About 5% of women (of all ages, but more often closer to the period of menopause, after 50 years) have polyps of the cervix or the body of the uterus. These outgrowths on the leg, in a shape similar to a mushroom, are dangerous to health. If they are found, they should be disposed of as soon as possible, especially at the age of 40-50 years old. Learn how to treat polyps in the uterus without surgery with traditional medicines - simple natural remedies.
What is dangerous polyp in the uterus after 50 years
What are the signs of polyps in the uterus? Basically, the disease proceeds without symptoms, often detected by chance. But when a polyp rapidly begins to grow or is injured, pronounced symptoms appear:
- With polyps on the cervix - pain during intercourse, minor contact bleeding, copious mucous discharge, discomfort, pain and feeling of a foreign body in the vagina.
- With polyps of the body of the uterus - bleeding before and after menstruation, extending its normal duration, back pain, lower abdomen.
Are polyps dangerous in the uterus? Although these are benign formations, they can threaten women's health. They are dangerous because:
- Lead to menstrual disorders. They interfere with reproductive function: they can cause complications during pregnancy and lead to infertility.
- When an infection gets into the uterus, the polyps contribute to the formation of chronic foci.
- Some may degenerate into a malignant tumor. Rebirth proceeds unnoticed, without specific symptoms.
If bleeding occurs during menopause, this may indicate the formation of tumors - you should immediately consult a doctor. After 50 years, women undergo hormonal changes associated with menopause, which promote the transformation of polyps into cancer. To avoid the risk of such situations, women over 50 need to undergo preventive examinations in time and immediately get rid of the detected polyps.
How to treat polyps in the uterus folk remedies
How to treat polyps in the uterus? In medical institutions, women (especially over 50 years old) are immediately offered surgery to remove. But after surgery, polyps can grow again. It is not a quick affair to treat illness with folk remedies, the process is troublesome, but it is an alternative to operations, after which in 50% of cases the growths appear again. The treatment will be more effective if you try:
- Avoid hypothermia.
- Do exercises, play sports.
- Eat right (consume a lot of vegetables and fruits, pumpkin seeds).
Traditional therapy has many recipes to combat the growths of the body and cervix. Such drugs do not cause adverse reactions, the use of the most effective in the initial stages of the disease, although the therapeutic effect is not immediately felt.
Folk remedies treatment of uterine polyps for oral administration
- When celandine blooms, pluck the plant with a root, rinse, dry, mince, squeeze the juice. Mix with vodka (1: 1), let it stand for 10 days (in the dark). Take 1 tsp. an hour before meals three times a day with water, 1 month.
- Brew 1 sec. l dry herb celandine 1 tbsp. boiling water. After cooling, strain, take first for 1 tsp. 3 times a day for 30 minutes before a meal and gradually bring a single dose of up to 3 tablespoons. 2 weeks of admission, 1 week of rest - so a few courses.
- Fill with 1 liter of boiling water for 1 s. l crushed pine needles, gently boil for 30 minutes. Then pour into a thermos, insist 3 hours. Drink half a glass before a meal for 1 month.
- Prepare the tincture: 50 g of gold whisker pour three glasses of vodka, shaking daily, insist 10 days. Reception in the morning on an empty stomach and at night according to the scheme: first day - 10 drops from 3 s. l water, then every day, increase the dose by one drop. Reaching up to 25 drops - one by one, reduce daily to 10. Then 1 week break. Spend 5 such courses.
- Brew 20 g of dry grass red brush 1 tbsp. boiling water, wrap. After half an hour, strain. Drink for 1 s. l before meals. Course 2 weeks.
- In 0.5 liters of vodka, add 50 grams of uterine pine forest, put in 14 days to infuse. Take 20 drops before meals three times a day. So 28 days. Or take a decoction of the plant: 1 s. l grass fill 1 tbsp. boiling water, infuse for 30 minutes. Dose - 100 ml twice a day before meals.
- As with gastric outgrowths, a good healing effect against polyps in the uterus is the use of hemlock tincture. The plant is poisonous, overdose is dangerous - be careful.
Treatment of polyps in the uterus with douching
When treating uterine polyps, apply a vaginal douching procedure with a rubber bulb. Syringe in the morning and at night 1 - 2 months. To do this, use the following decoctions and infusions (before proceeding):
- A tablespoon of celandine herb brew a glass of boiling water, let it brew for 2 to 3 hours.
- Pour into an enamel saucepan for 4 s. l oak bark, for 2 s. l herbs of yarrow, sage leaves and rosemary, pour 2.5 liters of hot water, boil for 30 minutes (quietly).
- Boil 10 g of pine uterus 1 tbsp. boiling water.
- 50 g of the collection of equal parts of pharmacy chamomile, oak bark, thyme and sage brew 1 liter of boiling water, leave for half an hour.
- 30 g of a mixture of yarrow flowers, calendula and oak bark pour half a liter of boiling water, cook on a quiet fire for 5 minutes.
Swabs for the treatment of polyps
Healing tampons are also an effective way to get rid of dangerous uterine growths using traditional remedies without surgery.
Bee honey and aloe juice
Mix 1 tsp. liquid honey and 1 tsp. aloe juice Dampen a gauze pad with the resulting mixture, enter into the vagina before bedtime. So 1 month.
Now you know how to treat polyps in the uterus with traditional methods, but do not make a decision to refuse the operation without consulting your doctor, as well as for serious reasons for surgical removal:
- with the development of infertility,
- if conservative treatment did not work,
- polyps are large
- there were signs of a polyp turning into cancer,
- acute symptoms (severe pain, bleeding) greatly reduce the quality of life.
Is it possible to cure?
In general, the fight against a polyp without surgical intervention is rather complicated and ineffective. Therefore, most often doctors choose observation or surgical intervention. Expectant tactics and observation are selected when the polyp is not growing too actively, is small and does not cause severe symptoms. Surgical treatment is chosen in almost all other cases.
Drug treatment of a uterus polyp can sometimes be effective because a polyp is a hormone-dependent neoplasm that develops with an excess of estrogen and progesterone deficiency. As a result, with the normalization of hormonal balance, growth can stop and even the degradation of the polyp begins. But this happens infrequently.
In addition, some types of polyps are not allowed to be treated in this way. We are talking about adenomatous neoplasms, which grow quite quickly and have a very high probability of transition to cancer (40%), so you cannot waste time in this case. They must be removed immediately.
Douching is carried out once or twice a day with the same compounds that can be impregnated with tampons. It is necessary, sitting on the container, to enter into the uterus medical solution with a syringe. Such topical administration does not cure uterine polyps, but it can theoretically reduce their growth rate and relieve inflammation.
Medical treatment is much more effective than traditional methods. But even it cannot guarantee the disappearance of a polyp and the absence of its recurrence. Because doctors rarely resort to this method, considering the most effective method of surgical removal of tumors. But if the formation is very small, severe symptoms and its active growth are absent, then treatment with different types of drugs can be prescribed. It is also carried out when the operation was performed - as an additional therapy and for the prevention of relapses and infections in the recovery period.
Polyp of the cervix can be eliminated by prescribing combined oral contraceptives (Janine, Regulon, Marvelon) or progestogens (Utrogestan, Duphaston, etc.). The first helps to normalize hormonal levels, the second - to increase the content of progesterone, which is able to suppress the pathological activity of estrogen.
Therapy is selected depending on what hormonal balance the patient has, and what kind of violations have arisen. Such therapy is usually prescribed for 2-3 months at first to track the dynamics of change. And if it turns out to be positive, then the therapy is continued, but if not, then they resort to surgical removal.
Also, these tools are used to normalize the hormonal balance and when the operation is shown. They are appointed before and after. This helps to avoid recurrence of the disease.
In a number of situations (however, quite rarely), these formations develop as a result of infections in a chronic course. Then remove the polyp without surgery, you can try using antibiotics. Different drugs are used for this, depending on what kind of infection caused the tumor. In case of cervicitis, adnexitis, ureaplasmosis, chlamydia, Azithromycin, Erythromycin are prescribed, Of gonorrhea and mycoplasmosis - Ofloxocin, Ciprofloxocin, in case of chlamydia - Tetracycline, Doxycycline, etc.
