In an age of high technology and advanced medicine, it seemed that humanity had to cope with all diseases. But ... Everything is not so simple, a living organism, regardless of its shape and size, always strives to survive, adapting to changing conditions.
Not an exception to this rule and fungi of the genus Candida, the causative agents of the well-known thrush. Pharmacologists are constantly developing new drugs to combat candidiasis, and the pathogen adapts to them as carefully.
Especially because they talk about it from TV screens, write publications. And many are convinced that they can not only correctly establish the diagnosis on their own, but also prescribe themselves a treatment.
How does candida enter the body?
The causative agent of candidiasis can enter the body of a girl (woman) in any of the periods of her life. Fortunately, it is rare, but it happens that the candida comes to the child in utero from the mother. Much more often the pathogen enters the body during childbirth or in the first few days after birth.
The source of infection is a mother, medical staff, dad or other relatives who are in close contact with the child. Candida has been found in soil, water, and surrounding objects, it lives mainly in warm, humid conditions.
In most cases, the body's defenses are enough for opportunistic pathogens to be quiet and not cause problems to the owner. Candida along with another such flora peacefully exists on the skin and mucous membranes of a person in an inactive form.
A fungus begins to multiply if a “breakdown” occurs in the body.
In this case, under the breakdown should be understood any process that upsets the balance of the internal environment of the body - stress, illness, injury, hypothermia, unprotected sexual intercourse, etc.
All of the above leads to the fact that the body creates conditions that are not comfortable for the life of normal useful flora, but very favorable for reproduction and activation of conditionally pathogenic.
Most often, candidiasis is diagnosed in women. This is due to their greater emotional lability, constant blood loss during menstruation (anemia is one of the factors of fungus activation), hormonal fluctuations during the menstrual cycle, abuse of civilization (synthetic underwear, daily pads, tampons, thongs, intimate hygiene, etc.).
In young children, oral candidiasis is more common, the genitals are rarely affected, as a rule, after prolonged use of antibiotics or hormonal drugs. The tendency to oral candidiasis in children is noted because of the immaturity of the immune system and the barrier properties of the oral mucosa.
Types of candidiasis
Vulvovaginal candidiasis, like any other disease, has its own classification:
- Candidate - a condition in which a pathogen is detected in smears, but complaints are completely absent. Treatment is not required, it is observed in 20% of women. It is diagnosed in 50% of pregnant women.
- Acute candidiasis - it is characterized by all the classic manifestations of candidiasis. The process lasts no more than 2 months.
- Chronic (recurrent) candidiasis - inflammatory process of the mucous membrane, caused by Candida fungi and lasting more than 2 months or returning 4 or more times during the year.
Allocations, as the "calling card" of thrush
The blooming thrush in most women is typical, which makes it possible to establish a diagnosis with 90% of the probability already by the type of discharge of the genital tract. And yet, what does the discharge in thrush look like, what makes it such a recognizable infection?
Abundant cheesy, flocculent discharges with a sourish odor, which are accompanied by discomfort in the genital area. When washing from the vagina, abundant masses are washed out, the consistency of curdled milk, the same discharge is found on the linen.
The color of the discharge in thrush depends on the severity of the process, the duration of the disease and the addition of another pathogenic flora. If the process is acute and other pathogens do not take part in it, the color of the discharge fits into the description - “milky”.
If the inflammatory process is not treated and another flora is present on the mucous membranes of the reproductive tract, it becomes green thrush. The inflamed mucosa is swollen, full-blooded, easily injured, due to which brownness (blood admixture) can be detected in candidiasis.
In the absence of timely treatment, the skin of the labia majora, pubis, inguinal region is involved in inflammation. Allocation of thrush in girls accumulates in the form of sticky greenish raids in the folds between the labia.
Not typical discharge in thrush
Classic cheesy discharges in women with thrush may be absent, especially when it comes to the chronic form.
The chronic form of candidiasis can generally occur without visible secretions, or they can be liquid, interspersed with white grains.
There may be discharge during thrush yellow, frothy, slimy. It all depends on the state of immunity and aggressiveness of the vaginal microflora. Separately, to dwell on the question of what discharge during thrush in pregnant women, we will not, because they are no different.
Is it only worth noting that brown discharge from expectant mothers should be alarming, since they can be caused not only by trauma to the inflamed mucous membrane, but also by the threat of termination of pregnancy, therefore, when detecting blood in the discharge, the gynecologist must have in-person consultation.
When to ask for help?
As soon as the first signs of candidiasis appear, you should immediately seek help. This is important because late treatment can lead to the transition of an acute episode to a chronic one, the treatment of which will require not only more time, but will also significantly hit the woman’s wallet.
It is necessary to accurately and fully answer all questions of the doctor, since history taking will help establish the form of candidiasis, which is important for prescribing anti-relapse therapy.
Diagnosis of thrush
The specificity of the discharge in thrush allows the diagnosis in most patients to be made by visual examination.
However, the collection of smears is a requirement. Only after receiving the analysis, the diagnosis is considered reliable.
In addition, even a simple swab allows you to determine the urgency of the process. Detection of filaments of pseudomycelium indicates chronic candidiasis, the accumulation of cellular forms is acute.
Also in the smear other pathogens can be detected (trichomonads, key cells, etc.), for which standard antifungal treatment will not be enough to combat.
Sowing on the flora and sensitivity to antibiotics is performed if the diagnosis is questionable, or treatment is not effective. The informativeness of the research is high, but there are certain drawbacks - a special laboratory is required and it is necessary to wait a long time for the result.
Principles of treatment
The main principle of treatment of candidiasis is a phased approach. The first stage is the elimination of the pathogen.
It turns out that while we are struggling with somatic diseases, stabilizing them, restoring immunity and switching to proper nutrition - the thrush continues to bloom, going from acute to chronic.
Antifungals are initially prescribed, and after the symptoms have disappeared, you can prescribe schemes for the restoration of microflora, immunity, stabilization of chronic diseases and prevention of relapses.
After thrush, it is advisable to monitor the cure by visiting one week after the end of the treatment of your local gynecologist.
She graduated from the Belarusian State Medical University. She works as an obstetrician-gynecologist at the 4th female consultation center of the “1st GKB” of Minsk. Specializes in reproductive health, pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
Normal discharge from a healthy woman
Every day, girls and women find discharge in underwear or hygiene products. This process is considered normal, but sometimes it signals a serious disturbance in the functioning of the reproductive system.
The physiology of a woman is designed so that whites are regularly excreted from the vagina. They are usually odorless, but a slightly sour flavor is also allowed. Bleach are lactobacilli due to which a weakly acidic medium is formed in the vagina. It performs several functions at the same time - it protects a woman from pathogenic microorganisms, creates favorable conditions for conception, and is a lubricant for the sexual organs during sexual intercourse.
Whites that have a slimy consistency are also considered normal. This type of discharge is in the middle of the menstrual cycle, which is one of the signs of the onset of ovulation.
There are some nuances that allow a woman to make sure that the vaginal secretion is the norm, and there are no pathological processes in her body:
- a different shade of a secret depending on the period of a cycle (white, dairy, cream, yellowish color is allowed),
- no sharp smell
- consistency can be from liquid to viscous,
- Each woman may have different whites, but the daily rate should not exceed one teaspoon,
- before the start of the menstrual cycle, during and after intercourse, with sexual arousal, the amount of secretion increases several times.
Discharge with candidiasis is not difficult to distinguish from normal whiter, it is enough to get acquainted with the characteristic features.
What does the discharge for women with thrush look like?
To start treatment in time, you should know what the discharge becomes when you have thrush. Beli in this inflammatory process can be confused with signs of sexually transmitted diseases. That is why it is important to immediately visit the gynecologist's office for diagnosis.
In cases of neglect of pathology with thrush, a woman observes discharge like cottage cheese. However, they are still accompanied by severe itching and burning inside the vagina. Over time, if untreated, thrush on the shorts remains more and more often, the pathogen secretion becomes larger, the other characteristic symptoms appear more clearly.
