Benign tumors in the uterus - not such a rare phenomenon, which usually begin to treat conservatively. And if the tumor is large, it causes severe symptoms, it is necessary to remove it with the help of an operation with cutting the abdominal wall, at best laparoscopy.
Most patients are afraid of the intervention and its consequences. To avoid unnecessary disturbances, it is worthwhile to find out in advance what is the lumen operation of uterine fibroids, the postoperative period, and how to make them as easy as possible.
Early period after surgery
The first day after the intervention, the patient will have to spend in the intensive care unit. This is not caused by the danger of a condition that doctors can hide from it, such is the usual practice for monitoring body performance. After the termination of the anesthesia, a woman may feel pain in the incision area, as well as deep in the abdominal cavity. Some types of anesthesia may cause nausea and even vomiting. But this happens once, does not fall outside the boundaries of the norm. The body gets rid of the remnants of the drug. Feeling and strong weakness.
The first time that a woman spends in a hospital ward, she is provided with medical supervision. But she herself should monitor her feelings, talk about them to the doctor.
The postoperative period after removal of uterine fibroids with cutting of the abdominal wall lasts long enough due to the large area of tissue damage. Oddly enough, you can cut it if you move. This will give a chance to avoid adhesions, which cause long-term pain and subsequent infertility, may force intervention on their dissection. But the load must be dispensed, do not torture yourself, do not walk to exhaustion.
Pain after removal of fibroids can be felt throughout the 7-10 days in the hospital and later. Intensity depends on the ability to carry them. But sensations should not be intolerable, this already indicates the beginning of the inflammatory process. Ordinary nagging or aching pain is caused by irritation of the nerve roots, injured when tissue is damaged during surgery, and is the norm. It is felt mainly in the area of the seam. To reduce its severity prescribed pain medication. And the prevention of infections is carried out by the appointment of antibacterial agents.
The first couple of days may remain weak, in the evening the temperature rises. All this is a common postoperative reaction. Every day the strength will return, the body temperature is normalized.
Since the intervention affected not only the reproductive system, but also the abdominal wall, it is important that the work of the organs located in the abdominal cavity is clear and does not provoke even greater tissue trauma. Therefore, lane surgery, in which uterine fibroids are excised, requires the entire postoperative period to monitor nutrition, excluding some products.
The first 2 days should be limited to broth, weakly brewed tea, yogurt, that is, liquid, easily digestible food. Constipation should not be allowed, they force a large strain on the abdominal muscles, which is now strictly prohibited.
Diet after removal of fibroids and on returning home should consist of
- Lean meat, fish,
- Oatmeal, buckwheat porridge,
- Soups in weak meat or vegetable broth,
- Rye bread,
- Vegetables, herbs and fruits in any form,
- Fermented milk products.
It is worth avoiding everything that provokes difficulties with defecation, increased formation of gas in the intestine, prevents tissue healing:
- Jelly, jelly,
- Rice, decoys,
- Muffin, sweets,
- Alcohol, strong coffee, tea,
- Fat meat.
What not to do after abdominal intervention
In order to go faster and better rehabilitation after the removal of uterine fibroids, abdominal surgery forces to a certain way of life and after discharge from the hospital. A woman should competently alternate physical activity and rest, regularly show herself to a doctor, visit him if problems arise. There is a whole list of actions that should be temporarily postponed until full recovery:
- Any kind of load should be feasible. It is not only about fitness for the sake of beauty, but also domestic duties. This is especially true of the first month after discharge from the hospital. It is impossible to be in one position for a long time, it is categorically forbidden to lift weights above 2-3 kg during 3-6 months after the operation. 2 next year you can take up to 10 kg of weight,
- After removal of uterine fibroids can not have sex from 1 to 3 months. This will have to check with the doctor, guided by their own well-being,
- It is impossible, wanting to avoid complications, to spend a lot of time in an upright position. This contributes to the formation of adhesions, weakening of muscles, the appearance of thrombosis. You need to walk a lot in the fresh air, periodically resting,
- Recovery after removal of uterine fibroids includes the avoidance of stress. Increased nervous load in this period is contraindicated due to the fact that it prevents not only the healing of tissues, but also the normalization of the balance of hormones. And they are important for many aspects of rehabilitation, especially in the reproductive sphere.
How to quickly recover
Postoperative time does not require abandonment of normal life, suggesting only some limitations. Recommendations after the removal of uterine fibroids, if they are carefully carried out, will help not only to recover faster, without complications, but also to avoid the recurrence of the disease:
- Limit sun exposure, generally try not to overheat. It is important for the healing of internal and external sutures, in conditions of coolness it goes faster. Until they are completely formed, you can not apply to smoothing any creams, physiotherapy. Especially not shown solarium, bath. Before healing the suture, you need to wash yourself in the shower, treating its surface with antiseptics,
- Show specialist 2 times a year, undergo pelvic ultrasound. It is also worth having a photo of the postoperative suture at different stages of healing, so that the doctor can compare it with what comes out later,
- For those who have been diagnosed with uterine fibroids, after surgery, recommendations include suggestions about nutrition. It is necessary to exclude from it smoked meats, salinity, to limit sugar. All this confuses the balance of sex hormones, from the violation of which the development of a new benign tumor may depend,
- Wear a bandage, take physiotherapy can only be advised by a doctor. Both are not shown in all cases.
- Control your own menstruation. Problems in the reproductive system respond to the passage of critical days, the amount of discharge, increased pain,
- Take care of contraceptives. Pregnancy in the first year after surgery is undesirable, since the uterus may not be ready to bear. Planning should be preceded by consultation with a specialist, necessary research.
Postoperative Drug Therapy
Disposal of neoplasm is not limited to surgery. Treatment after removal of uterine fibroids is almost always supplemented with hormonal preparations, which allow to restore the overall balance of substances, to exclude the possibility of relapse. It can be:
- Duphaston, Utrozhestan, stimulating the second phase of the cycle,
- KOK Jess, Regulon, Yarin, preventing excessive proliferative processes in the uterus.
Mandatory reception of multivitamin complexes with tocopherol, retinol, as well as means that prevent the formation of adhesions (aloe).
We recommend reading the article on menstruation for uterine myoma. You will learn about the causes of the disease and its effect on menstruation, the nature of discharge, ways to normalize the cycle.
If the operation is laparoscopic
Laparoscopy of uterine fibroids postoperative period makes it much less problematic and shorter. It is performed through punctures in the abdomen, that is, the area of the affected tissues is minimal compared to abdominal intervention. Healing goes faster with less pain. Although they can disturb not only in the stomach, but also the shoulders, neck, legs because of the gas used in the operation.
You can get up by the end of the first postoperative day. Physical activity is permitted in a larger volume, but in the first days of exercise, exercises to eliminate the effects of carbon dioxide in the abdominal cavity are especially important. The load still needs to be dosed so as not to cause seam divergences.
Otherwise, the post-operative period laparoscopically removed fibroids makes it similar to what it happens with ordinary intervention.
Band surgery, which removes uterine fibroids, the postoperative period can fill and complications. If there is a copious discharge with a foul odor, high temperature, nausea, severe pain, you should seek help without delay.
Performing abdominal surgery for uterine myoma: rehabilitation and postoperative period
Nowadays, many women experience a disease like uterine fibroids. The treatment of this disease is made in different ways. If there are appropriate indications, patients underwent abdominal surgery of uterine fibroids. The postoperative period involves compliance with the recommendations of the doctor to avoid complications. Is it possible to recover faster and without consequences?
What could be the consequences?
Surgery is a radical method of therapy to which the body may not respond very positively. Therefore, it is important to take care of yourself after uterine myomectomy. The consequences may be different.
Most distinguish the following complications:
- Often revealed violations of the heart and blood vessels. This is due to the fact that atherosclerotic vascular damage is possible with an increase in the amount of cholesterol.
- Often, patients complain about the deterioration of the urinary organs. This is manifested in the form of frequent urination, in which the lower abdomen hurts. Such phenomena are associated with the fact that muscle tone is weakened after surgery.
- Soreness in the joints due to lack of estrogen.
- Often a woman can lose weight or, conversely, get better.
- More problems are found in sexual life, libido decreases, orgasm disappears, pains in the lower vagina appear during the act.
- It may also occur after the removal of uterine fibroids omission of the vaginal walls. This is due to the fact that the muscles become weak due to excision of the ligaments. At first, such a violation does not cause any symptoms, and then women feel pain in the sacral area or perineum, because they are under pressure.
- In women, intestinal obstruction may also occur, which is caused by the formation of peritoneum adhesions.
- There is a tendency to the formation of blood clots, because patients need to comply with bed rest for a while, which is a good condition for slowing blood circulation and blood clotting.
- Often, after myomectomy, uterine fibroids in women may show dryness in the vagina, which is due to an imbalance of female sex hormones after surgery. Insufficient amount of estrogen provokes thinning and loss of elasticity of the epithelium, with too little lubrication.
The entire list of consequences after removal of uterine fibroids in women does not always occur, and if you listen to the advice of specialists, you can significantly reduce the risk of these symptoms.
Advantages and disadvantages of laparotomy in uterine myoma
Abdominal surgery has its advantages:
- Accessibility: virtually every operating gynecologist is able to remove fibroids by opening the abdomen and uterus,
- No expensive equipment and special training of doctors is required.
- Technically, abdominal surgery is a simpler procedure, and the surgeon has more room to maneuver,
- The ability to quickly stop bleeding in the surgical wound,
- Convenient removal of a tumor for suspected sarcoma,
- The ability at any time to expand the scope of the operation or to carry out additional manipulations in the pelvic cavity.
The disadvantages of laparotomy myomectomy include:
- The duration of the operation: the opening of the abdominal cavity and uterus takes longer than endoscopic intervention,
- The need for long and deep anesthesia,
- The long period of rehabilitation in the hospital and in the outpatient stage,
- The risk of complications, including infectious ones, is quite high.
- The presence of a scar on the uterus, which is unfavorable for pregnancy and childbirth,
- The appearance of a seam on the skin is a cosmetic defect.
One of the disadvantages of laparotomy is a deep and prolonged anesthesia, which can adversely affect a woman's body.
With the development of endoscopic technology, gynecologists are less likely to perform laparotomy, and today this operation is gradually becoming a thing of the past. Laparoscopy is a good alternative to abdominal intervention, but it is not always the doctor who can remove myoma through small punctures. In some cases, one has to resort to the classical procedure.
The choice of treatment is carried out after examining the patient and evaluating all available data. If the doctor insists on abdominal surgery, the woman may turn to another doctor, but not the fact that it will help. In certain situations, laparotomy is the only method to remove leiomyoma.
Indications for abdominal surgery
Laparotomy for uterine myoma is performed in such situations:
- Large size of the node and uterus (more than 12 weeks). Modern endoscopic equipment allows you to extract myoma and uterus, enlarged to 15 weeks, but not every clinic has a similar technique,
- Suspected malignant tumor. When sarcoma may require removal of the uterus and appendages, as well as certain manipulations on the vessels to prevent the spread of tumor cells with blood flow,
If a woman has sarcoma, abdominal surgery is simply necessary, since in most cases the uterus must be removed.
- The presence of a scar on the uterus. In this case, a new incision is made along the old scar with its excision,
- Uterine fibroids with compression and deformity of adjacent organs,
- Multiple interstitial nodes (at the discretion of the surgeon and depending on the technical capabilities of the clinic),
- The location of the tumor in the cervix or isthmus (with submucous cervical myoma, hysteroresectoscopy may be an alternative),
- The total number of nodes more than 4,
- Emergency treatment of complications of fibroids (massive bleeding, necrosis of the node, twisting the legs), when laparoscopic intervention is impossible.
For each patient is determined by its list of indications for abdominal surgery. When choosing a method of treatment, the age of the woman, reproductive plans, and the presence of contraindications are necessarily taken into account.
The cost of abdominal surgery in private clinics in Moscow is about 30-50 thousand rubles. In the regions, the cost may be lower. In public institutions, laparotomy myomectomy is done free of charge for the patient under the MHI policy.
If a woman has a policy of compulsory health insurance, then in state clinics the enucleation of uterine tumors in the abdominal way is done for free.
When you can not do a laparotomy
There are no absolute contraindications for abdominal myomectomy. If the uterus tumor needs to be removed, it will have to be done. Relative contraindications are:
- Acute infectious diseases
- Chronic pathology in the acute stage (including uncontrolled arterial hypertension, recent myocardial infarction or stroke and other serious conditions),
- Inflammatory processes in the genital tract,
- Purulent infectious diseases of the abdominal skin (furuncles and others).
In these situations, the operation is delayed until the patient recovers or stabilizes.
The list of contraindications expands with age, so do not delay with the removal of fibroids. The effects of anesthesia and surgery in 50-60 years will be much more serious than at a young age.
Preparing for surgery
The standard list of examinations before myomectomy includes:
- General blood analysis,
- Biochemical blood test,
In preparation for the operation, the patient must donate blood for biochemical analysis.
- Determination of blood type and rhesus factor
- General urine analysis,
- Tests for infection: HIV, syphilis, viral hepatitis,
- Survey smear on the flora of the genital tract,
- Smear on oncocytology,
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs,
- Examination by a gynecologist,
- Consultation therapist.
