In the general sense, a means of hygiene is a mass of adsorbent material, folded in the form of a cone. Used for insertion into the vagina during critical days. Tampon is not a new tool, appeared in the last century, is actively used by modern girls, women.
For the manufacture of used anti-allergic materials that absorb blood well during menstrual flow. They change the hygiene product as it is filled, approximately every 2 hours. Violation of this rule creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microflora, which is fraught with the development of the inflammatory process, thrush, vaginitis.
The shape is tapered, pointed on one side, and a thread attached on the other hand, which is necessary for convenient removal. As filling with secretions means a few increases in size, but does not cause discomfort during extraction from the vagina.
Conventionally, tampons are divided into 2 groups - with and without applicators. The hygiene product itself looks identical, but in the first version there is a special device that facilitates the introduction inside. The tube with the piston inside.
Differ in size, absorbency. Little ones are designed for girls, as well as for critical days with a minimum amount of discharge. The package has a designation in the form of one droplet. The maximum absorbency of the product is 14 ml, approximately 4 tsp. On the package is indicated by 4 drops, suitable for use on critical days with normal secretions. With heavy periods, bleeding is not used.
The advantages of hygiene:
- ease of use
- lack of visibility
- convenient extraction,
- does not cause the greenhouse effect
- imperceptible when used,
- allowed to take a shower, a warm bath, swim in a pool with a tampon inside,
- wide range, a wide variety of brands,
- affordable price.
- you have to change often
- not used for heavy discharge,
- there is a risk of infection in violation of the rules of use.
When using the tool at night, inserted immediately before bedtime, change immediately after waking up. The tampon should not remain inside longer than 8 hours.
How to choose?
To find the perfect tool for yourself, you need to consider several factors.
For girls with a hymen, a separate product line is produced, which is small in size. The ability to absorb what day to use is indicated on the packaging. There is also information about the minimum and maximum possibilities. On the packaging depicted droplets. The active tampon is highlighted with a bright color, dim, which are still in the line. To find the right size for women, you have to experiment a bit at first. Too small will skip discharge, fall out, big will cause discomfort.
In addition, the package may contain the notation “mini”, “normal”, “super”. You can focus on them. Mini designed for minor discharge, apply on the first, last day, Normal is suitable for the middle of the cycle, Super use with significant discharge.
Tampons are made from viscose, cotton, a mixture of these components. When used, there should be no discomfort, and the introduction should be easy. What products to choose - an individual solution. You should also pay attention to the shape, some have a smooth, smooth surface, others are twisted in the form of a spiral, which somewhat increases the efficiency with respect to moisture absorption.
- Ease of administration
Any tampon can be inserted with your fingers into the vagina, push to the desired depth. If difficulties arise with this, use products with an applicator. Special adaptation does not allow to make a mistake with the desired depth, facilitates the introduction. Removed equally for the rope that remains outside.
Application instruction - how to insert
The procedure causes some inconvenience in the first time, then everything happens mechanically, without thinking. Initially, you need to decide on a comfortable posture. Enter the tampon in the supine position or slightly crouching. The most convenient way to perform manipulations in the bathroom, there you can remove the previous one, wash your hands, do other preparatory procedures.
- remove the tampon from the packaging, remove the protective film,
- insert the extended applicator with the blunt end, so that the thread is inside,
- wash your hands, dissolve labia,
- insert a tampon with an applicator, enter to the full depth,
- put pressure on a thin tube that acts as a piston until your fingers touch the labia,
- gently remove the applicator, the tampon will be in the right place, the thread outside.
With proper execution of manipulations there will be no discomfort, especially painful sensations. Upon completion of the procedure, wash your hands, throw away the applicator, next time use a new one.
Introduction without applicator:
- remove the tampon from the packaging, remove the protective film,
- wash your hands, dissolve labia,
- to take in the right hand, to insert into the vagina, to push it to the desired depth with the index finger,
- the tampon should touch the cervix, it will feel,
- on completion, fix the thread, wash your hands.
