Today we begin a series of conversations with obstetrician-gynecologists. And the first conversation is about the first week of pregnancy.
- Well, let's start with the fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE to determine exactly this period.
The fact is that usually the conception of a child occurs 14-15 days after the onset of menstruation.
That is, for example, a woman's monthly period began on May 1, therefore, the conception of a child took place approximately on May 14 (although it may be earlier, and later - all in different ways). Of course, a woman herself can know more precisely if sexual intercourse with a man took place these days. But if you have sex every day, then determine the exact date of conception is simply impossible.
That is why in Russian obstetrics it is considered to be the beginning of pregnancy, the date of the last menstruation (agree that this is all conditional and approximately). And 40 weeks have already been added to this date - and forward, to childbirth.
Therefore, we immediately say that there can be no sensation in women in the first week of pregnancy. Unless, of course, she does not possess supernatural sensations and abilities.
So, this term according to obstetric rules means in general the absence of even the very process of conception, this is such a convention.
(We will start from the moment that the embryo is already a future child. Therefore, we will consider the first week of its first week, that is, from May 14 to 21, the time of our “virtual” woman.)
- So how do you determine that a woman is already pregnant?
- In the first week - absolutely nothing.
A bit of theory.
Suppose fertilization of the egg, that is, conception happened, as we agreed, on May 14th.
But this process happened where? In the fallopian tube.
As soon as fertilization and fusion of the chromosomes of the egg and spermatozoon occurred, a new cell was formed - a prototype of the unborn child. Everything, the conception of a child has happened. And this new cell immediately begins to divide - first into 2 cells, then into 4, then into 8, and so on. In parallel, this embryo moves through the fallopian tube, enters the uterus, "sticks" to its wall and the placenta begins to form. This whole process actually takes the first 7 days of the embryo’s life after conception. Therefore, even if you wish to determine the hormone hCG in the first week of pregnancy, it will not be determined, because it cannot be yet, or its concentration is too low, and the result will be “none of this”. If you wish to perform an ultrasound and determine whether there is an embryo in the uterus or not, then you do not determine it for the same reason - in the first week the embryo has not really attached yet, and its small size is not visible on the ultrasound.
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- Well, in general, the repetition of previous questions. There can be absolutely no symptoms or signs of pregnancy in a woman for a period of one week. During this period, she has exactly the same sensations as on the other days of the menstrual cycle.
- And if a woman is sick at this particular time?
- If you feel sick in the first days after conception, it could be a gastrointestinal upset, poisoning, high blood pressure, the second or third week, or something else. But not the first. Because it has not actually arrived yet - the embryo has not yet properly attached to the uterus.
- Can I terminate a pregnancy at this early term?
- You can not.
First, you still do not know that you are pregnant.
Secondly, the fetus has not really joined the uterus and cannot be detected by any means.
- Is it possible to go monthly during this period?
- Monthly at our supposed woman were when?
So, theoretically, they will not be able to go until May 28.
Well, if during May a woman started bleeding, which she can take for menstruation, then it could be:
- violation of the menstrual cycle, that is, in fact, monthly periods arrived ahead of time, which means - “there is no pregnancy, and there was not.
- miscarriage, that is, the fetus could not be kept in the uterus, and a spontaneous abortion occurred. By the way, I must say that a miscarriage in the first week usually proceeds as a violation of the menstrual cycle. At least, the woman thinks so that her cycle was disturbed, bleeding started, maybe even more severe bleeding than usual, but in fact she got an embryo, which in the first week still represents a set of cells.
- Could toxicosis occur at such an early date?
- No, he can not. Just the hormonal background has not changed yet, and if it began to change by the end of the first week, it still cannot cause a real toxicosis clinic. By the way, on late terms, a woman has a completely different pattern of toxicosis, not similar to the initial period: see late toxicosis.
So let's summarize.
In the process of answering questions, we found that:
1) Definition of pregnancy in the first week is impossible with modern means.
2) The first signs that a woman is pregnant during this period (that is, our "virtual" woman from May 14 to 21) have not yet manifested
3) Toxemia is impossible in the first week, and it is also impossible to have an abortion.
4) In no case should a woman during this period use alcohol, antibiotics, smoke, be nervous, that is, eliminate stress, otherwise hormonal stresses may occur, which will lead to the impossibility of implanting the embryo in the uterus, and ultimately - miscarriage in the early term.
5) In general, if you want to get pregnant and wait for the conception of a child, then tune in to the fact that it should occur in the period from the middle of the menstrual cycle. If the following monthly periods have not come, then you are pregnant. Here you can already buy tests for CG, get tested, you can even try to do an ultrasound (but we do not advise doing this for short periods).
6) Accurately guaranteeing that the embryo began to develop one week after conception can only in vitro fertilization. And an ordinary woman can only advise one thing: wait another 10-14 days.
Nausea in the first days of pregnancy: causes
Many signs of pregnancy, such as: fever, nausea, itching, vomiting, osteomalacia, dermatosis, nervous tension, drooling, experts associate with a number of factors.
- The reaction of a woman (immunological) to the antigens of the baby.
- Psychological moments.
- An increase in the blood of women prolactin and chorionic gonadotropin.
- Penetration of chorionic villi endometrial uterus.
- Chronic diseases.
The unequivocal negative answer of some experts to the question: “Can they feel sick in the first week of pregnancy?”, Requires clarification. It is believed that nauseous begins in the second week of pregnancy.
But early fertilization, ovulation occurred a week ahead of schedule. A woman feels sick in the first days after conception.
The first day of the delay of menstruation or the day of conception is taken by the woman as a reference point. But the pregnancy is already two weeks to the day of the delay.
Wrong counting is the reason that the first week is, in fact, the second week of pregnancy. It turns out that a woman, in fact, is sick from the 2nd week.
Nausea is rarely manifested before a delay in menstruation. Further, at conception, at the beginning of pregnancy, large hormonal changes occur.
Progesterone is a hormone produced by the corpus luteum from the first days of pregnancy.
Then this hormone produces the placenta. Under the influence of chorionic gonadotropin in the first days of pregnancy, the level of progesterone rises from zero and reaches a large number.
It provides several functions from the first days:
- Provides alternation of menstruation and ovulation.
- Reducing tension in the muscles of the genital tract and uterus.
- Development and preparation of the endometrium to receive the egg after fertilization.
- Fastening of the fetus in the endometrium.
- Blocking immune rejection of the fetus as a foreign body.
- Creating a cervical stopper to hold the fetus.
- Creating an obstacle to ovulation after pregnancy.
- Ensuring the growth of the mammary glands.
- Reduction of estrogen (elimination of uterine contractile activity).
Progesterone relaxes not only the muscles of the genital tract and uterus. The hormone has a relaxing effect on the sphincter between the esophagus and the stomach.
Therefore, a woman can feel sick in the first days of pregnancy. And also, the hormone acts on intestinal motility, causing flatulence and constipation.
The negative factors of the hormone include a decrease in the tone of the blood vessels, bladder and ureters.
In the first case often occurs: lowering blood pressure, swelling, varicose veins, fluid retention. By lowering the bladder tone, frequent urination occurs.
The effect of progesterone on the nervous system of a pregnant woman is manifested in mood swings, drowsiness, irritability, tearfulness.
Any disruption in the digestive system during pregnancy can occur as a result of an increase in the amount of progesterone.
There is a sharp increase in other hormones in the first weeks of pregnancy.
Increasing the amount of hormones has a strong effect on the condition of a pregnant woman in the first and subsequent days after conception.
The impact of hormones is not always positive. It is not surprising that many pleasant smells, food before pregnancy become subsequently unbearable.
Can vomit from the smell of household chemicals, perfumes, personal hygiene products, some foods.
Nature is designed so that the body rejects all unnecessary and even harmful to women and children at a given time.
Often a woman begins to feel sick in the first week due to nervous tension, fatigue, hunger, overeating.
The formation of the placenta in the first week (up to 16 days) and the subsequent production of a large number of substances is one of the reasons why a pregnant woman can feel sick.
The placenta acts as a temporary endocrine gland and produces all hormones and hormone-like substances of the human body.
Nausea in the first week arises due to hormonal disruption, provoking toxicosis. During pregnancy, a hormonal surge occurs, which can cause negative events in the first and subsequent weeks.
Nausea and vomiting as indicators of toxemia in the first week does not occur in all women. Sometimes pregnancy runs smoothly in all semesters. But this phenomenon is extremely rare. Experts consider toxicosis in the first week as a violation.
The new state of the female body can not perceive fully. In some system, a functional failure occurs.
After the formation of the placenta (100-120 days) and the fixation of the fetus, the condition of the pregnant woman, as a rule, normalizes.
But not always. There are exceptions when some women may experience discomfort before giving birth. In each case, the causes are determined on the basis of history and laboratory tests.
Manifestations of toxemia are experienced by almost all pregnant women (almost 90%).
According to statistics, in half of women in the position of toxicosis continues to develop for various reasons. There are cases that toxicosis manifests itself in the absence of nausea.
Toxicosis and prevention
Potting may occur due to inappropriate food, negative emotions. Short-term discomfort without associated symptoms do not require medical treatment.