When submucous myoma of the uterus shows hysteroscopy - examination of the uterus with the mandatory sampling of material for histological examination. According to the testimony of the list of tests can be expanded.
A hysteroscopic procedure is necessary if the patient has a concussion node. Врач берет биоматериал на гистологию для уточнения диагноза и определения дальнейшей тактики лечения.
On the eve of the operation, the patient is examined by the anesthesiologist and decides on the choice of method of pain relief. A woman can be offered both general anesthesia and epidural anesthesia. In the latter case, the patient remains conscious.
Before surgery, it is recommended:
- Three days before the operation, stop eating foods that increase flatulence in the intestines,
- Stop taking medications that affect blood clotting (in consultation with your doctor),
- Purchase compression stockings (shown for varicose veins of the lower extremities for the prevention of postoperative thrombosis),
- On the eve of the operation, do a cleansing enema,
- The last meal should be 12-14 hours before surgery.
Technique of laparotomy with myomectomy
There are three types of operations:
- Removal of subserous uterine fibroids without opening an organ cavity,
- Enucleation (hearing) of the interstitial node,
- Removal of submucous and interstitial fibroids.
- Dissection of the skin in the lower abdomen above the pubic arch. The size of the incision depends on the amount of surgical intervention,
The operation of laparotomy with myomectomy begins with a dissection of the skin in the lower abdomen.
- Layering of the subcutaneous fat, muscle, fascia,
- Examination and palpation of the uterus to determine the optimal location of the incision of its wall,
- Removal of subserous knots on the leg (clipping from the uterus with a scalpel). The incision is made closer to the myoma. After the tumor is cut off, the pedicle shortens and, if necessary, it can be trimmed. The bed of myoma is sutured, the bleeding in the wound is stopped,
- When subserous formations on the leg operation at this stage is completed. If the node is in the muscle layer, an incision is made in the uterine wall above the tumor.
- Opening the capsule of interstitial fibroids,
- Capturing the node with forceps and husking it from the capsule,
- Excision of myoma capsules,
- Stopping bleeding in the surgical wound, suturing the tumor bed,
- Suturing the uterus,
- Layer-by-layer closure of tissues, formation of a seam on the skin
Laparotomy with myomectomy lasts about 1.5 hours. The duration of the operation depends on the extent of surgery and the course of the process. With the development of complications, the time of manipulation increases.
Practicing surgeons usually do not tell patients the exact time of the intended operation, since it is impossible to predict in advance how the removal of fibroids will proceed and how the laparotomy will end.
The exact time of the operation cannot be determined in advance, since everything depends on the development of the situation during the laparotomy procedure.
Complications during surgery and in the postoperative period
Reviews of women - those who survived this difficult operation - indicate that such a serious surgical procedure does not always go well. It is not surprising that not all patients agree to laparotomy, postponing the treatment of fibroids for many years. After removal of the tumor may develop such complications:
- Bleeding. According to doctors, this is the most frequent consequence of myomectomy. Bleeding occurs directly during surgery or in the early postoperative period and can threaten the life of a woman. A similar complication is observed with multiple myomas, especially interstitially located, as well as with severe deformity of the uterus,
- Infection of postoperative sutures. Accompanied by suppuration of tissues, the appearance of an unpleasant smell, the divergence of the filaments, fever. When the seams melt, a second operation will be required. For the prevention of infectious complications, broad-spectrum antibiotics are prescribed, the suture is treated with antiseptics,
- Relapse of fibroids. Husking a tumor does not guarantee that the node will not grow again. While the woman is in reproductive age, the fibroid can proliferate, and then without repeated medical intervention is necessary.
Serious consequences await women planning a child. The development of complications can cause infertility as a result of mechanical obstruction of the fallopian tubes. Any abdominal surgery provokes the development of adhesions - connective tissue strands in the pelvic cavity. Adhesions are able to block the lumen of the fallopian tubes and thereby prevent fertilization of the egg. Adhesions are also one of the causes of ectopic pregnancy.
The adhesions process in the uterus and peritoneum is a serious complication that can occur after a laparotomy with myomectomy.
A scar on the uterus is another trouble that awaits a woman after abdominal myomectomy. During pregnancy, the injured tissue of the uterus can disperse, which threatens to bleed, the death of the woman and the fetus. The uterus may tear along the scar during childbirth, which will also pose a threat to life. For this reason, abdominal operations are rarely performed at reproductive age, and priority is given to laparoscopic intervention.
Rehabilitation after myomectomy
The first day after surgery, the woman is in the intensive care unit under the round-the-clock supervision of the anesthesiologist. After recovering from anesthesia, the patient feels dizzy, headache, there may be nausea and vomiting. Typical weakness. There is pain in the postoperative sutures. According to reviews, the condition on the first day after surgery depends largely on the quality of anesthesia, as well as on the amount of intervention.
After abdominal surgery, the patient is in the gynecological hospital for 7-10 days. During this period, a daily suture treatment is performed on the skin, its condition is assessed. Broad-spectrum antibiotics are prescribed for a course of 7 days. In the absence of complications, the patient is discharged home, where her further rehabilitation continues. Hospital after laparotomy give a period of 14-21 days. The duration of the period of disability depends on the condition of the woman.
How to behave after abdominal surgery to remove leiomyoma:
- Observe the day regimen and do not overwork. Sleep at least 8 hours a day,
- Actively move, do not forget about daily walks, but do not bring yourself to great fatigue,
- Wear a bandage that supports the pelvic organs and suture, and also restores the tone of the abdominal wall,
Postoperative bandage will help a woman recover faster after surgery.
- Monitor the state of postoperative suture,
- Diet: avoid fried, oily, gas-forming food. It is necessary to limit the use of salt and hot spices, spices. The chair should be daily. If constipation occurs, laxatives are indicated.
- Take medication as prescribed by a doctor.
After abdominal surgery for 1-1.5 months can not:
- Do sports, including the load on the abdominal muscles,
- Lift weights (over 3 kg)
- Do heavy physical work,
- Sunbathing under the sun or in a solarium,
- To visit the sauna, bath, pool,
- To have sex.
Restoration of the menstrual cycle occurs within 1-2 months after surgery. Most women point to delayed menstruation, and this is considered to be common after surgery. Transferred myomectomy, anesthesia, stress - all this leads to hormonal disruption and interferes with the normal functioning of the ovaries. If the menstrual cycle is not restored within two months after surgery, you should consult a doctor.
You can plan a pregnancy no earlier than one year after abdominal surgery. At least 12 months is necessary for the body of a woman to recover. Many gynecologists advise to wait 1.5-2 years before conceiving a child. Before planning a pregnancy, it is necessary to make a control ultrasound, to assess the condition of the uterus and scar, and also to ensure that there are no complications.
When planning a pregnancy after a surgery, a woman should definitely have a control ultrasound examination.
Defective uterine scar after myomectomy can be an obstacle to the birth of a child through the birth canal and become an indication for cesarean section.
Special case: myomectomy during pregnancy
The indications for surgery for gestation may be such states:
- Twisting the legs of the tumor and necrosis of the node,
- The rapid growth of fibroids with compression of the pelvic organs and deformation of the uterus,
- Giant knot sizes,
- A miscarriage that has begun and the impossibility of curettage of the uterus without prior removal of fibroids (at the location of the node in the neck or neck).
Myomectomy is carried out in a planned manner for a period of 16-19 weeks, in an emergency - in any period. Priority is given to laparoscopic surgery, but in special cases, a tumor can be removed by laparotomy. After myomectomy, preserving therapy is prescribed, antibiotics for the prevention of infectious complications. The condition of the fetus is monitored by ultrasound and CTG (cardiotocography).
The current level of development of medicine allows myomectomy during pregnancy, but doctors advise to get rid of the tumor before conceiving a child. If there are indications to remove a node, the operation must be performed. The sooner the problem is solved, the less the likelihood of complications and the better the prognosis of the disease.
Uterine fibroids: the postoperative period and rehabilitation after the removal of myoma nodes in Moscow
25 April 2017 17637 0
Uterine fibroids - the reaction of the female body to damage. Such a damaging factor is menstruation. It causes the formation of rudiments of fibroids in the uterine muscle layer, from which myomatous nodes subsequently develop.
The first reaction of the woman after she is diagnosed with uterine fibroids - confusion and fear. Do not despair. Call us and you will immediately receive expert advice by e-mail.
We will call you on the phone and arrange a consultation with leading specialists from the best clinics of myoma treatment.
With a list of clinics with which we cooperate, read this link fibroid treatment clinic.
Please note that this text was prepared without the support of our Expert Council.
Uterine fibroids. Operation. Postoperative period
Currently, the gynecologists of the clinics with which we cooperate are of the opinion: myoma is not a tumor, it rarely turns into a malignant neoplasm. In this regard, they reject the generally accepted tactics of management of patients with uterine myoma. We believe that surgery for fibroids should be performed only in rare cases and in the presence of absolute indications.
Removal of uterine fibroids does not solve the main problem: it does not remove the cause of the disease and does not stop the growth of new myomatous nodes.
In the postoperative period, what methods would be performed this surgery, complications may develop. In 7-14% after surgery within a year there is a relapse of the disease.
If fibroids are removed, the postoperative period may be complicated by the formation of adhesions, which are a factor in tubal infertility.
A more traumatic operation is the removal of the uterus - hysterectomy. As a result of surgery, a woman loses a reproductive organ. During amputation, surgeons leave the cervix, and the extraction is performed with or without removal of the uterus. A woman develops hormonal dysfunction, infertility.
We believe that this operation is advisable to perform in the presence of myoma node more than 25 weeks of pregnancy, which squeezes nearby organs and causes a violation of their function. In other cases, our specialists offer uterine artery embolization.
After it, education in the uterus is reversed, the rudiments of fibroids dissolve, and large nodes can be removed after a year in more favorable conditions by the laparoscopic method.
In this case, the postoperative period runs smoothly, less complications develop.
Doctors perform hysteroresection of myoma nodes in the presence of a submucous myoma node. They use a hysteroscope for this purpose, which is inserted into the organ cavity through the vagina and the cervical canal. The postoperative period runs more smoothly, a woman can later give birth. The risk of disease recurrence remains.
When removing fibroids, doctors affect the formation of laser beams that do not damage the surrounding tissues. If they performed the removal of fibroids, the postoperative period is short, the functions of the female body are restored quickly. This intervention also does not solve the problem of growth of myoma formations in the future.
Removal of uterine fibroids. Postoperative period
The early postoperative period begins with the imposition of the last suture. The patient from the operating room is transported to the intensive care unit. This is necessary in order to control the body's functions in the postoperative period.
After the drugs used for anesthesia cease to act, the patient may experience pain in the place of the incision and in the abdomen. She needs to be allowed to rest, so in the early postoperative period, doctors prescribe painkillers.
In the usual ward, the patient is from 7 to 10 days. On the second or third day, doctors allow her to get out of bed, turning on her side and leaning on her elbow. The postoperative period after removal of uterine fibroids can be shortened if you move more. An active lifestyle is the prevention of the formation of adhesions in the abdominal cavity, but the load must be dosed.
In the early postoperative period, the body temperature can rise to subfebrile numbers. In this case, doctors prescribe antipyretic drugs, and after a couple of days the temperature returns to normal. In most cases, mimectomy is abdominal surgery. For the first 2 days, the patient is allowed to drink non-rich broth from dietary meat, poorly brewed tea, low-fat milk products.
Then expand the diet, add white bread crackers, steam cutlets, boiled ground meat, vegetable soups whipped by a blender. Subsequently, the diet should be rich in fiber and heavy carbohydrates, which are contained in vegetables and cereals.
After laparoscopic myomectomy, the postoperative period is less problematic, shorter. Doctors allow a woman to get up by the end of the first day after surgery.
In the first days of the postoperative period, follow the exercises to quickly dissolve from the abdominal cavity carbon dioxide, which the doctors injected during the operation. The important point of the postoperative period is contraception.
A woman can plan a pregnancy a year after surgery.
The postoperative period after hysterectomy
Hysterectomy or removal of the uterus is a big operation. After her, the woman loses the genital organ and the possibility of having a child. In some cases, simultaneously with the uterus, surgeons remove the appendages.
The postoperative period after hysterectomy may be difficult. The patient from the operating room is transported, accompanied by an anesthesiologist, to the intensive care unit, where she will be under the supervision of doctors for several days.
After vital functions are restored, it will be transferred to an ordinary postoperative ward.
In the early postoperative period, doctors prescribe painkillers, provide care for the patient. She is allowed to get out of bed no earlier than the third day.
It is advisable after the patient withdraws from anesthesia, turn it around, do breathing exercises, massage the back. All these activities reduce the duration of the postoperative period.
After removing the stitches, the doctors discharged the patient under the outpatient supervision of a gynecologist.
She will have to visit the attending physician in order to control the level of hormones. After removal of the uterus with appendages hormonal balance is disturbed. It must be restored with the help of special preparations prescribed by the gynecologist.
If in the postoperative period there are unpleasant sensations in the abdomen, the body temperature rises, or pain appears, the woman should be notified about this by the doctor. After abdominal hysterectomy, the postoperative period lasts about 6 months.