The use of the applicator is convenient at home, but if you need to act in emergency conditions, the usual one is more suitable. Therefore, you need to practice with both options, then choose the most comfortable for yourself.
Make it even easier than pasting. The procedure is carried out in the bathroom so that you can perform the procedure of washing or wash your hands. All you need to do is take a comfortable position, relax the muscles of the vagina, pull the thread. Means for a few seconds without difficulty will be outside. Conduct a washing-out insert new.
Frequently asked Questions
At the initial stage of the use of hygiene a lot of different questions arise. Knowing the correct answer, you can avoid embarrassment, misunderstanding, health problems.
How to understand that the tampon is entered correctly? Initially pushed straight up, then tilted towards the uterus. With the correct location of the tampon is not felt, there is no discomfort, pain. Unnoticeable means when changing positions - lying, standing, sitting, while walking.
Why can not I insert a tampon? There may be several reasons - an extremely dry vagina, intense anxiety, an experience that causes the muscles to contract, make it difficult to move the tampon. In this case, the only way out is to stop worrying. This situation is more typical of teenage girls who are just beginning to learn the basics of life during menstruation. Women have no such difficulties.
How to go to the toilet with him? The tampon does not interfere with the natural functioning of the bladder, ducts, does not complicate the process of removing urine. Usually they go to the toilet, they don’t even need an instant change of money if it has been inserted recently.
Can I paste too deep? Further the vagina the tampon will not go. It does not penetrate the uterus, urethra, even when strongly pressed. Worry about this is not worth it. Too deep does not happen. Promote the tool until it stops, and then it goes down itself, will take the desired position. If inserted shallowly, the tampon will simply fall out at the first movement.
How often do I need to change? The basic rule is to change as you fill, but at least once every 2 hours. The accumulation of blood inside the vagina on the swab creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogens. The cervix during menstruation is ajar, lowered, bacteria can freely get inside, after which begins inflammation, changes in the microflora of the vagina, and other troubles. At night, experts recommend the use of gaskets, but if everything is used a tampon, leave it longer than 8 hours is prohibited.
How to throw away unnoticed? Manipulations are carried out in the toilet, bathroom, ladies' room. The removed product is placed in a special pocket that comes with the product or is wrapped in a plastic bag, toilet paper. Thrown into the trash, trash can, any suitable place for this.
Can I swim, go to the pool? One of the main aspects why women, girls use this tool in critical days. Allocations remain inside, which allows you to swim in the reservoirs, take a warm bath, wash in the shower, visit the pool. Insert a new tampon should be before immersion in water, get immediately after the release. Keep no more than 30 minutes. In the days when there is heavy bleeding, water procedures are still worth refusing.
There are many debates about the effect of tampons on a woman’s body. The opinion of experts is divided - some recommend using the funds for girls, women, others - strongly discourage them. The main danger lies in the fact that the menstrual flow remains inside, the risk of reproduction of the pathogenic microflora, the imbalance of bacteria increases. This situation provokes the development of thrush, vaginosis, less inflammation of the uterus, appendages. In general, the relatively long period of use of products by women of different ages does not confirm the high danger to the body.
- inflammatory processes
- violation of the microflora of the vagina,
- gynecological diseases
- severe bleeding
- PPP diseases,
- individual intolerance.
To get out of the situation, do not harm your body, if necessary, tampons are used on days with minor secretions, pads are used in the middle of menstruation, at night.
According to a study by experts from the United States, it was established that tampons with long-term use cause toxic shock syndrome. Pathogens are special golden bacteria that live in the female organism in the smallest number. With the emergence of favorable conditions begin to multiply rapidly. The process is dangerous with severe toxicosis, even death in a matter of days. The main symptoms are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, severe headache, diarrhea, skin rash, and terrible weakness. The situation is complicated by the fact that when seeking help from specialists, they immediately treat the poisoning, check the work of the gastrointestinal tract, no one will guess to ask if the woman uses tampons.