Also, broad-spectrum antibiotics are prescribed after surgery to avoid the addition of infection.
If the disease is caused by an infection, there will almost always be inflammation in the body. It is possible to cure such inflammation with the help of anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs. Usually, one of three means is used, having approximately the same principle of action:
- Diclofenac is applied 25 mg every 8 hours orally or 75 mg every 12 hours by injection into the muscle for 5 days,
- Ibuprofen - orally, 200-400 mg three times a day for five days,
- Ketoprofen - for five days, three times a day, 150 mg orally.
Such agents have anti-inflammatory effects, as well as antipyretic and analgesic. Therefore, they can not only treat polyps in the uterus, but also relieve the symptoms that occur when they occur.
This is an important part in the treatment of any gynecological disease. Such therapy enhances immunity, with the result that the tissues can independently suppress pathological cell division. In addition, it helps to normalize the rate of endometrial renewal, its regeneration and the ability to withstand co-infections.
How do vitamins, minerals and trace elements to pay special attention. These are zinc, iron, magnesium, vitamins of group B.
Candles from cervical polyps are ineffective, but can be used to relieve symptoms. "Chistobin", in fact, are a folk remedy. This drug on the basis of celandine helps relieve inflammation. "Viferon" - immunomodulatory suppositories that enhance the local immunity of tissues. Also in this form can be used many anti-inflammatory drugs that help relieve not only the inflammation itself, but also pain. An example is Indomethacin.
What is a polyp?
A uterine polyp is a growth on the endometrium, shaped like a bulb on a leg. At the beginning of their development, polyps have small sizes and are colored red, but over time, the size of the formation increases, and the color becomes bluish. Education can reach sizes up to 1 cm in width and 2 cm in length.
In addition to the uterus itself, polyps can also be formed on its neck. Polyps have a benign character, but a long-term lack of treatment can lead to the polyp becoming a form of uterine cancer.
In medicine, uterine polyp can be divided into 3 types:
- ferrous, i.e. consisting of glandular tissue - young women are exposed to it,
- glandular fibrous, i.e. consisting of a combination of glandular tissue and connective - occurs in mature women,
- fibrous, i.e. consisting of connective tissue - this type of polyp affects older women and women during menopause.
Causes of uterine polyp
Experts have identified a number of reasons that could entail the formation of uterine polyp. It:
- impaired ovarian function - it is believed that an excess of estrogen provokes the growth of polyps,
- impaired work of the adrenal glands, which leads to hormonal failure,
- deferred childbirth, abortion or miscarriage,
- diabetes, obesity, hypertension,
- use of intrauterine contraceptives,
- inflammation of the uterus or ovaries,
- infectious and chronic diseases,
- reduced immunity.
In addition to the above, a prolonged stress state in a woman plays an active role in the development of polyps.
Symptoms of uterine polyp
At their initial stage of development, polyps reach such small sizes that they are not capable of causing any discomfort to a woman. A woman can continue to live without even knowing that an education has arisen in the womb.
Continuing its development, the polyp is constantly increasing in size, over time, starting to cause a woman a number of inconveniences:
- frequent sharp pains in the lower abdomen,
- discharge interspersed with blood (or even bleeding), manifested during the absence of menstruation,
- sexual intercourse is accompanied by pain and bloody discharge
- the menstrual cycle undergoes changes, and the menses themselves become longer and more painful,
- significant bleeding can cause anemia in women, which is accompanied by general weakness and pallor,
- Attempts to conceive a child are most often unsuccessful.
Any of these symptoms is a significant reason for a woman to consult a specialist.
When viewed in the gynecological chair is not detectable polyp is impossible. However, in some cases, additional tests may be required to clarify the diagnosis. Timely access to a doctor will allow you to prescribe the right treatment in time and avoid possible negative consequences, including surgery to remove the uterus.
Treatment of uterine polyps
Even in the absence of painful sensations and other unpleasant symptoms accompanying the growth of polyps, treatment is required. Otherwise it threatens:
- the inability to conceive a child
- cancer of the uterus.
Medical treatment of the disease includes:
- drug treatment,
- surgical treatment.
During the surgical treatment of a polyp, a laser can be used to remove the formation - the most optimal result, since it does not leave endometrial injuries behind it, which prevents the possible recurrence of the formation of polyps.
Surgical treatment is carried out by cutting the polyp from the endometrium with a scalpel. With this method of treatment, a cut-off polyp can be taken for additional examination to diagnose the cause and nature of its occurrence.
Treatment with the use of medications is rare, as it often does not bring any results. If the patient strictly refuses the operation, then special medications are prescribed:
- complex oral contraceptives - these drugs are usually prescribed to women with the possibility of childbearing under the age of 35 years or adolescent girls with non-permanent menstrual cycle. Bleeding in girls with polyps in the uterus can be stopped with the help of COC, which makes it possible not to apply the curettage procedure. But if the bleeding did not stop and the pain in the lower part did not go away, then it would be impossible to do without surgical intervention,
- progestin treatment - This means the active substance in which the female hormone progesterone. Duphaston appointed in phase 2 of menstruation. Such treatment is usually carried out within 3-6 months. Progestins normalize the endocrine system,
- gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists - the most popular type of drugs in the treatment of uterine hyperplasia. Most often, these drugs are prescribed to women from 35 years. The course of treatment is 3-6 months,
- antibacterial drugs - if the formation of polyps contributed to chronic bacterial disease, then first of all it is necessary to send treatment to eliminate it. Based on the analyzes of microflora, the necessary preparations are prescribed.
Additionally, vitamin complexes can be prescribed. Especially important are vitamins of group B, iron ions, which help the body with a large loss of blood.
При появлении симптомов анемии назначаются железозаместительная терапия. Может назначаться курс физиотерапевтических процедур, а также седативные препараты, вроде настойки валерианы или пустырника.
In order to keep the development of the disease under control, it is necessary to regularly conduct an ultrasound examination. If a positive result from medication is not observed, it is recommended to resort to the help of a surgeon.
Treatment of uterine polyp folk remedies
The use of traditional medicine is possible only in the early stages of the onset of education.
Good effect in the treatment of polyps have:
- broth celandine. Broth celandine can be taken inside, and can be used for douching. For its preparation it is necessary to fill in a jar with fresh sprouts of celandine with boiling water and leave for 12 hours. The resulting broth is used 3 times a day, 100 ml for 2 weeks,
- nettle solution with lingonberry berries and hips. Nettle decoction is taken orally 2 times a day, 250 ml. For its preparation 2 tablespoons of lingonberries and 3 tablespoons of nettle and wild rose are mixed into a single mass. From the mixture, 4 tablespoons pour a glass of boiling water and incubated for 4 hours in a closed container,
- garlic compress. A slice of garlic is chopped into small particles wrapped in 2 layers of gauze and injected deep into the vagina at night. This procedure is allowed for a month
- pumpkin seed yolk mixture. A mixture of yolks and seeds is taken in a teaspoon on an empty stomach for 5 days. To prepare, you need to wipe 7 hard-boiled yolks and mix with ground pumpkin seeds. In the resulting mass, add 2 cups of sunflower oil and put all this in a water bath for 30 minutes. The cooled mass is ready to eat.
It is worth remembering that even though folk treatment is not contraindicated, nevertheless, in the first place, it should be followed by what the doctor recommends.
Types of pathology
Polyps classified on a structure, localization and on cellular structure:
- glandular polyp consists of a stroma, which includes a large number of glandular cellular structures,
- glandular fibrous polyp consists of a variety of deformed endocrine glands, in which there are cystic gaps. Such a neoplasm is more common in women of reproductive age, with the leg of a polyp formed from fibrous tissue, therefore the formation is quite dense. As for the vessels, they are located around the perimeter of the neoplasm in a chaotic manner,
- fibrous polyp consists of connective tissue cells. The glands that are present in the polyp are not functional, the vessels are thick-walled and sclerotic,
- adenomatous polyp has various cellular structures, including atypical. The leg of such a polyp consists of a large number of vessels. This neoplasm has a high risk of transformation into a malignant tumor. Most often, such a polyp occurs on the background of hormonal changes or with frequent inflammatory processes in the genitals.