A woman may have problems with urination, lower vaginal fornix. The quality of her life is deteriorating. In the postoperative period, the patient needs psychological help and support from her relatives.
The help of a psychologist may also be necessary if a patient develops a depressive syndrome in the postoperative period due to the fact that she has her uterus removed.
Myoma. Rehabilitation after surgery
The postoperative period after each operation for fibroids proceeds differently. It depends on many factors:
- the prevalence of the pathological process
- the volume of surgical intervention
- type of anesthesia
- associated diseases
- age women.
In order that in the operational period there were no complications, gynecologists recommend:
- Follow a diet that provides normal evacuation function of the intestine.
- Avoid constipation, because if they are present, intra-abdominal pressure increases, which can provoke seam divergence in the early postoperative period.
- Не выполнять тяжёлой физической работы, не поднимать груз весом больше 3кг в течение первого полугода. В течение двух последующих лет необходимо ограничить вес поднимаемых грузов десятью килограммами.
- Observe the regime, alternate work with rest.
- Avoid emotional surges.
- Sex life is permitted no earlier than 1.5-2 months after surgery.
Both in the early and in the late postoperative period, direct sunlight should be avoided, not to attend a tanning bed.
If a woman has preserved reproductive function, she should take contraceptives and plan pregnancy in the terms recommended by the attending physician. In the postoperative period it is useful for her to go to rest on the resort.
During the spa treatment should be taken radon baths and spa procedures, avoiding excessive insolation.
Whether the patient is wearing a bandage in the postoperative period is decided by the doctor. He also recommends which type of product is best suited in each case. In the early postoperative period should not engage in water sports. When you can start to swim, the woman will tell the gynecologist. You should not visit the bath and sauna, take heat treatments.
The main task of dietotherapy in the postoperative period after surgery performed for fibroids is to avoid intestinal gas contamination, constipation and to provide good nutrition. In the diet should be foods that contain proteins, vegetable fats and heavy carbohydrates.
The diet should consist of lean meat and fish, vegetables, fruits, dairy products. You can not eat foods that cause difficulty in the act of defecation:
- rice and semolina,
- baking baking
- strong coffee and tea
- carbonated drinks.
In cooking should use sparing culinary technology. Products need to boil, bake in the oven or cook as a couple. You should not eat fried foods, sausages, smoked meats.
In the postoperative period, a woman needs to move more, make daily walks. They contribute to the activation of metabolism, more rapid healing of postoperative wounds, strengthen the scar. The postoperative period runs smoothly if the patient observes the regimen and follows the recommendations of the attending physician.
Our specialists in most cases, women diagnosed with fibroids, offer to perform embolization of the uterine arteries. After it, the restoration of all body functions occurs quickly, the restrictions are minimal, and the quality of life is not violated.
What can not be after the removal of fibroids?
From 20-30% of women are familiar with the diagnosis of a benign tumor of the reproductive organs. Therefore, in order to avoid recurrences and complications, one should know what cannot be done after removal of uterine fibroids.
When a neoplasm is detected at an early stage of development, doctors choose a waiting tactic. In all other cases, the patient is prescribed a conservative or surgical resolution.
Clinical symptoms, comorbidities, node characteristics, the desire of a woman to have children in consequence will influence the choice of tactics of treatment for the patient.
Surgical removal of fibroids
The first priority for doctors is to preserve the genital function of the female organs. Surgical treatment can be gentle and radical:
- Surgery to preserve the uterus and appendages - abdominal, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic myomectomy. They are a priority for women who have not given birth.
- The radical method is hysterectomy (removal of an organ with or without appendages). The indication for the purpose is the large size of the node on the background of the realized genital function.
Any of the methods can cause postoperative complications, relapse of the disease or unforeseen reactions.
Sizes for operation
With small sizes of fibroids or slow growth, preference is given to a conservative treatment method. The presence of certain factors is an unconditional indication for surgery:
- node size from 12 weeks of pregnancy
- concomitant gynecological diseases,
- necrosis of the tumor, developed due to torsion of the legs or as a result of other processes,
- squeezing of neighboring organs in violation of their functions,
- heavy uterine bleeding that cannot be treated,
- the rapid growth of fibroids,
- malignancy node.
Classification of myoma nodes by size
The size of fibroids is determined in weeks of pregnancy. Myomatous nodes are:
- Small - 5 weeks, tumor size up to 2 cm.
- Average - 10-11-weeks, from 2-6 cm.
- Large –12–15 weeks of gestation, knot over 6 cm.
- Large - the uterus reaches the size of 16 weeks of pregnancy.
Neoplasms as small as 12 weeks are shown for prompt removal. Medium and small myomas are removed in this way in case of necrosis of the tumor, impossibility of conception due to its location.
What is fibroids and how is it?
Myoma is a benign hormone-dependent nodular neoplasm originating from myometrium, the muscular layer of the uterus. At the same time, the serous membrane of the organ (peritoneum) and the inner mucous membrane (endometrium) are not involved in the pathological process, but cover the surface of the tumor.
Such a neoplasm does not germinate, but expands the surrounding healthy tissues. This feature makes it technically possible to exfoliate relatively small myomatous nodes while maintaining the integrity and functional integrity of the uterine wall.
Tumor tissue may consist only of hypertrophied muscle fibers or include additional layers of connective tissue. In the latter case, the term "fibromyoma" is valid. Soft, fairly uniform muscular tissue formations are called leiomyomas.
The growth of such a tumor of the uterus can occur in several directions:
- with prolapse into the lumen of the organ, the myoma is called submucosal or submucous,
- with muscle stratification, thickening and deformation of the uterine wall (interstitial variant),
- with protrusion of the node into the abdominal cavity (subserous location),
- with a bundle of leaves of the wide ligament of the uterus (intraligamentary myoma node).
The nodes protruding beyond the contours of the organ may have a stem of different diameter or “sit” on a broad base, sometimes immersed in the middle muscle layer.
Myoma is rarely malignant, malignancy is diagnosed in less than 1% of patients. But in many cases, such a tumor of the uterus is accompanied by various complications. They are usually the basis for making decisions about surgical treatment.
When do uterine fibroids need to be removed?
Removal of uterine fibroids (myomectomy) refers to organ-sparing operations. Therefore, in women of reproductive age with unrealized fertility, preference is given whenever possible to this option of surgical treatment.
In some cases, surgery even becomes a key stage in the treatment of infertility. This is possible if difficulties with conception or prolongation of the onset of pregnancy are due to the deformation of the uterus by submucous or large interstitial nodes.
Removal of fibroids is necessary when conservative therapy does not reduce the size of the tumor and does not allow to restrain its growth. Also indications for surgical intervention are:
- recurrent uterine bleeding,
- persistent pain syndrome
- signs of bias and impaired functioning of adjacent organs,
- with submucous and subserous nodes, especially prone to ischemic necrosis and having the risk of torsion of the legs.
Myomectomy is not performed in the following conditions:
- in the presence of large or multiple myomatous nodes,
- with cervical location of the tumor,
- profuse and not amenable to correction uterine bleeding (menometorrhagia), which leads to severe anemization of the patient and even threatens her life,
- with massive necrosis of the tumor, especially if it is accompanied by the addition of a secondary bacterial infection, septic endometritis, thrombosis, or threatens with the development of peritonitis,
- the active growth of fibroids in the patient in menopause,
- marked disruption of the functioning of the neighboring organs (bladder, ureters, intestines) caused by their displacement and compression by a large myoma node or the entire enlarged uterus.
All of these conditions are indications for the radical surgical treatment of fibroids. At the same time the hysterectomy is made.
Restrictions for myomectomy are also a severe somatic condition of the patient, the presence of her current infectious and septic diseases, the identification of contraindications for general anesthesia. In such cases, the operation may be temporarily postponed or replaced by alternative treatment methods in combination with active conservative therapy.
Ways to remove uterine fibroids
Removal of fibroids by surgery can be done in several ways. Their fundamental difference is the type of online access. In accordance with this, laparotomic, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic myomectomy are distinguished.
This is a classic abdominal surgery to remove uterine fibroids. She is accompanied by the imposition of incisions on the anterior abdominal wall of the patient with a scalpel or modern tools - for example, an electrocautery. Such access gives the operating physician the possibility of a fairly wide direct review of the abdominal cavity, but is the most traumatic for the patient.
A much more gentle method, which requires endoscopic equipment. Manipulations are made through the punctures imposed in certain places of a front abdominal wall. Recovery from such an operation is much faster than using a classical laparotomy.
Minimally invasive technique that also requires special endoscopic equipment. The doctor does not need to impose incisions and punctures; he uses the cervical canal to access the uterus.
The choice of method of operation depends on the specific clinical situation. It takes into account the size, number and localization of myoma nodes, the presence and severity of complications, the age of the patient and the risk of malignancy of the tumor. Of great importance is also the qualifications and experience of the operating physician, the equipment of the medical facility with endoscopic equipment.
How long the operation to remove uterine fibroids lasts depends on the method chosen, the amount of intervention and the presence of intraoperative complications and complications.
How is the operation performed by laboratory method?
The operation using laparotomic access is indicated for interstitial and deeply submerged subserous nodes. It is used for multiple myomatosis, a complicated course of the disease, adhesive disease, in the presence of coarse or insufficiently well-founded scars of the uterus. The removal of large uterine fibroids and cervical tumors is also usually performed laparotomically.
Incisions in the laparotomic method of surgery to remove the uterus
To access myoma nodes on the anterior abdominal wall impose a vertical or horizontal incision, followed by layered dissection and moving apart tissue. The affected organ is removed outside the abdominal cavity. Only in the presence of well-visualized nodes on the front wall can the doctor decide to carry out manipulations on the submerged uterus.
Dissect and stupidly exfoliate the serous membrane (visceral leaflet of the peritoneum), allocate myoma node with the lowest possible trauma to the surrounding healthy myometrium. The tumor is husked and removed. Stitches are placed on her bed, while serosa is separately sutured. Bleeding vessels are carefully ligated; it is also possible to use an electrocoagulator. The abdominal cavity is dried, the quality of hemostasis is monitored. After that, layers of the abdominal wall are sutured in layers.
Probable complications of laparotomy removal of fibroids are associated with technical difficulties or errors during the operation. Perhaps massive intraoperative bleeding, accidental damage to neighboring organs.
Removal of uterine fibroids by laparoscopic method
Laparoscopic surgery is a gentle and at the same time highly efficient method of removing subserous myomas on a pedicle or on a broad base. It is performed under general anesthesia in a specially equipped operating room.
Access to the uterus during laparoscopy is carried out through small punctures of the anterior abdominal wall in both iliac regions. The camera is inserted through the umbilical ring. The same puncture is used to inject carbon dioxide into the abdominal cavity, which is necessary for expanding the spaces between the walls of the internal organs, obtaining sufficient visibility and space for the safe insertion of manipulators and instruments.
Laparoscopic surgery - a more gentle way to remove fibroids
The thin leg of subserous fibroids is coagulated and cut off against the wall of the uterus. It usually does not require suturing the serous membrane, it is enough to use the electrocoagulator.
If a node is removed on an interstitial basis, the doctor will decouple it and enucleate it. Such manipulations are necessarily supplemented by gradual thorough hemostasis by electrocoagulation of all crossed vessels, regardless of their diameter.
The process of removing the knot on the base is completed by the imposition of double-row endoscopic sutures on its bed. This is not only an additional method of hemostasis, but also contributes to the further formation of a full-fledged scar, which will retain its integrity in the process of enlarging the pregnant uterus. Closure of the serous defect also helps reduce the risk of postoperative adhesive disease.
The severed myoma node is extracted using morcellators through the existing punctures. Sometimes the imposition of additional colpotomic holes.
After a control audit of the area of operation and the entire abdominal cavity, the doctor removes the instruments and the camera, and if necessary, evacuates the excess carbon dioxide. The operation is completed by suturing lapartom holes. The patient usually does not need to stay in the intensive care ward and, after getting out of anesthesia, can be transferred to the postoperative ward under the supervision of a doctor and medical staff.
Currently, only subserous nodes are laparoscopically removed. But if the wide base of the fibroid (its interstitial component) is more than 50% of the total tumor volume, such an operation is not performed. In this case, laparotomy is required.
Removal of uterine fibroids by hysteroscopy is a modern low-invasive method of surgical treatment of submucous nodes. Such intervention does not violate the integrity of the uterine wall and surrounding tissues and does not provoke the process of scarring.
In most cases, hysteroscopic myomectomy is not accompanied by clinically significant blood loss with the development of postoperative anemia. A woman who has undergone such an operation does not lose the ability to give birth naturally. It is also usually not considered to be at risk of miscarriage.
Hysteroscopic version of the removal of uterine fibroids
All manipulations with hysteroscopic surgery are performed transcervically with a hysteroscope. This is a special device with a camera, a source of local illumination and instruments, which is inserted into the uterine cavity through an artificially expanded cervical canal. At the same time, the doctor has the ability to precisely control the manipulations performed by him on the monitor, precisely examine suspicious areas of the mucous membrane and, if necessary, take a biopsy, quickly stop the incipient bleeding.