It is enough to adhere to a balanced diet, abide by the daily regimen, and avoid emotional overload. It is necessary to make daily walks in the fresh air, to do special gymnastics.
Conception planning is the best preventive measure. It is necessary to undergo all medical examinations in advance, to eliminate any functional disturbances in the body.
It is recommended to exclude from the diet of harmful foods (spicy, smoked, fried, fatty foods), to give up alcohol and smoking.
Broths and tinctures of medicinal herbs help to eliminate the symptoms of nausea: peppermint, pharmaceutical chamomile, ginger (root), tea, or plain water with lemon juice.
You can make an infusion of lemon zest, anise and ginger, tea with glucose. Drinks are recommended to drink in small portions.
Ginger helps to relieve nausea, you should chew a small piece. You can also hold a piece of ice in your mouth (freeze along with the infusion of plants).
These measures will help to eliminate the symptoms of toxemia in the mild form (rare vomiting, vomiting no more than three times a day).
Following the recommendations you can alleviate the symptoms of toxemia in moderate form (frequent and constant nausea, vomiting more than five times a day). Food should be taken often, but little by little, and not hot.
The manifestation of severe toxicosis is expressed in the following states:
- persistent nausea
- vomiting more than 10-15 times a day,
- lowering blood pressure
- weight loss,
- apathy, depression.
With a severe degree of toxemia in the blood, the level of hemoglobin, leukocytes, urea, creatinine increases. Immediate laboratory tests and inpatient treatment are required.
It is possible to overcome strong toxicosis by using a number of medications that are safe for the woman and the child.
- Essentiale forte.
Absorbents absorb and remove harmful substances from the body: Filtrum, Enterosgel, Smekta, Polysorb. Homeopathic medicine Kokkulin prescribed by a doctor for the relief of nausea, motion sickness.
Hofitol is prescribed for chronic nephritis, cirrhosis, hepatitis, cholecystitis, to reduce blood urea, protect the liver, improve blood circulation (placental). It is used under the supervision of medical professionals.
The drug Metoclopramide is used to relieve nausea, vomiting, flatulence of various origins, with exacerbation of duodenal ulcers and stomach, reflux esophagitis. It is prescribed by a doctor and used under its strict control.
To prevent severe toxicosis, experts recommend reducing the consumption of meat products and increasing the diet of vegetables and fruits.
This measure will allow the organs of the gastrointestinal tract and intestines to be unloaded from heavy and poorly digested food.
Should be organized split meals, eat often and little by little. Especially useful for pregnant women fermented milk products, liquid cereals, for example, semolina, oatmeal.
You should use at least one and a half liters of liquid per day (water of good quality, wiped soups).
Every woman should carefully select food to your liking to eliminate or reduce the discomfort of nausea.
Toxicosis, poisoning or cold?
To begin with, every woman's body reacts to everything that happens to him, completely individually. Some women in an interesting position will never be able to maintain a conversation about toxicosis, because in all 9 months they have never met him. Others, on the contrary, experienced both early toxicosis and late.
Some expectant mothers doubt whether toxicosis exists in the first week or not. They can often take nausea in the morning for a banal poisoning or a kind of reaction to the common cold. Still, nausea at the onset of pregnancy can manifest itself quite early, and this will be the very first signal that a new life has arisen in the body of a woman.
Oh, this first week.
But can you feel sick in the first week of pregnancy? Definitely not. And it will be the answer of any gynecologist. And suddenly surging malaise he ascribes self-hypnosis. But not everything is so simple, because many women later recalled how they were sick only a few days after conception. Therefore, we will try to figure out why this is happening. And yet - how long does toxicosis last, which began in the first days after fertilization of the egg?
Toxicosis is not a very pleasant phenomenon, but it happens in most mummies. Some women are horrified at the mere thought of him. Others quietly listen to every change in the body, rejoice that "everything turned out." Still, nausea before the delay of menstruation is quite rare. After all, everything happens due to hormonal adjustment - more active production of progesterone. This occurs 3-4 weeks after conception or 5-6 obstetric. But doctors believe that this toxicosis is early, and it can be explained only by the individual characteristics of the organism.
Making a conclusion from the above, it can be understood that gynecologists, in response to the question of whether they can feel sick in the first week of pregnancy, will categorically say no.
We consider inaccurate
Scientifically explaining such early nausea can be only one: the calculations were inaccurate. Usually, the expectant mother takes the day he was conceived, or the first day of the delay, as a starting point. And by the time of delay, the gestation period is approximately 2 weeks (or 4 obstetric), the hormonal changes in the body continue. Вот почему даже самое легкое недомогание и вселяет в женщину чувство радости при мысли о будущем материнстве. В большинстве случаев так и происходит.Toxicosis begins after a delay in menstruation, which is why moms respond positively to the question of whether they can feel sick in the first week of pregnancy.
A week earlier
But doctors find another explanation for everything - early ovulation. That is, fertilization of the egg occurred prematurely for about a week. It is then clear why the future mother is sure that she is sick after conception, practically in the first days. True, a little later it turns out that the notorious “first” week is not the first.
That is why, when answering the question about nausea at the very beginning of pregnancy, one may encounter many additional questions, concepts, and medical terms. Especially if you take into account the individual characteristics of the female body and blindly believe in maternal intuition.
When will it end?
Almost every future mother at the very beginning of pregnancy (in her first trimester) is concerned when toxicosis passes. Unfortunately, no doctor can give the exact date. Every woman has everything in her own way. Approximately toxicosis ends in the first trimester, this corresponds to 12-14 weeks of pregnancy.
The body of the future mom is undergoing some hormonal changes. Therefore, toxicosis begins. The first trimester is usually accompanied by all sorts of nausea, food aversion, and aversion to smells. At the beginning of pregnancy it is natural. Toxicosis, which occurs after half of the period has passed, is considered to be much more dangerous. This may be the answer to some problems in the body.
Toxicosis should not be afraid. It should just endure, survive. A little later, he will pass by himself, without any participation of moms. The placenta gradually develops. At 14 weeks she will have a certain degree of maturity. That is why most pregnant women do not have toxemia.
Placenta as it protects the future mother. Thanks to her, the toxins secreted by the fetus do not adversely affect the woman's body. And before that, they freely penetrated the bloodstream, causing intoxication. Just this situation leads to vomiting, nausea, intolerance to individual odors. Yes, and hormonal adjustment also "helps" this. That is why in the early stages of pregnancy, a woman suffers from increased salivation and other “charms” of her condition. Some ladies may lose some weight, because the type of food does not make them want to eat.
Is it really necessary to treat toxicosis?
According to gynecologists, toxicosis is most common in women who are waiting for their firstborn children. If the pregnant woman ignores the advice of the doctor, does not follow the daily regimen, eats improperly, then, possibly, toxicosis will be her “neighbor” in the second half of the term. In medicine, it is called preeclampsia. Its signs are edema, protein in the urine and increased pressure. Doctors are required to carry out prevention and treat preeclampsia. During treatment, they pay attention to the degree of severity. If the case is severe, a woman can be put in the hospital.
There is absolutely no need to use any special means for toxicosis at the beginning of the waiting baby. And treatment is not required. But if a woman has constant vomiting, the doctor may prescribe mild drugs. As a rule, use of plant origin, which will not cause any harm to the baby.
Duration of toxicosis
When will toxicosis pass? The answer to this question interests many future moms. Usually by 12 weeks of pregnancy, most women feel good. But some sigh with relief only by the 16th week. The situation can complicate and chronic illness pregnant. Healthy women carry the first weeks much easier. But by the middle of an interesting position, the hormones of mummies stabilize and the placenta is already formed. Therefore, their well-being improves.
So, how long toxicosis, it was already possible to understand. This is absolutely not a terrible phenomenon in the life of a pregnant woman. You just have to go through it. If a woman feels insecure, then it is better for her to lie down or take a walk in the fresh air - this is how someone considers it possible for herself. To relieve nausea will help either sour drinks (juice, water with a slice of lemon), or a cup of sweet tea with crackers. It is better not to eat food with the aroma of garlic, onion, or other too "fragrant" additives. To reduce the signs of toxemia will help any foods that are high in protein. It will be useful to use freshly squeezed juice, green tea or plain pure water. Any homeopathic medicines that the expectant mother is going to take should be shown to your doctor.
Video: is there toxicosis in the first week of pregnancy
not. and in the second too.
no, maximum nerves. from 4 to 8
It happens, especially if the rhesus is different.
and why not, it happens
Nothing like this happens. And what! I almost from the first days of the flight, he appears. And two months stretches. : ((
As a rule, it does not happen. Maybe it's a self-suggestion. Although pregnancy, the thing is purely individual. Anything can happen.