How realistic is it to cure without surgery?
I must say that the struggle with the polyp without surgical intervention not very effective and quite complicated. That is why most often doctors recommend removing a polyp with an operation.
However, in some cases waiting tacticwhich is expedient if the polyp grows slowly, is small and is not accompanied by severe symptoms. In all other cases, it is necessary to urgently remove the tumor by surgery.
Sometimes, medication can take place. This applies to polyps that are hormone-dependent and develop due to an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone. When normalizing the hormonal background, the growth of a neoplasm is stopped, and even its degradation can begin. But, unfortunately, this phenomenon is observed quite rarely.
Some types of polyps are treated with drugs or folk remedies and it is extremely dangerous. We are talking about adenomatous education which has a high growth rate and a high probability of transformation into a malignant tumor. In this case, losing time to experiment with conservative methods can be very dangerous.
If the situation is not critical, the doctor may recommend conservative or unconventional treatment of the polyp in the uterus, however, in this case, monitoring the dynamics of the process should be mandatory.
Homeopathy and dietary supplements
Homeopathy treats polyps with the same substances that provoked their formation. These drugs should be taken in meager amounts. For a long time, this type of treatment was not recognized by official medicine, but at present, some medicines already have the status of traditional ones.
The basic principle of homeopathic therapy is an individual approach to each patient.. If the drug is chosen correctly and in the right dosage, the polyp can be cured completely, and also no recurrence can be achieved. The list of homeopathic drugs for the elimination of polyps is very long, so a specialist can select the most effective treatment for a particular patient.
As for dietary supplements, they are also preferably used in combination with traditional methods of treatment.
However, if the patient decides to use a dietary supplement or homeopathic remedy to eliminate the polyp, she must inform the attending physician about this. This is necessary in order for the doctor to carry out the adjustment of the prescribed traditional drugs, as it may be necessary to reduce the dose.
It is impossible to give an exact answer to the question whether such treatment is effective or not, since it depends on a large number of factors — such as a polyp, its size, the general condition of the woman, comorbidities, and so on.
We can only say that the responses of patients about the treatment of polyps by dietary supplements or homeopathy are both positive and negative.
The formation of uterine polyp depends on the growth of the endometrium. This mucous membrane consists of several layers, one of which is updated monthly. The build-ups on the functional layer are called polyps.
Neoplasms can be of different sizes and shapes. The structure of the tissues of a polyp differs in histological features, although outwardly they may have a similar appearance. More often growths on a leg meet, but can be and on the dense basis.
Simultaneously with the growth of the endometrium in the uterus, the polyp continues to grow. This process is controlled by estrogen, which is predominant in the woman’s body in the first half of the cycle.
A cervical polyp located in the cervical canal also requires treatment. Some varieties of such growths can become malignant, so it is important to correctly identify the pathology and determine its type.
Education can be single and multiple. When there are a lot of them, they are diagnosed with polyposis.
Symptoms of the disease
Often, the formation of endometrial polyps is asymptomatic. While the growths are small, the woman does not feel any discomfort at all. Changes in well-being can occur if, in addition to polyps, there is a concomitant disease in the gynecological area.
As the pathology progresses, polyposis causes more tangible signs. It is important to visit the doctor, and not to try to diagnose yourself, because the symptoms resemble many other diseases. A woman may notice:
- non-monthly blood discharge,
- long periods of abundant nature
- brown daub after intercourse,
- pain during sex
- pain in the abdomen,
- leucorrhoea from the vagina.
On the background of long and heavy bleeding, a clinical picture of anemia develops. Women complain of dizziness, general weakness, pallor of the skin. However, most often these symptoms are attributed to fatigue, hard work and the individual characteristics of the body.
Pain during sexual intercourse most often occurs in neoplasms of a large size or in cases where a polyp has formed in the cervix. Cervical location in most cases leads to injury, causing discomfort and a selection of blood on the background of damage to the blood vessel growth.
Often, uterine polyposis is diagnosed by chance during a routine visit to the gynecologist. That is why every woman should understand that regular inspection is the key to maintaining health.
The causes of the pathology
The reasons for the growth of neoplasms in the uterus or on the cervix are not reliably known. Based on long-term studies, physicians were able to identify several predisposing factors.
The proliferation of a polyp, which many are trying to cure folk remedies, may be due to such reasons as:
- inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system,
- genital infections,
- hormonal failure,
- the appearance of endometriosis,
- injuries (for example, at birth or abortion),
- autoimmune diseases
- endocrine disorders, including diabetes,
- vascular disease, in which there is a tendency to their growth,
- genetic predisposition
- metabolic disorders.
The development of pathology may begin as a result of the use of incorrectly selected hormonal drugs. Since after the age of 40–45 years large-scale hormonal changes occur in the woman’s body, polyposis most often develops during this period. Hypertension and diabetes are predisposing factors.
Complications without treatment
Although polyps in the uterus for a long time may not cause any discomfort to the woman, this pathology is a danger to health and life. The risk is associated with the tendency of some forms of growths to malignancy, as well as a violation of the normal function of the uterus.
Growing a polyp without adequate treatment can lead to such adverse effects as:
- infertility and pathologies of pregnancy,
- malignant rebirth,
- inclination to infectious diseases.
Polyps can grow and grow in size. When a tumor in the uterus is large, it interferes with the process of fertilization and subsequent implantation.
If the polyp occupies most of the endometrium, the fertilized egg may not find a suitable place for implantation, and a miscarriage occurs at an early stage.
If the pregnancy has nevertheless occurred, there remains a high risk of spontaneous interruption, since the growing fetus requires more and more space, which is occupied by a polyp. Due to the formation of the uterus may not be so extensible.
The probability of premature detachment of the placenta increases. When this temporary organ loosely adheres to the walls of the uterus, the nutrition of the growing fetus becomes weaker, hypoxia occurs, which can also lead to miscarriage or severe congenital disorders.
Bleeding is an unpleasant symptom that can impair a woman’s quality of life. In severe cases, death is possible.
As the tumor grows, new blood vessels may appear. When they are damaged or during menstruation, a large number of bonds break, which leads to heavy bleeding.
Uterine bleeding can sometimes be diagnosed only for the symptoms of anemia, and in general, women often do not pay attention to the presence of blood in the urine.
The risk of developing cancer is low, but with some types of polyps is significant. The most likely degeneration in adenomatous type neoplasms. In 1.5% of cases, a malignant process develops. Bleeding becomes even more abundant.
Determine the type of neoplasm is possible only by histological examination. Hormonal failure and endocrine diseases increase the risk of the onset of the process of malignancy.
Normally, a healthy woman in the uterine cavity contains factors that protect her body from infection. It creates a sterile environment. However, polyps constructed from connective tissue lack such protection. Pathogens infiltrating them create a hotbed of constant inflammatory process. Women are diagnosed with inflammation of the appendages, ovaries and fallopian tubes.
Endometrial polyp can be treated with drugs, if there is no risk of malignancy process, and the pathology is at an early stage. Properly selected drugs can stop the growth and increase in tumors in size. With this therapy, the doctor seeks to eliminate symptoms and alleviate the condition of the woman.
Treatment may include the use of such agents as:
- hormonal oral contraceptives,
- polyp candles
- iron preparations
The doctor may recommend douching with some medicinal formulations. Such therapy cannot be used without the appointment of a gynecologist, since not all polyps have a valid procedure.
Homeopathic uterine therapy is applicable if prescribed by a doctor. It is not the main method, it is used only as an auxiliary measure. Self-medication can be dangerous, although these drugs do not cause adverse reactions and allergies.
If a bacterial infection has joined the process, the doctor will prescribe the use of antibiotics. Drug selection and dosage determination should not be carried out independently. Such medications are also used for sexually transmitted infections.
More serious procedures, including the removal of a uterine polyp, are performed under the control of a hysteroscope. Through the cervical canal, it is introduced into the uterine cavity. Thanks to the video camera, the doctor can carefully examine the condition of the tissues and the nature of the growths, take a biopsy or remove a neoplasm.