Hysteroscopy is performed under general anesthesia, although the possibility of using spinal anesthesia is not excluded. To cut off myoma node, tools can be used for mechanical intersection of tissues (analogue of a scalpel), electrocoagulator, or medical laser. It depends on the operating equipment, skills and preferences of the operating physician.
Laser removal of uterine fibroids is the most modern and gentle version of hysteroscopic myomectomy. After all, this does not cause squeezing, twisting and deep necrosis of the surrounding tissues, no special measures are required to stop the bleeding. Healing takes place quickly and without the formation of coarse scars.
Transcervical hysteroscopic myomectomy is not used for nodes more than 5 cm in diameter that are difficult to evacuate through the cervical canal. Dense postoperative scars on the wall of the uterus, internal commissures (synechia) and endometriosis also significantly limit the use of this method.
Auxiliary Operating Technologies
To improve the effectiveness of surgical intervention and reduce the risk of intraoperative complications, the doctor may use some additional techniques. For example, laparoscopic and laparotomy removal of fibroids is sometimes combined with pre-ligation, clamping or embolization of the uterine arteries. Such preparation for the operation takes place several weeks before the main surgical treatment.
Принудительное ограничение кровоснабжения миоматозных узлов направлено не только на уменьшение их размеров. Условия искусственно созданной ишемии приводят к сокращению здорового миометрия, что сопровождается контурированием опухолей и их частичным выделением из толщи стенки матки. In addition, surgical procedures in the blood depleted area significantly reduce the amount of intraoperative blood loss.
Preliminary temporary clamping and ligation (ligation) of the uterine arteries are made from transvaginal access. After completion of the main operation, the superimposed terminals and ligatures are usually removed, although sometimes with multiple myomas a decision is made to permanently ligate the feeding vessels.
Postoperative and recovery period
The postoperative period usually occurs with pain of varying intensity, which may require the use of non-narcotic and even narcotic analgesics. The severity of pain depends on the type of surgery, the amount of intervention and the individual characteristics of the patient.
With significant intraoperative blood loss in the first hours after a woman is transferred to the intensive blood loss ward, blood and blood substitutes may need to be transfused, colloidal and crystalloid solutions may be used, and the use of drugs to maintain an adequate level of blood pressure may be necessary. But the need for such measures is rare, usually myomectomy passes without clinically significant acute blood loss.
In the first 2 days, the doctor necessarily controls the functioning of the intestines, because any operation on the abdominal organs may be complicated by paralytic intestinal obstruction. It is also important to prevent the development of constipation, since excessive straining during bowel movements is fraught with insolvency of the seams. That is why a lot of attention is paid to the patient's nutrition, early getting up and rapid expansion of motor activity.
What can you eat after surgery?
It depends on the type of surgical treatment, the presence of anemia and associated diseases of the digestive tract.
Diet after removal of fibroids in a laparotomic way does not differ from the diet of persons who underwent other abdominal operations. On the first day, the patient is offered a liquid and semi-liquid, easily digestible food, in the subsequent menu they quickly expand. And by 5-7 days, a woman is usually already on the common table, if she does not require adherence to the so-called “gastric” diet.
But laparoscopic and hysteroscopic myomectomy do not impose such strict restrictions even in the early postoperative period. In good condition, the patient can eat from the common table by the evening of the first day.
If fibroids have caused the development of chronic iron deficiency anemia, or if the operation was accompanied by a large blood loss, iron-rich foods are surely introduced into the diet of the woman. Additionally, anti-anemia-containing iron preparations may be prescribed.
Recommendations after discharge from the hospital
Myomectomy allows you to remove existing nodes, but is not a prevention of the emergence of new tumors of the uterus. The fact is that fibroid has a hormone-dependent developmental mechanism, and the operation does not affect the patient's endocrine profile. Therefore, in the absence of proper preventive therapy, a relapse of the disease is possible. So what treatment is prescribed after the removal of uterine fibroids? The therapeutic scheme is chosen individually, it often includes hormonal drugs.
Removing fibroids imposes some restrictions. For the first few months, it is advisable for a woman not to visit baths, saunas and solariums, to avoid increased physical exertion.
In general, rehabilitation after the removal of uterine fibroids takes about 6 months; later, the woman returns to her usual lifestyle. But at the same time, she also needs to undergo a gynecological examination every six months and, upon a doctor's prescription, carry out an pelvic ultrasound examination.
Effects of the operation
Is it possible to get pregnant after the removal of uterine fibroids - this is the main issue that concerns patients of reproductive age. Myomectomy does not entail the disappearance of menstruation and the onset of premature menopause.
In the first few days possible bleeding that can not be considered monthly. When determining the duration of the cycle, only the date of the beginning of the previous menstruation should be considered. Monthly after this operation is usually resumed within 35-40 days. In this case, elongation or shortening of 1-2 subsequent cycles is permissible.
Preserving the patient's ovaries and uterus allow you to maintain its reproductive function. Therefore, pregnancy after the removal of uterine fibroids is possible soon after the restoration of the functional usefulness of the endometrium.
But a woman who has undergone such an operation is desirable to think about conception no earlier than 3 months after surgical treatment. And sexual contacts are allowed only after 4-6 weeks. Observance of these terms is especially important if laparotomy myomectomy was performed with sutures on the uterus wall.
The possible consequences of the operation include the risk of premature termination of pregnancy in the future, the pathological course of labor, the development of adhesive disease.
Alternatives to surgery
The possibilities of modern medicine allow the use of alternative ways of eliminating uterine fibroids. They can be minimally invasive or even non-invasive, that is, they pass without surgery.
- Uterine artery embolization. The malnutrition of the tumor tissue leads to its aseptic lysis with the replacement of muscle cells with connective tissue. Embolization is performed using a catheter inserted under x-ray control through the femoral artery.
- FUS ablation (focused ultrasound ablation) fibroids, causing local thermal necrosis of tumor tissue. But this technique can only be used to get rid of fibromyomatous and fibrous nodes. But leiomyoma is insensitive to FUS ablation.
In some cases, such techniques are combined with laparoscopic myomectomy, which is necessary in case of multiple myomatosis and subserous nodes on the leg.
Do not refuse to remove uterine fibroids. This organ-preserving operation does not lead to irreversible consequences for the woman’s body and makes it possible to get rid of all the complications associated with the presence of myoma nodes.
The first days of the rehabilitation period
In most cases, the postoperative period after removal of uterine fibroids is accompanied by lower abdominal pain, which have a different nature and intensity. To eliminate them, women need to take analgesics. How severe the pain syndrome will be depends on the type of intervention and the individual characteristics of the patients.
If a woman had severe blood loss after performing uome uterine myomectomy, then she is transferred to the ward for several hours and, if necessary, is given blood transfusions and blood substitutes, injected colloid and crystalloid solutions, and medicines are used to keep the pressure at the proper level. However, such cases are few, usually after myomectomy of uterine fibroids there is no significant loss of blood.
The first two days after surgery, the patient should be under the supervision of a physician. He necessarily controls how the intestines work, because surgery can lead to the development of paralytic intestinal obstruction.
In addition, after removal of uterine fibroids, it is necessary to ensure that constipation does not occur. Otherwise, due to the strong straining in the process of bowel emptying, the suture can disperse. Therefore, experts strongly recommend to adjust their diet and move more.
After discharge from the hospital, the attending physician must necessarily tell the patient what can be done to recover and what cannot. Indeed, after surgery, uterine fibroids may occur again. If a woman follows all the recommendations exactly, the risk of complications will significantly decrease.
Rehabilitation counseling recommendations
In order for the rehabilitation after removal of uterine fibroids to pass favorably and the tumor no longer return, it is necessary to adhere to some simple rules. You'll have to change your habitual lifestyle a bit, but it's worth it.
It is necessary to abandon intense physical exertion, they must be feasible. This concerns not only sports, but also ordinary household chores. In no case can not lift weights, namely the load of more than 2 kg for six months after the operation.
It should not be after conducting myomectomy uterine fibroids immediately return to sexual activity. It is allowed to engage in sex not earlier than in a month, better more. The attending doctor will tell the exact period of abstinence, relying on the patient's state of health.
It is not recommended to be in a vertical position for a long time. This can lead to the occurrence of adhesions, weakened muscle tissue, and blood clots are formed.
After getting rid of uterine fibroids, it is necessary to spend more time outdoors, to take short walks. It is also very important to avoid stressful situations. After all, excessive load negatively affects the healing of tissues and the hormonal balance of a woman, which causes the development of uterine fibroids.
Do not stay too long in the sun, you should try to avoid overheating of the body. This results from the fact that sunshine badly affects healing of seams which disappear much faster under cold conditions.
Until the seams after removal of uterine fibroids have healed at all, creams that promote their smoothing cannot be used, physiotherapy procedures, tanning salons and baths cannot be used. It is best to wash in the shower, and the seams are treated with antiseptic agents.
A lot of important point is the annual visit to the gynecologist. After myomectomy, uterine fibroids need to see a doctor twice a year. The doctor will prescribe an ultrasound scan to check the condition of the abdominal organs.
Special attention is paid to nutrition in the postoperative period. It is necessary to adjust your diet, eliminating from it smoked, salty dishes, sweet, too, should eat less. This will help avoid the imbalance of estrogen, which causes the occurrence of benign fibroids.
In addition, women's nutrition should be such that there are no problems with the chair. Constipation leads to the fact that inside the peritoneum cavity there is a strong pressure that can cause many unpleasant disorders in the body.
In this regard, if a woman ate a dish and then felt discomfort in the lower abdomen or lack of stool, then you need to carefully review your diet. It is best to lean on fruits, cereals, vegetables, foods that contain a lot of fiber. You do not need to drink strong tea and coffee, eat a lot of rice, because it is to fix the chair.
Also, women need to carefully monitor their monthly. If after the operation to remove uterine fibroids in the reproductive system, there have been any failures, the menstrual cycle may change, the discharge will become copious or scarce, and the bottom of the peritoneum will hurt.
When you can already have sex, you need to use condoms. Because during the year after surgery, conception is undesirable, since the uterus may not be ready to bear the baby. In this regard, women who had to remove myoma, you need to plan a pregnancy, after agreeing with the gynecologist.
During the postoperative period after a band operation, uterine fibroids do not need to completely abandon the usual way of life, you just need to limit yourself a little. Following all the recommendations of the doctor, the recovery will be faster and without negative consequences.
Removal of fibroids by laparoscopy
The elimination of the myoma node with a laparoscope is the most preferred method of surgical removal of the node. The elimination of the pathological formation is done with the help of an endoscope.
The doctor produces punctures 12-15 mm long in certain areas of the anterior abdominal wall. The tumor is removed through the holes with a laparoscope. The operation is gentle, recovery is fast.
A week later, the patient can proceed to work.
Indications for laparoscopy:
- node sizes not more than 0.8-1 cm,
- the uterus on the 15-16 week period,
- the number of nodes is no more than 3-4 pcs.,
- total diameter of nodes up to 1.5 cm.
The advantage of the method in low invasiveness, the uterine mucosa is practically not injured. This minimizes the risk of formation of adhesions.
Stroke abdominal operation
As mentioned above, in order to carry out the removal of uterine fibroids, abdominal surgery is prescribed only for certain indications, in other cases the doctor tries to use sparing techniques, organ-preserving treatment (FUS ablation, arterial embolization, etc.).
If the doctor sees that the problem cannot be resolved without surgery, he will not try to use conservative methods that are not capable of resolving serious health problems. Therefore, abdominal surgery is considered the best of the options for getting rid of fibroids - it eliminates relapses, will allow you to carefully remove the pathological tissue.
In order for the postoperative period to pass quickly and successfully, you need to start preparing for it before the operation. To begin with, a woman passes a general blood and urine tests to assess her health, detect inflammatory and infectious diseases.
With the same purpose, a cardiogram, an ultrasound of the abdominal organs, the delivery of smears from the vagina and cervix, and in the presence of erosion, a cervical biopsy is taken. With cervical fibroids, a woman is prescribed a urography, during which she examines the urinary tract.
If necessary (depending on the pathologies and the location of the tumor), a consultation of a hepatologist, cardiologist, proctologist, and urologist is appointed. If the fibroid is large, a CT scan or MRI may be needed - highly informative studies. The day before the surgery, the woman is advised by an anesthesiologist. Proper preparation provides half the success of the operation and the subsequent recovery period.
The condition of a woman after surgery depends on the extent of the intervention and the type of surgery. Abdominal operations are radical and conservative. In the first case, the organ is removed; in the second, the doctors preserve the uterus for the woman.
Complete or partial removal of the organ is a hysterectomy, which is performed through an incision in the abdomen or through the vagina. The best option is access through the abdominal cavity. The organ-preserving operation is called myoectomy, and only the myoma node is removed in a convenient way.
Complications of abdominal surgery
They can be detected during the intervention and in the postoperative period. These are the following states:
- vascular bleeding,
- damage to the bowel, bladder,
- sepsis (blood infection),
- peritonitis (infection of the abdominal cavity),
- suppuration of the wound after surgery.
The risk of such complications in modern clinics is minimized, which is achieved by modern equipment, the experience of doctors, the quality of antiseptic and antimicrobial materials. Doctors agree that, if necessary, to postpone the operation should not be. And the need arises in about 20% of the identified uterine myomas.
