendages. The preparation of natural human estrogens, quickly reduces the symptoms of surgical menopause (flushes of heat, heartbeat, sweating, mood changes), prevents bone loss, protects against the development of cardiovascular diseases.
Dosage and method of use:
To accept inside on 1 tablet a day, it is desirable at the same time of day. After the end of the next package, immediately start the next one.
The drug for women with symptoms of surgical menopause, as well as natural menopause after 1 year after the last menstruation: - a synthetic drug that exhibits the properties of estrogen, progestogen and weak androgen, depending on the needs of the tissues, - eliminates menopausal symptoms, - does not stimulate the mammary glands and endometrium prevents bone loss, protects against the development of cardiovascular diseases, prevents urogenital atrophy.
Dosage and method of use:
To accept inside on 1 tablet a day, it is desirable at the same time of day.
Femoston contains a combination of the female hormone estradiol and progesterone analogues in minimal doses. This drug also does not possess the properties of androgens, showing "virility", provides no weight gain and guarantees a reliably predictable menstruation. Western physicians have long used it as an effective means of alleviating a woman's post-menopausal life and late complications in menopause (such as osteoporosis, myocardial infarction, stroke). The timely appointment of hormone replacement therapy slows down the development of all these diseases, and most importantly, reduces the risk of their development by 50%.
Femoston is one of the best modern analogues of female sex hormones and has an excellent preventive effect:
- eliminates various manifestations of menopausal syndrome (increased sweating, sleep disorders, emotional lability (instability),
- neurotic and urogenital disorders, - headaches, dizziness, - high blood pressure), - helps prevent cardiovascular diseases, especially ischemic heart disease, - cures degenerative changes in the mucous membranes of the genitals (dryness, itching and other manifestations), - improves sexual function, - corrects the regularity of menstruation,
- helps to maintain the skin in an elastic state, prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
Two preparations for sequential oral therapy - divin and divitren - contain the ester of natural estrogen - estradiol valerate and a derivative of natural progesterone - medroxyprogesterone acetate. This combination reliably protects against the occurrence of endometrial hyperplasia, has a beneficial effect on the ratio of plasma lipids and prevents the development of osteoporosis. If oral estrogen is contraindicated in a woman (for example, in violation of the functions of the liver), then choose digel - a convenient and easy-to-use transdermal gel. In patients with a preserved uterus, it is recommended to use it in combination with progesterone to prevent endometrial hyperplasia. In the case of surgical removal of the ovaries, long-term administration of divigel is prescribed according to the regimen proposed by the attending physician.
The drug for continuous combination therapy (without bleeding) —individual — is indicated for women who have not had menstruation for at least a year.
If your periods have stopped, you can start taking Divin (one tablet per day) at any time. Sometimes divina is used by women who still have menstruation. In this case, taking pills should start on the fifth day of the cycle (the first day of the cycle is the day of the onset of menstruation).
On the back of the blister pack there is a calendar scale. Mark the day you start taking the drug. Divin should be taken one tablet a day for three weeks. In the first 11 days, take the white pills, in the next 10 days - take the blue pills, in accordance with the calendar scale on the back of the package. Then a seven-day break is made, during which most women experience menstrual-like bleeding, after which a new course should be started.
Divitren tablets are prescribed only in the postmenopausal period. Their reception can be started any day. On the back of the package there is also a calendar scale. Take one tablet per day, following this scale. During the last week of taking the drug (yellow pills), menstrual bleeding begins. After taking the yellow pills, start taking the next pack of Divitren. Divigel is packed in aluminum foil bags. It should be applied once a day on the skin in the anterior surface of the abdomen or buttocks on an area equal to the palm of the hand. Within a few minutes, the gel is completely absorbed into the skin, leaving no trace on it.
Within one hour after applying the gel, do not take water procedures. Try to apply the gel at the same time of day. If you forget to apply the gel, do it as soon as you remember it. If your doctor prescribes progestogen therapy for you, while taking Divigel, strictly follow his instructions.
If your doctor prescribes an individual, you should remember that this is a long-term treatment. It helps not only to eliminate the symptoms of menopause, but also protects bone tissue from the development of osteoporosis. This drug does not cause bleeding. There are three different variants of individuals, differing in the content of estrogenic and progestin components. This means that each patient can individually select the appropriate long course of treatment. Indivin 1 + 2.5 (1 mg of estradiol valerate + 2.5 mg of medroxyprogesterone acetate). Treatment should begin with this combination. It fits most patients. If you are still worried about the symptoms of menopause or “breakthrough” bleeding during treatment, your doctor may prescribe a different dosage to you. If taking 1 + 2.5 individuals while you are still experiencing menopause symptoms such as hot flashes or excessive sweating, your doctor may prescribe: Indivina 2 + 5, which will reduce the severity of these symptoms, Indivina 1 + 5 is the combination drug that prevents the occurrence of "breakthrough bleeding." S. Trofimov