Many women want to cure uterine polyp without surgery, at home, using simple folk remedies. Most often, surgical treatment is considered the most effective. You can use gentle methods in the following cases:
- the pathology has not progressed too much and there is no risk of severe bleeding,
- There is no associated infection and no need for antibiotic use.
- There is no strong hormonal failure.
If the pathology of the uterus is caused by an unstable hormonal background, the doctor will select an oral contraceptive that can be combined with folk remedies. In addition to these methods, physiotherapy can be applied. Gradually, the endometrial tissue will return to normal, and the polyp will begin to regress.
Polyp uterus without surgery
The question: “How to treat polyps in the uterus without surgery?” Is quite relevant for women. This pathology is very common, and the complications of polyposis are very serious. In the first place it is infertility.
It is possible to get rid of a uterine polyp without surgery only if the tumor has insignificant size. Therefore, in case of polyps, early diagnosis is important. Small polyps can be treated with conservative treatments. With extensive growths, they can only be removed surgically.
Symptoms and causes of uterine polyp
The uterus polyp is a benign proliferation of the mucous layer of the uterine cavity. The pathology is manifested by the following symptoms:
- bleeding between menstruation,
- bloody mucus after intercourse,
- white opaque selection
- pain or discomfort during intercourse,
- profusion and irregular menstruation,
- no pregnancy for 1 year.
These symptoms are accompanied by a polyp in the uterus. Treatment without surgery involves taking hormonal drugs. But medications must be prescribed by a gynecologist, who has the results of tests.
Various factors can provoke the occurrence of polyps:
- endocrine pathologies,
- any surgery on the uterus that causes endometrial injury,
- hypertonic disease,
- genetic predisposition
- excess weight,
- varicose veins, poor circulation in the limbs,
- taking tamoxifen.
Can uterine polyp be cured without surgery? Treatment without surgery can be inexpensive, safe and effective. For women planning a pregnancy is very important. Properly selected hormonal drugs ensure the normal functioning of the ovaries, control the level of the female hormone, which ultimately leads to the destruction of the polyp. If a bacterial infection is detected, the woman is shown antibacterial therapy.
After the diagnosis, which consists of ultrasound and microbiological examination of vaginal discharge, the doctor prescribes the following drugs to the patient:
Young women are prescribed the following hormonal contraceptives:
Other drugs are shown to women after 35 years of age:
They must be taken strictly according to the scheme drawn up by the attending physician.
The best folk recipes and remedies for the treatment of polyps in the uterus
Endometrium pours in the uterus are neoplasms of a benign nature that occur on the surface of the endometrium that covers the uterine mucous membrane. The causes of pathology are quite different, so no woman is immune from the disease. Therefore, the main thing in time to detect the problem and begin to treat it. Treatment of folk remedies to accelerate recovery and perhaps you will do without surgery.
Endometrial polyps in the uterus: treatment of folk remedies without surgery
In fact, natural sources (herbs, minerals, bee products and plants) have some contraindications, but at the same time they are healthier and safer. К примеру, если сравнивать с медикаментами, которые непредсказуемы по отношению к побочным реакциям.
Therefore, if it is still possible to try to treat endometrial polyps in the uterus, folk remedies should be tried, and if the samples fail to remove the polyp with the help of surgical intervention.
There are many recipes for the treatment of endometrial polyps in the uterus using traditional methods without surgery. You can make special teas and infusions for drinking. Also do douching and introduce tampons soaked in a medical mixture.
Traditional methods of treatment can be applied in combination with drugs that have homeopathic properties and with medical therapy. Healing herbs have a much smaller percentage of adverse reactions than pharmaceutical drugs.
Of course, the effect of folk treatment will have to wait longer than from traditional medicines, and if you choose the recipe for the wrong result on your own it may not be possible at all.
Therefore, folk methods are not recommended to use uncontrolled, if endometrial polyps in the uterus must be removed by surgery or an individual course of conservative treatment.
In that case, if the polyps are not large in size and the woman does not develop bleeding, you can use folk remedies.
Folk treatment: red brush and boron uterus
Do not forget about such effective female herbs as boron uterus and red brush. They are used in traditional medicine to treat many gynecological problems in women and are famous for their effectiveness.
These plants are considered natural sources of estrogen. For the treatment of endometrial polyp of the uterus is used alcohol and water infusion.
Recipe tincture on vodka:
- we take 30 g of dried grass of the uterine boron and pour 300 ml of vodka,
- pour in a thermos, close, insist 30 days,
- take 1 tsp. 3 times a day before taking the main meal, the medicine must be diluted with water,
- treatment is 30 days.
Acceptance of this infusion can be alternated with treatment with a red brush.
Red Brush Infusion:
- take 20 g of dry grass pour 1 faceted glass of boiling water,
- wrap in a terry towel and insist, strain before use 2 times,
- take 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. l before the main meal.
Universal means for oral administration
Polyps can be treated using herbal teas for drinking, there are a lot of them. The main thing is to choose the right herbs for the treatment of pathology to be effective.
Universal healing decoction:
- 2 dl. cowberries,
- 3 dl. dried finely chopped nettle,
- 3 dl. rosehips, crushed.
All components need to be mixed and pour 1 cup boiling water. Insist 4 hours in a dark place. Take 2 times a day for 250 ml.
- you need to take 3 parts of viburnum bark,
- root of angelica, pine-wood uterus, silverweed in 2 parts,
- 1 part nettle, cinnamon and cumin.
Two dessert spoons of the mixture pour 0.5 liters of boiling water. Put in a water bath, stand for about half an hour. Then strain 2 times and carefully squeeze the flesh. Be sure to take before meals for 30 minutes, 4 times a day.
Attention! This broth to drink only from the second phase of the menstrual cycle. During prolonged discharge, this recipe has proven to be the best. The course of treatment is not more than 3 months.
Effective tincture based on gold whiskers:
Golden mustache grind finely-finely and pour vodka. Insist in a dark place for 10 days. Take 2 times a day, add 15 drops of the mixture to the water. Treatment should last about 1 month, then you need to take a break for 2 weeks. It is possible to completely get rid of endometrial polyps in the uterus after 5 courses of therapy.
Treatment of folk remedies: effective products
Celandine, is considered a fairly effective plant for the treatment of various tumors. Treatment of endometrial polyps in the uterus should be by douching or oral administration.
- take fresh grass, select the best and chop,
- take a 2 liter thermos and put the raw materials there,
- pour boiling water and insist in a dark place for 14 days,
- After that, strain 2 times, pour into a glass container and store in the refrigerator.
Treatment regimen using celandine: the first 7 days drink half tsp. in the morning on an empty stomach. On day 8 and the following week a full teaspoon. Then one dining room. The next 7 days of the week are 2 tablespoons. After the course, decrease in the reverse order after the end of treatment.
Also another effective treatment of endometrial polyps with folk remedies is the product of beekeeping propolis. It can be used externally and internally. In the morning on an empty stomach you need to chew a small piece. At night, insert a tampon: Dilute 5 g of propolis in 100 ml of boiling water, moisten the tampon in the mixture and inject it deeply into the vagina.
Pumpkin seeds for the treatment of pathology. It is necessary to take 7 boiled boiled Chicken yolks, fresh sunflower seeds and 2 cups of vegetable oil. Seeds need to be finely chopped and mixed with yolks. Then add butter and stir to make a thick gruel. Then put the mass in a water bath for half an hour. Take 1 tsp. for 5 days on an empty stomach. Repeat the course until complete recovery. Store the medical mixture in a sealed package in the refrigerator.
Douching can be done with herbal decoctions based on the bark of oak, sage, yarrow and rosemary. Sprinkle every day. Nettles, oak bark, chamomile and knotweed can also be used. From shiitake mushroom dry powder, douching can be done in the morning and at bedtime for 10 days.
For the treatment of polyps using vaginal swabs with onions and garlic. Garlic is easy to grate, and onions need to bake in the oven. Putting medical tampons need for 7 days, then take a break for 2 weeks. The duration of therapy is 3 courses. To enhance the healing properties of onions in the gruel, you can add soap, ground on a grater.