Of course there is no!
every person has an individual organism. Someone does not have any toxicosis at all, and someone suffers from an entire pregnancy. But basically this should not be. Toxicosis usually occurs somewhere between 5-7 weeks and ends by 12-14. . and you can ask how to really find out pregnancy in the first week
During the normal course of pregnancy, nausea and vomiting can be no more than 2-3 times a day in the morning, often on an empty stomach. At the same time, the general condition of women does not deteriorate. As a rule, by 12-13 weeks nausea and vomiting cease. However, such phenomena may continue longer. Toxicosis can be distinguished: - mild (the frequency of vomiting does not exceed 5 times a day, it happens more often on an empty stomach, it can be caused by eating or an unpleasant smell. This reduces appetite and depresses the mood of a pregnant woman. There is no weight loss) - moderate (vomiting repeats from 6 to 10 once a day, sometimes does not depend on food intake. A woman complains of weakness, dizziness, slightly decreases blood pressure. Weight loss 2-3 kg per month). - severe (excessive vomiting that occurs up to 20 times a day, not only during the day, but also at night. Such vomiting causes dehydration wrinkling of the body and drastic weight loss of the pregnant woman.The body temperature rises to 37.2-37.5 degrees, the pulse increases to 120 beats per minute, the blood pressure decreases Weight loss 8-10 kg per month). The severity is determined by a combination of vomiting with metabolic disorders , changes in the function of the most important organs and systems. It is believed that toxemia of the 1st half of pregnancy torments not only the expectant mother, this condition can affect the fetus. With frequent vomiting, the woman's body becomes dehydrated - and therefore the inflow of nutrients to the fetus is severely impaired. with chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, asthenic syndrome, the risk of developing toxicosis is increased. The onset of toxicosis can depend not only on the concomitant diseases of the woman, but also on the inheritance factor and immune status. Sometimes a woman’s age is taken into account. This sometimes explains the development of toxicosis in women after 30 years, and toxic states of the 2nd, 3rd or next pregnancies, if the toxicosis did not occur at all in the first pregnancy. Vomiting can be associated with the effect on the maternal organism of "alien" (father's) particles fetus. The list of hormones produced by the placenta includes placental lactogen. It is very active in the metabolism: it increases the mobilization of fatty acids and reduces the synthesis of proteins in a woman’s body. As a result, the placenta and fetus begin to "control" the metabolism of the maternal organism, forcing them to satisfy their needs. These processes, and, moreover, increasingly intensifying, cause maladaptation: the inability of the organism to adapt to its “new position”. According to this opinion, this is toxicosis of the 1st half of pregnancy. It is also believed that disturbances in the relationship between the central nervous system and internal organs play an important role in the development of the disease. Preparations for improving the condition (help from nausea): 1. "Hofitol" (usually administered orally 2 tablets 3 times a day) .2. "Korilip" candles (1 candle 2 times a day into the rectum). What YOU can do yourself 1. Try to walk at least half an hour a day.2. Now eat whatever you want. However, it must be easily digestible and contain a large amount of vitamins. Try to avoid difficult to digest foods (this recommendation applies to the entire period of pregnancy) .4. Eat small meals every 2-3 hours. Frequent chewing (salty crackers, nuts, dried fruits, lemon) helps a lot with nausea.5. Food should be chilled or slightly heated. You need to lie down. Before you get out of bed, and you vomit.7. Eat separately from drinks. In the drinking diet must be alkaline mineral water.9. When drooling, it is good to rinse your mouth with chamomile, sage, mint extract. 10. Eat foods containing proteins (eggs), dairy products (kefir, sour milk, cheese) for breakfast .11. Star
Of course it does. Changes occur in the body and it reacts to them.
What symptoms say about pregnancy in the early stages?
Many women are afraid of pregnancy, for fear of toxemia, overweight after childbirth, skin problems and other things. Girls are interested in when to expect nausea, when it is already possible to do a pregnancy test, and whether the coming critical days are a guarantee of the absence of pregnancy. It must be remembered that all women are individual, and all biological processes are different.
- No critical days. This is the main feature. After all, those who do not expect conception, usually do not feel signs, until they notice the absence of menstruation.
- Frequent urination. It is observed at the beginning of the first trimester and arises due to changes in hormonal levels. However, there are pathologies that can also provoke this symptom, for example, cystitis.
- Strong sensitivity of the mammary glands. When pressed, the chest begins to hurt, the nipples swell, the mammary glands increase in size. But such symptoms can occur before menstruation.
- Pulling sensations in the lower back and lower abdomen (as before critical days).
- Increased basal temperature. Many girls measure it in the morning. If it stays at 37 degrees for several days, then we can talk about effective conception.
- In order to detect pregnancy, an examination of changes in the level of hCG in the blood is done in the early stages. Within a week after conception, it will increase.
- Urine laboratory tests can confirm or disprove the presence of effective conception.
- And finally, a girl can feel sick. However, the appearance of toxicosis in all occurs at different times. Some do not have it at all.
Nausea in the first week of pregnancy
Toxicosis is an unpleasant and often inevitable sensation. Many women with horror expect the first such symptoms, while others, on the contrary, listen to their bodies in the hope of identifying at least one sign of pregnancy. Very rarely, nausea before the delayed menses. But vomiting in the first week of pregnancy should not be even more so.
But if you still feel sick immediately after conception, then what does this mean? For women who strongly want a child, early toxicosis can be a common self-suggestion. After all, all the thoughts of the future mother are only about the future baby: she listens to every change in her body and can think up nonexistent symptoms. Mostly this happens with women who have not managed to conceive a child for a long time. And vice versa: because of the fear of pregnancy, you can think of yourself too much.
Such easily feels women can really feel nauseous one day after fertilization. There may even be vomiting in the morning, which they take as a sign of conception, but this is just a psychological factor.
Could this be a manifestation of the disease
Nausea in the first week of pregnancy may indicate diseases of the nervous system and some visceral organs.
These diseases include:
- gastrointestinal tract diseases
- pathology of the pancreas and biliary tract,
- liver disease,
- long lack of rest
- strict diets
- recovery period after infectious diseases
- hypotension or hypertension.
When nausea and vomiting are usually observed
On the basis of the above, it can be concluded that even a week after effective intercourse should not feel sick. If this happens, it is possible that a woman has a poisoning or aggravation of some kind of pathology.
Usually, discomfort in toxicosis does not appear before 4-5 weeks, that is, about a month after the start of the last critical days. If this happened during this period, then we can safely consider toxicosis a sign of a successful conception. It is at this time that germination of the ovum begins in the uterus, the formation of their joint vessels. The body of the girl begins to change, taking the necessary state for carrying a fetus.
If we assume that the first week begins after a delay in menstruation, then toxicosis is quite likely. After all, in fact, the first week of delay is 2-3 weeks from the moment of conception, hormonal changes are already occurring and ill health due to pregnancy may well be present.
How to get rid of toxicosis
No one has been able to completely get rid of toxemia, but you can alleviate the unpleasant sensations
- You need to comply with the daily regimen, sleep at least 8 hours, avoid stress, eat right.
- Arrange relaxation days for yourself: turn on pleasant slow music, sit comfortably in a chair with a cup of your favorite tea, think about something good, about pleasant moments from life, about the future baby.
- It is necessary to adjust the diet with toxicosis. Eat should often, but little by little. Do not eat heavy, spicy, fatty foods. An empty or, on the contrary, crowded stomach increases the feeling of nausea.
To reduce lower abdominal pain and nausea, eat lemon or put it in tea. Also help decoctions of chamomile, mint, ginger. But with the last product you need to behave carefully.
A couple of days after fertilization, nausea can still, and the reasons for this are different, but not pregnancy. You just need to pay more attention to your health, and during pregnancy do not write off all illnesses to your position, but be regularly examined by a doctor.
Do not wait for unpleasant signs of pregnancy. If the test turned out to be positive, one should bring more positive emotions into life, rejoice more often, walk in the fresh air, do everything that brings pleasure. Think of your baby, imagine how he smiles at you. After all, when mother is happy, then the baby develops well and correctly.
Why is sick in the first weeks of pregnancy?
Toxicosis is an unpleasant phenomenon, but in most cases, inevitable. Many mummies, with horror, think about the upcoming ailment, others, on the contrary, listen to every call from their bodies and rejoice even in the slightest hint of a pregnancy. Nausea, as the first sign of pregnancy, is very rare before the delay of menstruation. Since this condition is triggered by hormonal adjustment, or rather active progesterone production, which falls for 3-4 weeks after the meeting of the egg and sperm, or 5-6 obstetric. But it is worth noting that toxicosis, which appeared even at this time, is considered and is explained by the individual characteristics of the organism.
Based on the foregoing, gynecologists, answering the question whether they can feel sick in the first weeks of pregnancy, categorically declare that they are not.
The only scientific explanation for such early nausea is inaccuracies in the calculations. If we assume that the woman takes the day of conception or even the first day of delay for the starting point, then it is quite likely that the matter here is not at all in the maternal intuition. After all, as a rule, at the time of the delay, the gestation period is 2 weeks (or 4 obstetric), respectively, hormonal restructuring is already underway and a slight indisposition may well suggest a miracle. Of course, in most cases, it turns out that toxemia begins after a delay in menstruation, hence the bold statements of mummies that a woman can become sick during the first week of pregnancy.