The color of the discharge during thrush can vary, and odor often appears. According to the color of the vaginal secretions, the specialist at the examination determines the stage of the pathology. It can be pink, yellow, brown, sometimes even green. This process is caused by the addition of a secondary infection, which is a serious danger to the body.
Thanks to the treatment, the discharge after thrush returns to normal, and the unpleasant symptoms disappear.
What secrets should alert a woman
Vaginal candidiasis does not always occur as an independent disease, it is often joined by other diseases caused by infections. Having found out pink allocation at a thrush, you should not worry, usually such color whites get before the beginning of a menstrual cycle.
- Yellow secretions in thrush appear with the development of vaginosis, when microflora imbalance begins. A decrease in the level of lactobacilli and the growth of pathogenic microorganisms causes the white to turn yellow and it can have different intensities - light or dark. Yellow discharge during thrush has a specific smell, which becomes more intense during intercourse.
- Brown discharge in thrush - a signal to the body about the presence of cervical erosion. If leucorbs become of this color during pregnancy, this indicates a threatened miscarriage: in pregnant women, the brown color of the vaginal secretions in thrush can be triggered by the detachment of the ovum. In such a situation, a medical examination is required to prevent premature birth or spontaneous abortion.
- The most dangerous green mucus in thrush. In any case, they indicate serious deviations in the body's work. This type of discharge may indicate vaginal candidiasis and venereal diseases.
Green mucus indicates the development of inflammatory processes in the genitals and pathological changes in the fallopian tubes, cervix and vagina.
Causes of vaginal secretion in green:
- trichomoniasis (frothy pathogenic secret),
- salpingitis and adnexitis (abundant liquid discharge),
- vulvovaginitis (additionally worried about burning during urination),
- chlamydia (pain during intercourse, bleeding in the middle of the menstrual cycle or after sex),
- gonorrhea (intermenstrual bleeding, cutting pains in the lower abdomen, painful urination).
It is easy to distinguish thrush by secretions from other pathological processes. With the development of inflammation caused by infections, women’s body temperature often rises, and whites have a fetid, unpleasant odor.
Cheesy discharges are characteristic of thrush, with other diseases they have a different consistency - liquid, slimy, viscous. Dark discharges for thrush become before the onset of menses due to hormonal changes in the body. They remain the same on the first day of the menstrual cycle, when they contain blood impurities.
When the disease goes into a chronic stage, the vaginal secretion becomes scarce, grayish-white. Thrush has a sluggish nature, accompanied by weak itching and burning. The secretion is insignificant, the disease no longer delivers tangible discomfort.
Having found signs of trouble, a woman should not postpone a visit to the gynecologist. Against the background of a long course of thrush, such complications are possible:
- cervical erosion,
- adhesions in the fallopian tubes,
- cystitis or pyelonephritis,
- infertility development
- the accession of secondary infections
- problems with men in the intimate sphere.
Any inflammatory processes of the genital organs do not pass without a trace. They have a negative impact on the reproductive system of the body.
To confirm the diagnosis, you should pass a smear on the definition of a fungus of the genus Candida. Treatment of cheesy and liquid discharge with thrush should be complex.
First of all, therapy is aimed at eliminating the characteristic symptoms that bother a woman - itching, burning of the genitals, the formation of a pathogenic secret. For this purpose, antifungal and anti-inflammatory drugs and herbs are used in gynecology. Gynecologists prescribe vaginal suppositories for their patients:
When inflammation of the external genital organs to relieve the condition, topical agents are prescribed in the form of ointments - Miconazole, Econazole. To relieve inflammation and irritation of the mucous membranes of the genital organs, warm sitting baths and douching with chamomile, calendula, sage, and oak bark decoctions are recommended.
Complex therapy of candidiasis lasts for two weeks. If, after the treatment of thrush, vaginal secretions of a pathogenic nature remain, the specialist prolongs the course of treatment or prescribes other drugs.
The disease violates the vaginal microflora, causing dysbiosis. Recovery requires the use of probiotics - Bio-Guy, Linex, Bifiform, Beefilis. To normalize the microflora it is also necessary to use Vaginorm, Bifidumbacterin or Lactobacterin suppositories. During pregnancy, such drugs are prescribed to women for the prevention of the development of thrush to eliminate the dangerous effects of the disease.
If you find signs of vaginal candidiasis, you should consult a doctor so that he prescribes an effective treatment. Self-treatment and lack of therapy are fraught with serious complications.
What is thrush, its manifestations
Vaginal candidiasis (thrush) is an infectious disease. Its causative agent is Candida fungus, a representative of the so-called opportunistic microflora. The occurrence of the disease contributes to the violation of the bacterial environment of the vagina. The death of beneficial microflora can be triggered by the use of certain drugs, intimate hygiene products. An excess of fungi is formed due to the infection of a woman from a partner during sexual contact.
The main manifestations of candidiasis are burning and itching in the vagina, cramping when urinating, characteristic discharge of a cheesy consistency with the smell of sour milk. Often thrush occurs against the background of sexually transmitted diseases, inflammatory processes in the genitals. Depending on the accompanying pathologies for thrush, the discharge has a different appearance.
What distinguishes secretions in candidiasis from physiological
Normal physiological secretions from the genital organs of women appear as a result of natural processes associated with the functioning of the reproductive system. They do not cause discomfort, their appearance changes regularly in different phases of the menstrual cycle. Наиболее характерно то, что они необильны, не имеют резкого запаха, являются прозрачными или имеют белый с легким желтоватым оттенком цвет.
У выделений, появляющихся при кандидозе, имеются характерные признаки, отличающие их от физиологических. These include:
- Запах (обычно кислый). Могут быть нюансы, если имеются сопутствующие заболевания.
- Неоднородная консистенция (напоминают творожную массу).
- Copious, cover the surface of the vagina with a whitish film.
- Causes burning and itching in the vagina, irritation of the skin in the perineum, cramps when urinating.
- Painted white if no other infections are present. A change in color means that, in addition to the fungus, other types of pathogens develop in the genitals.
The chronic form of thrush is characterized by periodic recurrence of symptoms after prolonged interruptions, during which the discharge has a normal appearance and no painful manifestations. Changes in hormonal levels in the body causes activation of the fungus. That is why cheesy discharge intensifies in women a few days before menstruation, occur during pregnancy, in old age.
Concomitant diseases in candidiasis
Characteristic of thrush discharge occurs when diseases associated with metabolic disorders, for example, diabetes (high blood sugar contributes to the development of fungi). Symptoms of candidiasis often appear after colds, gastrointestinal and other diseases that lead to a weakening of the immune system.
The nature of the discharge characteristic of candidiasis changes if there are concomitant gynecological diseases:
- cervical erosion - ulceration of the mucous membranes of the cervical canal and the vaginal part of the cervix,
- bacterial vaginosis (dysbacteriosis) - a violation of the nature of the microbiological environment of the vagina,
- inflammatory processes in the genitals (vulvovaginitis - in the vagina and vulva, cervicitis - in the cervix, endometritis - in the uterus, salpingitis - in the fallopian tubes),
- tumor diseases.
Often, simultaneously with Candida fungi, smear pathogens are detected in sexually transmitted infections (trichomonas, gonococci, chlamydia, and others). This is also reflected in the nature of the discharge that bothers a woman with candidiasis.
Discharge with candidiasis
The consistency and volume of discharge depends on the form of the disease. For the acute form is characterized by the appearance of abundant heterogeneous composition of the watery whiter. They usually have a fermented milk smell. If stench is added to it, it is most likely a sign of an inflammatory process or the presence of cancer.
Mucous secretions in thrush have a heterogeneous composition, contain lumps or flakes, from which they look like sour milk. Most often they are painted. To diagnose the disease accurately, it is necessary to make smear and blood tests to detect fungi and causative agents of latent infections.
Often, mucous discharge occurs with candidiasis in pregnant women.
What does the color of discharge for candidiasis
The appearance of the discharge of color due to the presence in them of blood impurities or waste products of pathogenic bacteria. Sometimes the color of secretions changes under the influence of hormones.