It is possible to treat polyps with the help of folk remedies after prior consultation with a doctor who correctly prescribes a prescription. And also, if there is no need to conduct an operation. Perhaps you are one of those who can avoid surgical treatment.
How to identify and treat polyps in the uterus
Since the tumors in the uterus are benign, they are not life threatening. However, they sometimes turn into malignant tumors. Polyps in the uterus, the symptoms and treatment of which can only be determined by a gynecologist, are found in women of different ages. Regardless of whether the neoplasms cause discomfort or not, specialists recommend removing them surgically or using conservative drug therapy.
What are polyps in the uterus
This is a benign growth that occurs in the uterine cavity, as a result of the growth of the endometrial mucosa (organ membrane). Polyp often has the appearance of a small process, but is able to reach 2-3 centimeters. In the female body can develop 2 types of formations: cervical polyp and her body. As a rule, at an early stage of development, such growths are treated at home, but with a late diagnosis of the pathology can not do without surgery.
A polyp of the body of the uterus or cervix of the female organ may occur in a single amount or in groups of several formations. They look like yellowish or dark purple small cylinders with a porous structure. Blood vessels are visible through their thin membrane. Gynecology divides the polyps in the uterus into three varieties that have characteristic differences. These include:
- Fibrous. Appear as a result of hyperplasia (growth) of the connective tissues of the body. As a rule, they develop in parallel with another type of neoplasm.
- Ferruginous. More common in young than mature women. Expand from tissue glands.
- Adenomatous. The formation of polyps is accompanied by the formation of adenomas. This type is considered the most dangerous, since adenomatous growths often stop in malignant tumors.
In the period of menopause, any bleeding, regardless of their number and frequency, is an alarming bell, because they can talk about the development of cancer of the uterus or hyperplasia. If a similar symptom is observed in a woman older than 40-50 years, who for a long time has not had a period, you should immediately visit the gynecologist's office. Symptoms of uterine polyps are:
- lower abdominal pain (with large polyps),
- irregular periods,
- whitish discharge between menstruation,
- bleeding during the absence of menstruation,
- heavy bleeding during menstruation.
Reasons for education
One of the common causes of polyposis is hormonal disruption in the female body. Less commonly, tumors result from chronic genital infections. As a rule, polyps in the cervix, the symptoms and treatment of which are of an individual nature, are diagnosed in women over 40 years old, but pathology can also develop in young girls. More rare causes of the disease are:
- traumatized uterine cervix (polyps in the uterus after curettage, abortions, prolonged wearing of the helix),
- endocrine diseases (obesity, diabetes, thyroid abnormalities, hypertension),
- suppressed immunity
- severe depression and stress,
- incomplete removal of the placenta after abortion,
- inflammation of the appendages, infections in the genitals.
Removal of uterine polyp and hysteroscopy
To diagnose uterine polyposis, doctors do an ultrasound scan, metrography and hysteroscopy. Through these procedures, the specialist determines the state of education, its size and location. If the growths are accompanied by inflammations so that the polyps disappear, you only need to remove the source of infection. With the help of a hysteroscope, the gynecologist can remove even large neoplasms, minimizing the risk of complications.
As a rule, treatment of the uterus for polyposis is carried out through surgical intervention. The doctor conducts scraping by inserting an endoscope through the vagina, which allows you to see the uterine cavity on a computer monitor. Polypectomy plays an important role in the treatment of neoplasms. The procedure not only helps to determine the characteristics of polyps, but also implies the ability to conduct their surgical treatment. Removal of a polyp in the uterus with a laser ensures complete disposal of the formations, it is carried out in the first phase of the cycle.
Scraping a polyp in the uterus can have negative effects:
- high temperature
- lower abdominal pain
- severe bleeding
- perforation of the uterus (puncture of the organ wall),
- inflammation of the female organs.
Treatment without surgery
If the patient refuses surgery, the gynecologist may prescribe a drug treatment for endometrial polyposis. In addition to hormonal and other drugs, women are prescribed a vitamin-mineral complex. Of great importance for the treatment of uterine formations are vitamins of group B (iron ions), which help to compensate for blood loss. To suppress the process of growth of the endometrium, the patient can prescribe drugs such groups:
- Progestin The active substance of these drugs is progesterone, the female sex hormone. Reception of gestagens is prescribed for the second phase of the cycle, treatment lasts from 3 months to six months. This group of funds include “Utrozhestan” and “Duphaston”.
- Combined oral contraceptives. Prescribed therapy to women no older than 35 years. The maximum effect of COC is manifested in the treatment of glandular or glandular-cystic polyposis. Preparations are used in the development of uterine bleeding and eliminate the need for curettage. The course of treatment is about 3 weeks. The group includes "Norgestimate", "Gestoden".
- Antibacterial therapy. If polyposis has occurred on the background of a chronic infectious disease, antibacterial agents are prescribed for its treatment. The gynecologist may prescribe "Erythromycin", "Ofloxacin", "Tetracycline".
- Agonists. It is considered the most effective in the treatment of uterine cervical hyperplasia. They are assigned to women from 35 years who have menopause. The course of treatment lasts 3-6 months. This group of drugs include "Zoladex", "Supercourse".
In addition to medication, treatment of folk remedies of uterine polyposis is practiced:
- Herbal tea for internal use. In the ground state mixed 3 tsp. rosehips, 2 tsp. nettle leaves, 1 tsp. black currant berries. One tablespoon of the mixture is brewed in 2 cups of boiling water and infused for an hour. After that, the liquid is drained and gradually drink in a day. The course of treatment lasts 2 months.
- Decoction of herbs for douching. Grind 4 tbsp. l oak bark and 2 tbsp. l yarrow, rosemary leaves and sage. The components are thoroughly mixed in an enamel saucepan, poured 2.5 liters of boiling water and brought to a boil. When the broth is boiled for half an hour, it can be drained. Douching procedure is carried out daily for 2-3 weeks.
Video: how to treat a polyp in the uterus
What to do if uterine polyposis is diagnosed? When small polyps are found in the body of the uterus, the symptoms and treatment of which is determined by the doctor, there is no reason to panic. Often, treatment of small formations does not require surgeries and hormone treatments. However, a prerequisite for therapy is the observation of a physician, which involves regular check-ups. After watching the video, you will learn what methods of treatment of polyposis exist.
Polyp Removal Reviews
Evgenia, 42 years old: I found growths on the body of the uterus, refused to do the operation. I decided to first try the folk methods. She took the grass "red brush" (four-year radio), brewing according to the instructions. Additionally, she took the dietary supplement Oleksin. The last ultrasound showed that there are no formations.
Anna, 28 years old: When I was diagnosed, I decided to search the Internet for what polyposis is. Photos looked terrible, I was scared and decided to remove the formation of the laser. The operation was successful and painless, but I had to pay a lot because I did it in a private clinic.
Nonna, 55 years old: I recently discovered a polyp in the uterus, I refused an operation and within a month I tried to recover with the help of folk remedies. Nothing happened, so I decided on a hormonal drug treatment. The doctor said that there is already improvement.
Types of polyps
There are several types of polyps:
- Glandular - include endometrial glandular tissue,
- Fibrous - formed from connective tissue mixed with glandular,
- Glandular - fibrous - mixed type of neoplasms,
- Adenomatous - threatening to develop into malignant.
All pathological formations require treatment. If it is not carried out, there may be dangerous symptoms that threaten the woman’s health.
Neoplasms in the form of polyps may not manifest themselves for a long time, and infertility complaints may lead a woman to a doctor. This is where the secret opens with the formation of polyps. Large lesions may cause visible symptoms:
- Copious, painful periods,
- Bleeding during menopause,
- Lower abdomen
- Pain during sexual contact.
Since the symptoms of the disease are similar to other pathological processes in the body of a woman, an additional examination is necessarily carried out: ultrasound, hysteroscopy, metrography, diagnostic curettage.
Types of treatment
Denoting the disease, the doctor performs an operation for tissue sampling for histological examination. After receiving the results, the gynecologist decides on further actions.