However, there is another explanation for what is happening - this is early ovulation. Namely, if the egg cell was fertilized a week earlier than the allotted time, then it is likely that the future mother may be sick at the so-called first week of pregnancy. Of course, later it turns out that the “first” week was far from being the first, but this would no longer be of fundamental importance.
So, can you feel sick in the first weeks of pregnancy? It is not easy to answer this question. Especially if you take into account the various individual characteristics and believe in the existence of so-called maternal intuition.
Существует достаточно признаков, подсказывающих женщине, что она скоро станет мамой. Someone begins to think about pregnancy only after a delay in menstruation, while others feel changes in the body within a few days after conception. And since many women consider toxicosis to be one of the signs of pregnancy, they naturally wonder how many days after conception nausea can occur.
Why does toxicosis occur in pregnant women?
Before answering the main question about when the first signs of toxicosis appear, it is necessary to understand the reasons for their appearance. Objective reasons for this condition are changes in hormonal levels. Starts to produce intensively the hormone hCG. It is on his concentration that home pregnancy tests react. In addition, in the body of a woman after conception, estrogen is produced and then progesterone, which also have a significant effect on the health of the future mom.
Such hormonal changes do not occur at the moment of conception, but when the fertilized egg enters the uterus and attaches to its wall. From this point on, the pregnancy is considered to have come and the hormones necessary for its further development begin to be produced.
In addition to changes in hormonal levels, the reasons for which nausea and other signs of toxicosis can occur include changes in the vascular system of a woman, adaptation of the nervous system, and attacks altering the work of the gastrointestinal tract in accordance with the changes in the body.
Toxicosis can be a protective reaction of the body to the presence of toxins in the mother’s blood, to which the embryo is very sensitive.
It is known that the embryo attaches in the uterus in a week - one and a half after conception, and an increase in the concentration of hCG and other hormones and that later. Therefore, approximately during this period nausea may occur.
Doctors are inclined to associate the earlier signs of toxicosis with other - subjective reasons caused by the psycho-emotional state of the woman. These include fear or, on the contrary, a great desire to become pregnant and self-hypnosis. In these cases, the woman may feel nauseous immediately or the next day after a possible conception, even if it did not happen.
Early toxicosis: when does it start to feel sick?
Toxicosis is not only nausea and vomiting. This also includes other ailments of a pregnant woman - exacerbation of smell, change in taste and preferences, aversion to certain types of food or smells, weakness and dizziness. When, after conception, they begin to appear?
It depends on several factors:
- Physiological state of the body.
- Psychological state.
- The presence of allergies.
It happens that nausea appears within a week after conception. Some women begin to feel morning nausea turn 3 - 4 weeks after conception. Usually, by this time, the woman already notices a delayed menstruation and learns about her pregnancy. However, most often this condition occurs after 6 to 8 weeks, when the concentration of hCG and progesterone is already quite high and there are significant changes in the woman's body.
In healthy physiologically women for whom pregnancy is desired, nausea and other manifestations of early toxicosis may not occur at all. If they arise, then last not for long. Usually, in order to get used to a new state, a healthy body takes 3 weeks, after which it returns to normal.
As for pregnant women suffering from various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, they fall into the risk group of those who suffer from attacks of early toxicosis.
In the normal course of pregnancy, early toxicosis should end before the 14th week of pregnancy. Therefore, nausea, which is closer to this period has just begun, requires special observation. If after 14 weeks the toxicosis does not stop, it is necessary to undergo an examination and find out if there are any other causes of nausea and vomiting besides pregnancy.
Do I need to fight nausea during pregnancy?
Toxicosis in most cases is an essential attribute of pregnancy, so the question of the need for its treatment is quite natural. The answer will be individual in each case. Normally, nausea can appear in the first trimester of pregnancy as a reaction to changes in the body. Usually she does not bother a woman all day, but occurs only in the morning after waking up.
If toxicosis is manifested by a slight deterioration in the state of health of the pregnant woman and goes away within 2 to 3 weeks independently, then no additional methods of dealing with it are usually taken.
To reduce nausea, you can use the following tips:
If a woman wakes up for a long time and spends her day in an embrace with a toilet bowl, which negatively affects her psychological state and physical health, then she should be given appropriate treatment. It may include both a specific diet and drug therapy.
It is impossible to answer unequivocally on what day after conception nausea can appear. Each organism is individual, therefore it reacts differently to the birth of a new life in it. Someone claims that he guessed his interesting position immediately, and some do not experience any discomfort during the entire pregnancy. Therefore, nausea in and of itself cannot serve as an absolute indicator neither for determining the fact of pregnancy, nor for determining its duration.
Women, with trepidation and hope awaiting pregnancy, or vice versa - those who fear it with all their cells, often ask themselves such questions. When the first signs appear, when the breast begins to grow during pregnancy, when it starts to feel sick, and so on. But if, in general, it is still possible to name more or less approximate dates, then it is not always possible to do this with each of them individually. And all because every time even one woman has everything individually, each pregnancy is different from any other. And it is not at all necessary that you experience the same signs and symptoms as your sister, friend or neighbor.
Concerning nausea. Most often accompanied by pregnancy. That is, expectant mothers usually get sick in the first and third trimesters, although even they are all different. Someone is only slightly nauseated, and someone can not move away from the toilet. Someone nausea lasts throughout the entire period of carrying a baby, and someone passes quickly and almost imperceptibly. In some, it returns in the third trimester, while others safely wear the child without suffering more from nauseous attacks. And the time when vomiting during pregnancy begins for the first time is also different for everyone.
If you ask a hundred pregnant or giving birth women who feel sick during pregnancy, when it started, they will all respond differently. Well, at least, not equally. It should be said that it is impossible to precisely name the period when it can start nauseating. But directly due to the onset of pregnancy, this can happen no earlier than 10-12 days after conception. This is the very, very early date. Speaking objectively, it is only 3 weeks or more after that.
On average, nausea during pregnancy begins no earlier than after a delay in the expected next menses. And if it is logical to argue in general, then nausea can occur within 5-6 weeks after fertilization, since in the fourth week of pregnancy hormones take effect, fluctuations of which, in fact, provoke nausea.
Definitely you can not feel sick because of pregnancy the next day after sexual intercourse. Nausea is naturally possible. But the reason in this case will be different. And if you ask this question, then most likely the cause of your nausea on the second or a few days after unprotected sex is an experience. In this case, you absolutely sick of the nerves (unless you have eaten something).
Self-suggestion plays a very important role. If you decide that you should be sick - surely it will be. Therefore, do not expect toxemia, and in particular nausea. This is a deep misconception that all pregnant women should feel sick. Many do not even know what it is.
If you have confirmed pregnancy, and nausea still has occurred, it is possible that you will be inspired by this: it is said that nausea during pregnancy is a good sign, foreshadowing a decrease in the risk of complications during childbirth.
We wish you that pregnancy was desirable, and childbirth - prosperous. And all this without nausea.
Especially for - Elena Kichak
Can you feel sick in the first days after conception? Doctors often hear similar questions from their patients. You can meet them in popular forums for expectant mothers. After all, a girl who is looking forward to pregnancy, notes the slightest signs that she will soon become a mother.
When does toxicosis begin after conception? Most girls feel nausea associated with the development of symptoms of early toxicosis, begin not earlier than the first day of the delay. But some say that their onset is sick immediately after conception. That is how they determined that the decree was not far off. Is it really possible to feel sick in the first days after conception?
It is known that nausea in women may be associated with manifestations of a condition such as toxicosis during pregnancy. His symptoms begin to make themselves felt no sooner than 3-4 weeks after the "productive" sexual contact. By this time, the embryo had been implanted (it had entrenched in the uterus), and the female body entered the phase of active hormonal adjustment.
Pregnancy toxicosis is the result of a hormonal storm, which begins as a result of hypersecretion of hCG (the main hormone of pregnancy), estrogen and progesterone. The first manifestations of nausea are diagnosed precisely after the connection between the fertilized egg and the uterus. Therefore, it begins to feel sick during pregnancy not earlier than the first day of the delayed menstruation.
Among the main reasons why women develop early toxicosis during pregnancy should be highlighted:
- change in the quantitative indicators of female hormones, which leads to the inclusion of the adaptation mechanisms of the body of the expectant mother,
- increased reactivity of the vascular wall to hormonal restructuring,
- stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system as the body’s response to a huge amount of female hormones,
- the esophagus, stomach, and liver begin to “get used” to new circumstances.
Why is sick immediately after fertilization?
Having learned about the reasons for which it begins to feel sick during pregnancy, it is safe to say: immediately after fertilization of the egg, toxicosis is impossible, so for 3-4-5 days after conception, a woman should not feel any discomfort. Why, then, many girls nausea occurs on the third or fourth day after sexual intercourse, and even the next day? So can you feel sick in the first week of pregnancy?
Since the present toxicosis of pregnant women comes only after implantation, and this is about 10-14 days after ovulation, it can be stated with complete certainty that nausea for the second, third, and so on day after the alleged conception is in no way connected with the likely onset of pregnancy.
And if all the same immediately after conception appears toxicosis? Then what to think about when it starts to feel sick after conception?