Yellow. Color is due to the presence of a large number of leukocytes, the development of inflammatory processes in the genitals. Appear if thrush occurred against the background of gardnerellaosis (vaginal dysbiosis), as well as trichomoniasis.
Green. They say that a woman has acute purulent processes in the uterus (cervicitis, salpingitis), as well as sexually transmitted diseases - gonorrhea or chlamydia. From the discharge characteristic of thrush as an independent disease, green discharge distinguishes the presence of a putrid odor. If there is a smell of rotting fish, this indicates that the purulent process is caused by vaginal dysbiosis.
Pink This color indicates the presence of minor impurities in the blood. Pink cheesy whites appear before menstruation, due to the fact that changes in the state of the endometrium begin: it softens and exfoliates. At the same time small vessels are damaged.
Brown. A brownish tint also appears in candidiasis before menstruation or within 2-3 days after them. This is caused by the individual characteristics of changes in hormonal levels during this period of the cycle. Another reason for the appearance of brown whites with candidiasis is the ingress of blood into the mucus due to erosion of the cervix, damage to the mucous membranes of the neoplasms. In this case, brown leaches are constantly observed, regardless of the phase of the menstrual cycle.
Features of secretions in candidiasis in pregnant women
During pregnancy, there are several factors contributing to the occurrence of thrush. This is a significant hormonal alteration in the body, and a physiologically caused decrease in immunity, and a change in the state of the mucous membranes, the composition of the vaginal environment. The body's resistance to a pregnant woman decreases with a lack of vitamins, which are heavily consumed due to the growth of the fetus.
Recommendation: Pregnant women are encouraged to start taking synthetic vitamins from the first weeks, and even better - when planning a pregnancy.
During this period, a woman has an increase in physiological secretions. Normally, they should be transparent or slightly whitish and, most importantly, homogeneous in appearance, without odor. The appearance of lumps, odor, color indicates the presence of thrush. This infection can be transmitted to the fetus during childbirth, causing a serious complication of the baby’s health.
If such a discharge during pregnancy appears brown color, it may indicate the threat of its termination. Swelling and inflammation of the mucous membranes of the vagina and cervix greatly complicate childbirth.
When pregnancy is used mainly treatment with external means. If necessary, it continues after delivery.
Complications of candidiasis
The discharge that occurs during thrush causes such discomfort that, as a rule, women do not postpone their visit to the doctor. The disease must be diagnosed and start taking antifungal drugs as early as possible. Candidiasis can not only occur against the background of other serious diseases, but also provoke them, weakening the body's defense against infections. This greatly complicates the treatment process.
Such a disease is contagious. It requires the simultaneous treatment of both women and men who have sex with her. With late treatment, the disease quickly becomes chronic.
What are the secretions for thrush?
If we talk about the characteristic signs of thrush, in most cases, the selection has its own characteristics:
- White color,
- cheesy consistency
- almost odorless
- upon drying, they acquire a characteristic yellowish tint.
But this is only a “classic” course of candidiasis, in fact, the discharge can be of various colors:
Why it happens? Much depends on the concomitant infectious process, namely:
- pink, red and brown color often occur in the presence of cervical erosion. They can also appear during pregnancy, in particular, ectopic,
- A yellow-green tint is a sign of a bacterial infection.
The purulent nature of the discharge may indicate an inflammatory process in the ovaries or fallopian tubes. This may cause pain in the lower abdomen, as well as disrupted the menstrual cycle.
Let us consider in more detail the features of secretions in different periods of the course of the disease:
- first sign. At the very beginning, in addition to other symptoms, white grains appear on the mucous membrane, which are easy to remove due to the fact that they are not firmly attached. These grains merge among themselves, differ in a liquid consistence,
- further development. Unlike the first stage, at this stage, gray white films come to replace the liquid white grains, which are tightly attached to the mucosal surface. When you try to remove these films appears bleeding. At this stage, women begin to be disturbed by painful sensations during urination and intimacy,
- acute period. It lasts no more than two months, if the disease is not cured, then it becomes chronic. Often, exacerbations occur before menstruation, it is associated with changes in hormonal levels.
Discharge in girls
Thrush can appear in girls even in infancy. You can become infected at birth, if the birth canal is affected by a fungal infection. This happens if a woman has not been treated before birth.
Unlike women, in whom the fungus affects the vagina to a greater extent, in girls, it is the external genitals that defeat the lesion. Often, thrush manifests itself in the oral mucosa. In this case, there is swelling, itching and cheesy plaque.
Male excretions may also differ in each specific case by smell, abundance and consistency. Most often the disease affects the glans penis and the foreskin.
In addition, the urethra may be involved in the process, then the man will be disturbed by the following symptoms:
- the appearance of discharge from the urethra,
- frequent urination,
- painful sensation when visiting the restroom.
Whatever the selection, it is up to experienced specialists to establish their root cause after reviewing the test results.
Can there be thrush without discharge?
It is worth noting that thrush can occur in a latent form and be accompanied by erased clinical symptoms, which someone may not even take into account or be considered a sign of a completely different disease.
There are cases when thrush flows without discharge, but it is very rare. There is such a scenario, when the selection appears, but in color and texture they do not differ from the usual ones, therefore they are not paid attention to.
It is worth considering the fact that if itching, burning and swelling appeared, this does not necessarily indicate candidiasis. Virtually any violation can cause itching, this is due to the presence of nerve endings on the genitals.
The problem of many women is that they are guided by the well-known description of the clinical symptomatology of candidiasis, forgetting that the body of each person is an individuality and it is not known how in each particular case the illness will show itself.
For example, we all know that thrush is accompanied by the appearance of white cheesy discharge with an unpleasant odor, but there are cases when a woman has white, yellow or even bloody discharge from thrush. What can a woman do next? Thinking that this is some kind of inflammatory process, she goes to the pharmacy and buys an antibiotic.
What happens next? Antibacterial agents weaken the immune system, which is no longer able to cope with its responsibilities. This leads to the fact that favorable conditions are created for the development of a fungal infection and it increases even more in number.
It is worth noting the fact that the lack of cheesy discharge can also be observed in cases where a woman is a carrier of fungal infection.
Green color of discharge in thrush is a sign of inflammation in the uterus, cervix, or appendages. Green color indicates a high content of leukocytes, that is, purulent secretion. As practice shows, the green nature of the discharge is more often the case of the bacterial nature of the inflammatory process.
Yet not always this symptom is a sign of bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis is another provocative cause. At the very beginning of the development of the infectious process, the disease may not manifest itself in any way, which greatly complicates the diagnostic examination.
What happens in this situation? Allocations for thrush may be scanty, itching and irritation are not very pronounced, so most women in this case do not even consider it necessary to contact a gynecologist, but simply increase the frequency of hygienic procedures. But the diagnosis can be confirmed only by laboratory analysis.
The purulent nature of the discharge may indicate an inflammatory process in the ovaries or fallopian tubes. This may cause pain in the lower abdomen, as well as disrupted the menstrual cycle.
There are many bacterial infections that can trigger nonspecific secretions. Bacterial vaginitis is often a concomitant disease of thrush and can even appear in girls.
Foul smelling discharge
Many believe that an unpleasant smell is the result of poor hygiene, but it is worth noting that this is not the only reason. The smell can be a clear sign of the development of the inflammatory process and the addition of a bacterial infection.
In this case, you should not rely on homemade recipes, because they can only mask the problem, but do not eliminate it. The problem should be approached in a complex way, acting directly on the cause of the appearance of an unpleasant symptom.
Usually, doctors combine the use of antifungal agents and the use of local drugs: tampons with medication and douching.
Thrush with bleeding
When there are excretions in thrush of a cheesy character, it seems that everyone understands what it is and why it arose, but it is a completely different thing when there are blood impurities in them. Let's figure out where the blood streaks come from.
As you know, the vagina is covered with a mucous membrane that has blood vessels. The vagina is connected with the work of all organs of the reproductive system and if there is a failure in any one place, then it will necessarily affect other parts of the sexual sphere.