Depending on the size of the polyps, on the presence of comorbidities, on the symptoms accompanying the disease, treatment can be conservative, surgical and mixed (with hormone therapy and the appointment of anti-inflammatory drugs after surgery).
Sometimes the uterine polyp can pass on its own, but you should not count on it. As a rule, polyps are removed during surgery. The most popular curettage, which is carried out with the help of an endoscope inserted through the vagina. Thus, you can see the entire uterine cavity on a computer monitor. This modern way you can accurately and completely get rid of tumors. Adenomatous polyps are removed along with the uterus.
Endometrial polyp treatment without surgerycan be performed if the neoplasms are not large, if the symptoms of the pathology are not pronounced, and also, if polyps are glandular or glandular - cystic in nature.
In the treatment of fibrous polyps, antibacterial therapy is used, as well as analgesic and antispasmodic suppositories.
In addition to hormonal drugs, be sure to prescribe more vitamins of group B, which are indispensable for large blood loss. In addition, to suppress the growth of the endometrium, patients are prescribed:
- Progestin Preparations containing gestagen contain progesterone, which is so necessary for every woman. The main of them are "Proszhestan", "Duphaston". Effective treatment can last up to six months, and is aimed at restoring endocrine activity,
- Combined oral contraceptives. They are not replaceable with uterine bleeding, they replace gynecological curettage. Not assigned to women over 35 years old. The most common "Norgestimate", "Gestogen." Действие препаратов направлено на остановку кровотечений и нормализацию месячных,
- Антибиотики. Они назначаются, если полипы в матке возникли на фоне бактериальной инфекции. Могут быть назначены «Тетрациклин», «Эритромицин»,
- Агонисты. Они не заменимы при гиперплазии маточной шейки. Suitable for women over 35 years old. The most famous "Zoladex", "Supercourse"
- Iron based preparations
- Vitamin complexes.
Treatment of polyps in the uterus without surgerynot always effective, possible relapses of the disease. Therefore, observation by a gynecologist after treatment is necessary.
Traditional medicine offers its own treatment options for uterine polyps without surgery. It is carried out internally (by taking decoctions, tinctures) and externally (by syringing):
For internal reception, you can use the following recipes:
- Infusion of wild rose herbs, nettle, black currant berries. A tablespoon of the mixture is brewed in two glasses of boiling water, infused for about an hour. The day you need to drink the mixture, and the whole course of treatment is two months,
- Tincture golden mustache. The branches of the plant insist on alcohol or vodka for 10 days. Consume 20 drops twice a day for 30 days in a row. After 10 days break, the course is repeated. During this time, the immunity is strengthened, the work of the glands responsible for the production of hormones is normalized.
The following set of tools will suit for douching:
- A mixture of oak bark, yarrow, rosemary leaves and sage. Syringed a decoction of herbs for two weeks,
- Tincture of rotokan, propolis, calendula. For a single douche need 1 tsp. tincture per 100 ml of water. Tinctures alternate every 10 days. In this way, inflammation disappears, and the process of endometrium development decreases.
The red brush and boron uterus are famous for their healing properties in gynecological diseases. They are a source of estrogen in its natural form. In the treatment of polyps fit both alcohol and water infusions.
Celandine can also actively treat polyps in the uterus. It is used both for ingestion and douching. Clean grass brewed in a thermos and insist in a dark place for 14 days. Then apply 2 tablespoons.
Effective treatment is the use of propolis. A small piece is chewed on an empty stomach, and also tampons of propolis diluted in boiling water can be placed at night.
In today's treatment, Chinese tampons based on widely spectral herbal ingredients are often used. Their use provides for the complete restoration of hormonal balance, elimination of infectious processes, destruction of polypous formations.
In the treatment of pathology are actively using hirudotherapy and therapeutic methods:
- Laser treatment,
- Magnetic therapy
- Ultrasound exposure.
And yet it must be remembered that it will not be possible to do without an operation if:
- The hormone treatment did not produce the desired effect.
- The patient is over 40 years old
- Polyp has grown more than 1 cm
- Detected cell alteration.
The formation of polyps in the uterus does not threaten the life of a woman, however, long neglect of the disease can cause cancer. For this reason, treatment should be timely and of high quality.
Prevention of polyps
To protect yourself completely from the appearance of polyps in the uterus is unlikely to succeed. However, a number of preventive measures will help to distance this disease from itself or to completely protect itself from it:
- Active lifestyle, regular exercise,
- Orderly sex life
- Avoiding hypothermia
- Be careful in choosing contraceptive drugs, consult with your doctor.
Regular visits to the doctor as a preventive measure are the key to the health of any woman.
Herbal and Plant Healing
The use of herbal herbs allows you to cope with the polyposis with the least harm to other body systems. Side effects are rare, although there is a risk of an allergic reaction to various components.
It is necessary to carry out procedures for a long time and regularly. This treatment will take more time than taking hormonal drugs, but the benefits to the body and effectiveness will be higher.
Use of celandine
The tool is used inside and for douching. Celandine with uterine polyps is prepared as follows: chop a glass of raw materials and pour boiling water, warm, insist 10 hours, drain. Store need in the refrigerator.
Treatment lasts 2 months. During the first week, you need to take 0.5 teaspoons, in the second week the dose doubles, in the third - one tablespoonful, in the fourth - two each. From the following weeks, the dosage is gradually reduced. If the polyp does not disappear completely, but only diminished, the treatment should be repeated.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage. It is possible to use at the same time means for syringing.
Use of boron uterus
Borovaya uterus with polyps is another effective remedy. Compositions with this plant are best used inside. To prepare homemade medicine you need:
- brew a tablespoon of dry herbs and insist 30 minutes,
- filter and divide into 2 steps.
In the morning and in the evening you should drink 0.5 glass. The duration of treatment is agreed with the doctor.
This herb is used topically. Infusions of wormwood are used in the form of a tampon and for douching. Procedures should be regular, only then you can see the effectiveness.
You can prepare the composition as follows:
- a spoonful of crushed raw material is poured with a glass of boiling water,
- 10 minutes infused.
It is applied twice a day. If there was sexual intercourse, then douching should be done.
Tinctures on berries and root vegetables
Therapeutic compositions can be prepared using the following berries:
Several spoons of raw materials are poured with boiling water, boiled for 10–15 minutes, and then taken inside. Duration of use - a month. Every day should be 4 doses of tincture.
Polyp in the uterus can be eliminated with the help of root vegetables. Onions and garlic have a beneficial effect.
Medium sized onions need to be baked in the oven, then wrap with a bandage and put into the vagina overnight. Procedures are carried out every day for a month.
Tampons with chopped garlic - a method to get rid of polyps in just 10 days. To reduce discomfort and burning, you can add a few drops of olive oil.
Treatment method with mummy
With the growth of polyps to cope with the pathology without surgery, you can use a mummy. Means is used topically, in the form of lotions or inside.
Eliminate polyposis without surgery can be as follows:
- take 500 mg of mummy daily on an empty stomach,
- put tampons with a solution (at the rate of 250 mg per 100 ml of water) in the vagina.
The treatment lasts a month, after which you need a diagnosis. The effectiveness of the method is proven in practice.
It is important to remember that any treatment method can cause an individual unpredictable reaction. To avoid complications, you should consider the following points:
- if there is bleeding, you need to stop treatment,
- a delay may indicate pregnancy, during which most methods are prohibited,
- frequent douching can lead to disruption of the vaginal microflora and dysbiosis,
- dosing during menstruation should not be carried out.
To avoid adverse reactions, before any treatment is better to consult a doctor. At the time of menstruation therapy is better to stop.
In conjunction with drug treatment, it is important to eat right, to comply with sleep and wakefulness. It is also necessary to take a complex of vitamins and minerals during the entire period of treatment. Endometrial hyperplasia can cause anemia. Therefore, it is important to follow a diet with the consumption of iron-containing foods and B vitamins and iron ions.
For the entire period of therapy, which can be six months, it is important to regularly undergo an examination by a gynecologist and conduct an ultrasound examination to monitor the condition of the uterine cavity.