As you know, sick can not only after fertilization. Nausea before the delay can occur as a result of self-hypnosis. After all, the girl so wants to become a mother, she is preparing and waiting, all her thoughts are only about the upcoming pregnancy. Especially often this happens with women who have difficulty conceiving and are looking forward to this event. And also, on the contrary, with suspicious ladies who are afraid to be in a position and thus ascribe to themselves the symptoms of an unwanted pregnancy.
Often, such emotional women can really feel sick on the second day after sexual intercourse. They may even begin morning vomiting, which they mistakenly regard as a sign of pregnancy. But this is not toxicosis, but only a manifestation of psychosomatics.
Maybe this is a disease?
Why can feel sick in the first week of pregnancy? One week after conception, nausea and vomiting may appear as symptoms of diseases associated with impaired normal functioning of certain visceral organs and the nervous system. These conditions include:
- exacerbations of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal organs, in particular chronic gastritis, gastroduodenitis, enterocolitis and others,
- chronic pancreatitis and biliary tract dyskinesia,
- liver disease,
- poisoning with poor-quality food or toxic substances,
- nervous exhaustion
- the complication of a strict diet,
- a condition after a flu or other viral infections,
- overdose of some medications,
- drop in blood pressure or, on the contrary, its increase.
So, immediately after conception it can make you sick for a variety of reasons. That is why you should listen to your body and try to understand what could cause nausea or vomiting. Can you feel sick in the first week of pregnancy? Yes, maybe, but not because of the pregnancy itself, but because of possible diseases. And if you are really pregnant, health should be given increased attention, rather than writing off the pathological symptoms to an interesting position.
When should toxicosis begin?
So, to summarize, we can confidently say that several hours after conception, on day 3, and even 5-7 days after effective sexual contact, it should not make sick during pregnancy, unless of course the woman has symptoms of poisoning or others become aggravated. pathological conditions. Therefore, the question of whether you can feel sick after conception on the next or third or fifth day, there is only one answer. And this is a firm no!
So how many days after conception begins to feel sick? On which day after conception will there be signs of early toxemia in the first trimester? Nausea is regarded as a symptom of toxemia in cases where it appeared no earlier than 4-5 weeks of pregnancy (that is, about a month after the onset of menstruation). It is during this period that the fertilized fertilized egg grows into the wall of the uterus, forming vascular connections with it, and the female body itself is rebuilt with every new day due to the hormonal vortex, which is necessary for the normal development and carrying of the future baby.
The question, on which day after conception begins to feel sick, is individual, since every single female organism is a unique system that reacts differently to internal or external changes. After conception, toxemia appears in someone already from the first day of the delay of menstruation. And someone may not manifest at all.
And if not sick?
If nausea has not begun, do not worry about this issue. This is only for the better. After all, the symptoms of early toxicosis are not signs of pregnancy. And the latter may well proceed normally without them, especially in cases when it comes to healthy and full of vital energy young persons who dream of motherhood and the birth of a small lump of their own personal happiness.
If you become pregnant, you should not wait for toxicosis to begin to manifest, constantly wondering how much after conception it begins to feel sick. It is better to devote this time to yourself and thoughts about a little baby, who after a few months can be born and make happy mommy happy with her first smile.
Not all women have any signs of pregnancy. Some understand that the pregnancy did come, only after the belly begins to grow. But the majority of women focus on the absence of menstruation, although it happens that they continue until the birth.
Almost all pregnant women instantly have an infinite number of questions about their health, especially if they are in this state for the first time. Someone wonders if you can feel sick at. We will try to answer this question in the article in as much detail as possible.
The first essential signs of pregnancy at 1-2 weeks after conception
The first signs of pregnancy at 1-2 weeks after conception. Do they happen? Most gynecologists insist that it is impossible to know if a woman’s dream has come true at such an early date. However, many expectant mothers have proven that maternal intuition does not cause, having made the correct diagnosis for themselves. On the basis of what changes in the body can we suspect the approaching motherhood?
1. Nervous tension. В данном случае мы имеем в виду любые беспочвенные типично женские чувства, вроде обид без причины и скандалов, недовольства своей внешностью и т. д. В целом, данные первые признаки беременности на первой неделе очень похожи на симптомы предменструального синдрома, также вызванного гормональными изменениями в организме. Так что, если у вас бывает ПМС, то данный признак вам ни о чем не скажет.
2. Усиление аппетита. In order for the baby to develop well and quickly and be born healthy, the mother must eat properly and varied during his carrying. Nature itself cares about the continuation of the human race and the birth of the most healthy individuals, so the woman's body so casually suggests that it is time to change your diet.
3. Changing taste preferences. Each of us has some favorite dishes. Someone loves exotic vegetables and fruits, someone can not live without meat, and someone cheers up various sweets. After conception, everything can drastically change. Favorite dish once becomes nasty, its only smell causes nausea. No, the point is not that it has become boring, but that a new life has arisen in you. These are fairly common first signs of pregnancy at 1-2 weeks.
4. Nausea. Usually, this symptom of incipient toxemia appears approximately a couple of weeks after conception. However, toxicosis is by no means all women, contrary to popular belief. Usually, discomfort in the stomach appears in the morning, immediately after waking up, before breakfast. Something it is similar to food poisoning. Not pronounced toxicosis successfully "treated" with tea with lemon, a decoction of mint or lemon balm. Some women just chew mint gum to nausea retreated. The apogee of toxicosis usually occurs in the middle of the 1st trimester, by the 2nd, everything goes away, no matter how it happens.
5. Increased urination. These are the very first signs of pregnancy, the first week after conception is usually not given out, but the second and subsequent ones cause some inconvenience for the woman. Just do not confuse this normal process with the pathological. If you experience pain while going to the toilet, then this is not an indicator of an interesting situation, but an exacerbation of cystitis. It is recommended to treat it under the supervision of a physician. This first sign of pregnancy in the first week and later, but only, is most clearly manifested. third trimester. For long periods, the heavy uterus begins to squeeze the bladder, and a woman often wants to go to the toilet, especially at night.
6. Sensitivity of the mammary glands. Someone literally immediately after conception begins to hurt the chest. And these feelings are more painful than those that occur in most women in the second half of each menstrual cycle. Another interesting point is that these first signs of pregnancy, appearing at week 1-2, can be successfully used to self-diagnose the normal / pathological course of pregnancy. If the chest was quite sore and one day it became soft and not tense, then this may indicate a fading pregnancy, the death of the ovum. Sometimes in such early periods, colostrum begins to stand out from the breast when pressed on the nipples or spontaneously. In some cases, this is considered normal, while in others it is associated with a pathological increase in the hormone prolactin due to serious diseases.
7. Abdominal pain in the uterus. These ladies are familiar with the majority of women. They usually occur a couple of days before menstruation and persist for a couple of days from its beginning. Some experience pain during ovulation. At the time of conception, pain appears, and the period does not begin. If there are other first signs of pregnancy, the first week after conception has already passed - it can be stated almost unmistakably. However, sometimes such light contractions of the weaker sex are experienced with the beginning of miscarriage. In general, any localization of pain in the expectant mother is a potential threat to her baby, it is necessary to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
8. Increased basal temperature. It is correct to measure it in the anus, that is - it is a rectal temperature. It rises in several cases: if the body temperature is elevated and locally, during the period of ovulation and in the first weeks after conception. We are talking about a fever in the morning, since it is necessary to take measurements in the morning, at other times of the day they are not informative. To measure the rectal temperature, you need to use an accurate thermometer, even 1-2 divisions play a role. When conceived, the thermometer will show 37 degrees or slightly higher. If you have noticed the above first signs of pregnancy at 1-2 weeks, but the thermometer shows a “negative” result, then it’s too early to get upset - this is a relative, probable symptom, but not exact. Modern gynecologists pay little attention to him.
9. Subfebrile body temperature. 37-37.3 degrees - this temperature is often observed in expectant mothers in the first trimester. This phenomenon is associated with the acceleration of metabolism due to an interesting situation. If there are no other symptoms of the disease, then this may well be called the first sign of pregnancy in the first week. Plus, it can throw in the heat, then in the cold. This is due to a violation of thermoregulation, it passes on its own within a few weeks.
10. Low blood pressure. If there is no instrument for measuring pressure at home, then a similar conclusion can be made on the basis of the following phenomena: drowsiness, fatigue, headache, etc. It is necessary to increase the pressure during pregnancy with non-drug means. You can go for a walk on the fresh air or drink coffee or tea, but not too strong, caffeine does not benefit the mother’s and the child’s organism either.
11. Pregnancy test positive or the result is not clear. In the first case, it is clear that the test shows two stripes, but much more often in the early stages, girls see the second strip of a barely noticeable, so-called “ghost”. If conception took place, the remaining first signs of pregnancy at week 1-2 will appear, and in subsequent tests the strip will become much brighter. This is due to an increase in the concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin in the urine, due to which the second strip is stained on the test. If you want to get an accurate, reliable result, then do the test after the start of the delay, as manufacturers recommend. Otherwise, the concentration of hCG may be too low to obtain a positive result, especially if ovulation did not occur in the middle of the cycle, but a little later - towards the end of the menstrual cycle. If you do not want to wait for the delay, then get a test with high sensitivity.