Consider the main reasons for which may appear spotting with thrush:
- mechanical damage. It is possible to speculate logically: when thrush occurs inflammation, burning, itching, which make blood vessels more fragile and vulnerable to trauma. That is why the admixture of blood is a common occurrence in candidiasis. In fact, a variety of factors can cause damage to the mucous membrane: sexual contact, examination by a gynecologist, washing away, combing,
- the presence of concomitant diseases. Candidiasis can occur simultaneously with sexually transmitted diseases, in which case waste products of not only fungi, but also other pathogenic bacteria will appear in the secretions. For example, if a woman is suffering from bacterial candidiasis, then often in this condition the blood vessels of the vagina begin to burst and therefore blood enters the cheesy discharge,
- the use of certain drugs. Some vaginal suppositories have side effects in the form of weakened blood vessels.
Separately, I would like to say about the running forms of candidiasis. Not always bleeding is a consequence of other diseases, it happens that directly thrush can cause this symptom.
A feature of chronic candidiasis is that the pathogenic fungal infection penetrates not only into the vaginal epithelium, but is also able to penetrate further, reaching the connective tissue and blood vessels. When a pathogen is located near a blood vessel, it causes damage to it and causes hemorrhage.
Yellow discharge in thrush
Yellow discharge can be both a variant of the norm and an alarm signal, which should be addressed to a specialist. This is especially true of those people in whom this symptom appears against the background of developing candidiasis and is accompanied by itching, pain and a strong odor.
Yellow discharge may be a sign of the following pathological processes, namely:
- acute genital infection, in particular, gonorrhea,
- cervical erosion,
- inflammation of the ovaries or uterine appendages.
If the discharge has a frothy consistency, a yellow-green hue and is accompanied by itching and irritation of the external genital organs, then the doctor may suspect the presence of gonorrhea. In this case, a gynecological smear is taken on the flora, which can be used to identify or eliminate gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, gardnerellez, as well as a fungal infection.
Immediately it should be noted that when this symptom appears, you should not immediately panic and make hasty conclusions. The final “verdict” will be delivered by the doctor on the basis of the examination and laboratory diagnostic data.
It should be understood that it would be silly to make a diagnosis based on the color of the discharge. Before the specialist will inform you about the test results, you should follow simple recommendations:
- maintain proper intimate hygiene,
- refuse sexual intercourse,
- wear natural underwear,
- regularly replace gaskets,
- good sleep
- lead a healthy lifestyle, which includes a balanced diet, etc.
Despite the wide choice of medicines, the relevance of thrush unfortunately still does not fall. Often the disease is difficult to cure to the end, and it becomes chronic. Only with an integrated approach to business, aimed at changing the whole way of life, can good results be achieved.
Только специалист сможет правильно подобрать лекарственное средство, а также определить схему и длительность лечения. Лечебные мероприятия при молочнице могут включать в себя следующее:
- систематическое лечение проявлений заболевания,
- применение препаратов местного воздействия непосредственно на очаг воспалительного процесса,
- recovery of the immune system, which includes taking drugs with a high content of vitamins and minerals.
All medications for thrush are divided into several types:
So, in each case, candidiasis can occur in different ways: the discharge in thrush can be abundant, white, red, brown or yellow, and in some cases they do not appear at all.
Self-medication only steals valuable time from you that could be spent on a diagnostic examination. Remember, experienced professionals should be involved in treating your health, only in this case you will be able to get rid of thrush once and for all!
The essence of pathology
Vaginal candidiasis is a type of fungal infection triggered by microscopic yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida.
In the people, pathology is called thrush because it is often accompanied by a secreted white secret, which is similar in texture to cottage cheese, kefir. It has a specific fermented milk smell.
Fungi in small amounts are present in the intestine, are part of its normal microflora. Belong to opportunistic microorganisms. Under the influence of some factors, an intensive increase in their number occurs. When this happens settling of the vagina, mouth, respiratory tract. The development of entire colonies provoke inflammatory processes.
Rapid reproduction of mushrooms is possible in the event of favorable conditions for this:
- hormonal imbalance,
- dysbacteriosis of the vagina, intestines,
- stressful situations
- excessive use of alcoholic beverages,
- abrupt climate change
- hormonal, antibacterial drugs,
- reducing the level of protective functions of the body,
- violation of personal hygiene,
- underwear from non-natural fabrics.
The emergence of the disease provokes improper diet, for example, the uncontrolled use of sweets. The reason may be a special kind of allergic reaction of the body - hypersensitivity to yeast-like fungi.
Interesting! According to statistics from the World Health Organization (WHO), 20% of the inhabitants of the whole world faced thrush. Of these, more than 70% of cases are women.
Ways of transmission
The disease develops mainly due to reduced immunity for various reasons. However, candida may enter the body through everyday life. Mushrooms can be in food - meat, fruits, vegetables, dairy products. Yeast-like microorganisms are resistant to the environment, retain their livelihoods on bedding, in the air, and various objects.
The presence of fungi in one partner implies its transmission to the second through sexual intercourse (vaginal, oral, anal). But this does not mean that the pathological process will immediately begin. Candida can settle on the mucous membrane of the genitals without creating problems.
Newborns in 70% of cases, candidiasis is transmitted during the passage through the birth canal. In the first months of life, the child may become infected due to contact with the nipples, the hands of the sick mother.
The clinical picture of the disease is not always pronounced, especially at the initial stage. The intensity of the symptoms depends on the factors that provoked the pathological processes.
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the vagina,
- swelling of the genitals,
- feeling of discomfort in the perineum,
- pain when urinating,
- dyspareunia - pain at the moment of intimacy,
- specific secretions (secretion).
Often the pathology is mild or asymptomatic. In this case, if untreated, thrush flows into the chronic form.
During lactation, the symptoms are exactly the same as in the normal state, but there is a possibility of infection on the nipples. Due to the defeat of the milk ducts during lactation, the young mother feels severe pain and itching. In addition, the baby is also facing the threat of infection.
In the healthy state of the body, the mucous membrane of the genital tract in women and girls over 8 years of age produces physiological mucus. Usually they are not abundant, light (transparent or whitish), odorless. Their presence is not regarded as a disease, it is only a normal condition. The amount may increase before menstruation. During this period, the consistency changes - white blotches are possible. Many regard this fact as the beginning of candidiasis, but these are pieces of the endometrium.
Causes of discharge
Thrush proceeds independently or serves as a sign of other infectious, gynecological, immunodeficiency diseases. Discharges during thrush differ from physiological whitening not only in volume, color, but also in smell. Reproduction of the fungus provokes the appearance of a sour smell.
The reason for the growth of yeast-like fungi becomes a violation of the acidity of the vagina. The normal level of acidity is in the range of 3.8-4.4 pH. With an increase to 5.9-6.4 pH creates a favorable environment for the development of microorganisms. The waste products of the colonies of the fungus cause a strong allergic reaction. In response to this, the glands of the mucous membranes of the genital organs produce more secretions in order to more likely remove toxins. A certain protective reaction of the body to the uncontrolled growth of fungi.
At the initial stage of the development of pathology, the secreted secret has a white cheesy texture. White lumps - this is a colony of fungi. Lack of treatment leads to a change in color, consistency of secretion, worsening the patient's health. 2 months after infection, the disease becomes chronic.
What are the secretions for thrush normal? In the case of mild, uncomplicated by other pathological processes, the secretion of the vagina should be white with an acidic odor. Abundance can vary significantly between different patients - depending on the severity of the disease, the presence of chronic pathologies, the state of immunity, the day of the menstrual cycle.
Often accompanied by sexually transmitted diseases. The pathologies themselves may be asymptomatic, and the secretion inherent in the fungus becomes their only sign. What color of discharge can be observed during pathology?
The color of secretions in thrush is carefully analyzed in order to diagnose the presence of other pathological processes in the body:
- Whites are considered normal during illness. When drying, they are yellowish.