In most cases, treatment with medical leeches in combination with other methods of traditional medicine can relieve the female genital diseases. The therapeutic effect is provided by biologically active substances that are in her saliva. Getting into the blood, they act on the entire body. Some substances inhibit blood clotting, others dissolve blood clots and connective and muscle tissue, which are formed unnecessarily.
In addition, as a result of this influence, the blood is more actively saturated with oxygen, edemas disappear, metabolic processes are activated, and all tissues are nourished. The course of hirudotherapy on average is about 10 sessions. 2-3 sessions are held per week. The most favorable period for treatment is mid-spring-summer. During this period, leeches grown in special biofactories increase vital activity, and their saliva is most active.
The leech sucks blood and a small wound forms at this point, which bleeds for 6-24 hours. This process should not be interfered with, as the blood loss is small, and with them the mechanism of stimulating the immunity is triggered.
Pain depends on the threshold of sensitivity of the patient. They can be compared with a mosquito bite or nettle burn.
Contraindications to hirudotherapy are:
Recovery occurs smoothly, and the polyps disappear gradually. This method of treatment does not cause side effects, complications and addiction.
Another method of alternative medicine in the treatment of polyps in the uterus is acupuncture. Through special points on the human body, special needles are introduced and manipulated. It is believed that through these points vital energy circulates. Thus, the therapeutic effect is achieved and the pain is relieved.
Acupuncture is the most common in Russia. Although the effectiveness of this method has not been confirmed, it is widely used by physiotherapists and reflex therapists. It is believed that it is based on the placebo effect, the method is as effective as it is believed by patients and doctors. Acupuncture is a relatively safe treatment if used by professional doctors.
The general concept of polyps, their types and methods of treatment
A polyp is a benign neoplasm with clear localization. Depending on the site of localization, polyps are isolated:
The reasons for the formation of polyps in the uterus are not fully understood. The main risk factors include:
- hormonal disorders (most often - an excess of estrogen),
- chronic diseases (inflammatory, infectious),
- endometrial diseases
- injuries (during childbirth and abortion),
- systemic diseases: lack of exercise, hypertension, diabetes,
- genetic predisposition
- taking anticancer drugs.
Among all the causes of the main hormonal is considered. There are two types of uterine polyp: thin or wide (like a mushroom) stem. There is also a classification based on cell structure (fibrous, glandular, etc.). Regardless of the type, treatment is possible without surgery. And it can be carried out using folk remedies, the effectiveness of such methods has been tested and proven (numerous reviews confirm this fact).
Despite the fact that the risk of transformation into a malignant neoplasm is quite small (only 2% of cases), after a polyp is detected, the doctor must send tissue for histological examination. This helps to determine the tactics of the patient. Benign polyps in the uterus can be treated without surgery. If a degeneration of cells into malignant occurs, the tumor must be removed (for more information about removal methods here).
Often the disease is asymptomatic, so it is important to undergo regular check-ups in time to identify and begin treatment. Signs of development can be:
- any discharge (bloody, whitish, purulent, or slimy),
- pains due to the high tone of the uterus,
- bleeding between menstruation or severe during it,
- cycle violation
- anemia and symptoms associated with it,
- problems with fertilization (sterility) and nursing (the threat of miscarriage or miscarriage).
Any of these symptoms serve as a basis for consulting a gynecologist for consultation. Treatment with any folk remedies is not desirable on its own, the patient in such cases cannot evaluate its effectiveness. There is a risk of simply removing the symptoms, but leaving the problem unsolved. As a result, the disease will be started and treatment will not do without surgery. Folk methods at a late stage as an independent method are not used, but may be included in the general course.
Treatment of a polyp is prescribed by a doctor, traditional medicine in this case actively uses the so-called traditional methods (herbal medicine, physiotherapy). In this case, the reviews of doctors and patients are the same. Therapy with the use of herbal preparations, decoctions, tinctures, oils is considered as an effective treatment of polyps. Doctors recognize the effectiveness of herbal medicine, and recommend it for this pathology.
Will folk remedies help, and what is the effect of them
Patients who have been diagnosed with polyps in the uterus are interested in whether surgery can be avoided. Consider the possible options to eliminate this gynecological problem.
- Traditional methods of treatment are chosen if there is no risk of developing anemia in the background of severe bleeding or other threatening symptoms.
- If the disease is infectious in nature, the therapy is carried out with the use of antibiotics.
- With serious hormonal disruptions, hormone therapy is used, which can be combined with herbal medicine.
In such cases, you can do without surgery and cure a polyp in the uterus with therapeutic methods. Operative measures are resorted to if benign cells degenerate into malignant cells, therapy has proved ineffective and the disease progresses. The threat of miscarriage or the risk to the patient’s health and life (for example, significant blood loss) are also grounds for surgery.
But in most cases, especially in the early stages, therapeutic methods are used, including the treatment of uterine polyps with folk remedies. This is confirmed by numerous reviews of the effectiveness of such techniques and the recognition of their traditional medicine. As a result of the use of herbal remedies, infusions and decoctions comes complete cure.
Plants are selected for the course (herbs, berries, needles, mushrooms, etc.) with certain properties. Since therapy consists in removing inflammation, normalizing hormone levels, relieving gynecological symptoms (stopping bleeding, relieving spastic pain), etc., plants with appropriate properties are selected. Many of them have a bactericidal effect, tannins are prized when douche.
That is, the selection of herbal remedies is important, while taking into account the clinical picture in a particular patient. Trust this to a specialist to achieve complete cure.
Herbs and plants
Patients in detecting a uterus polyp are interested in how to cure the disease with the least harm to the body. The prospect of using hormonal drugs often scares women, and they are looking for alternative ways. In this case, herbs and plants will be quite an effective way. If the doctor decides to do without surgery, then the pathological processes are identified on time.
How to treat uterine polyp using phytopreparations? There are quite a few recipes that can be used with this diagnosis. If one of them turned out to be ineffective (this is determined during the control examination and on ultrasound), then you can change tactics.
Therapy without hormones may be longer, but effective. The patient's body does not suffer from the use of herbal medicine, therefore there are many supporters of such techniques. An experienced gynecologist will help you choose the best option.
Recipes with celandine
Celandine cleansing is recommended as a reliable and proven remedy. It can be used for ingestion and douching. You can apply each method individually or combine them. First you need to properly prepare the infusion. This will require:
- 1 cup of freshly harvested grass to grind and place in a thermos (can be in a jar with a tight-fitting lid),
- pour boiling water (if in a jar, wrap so that the heat is kept as long as possible),
- leave for 10 - 12 hours,
- After strain and place in the refrigerator.
The course in the treatment of polyp with celandine may be different. It is best to choose the option designed for 6 weeks. In the first, take half a teaspoon daily in the morning, the second in full. From the third week - on 1 tablespoon, during the 4th - on 2. Then reduce a dosage to a teaspoon. Usually such a course is enough for complete recovery. If the polyp has decreased in size, but has not completely resolved, after 2 - 3 weeks, repeat the course. The same solution can be doused (together with ingestion or as a separate method).
Remember that celandine is poisonous plants, so overdose can be dangerous.
Geranium flat sheet
If you do not want to drink celandine, you can try a decoction of geraniums. To do this, take a special variety - flat leaf geranium. The broth from this plant is drunk twice a day for a glass, only freshly.
The course can be long or short (with a positive dynamic - until complete recovery). Recommended recipe for polyps:
- take 2 tbsp. spoons in a glass of water and bring to a boil,
- в течение 5 минут после закипания держим на медленном огне,
- после этого настаиваем 30 минут, процеживаем и выпиваем.
With uterine polyps, geranium is an excellent substitute if celandine is contraindicated for some reason (for example, if you are hypersensitive).
Berry and root infusions
As folk remedies for polyps, you can use different tinctures of berries and root crops. For this, plants with the desired properties are also selected. The recipes are quite simple, and the ingredients are available, so you can prepare the medicine yourself.
Broth black currant and wild rose
For cooking will require:
- currant berries (1 tsp)
- rose hips (3 tsp),
- nettle leaves (fresh, 2 tsp).
All ingredients are mixed, filled with boiling water (0.5 l), boiled in a water bath for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Ready broth insist 40 minutes. and filter. Course: month, daily, 0.5 st. 4 times a day after meals.