12. Slightly enlarged uterus. A doctor may notice this during a gynecological examination. But on this basis, he will not be able to make an accurate diagnosis, since the exact same slightly enlarged uterus may be before menstruation.
Sometimes the first signs of pregnancy appear in the first week, but despite this, menstruation begins. Of course, there may be a case in the far-fetchedness of the symptoms, and maybe in a possible miscarriage. Very often pregnancies are interrupted at very early stages, when doctors are still unable to make an accurate diagnosis. If this happened to you - do not worry, everything is ahead, still you will succeed!
1. First week of pregnancy
It is worth thinking about the future replenishment in advance, pay attention to your diet, bad habits and lifestyle, which may adversely affect future replenishment. Take care of strengthening your body, eat more greens, products containing vitamin C, drink minerals and vitamins, and of course give up the addiction, if any. At the first, the so-called week of pregnancy, you are unlikely to notice anything. Pregnancy occurs only six to ten days after ovulation. During this time, the sperm reaches the uterus, and the egg begins to actively create the placenta, the umbilical cord, but only after that a tiny pea-sized embryo forms.
So, in the first week you will not feel any special changes in the sensation, but some women feel intuitively that they are pregnant. But still it is better to rely on the most common accepted signs.
2. The first signs of pregnancy
Listen to your feelings, keep a record of your menstrual cycle. It is not at all necessary that all of the listed symptoms will fall on you, one of them is useful to know:
- Of course, the first signal is a monthly delay. And in their offensive instead of the usual, scant bloody discharge, yellowish-brown color appeared. They appear from the sixth to the twelfth day after conception and indicate the attachment of the embryo to the wall of the uterus. These bleeding is not only the primary sign of pregnancy, but can also be a reason for miscarriage, you need in any case, consult a gynecologist.
- Increased basal temperature is also a clear sign of life originated in you. But in order to be accurate in his observations, it is necessary to measure the temperature several days before conception. Considers a temperature of thirty-seven degrees indicates one of the primary signs of pregnancy. This is due to an increase in the hormone progesterone in the blood, which lasts three weeks, then the temperature returns to normal.
- Dizziness, malaise, headaches. The rapid onset of fatigue, drowsiness, a similar condition to the primary disease. All this is due to the previously mentioned elevated levels of the hormone progesterone. In some women, there is a decrease in immunity, you may experience a runny nose, sore throat.
- Often the first signs are accompanied by an increase and swelling of the breast. Many women complain of strong sensitivity, and sometimes it is impossible to touch, there is a small transparent discharge from the nipples.
- Frequent urination occurs due to an increase in hormones and blood flow in the pelvic organs, the functioning of the kidneys is changing.
Sometimes, of course, pregnancy is tolerated so easily that you do not even notice its occurrence until more pronounced signs. We also note that sometimes these signs indicate a malfunction in the body, we recommend that you first consult a specialist and take tests. First of all urine analysis for hCG.
3. Toxicosis as a sign of pregnancy
Some taste sensations, smells can cause severe nausea, or even vomiting, this is early toxicosis. His appearance may occur as early as the second week of pregnancy and last until the birth of the baby. Hormonal remodeling of the body begins primarily with the digestive system. Sometimes it can be confused with the usual food poisoning, as the signs are very similar. Indigestion occurs with toxicosis, may be accompanied by a strong liquid stool, heartburn, bloating.
Toxicosis, the phenomenon is not constant and can occur with periodic interruptions.
This is individual, someone is suffering to the present, right up to the inpatient stay in the hospital, and someone was fortunate enough not to know what it is. During the period of toxemia, usually in 90% of cases, taste preferences in food, flavors and everything associated with sensitive receptors change.
4. Risk factors for toxicosis
The apparent cause of toxicosis is difficult to identify, there are only different hypotheses. During pregnancy, hormonal changes greatly, which provokes disruptions in the woman's body, the so-called restructuring and for some time, he needs to adapt to the development of a new foreign body inside. Also exacerbate the course of toxemia may be the presence of a chronic disease or inflammation. You need to take a full range of vitamins before pregnancy, as well as undergo research and the necessary treatment. Stress, lack of sleep, nerve shocks, sometimes, affects unplanned pregnancy. Many future mothers in advance adjust themselves to the pains of toxicosis, during this period the nervous system undergoes great changes and the center of the brain, which is responsible for the nervous system, is activated.
It is worth mentioning the age, the younger the woman, the lower the tolerance of toxicosis and its occurrence. The main risk period is the period from thirty to forty years.
Do not forget about nutrition, even in the most acute attacks of toxemia. A very important role is played by protein, include boiled fish, cottage cheese, not fatty meats in your diet.
5. Ways to determine pregnancy
Many often confuse the primary signs of pregnancy with PMS, but if all of the above coincided with a delay in menstruation, it is likely that pregnancy has occurred. Hormonal reorganization begins immediately, the fertilization field of the egg and the results appear within a few days. A serious delay period is more than two weeks and in seventy percent of cases you are pregnant. Consider more accurate ways to determine. The most accurate and popular ones:
- A test that is available at any pharmacy. Its accuracy is ninety-five percent, determined by the content of specific hormones in the urine. Experts advise you to use several tests at once, to eliminate errors.
- Ultrasound of the pelvis. For a number of different signs, it helps to detect pregnancy in the early stages, is carried out in specialized clinics.
- Blood test for hormones. By increasing them, with a hundred percent guarantee, you can determine pregnancy as early as the second week after conception.
If everything is confirmed, it is important to tune in to a positive result and be ready for changes in your life. Be sure to get registered with the gynecologist, share with him your experiences, new sensations, monitor your health. Remember, now you are responsible not only for your condition, but also for a small new organism, inside of you.
What is considered toxicosis during pregnancy
Pregnancy without toxicosis is the absolute norm. But in the modern world this happens infrequently, and the absence of any uncomfortable symptoms in the first days after a delay in menstruation is often perceived by a woman as an alarming sign. So what is toxicosis?
This term refers to a group of pathological conditions that occur only during pregnancy, lead to a deterioration of the woman’s well-being and manifest extragenital symptoms. They may appear even before the registration of delayed menstruation and receiving a positive pregnancy test. So many women consider such a state to be the first and most reliable sign of successful conception.
In fact, toxicosis refers to the dubious signs of pregnancy. After all, its symptoms are not specific, sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish them from signs of various somatic diseases. In addition, some complaints appearing in a pregnant woman may be of a psychogenic nature, that is, they do not have a physiological connection with the development in the uterus of the embryo. And sometimes the imitating toxicosis condition occurs at all outside of pregnancy. This is possible if a woman is very much waiting for its occurrence and has a tendency to somatize her emotions due to individual psychological characteristics.
The term "toxicosis" was introduced into use at the beginning of the last century. Moreover, they were originally designated pathological extragenital conditions that occur on any period of gestation. Currently, toxicosis is diagnosed only in 1 trimester. And in later periods use the term "preeclampsia." And this is already a much more serious and potentially dangerous condition for the life of the fetus and woman. But now sometimes gestosis is called late toxicosis, which is not a completely correct term.
The main clinical forms
According to the modern classification, toxicosis includes:
- Vomiting of pregnant women is the most common form, it accounts for up to 85% of cases. That it is most often called early toxicosis.
- Dermatozy or "pruritus pregnant."
- Chorea pregnant.
- Bronchospasm and bronchial asthma.
- Hepatosis, acute yellow liver atrophy.
The severity of toxicosis can have 3 degrees of severity: mild, moderate, severe. This is decisive when deciding on the hospitalization of a pregnant woman, even if she does not show signs of threatened abortion and deviations in the development of pregnancy.
Why does he appear
For quite a long time, the development of toxicosis was associated with the poisoning of the woman’s body with metabolic products (toxins) formed during the development of the embryo. Currently, this theory is recognized as untenable, since it does not explain the disappearance of the main symptoms as the pregnancy progresses. Subsequently, many other assumptions were expressed, and some of them were reflected in the modern understanding of the pathogenesis of toxicosis of pregnancy. The study of this state is ongoing now, because the final mechanisms for the development of key symptoms are still not established.
Today, it is believed that the main causes of toxicosis during pregnancy lie in the developing hormonal imbalance in the woman’s body and in the change in the functional state of its central nervous system (especially the diencephalic region and the parasympathetic part). Subsequently, secondary dysmetabolic disorders occur. Это усугубляет состояние и может способствовать формированию уже не функциональных, а структурных изменений в некоторых внутренних органах с появлением новых симптомов. При тяжелом течении токсикоза развиваются дистрофические изменения.
For example, vomiting leads to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. This may already provoke a second violation of the digestive tract, convulsions, impaired functioning of the central nervous system and the heart. Fasting associated with toxicosis or low absorption of essential nutrients contribute to hypoproteinemia and the accumulation of ketone bodies. In case of adverse events, this can cause severe progressive hyperlipemia followed by fatty liver infiltration.