- The grayish hue of the secret from the genitals suggests that the disease is not treated on time and the transition to the next stage begins. The secretion is tightly attached to the mucous membrane, when you try to remove it with a napkin you can damage the soft tissue. This will cause discoloration - red blotches appear.
- Blood discharge. In the case of blood entering the mucus from the vagina, the presence of red or pink discharge from thrush is recorded. This indicates a hormonal failure, ectopic pregnancy, diseases such as endometriosis, cervical erosion. May occur before menstruation. The method of blood ingress into a biological secret is often combing the skin. Together with the blood, the fungus has the ability to spread throughout the body, which is much more dangerous than the local manifestation.
- Brown discharge with thrush become at the end of the cycle, which means the onset of menstruation. But if they originated on another day of the cycle, this may indicate that inflammatory processes develop in the uterus, vagina. Signals the presence of sexually transmitted diseases, malignant tumors. It is characteristic of the chronic form of pathology. For pregnant women, discharge of this nature is very dangerous - there may be a detachment of the placenta, there is a risk of spontaneous abortion.
- Yellow discharge in thrush is a sign of prolonged course.
A prolonged inflammatory process provokes a massive destruction of white blood cells, leaving the vagina, they betray the mucus yellow color. The richer the color, the longer the pathological process lasts. Also indicate the development of bacterial vaginitis. In this case, pain occurs during intimacy. In addition to this pathology of the ovaries, fallopian tubes are also accompanied by a yellow secretion of purulent character. Have a putrid odor. Additional symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen, significant disruptions of the menstrual cycle. Yellow patina occurs when there is a gynecological pathology or a sexually transmitted infection (STI) - gonorrhea (gonorrhea), a violation of the vaginal microflora.
- The most dangerous for health is secretion of greenish color. Says about the presence of genital infections, complicated purulent inflammation, as well as neglect of pathology - the development of the inflammatory process in the uterus, tubes, vagina, ovaries. When trichomoniasis is observed secret green or yellowish-green shades, which has a fetid odor. In no case should such a sign be neglected, it is necessary to immediately seek help from a medical institution. Because during infection of the urinary tract may develop cystitis or more serious complications.
Secretions in thrush in pregnant women have the same character as a woman in a normal state. The primary stage of the disease is accompanied by a white secret. The phase of exacerbation of a chronic disease is characterized by the presence of mucus with a grayish tint. With strong candidiasis - will be yellow. Thrush during pregnancy worries 80% of women due to hormonal disturbances, reducing the body's defenses. In order for the fungi not to be transmitted to the newborn child through the birth canal, the pathology must be treated. Focusing on the color of secreted secretion, the doctor develops a treatment regimen individually.
What are the selection for thrush by consistency (density)? This question is no less important than the color gamut of the secret. This criterion helps to determine the form, type of fungal pathology, and also indicates the presence of other pathological processes occurring in the body.
- Liquid. Most often observed in pregnant women. Their number increases immediately before the birth due to the fact that the amniotic fluid becomes larger, the secret of the genital organs increases. If you are disturbed in the usual state, then this may indicate the suppression of the beneficial microflora of the vagina (the development of dysbatcreatiosis). If untreated, the colonies grow rapidly.
- Thick. The classic version of the disease is a thick, cheesy secret without a fetid odor. The thicker the texture, the longer the pathology progresses. Thick spotting with thrush can indicate problems associated with the failure of the hormonal cycle, the pathology of the cervix, endometriosis. At simultaneous infection with clap, thick green secretions appear.
- Purulent. Often this texture is accompanied by yellow, green colors, has an unpleasant smell. Indicates the development of cervicitis, inflammation of the fallopian tubes, ovaries. The menopausal disease suggests that pus has accumulated in the uterus, which, due to the cessation of menstruation, was unable to get out. The situation occurs with the simultaneous diagnosis of candidiasis and inflammation of the uterus.
- Watery. Atypical manifestation of the disease may occur at the initial stage of the pathology or in the process of flowing into the chronic form with blurred symptoms. Due to its wateriness, it easily penetrates into the urethra, which causes infection of the urogenital system. Accompanied by painful urination, when dried, form a film.
- Abundant secretion is fixed in the event that more than a tablespoon is collected per day. More often observed in the acute stage of the disease. The presence of an unpleasant fish smell indicates the addition of another infection. The abundance can range from a thin coating, which is easy to wash off during hygiene procedures, to such an amount that the patient has to use pads.
If a woman has thrush, what secretions are normal? The standard course of the disease, not complicated by other infections, suggests the presence of secretion of medium profusion, having a cheesy consistency.
Is candidiasis always accompanied by secretions?
Based on information about the different types of secretions in candidiasis, many are not aware that the disease can occur without this characteristic symptom. This condition is regarded as candidiasm or the uncharacteristic course of the disease. In case of pathology without secretion, it is possible to talk about flowing into a chronic form, in which the periods of remission change relapses.
There may be symptoms such as discomfort during emptying of the bladder, itching, burning in the perineal area, swelling of the mucous membrane of the genital organs. The secret of the vagina is natural. Possible exacerbation before the onset of menstruation, after it all passes.
If the chronic form is excluded, then the course without whiter does not require treatment. Intake of drugs will affect the level of protective functions of the body, which may, conversely, provoke an increase in the number of fungi.
The carrier woman is often not disturbed by the symptoms of the disease. This form does not have a negative impact on the state of the body, the immune system is able to control and stop the growth of fungi. However, under the condition of creating a favorable environment, the fungus actively multiplies, the disease begins.
In order to identify candidiasis in the absence of secreted secretion, it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination.
Discharge after treatment
If symptoms of candidiasis are found, it is recommended to contact a gynecologist. The specialist, after analyzing all the results of laboratory tests, will prescribe an adequate course of treatment.
Sometimes it happens that after the traversed treatment vaginal discharge does not stop, but all other symptoms do not bother. In most cases, this indicates an imbalance of microflora, which is triggered by taking medication or an allergic reaction of the body.
Important! White curd secretion from the genitals can indicate not only thrush, but also be a sign of other serious diseases.
After treatment, control smears are taken for examination, and they indicate vaginal dysbiosis. To restore the normal microflora, vaginal preparations are taken that contain lacto-and bifidobacteria (suppositories Lactonorm, Vagilak).
Blood secretions after antifungal therapy are accompanied by problems with the uterus, infectious diseases of the urogenital system, herpes, endometritis.
To identify the causes of prolonged discharge, an additional examination is appointed. In the presence of concomitant diseases, appropriate treatment is prescribed.
In order to avoid undesirable growth of yeast-like fungi, it is necessary to adhere to some simple rules.
- strictly observe personal hygiene,
- change pads and tampons frequently (every 3 hours),
- Do not wear wet clothes (take off wet swimsuit after swimming),
- After taking antibiotics, it is necessary to take a course of probiotics, prebiotics to restore normal microflora (Linex, Sorbitol),
- timely treat all diseases
- eliminate the factors that trigger the disease,
- wash vegetables, fruits thoroughly,
- subject meat to heat treatment.
In the process of treatment of candidiasis, it is necessary to completely eliminate sex. The partner must be in parallel treated.
Discharge - the first sign of thrush. It depends on the color, consistency, volume of which therapy will be prescribed. However, the disease is not always accompanied by specific signs. An asymptomatic course is also possible. Candidiasis is not a deadly disease, but in the absence of adequate therapy it can cause serious harm to the body and even endanger life. That is why to underestimate the seriousness of the pathology is not worth it.
Why does the inflammatory process develop in candidiasis?
Several factors can cause inflammation of the ovaries, appendages or other organs of the reproductive system during thrush. Thrush occurs if the number of conditionally pathogenic microorganisms - yeast fungi of the genus Candida - increases significantly. At the same time, the body produces byproducts of their vital activity, such as acetaldehyde, ammonia, uric acid, and many harmful toxins. When harmful substances enter the blood fluid, painful symptoms occur. It also manifests an inflammatory reaction, with which the body tries to resist the manifestations of thrush.