Early postoperative period
After abdominal myoma surgery has successfully completed the postoperative period, the woman begins with a daily stay in the intensive care unit. This is not associated with a risk to health and life, it is just a common practice - in such a department there is equipment that controls the performance of systems and organs.
After the anesthesia stops, a woman may feel pain in the incision and inside the abdomen. This, as nausea after anesthesia - the norm. After the operation, the first day the body is still weak, you need to sleep more. The next week the woman will spend in a regular ward, from the second day you can turn on your side, lean on your elbow and get up from the position (not with the help of the press).
After the operation, the medical staff monitors the condition of the woman, but she herself must inform the doctor of any changes. Considering that during abdominal surgery, the tissues are damaged by the incision, the recovery period will last for quite a long time. You can reduce this period if you move.
Accurate and regular movements will help to avoid the appearance of adhesions that give pain and can cause infertility. In order not to encounter the need to dissect adhesions in the near or distant future, you need to start moving as soon as possible after the operation, but not to overdo it — not to torture yourself excessively.
During the entire week in the hospital, the woman will feel pain, and even longer. You must be able to distinguish postoperative pain, gradually reducing the intensity of the pain during the inflammatory process, which are increasing every day. The presence of unbearable pain a few days after the operation - the reason to urgently contact the surgeon.
Pain, which is considered normal, is not associated with irritation of the nerve endings, so it is usually characterized as aching and pulling. At most, the seam area hurts. In the first two days, fever and weakness are possible. This is a normal reaction of the body.
Диета для быстрого выздоровления после операции
Операция затрагивает не только непосредственно половые органы, но и стенку брюшины, значит, нужно организовать работу расположенных здесь органов так, чтобы не провоцировать травмирование тканей.
Вот почему после полостной операции врачи назначают женщине диетическое питание. On days 1 and 2 after the intervention, the patient is given only liquid food — broth, yogurt, and weak tea. Constipation is unacceptable because it provokes tension in the abdominal muscles during bowel movements.
From the 3rd day you can eat fruits and vegetables, rich in fiber, to clean the intestines. If fresh fruits ferment in the intestines, you can bake and boil them.
In the diet include:
- lean meat and fish,
- buckwheat and oatmeal,
- soups in vegetable broths, rarely in weak meat,
- Rye bread,
- dairy products,
- fruits, greens and vegetables.
Kissel and jelly, semolina and rice, strong tea and coffee, soda, fatty meat, sweets and baking should be excluded from the diet during the recovery period.
Day regimen in the postoperative period
After removal of the uterus, rehabilitation can be accelerated without harm to health. It is necessary to make the day regimen correctly so that moderate physical exertion alternates with rest in it. Monitoring the doctor occurs regularly, on schedule, and if you have questions - as needed.
Any load during this period should not be excessive, and it is not only about the fitness room, but also about homework. Especially careful to be in the first month after surgery. A woman can not long sit or lie in one position, so as not to cause stagnation. It is categorically not allowed to lift a load heavier than 2 kg for 3-6 months, and more than 20 kg for the next 2 years.
Intimate relationships for the first 3 months after the removal of fibroids will have to be postponed, a specific period will designate a doctor. You can not lie much, as well as a lot in an upright position. The best activity is a walk in the park with periodic respites on the benches.
Stress, although they affect the mental state, can have a negative impact, because they prevent the normalization of hormones. One should learn to relax the nervous system, avoid nerve TV programs, unpleasant people and everything else that causes a negative.
What drugs will ensure rapid recovery of the body
It is possible to get rid of fibroids and its effects on the body not only by surgery. After removal of fibroids, you can and even need to take hormonal drugs that restore the metabolism, precluding tumor recurrence.
These are such drugs as:
- Utrotestan, duphaston (stimulating one of the phases of the menstrual cycle).
- Yarin and regulon (preventing the proliferation of uterine tissue cells).
- Multivitamins with retinol, tocopherol.
- Aloe and its analogues from adhesions.
How to speed up rehabilitation
After the operation is over, in the future a woman can look confidently without fear of complications. The main thing is to remember some limitations during the recovery period.
The main recommendations of doctors are related to the lifestyle of a woman, and more precisely:
- try not to overheat and less to be in the sun. This recommendation refers to the healing process of sutures - internal and external. In the cool, healing is faster. Until the scars from the operation have not been formed, it is impossible to smear them with creams, to undergo physiotherapy. Bath and solarium should be excluded at the time. Until the seam is healed, it is possible to wash only in the shower, after processing the area of operation with an antiseptic,
- You need to go to the doctor for an appointment twice a year, to undergo an ultrasound of the abdominal organs. It does not hurt to take pictures of the suture from time to time in order to compare it as it heals and to be able to demonstrate success to the doctor.
- In the diet should not be pickles and smoked meats, excess sugar. All products that can bring down the hormonal balance should be excluded so as not to cause a tumor to recur,
- regarding the wearing of a bandage and gymnastics, you need to ask a doctor, because recommendations are given individually to a woman, taking into account the age, associated pathologies,
- control the menstrual cycle, adjust contraception, taking into account the recommendations of the doctor.
The consequences and complications of the postoperative period
Complications after fibroid removal depend on the professionalism of the surgeon, competent care in the postoperative period, the number, size and the location of the nodes, age, associated diseases of the patient.
Complications after anesthesia:
- asphyxia due to stasis of the tongue or vomiting, which leads to the overlap of the lumen of the respiratory tract,
- temperature jumps
- disturbed heart rhythm due to relaxation of the heart muscles.
1. Early. The tasks at this stage are the prevention of the development of postoperative complications, the timely diagnosis and treatment of possible consequences.
- inflammation of the seam caused by infection, due to non-compliance with the rules of asepsis and antisepsis. Accompanied by swelling, hyperthermia, redness, tenderness, purulent discharge. There may be seam divergence,
- peritonitis - with the generalization of the inflammatory process, the transition to the peritoneum,
- painful urination due to traumatic damage to the urethra,
- external or internal bleeding,
- vascular thrombosis in violation of blood circulation - pulmonary thromboembolism and (or) thrombophlebitis,
- hematomas, perforation (perforation of the uterus) as a result of trauma,
- hematometra - accumulation of blood in the uterus due to impaired outflow,
- paralytic ileus of the intestine - lack of motility due to temporary metabolic disorders after surgery.
2. Late –
- the formation of adhesions - connective tissue strands between the peritoneum and the abdominal organs,
- adhesive intestinal obstruction - dysfunction due to blockage of the intestinal lumen with adhesions,
- psychological disorders - infertility, the inability to lead a normal life, an ugly suture during abdominal surgery - all this causes serious mental problems, in particular, depression, even suicidal attempts.
3. Remote –
- re-formation of nodes during incomplete ectomy - if provoking causes are not eliminated (for example, hormonal imbalance),
- menopausal syndrome after removal of the uterus in women of childbearing age, due to a sharp decrease in the production of female sex hormones. It manifests characteristic symptoms - cessation of menstruation, hot flashes, excessive sweating, decreased libido, emotional instability,
- osteoporosis - hypoestrogenesis leads to a decrease in calcium content, which leads to thinning and increased fragility of bones,
- omission of the vagina due to dropping into the pelvis of the bladder or rectum, as well as trauma,
- coronary heart disease,
- diseases of the genital organs caused by non-compliance with the rules of asepsis and antisepsis, infection,
- infertility - after removal of uterine fibroids (hysterectomy), menstruation is stopped, a woman cannot have children,
- malignancy of other organs, primarily the mammary gland.
- psychological problems.
Normally, the discharge after removal of uterine fibroids can last up to two weeks, depending on the rate of tissue regeneration. The extension of these periods serves as a reason for seeking medical attention.
It should also alert the burning sensation, unpleasant smell, heavy discharge from the vagina, fever, which are a signal of possible complications.
Rehabilitation tactics depending on the method of surgical intervention
The timing and recovery programs depend on the way uterine fibroids are removed. Methods can be:
With preservation of the organ and childbearing function (minimally invasive) -
- laparoscopy - removal of small and medium (no larger than 10 weeks of pregnancy) superficial subserous myomas,
- laser ablation - removal of superficial tumors with a laser pulse of 2-4 cm,
- myomectomy - removal of the node with the surrounding tissues.
Abdominal uterine myoma surgery — hysterectomy — is performed on large tumors (12 weeks or more), and there are complications. Types of operations:
- amputation - with preservation of the cervix,
- extirpation - removal of the body and neck.
The consequences of minimally invasive and cavitary methods are clearly presented in the table:
Rehabilitation after laparoscopy
If the operation to remove uterine fibroids was performed by laparoscopic method, then the postoperative period can go much easier and faster. Therapy is carried out through punctures in the abdominal cavity, therefore less tissue is affected than during abdominal surgery.
Puncture sites heal faster and are accompanied by less severe pain. Patients can already get up a day after laparoscopy. Physical exercises for women are allowed, especially at first it is necessary to do some exercises prescribed by a doctor. But you still should not overdo it too much, you need to increase the load gradually so that the seams do not go apart.
As with abdominal surgery, after laparoscopy of uterine fibroids, you must follow the rules of diet, do not lift weights, do not rush to pregnancy, monitor your condition, do not overheat in the sun, refrain from sex. If the doctor prescribes any medications, you must take them.
Thus, after removal of uterine fibroids, a variety of complications can occur. In order to avoid them, you should follow all the recommendations of the doctor. If the lower abdomen regularly hurts, then you should immediately consult a doctor. After all, after surgery myoma can come back again.
In some cases, the only solution is abdominal surgery so that uterine fibroids do not grow. The postoperative period can proceed in different ways, it all depends on the course of surgery and the patient's body.
The procedure itself is common. It is performed to prevent the growth of fibroids or its progression into a malignant tumor. In some cases, surgical manipulation is the only way to get rid of the pathology, as there may be a direct threat to the life of the woman. One way or another, but the hysterectomy performed during this ailment is an operation, so many patients are afraid of possible complications or consequences, as well as a tedious recovery after it.
What is uterine fibroids?
The disease is a benign neoplasm. It can be located in the four main areas of the uterus, and therefore divided into 4 types:
- Subserous - occurs on the outer part of the uterus.
- Submucous - located under the mucosa of the body.
- Intramuscular or interstitial - is located in the muscle tissue.
- On the leg - the connection with the uterus is carried out using a thin base.
Its development feeds hormonal imbalance. Faster neoplasm develops when a woman has other diseases that negatively affect all metabolic processes in the body. Many experts believe that the occurrence of the disease can affect addiction, as well as frequent changes of sexual partners, but so far this has not been clinically proven.
However, theorists of medicine are convinced that regular intimate life reduces the risk of fibroids, although this factor has not yet been confirmed.
Uterine fibroids are not considered a deadly disease. Her treatment can do with hormonal drugs, but they are not suitable for every patient. The clinical picture provides for the determination of tumor growth in centimeters approximately as during pregnancy.
Manipulations for the removal of a neoplasm are required if its active development threatens the health and life of a woman. It can cause infertility, pain in the lower zone of the peritoneum, prolonged menstruation or intermediate bloody discharge. The operation is always aimed at eliminating pathology and preserving reproductive abilities, however, after menopause, the uterus is often removed.
Such intervention is prescribed only in the most serious cases. Some of them are:
- Oncology of the uterus,
- Large fibroma.
Before an operation to remove a neoplasm will be carried out, the patient must undergo a series of diagnostic tests in order to make it easier for specialists to compare the clinical picture:
- Scraping the uterus to check
- Blood tests,
- Gynecological examination.
Abdominal surgery may carry with it the unpleasant consequences in the form of a noticeable suture, which will have to be masked from those around you all your life.
In addition, the patient is injured on a psychological level, but it should be remembered that without manipulating the removal of a tumor, a woman’s life will be in grave danger.
Usually, the surgical procedure for removal of fibroids is not considered dangerous, however, it is necessary to follow the elementary rules that minimize damage to the body and complications after its implementation.
Experts have identified leading regulations that require compliance so that the postoperative period is more successful:
- Eating in such a way that constipation does not occur, as they provoke the appearance of pressure in the intraperitoneal area. This can cause many problems, especially if a short period has passed after the intervention of the surgeons. It is possible that there will be a rupture or inflammation during constipation. Therefore, if after taking a certain food a woman felt discomfort in the abdomen, as well as the absence of a chair, she needs to get closer to the question of her own diet. It is better to focus on fruits, cereals, vegetables, foods high in fiber. It should temporarily abandon rice, jelly, tea and coffee drinks.
- When gases do not depart, as expected, it is advisable to adopt pharmacological agents against flatulence. The patient should not sit in one place. She needs more movement, but do not overdo it. It is desirable to exclude physical loads until the full end of the postoperative period. After consulting with a doctor, you can use laxative medicines.
After removal of uterine fibroids, the patient should take care of herself and in everyday life, while the recovery process lasts. You can not lift buckets of water, bags with lots of products, as well as their children. The first 6 months you should not lift anything that weighs more than 3 kg. After that, a woman should not lift something heavier than 10 kg. When the operation to remove the tumor from the uterus, the patient should learn to alternate work and rest. It is not advisable to spend a long time near the stove or worn around the apartment with a broom for dust. After active work, you need to lie down for a while. But to spend the whole period lying on the couch is also not recommended.