In some cases, the signs of toxicosis can be explained by allergizing the body of a pregnant woman with trophoblast proteins.
Clinically significant hormonal changes
Pathogenetically important dyshormonal disorders of early pregnancy:
- Relative failure of estrogen. In itself, this does not lead to toxicosis, but in combination with other disorders it becomes clinically significant and contributes to the development of vegetative reactions.
- The increasing concentration of progesterone in the blood. This hormone is produced by the corpus luteum of the ovary, remaining at the site of ovulation and continuing to function after implantation of the embryo. Its main task is to prolong pregnancy, prevent spontaneous abortions and ensure adequate growth of uterine tissues. But the effect of progesterone is not limited to the reproductive system. It acts on smooth muscle fibers in the walls of the digestive tract, relaxing them. This can lead to an imbalance in the work of the stomach and various parts of the intestine, which becomes the cause of the unpleasant symptoms of toxicosis.
- The progressive development of chorionic gonadotropin in the first weeks of pregnancy. There is evidence that the peak values of this substance often act as a provoking factor for the development of vomiting. This may explain the prevalence of complaints of nausea in the morning, when the concentration of hCG is usually the highest.
- Decreased secretion of glucocorticosteroids by the adrenal cortex. This leads to a decrease in vascular response to vasoconstrictor substances, contributes to the accumulation of fluid in the intercellular spaces.
Currently, dyshormonal changes are considered key in the pathogenesis of toxicosis.
What influences the likelihood of developing toxicosis
Toxicosis does not develop in all pregnant women. Even for the same woman, the period of bearing the first and subsequent children may differ. And if she has already experienced toxicosis before, during the second pregnancy, her symptoms may not be disturbed. And to predict its appearance is impossible.
There is also a view that there is a relationship between the likelihood of toxicosis and the sex of the conceived child. But it has no scientific evidence. In the very early stages of pregnancy, when toxicosis usually occurs, all embryos develop in the same way. They still do not have a differentiation of the reproductive system, this will only happen from the 8th week of gestation. Therefore, the sex of the child can not affect the development of early toxicosis.
Predisposing factors include:
- Multiple fertility. The hormonal “surge” in a pregnant woman is usually higher than when conceived with a single embryo.
- Tendency to neurosis-like and somatoform reactions, migraines. Indeed, in these cases, even before pregnancy, there is a change in the interaction between the brain, the vegetative part of the nervous system and target organs.
- Transferred shortly before conception, infectious diseases and surgical interventions, especially on the reproductive organs.
- The presence of chronic diseases of internal organs. The onset and prolongation of pregnancy can become a factor that violates the existing balance and leads to decompensation of the existing pathology. This is especially true for diseases of the digestive tract.
- Hereditary predisposition
- Age. Pregnant women older than 35-40 years have a greater chance of developing toxicosis. This is due to a decrease in their overall compensatory abilities of the body, a decrease in the functional activity of the endocrine and reproductive systems, and the accumulation of chronic and not always diagnosed pathology of internal organs.
It is important to understand that the presence of predisposing conditions only increases the likelihood of developing toxicosis. And their absence does not guarantee good health in the first months of pregnancy. Toxicosis is often faced by absolutely healthy and quite emotionally balanced women. This is not an exception to the rule and speaks only about the development of their reaction to changes occurring during pregnancy.
When does toxicosis begin
How long after conception does toxicosis occur?
The terms of development of this state are quite individual, but in any case it appears only after the implantation of the ovum into the functional layer of the endometrium of the uterus. And this process occurs no earlier than 5 days after the merger of the egg and sperm, most often on day 9 after ovulation.
But for a number of women, for various reasons, the time of implantation is shifted and can be either 7-8 or 11-14 days. In this case, a long time interval between fertilization and the introduction of the ovum is fraught with non-preservation of pregnancy, the woman's body simply does not have time to adequately respond and prevent the onset of menstruation.
What explains this period?
Fertilization of the egg most often occurs in the lumen of the fallopian tube. Therefore, for proper implantation, the resulting fertilized egg must reach the endometrium. He also needs to go through certain successive stages of development and be transformed in the process of active cell division into a blastocyst. Therefore, even if fertilization occurs in the uterus, implantation is still possible only after a strictly defined number of days.
Only after the insertion and fixation of the ovum in the endometrium, the woman's body receives a signal that a pregnancy has occurred and begins to produce hormones for its prolongation. A pronounced increase in the level of progesterone and a progressive increase in the synthesis of hCG is just capable of provoking the onset of toxicosis. But this usually does not occur immediately after implantation, and only after reaching a certain concentration of hormones and a secondary change in the functional state of the nervous system. In addition, each pregnant woman has her own sensitivity to the processes occurring in her body.
So what week does toxicosis begin?
The bulk of women begin to experience its symptoms for about 1.5 weeks after a delayed menstruation. Most often, they are preceded by other signs of an increase in progesterone level: engorgement of the breast, increased nipple sensitivity, and others. But in some pregnant women, they appear almost simultaneously with nausea, already a week and a half before the expected date of menstruation.
A pregnancy after IVF can also occur with toxicosis. It is necessary to take into account the later implantation of the ovum in connection with the technical features and timing of the procedure for transfer of embryos into the uterus. Therefore, the symptoms of toxemia usually occur already after confirmation of the fact of pregnancy with the help of a laboratory test for hCG and ultrasound.
It is important to understand that toxicosis is not excluded in case of ectopic pregnancy. Indeed, the site of implantation does not affect the functioning of the corpus luteum, hormone synthesis is supported by signals emanating from the developing ovum. Therefore, it is impossible to assume ectopic pregnancy only for the severity of toxicosis, other symptoms indicate this pathology.
The most common form of toxemia is nausea and vomiting of pregnant women. They are usually combined with increased salivation, increased sensitivity to odors (both food and household), the emergence of taste preferences, changes in appetite.
Nausea is an uncomfortable, but completely dangerous for the health of the woman and for the development of the embryo symptom. It can be almost constant, disturbed by surges in response to external gustatory and aromatic stimuli, or appear predominantly in the first hours after the morning awakening. But evening toxicosis is also possible, which is not a gross pathology. The deterioration at the end of the day is due to fatigue of the pregnant woman with the exhaustion of the functional reserves of the nervous system.
Vomiting often accompanies nausea and develops at its peak. In the first half of pregnancy, there is usually a morning urge, on an empty stomach. But vomiting may occur after eating. Its frequency and profusion depend on the severity of toxicosis and the presence of concomitant chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. A certain value has a diet and pregnant. Excessive, irritating, fatty foods usually aggravate the situation and more often provoke gagging.
In addition, gastric emptying may not be spontaneous. Wanting to alleviate the condition, reduce the severity of nausea and feelings of heaviness and overflow in the abdomen, some pregnant women deliberately cause vomiting. This is fraught with the appearance of traumatic linear tears of the mucous membrane of the esophagus at the place of its transition into the stomach, which causes some discomfort and may even cause the appearance of separate streaks of fresh blood in the vomit.
Early toxicosis can also be accompanied by heartburn - a burning sensation behind the sternum with a sour taste in the mouth, and sometimes with a feeling of irritation in the throat. The appearance of this symptom is due to the relaxation of the cardiac sphincter between the esophagus and the stomach, with the acidic contents being thrown into the upper sections and even into the oral cavity. The likelihood of heartburn is increased when deliberately provoking vomiting. But in general, heartburn usually appears on more pronounced periods of gestation.
The change in the general condition, the nature and severity of metabolic shifts in toxicosis of the first half of pregnancy depend on the severity of its course. With repeated, debilitating vomiting, other symptoms appear and grow. They are associated with dehydration, electrolyte metabolism, protein deficiency and deterioration of the functioning of internal organs. Severe toxicosis is actually multiple organ failure.
Main criteria for severity
There are 3 severity of vomiting of pregnant women:
- Easy Emetic urges occur 2-4 times a day, while discharge is not abundant and without pathological impurities. A pregnant woman has no weight loss, no deviations in the biochemical and general blood test. Her overall condition is rated as satisfactory.
- Medium heavy. The frequency of vomiting - 10 or more times a day. A pregnant woman loses weight, she has obvious vegetative disorders and signs of dehydration (dry skin, decreased urine output with acetonuria, severe asthenia, tachycardia and a tendency to lower blood pressure). But there are still no critical changes in the general and biochemical analysis of blood, the existing hypochloremia and mild anemia are amenable to correction. The temperature is usually low-grade. With inadequate treatment, the condition progresses, disorders of carbohydrate and fat metabolism develop.
- Heavy Indomitable vomiting (more than 20 times a day) is one of many polymorphic symptoms caused by multiple organ failure. Body temperature may be low-grade or febrile. There is a progressive decrease in body weight with signs of degeneration of internal organs and tissues. Kidney function is impaired, resistant oliguria, proteinuria, acetonemia and acetonuria develop. Liver damage causes jaundice due to bilirubinemia. The balance of minerals is grossly disturbed, there are marked violations of all types of metabolism. With increasing symptoms, the level of consciousness is disturbed, and coma subsequently develops.