In patients with thrush, there are 2 types of inflammatory process:
- острая форма воспаления, которая проявляется более яркой клинической картиной, но ее можно быстро устранить с помощью медикаментозного лечения:
- хроническая форма воспалительного процесса, для которой характерно более продолжительное течение. Такое воспаление сложнее устранить.
With the existing inflammatory process that has developed as a result of thrush, it is necessary to get rid of candidiasis as soon as possible, since the probability of the disease becoming chronic and delaying treatment is high.
Because of the inflammatory process on the background of thrush, a woman has strong or moderate painful sensations that manifest themselves in different situations and have a different character. During inflammation in the vagina, its mucous membrane dries out, the upper epithelial cells are destroyed, and the trauma of the deep layers occurs. This entails the formation of small wounds, apparently similar to ulcers. During sexual intercourse, these ulcers are further traumatized, so the woman suffers from pain and discomfort.
Symptoms of cystitis or urethritis
Often as a result of thrush, the bladder and / or urethra are inflamed. This is due to the fact that the yeast fungi of the genus Candida spread to the urinary tract and damage their mucous membrane. In this case, the patient complains of frequent and painful elimination of urine. Often the process of emptying the bladder is accompanied by cutting pains. Additionally, the manifestation of these symptoms:
- painful feelings of a whining character in the lower abdomen,
- a slight increase in body temperature
- general weakness and fatigue.
Sensation of itching and burning
The main nutrient for Candida fungi is glycogen, which is found in cells. When this carbohydrate is split, acids are formed which cause a sensation of itching and burning in candidiasis. The vaginal mucosa is damaged and irritated. Itchy sensations appear more intense after removing urine or washing it. Therefore, after going to the toilet and washing, it is necessary to gently dry the genitals with a paper towel to prevent the sensation of itching and burning.
As a result of thrush, a woman develops a rash around the perineum, on the small and large labia. A rash occurs when the epidermis of the genitals splits due to the multiplication of fungi. A woman suffering from thrush can detect burgundy-colored pimples on the genitals that contain fluid.
And because of the inflammatory process in a woman, there is a discharge of a cheesy consistency, which have a sharp sour smell. There is also a whitish bloom on the genitals, which is difficult to remove. Excretions suggest that the body "expels" toxins that release fungi. This fluid is formed and excreted due to increased blood circulation in the background of the inflammatory process.
In addition to the above symptoms of the inflammatory process on the background of thrush, there are such signs:
- swelling in the genitals that are caused by the expansion of small vessels located on the surface of the mucous membrane,
- damage to the skin of the inguinal region, perineum and mezhjagodichnoy folds, which appear rash, redness, white plaque,
- the deterioration of general well-being, in which the patient feels constant weakness, is in a nervous and depressed state, does not sleep well.
The inflammatory process during thrush causes unpleasant gynecological complications. If you do nothing and do not treat the disease in any way, the following consequences occur:
- Inflammation extends to the urinary system, ureterocystitis develops.
- Due to the inflammation of the appendages in a pregnant woman, spontaneous labor can begin on a period of 22–37 weeks.
- A thrush with an inflammatory process during pregnancy threatens the fetus with infection, which will result in candidal pneumonia. The newborn is diagnosed with severe respiratory failure, which is difficult to cure.
- The organs of the gastrointestinal tract are damaged, which leads to disruption of the digestive process.
Extremely severe complications occur if a person has HIV infection.
Treatment of inflammation
Since the inflammatory process is caused by thrush, in order to remove it, it is necessary to act on the root cause. For the treatment of inflammation prescribed antibacterial drugs containing penicillin and aminoglycosides. Additionally prescribed local treatment, which eliminates the signs of inflammation and thrush.
Vaginal discharge in women with thrush and the appearance of a “raid” on the head of the penis in men is caused by the development of the candida fungus. This fungus is part of the normal microflora of the human body. Losing the proper level of the body's natural defenses, long-term antibiotic use, or the presence of other chronic diseases is one of the first causes of overproduction of candida in the human body.
As a rule, yeast-like fungi "live" on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, the intestine, and genitals. Favorable conditions for development are considered to be total body temperature within 37 ° C and an acidity level of pH 5.8–6.5.
It is worth noting that thrush, like any other disease, has stages of development. In the initial form, candidiasis can manifest itself through genital itching (including in men), white curd-like discharges appear. The smell, as a rule, of such discharge in the initial stages of the development of the disease is not very “spicy”. The longer the treatment is avoided, the faster the nature of the discharge will change for the worse.
First, their profusion will only increase, and the consistency will thicken. Secondly, in the later stages, the discharge may be yellow, greenish, pink or brown (bloody). Depending on what color the discharge is observed, you can set the stage of development of thrush.
In men, the color change of the plaque and its smell, as a rule, does not change. The masculine organism more “fiercely” reacts to the subsequent reproduction of the candidate - reddening and abundant rash appear on the head of the penis, “looking out” from under the dense layer of the whitish layer.
Sometimes women confuse brown or thick spotting with thrush.
Modern women, unfortunately, are often subject to menstrual failures caused by various factors. Thick bloody vaginal discharge can cause low progesterone levels during egg maturation during the menstrual cycle. In this case, it is a problem of a physiological nature, and not parasitic fungi.
In order to make sure of this, it is enough to make an appointment with a gynecologist. It also helps to solve the problem of unstable menstrual cycle with the help of pharmaceutical, hormonal, or herbal remedies.
As for men, it should be noted that the white patina on the head of the penis and its unpleasant smell can be caused by the teason glands, located under the region of the foreskin. These glands are called smegma.
They produce white bloom during the period of active puberty in adolescents, as well as in men with a long period of sexual abstinence or because of the non-observance of the elementary rules of personal intimate hygiene.
Experts believe that the production of smegma refers to carcinogens that provoke the development of cervical cancer in women. That is why white "discharge" in men can be dangerous, even if they are not the cause of candidiasis.
Nature of discharge
The cervix, in a healthy female body, continuously produces mucus, the color change of which is caused by the period of the menstrual cycle.
During the cycle before ovulation, the discharge is usually clear or white and does not have a strong odor. They are regulated during this period by such a hormone as estrogen.
During the maturation of the egg, the female hormone, such as progesterone, “takes over” all the work. Its deficiency or excess in a woman's body can cause a clear, or pink vaginal discharge. As for the period of menstruation, a low level of progesterone causes brown spotting, the consistency of which is quite viscous.
Such low-stained bleeding has a fairly pronounced smell, familiar to all girls during their periods. In fact, it is impossible to speak about any diseases under such circumstances, because possible menstrual failures are consequences of hormonal disturbances in the body.
Pregnant women also often have discharge, the color and smell of which is due to the period of gestation. The color of discharge in pregnant women during the first trimester period may be transparent. This is mucus, which is abundantly secreted by the cervix in order to avoid any infection. If they are pink, yellow or green - in the course of pregnancy any possible failures are possible.
Often, thrush in pregnant women causes such “colored” mucus. If you notice pink bleeding from the vagina after a successful conception, hurry to see a gynecologist, because the possible infection with candidiasis must be eliminated in the early stages of its development.
Thrush for pregnant women is one of the most dangerous "enemies".
At a time when the body actively protects itself against possible infection of the intrauterine system, Candida mushrooms begin to infect the mucous membranes from the inside, thereby making it difficult for the fetus to stick to the walls of the uterus.
In the first 6 weeks of pregnancy, the presence of candidiasis is unacceptable, since in 60% of cases it becomes the cause of the interruption of fetal development. If the infection still happened, you should not resort to independent methods of treatment, refer better to an experienced gynecologist.
In the presence of thrush in women, pink spotting can be a sign of damage to the walls of the cervix - the initial stage of erosion. A lot of small ulcers constantly emit bloody masses of mucus, mixed with cheesy candidal secretions. At the same time, vaginal secretions are in themselves, in the late stages of the flow of thrush, they are green.
Speaking of green secretions, means the mass of "purulent" color, which has a very unpleasant, persistent and rich smell. After the intimate and hygienic procedures, green discharge will appear again after 30-60 minutes.