- Stressful situations need to be avoided, especially if the patient suffers from being overweight. This problem begins to cause a lot of feelings and anxiety, because after removing fibroids, it is common to recover a little. But with proper nutrition and lifestyle, those extra pounds will disappear as quickly as they appeared. Anyway, to engage in heavy physical exertion, until the recovery period ends, is strictly prohibited.
It is advisable to carry out the following tips during the recovery period in order to speed up the process:
- Within a few months after the removal of uterine fibroids, you need to relax more in the fresh air,
- 1-2 times a year, it is necessary to visit the attending doctor, who will monitor the patient's condition and will soon return to the usual pace of life,
- Entry into intimate relationships is allowed only after 2 months after performing surgical procedures,
- Physical activity in everyday life can be returned smoothly, only with the permission of the doctor.
By adhering to these rules, the patient will be able to ease the recovery period and speed up the time of the amendment.
If the uterus has been removed
Such a moment is a shock for a woman, so it is important that someone close to her be with her. Indeed, many patients after the removal of the uterus consider themselves to be inferior. In the first weeks she needs support and comfort from her relatives. Sometimes there may be difficulties during urination. In the first days it is better to give preference to semi-liquid dairy products, gradually introducing meat products and carbohydrates into the diet. As soon as the doctor gives the go-ahead to leave the hospital bed, the woman should start to move gradually so that varicose veins do not develop.
If after a month the bloody discharge does not stop, and the pain at the bottom of the peritoneum continues to remind you of yourself, you should immediately contact a specialist.
A lot depends on the reaction of the patient to the anesthesia, because he is responsible for the duration of the intervention.
Rehabilitation after removal of uterine fibroids using abdominal surgery
Rehabilitation after the removal of uterine fibroids during abdominal surgery, which is appointed only in the most severe cases, is very important. This recovery should be phased, while you should strictly adhere to the recommendations of the attending physician and pay attention to your lifestyle. What rules should be followed after this surgery?
So, you should try to avoid constipation under any circumstances, since this violation can provoke an inflammatory process in the uterus (appendages). At this time, abdominal pressure also rises, due to which postoperative stitches can rupture. Кроме того, особенное внимание нужно уделить своему ежедневному рациону питания. Надо постараться как можно реже обращаться к тем продуктам, которые могут вызвать запор.These include cereals such as semolina and rice, a negative effect on cottage cheese and jelly, strong brewed coffee or tea, and cocoa.
Abuse baking, too, should not, especially if it is from white flour. And foods containing fiber are recommended for use. It can be various fruits, sea kale, all kinds of vegetables and soups. Fermented milk products will be able to intensify the activity of the intestines, but only not cottage cheese or fat cream, they just should not be taken. It is necessary to cook crumbly cereals as often as possible. Perfect buckwheat, pearl barley or wheat.
About serious physical exertion will have to forget. This applies not only sports training, but also household chores. Thus, a person whose fibroid has been removed is not allowed to lift more than 10 kilograms. Such negligence can also affect the gap seams, and the surgical incision will heal for a very long time.
After surgical treatment be moderately active. For this reason, simple physical exercises are even recommended, as they absorb the stagnant processes formed in the human body. As a rehabilitation, walks that will strengthen the muscles of the internal organs are perfect. In addition, fresh air will bring women only benefit.
After the operation, it is not allowed to stay on your feet for a long time, especially when it comes to cleaning the apartment or cooking food. It is necessary to try to be as nervous as possible, to stop getting annoyed and worry about trifles. It is better to relax and give yourself a rest. But sex life is allowed only a month after the patient is discharged from the hospital. But in the case when there are any complications, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
It should be under any circumstances, even if there are no symptoms, to be examined by a specialist once every 6 months. In time you need to do ultrasound and blood tests.
If the operation was simple, then such a regime should be adhered to within 3 months after the surgery was carried out. When this period expires, it is allowed to return to the usual way of life. But this should be done gradually, especially with regard to physical exertion and nutrition.
What is strictly prohibited during the rehabilitation period?
Abdominal surgery has some contraindications. Of course, after such an intervention, a woman should be much more attentive to her well-being, therefore, homework during rehabilitation should be postponed.
If work cannot be postponed, then work must be combined with rest and frequent breaks.
To exclude the possibility of relapses or complications that may occur in the postoperative period, it is necessary to observe some rules. So, during the recovery is not allowed to visit the bath. This also applies to saunas, steam rooms.
You should not sunbathe under the sun and do not need to resort to the services of a tanning bed.
It is important to prevent overheating of the body. After surgery, you can not get pregnant for one year.
Many women wonder about reproductive function. When a woman whose age is considered reproductive falls ill with this ailment, experts remove the myoma so that the uterus remains, so a woman can become pregnant and give birth to a baby without any abnormalities. However, after such intervention, the walls of the uterus should be strengthened. This can be done with the help of an effective medical device designed for endogenous breathing. This device is not only engaged in strengthening, but also restores cellular tissue. If a woman regularly practices on this simulator, then soon her metabolic processes will improve, and the hidden reserves in the body will be awakened.
Moreover, such breathing can heal the depressed emotional as well as mental state of the patient. These exercises for a short time will help to quickly rehabilitate and return to a normal existence. This device returns the reproductive function to its full extent, and the possibility of relapse is reduced or completely eliminated, that is, even after such a difficult operation, the patient can give birth to a healthy baby.
It is very important that a woman under any circumstances should try to maintain her health. This means that with the slightest disturbance, you should consult a doctor so that he can immediately eliminate even a minor problem that can lead to a serious illness. But if you still could not avoid such a disease, then you should not despair. It is necessary to fight the disease and continue to enjoy life.
Abdominal tumor removal
This method is addressed if the patient has torsion of the tumor legs, the presence of adhesions, malignancy of the appendages, necrosis of the nodular tissue. Removal of pathological areas occurs through the cervical canal using an endoscope.
Before the operation, diet No. 1 is prescribed, cleansing enemas are put. Removal of fibroids occurs on an empty stomach. Due to the layer-by-layer tissue suturing, the healing process is slow and painful.
Possible complications after abdominal surgery:
- blood poisoning,
- suppuration of the scar,
- formation of adhesions,
- "Sharp" belly.
Another drawback is the visible cosmetic defect that provokes the development of an inferiority complex in some women.
About the disease
In medical terminology, uterine myoma means benign growth (should not be confused with a cancer), which develops directly inside the body or on the walls of the neck.
The specifics of the disease - the pathology is growing rapidly and often is local in nature, called the plural. The size of the tumor varies from a few millimeters up to size walnut.
Abdominal surgery as a method of removing fibroids can be either conservativeso and radical. In the first situation, the reproductive function is fully preserved, and the organ remains complete. The second option is the complete cutting off of the organ.
For each patient, the choice of treatment is strictly individual and takes into account the specifics of the disease, the stage, the size of the tumor, as well as the presence of possible contraindications.
Abdominal surgery is shown in the following situations:
- neoplasm accompanied by bleeding, profuse and prolonged menstrual secretions, provoking the secondary stage of anemia,
- in the presence of mechanical pressure on adjacent organs due to too large a pathology, and dysfunction threatening them,
- Availability dominant node of large size,
- rapid growth the size of the tumor, as well as the appearance of its additional foci,
- persistent pain sensations
- the location of the fibroids in neck-neck area,
- revealing concomitant gynecological diagnoses against the background of the main disease - cyst, endometrois, organ displacement or prolapse,
- infertilitythe reason for which is too big a node
- suspicion on the transition of benign pathology in cancer.
This section discusses lipoma: what it is and how to treat it.
A few days before the planned manipulation, the patient should follow a special diet (diet table number 1). Cleansing enemas are made regularly. Directly on the day of the operation it is forbidden to eat and drink - the stomach must be completely empty.
Despite the fact that this method of surgical excision of uterine fibroids is widely used in domestic medicine, many women are afraid of surgery not only because of the problems associated with rehabilitation and postoperative recovery, but also because of external criteria - the scar will remain and be noticeable.
It is important to understand that the removal of the uterus is a vital necessity and the priority should still be concern for health.
The process of a real operation is demonstrated in this video:
Surgical abdominal removal consists of the following steps:
- anesthesia - general anesthesia with special preparations. This is the best solution. If there are contraindications or at the option of an anesthesiology doctor, spinal anesthesia can be performed - in this case, anesthesia acts locally, and not on the whole organism,
- access - the initial stage of the procedure. In the lower part of the peritoneum, the surgeon makes an external incision of the cavity. Its size is about 20 cm and is determined by the size of the tumor, which should be removed,
directly deletion - having access to the internal organs, the surgeon performs all the necessary manipulations to cut off the diseased organ and localize uterine bleeding. The uterus is removed in conjunction with the tubes, while maintaining the integrity of the ovaries, which is very important for the woman's body.
After the organ has been completely removed and the doctor is fully convinced, through visual inspection, that everything has been carried out correctly and the focus is localized, the vaginal stump is sutured. With mandatory compliance with the full tightness of the abdominal,
At a late stage of rehabilitation, restoration activities need to be continued - this will speed up the recovery process. It is important to comply with the following requirements:
- use a bandage - it will strengthen the muscles of the peritoneum, restore their elasticity, support the scar,
- eliminate heavy physical exertion - maximum lifting weight - no more than 3 kg,
- exclude sexual contacts for a period of 1.5 - 2 months,
- treatment and prophylactic gymnastics according to the Kegel method - strengthens the body, restores the mobility of the pelvic muscles,
- to begin to engage in sports not earlier than in a few months,
- not to visit baths and saunas, avoid too hot baths - shower preferred
- do not swim in rivers and reservoirs - the risk of infection is high,
- gentle nutrition - in the menu fiber, vegetables, fruits. Coffee and alcohol are banned.
With severe side effects (pain, poor scar healing, general weakness and depression) - the doctor may prescribe the use of sedatives, absorbable (Countertubex) and wound healing ointments, painkillers.
Removal options and possible complications after them
Uterine fibroids - one of the frequent gynecological pathologies, occurs in women of all ages. As such, there is no treatment. Drugs can be used, but if they inhibit the growth of nodes, it is not for long. All treatment is reduced to the observation of women and the timely correction of the resulting violations.
Myoma is a benign tumor. It is rarely malignant, therefore, surgical treatment is carried out only if indicated.. These include:
- a rapid increase in the size of the tumor within 6-12 months,
- malnutrition of myoma nodes and the probability of their necrosis,
- one of the nodes is more than 6 cm in diameter,
- if a woman is planning a pregnancy with multiple fibroids or large sizes,
- with subserous knot on a thin leg,
- with symptomatic myoma - if it is the cause of anemia due to heavy periods, causes constant pelvic pain.
Each case is considered individually and methods for removing nodes may be different.
Surgical treatment can be carried out in the following amounts:
- only nodes are removed - if they are single, and the woman is still young,
- the uterus with nodes is removed - if it is technically impossible to remove only fibroids and preserve the body of the uterus,
- the uterus and appendages are removed from one or both sides - as a rule, this amount of treatment is used in cases of suspected malignant growth, in case of altered ovaries, as well as in postmenopausal women.
The intervention itself can also be carried out in several ways. It all depends on the volume of the operation, the objectives pursued, the location and size of the nodes. The table presents the technical options for the removal of myomas, their advantages and disadvantages.
What you need to know, removing myoma?
After the woman was discharged home after the hospital, she was given not only a sick-list, but also certain recommendations on how to behave. The period of stay in the hospital is from 3 to 7 days, depending on the complexity of the operation and the severity of the disease. After the period of hospitalization has been completed, it is recommended to follow certain rules that are indicated by the doctor. What is it necessary to do? According to numerous reviews of the court, if a woman fails to follow the rules, she can develop pathological processes and conditions to which the following can be attributed:
1 seam divergence,
3 The occurrence of infectious diseases,
4 The occurrence of re-growth of fibroids,
5 Inflammatory processes.
After removing the education, the woman must visit the gynecologist. The rehabilitation process should be carried out directly under the supervision of a specialist to observe the healing of the stitches after the operation and the general condition of the woman.
What should be done after surgery to remove uterine fibroids?