The question of health - is it worth using for the first time?
The onset of menstruation or menarche is associated with many processes in the newly formed organism. Curve excursions are not the only problem these days. The girl feels pain in the abdomen, dizziness, incredible weakness, nausea. Often the pain of such intensity that you have to drink painkillers, antispasmodics. Using tampons for the first time is not very convenient and safe. In addition, the discharge for the first time is not always insignificant, there may be bleeding when it is better to use conventional gaskets.
About physical activity, dancing, dancing, swimming, speech is not. The child should be provided with peace, abundant drinking regime, emotional, moral support. Without tampons for the first time, you can safely do. In the future, the use of this hygienic means is also limited, used in an emergency, for example, for swimming in the pool. Gaskets allow blood to flow out, clearing the vagina from the discharge, timely replacement, regular water procedures prevent irritation of the skin, the occurrence of an unpleasant odor.
Regarding security, our specialists are unlikely to conduct sensational studies, rely on the experience of foreign colleagues. From a theoretical point of view, a tampon is safe because it is made of cotton, viscose, but often flavors are added, a special layer that retains moisture, etc. Additional components can freely cause severe irritation, an allergic reaction. The risk of infection increases, which has already been officially proven, and the occurrence of toxic syndrome does not appear from the first days of use, which suggests that the tampon is really safe.
Feels like on critical days I want purity, maximum comfort. A blood-filled swab inside the vagina is not something everyone likes. Therefore, the decision - to use or not, individual.
How to use tampons
Hygienic tampon is a convolution of special compressed absorbent materials, which has a cord to extract. It is introduced into the vagina, where it reliably absorbs the menstrual fluid, not allowing it to leak out. There are devices with applicators that make the introduction procedure more convenient, and without them. As a rule, their surfaces are very smooth, which facilitates insertion and prevents injury to the vaginal mucosa.
Like pads, tampons differ in the volume of absorbed discharge. On packages, usually, the differences are indicated in the form of droplets.
Regardless of which option is chosen, with or without an applicator, there are some rules that must be followed:
- Before inserting a tampon, it is necessary to clean the surface of the hands and genitals from contamination, since proper insertion implies contact of the fingers with the vaginal mucosa.
- Properly administered means should not be felt in the vagina and bring discomfort.
- It is necessary to change a tampon every 4 hours (if this hygiene product is used for the first time, it needs to be replaced, after 2 hours).
- If a hygienic device is used while swimming in a pond, it should be inside no more than half an hour.
- Before inserting a tampon, make sure that the cord for return is secure so that it will not come off when removed.
- You can not use these hygiene products with the same absorption during the menstruation, at the end of menstruation should choose a smaller size than during heavy discharge.
- You can not leave it at night, as this can lead to inflammation.
- Before you enter the tool, you must make sure that the protective film is removed.
- A used tampon cannot be thrown into the toilet, it should be wrapped in toilet paper or a bag and thrown into the urn.
How to insert a tampon with an applicator
It is believed that the most comfortable and hygienic products have an applicator. With the introduction does not occur contact of the genitals with the hands, so they will become indispensable assistants on trips when full washing is impossible. Applicators have the form of a rigid smooth construction consisting of two parts.
In order to correctly insert a tampon that is placed inside the applicator, you should follow the recommendations as accurately as possible:
- Wash hands and external genitals thoroughly, if there is no such possibility, treat them with wet wipes for intimate hygiene.
- Remove from individual packaging.
- Perform the procedure can be sitting or standing, lifting one leg.
- The upper part of the applicator should be taken by the base of your thumb and middle fingers.
- Fingers of the other hand need to push the labia.
- Insert the upper part of the applicator to the fingers into the vagina, and with the index finger, press the lower part of the applicator to the base, squeezing out the tampon, and then remove the applicator.
- Correctly insert the system not at a right angle, but in the direction of the sacrum, according to the anatomy of the female reproductive system.
- The lace should remain outside, it is most convenient to place it between the buttocks.