Their presence promises only one thing - the late stage of the disease. The advanced method of treatment should take place under close medical supervision, as it often leads to the ingress of various infections into the urethra (cystitis) and the development of a precancerous condition of the cervix.
It is worth noting that the white and yellow vaginal discharge with thrush is very similar to the same mass with gardnerelleze. And while candidiasis can be low-risk in the early stages, Gardnerella requires complex diagnostics and immediate treatment.
One of the most common treatments for thrush is the use of vaginal suppositories.
After their use, the smell is quickly eliminated, and pink and bloody discharge becomes natural color. The candles dissolved in a vagina envelop a gentle mucous walls with a film, relieving from inflammatory process.
For men, there is no cure by the "local" method. Bloody sores and rashes on the head of the penis can be treated with a drug method, and it is also recommended to follow all the rules of intimate hygiene, washing pink areas of the skin affected with candidiasis several times a day using an intimate gel.
Speaking about whether it can be a thrush dangerous to human health, it is necessary to take into account what "level" of development has reached the progression of its development. In the early stages of candidiasis can not be the cause of negative consequences, but you should not delay with its treatment.
Treatment of secretions in thrush
It should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist. In general, methods for treating secretions in candidiasis are included in the treatment program for candidiasis itself. The main areas are as follows:
- It is necessary to refrain from sexual contact (for the duration of treatment). It also requires treatment and sexual partner.
- Hygiene. It is recommended to wash twice a day with warm water, without using a shower under pressure. Limit the use of daily pads.
- During menstruation, to conduct a hygienic procedure after each change of the tampon or pad.
- Limit the use of synthetic underwear, cramped clothing. Cotton underwear is recommended.
- Limit oral contraceptives
- The elimination of alcohol, nicotine.
- The exception is not used in the treatment of candidiasis, ointments, creams, sprays.
- If possible (after consulting a doctor), limit the intake of corticosteroids, cytostatics.
- Adjust the treatment of endocrinological diseases (diabetes) according to the recommendations of an endocrinologist or therapist.
- Adjust the treatment of anemia, or any chronic disease.
- Obesity treatment
- Alcohol Cessation
- Exclude smoking
Treatment aimed at combating the causative agent of the disease (main treatment)
(improper treatment will worsen the disease)
The following are the approximate dosages and methods of prescribing drugs.
Drugs that do not require a doctor's prescription
For the treatment of thrush, our readers successfully use Candiston. Seeing the popularity of this tool, we decided to offer it to your attention.
Read more here ...
(Used as an additional treatment)
- 5 grams of chamomile flowers, grass Potentilla erect, move. 1 tablespoon of the mixture pour two cups of boiled water. Insist within 12 hours. For washing away the external genital organs.
- Take 50 grams of leaves of coltsfoot and blackberry mix thoroughly. Lay 1 hour in 1 liter of hot boiled water. Next, strain. For washing away the external genital organs.
- A tablespoon of baking soda is diluted per liter of boiled water.
Technique: A mug of “Esmarkh” with a capacity of up to 1-1.5 liters, a rubber tube 1.5 m long with a tap and a vaginal tip are used. Perhaps the use of pear syringe 150-200 ml. All equipment used is pre-washed thoroughly with a disinfectant solution and boiled water, the tips are pre-boiled. After washing with two fingers of the left hand, the external labia are moved apart and the tip of the Esmarch cup filled with the above solution is carefully inserted into the wall, about 75 cm above the vessel. Air is released from the tube, after which the tip is inserted into the vagina to a depth of 5-7 cm and the valve is opened on the tube. At the beginning of the procedure, the jet of fluid should be weak.
Held for 15 minutes in the prone position.
Twice a day (morning and evening). When symptoms are reduced, it is performed once a day.
General course - no more than 7-10 days.
- 5 grams of leaves of common birch, shoots of forest raspberry, peppermint grass, horsetail grass and St. John's wort perforated grass. To stir thoroughly. From the mixture obtained, pour 5 grams with one glass of boiled water and hold for ten minutes in a water bath. Next, strain. Drink inside in the form of heat 100 ml 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
Vitrum or Multiforth or Duovit
1 tablet per day for 7-10 days
1 rectal suppository 2 times a day after 12 hours. The course of treatment is 5–10 days, therapy can be repeated, the interval between courses is 5 days.
- Hilak forte
Drink inside, before or during meals, diluting with a small amount of liquid (excluding milk), 3 times a day. 40–60 drops per dose. After improvement, the daily dose may be reduced by half.
To drink inside, after food, washing down with a small amount of liquid. 2 capsules. 3 times a day.
- Acidophilic dairy products
Drink inside 30 minutes before meals
Drink inside before eating, drinking plenty of water. 1–2 pills 3 times a day. The duration of the course of treatment is up to 3 months.
Inside, 600 mg 2-3 times a day with meals, with a small amount of water .. The course of treatment is up to 3 months.
All recommendations must be carried out by consulting a specialist. Otherwise, treatment may be ineffective and erroneous.
Thrush is rightly one of the most common diseases in women. After all, cause this inflammation can a number of reasons that are often found in everyday life. This disease should be treated as soon as it is detected, since the spread of the fungus through the woman’s genital tract can easily enter the bloodstream, resulting in malfunctioning of the body.
Thrush is an inflammation of the vagina that results from the rapid growth of a yeast fungus. If untreated, such a fungus, belonging to the Candida class, affects not only the vaginal cavity, but also the uterus, which is fraught with irreparable consequences. Nowadays thrush has another name - candidiasis, which occurred as a result of the name of the genus of fungi, which are the initiators of inflammation.
Where does the fungus come from?
Candida fungus is present in the body in a minimal amount, namely in the vagina and rectum. The fact is that it is part of the microflora and vaginal mucus, because they feed on it and thanks to it live beneficial bacteria that protect the female genital organs.However, the amount of such a yeast fungus can increase significantly as a result of the death of these protective bacteria. This occurs as a result of a certain type of disease or the occurrence of infection in the genital tract.
At the same time, the number of dangerous fungus increases several times - at the same time, a woman begins to notice the first signs of inflammation, which are sometimes quite characteristic. However, often thrush occurs without obvious signs, so it is difficult to determine the inflammation in the vagina.
Without timely treatment of thrush, a woman expects:
- the spread of fungus to the nearest genitals soon
- a sharp deterioration due to inflammation of the organs,
- severe pain that does not stop even when taking painkillers,
- blood poisoning.
Many women are interested in the question - can there be a thrush as a result of infection from a partner? The answer to this question is simple - no. Even if the first signs of the disease appeared after sex, it does not mean that thrush was sexually transmitted.
Fungus of the genus Candida appears in the body of a woman before the onset of sexual activity. Therefore, sex could only wake up inflammation, which quietly "slept" and waited for the most favorable moment for development.
Therefore, do not think that the appearance of fungus in the vagina - the fault of the sexual partner. However, when the first sign appears, it is worth thinking about, because the thrush never appears just like that - it means that there was a good reason to find out as soon as possible.
The vagina of the woman is reliably protected from penetration of dangerous bacteria. Therefore, only a decrease in immunity provoked the occurrence of inflammation, because the vaginal microflora is part of the immune system.
Therefore, before starting treatment, it is important to turn to a gynecologist, who, as the diagnosis progresses, will identify the cause of reduced immunity and prescribe appropriate treatment, since it is impossible to delay the fight against thrush - the fungus spreads quickly throughout the body, affecting an increasing area of the genital organs.
Thrush - causes of the disease
Thrush or inflammation of the vagina, as mentioned earlier, is the result of many factors, the most common of which are:
- Antibiotics. Treatment with such drugs is prescribed for many diseases, so it is sometimes very difficult to avoid taking them. When ingested, more precisely, in the blood, these drugs kill all bacteria, including beneficial ones, that protect the body from the appearance of thrush.
- Contraceptives. Any hormonal drugs are composed of estrogen. Doctors claim that such a hormone causes the development of thrush, and also provokes the growth and development of fungus in the body. According to statistics, women who prevent pregnancy by taking pills, suffer from this disease 3 times more often. However, this does not mean that every woman will necessarily become infected with thrush, as each person’s body is individual. Especially often thrush develops as a result of constant change of the drug, which is highly undesirable for the body.