Often, women are concerned about a large number of questions, which can only be answered after consulting with a specialist. Why and for how long it is forbidden to have sex, what is the duration of the recovery period of the body? How long after the removal of fibroids can you plan to conceive and is it possible to give birth in a natural way? What is recommended to wear a bandage, can we do without it? How long after the operation is it allowed to start playing sports and lifting weights? All these questions arise for a reason, because if you do not follow the rules, the likelihood of recurrence of fibroids is high. So, what advice is the doctor willing to give, what you need to know in this case? All the tips are very simple, but at the same time extremely effective:
1 After surgery, eat right to avoid constipation. After the fibroid has been removed, it is forbidden to push, since intrauterine pressure occurs at this time, which can in turn lead to rupture of the stitches. In your diet, you should avoid rice and semolina porridge, as well as tea, strong coffee and jelly. Include a large amount of fiber in the diet, which prevents constipation, leading to increased intestinal motility. On such a diet, most of the fair sex get rid of excess weight, which is perfectly reflected in their figure and appearance, in addition the body begins to recover faster,
2 Physical power loads should be kept to a minimum. During this period, it is forbidden to raise the weight of more than 4-7 kilograms, as well as to resort to tedious monotonous work associated with the tilting and transfer of objects. If you ignore such a rule, there is a high probability of rupture of the sutures, which ultimately will lead to a long non-healing of the sutures after surgery,
3 However, moderate activity will be a positive step in rehabilitation. Walking and swimming in this case will be an excellent option to get rid of stagnant processes in the body of a woman. Fresh air and relaxed atmosphere, all this improves overall health, and also helps to cope with depression, which happens after surgery,
4 It is necessary to try to get a maximum of positive emotions, so as not to worry and not be upset in any case,
5 Be sure to take hormones, which must be prescribed by a doctor. With their help, you can not only reduce recovery time, but also eliminate the likelihood of re-development of tumors. Take indicated by the doctor drugs should be exclusively in the prescribed dosage. Often, after removing fibroids, a woman notices the onset of menopause, and her biological age does not play any role. Thanks to the use of such drugs, the hormonal background of the woman returns to normal. In this case, Logest becomes an excellent drug, which allows to achieve excellent results. After some time, the condition returns to normal and menstruation returns to the woman. After your period appears, be sure to tell your doctor about it,
6 Bandage. Wear this tool is also necessary after the appointment of a doctor. In no case should you decide on your own whether you need to wear a bandage or not, since in some cases it will only make things worse by causing negative consequences
7 It is necessary to carry out procedures that have been prescribed by the attending physician, for example, electrophoresis,
8 In the event that you notice the presence of unusual secretions, be sure to report them to your doctor,
9 It is necessary to conduct a routine examination after the removal of uterine fibroids every 5-7 months. This should be carried out not only a gynecological examination, but also an ultrasound. This examination allows you to determine the possible recurrence in the early stages, so that you can begin immediate treatment.
To date, uterine fibroids are well treatable. Если женщина придерживается всех данных врачом рекомендаций, не нарушает главных правил, то уже в скором времени можно рассчитывать на полное выздоровление и даже планирование ребенка.
Реально ли забеременеть после удаления миомы матки?
According to numerous experts, in the field of gynecology, if a woman begins to follow all the gynecologist's advice, adhere to the correct diet, take prescribed medications and follow moderate physical exertion, she may well give birth to a healthy baby in the future.
It should be understood that only a year after the removal of uterine fibroids, a woman is allowed to plan a pregnancy. During the course of pregnancy, it is necessary to wear a bandage in order to ensure that the seams have the lowest possible load, which remained after the doctors removed the tumor. In the event that, after carrying out a surgical intervention, it was possible to preserve the reproductive function, then even after the age of forty, the woman will have the opportunity not only to conceive successfully, but also to bear the child. In addition, the removal of this education will affect the way of childbirth, depending on the surgery, the woman may give birth naturally or she will need a cesarean section.
What can be after surgery to remove uterine fibroids?
Any surgical intervention, including the removal of uterine fibroids, raises many questions. If a woman is to undergo such an operation, then the first thing she needs to know is what possible complications can arise in the postoperative period:
1 High probability of disease recurrence. The risk of this complication increases significantly, if you do not eliminate the original cause of the tumor. In most cases, its appearance provokes a hormonal imbalance, so the treatment should include special medications to stabilize the hormonal levels.
2 If, during the operation, the uterus is amputated, then in the future the woman will increase the likelihood of developing malignant tumors of the breast. The cardiovascular system is also at risk, so it is necessary to carefully monitor the state of health of these organs and regularly undergo a preventive examination.
3 If the body of the uterus remains unchanged and only the tumor is removed, then the probability of fertilization in a patient increases significantly. If during the operation there is a need to excise part of the uterus, then this may affect its reproductive function.
4 Amputation of the uterus, with the exception of its cervix, means that in the future a woman will have some slight menstrual flow. If the entire organ is to be removed, then no more discharge can be expected.
5 Non-observance of antiseptic rules during the operation and in the postoperative period may lead to the development of infectious diseases of the reproductive system.
6 Inability to become pregnant in the future can be a serious blow to the female psyche, so it is extremely important to regularly visit a gynecologist in order to conduct a routine examination and detection of the disease at its early stage.
7 In rare cases, fibroids can malignize - degenerate into a malignant neoplasm, so it is not recommended to delay treatment.
The operation to remove the uterus is called hysterectomy and among its complications are the following:
1 intense pain in the lower abdomen, which is recommended to stop with analgesics. Such pain can last for two weeks from the moment of surgery,
2 in order to avoid further thrombus formation, the patient is recommended to take blood-thinning drugs and antibiotics,
3 as a result of active physical exertion, a scar can occur and its further inflammation,
4 in the postoperative period there is a high risk of bleeding,
5 careless actions of the surgeon at the time of the operation can cause injury to the bladder, which will cause problems with urination,
6 extensive hematomas are quite often formed near the sutures,
7 surgery can lead to the development of peritonitis - inflammation of the peritoneum.
The consequences of uterus amputation can make themselves felt even a few years after the operation. These complications include:
1 Lack of reproductive function.
2 Aesthetic discomfort caused by a noticeable scar.
3 The operation can lead to the formation of adhesions in the peritoneum, which will cause pain and disrupt the urethra.
4 The onset of menopause should be expected much earlier.
5 Omission or even prolapse of the vagina after surgery is observed in 40% of patients.
How is rehabilitation after abdominal surgery to remove uterine fibroids?
After abdominal surgery, there is a recovery period during which certain medical recommendations should be strictly followed, which will avoid a lot of serious complications.
Rules of behavior in the postoperative period:
1 first sexual intercourse should be no earlier than two months after surgery,
2 the first two months are also prohibited to visit saunas, baths, swimming pools and other establishments, involving the adoption of water procedures,
3 in the postoperative period can not lift weights,
4 recommended wearing a special bandage,
5 in the presence of discharge from the genital tract should use pads, not tampons,
6 in the postoperative period should follow all recommendations on nutrition, in particular, the food should be in liquid form to avoid problems with defecation.
After the operation, the woman should remain under the supervision of doctors for 14 days. On the eighth day, as a rule, the removal of stitches is prescribed. Regeneration of soft tissues in the far will depend on the age and individual characteristics of the patient. If, in the course of the operation, the woman, along with the uterus, removes all the reproductive organs, then the rehabilitation period is significantly increased.
After surgery, the main treatment is aimed at restoring the water-alkaline balance and blood volume. In addition, drugs are prescribed to prevent the development of the inflammatory process. For a woman at this stage, the moral support of loved ones is extremely important, since amputation of the uterus can be a serious blow to the female psyche.
In the postoperative period, it is important to observe a sparing diet with the exception of foods that have an irritating character. These include:
2 caffeinated beverages,
3 too strong tea,
5 chocolate and bakery products.
To help the intestines cope with their responsibilities by observing the principles of fractional nutrition and establish a drinking regime. Thus, the daily rate of fluid should be at least 2 liters. It is also recommended to use products that have a debilitating effect:
1 mucous porridge,
2 lean beef broth,
3 dairy products.
The basis of successful recovery after surgery is strict adherence to all medical recommendations. After a hysterectomy, you need to be prepared for the appearance of bloody discharge from the genital tract. This condition is normal, so do not worry. Spotting may be present for several weeks after surgery. At first they will be quite abundant, but over time they will disappear. Such secretions are directly dependent on the level of physical activity of women, the higher it is, the more abundant the bleeding.
However, you should know that too heavy discharge, reminiscent of menstrual bleeding, are not a variant of the norm, therefore, when they appear, you should consult with a specialist.
In the postoperative period, the maximum weight that a woman can lift is 5 kilograms. Special physical exercises are recommended to be carried out only after complete healing of the sutures, otherwise their discrepancies cannot be avoided. However, the observance of strict bed rest in the postoperative period is also not welcome. Already on the second day after the hysterectomy, the patient needs to get up and walk a little, this will allow blood to circulate and shorten the recovery period.
Using this method, doctors remove the uterus, sometimes with the ovaries and tubes. The operation can be laparoscopic, abdominal and hysteroscopic. The choice of method is influenced by the location of the fibroids, the presence of mobility of the node, the accompanying pathology of the appendages and the cervix.
After removal of the uterus hysterectomy for 2 months, there is a selection of brown color. This is a variant of the norm. Gradually, their intensity decreases to a complete cessation. In the early rehabilitation period, there may be subfebrile, body temperature up to 37.5 ° C.
The reason for going to the doctor should be prolonged bleeding, an admixture of purulent contents in the discharge.
You should know that when you remove the uterus, along with the appendages, menopause occurs, provoked by surgery. It is transferred more difficult than biological, since there is no phase of adaptation of the organism to changes. To alleviate the symptoms, hormone replacement therapy is prescribed before the onset of natural menopause.
After abdominal hysterectomy, early and late complications may develop. In the first months may occur:
- local inflammation of the wound,
- the development of the inflammatory process in the bladder and urethra due to mechanical damage to the mucous membrane of the organs,
- blood clots.
To prevent the development of complications, one should strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor during the recovery period.
Removal of uterine fibroids by laser
Laser removal of fibroids is a modern and non-invasive method of therapy. Among its obvious advantages is the absence of mechanical compression of tissues, there is no necrosis and twisting. The wound heals in a short period of time without scar formation.
During laser removal of a tumor, the apparatus only affects pathological areas for 1-2 minutes without affecting the healthy areas of the skin. The technique is absolutely bloodless, which reduces the risk of postoperative complications. The rehabilitation time after surgery is not more than 3 days.
What to do after removal of the uterus and appendages
The success of late rehabilitation depends on the patient's fulfillment of medical recommendations throughout the time. Complications may occur after 6-12 months:
- The onset of premature menopause is associated with the removal of the ovaries during hysterectomy. In order to minimize discomfort, hormone replacement therapy, physiotherapy and regular exercise are used.
- In order to prevent the omission of the walls of the vagina, you should wear a special supporting ring, do Kegel exercises for training muscle tone.
- Incontinence occurs due to the weakening of the ligaments of the bladder, reducing the level of estrogen. The defect is eliminated by exercises to strengthen the muscles and hormone therapy.
- It is necessary to control the formation of adhesions. There may be pain associated with the failure of the seams.
- With the formation of fistulous course a secondary infection may develop. The problem is solved by rehabilitation and suturing of the stroke.
If postoperative depression occurs, medical assistance is required. To avoid this situation, the doctor convinces the woman of the feasibility of the operation. The main prerogative is the preservation of the patient's life, however, doctors try to leave as much as possible one ovary to maintain hormonal levels.
What not to do after surgery
The time of complete rehabilitation may vary depending on the method chosen, the associated diseases. Improvement of well-being occurs in 2-4 weeks with laparoscopy, from 4-6 with abdominal hysterectomy. There is a general set of measures that need to be followed for approximately 2 months to prevent the development of complications.
After removal of uterine fibroids are prohibited:
- To lead an excessively active lifestyle: you need to be more at ease, travel and air travel are excluded.
- It is strictly forbidden to lift weights after removal of the uterus: the weight of objects should be no more than 1-2 kg. The effects of stress on the anterior abdominal wall may be a hernia, bleeding.
- Sex is limited to a period of 2 months to six months. If after removal of the ovaries decreased libido, you must notify your doctor for the correction of hormonal levels.
- Swimming under the ban due to the risk of infection at the site of the incision. You can resume classes after complete wound healing after 6-8 weeks.
- After the operation, you should not allow dehydration, eat spicy, salty foods (this contributes to the retention of body fluids and cause swelling). Meals should not be high-calorie, the diet is expanded gradually. In the period of early rehabilitation it is categorically not allowed to eat foods that increase gas formation - they can not withstand stitches.
How to treat fibroids?
The choice of remedies for the treatment of uterine fibroids depends on many factors, in each case, the decision is made by a gynecologist who monitors the woman.
Taken into account:
- stage of the disease (at the initial stage, conservative methods of treatment are used),
- the age of the woman and the desire to have children (in the child-bearing age, doctors try to give a woman a chance and save the womb),
- general health,
- presence or absence of myoma complications
Conservative treatment includes the appointment of hormonal drugs and symptomatic agents (anti-inflammatory, painkillers, antispasmodic and others).
However, an extensive tumor, the age after menopause, becomes an indication for surgery. In addition, a possible outcome in which it is possible to preserve the uterus, removing only part of the wall with myoma.
Types of operations
Myomectomy - abdominal surgery, involving the excision of myoma nodes with preservation of the uterus. A woman retains the ability to get pregnant and give birth to a healthy baby in a natural way. This type of surgery is performed in several ways:
- laparoscopically - is carried out through small incisions in the abdominal wall. The operation takes place under general anesthesia, is characterized by a low invasiveness, short periods of hospital stay and a short rehabilitation period.
- laparotomically - through a long incision in the abdominal cavity (open method), which is performed longitudinally from the navel to the pubic bones or transversely slightly below the fold of the abdomen in the bikini area. In the second case, the seams can be hidden under the clothes, and they are almost invisible to a prying eye.