To remove the folk remedies identified polyps in the uterus, you can use viburnum. It needs to be chewed thoroughly (each berry one by one), as the juice has healing properties. Fresh berries work best of all, but if necessary you can eat fresh frozen ones.
Canadian yellow root as a decoction is used for douching, which is prepared from grated root of the plant. The resulting mass is poured boiling water (1 tbsp. Spoon per glass of water) and infused for 30 minutes. Then decant and use the entire volume (procedure daily until complete recovery).
To get rid of polyps in the uterus without surgery, use regular onions. To do this, the onion in the husk is baked in the oven until fully softened. The peeled mass is crushed, wrapped in a sterile bandage, and put on a tampon at night every day for a month.
As an alternative to this option, there is another recipe: raw onions are grated and mixed with honey to avoid burning. The mixture is applied on a tampon and placed overnight (course of 10 days, if necessary, repeated).
Garlic tampons are a fairly popular way to detect polyps in the uterus. It can be used alone or with olive oil (if there is a burning sensation). 1 clove of garlic is crushed and wrapped in several layers of bandage, such a tampon is placed overnight. According to reviews of tampons with garlic, one course per 10 days is enough to cure.
Broths for syringing
Treatment of polyps with folk remedies can be carried out independently (after consulting a doctor) with the help of decoctions for douching. Most of the plants recommended for this diagnosis have bactericidal and anti-inflammatory properties, some are hemostatic. Tanning properties when applied topically provide a lasting therapeutic effect.
That is why the treatment of uterine polyps with folk methods leads to a stable remission (recovery). The advantages of phytopreparations for local use include:
- no side effects
- the ability to choose another safe for the body means with similar properties if necessary (for example, with allergies),
- good compatibility with drug treatment (syringal syringing with polyps can be combined with hormonal preparations).
For douching can use not only the infusion of celandine. Calendula for uterine polyps is often used as part of fees. Its flowers have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, as well as the ability to heal wounds and tone the uterus (helps in regulating the cycle). There are different fees for douching, they usually use sage, yarrow, oak bark, thyme, chamomile, lemon balm, chestnuts, nettles and other plants.
Folk remedies for the treatment of uterine polyps are quite diverse, and herbal remedies occupy a leading place in them. This is explained by the properties of plants that are needed to combat this pathology. Availability and effectiveness - a good combination, so there are many recipes for various infusions, tinctures, decoctions, juices, they are used inside or locally.
Alcohol tincture golden mustache
From the polyp of the uterus, tincture of the golden mustache (callus fragrant) on alcohol helps. I recommend it in case of infectious pathologies. For cooking you will need:
- 50 joints of a plant
- 700 ml of vodka.
Need to insist 2 weeks, when taken (twice a day), diluted with 20 drops of water. Accepted course of 5 cycles of 35 days with a break of 15 days. Another regimen consists in gradually increasing the dose of the tincture, from 10 to 25 drops (added every day, dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water). Then comes the reverse decrease (-1 drop to 10). After a 10-day break, the scheme is repeated 4 more times.
Well established borova, uterus. The crushed dry plant is poured boiling water in a ratio of 1 tbsp. spoon on a glass. Infused for half an hour and filtered. Within 2 weeks you need to drink half a cup daily before meals twice.
The healing properties of spruce and pine needles have long been known, the availability and effectiveness of this tool make it popular. For the preparation of infusion or decoction need chopped needles. In the first case, take 6 tbsp. spoons of needles, pour boiling water (0.5 liters) and insist 12 hours. You need to drink a tablespoon before eating. In the second per liter take 1 tbsp. spoon, boil for half an hour and insist 3 hours. Drink half a glass every day for 20 - 30 days.
Nettle and knotweed
Nettle and knotweed, due to their properties, are included in the composition of various fees and decoctions. The simplest recipe is recommended for external use (douching twice a day for 2 weeks):
- knotweed, nettle and chamomile (5, 3 and 1 tbsp. spoons respectively) are crushed,
- the mixture is filled with boiling water (1 l), boil for 5 minutes. and cool
Nettles are also recommended to be ingested as a tea or as part of other fees.
Sea buckthorn oil
Sea buckthorn oil in the detection of polyps in the uterus is used quite often. The easiest option is to buy ready-made oil at a pharmacy and soak a tampon in it.
Put it on the night of 2 weeks. You can make the oil yourself from 1 kg of berries (you need to squeeze the juice out of them) and sunflower oil. Juice and oil are mixed in a ratio of 1: 1.5 and insist in a dark place for 3 weeks. As practice shows, folk remedies with sea buckthorn against polyps in the uterus are quite effective.
Pumpkin seeds for uterine polyps are taken inside. To do this, prepare a mixture of:
- 7 hard boiled egg yolks
- 6 tbsp. tablespoons of ground pumpkin seeds,
- 0.5 liters of sunflower oil.
All ingredients are mixed, and aged in a water bath for 20 minutes. The cooled mixture is taken by 1 tsp. on an empty stomach daily under the scheme of 5 days of treatment, 5 break.
About the healing properties of mummy known for a long time. In this pathology, you can use both a pharmacy and a natural remedy, by mouth or topically. Mummy should be drunk 20 days daily on an empty stomach at 0.5 g, washed down with grape juice or milk. A mixture of 2.5 g mummy and 100 ml of water is applied to the tampon, the course is 1 month.
These recipes are the most popular for polyps. Their effectiveness is tested and proven. Some plants may be prescribed in other proportions and combinations. In addition to the described, there are a number of popular methods, recommended for such a diagnosis.
Medication may be combined with unconventional methods or prescribed as a basic course. The choice of drug depends on the causes of the pathology. Most often we are talking about hormone therapy, as the disease causes an excess of estrogen.
Hormonal treatment is to identify the causes of changes in hormonal levels and the appointment of drugs to normalize it. For these purposes can be used:
- combined oral contraceptives,
- gonadotropin releasing hormone agonists,
It is worth noting that hormone therapy is more often used after surgical treatment, and some herbal remedies can completely replace some medications. Many of them are able to normalize hormones or contain natural analogues of hormones.
Hormonotherapy can only be prescribed by a doctor, self-treatment in such cases is unacceptable.
Physiotherapy for uterine polyp is an auxiliary method. It successfully complements traditional and non-traditional methods. Doctors recommend using:
- magnetic therapy
- mud therapy
- Electronophoresis, etc.
Physiotherapy techniques are used according to indications, in accordance with the symptoms and the clinical picture.
In each case, choose the method that will help relieve symptoms and improve the quality of treatment.
What is not recommended to apply
When choosing a method of dealing with this pathology, it should be remembered that the same medicines (including herbal remedies) can both help and harm. Some medicinal plants can not be used for menstruation and bleeding. Often in the course of admission specifically made a break in a few days. Dosing during menstruation is not effective and is contraindicated. The cellular structure (fibrous or glandular) matters.
Phytopreparations, like any medicine, have their own contraindications. Therefore, it is not recommended to self-medicate. At best, it will not help, at worst - harm. Since concomitant diseases can be diabetes mellitus or obesity, appropriate diet should be followed. It is not recommended to eat fatty and spicy foods, alcohol.
Tatiana, 24 years old
The attending physician suggested to try to start treating polyps in the uterus with folk remedies. I was very afraid of surgery and hormones, so I gladly took advantage of his recommendations. After taking the celandine course (saw and douche), I was completely cured. Now I know how good weeds are for women's problems.
How do I get rid of uterine polyps? Girls, no pills, try folk remedies. I was first recommended wormwood, but the taste is not very. Therefore, I decided to ask what other means are there. It turned out quite a lot of them. Chose from the proposed currants with wild rose. Everything is fine, on ultrasound - a decrease in size. I will continue.
I was treated in a private clinic. The doctor (very competent) advised to try to treat polyps in the uterus with folk remedies. I wondered, after all, my belief in pills was unshakable. But I went to the women's forum, read reviews, even wrote a consultant on the site. He confirmed everything he heard before, the plants can really help. Began to brew her womb uterus. So far so good, I will pass the course, accomplish your goal.