- Stress. Constant nervous tension and experiences also cause thrush. This is due to hormones. With constant experiences in the body begins to actively accumulate hormone cortisol, which inhibits and slows down the work of immunity. And, as you know, a weakened immune system is the main cause of inflammation of the vagina.
- Excessive consumption of sweets. Candida fungus is very fond of sweets, since its use increases blood glucose. And the higher it is, the faster the inflammation begins to develop.
- Drinking beer. Maltose, which is part of this alcoholic beverage, also causes rapid growth of the fungus. This component is similar in composition to sugar, which is so fond of the pathogen of thrush.
- Dysbacteriosis. With diarrhea and constipation, food stagnation in the intestines occurs, where a Candida representative can also develop. The fungus multiplies on the intestinal walls, after which it moves into the vagina. As a result, in addition to food poisoning, another disease awaits the woman, which has the name thrush.
- Diabetes. With an increased amount of sugar in the blood, the fungi begin to multiply actively, affecting the vaginal cavity.
- Use tampons, pads and condoms. Any "intimate" means can cause thrush, as many materials contain chemicals that cause allergies and a sharp decline in immunity.
- Wrong washing or lack thereof. Hygiene is important for normal and healthy vaginal microflora. But if it is wrong to hold, you can achieve the appearance of thrush soon. The use of shampoos and gels also causes increased development of the fungus, so they should be abandoned.
The treatment of this disease is carried out by taking special drugs that destroy the fungus. However, they should be used only after prescribing by a doctor in order not to aggravate the course of the disease.
Characteristic discharge in the acute period
Normally, natural secretions have a mucous consistency without a strong odor and do not differ in profusion. The thrush has a thick, white discharge with a sour smell. Such whites resemble liquid curd mass in their appearance, the lumps present are actually small colonies of fungi - pathogens.
The amount of discharge can vary significantly in different women, depending on the severity of the process, the stage in which it is located, and the state of the immune system. One has to experience the full picture with vivid symptomatology, and the discharge in thrush is so intense that a woman uses sanitary pads. Others may experience only minor discomfort. In the initial stage, the number of whiter is so small that a preliminary diagnosis can only be made by laboratory research.
Density can also vary, from a light, barely noticeable plaque, removed by a simple flushing with water, which is more often observed in the initial period of the disease. Dense, grayish bloom, is observed in neglected, untreated cases, it covers the vaginal walls with a thick film, and when you try to remove it mechanically, bleeding, small cracks, and wounds are detected.
However, discharge is not the only sign of thrush; they add to it: intolerable itching of the genital organs, hyperemia and edema, burning, pain in the lower abdomen of a pulling nature, pain when urinating.
For thrush, itching and other discomfort in the intimate area are added to the discharge.
Thrush can be an independent disease resulting from a decrease in general immunity. But often it accompanies diseases of the genital area and sexually transmitted diseases, the infection itself is often asymptomatic, and thrush becomes the only sign. In such cases, the discharge in thrush changes color. What deviations can be identified by female secretions:
- A pinkish tinge can indicate problems that cause hormonal disruption: endometriosis, cervical erosion, ectopic pregnancy. Thrush in these cases is a consequence of the disease.
- Slight discharge of yellow color suggests inflammatory processes of the female genital organs: adnexitis, salpingitis. With high probability we can say that the fungus affects not only the external genital organs and vagina. Saturated purulent hue is possible with inflammation in the uterus.
- Abundant secretion with an unpleasant odor appears with the development of vaginal dysbiosis. It often occurs when a woman, trying to heal on her own, is fond of douching. As a result, the microflora is washed out and replaced by pathogenic fungi.
- The combination of thrush with frothy, yellow-green discharge, accompanied by a fetid odor, drawing pain, burning and itching of the genital organs is likely to be manifestations of trichomoniasis.
- Thrush often accompanies infection with gonorrhea, then the secret becomes yellow with purulent inclusions.
- When infected with mycoplasmas, chlamydia, ureaplasmas, thrush is observed in its usual manifestations, differing from self-candida, only resistance to treatment.
Gonorrhea is often accompanied by thrush.
The manifestation of thrush in chronic
Insufficient or incorrectly chosen therapy leads to the transfer of the process to the chronic stage. The disease subsides, then recurs under favorable conditions.
Discharges of chronic thrush have a scanty character, a grayish-white color, there is a slight burning sensation in the vagina. Since the secretion is reduced and does not give its owner tangible discomfort, women rarely turn to a specialist to solve this problem.
The depth of the process increases, and complications such as frequent inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs and the occurrence of adhesions may occur. What secretions are characterized by chronic stage of the disease?
- During the interictal period, a small amount of whiter yellowish color, an unstable smell, a slight burning sensation and discomfort can be observed. A woman often gets used to such insignificant deviations, especially since the simplest measures of hygiene quickly rid her of them.
- Exacerbations occur when immunity is weakened: colds, climate change, stress, often accompany the monthly cycle. There is severe itching, swelling, hyperemia of the mucous membranes, whitish bloom is noticeable on the genitals. Symptoms are rapidly increasing, the discharge becomes abundant, lumpy, white or grayish. There is a strong smell of sour milk, urination is accompanied by a burning sensation, and it is quite painful.
- Regardless of whether the treatment was carried out or not, the manifestations of candidiasis subside after a while and the disease again goes into a sluggish stage.
During a cold, thrush is activated.
Is the disease possible without secretions
Such a concept as "thrush without discharge" is a hidden form and is called candidature. Varieties of yeast-like fungi in the body are above the norm, but immunity is able to restrain their growth, avoiding critical numbers.
Asymptomatic form can accompany a woman throughout her life, according to statistics, about 40% of the female population are carriers of the fungus Candida.
But this form of the disease is quite insidious, since at the slightest favorable case it can give an impetus to the development of candidiasis and a vivid clinical picture of thrush.
Thrush during pregnancy is not the norm. It is dangerous to infect the fetus. Women in the period of gestation are more susceptible than ever to this ailment, and it does not matter whether they were carriers or not. Allocation of candidiasis during pregnancy is not much different from the primary manifestations of candidiasis. It can be a cheesy, thick, copious discharge with a clearly tangible sour-barmy smell that delivers a lot of discomfort. And there may be yellowish strokes with a subtle smell, accompanied by severe itching and severe hyperemia. In both cases, thrush during pregnancy is treated and carried out under the supervision of a gynecologist.
Thrush is extremely undesirable during pregnancy.
What are the manifestations in childhood
The manifestation of thrush occurs in children. Little girls, if the infection did not occur during childbirth, can receive such a “gift” from their parents if they do not follow the rules of hygiene (general bathing, shared towels and household items, parental bed). It is important to pay attention in time to signs such as combing the genital area, uncomfortable and even crying when urinating. Discharges are white or yellowish in color, without a pronounced odor, not rich. In children, the manifestation of thrush can be blurred, but the result is more dangerous than in adults, since the labia may be fused.
How is the disease manifested in men
In the male genital organs, thrush does not take root, and the disease, in its full sense, rarely develops. More often in men, candida carrying is asymptomatic, but sometimes, with a favorable set of circumstances for the fungus, it is possible that:
- Itching in the genital area.
- Burning during urination.
- The mucous membrane of the genitals is covered with a grayish-white or slightly yellow bloom with a pronounced fermented milk smell. Attempts to remove this film mechanically lead to damage to the mucous membrane.
- With the defeat of the urethra, discharge of mucous character is found in the urine, sometimes they have a bloody hue.
In such cases, candidiasis requires immediate treatment.
Secretions in thrush are quite specific, they can be more or less pronounced, be the result of a sharp decline in immunity or a sign of disease.
But with careful attention to their health, miss the appearance of thrush is really difficult. It is also important to remember that any form of candidiasis is to be treated, but it should be carried out under the supervision of an experienced specialist.