- hysteroscopic - through the vagina using a special hysteroscope device.
See also on the blog: What a woman should know after 50 about her health
Hysterectomy - removal of fibroids with the uterus. In this case, the woman loses the possibility of having children in the future.
- abdominal surgery under epidural or general anesthesia,
- laparoscopic intervention
Indications for myomectomy are:
- severe pain in the lower abdomen, cramps, pressure that do not go away after taking medication,
- the development of anemia that threatens the health of a woman that cannot be cured with medicines,
- the formation of fibroma with subsequent deformation of the uterine wall.
Recovery period after removal of fibroids
Rehabilitation after surgery directly depends on the type of surgery, its complexity and the health of the woman.
Myomectomy forces the patient to stay in the hospital for about a week, after which she is discharged home. In order to restore faster, you should follow the recommendations of the doctor.
Removal of the uterus affects many processes in the body, the balance of hormones is disturbed, and how much is in the hospital depends on the state of health after the operation and the state of health. On average, the period is 2-2.5 weeks.
After hysterectomy, a woman may feel severe pain in the pelvic area, especially if the operation was performed in an open way. Wound healing can provoke inflammation; moreover, repairing damaged nerve endings takes time.
To alleviate the condition, it is recommended to take painkillers and antispasmodic drugs. Relieve the situation will help the bandage, which reduces the load on the abdominal muscles. You can buy it in a pharmacy.
One of the most important aspects of the recovery period is proper nutrition.
Products that promote normal peristalsis and timely bowel emptying. Constipation in the postoperative period is not permissible, because they can provoke a divergence of the seams on the internal organs.
- recommended: fruits, vegetables, sea kale, soups, broths, fermented milk non-fat products, barley, millet, buckwheat porridge,
- prohibited: strong tea, coffee, fat cottage cheese, cheese, cocoa, chocolate, semolina and rice porridge, seeds, nuts
- drinking water should be consumed in sufficient quantities (at least two liters per day),
- recommended frequent fractional power.
Выделения после операции: норма или патология?
Low-vaginal discharge can disturb a woman for one to two months after surgery, they are considered normal if they gradually lose their color intensity and do not cause severe discomfort.
- bleeding like menstruation
- the presence of clots in secretions
- high body temperature on the background of heavy discharge.
In these cases, you must consult a gynecologist. He will be able to make a conclusion about the state of health of the woman after the examination and ultrasound, to appoint corrective measures.
After the operation, sex and sport are equal to each other. Physical activity should be moderate, however, activities at the amateur and, moreover, professional level of sports, as well as sex life, are banned for at least two months.
It is important not only to exclude congestion, due to which the stitches can be inflamed, to disperse, but also the probability of infection of the wound surface after the operation, its injury during sexual intercourse.
A woman is not recommended to lift weights (including small children), go to the solarium and the bath, sauna, swimming pool. Overheating, hypothermia, stressful situations adversely affect the recovery of the body after surgery.
Women who, after the removal of fibroids, managed to preserve the uterus, have every chance of getting pregnant and having a baby.
In some cases, when the fibroid is small, it is not removed even with the onset of pregnancy, controlling growth. If necessary, myoma becomes one of the indications for caesarean section, during which the tumor is excised.
See more on the blog: Bee subside: the treatment of various diseases
Similarly, doctors observe subserous myoma, a formation that attaches to the body of the uterus with a thin leg or a thick base. With such a diagnosis, there is every chance of carrying a healthy baby and going through natural childbirth.
The main indicator of recovery of women's health after surgery to remove fibroids is the onset of menstruation. Normally, menstruation should go no later than six weeks after surgery. If this does not happen, you should visit a gynecologist.
At first, the monthly periods may be excessively abundant or, on the contrary, scanty, in a few months the cycle will be adjusted, giving a signal that the upcoming pregnancy can be planned.
Those who gave birth after the removal of uterine fibroids know how much stress is placed on the body, which has already been weakened by surgery.
For pregnancy and childbirth should be prepared thoroughly.
- Conception should not be planned earlier than six months after surgery. The stitches must heal not only outside, but inside. On the uterus, a tight scar should have time to form, which will withstand the load in the form of a fetus growing and pressing on it with great force,
- it is necessary to stabilize the hormonal level disturbed by myoma and the subsequent operation,
- a woman should strengthen the immune system, ensure the supply of vitamins and trace elements necessary for the unborn baby
Permission for pregnancy must be given by a doctor, according to the results of examinations, ultrasound examinations, tests. There is no need to hurry, because the consequences of such a hurry threaten not only the unborn child, but also the woman herself. As a result of uterine rupture and internal bleeding, a woman can die in a matter of minutes without even waiting for an ambulance.
When nothing happens
What to do if time goes by, and, in spite of treatment, hormonal therapy, a well-going recovery period, a long-awaited pregnancy never occurs?
Medicine offers an outlet for the desperate: IVF, pregnancy with a sitting in the uterus of fertilized eggs, embryos at a very short time.
Unfortunately, there is no absolute guarantee that everything will work out the first time, but numerous reviews and stories on the Internet forums show that the chance is quite high.
In addition, the pregnancy resulting from in vitro fertilization is strictly monitored by doctors throughout the entire period, and the woman is constantly supervised. In this case, the probability of detecting any threat and preventing it in times is higher.
Uterine fibroids are not a sentence, in many cases it is possible to preserve the genital organ, giving the woman the opportunity to become a mother. However, success largely depends on careful adherence to instructions and recommendations for the period of rehabilitation after discharge from the hospital.
Band operation: uterine myoma postoperative period
In some cases, the only solution is abdominal surgery so that uterine fibroids do not grow. The postoperative period can proceed in different ways, it all depends on the course of surgery and the patient's body.
The procedure itself is common. It is performed to prevent the growth of fibroids or its progression into a malignant tumor.
In some cases, surgical manipulation is the only way to get rid of the pathology, as there may be a direct threat to the life of the woman.
One way or another, but the hysterectomy performed during this ailment is an operation, so many patients are afraid of possible complications or consequences, as well as a tedious recovery after it.
What consequences after the operation for myoma you need to know: reviews of patients, recommendations of doctors
Uterine fibroids - a common disease in women of childbearing age, caused by hormonal disruption and an excess of estrogen in the body. The tumor is benign.
It does not show symptoms in the early stages, and this leads to the fact that a node is diagnosed, usually when it has reached a large size, and conservative treatment with medicines is powerless.
In such cases, women are shown an operation, the control of the preparation and conduct of which is carried out by a leading gynecologist. When the procedure is over, the next stage of tumor treatment begins - recovery after removal of uterine fibroids.
After a band operation to remove uterine fibroids, the postoperative period begins, which lasts about 7 days. This time the patient must be under the strict supervision of a physician.
The first 24 hours the woman will be in the intensive care unit, then she will be transferred to the ward. When the anesthesia is gone, weakness, dizziness, pain in the area of the stitches, nausea can be felt, sometimes vomiting opens up - this is how the body removes the remnants of anesthesia.
When doctors make sure that the stitches are in order, and the patient has no complications after surgery to remove uterine fibroids, she will be discharged home, where the next stage of the recovery period, rehabilitation, will begin.
How to speed up the healing process after removal of uterine fibroids
Life after the operation does not end, you can keep the same rhythm, but given some limitations.
Before discharge, the gynecologist should explain to the woman what the consequences may be after the removal of uterine fibroids, how long it is better to wear a postoperative bandage, what can be eaten, when any symptoms appear, you should immediately seek medical help. If you carefully follow all the recommendations, rehabilitation is easy and painless.
When removing uterine fibroids in the postoperative period, it is important to listen to the doctor's advice, since they allow not only to recover at an accelerated pace, but also to prevent complications and to avoid the recurrence of the disease.
After the operation was performed to remove uterine fibroids, gynecologists recommend:
- move more, even if it causes discomfort, moderate physical activity will prevent the occurrence of adhesions,
- wear a bandage after removal of the tumor, which will support the seam and tone of the abdominal wall,
- monitor the seam hygiene, visit the doctor twice a year for ultrasound and examination,
- control monthly after removal of fibroids,
- take care of contraception during sexual intercourse.
The postoperative period after removal of uterine fibroids is always accompanied by medication.
Gynecologists prescribe hormone therapy in the form of drugs such as "Duphaston", "Yarin", "Regulon", "Zoladex", etc.
Also shown is the intake of vitamins and minerals, complexes that prevent the occurrence of adhesive processes. It is important to observe the regime of wakefulness and rest, eat more vegetables, try not to react to stress.
What can not be done after abdominal surgery to remove fibroids
Many women wonder how long the rehabilitation lasts after the removal of uterine fibroids?
There is no strict framework and an unequivocal answer to this question. Each case is individual, many factors affect the effectiveness of treatment and the speed of recovery, for example, age.
If it is necessary to remove myoma after 40 years, the body may need more time and effort than at 25.
At a young age, we recover faster, regeneration processes occur on their own, without medication.
How to remove the uterus with myoma (consequences, reviews)
Also, the duration of rehabilitation after removal of uterine fibroids through abdominal surgery depends on the size of the tumor, the number of nodes, the presence of complications in the operating room.
To help the body recover faster, patients should know what is forbidden to do until they are completely cured.
Women after removal of uterine fibroids can not:
- be subjected to strong physical exertion, move to prevent adhesions - does not mean to go in for athletics or sign up for the gym immediately after discharge from the hospital,
- stay long in the sun, sunbathe, sunbathe, go to the solarium,
- return to the usual sexual life within 30-90 days (dates depend on the state of health),
- subjected to stress and emotional stress,
- for a long time to be upright.
After surgery, removing the uterine myoma, you can not allow constipation. It is important to adjust nutrition and balance your diet. In the first month shows a strict diet, you need to increase the amount of fiber consumed. The menu should have more fruits and vegetables, cereals, fish. Fatty and fried foods are contraindicated. It is necessary to limit the daily intake of salt, sugar, spices.
It is possible to plan pregnancy and childbirth after the removal of fibroids in 6-12 months, when the menstrual cycle is improved. However, before this, it is imperative to visit a gynecologist. The doctor must make sure that the nodes are not revived, and the future mom's body has fully recovered.
Laparoscopy with myoma and recovery after the procedure
Laparoscopic removal of uterine fibroids reduces the effects of the operation to zero. The procedure implies that access to the nodes is carried out through small punctures on the abdominal wall.
With the help of a special optical device specialist will be able to inspect the cavity and carry out the necessary manipulations. The operation takes less than 40 minutes. Scar healing is much faster and less painful, because
the area of affected tissue is minimal.
If laparotomy was performed (abdominal surgery), the patient can only get up on the third day. In the case of laparoscopy, you can check out during the first day. Physical activity is allowed to a greater extent, but do not abuse the load, because you can damage the seams.
Sex after the removal of fibroids in a benign manner is permitted one month after the manipulations.
Otherwise, rehabilitation after removal of the uterus, laparoscopy or laparotomy does not have any serious differences.
It is also forbidden to stay under ultraviolet light for a long time, it is not recommended to lift weights, you should follow a diet.
You can prevent the effects of removal by taking antibiotics, vitamin complexes and hormonal drugs.
If a woman noticed bleeding after removing fibroids, her body temperature rose, there was a headache, nausea, spasms in the lower abdomen, opening uterine bleeding, you should immediately call an ambulance, and in no case, refuse hospitalization .
Complications after prompt elimination of myoma nodes are not uncommon. Namely, therefore, if a woman has already given birth and is at an age close to menopause, doctors recommend removal of the entire uterus.
Agree on such a radical method is only after careful deliberation and consultation with an experienced specialist.
After surgery, myoma is sent for histological examination. Histology is designed to determine the nature of the cells, the presence of atypical cells among them, prone to degeneration into cancer.
Restoration of childbearing function after fibroids - the views of women
After the surgical removal of the tumor, while observing the prescribed regimen, the patient recovers quickly and can live at the same rhythm. However, it is important to establish a hormonal background and ensure all conditions for a woman to give birth in the future to a healthy and strong baby.
In order to understand after which operation the restoration of the child-bearing function proceeds faster, you need to hear and compare the reviews of those who have already experienced the removal of fibroids:
“When the gynecologist discovered the knot, it was too late to hope for homeopathy or medication. I asked for help after long and fruitless attempts to get pregnant. The tumor reached 7 cm in diameter, so a course of hormones was prescribed before the operation.
After taking the drugs for 2 months, the site decreased by 5.5 cm, and then the doctor prescribed the day of surgery. I stayed in the hospital for 5 days. After discharge, strictly followed all the prescriptions and recommendations of the doctor, drank antibiotics.
There were no complications, and after 2 years we had a long-awaited baby. ”
“My fibroid was discovered at 32 years old. One child in the family was, my husband and I wanted a second one, so we went to the doctor. On ultrasound, the gynecologist noticed several nodes with a diameter of 4 to 7 mm. After consultation, I decided to agree on laparoscopy.
The method is as painless as possible, and most importantly, with a minimal recovery period. The first three months after the procedure kept the diet, limited load. Six months later, my gynecologist said that you can think about pregnancy, since rehabilitation was successful. ”