Fortunately, indomitable vomiting of pregnant women with progressive deterioration is currently rarely diagnosed. After all, such a severe form of toxicosis develops by gradually weighting the symptoms, so that there is a possibility of timely correction of the resulting violations.
When to worry
Most pregnant women experience mild toxemia, manifested by nausea and morning abnormal vomiting. This condition does not pose any threat and does not even require special treatment. Nevertheless, the development of symptoms that require prompt treatment to the doctor.
- vomiting more than 10 times a day,
- severe weakness and asthenia, which significantly impair the daily functioning of a pregnant woman,
- violation of the depth of consciousness (in the form of stunning and even spoor), the main symptom of this condition is motor and mental inhibition with a violation of the level of contact with the outside world,
- weight loss
- dryness and reduced skin turgor,
- the smell of acetone in exhaled air,
- a clear decrease in the amount of urine released per day,
- the appearance of sclera jaundice, visible mucous membranes and skin,
- the sudden disappearance of complaints, which may be a sign of a progressive fall in the level of hCG due to a missed abortion.
Strengthening the existing symptoms, the emergence of new violations - all this also requires consulting a doctor.
What is included in the survey
Examination of pregnant women with complaints of symptoms of toxicosis is aimed at assessing their physical condition and excluding diseases that can lead to similar complaints.
Diagnostics includes laboratory and instrumental examinations:
- complete blood count to detect anemia and signs of inflammation,
- biochemical blood test with mandatory assessment of the functional state of the kidneys and liver, indicators of total protein and protein fractions, the ratio of key ions,
- urine analysis, determination of daily diuresis and daily loss of protein in the urine,
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs,
- Ultrasound of the hepatobiliary system, pancreas and kidneys, which allows not only to identify existing chronic diseases, but also hepatosis associated with pregnancy,
- consultation of a neurologist (in case of suspected neuroinfection, with the development of impaired consciousness),
- according to indications - smears and, if necessary, serological research to exclude foodborne toxicoinfections.
Pregnant women with toxicosis must regularly monitor blood pressure levels. After all, nausea and weakness can be due to its significant fluctuations in the direction of increasing, and in the direction of a clear decline.
Pregnant women with a sudden disappearance or a sharp relief of the main symptoms require special attention. They are shown unscheduled ultrasound to confirm the viability of the embryo. The fact is that with missed pregnancy, toxicosis often decreases rapidly due to the termination of the synthesis of supporting hormones.
How to deal with toxicosis during pregnancy
Treatment of mild toxemia is usually not carried out. Only with the development of neurosis-like reactions and a decrease in the ability to work a woman can be offered therapy in day or 24-hour inpatient settings. Moderate forms of toxemia are the basis for deciding the feasibility of hospitalization. And severely expressed options require the speedy placement of a pregnant woman in a hospital or even in an intensive care unit.
It is important to understand that all prescribed drugs are not able to completely eliminate the main symptoms, since it is impossible to get rid of toxicosis while maintaining its sole cause (pregnancy). The drugs used help to stop potentially life-threatening complications, alleviate some of the manifestations and thereby alleviate the condition of the woman. In addition, each prescribed remedy for toxemia has its own point of application and certain indications. Therefore, only the doctor should select the optimal therapeutic regimen.
Possible areas of treatment for toxicosis:
- Elimination of existing dehydration, the choice of method depends on the severity of dehydration and the patient's condition. Watering with the use of special salt solutions, infusion therapy based on reopolyglukine, Ringer-Locke and others is practiced.
- Correction of electrolyte disorders and metabolic acidosis. In severe vomiting of pregnant women, the administration of glucose-insulin-potassium mixture, sodium bicarbonate is often required. Selection of solutions to fill the electrolyte deficiency is based on the dynamic assessment of their level in the blood plasma.
- Filling a clear nutritional deficiency. In severe cases, special nutritional mixtures are prescribed, plasma, albumin, serotransfusin can be administered intravenously.
- Reduction of endogenous intoxication due to multiple organ failure. Intravenous administration of hemodez is shown, sometimes extracorporeal blood purification procedures are performed.
- Maintaining the function of the hepatobiliary system. With light and moderate course with hepatoprotective purpose and to improve the work of the biliary system, Hofitol is often prescribed, Essentiale. При выраженных нарушениях используют схемы лечения неинфекционных гепатитов.
- Борьба с почечной недостаточностью.
- Борьба с рвотой. Для этого чаще всего используется Церукал. Противорвотным действием также обладают препараты Пиридоксина (витамина В6) – например, Навидоксин. Neuroleptic and antihistamine injections can be used to relieve severe gagging.
- Stabilization of neurovegetative background, regulation of the central nervous system. When indomitable vomiting in the first days of treatment, potent substances (tranquilizers, some antipsychotics, anesthetics) can be used to quickly reduce the excitability of the main structures of the brain. Subsequently, it is recommended to take drugs on a plant-based, magnesium. The fact of hospitalization often has a stabilizing effect, which allows a protective regimen to be created for a pregnant woman. Psychotherapeutic and some physiotherapeutic methods are actively used (electric, color and light therapy, aromatherapy, acupuncture, massage of the neck and collar area and hands, darsonvalization, etc.).
In severe toxemia with the development of life-threatening and not amenable to at least partial correction within a day of conditions, the issue of termination of pregnancy for medical reasons. This measure is necessary in the development of acute yellow liver atrophy.
How to relieve toxicosis without medication
Drug therapy for toxicosis is still not a daily measure. With mild (and sometimes with moderate) vomiting of pregnant women, there are enough non-drug measures. These include diet, work and rest, a variety of folk remedies for toxemia. Some women in this period resort to the help of homeopaths.
Herbal infusions based on mint, chamomile, lemon balm, valerian, sage, rosehip, oregano, ginger are widely used. Some of them have a mild sedative effect, others help reduce the severity of the gag reflex. But do not forget that herbal medicine is potentially allergenic. In addition, without consultation with the doctor should avoid plants that can affect the tone of the uterus and blood clotting.
It helps against toxicosis during pregnancy and aromatherapy, despite the increased sensitivity of women to odors. To reduce the severity of nausea by inhalation of a small amount of essential oils of peppermint, lemon, anise, ginger oil. They are usually used not in pure (concentrated) form, but in a mixture with neutral base oil. For such inhalations, you can apply aroma lamps, aroma, or just put a few fragrant drops on a handkerchief.
How to eat
Nutrition in toxicosis is a very important aspect. Food should be taken fractional, which will avoid overeating and prolonged "hungry" intervals. Many women manage to cope with morning sickness with a light snack right after waking up, right in bed. Such a meal will increase the level of glucose in the blood, because the natural morning subhypoglycemia for a pregnant woman can be a factor inducing vomiting.
During the day, crackers, a slice of lemon, a teaspoon of honey, a small amount of sunflower seeds, cranberry juice can be used to reduce the symptoms of toxemia. The composition of such a snack is chosen individually, empirically.
Food during the period of toxemia should be easily digestible, appetizing looking, freshly prepared, with a minimum of artificial flavor and preservative additives. At the same time, it should provide the supply of essential nutrients and have adequate caloric content. It is advisable to abandon frying and deep-frying, the use of fatty sauces, smoked meats and factory sausages. Preference should be given to baked, boiled and stewed dishes, as well as fresh vegetables and fruits. Marinades and pickles are permissible to use in a limited way, if you have the appropriate taste preferences.
It is recommended to include in the menu products with a high content of well-digestible protein, vitamin B6, polyunsaturated fatty acids. But freshly baked bread, products made from yeast dough and high-grade flour, legumes should be abandoned - they can increase gas formation in the intestines, which will negatively affect the health of the pregnant woman.
When to wait for relief
How long does toxicosis last in pregnant women and at what time of gestation should the symptoms disappear? This question is one of the most frequent at the reception at the obstetrician-gynecologist. After all, nausea and other symptoms are very uncomfortable and may even disrupt the social life of a pregnant woman.
Toxicosis is characteristic of the first trimester of pregnancy, in most cases it begins to fade at 12-14 weeks of gestation. But sometimes its symptoms persist for some time (up to about 20 weeks), which is quite acceptable. Therefore, to refer to this condition, it is more correct to use the term “toxicosis of the first half of pregnancy”.
The disappearance of the symptoms is explained by physiological changes occurring from the 12th week of gestation. It is about the formation of the placenta. It not only forms a semi-permeable selective barrier between the blood of the mother and the fetus, but also performs an endocrine function. At the beginning of the first trimester, it begins to actively synthesize hCG and other hormones that were previously produced by the corpus luteum in the ovary. And at 14-16 weeks, this function completely goes to the placenta. The concentration of hCG in the blood of a woman gradually decreases, which explains the improvement in her well-being.
Therefore, at the beginning of the second trimester, toxicosis usually passes. Of course, this happens gradually, with a gradual depletion of symptoms and an improvement in the general well-being and activity of the pregnant woman.
Morning toxicosis is a fairly frequent occurrence of early periods of gestation. And in many cases it does not require the use of any drugs. As pregnancy progresses, its symptoms disappear, which usually allows a woman to fully enjoy the period of carrying a child.