- Wash your hands after the procedure.
How to insert a tampon without an applicator
Tampons without an applicator are very popular with women. They differ in compactness and lower cost.
As applied to them, there are no claims, if you follow the rules:
- Before inserting a tampon, it will be right to wash hands and external genitals very carefully, as the introduction of products without applicators implies direct contact with the mucous membrane.
- It is necessary to remove the protective film and straighten the cord.
- The position should be as comfortable as possible: sitting, standing with knees bent or one leg raised.
- Take a tampon with your thumb and middle finger at the base.
- Fingers of the other hand open the lips of the other hand.
- Insert the tampon into the vagina to the base, after which the index finger to push it as far as possible, the index finger should almost completely go inside.
- You should make sure that the string is left outside, so that later there will be no problems with the removal of hygiene products.
- Remove finger and wash hands thoroughly.
How to understand that the tampon is entered correctly
During the introduction of hygiene it is very important to relax the vaginal muscles so that the procedure is as successful as possible. The tampon must be deep enough, in which case it is not felt inside and does not bring discomfort. Если гигиеническое средство выступает из отверстия влагалища, такое расположение не будет правильным, оно вызывает трение и не защищает от протекания.
In order to understand that the inserted tampon is positioned correctly, you should wet the genitals with toilet paper or a napkin, which should remain clean. In this case, the cord must be outside, and the tool itself should not be felt, much less bring pain.
Tampon extraction process
Removing a tampon is usually not difficult at all. After the set time has elapsed or in case the hygienic means began to leak (and this is possible in conditions of heavy bleeding or an incorrectly chosen size), it can be removed by pulling on the return string. The tool, which is completely soaked with menstrual fluid, easily goes out of the vagina, without causing unpleasant sensations. If you relax the muscles, the process will be even easier. Before extracting, wash your hands to prevent the entry of pathogens. After the hygiene product is completely out of the vagina, it should be wrapped in toilet paper or a bag, and thrown into the urn. In no case can not flush it into the toilet.
Contraindications for use
Despite the fact that modern hygiene products give many women the opportunity to lead an active lifestyle in the delicate days of the calendar, not all the fair sex can afford to use tampons.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that the use of these hygiene products can cause possible harm, there are a number of contraindications:
- In case of any inflammatory processes of the genital organs, tampons should not be used, since they favorably affect the reproduction of pathogenic microbes. In such situations, you should give preference to sanitary pads until the problem is completely eliminated.
- Incorrect use can cause toxic shock syndrome, which is caused by the entry of bacteria. The symptoms of this disease are very similar to the symptoms of the flu, and the consequences can be extremely serious.
- In some cases, tampons can cause vaginitis or thrush. If this happens, you should change the brand of hygiene products after complete elimination of the problem.
- It is forbidden to use tampons during postpartum discharge, since postpartum lochia should be expelled from the woman’s body unhindered.
Opinion of doctors
Gynecologists have a positive attitude to the use of tampons during menstruation, if there are no contraindications for this. Experts say that these hygiene products are suitable for both women and girls who have not yet begun to live sex. For those who are going to inject a tampon for the first time, some tips should be followed:
- you need to choose a tool of small size, in this case it will not harm the hymen,
- for the first time it is better to use tampons with applicators,
- need to enter very carefully, without the influence of force,
- in the process of insertion and extraction of the tampon, it is necessary to relax the muscles of the vagina, so that the procedure is free from injuries and discomfort.
To avoid the sad consequences, it is important to choose the right size tampons on different days of menstruation. You can not keep them longer than 4 hours and is strictly forbidden to leave overnight. From this, pathogenic microbes multiply, which can lead to chronic inflammation and other serious pathologies.
Tampons can make life easier for a modern woman during her period. For the first time it is better to familiarize yourself with the instructions for use, which tells in detail and shows how to insert tampons correctly in order to make this process as successful as possible. Otherwise, this is a matter of habit, which will allow a woman not to deny herself an active life even during the period of "these days".